Do you know the oldest lie in America, Senator?

Do you know the oldest lie in America, Senator?

Attached: JUST.jpg (982x720, 251K)

>Women actually have rights.

Circumcision.

"tripfaggots are human"

one if by land two if by sea

Jews are respectable people?

Why did people like this film? I legitimately want to know.

Gay

>why did people like Batchad V Superchad: Dawn of Kino?

GRANNYS PEACH TEA!

>if i say chad that makes it good

Have Sex

Whites are evil.

Stupid dumb Tranny scum

It's the closest the genre ever came to social awareness and genuine introspection.

That Elvis is dead

they dont. its ironic.

I do. It's the only superhero movie to make my top 10 and the only action movie to make my top 5 of the decade.

The oldest lie is that im not on your time, your on my time

The Federal Reserve isn't a private bank and actually part of the United States Government

Uncle Grannies Peach Moose Piss is better as Moonshine.

But seriously folks, did Lex just want a Mommy to fondle and grope at his leisure?

And that’s a good thing.

Lex dropping the biggest redpill of them all - that democracy is a sham and no one who seeks power does so with good intentions. Great fucking line.

Because it's a proper comic book movie. It uses the characters in ways that only the comics do and doesn't slow down to explain a single goddam thing for the normies.

BvS could have been better but it was pretty rad

I know everyone hated him but he was the only enjoyable part of this movie

You dare? It’s actually hard to not like the film you fag

It’s like what comic book movies should be, it’s beautiful and fun

The superman question scene still sticks to me

Honestly this film might be in the top 10 of all time

It's not a bat...

Did he really piss in that jar and leave it out for the lady to see in public? Thats a bit autistic

That the American Revolution wasn't instigated by the Jews and that this entire nation hasn't been in their grasp since its literal inception?

Tubular dude.

Yikes, clearly don’t watch enough movies. It’s ok but it’s still cape shit. I’ll give you that it’s probably the best of the cape shit.

It’s fucking easy to not like it. IT. IS. CAPE. SHIT.

Alright tell us one of your top 10 then

While it does involve superheroes, Snyder can spin it in a way so it’s not like usual crap and actually make it entertaining

I actually agree with you.

Police Academy
Police Academy 2: Their First Assignment
Police Academy 3: Back in Training
Police Academy 4: Citizens on Patrol
Police Academy 5: Assignment Miami Beach
Police Academy 6: City Under Siege
Police Academy: Mission to Moscow
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

American psycho
Akira
Lobster
The big short

Just to name a few

I like how when all his plans go to shit, Lex literally hits the panic button, unleashing his pet monster as a distraction. This is what they do. This is what they always do. When they're close to getting caught out on their bullshit, they cook up some new monster to distract people with, arrogantly assuming that they'll remain untouched and capable of dealing with it later if they have to.

Based

Patrician

I’ve seen the same movies as you user but it appears we are in a disagreement over BvS

None of these are top 10 material for me. They're all fine to good but not among the best I've ever seen.

List em then

Bvs wasn’t bad like every fucking normie would tell you but it’s not good either. I mean “how do you know that name?!” Cmon...

based goyim

it unironically gets better each time you see it.
I've seen plenty of films that get better on the second viewing, but that's it.
I've seen a few get even better on the third
BvS is the only film ever made that just keeps on getting better

Also the cgi was pretty bad.

Combines the fun action of superheroes with interesting philosophy.

Well, depends. If it genuinely is "best movies I've ever seen" rather than "personal favourites" there's Sunset Boulevard, Orson Welles' The Trial, Last Year in Marienbad, La Strada, Wild Strawberries...

If I had to name the ones I personally enjoy the most there's be more low brow stuff in there too, like Star Wars: New Hope, Big Lebowski, Pain and Gain and, actually, Batman v Superman

just filter him. he is responding to literally every thread. the only way to kill a tripfag is to starve them of attention.

Fuck of pleb I’ve watched almost every film there is to watch.

