What is Yea Forums's equivalent of this?

What is Yea Forums's equivalent of this?

Attached: mu core.jpg (1024x622, 78K)

Seems like it was sourced from Pitchforks top 100 albums lists

watching what you want? of course not that would be for plebs, better to watch only Yea Forums approved shit

>Death Grips
>Radiohead
Yea Forums has some really reddit taste

Half the list is based half the lost is gay

Drive, TDKR, Blade Runner 2049, Taxi Driver, the list goes on...

The only good album on there is Remain In Light.

>Twin Sneeds
>The Soilpranos
>The Fancy German Wire
>Feeding Bad
>Better Call Chuck
>Mad Farmers
>True Feedtective
>Feedgo

Attached: sneed-and-chuck.jpg (975x600, 381K)

Attached: Lesbian Core.jpg (1040x1878, 822K)

Mad Men
The Sopranos
Twin Peaks

Not sure who has worse taste, mu or tv

you aren't funny

Well pardon us.

reddit's top 250 and imdb's top 250
I'm not kidding.

>Removes Slint
>Replaces it with Trout Mask
Perfect

>Tarkovsky
thats about it

pretty decent list but Yea Forums sucks.

Attached: 1531332102002.jpg (1816x5276, 2.62M)

are the Sandler movies a joke?

Attached: 1500386145080.jpg (1816x4113, 2.65M)

90% of it is a joke idiot

just ultra contrarian I think

Fuck Neutral Milk Hotel. I hate those whiny bitches.

god i wish i was a dyke

Attached: 1555638501337.png (1350x2700, 2.94M)

why now make it all a joke? putting in a smattering of quality with a bunch of garbage is stupid. did you make that? if so, you're a dumbfuck.

reddit copied us

Why are you so mad, user?

I've browsed Yea Forums on and off since '08. This is not a good representation of the current board, or really the board at any point in time. It's just made by posters who are autistic enough to care about charts. Like there's a number of Beatles and Bowie albums that get discussed just as much as anything on there, but obviously hipster autists aren't going to include something so mainstream. You're also far more likely to find regular threads on the technical aspects of music than you are to find threads on the technical side of filmmaking on Yea Forums. In general, people put a lot more effect into their posts there, too, not that that's always a good thing.

Attached: 1365872105764.jpg (2300x2184, 1.84M)

does that mean this one's a joke too?

Attached: notsureifb8.jpg (2283x2195, 1.82M)

>Beatles
The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

I'm not. this is my usual demeanor.

>usually mad

>all of that French garbage
yeah, it's a joke

ive browsed Yea Forums on and off as well, since '09. i've actually recently made the switch to Yea Forums, only briefly skimming the front page in previous years. you're right in that that chart is not a good representation anymore, but the board has simply gone to shit. i know they say Yea Forums is terrible these days, but i honestly think Yea Forums is worse. nobody talks about the technical aspects of music anymore, idk where you got that from. there also would be no chart anymore because nobody really gives a shit anymore, there is no real taste there. i think Yea Forums is the shittiest board, i don't know if it's me, but it's frankly become boring. i can't stand browsing it anymore

Les LOST. Les Leftovers. Les Revenants.

>GSY!BE next to Kanye

Good lord Yea Forums went in the dumpster

This. Postrockist faggots right next to the most avant-garde mainstream composer is some bullshit.

Yea Forums went to shit when pitchfork started hyping every new hip-hop release after MBDTF won AOTY.

>nobody talks about the technical aspects of music anymore, idk where you got that from.
There are plenty of >general threads for these, whether it's for songwriting, production, theory, guitars, synths, etc. I'm lumping all those into "technical side", as opposed to actual albums/songs/artists. I think the biggest knock on Yea Forums is that it's slow as fuck these days, like way slower than it used to be as you've probably noticed, which yeah makes it pretty boring most of the time.

