Is Yamcha /Our Guy/?

He's a single, middle aged man who lives alone in a shitty rundown apartment with his cat. Supplemental material mentions that he regained his fear of women, and this even cost him his job as a security guard at a nightclub. He found work as a freelance bodyguard. We can give him the benefit of the doubt it's a suitable job for him because he is actually still very strong by human standards, but freelance isn't a consistent thing.

He does have friends, the main cast. However, he's probably not very close to them anymore. Most of them either got married, drifted away, or have nothing in common with him anymore. So he probably does spend most of his time alone either at home or working. The few times he does get invited, he has to watch the love of his life being happily married to the man who was indirectly responsible for his death. Not only that, but Bulma has TWO children with Vegeta. Everyone else either talks about the last bad guy who threatened Earth or family matters. It's never shown, but knowing all this, we can assume he often feels left out. What can he talk about? Relationships? Everyone's been married for at least a decade. Fighting? Everyone's arguably stronger than him. Life? Everyone's stable, except him. And because he has nothing to contribute, he always ends up saying something stupid that upsets everyone. He's not doing this to be an asshole. He's just been so disconnected with everyone, and wants to fit in, that he might has some social anxiety.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kanzenshuu.com/translations/mando-kobayashi-akira-toriyama-qa/
dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/Maron
youtu.be/mP5gI7zAEGg?t=138
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

is DBS any good?

He had sex so no.

If you think about it, he probably related to Krillin and Tien the most. He probably felt comfortable with Krillin knowing both of them were hopelessly single and outclassed by the Saiyans. In fact, Yamcha on the exterior was more capable of finding love; he's good looking, has a proportionately well built body, and is still leagues above most Earthlings in strength. Krillin is a dwarf with no nose and is a textbook "virgin". But eventually even Krillin found love in his life, a hot blonde cyborg taller than him no less. He also got a very good job as a police officer, and lives at his own house with a family. Tien is a recluse, and it's been stated in supplemental material that he settled with Launch as well as running his own dojo.

Being invited to the baseball game was literally the best day of his life in decades. Even then, he was the butt of jokes, and won on a technicality. He had his 15 minutes of fame, but following that, he was already forgotten. Then that whole being forgotten for the ToP. He wasn't even invited to spectate. Yamcha wasn't even upset. He finally reached the point that this is how it is for the remainder of his life. Single. No stable job. Lives in a shithole apartment. Not even valued as a fighter. He's a perfect reflection on real people who lost their glory days and lives a mediocre life.

Attached: yamcha-waiting.jpg (600x300, 59K)

I'm more like Broly tbqhwy

>afraid of women
i doubt that

Attached: 1550607782027.png (245x170, 50K)

>kanzenshuu.com/translations/mando-kobayashi-akira-toriyama-qa/
>Toriyama: He’s even worked in a host club, but because of his nervousness, it didn’t go well and he was fired

Meh, better than GT at least.

Can't prove it

god toriyama hates this guy

Why? Did a Yamcha bully him in high school?

why did Z ruin everything?

Attached: Dragon.Ball.Recut.E80.Piccolo.Daimao.and.the.Super.Giant.Technique.mkv_snapshot_22.48_[2018.03.24_21 (656x480, 233K)

He was my favorite character from DB, I really hate how all the old characters got swept under the rug in Z.

Attached: tip i am so fucking mad.png (780x216, 170K)

Z would have been ok if they didn't introduce power levels or Super Saiyans

>Z would have been ok if they didn't do literally the entire thing the show is about

He took Bulma's virginity (probably), our guy.

>the entire show is about scouters and spiky hair transformations

Attached: horrorwontend.jpg (626x354, 20K)

I was always hoping they'd throw Yamcha, Tien, and Krillin into the Hyperbolic Time Chamber to catch up to the power levels of the saiyans, because the show became very tiresome when it was just Goku, Gohan, Trunks, and Vegeta as the only 4 capable of defeating the antagonist(s). It sucks it became Saiyan Ball Z.

>implying bulma was still a virgin by the first episode

She didn't know anything about penises

Yeah, he got to tap prime Bulma.

well, I mean. thats kind of what z was all about.

I'd be happy if they just got a couple decent fights again.

Hell, just let the humans beat up on some minions while Goku and Vegeta handle the main villain.

At least Puar is a truly great friend.

which one though?

Attached: bulmas.jpg (1916x2658, 626K)

It has its moments, but is pretty lame compared to Z.

Wasn’t it though?

Teen, of course.

That scene in DB when Goku us training with Kami and Roshi shits on Krillin, Yamcha and Tien for being weak and not taking their training seriously.

This. To be honest any of Bulma's long-hair looks are great until she hits 30/wall (post-Namek). Then her looks really go down the drain quickly, also weird coincidence is that's when she hooks up with Vegeta and becomes a mom.