Martha was a trigger for batmans PTSD which also reminded him superman was human etc. Etc. I feel like people just hate that line to hate it. I've seen far worse scenes and lines in other movies that people praise.

cgi was great you faggot
you may question the doomsday design (I actually like it, it's homage to the son of devil design in Constantine), but from the technical point of view he looked good
wb movies in general, I have to admit, have decent cgi, the only Disney movies from this decade that manage to achieve the same look were tfa and rogue one (tlj had some terrible reshoot greenscreens)

Official top 10 of all time (non ordered and English language only list ):

Eyes wide shut

The Tree of Life

2001 A space odyssey

Apocalypse Now

Blade Runner

Mulholland Drive

The Godfather

Rear Window

The Excorcist

Batman V Superman Ultimate Edition

The problem with the line is that it's implausible that Superman would refer to his mother by her first name when voicing his dying wish to Batman."Save mother" would have worked better, "Save Martha Kent." would have worked too.

its fans grew up on bollywood and lucha libre.

I agree with you.

>interesting philosophy
Totally know what you mean, I went to high school too.

triggering ptsd makes people more violent and irrational, not less. it wouldn't be a condition otherwise.

Describe BvS philosophy in 50-90 words.

>Waaahhhh why can't I kill the infant growing inside me?!?!?!

cringe and libtardpilled

trannies fear the Chad

Attached: terf chad.png (2358x1048, 374K)

I dont see how anyone could find this film good but leave it to Yea Forums to like it lol

Critics hate it.
So fa/tv/irgins have to be contrarian and like it, even though Snyder is one of the worst "big" directors of the decade and doesn't understand comic books past the visual medium.

Attached: shrugging.jpg (554x439, 106K)

Doesnt it also cause the feelings of loneliness, guilt, fear, flashbacks and mistrust? I'm going off Google so dont quote me on that. But if you are correct, which I assume so, we can say instead of PTSD, Martha's name was enough to remind batman that superman has humanity, or stall batman enough for Louis to explain he has a mom named Martha. We can dissect this into oblivion. Point out all the potental good or bad in this. Which I think is what makes this a good movie. Healthy discussions. But this is Yea Forums so..fag I guess? Idk

It's a critical examination of well known super heroes and the ideals and morals they represent (justice, altruism, vigilantism...) In the context of modern society looking at them from a political, sociological and cultural perspective, both criticizing and reaffirming their values.

Yeah he did get defensive for like 5 More seconds then he backed off in the movie

How many scenes in the films have we seen Clark address his mother? I think the line is just right the way it is and it has received way too much backlash.

contrarianism doesn't exist. there are people who are genuinely stupid enough to think bvs is good.

Critics aren’t very helping nowadays and zack Snyder seems like he wants to do something different with comic books which I fully support and he does seem very passionate about it too.

A lot of critics, even Roger Ebert, hated Clockwork Orange too when it came out and it's considered a masterpiece now. Sometimes they just get it wrong.

it’s because normies couldn’t understand the obvious symbolism between man vs god which was literally spelt out in the film

They are retarded pseuds

>Critics aren’t very helping

just stick to bollywood.

J

You like modern age critics? Name some good ones

everyone got that, they just didn't do anything interesting with it

In what way is it now a masterpiece? Technically or culturally?

Faggot

There is no good bollywood. Its all shit. just like your streets.

>zack Snyder seems like he wants to do something different with comic books which I fully support and he does seem very passionate about it too.
Yes, but it doesn't work. He reads Watchmen, or 300, or Superman, and he's like "Wow, cool pictures!" but he is literally unable to understand any theme underlying. The whole "wake up people Batman should kill people now" episode is symptomatic.

its appreciated now because we're long past the game of shock value oneupmanship, of which it was an example.

it tried something. Too bad it's only good in its extended version.

Attached: 1533779876436.jpg (2048x2048, 670K)

armond white

It literally became plebfilter: the cape movie.

