/RBMK/ - Chernobyl General

Last thread

Attached: soviet digital clock.png (472x374, 331K)

Other urls found in this thread:

proza.ru/2016/01/28/1824
youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
youtube.com/watch?v=HC2BjlKbQ6I
youtube.com/watch?v=1zNr8Pf1QkY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Rubimaki did nothing wrong

I'M GONNA PRESS IT

Attached: 1558534671134.jpg (480x497, 86K)

I feel like I should be doing something productive but I can't pull myself away from these threads. I'm too lonely.

Attached: sadcop.gif (245x255, 500K)

Attached: 443A58BE-246F-4588-9C4D-2B95FAD58CE2.jpg (1920x3834, 634K)

any funny edits of the radiation patients yet

You'd need a heart of stone to make light of Vasily's suffering

The General guy is based. Did he get cancer from driving the dosimeter near the fire?

was this the period of apparent recovery they mentioned? It truly is brutal, all the patients gathered, smoking, chatting, all right before they melted alive.

Attached: Chernobyl - 03 - Open Wide, O Earth.mkv_snapshot_00.07.06_[2019.05.23_05.39.07].jpg (1920x1080, 867K)

there was a metal taste in your mouth comrade

Attached: 1558578265540.jpg (960x651, 107K)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1558481667317.jpg (1112x831, 470K)

How DARE womyn DO THINGS in my show?

Attached: cher.jpg (3252x2100, 525K)

First for cute core-chan

Attached: 1558452980645.jpg (3300x2550, 422K)

>hmm user you need to try out this new blue salt, here, I'll fix you a sandwich

Attached: 11.png (852x480, 583K)

How DARE this beautiful and intelligent woman NOT GET MORE SCREEN TIME in my show?

Attached: 1558403026094.jpg (1478x1462, 196K)

In the next episode

Attached: Garanin.my.friend.jpg (1000x3796, 462K)

Who draws these, do they have a twitter?

Does anyone know the mechanism by which they come to taste metal? Is it ionized metal in the air or are they tasting their own blood from being irradiated?

He lived for another 17 years, so maybe.

Core chan has been bad and is on a timeout. She has to watch that explosive temper of hers.

Attached: 1558489143902.jpg (1294x1000, 138K)

its the ionized metal in the air

Yea it is, I was telling my folks about the affects of ARS and how you will briefly feel like youre doing better probably about 2 minutes before this scene came on. I think they mention after this scene the detailed prognosis of someone who has been exposed to fatal amounts of radiation.

I'm not sure, someone here is a drawfag and has been sharing them. Hope they make more

Attached: 1558430158601.png (1080x1645, 1.74M)

Yes, the walking ghost phase.

OUT OF MY WAY COMRADES

Attached: 7DBE7CAF-B59E-49CB-AAAA-B208CD09A0D1.jpg (777x791, 149K)

Is this show worth a shit and actually entertaining or is it just a dry recounting the events of the Chernobyl disaster?

>ionized metal in the air
I can tell you for certain that this is impossible, but there isn't enough evidence to say for sure what does cause it. Best guesses seem to be iron being separated from blood, or taste buds being continuously fried internally.

when comrade scherbina and i flew near /rmbk/ in the helicopter there were chunks of hot pockets everywhere. hot pockets are only used in one place; the core. the emergency workers tasted ham and cheese in the air and they reported a glow was being emitted from /rbmk/. the following morning general pikilov used the soviet union's most advanced meme detector and we learned that /rbmk/ was releasing 15,0000 memes per thread, with numerous threads per day. later that day we were informed that sweden detected the smell of hot pockets and the americans took satellite phoots of our memes. then the meltdown began and the fission of memes created unforseen byproducts like thread splitting. it was then we knew we had to seal the core once and for all.

Attached: 1543698431152.jpg (620x398, 32K)

Uh...
BASED
BASED
BAAASED

It's actually entertaining. It's not a documentary. Give the first episode a watch.

It's authentic kino.

Why would you spread disinformation at a time like this? Disgraceful.

Seriously though you shouldn't have metal in the air, and ionized metal would taste like salt, not metal.

Where is the draw fag? Love his work and want to see more!

Attached: 1558048843219.png (1920x798, 1.36M)

Scherbinia best girl

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (480x480, 28K)

>rads have shredded your dna
>cells can't reproduce
>but the cells you had before exposure are still alive
>you feel ok for a day or two
>then you decompose like a corpse as cells die with no replacements
Fucking brutal. I would put a bullet in my head instead of suffering that.