Yea Forums is way worse than Yea Forums, yeah. Now it’s literally all just worshipping the latest p4k-approved flavor of the month waifu. They worship waifus here as well but the point of actresses is to be cute. There they pretend their music is good too. And also just so many tripfags and the posting style is very lowercase/excessive line breaks/tumblr/twitter style which is really infuriating. The one thing it has over this board is that it isn’t as infested with /pol/ but I’ll deal with that in exchange for actual entertainment.

l o l

based

look for that soi horror chart

There's something like this, but for cunny kino, like Lolita and films of that nature

dumbass, spiderland is the best album there along with itcotkc

>I'm lumping all those into "technical side", as opposed to actual albums/songs/artists
ok, i can see what you mean by that, because discussing technicalities about specific albums is the main thing I miss about old Yea Forums. Listenalongs, greentext threads, comics, and the like. But even so, the only generals I can think of that do this are guitar general, prod, and classical. Even then it's rare. I don't know if it's really slower, it's just that I suspect that most people there haven't listened to many albums, so I lot of the threads I make don't get replies, when they would've 8 years ago. I make a Lil Peep thread, I get at least 20 (You)'s

Even Yea Forums is infested with /pol/ pretty bad and when it's not it's the polar opposite sjw cuck type. It's either one extreme or another

Attached: (mu)oldessentials.jpg (1826x4967, 1.48M)

The only album that doesn't belong on there is Burial-Untrue. Uninteresting garbage, tbqhf a m
>tfw you once made an ITAOTS listenalong thread that got >2,000 replies

Attached: 1556892397940.png (343x606, 252K)

What is the film equivalent of this album? Didn't want to start a new thread.

Attached: Tears_for_Fears_Songs_from_the_Big_Chair.jpg (220x220, 11K)

>Neutral Milk Hotel
>Death Grips
>fucking Animal Collective
so i'm guessing Yea Forums is unironically a tranny board?

Yea Forums took a big blow when rapidshare, megaupload, etc. all got cracked down on, and sharethreads started getting pruned. People tried to keep those threads going, but it was never the same.

Attached: 1334252199001.png (646x1896, 186K)

Is there some kind of post-ironic meta edgy contrarian shit going on with AotC on there or am I being trolled? Or is it both? Fuck

Attached: 7088472743_854af09eec_c.jpg (800x662, 114K)

nah not enough indie or memerap for pitchfork

ok boomer

there's 100's of "mucore" images like OP's that were intentionally created to serve as bait

That Anco and Burial album are rarely discussed

>those fags that try to act like beacons of centrist sanity
yikes, its a shitposting wesbite, stop being such a pretentious fag

I thought /metal/ preferred show no mercy over hell awaits

Attached: shownomercy.jpg (288x288, 82K)

imagine having no taste

>This is not a good representation of the current board
True, this is more like some 2011-2014 era shit.

>or really the board at any point in time
eh, kinda. There's a few picks on there which are pitchfork inserts the Yea Forumsfag pretends to like so he could attract an arthoe gf (like what this board does) but ItAotS and Loveless are definitely legit.

Couldn't find a pic, but this is and always will be the og definitive Yea Forumscore. Don't even bother replying to me.
>NMH-ITAOTS
>Animal Collective-MPP
>Radiohead-Kid A
>The Antlers- Hospice
>MBV-loveless
>Radiohead-Ok Computer
>King Crimson-ITCOTCK
>GYBE-LYSF
>Kanye West-MBDTF
>Death Grips - The money store

a joke, user

wow those are alot of faggy albums

i can't speak for /metal/, but i think Hell Awaits is their best album. It just sounds so evil, and the tracks are longer
Yeah but now everyone uses Soulseek which is fine. Sharethreads were getting pruned? I didn't know that.
I've actually switched to FLAC just last year so even if there was mediafire I wouldn't care. It's a lot of work sometimes, but I also use several websites to try and get album cover and booklet scans for all my music. I feel like I have a deeper appreciation & understanding of those artists from doing it.
I usually take the far right stance when I'm confronted with a retard, but there's nothing wrong with being center or center right

You forgot someone. But this is one of those times that pitchfork clashed with Yea Forums because they hated Brand New. Which is why it wasn't included in charts according to arthoe gf theory. Also why Kanye is on there.