Didn’t he get the underlying Superman is a god theme in both man of steel and BvS? I’ll give you watchmen though because I don’t really care about it too much

Kino list

Retard

Have sex

While flawed it's ambitious and in many aspects shows that the director gave zero fucks about anyone. What weighs it down are some shit due to production meddling, like skipping a MoS2 and hamfisting WW in it. The Martha line was dumb but people absolutely blew it out of proportion.
The movie is greater than the sum of its parts, and even if you disliked it you have to admit that the vocal criticism about it was absolutely exaggerated, people made it out to be worst than fucking cancer. The result is that now DC movies for the most part will be retarded shit like JL and Shazam with zero ambition behind it.

Patrician

superman isn't a god. He never claims to be one or conducts himself as one. So the entire attempt to force that on superman is why the snyderverse completely imploded.

I can’t find that critic anywhere

Nice.

Attached: MM+Darkseid.jpg (814x840, 139K)

But they don't. Men have rights. Women have rights given to them by men. If men collectively said "yeah you know what? This whole you having rights thing isn't working out for society, so just as we gave them to you, we're taking them away.

And you know what? Theres nothing women can do about it, because at the end of the day, violence is king, and men are better at it.

telling your curry slurping ass to stick with bollywood isn't supporting critics.

Clearly retarded

Well it imploded because warner brothers didn’t believe in him and Superman in the Snyderverse to the other humans is basically an alien god even though like you said he claims to not be one and just wants to be a normal hero which causes some interesting plot points to emerge from it.

Pretty good.

Attached: 1558597300834.gif (235x240, 1.93M)

>I’ve seen worse
That just proves that you’re bias to this movie and can’t rationalize.
Aka you’re full of shit.

friend, the audience doesn't see superman as an alien god, so trying to force that as a central part of the narrative is why the audience didn't hop on board with the movie, thus, why WB wasn't willing to stick it out for snyder to keep trying to force narratives without justifying them.

Not to mention he was making a superman movie with the express intention of changing literally everything about superman. So people walk in with their preconceptions and snyder fails to do anything to challenge or break them, just barrels forth as if no one but him as ever heard of superman.

Except he did an excellent job with 300. Like I said in another post the "worst" parts were likely introduced after focus groups bitched because it was a sausage fest, ie. the parts about the queen (not bitching becuse muh womyn, but it's absolutely irrelevant to the main plot, also absent from the comic book).
Watchmen is debatable. I like it but I understand why some people don't, it's a really difficult adaptation to make.
Regardless of what you think of Snyder he's got at least a very distinct style, his issue is a sort of lack of substance when it comes to original scripts.

>jews like me dont run america

Have sex right now

300 was a huge ridiculous joke and the only reason people are praising it now is because they saw it when they were 12.

It's a kino for high IQ people specifically

asthetically I don't find the film that much appealing; I'm not talking about the obvious grotesqueness that Kubrick was trying to achieve but just the overall style.
however the narrative of it's the hobson's choice dilemma I still find interesting and relevant: which is more evil: letting evil exist or eliminating the free-will?

>Jews are respectable people?
Jews are people?

Tell me why right fucking now. It's a nearly perfect adaptation of the original, so unless you dislike that one too or have an idiosyncrasy for slow-mo you can't say that it's a bad adaptation at all.

In man of steel Snyder was obviously trying to show Superman and superheroes in a new and more serious light but it seems to me the Audience went into the movie expecting a marvel capeshit instead of an actual serious movie. Also he did not change everything about Superman he basically took the core origin and concept of Superman and just put his own ideals on it while keeping the things that made Superman Superman. I believe Snyder released his movie for an audience who were not accepting of change.

That you're a good actor

The issue with superman is that most normies have a very precise idea of him, that can be summed up in those days that say "I love Batman, but hate Superman", despite having an extremely superficial idea of the characters. The movies are probably to be blamed for this.