Its a common symptom of many conditions, good luck finding a root cause.

Hauntingly fantastic

proza.ru/2016/01/28/1824

>During the operation of the first block of the Leningrad NPP, immediately (in 1974), the spatial instability of the neutron flux was discovered, due to positive feedbacks that were not predicted during the development of the reactor. The exceptional difficulty of managing a RBMK was the cause of a serious accident, which could well be considered a rehearsal of the Chernobyl disaster.

>Attempts by the operator to reduce the speed of power increase by standard means, simultaneously immersing a group of manual control rods + 4 rods of the automatic regulator, the effect was not given, the power acceleration increased. And only the operation of the emergency protection stopped the reactor. Fortunately, in this accident, the walls of only two channels carrying the pressure of the coolant were destroyed, and the accident had a relatively small scale.

Attached: gorby pizza hut 3.jpg (853x640, 103K)

KNOCK THIS SHIT OFF
Fucking boys vs girls faggots shitting up these threads.

The first episode was amazing. Second was OK and the third was better than the second.

Attached: 1558510016026.jpg (600x900, 80K)

Take a shot every time she says "I'm a nuclear physicist"

Attached: 0b32956f-9970-4018-810b-7771030c6608-bb0e179819aecfa2f86838fcb3151db83c4a92ed573901fc2a292223760282a (970x546, 94K)

jesus fucking christ

>Academician V. Legasov: “Chernobyl began conditionally, of course, in 1961, i.e. in the very year when Gagarin flew into space - this was the last highest achievement of Soviet science and technology.

>Although I generally think that our science and technology has been very successful by hook or by crook and developed surprisingly to the whole world with enormous achievements in all, almost, areas. And the peak of these achievements was the flight of Gagarin into space.

>After that, we began abruptly in all directions to give in, give in and the fall just began. This is the general fall of the Soviet technology, the reasons for which can be a long and long talk, it was also the beginning of Chernobyl. The Soviet Union was the ancestor of atomic energy. The first power station was built in Obninsk near Moscow. Then we built the Beloyarsk nuclear power plant and the Novovoronezh nuclear power plant. And they stopped the development of nuclear energy.

>This is the end of the 50s. Because such a point of view prevailed that we have enough Donbass coal there, we don’t need to develop nuclear energy.

are you guys raiding the imdb score? no way this shit is natural.

Attached: 1304902436785.jpg (625x800, 152K)

>We had made a powerful Gosplan miscalculation, calculated on the fact that we have enough organic fuel for a lot, and we practically do not need atomic energy, and somewhere by the 60s it became clear that the European part of the Soviet Union, where 80 percent of both the population and industry are concentrated on us, will not live on imported fuel, and Donetsk coal has become too expensive, and it became too little.

9.6 is too high, but I hate everything and I still think this is really good.

Check the Youtube comments on all the trailers and snippets. It is very likely natural.

Misha really shouldn't have been fucking around with that strange rock

Go fuck yourself. Some of us care about accurate portrayals of women not leaving the kitchen.

I personally don't even have an imdb account
Its just that good

Attached: 1558408694242.jpg (749x581, 82K)

Hey anons what’s this?

Attached: C37895EE-F42D-4A0B-A1BE-FC993B5D9734.jpg (720x1280, 209K)

this man approaches you asking for fans, what do you do?

That's disgusting, Vitoly. Put down Boris's old fleshlight.

Not even surprised, this shit is really good

>Imported fuel is expensive. It became clear that it was impossible not to develop nuclear energy. Without it, it is impossible to live European industry. In fact, for environmental reasons, which many people do not imagine because over the centuries, many radioactive elements have accumulated in coal or oil reservoirs, and it is precisely the long-lived isotopes and the most dangerous: alpha-active.

>For example, in the Kama-Achinsk coal basin, only in its upper layers, there are 2 million curies of alpha-active, long-lived isotopes. As soon as we start the Kama-Achinsk basin to actively exploit, we will begin along the road along which the ember fumbles, when burning, especially our own lungs, to saturate this radioactive mud.

>Therefore, the less nuclear power plants and the more coal or oil - the more radioactive contamination, under natural conditions, will be. So, this is a completely obvious situation. ”

notes from Legasov

Looks like burnt concrete comrade. Put it down and get that fire out.

I'd make passive-aggressive comments like these too but I don't want to accidentally White Knight for a femanon

>His smile
Rest in pepperoni...

how much money would it take for you to put your dick in it anons

charred concrete

PEOPLE ARE GOING TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR POST user!

