I saw this the other day and thought it sucked. Do I have shit taste or does everyone else?

I saw this the other day and thought it sucked. Do I have shit taste or does everyone else?

Attached: p8045259_v_v8_ad.jpg (960x1440, 371K)

Probably both desu

I remember watching it, didn't have much in the way of expectations, looked quirky, end result is I can't remember anything about it, don't feel much like see it again either

I liked it, but because it reminded me of video game culture I grew up with in the 90s. It's a nostalgia thing. Plus, Edgar Wright's direction was pretty great.

michael cera's entire career is a joke he ruins almost everything he's in. he's the main reason arrested development was so bad and he was far and away the worst thing about the otherwise funny Superbad

Imagine a No More Heroes movie and its even more lackluster than this.

Being as unique as it is saves it from being bad, even if it were bad, if that makes any sense.
But no, it wasn't bad in the objective sense.

Comic is worse.

Nah, it's a really hateable movie, so you're good. Lots of the humor is based on referencing normie video games and there are lots of jokes that don't land. Plus the farther we get away from it's release the more it's references become dated.

Having said that, if you're not too much of a contrarian it's a fun watch. It actually subverts a lot of expectations, has some witty dialogue, and some genuinely funny moments.

How?

It's classic zoomer shit.

This is the most reddit thing i have ever seen.

The movie or the thread?

The only thing wrong with this kino was that there wasn't enough tender moments between Scott and Ramona to make them a believable couple.

watching in 2019, its def gonna suck. ur a few years too late

>mary elizabeth winstead
bueno.jpg

That's because Ramona was an opportunistic bitch. Knives was a much better companion for Scott, but he was too blinded to see it.

I was a freshman in college when this came out now I'm old and alone. I use to be hot.

Attached: 1555958670021.jpg (750x750, 39K)

Ramona always gave Scott an out though. And Knives is a literal high school girl. Her personality hasn't even begun to develop beyond "I'm young, dumb, and easily impressed."

Yeah, in the movie it makes Knives look like a better fit for him. In the comics where Ramona gets more development and time with Scott it feels more natural.

I liked the editing

scott pilgrim has always been a load of retarded trash for creepy autistic incel basedboys

Can we at least all agree that Kieran Culkin stole every scene he was in?

Attached: kickherintheballs.gif (200x200, 463K)

>zoomer
It came out like 20 years ago.

Its cringe

It's the epitome of our culture's glorification of manchildren. Every male in this film is a total loser manlet but somehow they all pull serious tail. Fat greasy neckbeards watch it and think "omg that would be me if only girls weren't so shallow"

Alt ending where Scott ends up with Knives is kino.

Stupid that he ended up with Ramona, could totally tell that was a studio call.

Yes, we can.

And Knives.

Not The Big Bang Theory? You sure about that?

oh look, another boomer

it was okay but knives was superior

Culkin sex scene was hot

Unironically the comic is way better. Ramona in the movie is a frigid bitch; Ramona in the comic is actually nice and has a lot of personality. The easiest way to illustrate this difference is the scene where Ramona delivers the CDs to Scott. In the movie, she basically blows him off as a creep when he talks about dreaming about her, or whatever. In the comic, she actually looks embarrassed and apologizes to him for using the subspace highway through his head, since the whole thing really is her fault.

Scott is way less of a manchild in the comics, so it makes more sense. He's more of a douche/chad type.

I liked it it was fun,funny, well paced and acted and I enjoyed that it actually stayed pretty close to the comic. I really liked how it felt like I was reading the comic as if it just came off the page and into film form.

All in all it was enjoyable for me, I'm glad I had read the comic before and I definitely think that went into a lot of my like for it. I realize having this opinion here is offensive or against the norm since this film is considered to be reddit or childish or yadda yadda, but regardless i liked it. It was fun.

t. Never Read The Comics

the movie is proto-reddit

>Came out in 2010
>All characters are 17-23 years old
>Movie is full of 1980s - early 1990s videogame references, something only 30+ years old people would understand

>the movie is proto-reddit
Reddit existed for more than 5 years when this movie came out

Was around the same age range when it came out. Good times.

It was a product of it's time

>Movie is full of 1980s - early 1990s videogame references

It's almost like the comic was about a bunch of hipsters or something.