>tell me why a huge ridiculous joke was a huge ridiculous joke

... literally everyone was making fun of 300 when it came out. Everyone outside of the braindead tweenage male demographic, that is. It having a built in excuse to be so over-the-top and ridiculous didn't change this.

So it was bad because everyone said it was bad? Please give this user an actual reason

... uh, friend, try reading posts before replying to them.

Unless you're going to try to claim 300 was subtle and restrained.

So the extent of your criticism of it is that it was popular opinion making fun of it?
And what does this have to do with me saying that it's a good adaptation? Absolutely fucking nothing.

And does every movie need to be subtle and restrained? Especially if it’s an action movie? And you just began your argument with
>literally everyone was making fun of 300 when it came out.

and then I explained why. and its easy to sum up into a few words. its almost like I made an actual argument that you can't refute.

To be frank with you user I have no idea wtf your argument is

my argument is 300 was a massive joke and is only considered otherwise by people who are either mentally retarded or saw it when they were 12.

not sure why you want me to repeat myself.

og 300 poster here. I'm still waiting for you to tell me if 300 was badly adapted or not. You said that he doesn't understand the comics he adapts, but in 300's case I believe he did very well

there was nothing in 300 to understand.

UHH
ATHEIST
BAD
RELIGION
GOOD
SUPERMAN
JESUS
:)

Ok so now we finally pinned it down to you disliking the original material and hating on the movie because of transitive property and not on its own merit as an adaptation, good.

So why is it a massive joke?

The comic book was a ridiculous load of over-the-top garbage, completely lacking in any subtext or overarching themes.

The movie was a ridiculous load of over-the-top garbage, completely lacking in any subtext or overarching themes.

adapting 300 well isn't something to be praised.

Did 300 rape you or something?

This is the same experience I've had with it - catching more and more detail every single time.

No one gives a shit about your opinion on the story. Snyder adapted it well (and definitely well translated the visuals on the screen) and whatever message or story the original was about, it was in the movie, that's it.

>calling communist propaganda a redpill

These aren't opinions. These are facts of 300. Getting triggered over facts won't change them.

You derailed the discussion to points no one was talking about, from whether 300 was badly adapted to audience reaction + you being assblasted about its plot. If anything it's you who sound like Miller or Snyder took a dump on your head in the past.

You presented 300 as an indication that zack snyder is something other than a blithering retard. I have presented to you the facts of why 300 means nothing.

Take note: this interpretation speaks only to the geopolitical allegory of the film:

It's a tale about how the elite power structure does all in their power to stifle dialogue between differing cultures, fostering xenophobia and hatred through the means of a media that is at best controversy-focused and oblivious if not outright complicit. The elite profit from the division, preying on both sides and they will continue to do so until the opposing factions find common ground. The West needs to pay more attention to what *is* being said and done by the East, and the East needs to stop letting guilt over their past actions(and inactions) silence them, and realize that they're going to have to take up the spear and slay some of their own monsters before the West will see them as anything besides an enemy.

holy shit, its the guy who thinks "literally the united states embodied as a humanoid figure" represents islam

based and redpilled, just like the movie.
Also the soundtrack is based
I've yet to hear one memorable song from the mcu.
Guess that's why it's a thing to hate on zimmer nowadays, cause he won't make music for the mcu

That America wasn't meant to be a white country, when every single founding father agreed that it was supposed to specifically be an Anglo-Saxon nation that expressly forbade other inferior races from entering it.

That's only according to your opinion because you consider 300 cancer. From an objective standpoint he did a good job adapting it to a movie, which isn't only a matter of script but of visuals too. If you think this means nothing because of your opinion on the source material, that's just your perspective. But as far as comic book movies go, it's actually really good that there's little difference between reading the original and watching the movie (another example is Sin City).
To be clear I don't think that 300 the comics is anything special, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate what Snyder did.

You know when you start strawmanning, you're conceding the argument, right?