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 9.06.49 PM.png (732x834, 860K)

>tfw merely being in the same vicinity as these graphite blocks is a death sentence, let alone touching them
anybody got that feeling of existential doom, rewatching the first episode?

Attached: that spooky feel.png (633x772, 17K)

Did you watch it? It's that good. It's a genuine attempt at making something good and it shows.

Attached: 1558411672933.jpg (362x506, 106K)

I don't know why but when I first saw that naked miners scene, In The Navy popped into my head.

NOTHING; IT'S NOT THERE; YOU DIDN'T SEE IT;YOU DIDN'T!

There is a feeling that something so invisibly poisonous and powerful must be unnatural somehow

So, why didn't they include the 1st of May parade in Kiev scene? They filmed it, blocked several streets in Kiev, carefully selected the old model cars to be allowed into the area, gathered a huge crowd... just to drop it from the series?

Attached: pervomaj_006.jpg (900x591, 125K)

Can't be that bad. Dyatlov stared at it while it was red hot and lived.

Dyatlov survived a previous near fatal dose of a submarine nuclear reactor going haywire, dude's a fucking rad hard-counter

I didn't know they filmed it, seems like such a waste. Hopefully it will come up later as a flashback or something.

Attached: no.webm (1280x720, 1.26M)

do we have anymore s.t.a.l.k.e.r edits

Attached: 1558575252876.png (480x1533, 1.05M)

*COOOOOOUGH* *COUGH* *COUGH*
t-they just removed some of my guts *COUGH* *COUGH* h-how do they look?

Attached: 1558561282666.jpg (490x342, 185K)

I get that feeling with radiation once in a while, but then I also remember things like VX gas and various diseases.

Attached: 1558279217533.png (462x1052, 492K)

So between Chernobyl and Death of Stalin, are British and associated regional accents demonstrably the best option for English language stuff set in the USSR without using fake Slav accents?

Attached: JGqITks.png (160x160, 11K)

Why is Legasov so fucking negative all the time? He's always killing Boris' mood.

christ are those kidneys?

How safe is it to go to Chernobyl irl?

Would the radiation, even though it's minor, take a few years off your life?

Attached: ghost-town-pripyat-ukraine-1.jpg (1600x1067, 331K)

Mild contamination from the feedwater supply. You'll be fine, I've seen much worse.

Attached: scientist man.jpg (1280x720, 54K)

You'll be fine. I've seen worse.

Attached: you-didnt-see-two-jedi-because-they-werent-there.jpg (480x522, 61K)

Assuming basic precautions are taken it's pretty well safe. You lose much more of your potential life every year you live in a big city.

>Dyatlov stared at it while it was red hot and lived.
that's because Dyatlov was a Chad, every morning he would swim laps in the feed water

>That sheepish wave
Stellan might be the cutest 67-year-old bear of a man what ever lived.

Attached: hello.jpg (1920x1080, 169K)

>just begging for a "not good, but not terrible" post
If you stick to the tour and don't breath in or ingest some incredibly radioactive particle you'll be fine.

Basically don't pretend you're bionerd23.

I don't think you can get Polycystic kidney disease from radiation

didn't the Soviets try and push some gender equality memes for some time. I know Angela Merkel did some PhD in theoretical physics in the DDR

Chernoyl itself is a tourist attraction now. I'm *assuming* the radiation levels are low enough that you can hang out there and not get cancer. Just don't expect to go inside the sarcophagus. That place is still a death trap that will kill any living thing for the next 25,000 years.

look at the trees man. they're dead. that answer your question?

Unless you are breaking into the containment and hug Core-chan (and no one will allow you even remotely near), or excavate a ton of some old dust and eat it, it's safe. Radiation in Pripyat is negligible.

Attached: 15585516456880.jpg (2048x1152, 125K)

if that isn't a caviar and butter sandwich you can fuck off

Attached: butter and caviar WHEN.jpg (894x754, 74K)

The way he gleefully says
>STEROIDS! :D
In Thor makes it my favorite line in the entire MCU.

The sarcophagus is inside a giant airtight metal arc now. You can't get in there even if you're radiation proof.

I demand FF7 edits

Attached: Corel_reactor.png (480x336, 172K)

>its a show about the USSR
t. no cultural context of the period retard

Based Dyatlov

When are they planning on having the Sarcophagus deconstructed so they can start ripping everything else out?

