Game of Thrones PREQUEL Plot Details, Cast, and Female Director Revealed

>Taking place thousands of years before the events of Game of Thrones, the series chronicles the world’s descent from the golden Age of Heroes into its darkest hour. From the horrifying secrets of Westeros’s history to the true origin of the White Walkers, the mysteries of the East to the Starks of legend, only one thing is for sure: It’s not the story we think we know.

>SJ Clarkson will direct the pilot episode, and also executive produce the series. HBO confirmed the news. Clarkson has previously directed episodes of The Defenders, Jessica Jones, and Dexter, among others.

Attached: Unknown.jpg (1000x1307, 405K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/erikawsmith/2019/01/14/game-of-thrones-prequel
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MedievalStasis
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Oscar nominee Naomi Watts will play a lead character in the series, described as “a charismatic socialite hiding a dark secret.” Just one day later, Deadline reported that Poldark star Josh Whitehouse will play another lead, though we know even less about his character than Watts'. The same goes for the other cast members, all of whom are playing series regulars and were announced this past week: Naomi Ackie (Lady MacBeth), Denise Gough (Colette), Jamie Campbell Bower (The Mortal Instruments: City Of Bones), Sheila Atim (Harlots), Ivanno Jeremiah (Doctor Who), Georgie Henley (the Narnia series), Alex Sharp (To The Bone), and Toby Regbo (Reign).

forbes.com/sites/erikawsmith/2019/01/14/game-of-thrones-prequel

Even the normies hate got now. The spinoffs are all gonna bomb hard.

Blacks are too black. They’re not even attractive or have any sort of visual presence one would expect from this medium

>niggers

dropped. Any race but niggers.

not diverse enough

Women. Owe. Me. Sex.

dont even want to

WE WUZ NIGHT KANGZ

Just tell them you're a feminist and you voted for Hillary Clinton. Works every time.

THREE niggers?????!!

>Naomi Watts
How does this meme actress still even get work? She's legitimately one of the worst "actresses" I have ever seen

yikes

Isn't this shit supposed to be 8000 years in the past? I can't imagine them properly portraying what society would be like then.

>thousands of years before the events of Game of Thrones

Yet they'll still have the same level of technology and civilization. A frozen world permanently in the middle ages. Roman Empire at most. Thousands of years still using bows and arrows, no gunpowder, etc. I'm so sick of this trope.

Attached: rockk.jpg (762x1042, 114K)

gore

Idris Elba for Bran the builder

>diversity means black
lmao

Jackie Chan

at least the white walkers still look like old white men.

Let me guess, the Last Hero is a nigger. Doesn't matter anyway, it'll get two seasons and be canceled.

>"The Last Hero? He's only a legend."
>"I never said the Last Hero was a 'he.'"

>From the horrifying secrets of Westeros’s history to the true origin of the White Walkers

You mean the retards that got killed by a teenage assassin? How the fuck could anyone possible care at this point.

Lemme guess, the kneegrows are House Stark.

This cast, apart from Naomi, looks like something out of a cheap BBC series.

At least the actors are already Bonged so we don't have to see them get ugly

Fucking hate this shit, couldn't take Lord of the Rings seriously too.

You don't know how right you could be. House Stark has died once already, surviving only through the female line with a daughter that married a wildiling. It could be easy to racemix the two and have the child come out white.

Weird thing is that its already outlined that thousands of years ago westeros was filled with bronze age savages

They went through a ston, bronze, iron and steel age. The maesters are responsible for the slow rates of technological improvement

*ahem*
FUCK YOU AND FUCK WHIG HISTOGRAPHY

Will it be based around GRRM writing? Or it will be TV written?

Attached: please.jpg (298x169, 7K)

The world fell into the dark age because women were not in power. Mark my fucking words.

This sounds like Emmy bait, SJW trash. Even normies hate everything GOT related because he added up to nothing.

I was interested in the main series of books even after reading A Dance with Dragons, maybe because I was too invested, but the years passed and I dropped it completely around 2015 or 2016 because GRRM clearly doesn't care.
I really don't think people will watch this shit after the season finally because even normies were mad with GoT.

>Yet they'll still have the same level of technology and civilization. A frozen world permanently in the middle ages. Roman Empire at most. Thousands of years still using bows and arrows, no gunpowder, etc. I'm so sick of this trope.

ASoIaF is set in roughly a Wars of the Roses tech period. 1000 years before the Wars of the Roses the western Roman Empire was close to collapsing. But 1000 years before ASoIaF they were in a bronze age.