Honestly it's quite criminal how the side characters were cast off over the course of the series.

Why the fuck is this thread here?????

DBZ has had over 15 movies.
A better question:
Why the fuck are Simpsons threads on here???????????

dragon ball aired on television

Gohan, too, to some extent, but "muh Goku" i guess

Yamcha saved the day in the baseball episode of super. not everybody needs to live the same life.

Yes that's right. Dragon Ball is the only good thing in the franchise

Well, yes. It was trash.

sorry, but could a virgin do this? i don't think so

Attached: bulma-pocket.gif (426x317, 2.97M)

I know that DB is supposed to be a take on the whole journey west thing, but after they clearly moved on past that I'm surprised that Bulma didn't just make Goku hers.

If Chi Chi could get away with tricking him into bed it would have been no problem for her. Guess she just saw him as too much as a little brother by that point. Still, I think it's cool how they kept a relationship.

Believe it or not, there are certain plot points and characters that he straight up forgot about. Most infamously, Lunch herself.

Attached: bulma.gif (320x236, 1.71M)

>Lunch
who?

also, what was the name of Krillin's girlfriend before 18 showed up? she was hanging out with them on Roshi's Island some. whatever happnend to her?

Maron
dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/Maron
>While continuing to wait for Krillin to return, she gets bored and leaves with a group of other admirers, and is not seen again for the remainder of the series.

he's got Puer, and we saw in DBS that Puer can transform into a hot girl.

Yamucha probably doesn't talk about it much.

"dude, you're fucking your CAT?"

"IT'S A MAGICAL CAT!"

"keep away from me."

Attached: wat_Yamucha.jpg (995x714, 130K)

>forgetting about the best bulma
whoever made this pic is a filthy philistine

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 19K)

milf bulma is best bulma

for obvious reasons.

Attached: Bulma_Summoning.jpg (813x506, 117K)

Thicc

I liked 16 yo Bulma.

>Maron is name of Krillin ex girl friend filler shit
>Tori find it funny using that name for Krillin's child
HE CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS

DB is so much better than DBZ

damn Toriyama really understands women

are you forgetting that it was yamcha who cheated on bulma first

I have seen this gif one million times, but this is the first time it shocks me this much

>Is Yamcha our guy.
Cocky, womanizer, thought he was stronger then what he really was multiple times and paid the price, with having his leg broken, then killed. Thought he was hot shit until Freeza showed up and he pissed his pants, thought he was hot shit until he saw how hard Vegeta was training.

Tons of potential, all gone to waste because he would rather chase the most obnoxious woman on Earth then deal with the reality he was a second rate fighter.

>Introduce power levels.
From the very start, power levels was a thing, stop watching the shitty American dubbing.

I dont blame Toryiama for not giving a fuck anymore and just making it Saiyan Ball Z, Freeza saga took a lot of creative effort to keep everybody in the game fighting him until the end and it was under appreciated in the end for "muh androids"

Namek saga was peek kino from story to animation to the fights, everybody played a part in the end.

Buu is utter shit.

It's pretty whatever. I'd recommend it if you're a fan just for the sake of it but it's so fucking long I have my reservations. Certainly doesn't feel as rewarding as the original shows
GT was bad but at least it was short too

very NOT good, all the characters are flanderized

80% of it is worse than GT.
Broly movie and goku black story are kino

Fuck new Bulma she looks uncanny valley as fuck

it's a Yea Forums show you faggot, unlike the thousands twitter threads that keeps turning this board into shit

Everyone did but the animation director changed for the Broly movie and it looked a lot more SOULful

they did this in super. even roshi

Even Roshi, but not Yamcha. At least he got the baseball episode I guess.

youtu.be/mP5gI7zAEGg?t=138

You'd be retarded to think these two didnt fuck ONCE the entire time they were together. Vegeta got his sloppy-seconds just face it

Yes except for the fact that he's a world class martial artist who could walk in and win the World Martial Arts Tournament at any time, as long as no saiyans are in it (they generally are not) AND a famous baseball MVP, making him rich as fuck.
All those facts point to him getting mad pussy constantly and at all times.
Yamcha being a loser is a meme.

I thought Yamcha was a top Baseball player? Why is he living like a bum? I'd ignore the baseball as filler if they didn't bring it back in super

>it's over 9000!
>freeza's over a million!
>that scouter can't be accurate!
>"i'm gonna train until i get bigger numbers, even if i use the same techniques" - t. everyone (paraphrased)

>kaoi ken
>super saiyan
>super saiyan 2
>super saiyan 3
>super saiyan 4 (if GT)
>saiyan god (red)
>super saiyan god (blue)
>super saiyan god 2 (blue, vegeta's thing)
>ultra instinct
>gohan's awakened form, notable for being the only transformation that doesn't affect the hair

it kind of is about the hair and power levels.