Attached: chernobyl_inside.jpg (2167x1221, 158K)

Seeing him as a serial killer in Fincher's Dragon Tattoo made me laugh. His performance is convincing but it's so outside my idea of him that I found it amusing.

dis gonna be good.

Attached: rick.jpg (1920x1040, 519K)

Dyatlov is a case of mind over body power. He survived two nuclear disasters and he remained alive and well by sheer denial power.

>wonder idly while watching why they don't use robots to scout out the radiation and avoid exposure
>remember it's 1986

Attached: 1_JJOL4zCCYLww7W7-O2CnEQ.png (623x371, 38K)

He gave his son leukemia as well

Dude it's just propaganda that women mattered in USSR

Im the opposite i thought the first was good but second was amazing
I really do love stellan skarsgard

It's gonna be a few thousand years..

You're delusional. He did not survive two nuclear "disasters", he survived a couple of feed water incidents.

not great, not terrible

Attached: 1558476089798.jpg (1308x1198, 443K)

Biorobots are next episode user

Yes they did. That way they could claim they were more inclusive than the savage americans

Some countries did actually have robots, but the USSR didn't dare ask for help, lest they lose face in front of America.

The robots they used broke from the radiation. None of the bio-robots broke on duty though.

Radiation is legit fucking scary and it kills through ways that's just hard to fucking understand for us human beings. It's not like poison. It's not like disease. And the death that can occur, turning your fucking insides to soup, is one of the worst possible ways to die. Plus, there's the fact that it's a problem pretty much only made by Mankind. It's like a fucking curse except something supernatural would be easier to understand.

Attached: 1506413524246.jpg (633x758, 344K)

why is he so lovable?

Attached: roofman.webm (1280x638, 2.72M)

Just saw the repeat of Ep 3. That last scene was so heartbreaking

Attached: Miaumiau.jpg (1024x1024, 67K)

negative, they did import some foreign machines but had trouble getting signals and shit in to remote-control em iirc

>You are just delusional son

since week 1. it's just weird to see a niche show take over the pleb charts.

How many Emmys is this shit going to win lads?

What is there even to talk about in these threads? What the fuck is a general if you don't posit a topic of discussion?

Dumb zoomers.

Attached: 3.6R.jpg (480x336, 84K)

Yeah they sent a woman to space to prove how "progressive" they were

i want corechan to turn my insides to soup but not with radiation but by stomping on me

Attached: 1558117768106.jpg (1650x1552, 737K)

has the best lines of all the crew desu

Sitnikov's scenes are wagiecore

>supernatural
Before I even finished reading your post my mind jumped to the idea of the "walking ghost phase". I can't think of any better word to describe it than "supernatural". It's like the cruelest prank God could pull.

It's going to drown in fucking emmy's. Can't believe the cunt who wrote Scary Movie 4 is responsible for it.

That's not a picture of dyatlov

BENIS

I wasn't aware that many people were watching it. No one I know irl watches it let alone has heard of it

The only thing that would make me think it won't win a billion emmy's is that it's actually really good.

Sorry, I should have clarified - robots that would have functioned in anything resembling a helpful manner.

This man is delusional, take him down to medical Comrade Akimov.

It's been pretty universally well received among critics and the public. Having both serious critical cred and popular appeal is going to make it hard to beat. What is it even up against? Fucking GoT 8?

Based!

>tripfag still throwing weak bait around

Attached: 1558332811524.jpg (864x720, 126K)

This thing is like radiation. Spreading without being seen.

>What is it even up against? Fucking GoT 8?
Pic related.
Also, HAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: ive-seen-worse.webm (1280x640, 1.29M)

WHY ARE YOU REPLYING YOU DUMB FUCKING RETARDS

yeah realized that

>Scary Movie 4
That is one of his better movies.

Yeah. GoT reached maximum acclaim at the end of season... five. Season fucking five.

If you don't watch GoT, trust me when I say the writing in S5 was embarrassingly trashy.

It's already being deconstructed. The arc was automated for that reason.

Why did they copy this scene for the scene with the minors?

Attached: rogue one.jpg (2542x1052, 100K)

Chernobyl: A Star Wars Story

they just finished a new shell no? I think thats permanent senpai

>that soviet general who takes it upon himself to drive the radiation dosimeter close to the plant

Attached: stop caring, be based and redpilled.jpg (639x1051, 159K)

How are they not livestreaming the deconstruction

Nice russian touches throughout, don't know I'm not russian but the KGB guy saying 'can you imagine?' that's said by a character a lot in Crime and Punishment Dostoyevsky. And the painting at the end of the government hall was Ivan the terrible, an insane tsar murdering his son.