Attached: file.png (480x360, 222K)

>2 good albums in the whole graphic

The original chart actually had its own pitchfork core section

Attached: 1294681113272.jpg (2224x4888, 1.74M)

Yea Forums IS reddit

Ah I remember this. Far more accurate, but outdated now I guess. Not that Yea Forums now is as good as it was back then.

>remember mediafire threads user?

Attached: 1370561749840.gif (500x500, 13K)

>Avatar
Never heard of that.

Attached: thumb_grasscore_1024.jpg (1024x981, 409K)

This is probably the oldest chart I saved from Yea Forums, which I guess would be comparable to Yea Forums's original.

Attached: 1278905314407.png (400x900, 75K)

>Nosferatu and Metropolis instead of Faust
Fuck that chart

Attached: based .png (586x454, 175K)

>that 90's selection

Attached: vomittingchicken.jpg (481x461, 58K)

he formerly was

Here

Attached: tv core.png (624x724, 1.01M)

Attached: thumb_raincore_1024.jpg (1024x802, 338K)

the non-Sandler movies are the joke

based this is fuckin hilarious

fuck you mom if you want fuck

Attached: 1311560348714.png (780x1000, 166K)

I'll give you a real answer OP

Attached: topsters2-4.png (1487x1400, 517K)

>Fight Club isn't on there
Is this a joke?

>EWS made the list
BASED

Yea Forums has shit taste in music

Attached: SHEEEEEIIIIT.png (661x645, 433K)

its a normies on Yea Forums sperg out because Yea Forums shits on dadrock episode

wtf. did any of those albums even break the top 40? what are the equivalent movies? I dont know. what are some movies nobody's ever heard of?

CINÉMA:
1: 夢 (1990, Kurosawa)
2: This Night (1965, Fassbinder)
3: La morte d'Isotta (1968, Schröter)
4: Reassemblage (1982, Minh Hà)
5: Кpaдeцът нa пpacкoви (1964, Radev)
6: โรงแรมนรก (1957, Pestonji)
7: قمران وزيتونة (2001, Abdelhamid)
8: 九月 (1984, Zhuangzhuang)
9: Ocъдeни Дyши (1975, Radev)
10: Lost River (2014, Gosling)

FILMS:
1. Пиcьмa мёpтвoгo чeлoвeкa (1986, Lopushansky)
2. Un condamné à mort s'est échappé (1956, Bresson)
3. Guns of The Trees (1961, Mekas)
4. Love Streams (1984, Cassavetes)
5. 牯嶺街少年殺人事件 (1991, Yang)
6. Duelle (1976, Rivette)
7. Alice in den Städten (1974, Wenders)
8. Le Rayon Vert (1986, Rohmer)
9. Սայաթ-Նովա (1968, Parajanov)
10. Mauvais Sang (1986, Carax)

MOVIES:
1. Barry Lyndon(1975, Kubrick)
2. 天国と地獄 (1963, Kurosawa)
3. Blue (1993, Jarman)
4. Fanny och Alexander (1982, Bergman)
5. The Long Day Closes (1992, Davies)
6. 天国と地獄 (1963, Kurosawa)
7. Le Révélateur (2002, Philippe Garrel)
8. Providence (1977, Resnais)
9. แสงศตวรรษ (2006, Weerasethakul)
10. Punishment Park (1971, Watkins)

OVERALL:
Sommaren med Monika (1953, Bergman)
牯嶺街少年殺人事件 (1991, 楊)
চারুলতা (1964, রায়)
Ordet (1955, Dreyer)
Les Moissons du Ciell (1978, Malick)
Oктябpь «Дecять днeй, кoтopыe пoтpяcли миp (1927, Эйзeнштeйн)
红高粱 (1987, 张艺谋)
Fear and Desire (1953, Kubrick)
Зepкaлo (1975, Tapкóвcкий)
01010101 01101110 00100000 0100001101101000 01101001 01100101 0110111000100000 01000001 01101110 0110010001100001 01101100 01101111 01110101(1928, Luis Buñuel)
浪華悲歌 (1936, 溝口)
Le Révélateur (2002, Philippe Garrel)

ĶÏŅO:
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016, Snyder)

That's a garbage selection desu.