Can't wait for all the interracial BMWF sex scenes! Will HBO show full penetration this time?

Let's be honest

All these black actors will play non human creatures like White Walkers and Children of Forest

>You mean the retards that got killed by a teenage assassin? How the fuck could anyone possible care at this point.

It's like how they turned Han Solo into some old, washed up loser who gets ganked by his own son, then they make a movie about him when he was young like anybody should care.

The fat fuck was consulted, probably. By consulted I mean, he was paid to pretend to care and talk about the show during interviews.

>prequel for a shitty old tv show.
BIG YIKES FROM ME.

Attached: 49907329_558357668012121_8643550841567731261_n.jpg (640x797, 64K)

I WANT A REGBO-BOWER GAY SEX SCENE

>Jan 14, 2019, 04:20pm

Just make it fucking stop this story is fucking dead

Naomi Watts is probably gonna pull a Sean Bean

YES WE WILL STILL HAVE DOZENS AND DOZENS OF GOT THREADS FOR MANY MORE YEARS MUHAHAHAHA

It's actually the opposite. Magic was responsible for the slow technological advancement. The maesters are the ones trying to snuff out magic and pull the world out of the dark ages.

>Naomi Ackie (Lady MacBeth), Denise Gough (Colette), Jamie Campbell Bower (The Mortal Instruments: City Of Bones), Sheila Atim (Harlots), Ivanno Jeremiah (Doctor Who), Georgie Henley (the Narnia series), Alex Sharp (To The Bone), and Toby Regbo (Reign).

I don't understand some of these names. Why the fuck did Martin sign off on calling somebody "Harlots"?

These all sound exactly like Caprica

These are not names user, those are the TV shows/films the actors are most well known for...

This is like buying the DLC to see the real ending.

They better fookking book Rami Djawadi

Game of Thrones ended 20 years ago, who the fuck is gonna watch this shit? It's like if they made a Mary Poppins sequel today.

No

When you look at how long some of the oldest civilizations have lasted without inventing all this stuff, you'll see it's much more plausible than it seems at first.

Too many white people.

The world of ice and fire book is fucking huge, there's so much content for them to use.

He is never going to finish those books. He is enjoying Hollywood tok much. Even though the liberals are using him to push their agenda.

between 0AD and 1000AD you'd think the world had regressed except in mesopotamia where the opposite happened(only mesopotamia had regressed since 1000BC)

There's literally no point in watching it then. Their worldbuilding is horrid and they constantly gloss over the "weirder" aspects of the world because they think it's too "nerdy". They dislike magic, so at best we will get CGI dragons like Danny again rather than "nerdy" shit. They are unable to do clever and long term writing, so plotting and scheming are off the table. They are unable to make compelling battles because that's too "nerdy". They bend to fans desire, so never there will be a red wedding or Ned execution.
If they are just cashing in, I'd guess we will have:
>Girl who has dragon (Danny Stand-in)
>Righteous good guy guy (Jon Stand-in)
>Beast trope guy (Sandor Stand-in)
>Funny mercenary guy (Bronn Stand-in)
>Badass power girl (Arya Stand-in)
On their quirky adventures to kill the previous Night King.

Attached: 1558333396935.jpg (1111x764, 118K)

I WILL WATCH THIS KINO. AND I WILL RELENTLESSLY CREATE GOT THREADS. MUHAHAHAHA

Also there will be love triangles.

and you know this how?

Give em credit this isn't being run by D&D and Westworld has been 2Deep for average viewers

NO
NO MORE

OH YES THERE WILL BE MORE MUHAHAHAHA

>Westworld has been 2Deep for average viewers
user...

Oh so that’s why they didn’t explain ANYTHING about the Others or the NK in the show. Fucking losers

It's not written by D&D, so I'll keep an open mind.

What were bronze age socialites like?

I don't care enough to watch this. Hopefully some nudity from Watts and the Narnia girl for webms sake.

The problem isn't D&D, if anything GRRM to D&D resulted in good results. D&D without GRRM started to shit the bed when source material run out, and now the idea is that not even source material will be there. It's basically any other show, except now people are cheering because the setting is the same of the show who made you interested for it's writing.
It definitely has potential to be good, but from this it seems it's just a "by the people who watched Game of Thrones!" show.

based retard

Naked

Question for the book fans, is there a reason why the houses are so small? Like House Stark is supposed to be 8000 years old, shouldn't there be an enormous amount of cousins?