At least there they have enough firepower to fuck them up.

I think they got a remote controlled bulldozer working eventually

100 year lifespan according to the builders. And they built giant robotic cranes inside to disassemble the Sarcophagus.

That picture he posted is the old sarcophagus inside of the new shell. They built it to disassemble the old sarcophagus because it was about to collapse and spray reactor core dust everywhere again.

What a fucking chad

It's probably going to win most of the writing/directing/drama/miniseries and nonfiction awards. As well as a good portion of the creative awards for the makeup, costumes and prosthetic work.

Ramin Djawadi really went above and beyond with his GoT soundtrack so idk about that category.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (1920x1080, 871K)

A 400 ruble per month stipend

lol nigger got shooed away from the other thread so they fled to here
post pics of your gash tranny

Attached: 2cool4u.jpg (1094x758, 145K)

Took me a while, but it was worth it.

Attached: Ricardo-Milos-Chern4.gif (480x270, 3.38M)

The New Safe Confinement is the steel shell that was moved into place a couple years ago. Supposedly it was completed in December last year. The sarcophagus is the inner concrete barrier surrounding the reactor fuel.

Survived by the sheer placebo of his denial

Well done, comrade.

>Plus, there's the fact that it's a problem pretty much only made by Mankind.
Radiation is very natural, user. The Sun and space in general is bombarding us with tons of electromagnetic radiation; the only reason why we aren't full of incurable cancer is the ozone layer in the atmosphere (which we're hellbent on destroying). Nuclear fission is also the main source of the heat inside Earth's core.

3.6/3.6

Do this scene too, if you'd like.

Attached: 1557734388156.jpg (849x846, 230K)

based and sunburnpilled and saved

Attached: table slapping intensifies.gif (420x420, 188K)

unabashedly based comrade

Attached: YOU DIDENT.png (900x676, 410K)

That's the roof in episode one? I can do it, but in order to make a gif I need small bits of scenes, and that scene seems too slow moving.

great but next time deliver a caviar and butter sandwich or you can fuck off

The leader of the miners is an absolute Chad

I know that's the case, but it's only become so deadly because of the way we've utilized it. You're not going to have your insides liquified by the radiation of the sun anytime soon. The Sun's radiation can't poison water, or eviscerate the skin. It doesn't create a foot kills people within minutes of being around it.

For fucks sake, can they stop having women know things in these shows?

Attached: ugh.png (1920x1080, 1.32M)

The Virgin Minister of Coal Industries vs The Chad Miner Crew Chief

this scene unironically made me think, gee glad i'm not eating hotpockets while eating this scene, then made me hungry for hotpockets because i was thinking about them, so i went down to 7/11 and grabbed a box desu

Not bad at all.

Attached: 1270157902768.jpg (351x440, 44K)

Not with a micropeen.

Obviously a grower not a shower

Attached: H7afKCD.png (1280x720, 940K)

Was your intention to also make me want hot pockets? Because that's what you've done, user.

Grab the nearest palm fron and get to work xD

Based Letho voice actor guy

Attached: 0a094c3f87b2b616fa99d1b973c7b9e4-700.jpg (1244x700, 75K)

Based

there were a good number of women doctors and scientists in the soviet union retard

im about to walk to the 7/11 to grab another box, because now i started thinking about them again

hope we get to see more ARS burn victims in the next episode

With what he's showing there's not much he's growing into.

Gods I could go for some hotpockets right about now

He was the angry Dad who kills his pregnant daughter in Apostle as well. Man is making some fine kino.

None that really mattered in the response to Chernobyl. Plus that girl is a nurse giving shit to a doctor.

I wonder how many of these posts are made by women. I'm all for equality and whatever but it's unbecoming for men to be so vocal about the issue. I know there are femanons here. Show yourselves, damn you.

thats actually significant

Attached: 8-P.png (1840x1222, 2.4M)

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8

Attached: 1558452976771.jpg (981x762, 319K)

For once, a tripfag did something good.

I think all the ones that died are already in the coffins.
Next time we have mass pet shooting coming up, what food fits that feel?

