Why is prequel Obi-Wan more iconic even though the movies he was in sucked

Why is prequel Obi-Wan more iconic even though the movies he was in sucked

Attached: 20DA1D0D-F986-456F-825A-9140C6F3A1E8.jpg (810x455, 41K)

RoTS novelization Obi-Wan > Movie

Because he was cast perfectly and Ewan played him perfectly.

>the movies he was in sucked
pleb

Pleb taste, but to answer your question it's because Ewan played the role perfectly and had much more screen time than Alec Guinness did

God I miss Ewan. Please come back.

>prequels good!
Enough with this redditry, only III is good

because he has the high ground

a fellow man of taste i see

Attached: 1545538782657s.jpg (16x16, 725)

I must be getting old if young Obi-Wan is more iconic now

Phantom Menace was 20 years ago user.

reddit idiot. only iii was bad, imbecile.

GET

>the prequels sucked
this isn't your opinion, pleb

This. The casting, I would say, has been the main failure of the recent sequels. Aside from Adam Driver (and with the exception of Rogue One) the casting has been absolute dog shit in Disney Wars, both in terms of character accuracy and acting ability. The casting failures and the ham fisted writing have combined to produce mediocre, forgettable films that blend in with the swamp of other CGI drivel.

you got it wrong, user. trashing the prequels is pure redditry. you probably still think the plinkett reviews were good or ever funny.

Because Ewan was perfectly cast, loved the role, and had fun with the role. It's pretty easy to find him talking about making the lightsaber noises during his fight scenes and having to be repeatedly told to stop because they would just add the sounds themselves.

The sequel actors are there for paychecks or to make sure their characters finally die. There is no passion.

What if I like the prequels and still think the Plinkett reviews are funny?

I thought Solo had decent casting outside of the obvious Nepotism choice in the lead.

>with the exception of Rogue One
A bunch of interchangeable brown guys and another bland British woman is good casting?

But you didn't watch Solo. George was going to bring him back and direct the Obi-Wan movie, but fags didn't watch Solo so Disney cancelled it. George was even scouting locations, and Solo ended with the Darth Maul reveal for a reason.

Attached: solo george returns.png (1566x1194, 570K)

>exception of Rogue mumbling
Can’t even understand wtf they are saying half the time. Adam Driver also doesn’t really look like the kid of Han and Leia.

You don't know me nigga I saw Solo opening day and liked it.

Article about George scouting locations for Obi-Wan.

Attached: Obi-Wan.png (684x620, 67K)

I'm not particularly interested in a Lucas directed side movie at this point. He should have directed the sequel trilogy to prevent the destruction of the franchise in the first place.

cringereddit

Fuck you, the novelization is great

But he doesn't care about the sequel trilogy, he has the expanded universe already, and said fans would bitch if he made the sequels he envisioned so he never did. George just wanted to tell more adventures with the characters he created.

>Darth Maul reveal for a reason.
>Using the prequels as nostalgia bait
The absolute state of Star Wars.

And the movie being cancelled, because people boycotted and didn't watch Solo over TLJ, instead of boycotting and not watching TLJ in the first place, punishing the wrong movie.

Attached: obi-wan movie cancelled.png (616x320, 43K)

i was agreeing with you spergo

>The absolute state of Star Wars.
But that was all George. George came up with all that stuff and was involved in Solo before Disney even bought up the rights. Many of the ideas he came up with during the prequels, including L3.

Attached: george L3.png (768x1024, 1.22M)

Prequels didnt suck overall. And its because Ewan was utilized overall more than Alec in his 3 movies. If anything Obi Wan is the true hero of the prequels

Lando was slamming that anti-establishment robo-pussy on the daily right?

Oh, the micro Pepe made me think you were fucking with me

More than likely, since she said it "works"

Attached: extra thic L3.png (640x498, 188K)

Our the Kasdans /ourguys/?

Attached: tarantino2_052207.jpg (183x343, 44K)

Larry Kasdan is, but his son isn't. His son's a young tard who runs his mouth in press interviews, which was how plebbit got to whining claiming Lando was Pansexual and therefore bi-sexual, when he wasn't saying that, he was just suggesting that Lando had feelings for L3 since they were close and she was female. He then couldn't back down from the statement in the press, since it looked like he'd be saying he hates gays and instead doubled down.

Yea Forums then repeatedly lied and kept whining and saying that Lando was gay in the new movie and trying to fuck Han, because some dude on Reddit said he saw the movie.

You can't blame people to avoid a Star Wars movie after the VIII one

>Rogue One
the only good thing about that shiftiest was Krennic and Vader

If you mean more iconic than Alec Guinness, then you're wrong. If you mean more iconic than the films he was in, then that's because he was one of the only two good elements in those movies.

Most of the people boycotting were cringy tards with zero self awareness, spamming the phrases basedlo and shill. Yea Forums also engaged in regular review bombs, with several threads at the time of the release dedicated to spamming fake reviews.

Attached: s,oylo.png (1728x1263, 1.32M)

Yea Forums raiding the reviews on RT

Attached: tv votes on rotten tomatoes.png (736x786, 85K)

Zoomers and memes
>Hello there XD

I really doubt that 'Solo' is a George Lucas joint.

Attached: star-wars-attack-of-the-clones-825.png (1440x900, 1.07M)

Attached: star-wars-attack-of-the-clones-734.png (1440x900, 940K)

Attached: star-wars-attack-of-the-clones-599.png (1440x900, 881K)

Kasdan said George commissioned him to write it back around the time of the prequels. All the basic plot points and characters involved him. The project was then shelved by Lucas and revived when Disney took over. L3 was even created by him according to behind the scenes material

it seems weird that he would return to that era but leave the script for the sequels in such an impressionistic state. Going to Alderaan would be fairly interesting if Lucas designed the world.

Attached: Episode II Ext.png (1440x900, 1.29M)