Why did he cast so few spells? He's a wizard, isn't he?

Why did he cast so few spells? He's a wizard, isn't he?

Attached: 220px-Gandalf600ppx.jpg (220x239, 15K)

forgot his runes

Why didn't gandalf just teleport the ring into mount doom?

it's ain't a video game

Smoked too much weed lmao

He was tired after fighting the Nine at Amon Sul.

Hes nerfed while in ME. Also he does plenty of fire related shit in the movie and books.

Yes but he's gay in the movies

Because not all settings conform to your retarded D&D standards not everything is about lightning bolts and fireballs SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU STUPID FUCKING CUNT READ A LOW-MAGIC SWORD AND SORCERY NOVEL FOR ONCE YOU FUCKTARDED NECKBEARD CAPESHITTER

He wasted all his chakra

The greatest ripples are often made with the slightest changes.

He's not allowed to intervene too much because then the earthlings wouldn't learn a single thing.

He relied on raw magic

Low magic fantasy is for brainlets. The LotR books are full of magical shit

LotR is low magic you fucking retard.

lmao

"I think you gain a level of, I don’t know, realism. You’re not going to be careful in fantasy because it can easily pull apart. Magic is a particular — I mean, my fantasy is quite low magic compared to the majority of it out there. And in that sense, I was following Tolkien’s footsteps because if you actually look at Lord of the Rings as I did when I was writing this, Middle Earth is a very magical world in a sense, it’s a world of wonders and marvels and so forth, but there’s very little onstage magic. You know? You never see Gandalf doing a spell or, or creating throwing fireballs. You know, if there’s a fight, he draws a sword. You know? He does fireworks… his staff will glow. Minor stuff. Even the magic rings, I mean, the big powerful one ring, all we ever see it do is make people invisible."
-The Fatman

Attached: 1556585934667.jpg (1280x720, 420K)

His Ki was low

You're thinking of high fantasy. LotR isn't in your face when it comes to magic. It's like, say, Eberron, where everyone uses it to light a cigarette, or using fire elementals to heat your house and airships. Magic is a scarce force that is still seen as wondrous. Not so in places like D&D where it's taken for granted unless you're a particularly formidable magic-user.

slow mana regen for an old wizard

>that that he wanted to sacrifice himself with a lightning AOE ground slam attack just before the eagles came to save him and the dwarves
That one time he had some truly sick shit ready they stole his thunder.

No, YOU'RE a wizard, Harry

This again?

>Sets the whole plan in motion
>Singlehandedly gets both kings of men into the fight, by talking one into it and dethroning and bruning the other
>arguably the member of the fellowship with the highest kill count and defintely the most xp
>can't intervene

Get outta here Rowling

Of course he's allowed to fight with a sword, guide the people of Middle-earth and give advice. That's literally his job, to look out for the little good beings. But he's not allowed to use his godly magic powers to instantly solve over half of the things they encounter.

Notice how he mainly uses offensive magic when it's against another type of magic.

>Saruman
>Balrog
>Curse of Theoden (Saruman again)
>The Witch King and his lackeys

He does use aggressive magic sometimes against non-magical beings but very, very sparingly if the situation is simply too desperate for the protagonists.

kek and in the meantime he just cuts through hordes of orcs with the same effectiveness as if casting a spell.So much denial. Just face it, ME is like gandalf vacation where he's having a laugh. Like the company on total recall that sells adventures

But this thread is about his spell usage, not about his fighting skill. He's very OP when it comes to sword fighting, I admit that, but this thread is still about his magic.

what a fucking hack

And to add, the reason why Gandalf is allowed to butcher so much orcs and be a show-off is probably again because there's adversaries that are on his power level on the other side like the Nazguls.

Without Gandalf the normal races wouldn't stand a chance.

>if you actually look at Lord of the Rings as I did when I was writing this
It shows, you hack

>You never see Gandalf doing a spell or, or creating throwing fireballs
>>literally turns acorns into fireballs in the hobbit
OHNONONONONONO

the chants would take a whole book.

Because magic in LotR universe is subtle and he is nerfed significantly while also being straight up forbidden to match Sauron with power.
His task is rallying the people of Middle-Earth against Sauron, not 1v1 him.