What am I strawmanning? It's all shit I've been saying for one hour now.

Friend, the point you're desperate to miss is taking a bunch of infantile garbage and adapting it word-for-word, shot-for-shot, into a movie that is also infantile garbage is not an indication of directorial ability.

Except it does when done properly (like in 300). You are just sour about it because you think the story is shit.

>ruins what's left of your movie

Friend, what you're desperate to not understand is there were no points to miss with 300. No subtext. No themes. Nothing to misunderstand or misinterpret. It's completely straight forward and overt. None of the characters have anything resembling the depth necessary to lose track of who/what they are.

Every time zack snyder has had even the barest amount of a third dimension to contend with, he's failed utterly and made an embarrassing mess of himself and the work he was trying to bring to the screen.

So basically your argument is "zack snyder is good when he has nothing resembling any creative freedom and is adapting a work even an 8 year old could easily understand."

reddit formatting.
The msoiU is here

Are you that mentally retarded or did you skip all the instances in which I said that Snyder translated the visuals from 2D to live action in a good manner? It's not only about plot and themes, both comics and movies are visual media. No one cares if you think the story is childish, this has nothing to do with what the discussion is about.

using a comic book as a storyboard is not an impressive feat, and completely blew up in his face when he tried to make watchmen.

You can do it right and you can do it wrong.
It worked fine in 300 because it was an action-heavy highly stylized comic book in the first place, so his style worked good on the screen.
Unfortunately the same philosophy wasn't nearly as effective with Watchmen because it's a radically different comic book.

and, like I said, you're saying zack snyder can only do it right when he has zero ability to do literally anything else.

He did Watchmen perfectly fine though.

I think he did the best with Watchmen. The only real issue with it is that the tone was a off compared to the original, but nothing dramatic, and he got the story right (with few compromises, but the core themes are there).
But honestly I'd rather have what he did with Watchmen than what the trannies did to V For Vendetta, absolutely butchered in every single aspect of it.

isn't there a street that needs to be shit in?

Oh I like it, but I can fully understand why someone would criticize it.

No I don't live in a 3rd world nation like the eu

the No Justice fan cut is really good, removes Doomsday and the cinematic universe filler

that jews dont run the world

based Snyder

And you still don't have an argument.

If you think there's no subtext in 300, you're a fucking moron.

Why don't you go check and let us know, faggot?

Why do people act like this movie is good? Is it DCuckolds coping that the last good DC film was made over ten years ago? And that it was yet another fucking Batman movie? It's so fucking heavy handed with the Christ allegory. Also Lex Luthor literally just telling the audience the themes of the film
> I figured out way back if God is all-powerful, He cannot be all good. And if He is all good, then He cannot be all-powerful.
This is how heavy handed this shit needs to be for autists to pick up on themes in a film, it's laughable. It reminds me of how autists are attracted to MLP and anime.
Because they can only empathize with hyper exaggerated unambiguous emotions portrayed by cartoon characters. If they're not beaten over the head with it they don't get it. That's why these people watch a half baked capeshit film and call it kino because they've never been exposed to or are able to appreciate real kinography.
Y'all niggas best hope that Joker is kino because I've been lmaoing at your life.

summary: have sex

Attached: Sofia-Boutella-Feet-3693485.jpg (2880x1620, 575K)

If you think that the problem of evil is a theme if this film, you're a fucking retard.

Thanks for the reminder, I'm going to marathon this kino right away. I like the Old-Hollywood-style symbolism, feels honest.

>daily BvS threads
>still dividing opinion
honestly the epic of this decade
I love it

Attached: 1554180634916.jpg (1000x559, 51K)

>if you're not in favor of democracy you're a communist
user....

Attached: 5549afe2b691f362af0b6902a81e7a41919a39a9c82da81a50f6f180642033f9.jpg (242x509, 36K)

This, despite all the unfair critics that it received it still get discussed not only here but on fb and twitter too.