It's never really explained why the Starks are so small, but there are dozens more Lannisters and Tyrells than in the show.

I know the answer but I'm not a fan and since your question if only for fans I will not answer you.

>to the true origin of the White Walkers

Didn't we already see the origin with the Children of the Forest and creation of the Night King?

Tyrells,Martells,Lannisters,Greyjoys all have more members in the books, i believe sweetrobin also has a cousin (I read the books 7 years ago, forgive me if Im wrong about that.The Starks have so many cousins they made their own Houses (Karstark and Greystark,Greystark were wiped out by the Starks)

No. Fuck off. Go do your advertising somewhere else, shill.

There is a curse.

t. Grand Maester Barbo Forel

The cast makes it look like a teen-targeting show.

Female director/producer, selected entirely for virtue points, which means there will be lots of feminist propaganda, lots of interracial sex and the blonde blue-eyed guy will be a super evil racist.

No Maisie so no reason to watch

Attached: Game of Bums.jpg (623x752, 66K)

Whelp, I'm out.

Show me anywhere that indicates wildings are niggers.

I'll wait.

but that's intentional because diversity and representation. Like Rose from star wars

>there are no asians in space!

they had dragons and magic why the fuck would they need gunpowder

Niggers? No thank you.

>They're not even attractive
Welcome to Woke Hollywood. The more females working behind the camera in studios the uglier the people in front of the camera get. This thing had a sex scene in a SyFy miniseries based on a GRRM novella............with a black girl that was just as ugly.

Attached: MayaEshet.jpg (1361x2050, 231K)

The family tree has blood through all the North houses and there's a large cadet branch in the form of the Karstarks, but GRRM dodges the question as to why there's only a single line of descent in the main Starks.

ugly people have no place on large screens.

>Arya and Sansa Dark
no thanks, shmuli

>Naomi Watts
Sold, I don't care about anything else. Everything she touches is kino.

Attached: a cute.jpg (698x1024, 101K)

NOOOOOOOO!
I wish every woman in the world but my mommy was dead!

Attached: 1454119659503s.jpg (225x225, 9K)

they play aegon targaryen and his two sisters.

As a average girl I'm ok with "unattractive" women on screen so it doesn't make uncomfortable as I'll never reach that unrealistic level of beauty.

>previously directed episodes of The Defenders, Jessica Jones, and Dexter,
hahaha, oh wow

>true origin of the white walkers
I thought that was already explained and it was anything but horrifying. Maybe Borrifying

but The Book of Henry was the worst film ever created

this, they are ruining fantasy escapism

And yet she remains walking, talking kino

Imagine believing this, imagine using the word normies, imagine not having sex

Why is Eli Manning in this?

>fanfic bullshit
No one will watch

Attached: 1458911172208.gif (200x260, 4K)

I will only watch her in things ware she is a nerdy tech slave exploring her new found sexuality

Attached: Jet%20Hot.jpg (825x1073, 706K)

Attached: Jet%20In%20Desert.jpg (388x479, 139K)

>bug-eyed non-Euros spattered through Euro mythos
what a shock
the blacktarring will never end

>3 of the 9 actors are black
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>thousands of years

Attached: 1537823238276.png (600x699, 426K)

They lost a good opportunity to set it in a sci-fi/technologically advanced past. Not enough TV shows have this trope.

We're not allowed to escape into fantasy or sci fi anymore. It was our last refuge. But they found out, and now it's the same old parade of ugly women, niggers, and trannies.

One of martin's projects WILL have a tranny main character. Just watch. It's coming, and you're powerless to stop it.

She was pretty cute in King Kong, really the only reason to watch that movie. But she hasn't aged well since then.

post tits

Please never change ppl tv. Only a fraction of my friends agree with me when I drop shows / movies for forced diversity, and it pisses me off

Did Valyria exist during the Age of Heroes? I don't think a ASOIAF show without dragons/Targaryens will be well received/alluring to the public.

Because it's true. Everything awful about humanity, GRRM has taken inspiration from real life. And the problem is usually religion causing it. Pic related.

Attached: Christian Dark Ages.png (400x390, 32K)

This
I've never seen fans (fans) drop a show so hard in its final season especially the last 3 episodes

any book fags know what source this is drawing from?

