Hereditary

How could a movie be so insanely boring during the first hour and a half and then become one of the most terrifying experiences ever during the third act

Attached: 13D8232D-0B18-463A-B6F1-49C636BF934E.jpg (409x606, 23K)

I thought it was spooky after the first act. But I’m a lil pussy who doesn’t like dead kids.

The only really unsettling thing in the entire film was the death of the sister and the following funural.

Everything else was by the numbers horror by someone with just enough taste to leave out the cheap jumpscares but isnt creative enough to replace it with something scary.

And that seems to be a red thread in all A24 horror films.
It's films by filmakers with taste, but no creativity.

I was pretty freaked out by those CGI flies too

Cringe ADHD Poster

The climax of the film is much worse than that, it feels as if you were there instead of the actor

the mothers life of hell was kino. when it tried to be rosemarys baby 2.0 it failed

Attached: witches (2).gif (497x268, 1M)

the level of detail, such as the hidden cultist and mom in certain scenes were pretty incredible.

>once you see it

Attached: 1536368143827.jpg (1920x1080, 75K)

third act was laughable. onions horror is pathetic.

>hidden
They were pretty much highlighted,

I thought the Witch was genuinely very good. I haven't like any other A24 movies even remotely as much

>oh shit son

turn your contrast down user. You obviously have way too high to play your vidya games incel.

>forgets meme pic

End me.

Attached: 1558576633475~2.jpg (167x202, 4K)

that little girl's actual, real face is the only scary thing in this entire piece of shit

Attached: 1543214617054.jpg (1242x771, 244K)

I saw it in a dolby atmos theatre, pretty sure they had their setting properly set.

>the devil made me do it!
such a deep and complex subversion !!!
unironically kys

>you
>pffffffsssssshshshshshhhhhhhttt...

Attached: 1547428446935.png (645x729, 32K)

It was a completely fine film, just not very creative or exciting and still went feet first into the "now we're going to ignore any paranormal element for the second act and have everyone argue and blame eachother for 30 mins."

It Comes At Night was literally everyone just blaming each other for opening a door for the second half and has the dumbest "fear/man was the monster all along" cop out ending ever.

God I'm so sick of that trope. The moment people start throwing accusations at each other in a horror film I zone the fuck out.

Blacoats daughter was just slow panning shots of a empty school building and a girl whispering and saying odd stuff and praying to a oven. Ok film.

That's the ones I remember.
There's just not much going on here in terms of a mystery or a question that needs answers or a problem that needs to be resolved. It's just slightly spooky stuff happens and drab photography and soft shadows.

>retarded normie has nothing to contribute except whatever reddit told him to feel
sounds about right lol @ ur life NPC

Horror films need to show how menacing fats are. Fats will all go aggro and start attacking people, and they're highly resistant to firearms. You can be safer if you get to higher ground because fats absolutely cannot use ladders.