Upvoted

It was just ironic love, but not anymore. Since it’s probably the most hated Super Hero movie for Reddit and normies alike, Yea Forums has to do the honors and love it so it’s makes them feel special.

>The big short
surprisingly a good movie.

you mean the jews right?

I mean the elite, of which Jews enjoy hugely disproportionate representation.

>Police Academy 4: Citizens on Patrol
Pure Kino

Solid story, visuals, scores, dialogues, actions. I mean, what's not to like?

U WOT M8?

Attached: 1553452810868.jpg (2560x1015, 720K)

>that picture
That's a fucking stretch.

>If a source material I didn't like is adapted for a movie, then the movie is bad. Also the director who "adapted it word-for-word, shot-for-shot" is a hack because it doesn't take much skill to do that.
You have no idea what happens bts, do you?

Even after all these years, BVS is still relevant. It's gets even crazy when we realize that certain other movies, which are still on theaters, has already been forgotten, despite their admirable feats on the BO.

True and basedpilled.

>women can’t just pickup a gun
All you need to do to be good at violence is pull a trigger user.

zack snyder using comic books as storyboard is established fact, so I don't know what you're trying to argue.

Those are good movies but I’d place BvS above The Big Short. Dawn of Justice has a more complex and potent political message, and is better on a technical level.

If you listen carefully Superman is trying to say Martha Kent. He says “You’re letting him kill Martha... k-k-k-ent” after he says Martha, Batman’s boot stomps hard on his throat so it’s harder for her last name to be enunciated but it’s there.

He doesn’t say save my mom because he’s Superman and still trying 1. Protect his identity and 2. Appear impartial

Employees must wash their hands?

>muh critics are right meme
>muh Snyder is bad meme

Snyder is the Paul Verhoeven of the 21st century. Not only do his films excel on a technical level that only a handful of directors (Spielberg, Scott, Nolan, Villeneuve) can match, his films have the sharpest subtext. In this age where simply having woman or black people in a movie will count as substance for critics, Snyder is making films that question our accepted values and ask us to look deeper. He’s deconstructing modern neoliberal mythology while most others follow formula. Sucker Punch in particular is a great feminist critique on how women are portrayed in Hollywood, even in “empowered” roles. People can shit on Snyder as much as they want, but his oeuvre has had enough cultural impact to prove he’s doing something right.

Well, yes, it's possible that he's trying to get something else out but it's not exactly clear.

Daily reminder that only low iq subhumans can hate this movie.
It's a damn shame WB and the dceu were ran by absolute scumbags that threw Zack under the bus instead of letting him create his owns movies.
>knightmare based movie never, ever

Attached: 1554651914644.gif (418x352, 24K)

Good lord i thought it was a serious post right until the moment you said Sucker Punch was good.

It’s like you see what the film is saying but don’t get it.
>Maybe he’s not a god or devil, maybe he’s just a guy trying to do the right thing.
Superman doesn’t see himself as a god, but in the real world, one can’t control how others perceive them. Snyder was trying to make a film about Superman existing among us, and it would be inevitable that people would see him both as a savior and as a demon because he by design checks boxes for both archetypes. The film is about Superman just wanting to be himself but facing the pressure of living up to peoples expectations of him. The film shows Superman looking like a deity through its visuals because Snyder is showing what other people see in him. It’s no different from how 300 is shown through a storyteller’s perspective so the Persians seem like a borderline supernatural threat, or Sucker Punch is about women being sexually abused in an asylum but has visual stand-ins that replace the rape with pop culture action scenes. What one sees in a Snyder film may not actually be happening, it’s somewhat Lynchian.

Superman can be both. If you think art and media can only have singular interpretations you need to die.

You try too hard.

>That BvS is good and Snyder is not a hack.

BvS is cinema while MCU is like McDonald's fast food flicks.

how can marvel even compete

Attached: BatmanSuperman_MPC_VFX_ITW_14A.jpg (1400x596, 264K)

the cake is a lie?