Ep. 1 : Kino
Ep. 2 : Ok but the ending is fucking terrific
Ep. 3 : Im currently watching

Attached: 1537811538522.jpg (328x350, 23K)

We can get pizza after you finish comrade

oh yeah true. that was a real good scene. for mass pet shooting, i will probably order chicken wings from my local pizza place. there is also a fancy schezhuan chinese place around the corner that has items on the menu which incorporate rabbit, so i will probably get some of that too desu

Documentary where they find the firemen's clothing still in the hospital basement

youtube.com/watch?v=HC2BjlKbQ6I

wrong
correct

>unbecoming

Fuck your white knight chivalry.

are you going to cry about women having careers in every one of these threads

did you know that most women do?

Eat some lasagna for a optimal viewing experience

veritasium is such a faggot

Women are only a hole for men

or hotpockets

But I'm saying men shouldn't be white knights... augh fuck it, who cares anyway.

Stay at home watching tv while their kid tears up the house, then complain when the man gets home that they're so tired?

There's some grill that loves Chernobyl and has a YouTube channel of endless exploration videos. There was also one where she goes down to the clothing in the basement too and sifts through some of it.

what does the RBMK even stand for?

What scenes are you disappointed weren't included?
>pre-explosion events (maybe included later as a flashback)
>fire chief showing up drunk but surviving
>fighting the fire on the roof and the temporary blindness from the high radiation
>the first camera crew taking footage of the open reactor from a helicopter
>the green and blue jets of flame from the nights following the explosion
>decisions to keep the other reactors running
>burial of the first death in a local cemetery
>the towns architect helping plan the evacuation of Pripyat
>smoke from the fire congealing on the windows of the helicopters
>where the helicopters land overnight having the grass underneath them die from the radiation
>Swedish reactor scene where they are setting off radiation alarms and panicking trying to find where it is coming from
>driving the bus the patients took to Hospital 6 into a pit and burying it
>weather seeding to stop the radiation cloud from reaching Moscow, and the subsequent black rain falling in Belarus
>May Day parade in Kiev
>Liquidators looting in Pripyat
What else did they miss?

I'm sorry you know so many shitty people, comrade. Or I'm sorry that you only know like one or two women.

Peaктop Бoльшoй Moщнocти Кaнaльный Reaktor Bolshoy Moshchnosti Kanalnyy, “High Power Channel-type Reactor"

Reaktor Bolshoy Moshchnosti Kanalnyy

Attached: rad_pepe.png (1162x678, 559K)

Attached: pizzahut.gif (500x277, 692K)

>that will be 300 caps smoothskin

Damn, Vasily looks like THAT?

Ignatenko approves

where was putin during all this?

these would have been peak kino to include, although this series already has a lot of interesting events that aren't often mentioned

>burial of the first death in a local cemetery
>where the helicopters land overnight having the grass underneath them die from the radiation
>May Day parade in Kiev
Pure kino if they had these scenes.

>Liquidators looting in Pripyat
They're trying not to show any of these people in a negative light so we won't see that.

Attached: 1558127695981.gif (128x128, 8K)

DIARRHEA POCKEETTTTSSS

a kgb officer

KGB

Is this character based on a real human being and if so did this human being kiss her radioactive husband? If so did she die?

He was spying in Dresden undercover as a translator.

Holy fuck

Yes she's real, she probably kissed her husband, and she didn't die but I'm sure she wishes she had.

Following innocent people around

Her baby died soo...

Same user..

Maigod, the miners are fucking based

>>fire chief showing up drunk but surviving
honestly would have added to the surreal-ness and ridiculousness of the Soviet mood
>>fighting the fire on the roof and the temporary blindness from the high radiation
I wish they added this, on top of stories of tasting metal, I think it would've added that much more terror
>>Swedish reactor scene where they are setting off radiation alarms and panicking trying to find where it is coming from
Their astonishment would've been nice to see
>>where the helicopters land overnight having the grass underneath them die from the radiation
mfw

Attached: that fucking feel when.gif (200x150, 2.75M)

Yes, Lyudmila Ignatenko and she touched her husband which killed their baby. She's still alive living in poverty with her disabled son and grandfather iirc

the good thing about being a woman is if you're pregnant you just give all the radiation to your baby and IT dies instead of you!

Attached: but.png (856x890, 950K)

Love it when the chief says someone like "if they worked, you'd be wearing them."

This makes me hope HBO will allow for a Season 2, the same timeframe but different POVs from regular folks. Maybe a nurse, a plant worker's family, KGB agent etc So we can see all the stuff they had to cut away.

I hadn't heard about how she was living today. I'll have to find out if she's in poverty, her life doesn't deserve such a shit ending.

