Now that the dust has settled, was it kino?

now that the dust has settled, was it kino?

Attached: Game-Of-Thrones.jpg (628x399, 222K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sS8tZBU3oaM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes. Cry babies will say its bad becuase they didnt get a hollywood ending.

For the most part

youtube.com/watch?v=sS8tZBU3oaM

Attached: 1412531001807.png (246x304, 122K)

top 20 ever prob

It was in the past, yes.

Season 1-4 where kino
Season 5-8 was flicks

s1-4 are kinotainment
s5-8 are buttmadtainment

Plot points were pretty good, since I guess those came from RR, but the dialogue to get from A to B wasn't there since DD aren't as good as RR

It’s not even a Hollywood ending. They fucked it up the moment they introduced the night king. The night’s watch should only be about the wildling barbarians. Instead they fucking humanize the wildlings and made the night king threat null, now what’s the point of night’s watch? The whole show should just be kino medieval house of cards(politics). Kelly C’s dragons shouldn’t even be that strong, they should just make them strong enough to fear but not strong enough that they become a WMD. Besides, they should even have actual fucking countermeasures from the start because it’s not the first time Westeros has dealt with dragons. Instead it just turns into Kelly C having a lvl 100 mount destroying lvl 2 footsoldiers half the time. No one wants to see a fight that could easily be won, if I want that I’ll watch capeshit.

Attached: C294E148-118E-4AB5-86E6-6BAB123A9CBB.jpg (249x243, 12K)

>Guy it subverted expectations (It didn’t actually) so therefore it’s good you man baby

Let me guess, you think TLJ is a masterpiece?

Attached: 23A64F27-DE9E-4988-AA58-F74E922E32FD.jpg (417x417, 140K)

1 - 4
> kino
5 - 7
> slowly and gradually lost quality
> garbage

What does TLJ even stand for?

The last (gag) jedi

autism

Just this part

Attached: images (9).jpg (275x183, 4K)

Attached: oh you.jpg (400x400, 14K)

I called Jon/Dany in season 4 and I was begging for Dany to go bad. But the way she went bad? The whole fucking thing was absolutely abysmal.

>they didnt get a hollywood ending
Yes we did. We got a capeshit ending. Capeshit is the epitome of Hollywood.

Attached: 2h2aopnif4y21.jpg (720x607, 30K)

jesus christ this is an awful take. The show's ending sucks but you're just complaining about completely irrelevant shit.

1-4 good although makes stupid changes to books
5, 6 what the fuck is this shit
7, 8 impossibly bad

Nah, you’re just a brainlet.

Nah, it’s just a dead end show. Plot lines that lead nowhere just make the series utterly pointless trash.

There was a lot of padding, tv tropes, and petty subplots...

But it was very different, not anothet crime drama but not quite lord of them rangs.

The ending was rushed but safe.

In terms of production scale yes? But really? Meh. It's a behemoth of a series that a small subset of the population will fap over.

FPBP

The salt will last forever

Even when the writing wasn't good, the actors gave it their all, the spectacles were good, and the meme's were top-tier, making it still entertaining. So it was still kino in the end. All the faggots complaining non-stop still watched it till the end and spent hours of their pathetic lives discussing it.

Attached: george rr martin with a gun.jpg (652x429, 54K)

>everybody loves Ned's death
>everybody loves the Red Wedding
>everybody loves Oberyn vs The Mountain
>you guys just didn't like it because it wasn't hollywood
how do you be this much of a brainlet?

Attached: ice_bear_attack.png (688x640, 879K)

so much this

what was his tax policy?

Attached: 20-bran-got.w700.h700.jpg (700x700, 141K)

GRRM after talking so much shit about LoTR never even talked about taxes at all

Everything after Ned's death was shit-tier.

First season is absolute kino. Some moments that still give me the chills. The scene where Bran and Osha go down into the crypt and then he finds out his father died is great.

Cracks begin to appear in S2 but it's still mostly good until around Joffrey's wedding. Things go completely tits up with Dorne and the series hits its universally agreed upon low point.

Things got a little better in S6 and S7 but S8 was a rush job that barely got anything right and the finale was one of the worst for a tv show with this level of budget and popularity that I've seen.

S7 was uniornically worse than S8 tbqh.

It all kind of runs together in my mind after they ran out of book material to be honest.

In whole no but it had 10/10 parts

Overall, yes. Season 8 was rushed. I have no doubts that corporate came down on DnD and made some """suggestions""" as to things they'd like to see at the end.

Nah mate you just have shit taste. GoT has been poorly written since season 2. The story beats of the books saved it for a while but D&D's incompetence inevitably came out. They are such lazy entitled cocksuckers they even rushed the final product.

Season 1 is kino
Seasons 2-4 are flicks.
Seasons 5-8 is schlock.

But we did. More than that, we got a Disney Happy Ending. The bad guy dies, all the good guys are happy with their new perfect almost-democracy.

It was just a shitty Happy Disney Hollywood Ending.

the irony in this pure shitpost

No, it was horseshit
Biggest disappointment in cinematic history.

What?
All the Stark's got happy endings, the last scene in Kings landing (what is supposed to be a burned city) is a "oh so random funny" joke.
It was a guardians of the galaxy ending.

Yeah there's a meme that shows the ratings when they killed audience favorite like Catelyn and Robb, Oberyn, Ned the reviews were 98%. Meanwhile the last few episodes were 48% or some shit. The "ending wasn't happy meme" makes no sense, especially since it was a happy ending. It was just rushed, boring, and bad.

Season 1 made very little changes.
Seasons 2-4 started radically changing characters and events. Apologists for the show always said D&D did this to simplify things for normies, but the truth was they are lazy and incompetent. They started sniffing their own farts and actually thought they were on par with GRRM as writers.

The rest is inconsistent garbage. Even the decent actions scenes (loot train robbery in season 7) are lessened because of the blatant plot armour.

People who defend the show post-season 1 do not know what good writing is. They are doomed to be mediocre the rest of their lives. Sad but true.

If you rape someone and and he's pleased enough with the performance to watch the vision regularly, you're exempt from paying taxes for life.

Attached: bran's revenge.png (1868x264, 84K)

yep. every single season is less faithful and worse than the last

and asoiaf isnt even good

I suppose, in the end, it really was a game of thrones.

I don't know, the loot train attack was much better than anything in season 8, and there were still some decent dialogue scenes in s7. The entire plot point of them going beyond the wall to capture one wight, and Dany losing a dragon for it was beyond fucking retarded though and probably worse than anything in s8. I remember being so frustrated that normies didn't seem to have any issue with that, and then season 8 comes along and they're nitpicking every little thing.

What did they change in season 2 apart from the character of Robb's love interest?

>Qarth storyline gutted and destroyed
>Gutted the Stannis-Renly conversation
>Debased Stannis' character (creators admitted they hated him and liked Renly)
>You already mentioned Talisa
>No Roose/Arya scenes, replaced with grandpa Tywin
>No Garlan Tyrell
>No Reek/Ramsay conspiracy at Winterfell
>Ruined Asha's character and replaced with Yara, a brash, duplicitous cunt with no political guile
>Jaime kinslaying
I'm probably missing a bunch but those are the most glaring examples.