The Jeffersons and All in the Family Crossover Episode Reboot

Are you guys watching the reboot right now?

Attached: 8622076C-6308-4C59-8429-CF6FC64685E9.jpg (913x420, 457K)

yeah it's weird

JAMIE FUCKED UP

Foxx and Tomei have been pure kino

This "special" is proof positive that the youtube comments have been right all along - you simply cannot make these shows in the current year plus four.

Is it set in the past? A meaningful reboot would have Archie be a cranky old liberal boomer. Meathead is an unemployed white nationalist and Gloria is a MAGA pothead. The Jeffersons are Somalis. Edith is still retarded.

They all feel like sketch show caricatures to me. It's hard to fill Jean Stapleton, Sherman Hemsley and Carrol O'Connor's shoes though, so maybe I'm being too harsh

It's an old episode of All in the Family and an old episode of The Jeffersons, same exact scripts.

Its creepy how little Norman Lear has aged over many decades.

A lot of them do feel like caricatures, and maybe I’d say Tomei is borderline at that level too. But I think Foxx is doing a genuinely great job.

Sherman Hemsley supposedly did LSD constantly.

Lear shows are some of my favorites, especially All In The Family. I was afraid this would just be orange man bad, mainly because of Kimmel, but I’m glad it’s an original script.
I watched the Netflix special about Laugh In just today, kind of disappointing.

Did liberals back then really enjoy black people literally walking all over them?

Foxx is doing a really good job of channeling Hemsley.

They better drop at least one "honky" before it's over.

Attached: sherman_hemsley.jpg (295x380, 15K)

He did at the end of the All in the Family reenactment

White guilt cucks have always been the same

wtf are you even on about you insecure incel

Post yfw it’s the episode where archie is in a minstrel show, goes to the hospital in blackface and hilarity ensues

He's one of the Hollywood (((elite))) drinking the blood of children.

The Jefferson's are much closer than All in The Family

>bleeps
Why?

>no Sanford & Son reboot
Sad, but Foxx would be harder to cast than these I suppose

The scientist dude just asked Mr.Jefferson to walk all over him.

Because audiences in 2019 aren't prepared to hear language that was broadcast in the 1970s.

This whole thing is pretty strange but I kind of hope they do more. I want to see I Love Lucy.

I saw a MASH rerun the other day where some throwaway character called Spearchucker a nigger and the cast told him it wasn’t cool. Not sure if it was originally bleeped but it’s sort of a shock to see it today

I wish Marla Gibbs would have gotten sassy on George's ass. I need that in 2019.

Attached: 212568_2.jpg (350x263, 16K)

That was surprisingly a lot of fun. And the humor holds up.

So can we agree, this was actually pretty fun? They probably won’t do a short series of it, but I wouldn’t mind more. Good Times when?