She was more recently educated than the boomer pregnancy doctor, it would make sense he had little knowledge of radiation poisoning since he would have completed his doctorate before world war 2 or he just forgot

>*radioactive BRAAPP*

Attached: 1543178071936.jpg (359x305, 51K)

Seeing the Swedes panic would've been a nice touch. Really would've portrayed how neck deep up shit creek they all were

youtube.com/watch?v=1zNr8Pf1QkY

POST YFW THE FLASHLIGHTS STARTED TO FLICKER AND DIE

Attached: 1540961579738.png (565x462, 357K)

Fuck off with your overrated garbage

Wow what a hero. Did he come up with that opinion all by himself?

he's an icon

I'm here too buddy

Attached: IMG_20190523_010807_170.jpg (1564x1564, 298K)

>you just give all the radiation to your baby and IT dies instead of you!
Does that really happen? Thats really interesting if its true.

thought it was a little "ahaha look at the shitty soviet equipment!" personally

why did they start working again in the next episode?

Attached: 1557571963122.jpg (910x1024, 66K)

Are you the murderer

they were wind-ups

Attached: 1558564222118.jpg (600x766, 137K)

I think they swapped from their flashlights to those little crank-powered dynamo things. In the episode podcast the director says that once the lights failed they actually finished their job and got back out in complete dark, but he felt he'd rather have some light to film with.

Different ones

t. coolest kid on gamefaqs circa 2002

an icon too stupid to realize being a celebrity doesn't give you razor-sharp political insight

Are you in a Chernobyl thread and haven't watched True Detective?

so you have to follow the podcast to make sense of it? BRAVO

>We're still wearing the fucking hats
>Me irl right now

Attached: 1539758858730.jpg (540x720, 82K)

>>decisions to keep the other reactors running
Wait a minute you're telling me they kept the other reactors running in Chernobyl? I thought it was the other reactors elsewhere in Soviet territory, holy mother of christ

Attached: is this mortal serious.png (384x421, 216K)

If you weren't a basement dwelling NEET you'd know what a hand powered flashlight is

You seriously had a hard time following that part? Yikes.

victory

Doesn't look like anything to me

They might have shut down reactor 3 because it was in the same building as the one that exploded but 1 and 2 were running for way longer than they should have

Attached: iwcat2.jpg (750x903, 72K)

Attached: 0x000000.jpg (2048x1536, 81K)

Reactor 3 only shutdown in 2000. Slavs are fucking MAD.

I barely know anything about flashlights but I could tell exactly what they were doing. Pay closer attention.

If you're too stupid to understand why crank flashlights survive where battery-powered don't, yes.

Not, it's just Lyudmila's rationalisation/survivor guilt.

In English Doc

Honestly, the chances of anybody removing roofguy in the background are slim to none.

Attached: Chernobyl (2019) S01 Episode 01 12345 Scene Go to the vent block roof_1.webm (1280x720, 250K)

A SOVIET MACHINE DESIGNED TO CUT AN APPLE INTO FOUR PIECES

AHAHA

nice

They kept them running for years because of power demands, which actually worsened when the USSR folded. The final reactor on site didn't get turned off until the 2000s.

There's also some towns that got abandoned as a result of the Soviet Union falling. One day the power turned off since Russia wasn't sending them power anymore and everyone just left.

h-h-he-h-he's fast

It's still an operating power plant to this day.

look, all im saying is they didnt bother to show the swap or that the guys went out and and back in but yet they felt the need to clarify it in podcast.

thats just sloppy

Nice

Attached: 1558462241859.jpg (943x943, 456K)

good work comrade

But leaving the reactors running had nothing to do with the fall of the USSR? So they got away with it?

nah you're just a brainlet

>mfw I have that body type

Attached: 1507520855340.jpg (250x250, 14K)

so what the fuck happened if they pushed the emergency stop button and that blew the core up? shitty russian engineering?

I regret leaving this at 720p, pretend I posted this one instead.

Attached: Chernobyl (2019) S01 Episode 01 12345 Scene Go to the vent block roof_2.webm (640x360, 149K)

not with such complex smoke effects. if it was a static background it would be a cakewalk

as long as dyatlov isn't there to do safety tests on the remaining cores

"Spying". He was so mediocre and incompetent his KGB colleagues were calling him "the moth" and liked to send him to bring them beer instead.

anything less than 720p is literally unwatchable

Can you crop a different shot to make it look like Ricardo is looking at the smoke

Post yfw you hear Dyatlov is being brought in to run the test at your new reactor.

Attached: 024297_26.jpg (320x240, 8K)

>So they got away with it?
What do you mean?