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MedievalStasis

game of JUST

no thanks

but its not D&D anymore

Hi Preston

An outline built of pre hysterical reference in the Song of ice and fire novels

Would be cute if they included the semi related kids book the ice dragon as that takes place when winterfell is a village

That's all real life history was for thousands of years. It's only in the past couple hundred that things have jumped forward, and only the past 130 or so that things have really improved.

WE WUZ VALERIYANS N SHIT

>Yet they'll still have the same level of technology and civilization.

There were no other races for White people to steal advanced technology from.

>One of the main characters, a POV core cast member, is a platinum blonde black female dragon-rider - one of her parents was a white Valyrian, the other a foreigner, leading some to deny that she's a "real" Valyrian.

Let me just guess, and this is a complete stab in the dark with no basis whatsoever, her dad is black and so is her love interest

So the three eyed raven and the children of the forest are the true villains?

Attached: We+couldve+been+exploring+the+outer+singularity+by+now_1a2915_6826060.jpg (900x400, 56K)

>Something like a third to a half of the cast are non-white characters - multiple members of the primary cast. It explicitly instructs this in their casting sheets.
>This also extends to diversity of female and LGBT characters, several of whom are also core cast members.
>Something like a third to a half of this prequel series is actually set in Sothoryos, George R.R. Martin's fantasy version of Africa, mentioned in ASOIAF and The World of Ice and Fire. Sothoryos and Valyria are the two big axes around which the show revolves: the tension between the capital city and its provinces.
>The capital of Sothoryos, one of the major settings of the action, is conceptually supposed to be "Roman North Africa", a mix of Carthage and Constantinople, a major port city with a multi-racial society. Looking at a map, I would guess pre-Doom Zamettar.
>Thus, most of the characters there are "non-white": according to the casting calls, they're looking for variously African, Asian, other groups (it's a very mixed, "melting pot" port city).
>One of the main characters, a POV core cast member, is a platinum blonde black female dragon-rider - one of her parents was a white Valyrian, the other a foreigner, leading some to deny that she's a "real" Valyrian.
>One of the other main characters is a self-made former slave, a deceptively matronly-looking Asian woman in her 50s, that's now not only one of the richest citizens but also a major political leader and government intrigue-player.

>a charismatic socialite
Socialites existed 8000 years ago?

*farts loudly*
Here's your prequel bro

Screenshot this:

They will make a wakanda nigger house and GRRM will just go with it, or he'll be dead.

WE WUZ KANGZ incoming

Attached: 20604471_10154837979626417_5972970864682382822_n.jpg (960x960, 80K)

You know she'll be fucking the black guy. Hollyjew sees a blue eyed blonde girl and they HAVE to see her fuck a black guy.

Attached: 1467591853334.jpg (2000x1000, 311K)

Seeing this image always fills me with shame, because it makes me remember I was once the kind of person who would unironically reference it. "Scientific Advancement"as a numerically quantifiable axis on a graph, no source, snarky motivational poster format. This image is "le fedora tip meme" the infographic.

WAKANDA FOREVER

implying the kangz wont introduce everyone to their flying pyramids

Based and thule pilled.

Attached: filonifun1.jpg (1486x1070, 127K)

There are other races besides niggers and crackers. Why does diversity always=nigs? Why no chinks or poos or injuns or abos? It's always nogz

what would janey-e do with dragons, /tpg/?

The long winters resets the planetos civilizations, thus preventing progress.

They're worth more points in left thinking because they're the most racist cunts I've ever met. Even makes me blush.

I used to believe that Christianity was the worst religion ever constructed by mankind. Now that I have personally met Muslims, Jews, Sikhs, Hindus, Pagans, and familiarized myself with their theologies, I'm actually kind of glad that I live in a Christian-majority area.

Reminds me the other night in a video about GOT there was a quote from one of the costume designers that was basically this

"We were told to make the Night King and his Generals costumes and armor look like they were repurposed from technology from a fallen advanced civilization"

It's always weird to me when medieval stories do prequels and sequels set hundreds or thousands of years apart. They should at least have invented steam machines by that point

They will be playing children of the forest, there won't be anything like House Dindu or Ser Tyrone.

Wait isn’t Watts one in the heap of celebs that are playing eugenics with their children?

That cast is ugly as fucking shit except for Naomi Watts and the girl in the bottom left corner. Why is this so common nowadays?

>Ivanno Jeremiah (Doctor Who)
damn I really thought Doctor Who was gonna be in Westeros too

I'm the less racist person you can find in this board, but why are there black people in westeros??? It doesn't make sense, or they are from west of westeros??? They better come up with a good explanation on these characters.