Some of those are good album. Some pivotal but those aren't the best even from the same artsists

Attached: 1313607238878.jpg (1223x1421, 960K)

thats not the point you retard
they're albums that had the biggest effect on the boards culture

Yea Forums doesnt take itself seriously enough to make an actual list. every single list you will see posted here is a joke with about 10 layers of irony. beneath it all there is some good taste laying around here somewhere though

>no yo la tengo
>no pavement
i disagree

Yea Forums posters post with 10 layers of irony because everyone here is a pleb with shit taste and they use irony to mask it

The metal section has some really fukin wierd choices, like why endgame? also peace sells > RiP. Also, why evil shade of Grey, its a good album but not one of the first death metal albums you should listen to.

Attached: voivod2.png (202x300, 67K)

>peace sells > rip
oh come the fuck on

The thing is, Yea Forumscore is based on the most discussed albums on Yea Forums. They’re not necessarily the best, they’re just ones common consensus agrees is worth discussing
On Yea Forums, everyone just discusses the most recent blockbuster shit+film school core (e.g. Kubrick). There is literally no point in compiling a chart of “Yea Forumscore,” as it would change next summer anyway

Doublebased. Scaruffi drones run rampant on Yea Forums.

that's what you think because youre too busy shitposting in shit threads believing that, as are the host of game of thrones, capeshit, star wars, and pol niggers that dont actually know anything about film or television. if you make a thread about an actually good movie or tv show youll get good discussion. there are people on here that are very knowledgeable
I know you don't see any of this because youre a low iq newfaggot who watches garbage

> if you make a thread about an actually good movie or tv show youll get good discussion. there are people on here that are very knowledgeable
yeah maybe i would if it was still 2011 but it's not

Chris Poland is better than Marty Friedman and I like the thrash riffs on peace sells better.

Attached: grave.png (147x220, 85K)

/thread underrated xpostbestpost this

again, wrong. just because they are few and far between and are vastly outnumbered by meme threads and shitposting politics threads doesnt mean they dont exist

what's the beach house of television & film?

Attached: 61wOnkyQMJL._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 40K)

Real chart coming through

Attached: 1369665959436.jpg (830x1200, 380K)

kys gossling faggot.

fuck you and fuck drive & autism 2049

probably something gay like Wes anderson flicks

funniest post in 4channel

Reminder that Yea Forums is the worst board

Wow I've never bothered going on Yea Forums, I love most of this shit. Who would have thought us retards have good taste.

>the classics
>nothing from before the sixties
I hate that board so fucking much

doom metal gorespammer just popped into my head the other day and had a good chuckle.

haven't browsed in like 8 years and don't even listen to music anymore. shit hobby

Noooooo Listen to More Rolling Stones and The Beatles!!!!

Attached: boomer.jpg (303x416, 83K)

>Revolver and Pet Sounds aren't there
Shit Yea Forumscore chart.

Yea Forumss obsession with the Beatles makes me sick. The worst part is they don’t even like their good songs.

Music and movies didn't get good until the 60s, boomerino.

I have an idea to make this even more pretentious and get more you's, make all the last names (surnames) first and first names last like
Mekas, Jonas, 1969 Dreyer, Carl Th., 1932

It makes me sad that people actually believe this.

Listening to music isn't a hobby, retard.

what a great fucking album, would like to know what movie would be associated with this too

it's a lifestyle xD

>ITCOTCK
So bad. Literal dadrock garbage. King Crimson has actually good albums too so why do people like that trash?

even though it's the most memed one, ITAOTS is the only legitemately good record there. talking heads is absolute dogshit.

Drive
Nightcrawler
The Sopranos
Stalker
The Master

Did someone already post the Yea Forums's list of top 100 movies made years back and it's all middlebrow reddit-tier shit? like pulp fiction is literally #1 and the rest is stuff like se7en and momento
laughable when Yea Forums pretends to be patrician

Anymore? The Avenger's movies

>shit on Kanye West
>suddenly he's a good friend of Donald Trump
>Yea Forums starting to love him

Attached: 5126413032531951616.jpg (500x528, 43K)

11x Game of Thrones
1X Avengers