The thing is, power demands are always high and to suddenly lose 4 reactors would've been catastrophic. It kept running until the 2000s when they finally had more plants to produce power and could finally shutdown the old reactors.

make a new pedo thread

Attached: 1558099981525.jpg (1440x952, 371K)

Attached: 1557730464068.jpg (953x800, 179K)

Did he commit suicide or was he murdered by KGB?

Attached: jaredharrisfeat-770x433.jpg (770x433, 43K)

Attached: 1558153075126.gif (500x200, 662K)

Yes, The Moth.
And now he's in charge.
*sips*

He had a gun and chose to hang himself so it probably wasn't KGB

Attached: 1557939309672.png (832x919, 548K)

From what I can tell, the control rods were removed as part of the test which inadvertently led to a power surge. When the button was pushed, the core went kaput.

He killed himself in this one, but was murdered by the KGB in Mad Men

Yes.

mr hickeylov will be punished as a comrad

You look cold.

Attached: joi.jpg (825x464, 68K)

those two guys were the definition of sleaze

call the fire brigade

Pretty much. The RBMK reactor was "unique" in that initiating the emergency shutdown procedure would actually cause a sharp spike in reactivity, creating a feedback loop and an eventual explosion. The designers and some of the party apparatchiks knew it, but it was never put in writing and the Chernobyl staff had no idea because everything was classified.

Ep. 3 : Miners = The only true patrician heroes in rusia, dear comrade....The ending is fucking depresing, i almost cry

Attached: 1553221217238.jpg (799x597, 240K)

create new thread you pedos

yes

Attached: suicides men.png (1184x1397, 273K)

Call the fire brigade, Bash!

where they still trying to deny his claim, while he's literally dying in front of them?

Attached: goddamn it.gif (223x200, 1.47M)

get off your molesting asses and procure me a new thead.

They don't want to believe they just made all of ukraine and belarus uninhabitable for hundreds of years.

Attached: 1534823149731.jpg (431x322, 28K)

shit

Very good comrade, carry on.

twist: Draper was actually KGB

ur gonna stay safe?

Attached: 1547476623402.jpg (422x750, 89K)

Like, there were obvious dangers involved in leaving them running. The US would have shut them down. But the USSR kept them running and suffered no consequences for it. Right...?

evacuate now

Attached: bottoms up.jpg (1482x958, 67K)

Btw.. I finished the preview of episode 4... It seems kino, Thoughs? What day does it premiere?

Attached: 1546594972792.png (662x587, 313K)

Attached: 1556251597470.jpg (529x794, 49K)

Attached: 23.png (642x507, 13K)

It's not explained by high levels of lead and other heavy metals in the air can produce a taste.
Also people who are treated with radioactive chemo also report tasting metal.
I would assume it has something to do with the brain and how it reacts to certain types of radiation, or even how the tastebuds do.
I'm not certain enough information or research is available on the topic.

I can't remember the last time I watched a series as good as this one.

Monday night

Attached: 66666.png (658x662, 62K)

True Detective S1?

Nobody say "The Terror". They're not even comparable.

shit, i wanted to start The Terror, is it good?

Attached: thanks.png (1280x720, 1.15M)

>Anonymous 05/23/19(Thu)01:42:02 No.115392821▶
>
>True Detective S1?
>Nobody say "The Terror". They're not even comparable.
the humanoid bear monster really brings it down a bunch of notches

don't bother. it's jj

new thread

now you both have to fight to the death

yikes

Manbearpig?

Im surprised they havent made reference to the Ferris Wheel in Pripyat that never got used because the amusement park was set to open a couple days after the explosion...everything Ive ever seen about Chernobyl is obsessed with rhat thing

you can see it right at the end of the evacuation scene

>it's not one new thread comrade
>it's 15,000

fuck yeah

Did you not notice the whirling noises?

>deep frying your DNA
>dick first

Hell the fuck no, even if you gave me all the money in the world i’d Be dead before Christmas.

Thing is, diseases, even vex gas, you can cure that, you can keep it out

Vex gas is stopped with a hazmat suit, it dilutes in the air to harmlessness quite fast

Radiation does not, it infects things, it comes after you through concrete and steel and it will keep on keeping on no matter what you do. You can grab a vial of box gas, or polio strains and smash it in you kids living room, leave it for a week or so with the windows open and you can use it like nothing ever happened, you put a hunk of radioactive material there and it will not be safe even by the time your kid’s grandchildren have grandchildren, if that doesn’t make you feel at least a little weird I don’t know what will