Well I guess turning her kids into trannies did get her a job

>Jessica Jones
>All those nogs
Lol not gonna watch

Lots of it is going to taste place is Essos apparently

They'll have magic and we wuz shamans

Im finna skip this one.

Not for much longer, start hoarding that indoor plumbing.

medieval daughters of royalty were a thing yes.
>inb4 "8000 years was before medieval times!"
see

Well, that's, something, but what does Essos have to do with the White Walkers? Again, they better come up with a good explanation here. By the way, is there any mention of what's west of Westeros in the books yet?

They can't fuck up that bad surely

Literally turning it into a Liberal learning lesson, why can't they ever stop and just tell a fucking story

Wait Niggthoryos had civilization?

They should do medieval tech but with bicycles.

For some reason this world seems pretty damn interesting yet all we got in the series was boring people on boring cities. I will give this a chance since it might deepend on the fantasy side of the story that always got my attention from episode 1, but they might also focus on more boring people on boring cities so, let's see what they can do, and also let's see if the fat bastard recognize the story as canon.

>muh diversity
able to force three niggers in there, yet could have had one chink, one spic, and one nigger instead.

>You mean the retards that got killed by a teenage assassin? How the fuck could anyone possible care at this point.
Yep. Going into this you already know they get BTFO in a single episode, so why care?

>drop
They still watched the whole season and continued to spend hours of their pathetic lives discussing it. You have to be kidding.

lowest iq take and the entire reason everything since season 4 has been complete garbage

It's honestly not that implausible that they would be stuck in some kind of 15-16th century technology if they didn't have an easily accessible fuel source like coal.

They're going to get the Alduin treatment. Essentially, a much bigger threat that was thwarted in ancient times - but merely postponed for future generations to worry about. The Others we see in the show are considerably less powerful than they once were, yadda yadda.

How the fuck did it take so long for bikes to be invented IRL???

um no sweaty, diversity means black people. you should have learned this in college.

This.
Civilisation decline is real.

Attached: LASCAUXvsCHAUVET.jpg (1772x2166, 735K)

Part of me wants to see this but now that I know the NK and White Walkers go out like little bitches as soon as they start doing anything, why should I give a shit? It's hard to care about the "world" after that shitty last season.

Nice.

the idea of a christian dark ages is a retarded meme that needs to die.

>no gooks
>no watch

Attached: vincereally.gif (200x200, 3.89M)

have sex

Look's like cloakshit's back on the menu boys..

STFU, /got/ is quite tiresome. Keep it in ONE general, or go away.

Attached: 1493142095428.jpg (960x960, 35K)

This. I dont care, and neither does anyone else.

I've never seen this and I already know this is going to suck

Attached: Screenshot_20190522-202547.png (1280x720, 497K)

>The Defenders, Jessica Jones
oh no no no

calm down you angry incel. this isn't game of thrones.

>Clarkson has previously directed episodes of The Defenders, Jessica Jones, and Dexter, among others

What an impressive resume!

fag/got/s are ruining Yea Forums. DO YOU GET THAT?

Night King origin

Attached: 38A431C2-F270-4700-B5FF-527CFD97E344.gif (480x352, 2.93M)

whoever falls for this shit a second time has no one to blame but themselves

Calling it, the black chicks are going to be children of the forest, black guy is a summer islander though.

>thousands of years before
they better not have another wheelchair

Attached: 1396187599427.gif (300x199, 1.78M)

>black people are going to be the bad guys of the story
Nah.

>grows nothing
>goes over the wall to rape white women
>steals
>pillages
>savages

Yes, they're black.

Fuck you, where are the Asians?

I care more about Yi Ti than these nogs.

>Hollyjew sees a blue eyed blonde girl and they HAVE to see her fuck a black guy.
From what i've seen on this board, that's just americans in general.

Tbh D&D ruined game of thrones for me I don't want to hear about it or something related to got again

literally all race-mixing leftist propaganda, immediately told all of the people i watch shows with to steer clear of this

fuck the leftists and the nigger-sympathizers ruining screen productions, just make us good quality shows and movies gods damn you

Attached: 1550528130035.gif (480x347, 424K)

This and all the rest of them are going to be absolute shit and NO ONE is going to give a fuck about new characters. GoT was a one time thing and they blew it hard.

It just writes itself. One adjective after another.