Ok, why did he betrayed the Starks?

Ok, why did he betrayed the Starks?

Attached: Theon_Greyjoy.png (571x691, 616K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Cr93XCO151c
youtube.com/watch?v=HaU_VpMu0cE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

because they never accepted him as one of them. he wanted but he couldn't so he decided to take everything they had. I though it was pretty clear. Also daddy problems.

>because they never accepted him as one of them
Thats not true at all, he was like a brother to the starks, the truth is he was a dickless loser before losing his dick and wanted to make his abusive father proud

Cause otherwise they will always look at him like a brother and he wouldn't hit Sansa pussy

Sad truth

I know right? I mean he had no real reason.
The Starks only killed his brothers, dragged him away from his family, turned him into a ward, denied him the hand of Sansa in marriage, and prevented him from proving his worth in the eyes of his father and people. Gosh who would turn on such a family?

The Starks were treating him like Jon, an outcast only there because of Ned being a moralfag.
Unfortunately Theon didn't enjoy the moral integrity or duty Jon had, unlike him he was the last male son of a King and rightfully should have a throne in his eyes.

He is weak minded.

Literally muh daddy issues

did you miss the part when he ranted to maester luwin and had the conversation in which he tells him he hated how everyone told him how lucky he was for being a hostage?

did *you* miss the part where he acknowledged he made a mistake but said it was too late to turn back? Or not long after that when he said "my real father died in King's Landing"? If you compare the way Ned and the Starks treated him with the way Balon and the Greyjoys treated him it's night and day.

>Thats not true at all, he was like a brother to the starks,
Well, no. In the books it's said that only Robb treated him as a friend, the rest pretty much ignored him and didn't like him. Ned also treated him as a hostage more than a son. His chapter about going back to Pyke gives pretty clear reasons on why he didn't feel accepted.

See
You probably also think the psychic bran had no idea how things would turn out

No one reads books you nerd

He just wanted his papa's approval.

there were believable motivations at play leading to the situation spiralling out of control. compare this to what the show degenerated into.

>being proud of being an illiterate fag

>thats not true at all, he was like a brother to the starks
Robb flat out tells him that he is not a Stark

>He doesnt read, must mean he cant read
Good thing you didnt become a scientist

He didn't accept their acceptance.
Though there are no psychologists in Westeros, he didn't want to have Stockholm Syndrome. Also the Stark family culture is totally antithetical to Ironborn culture. He had a lot of cognitive dissonance to work through. He chose badly.

>In the books
and how is this relevant, again?

TV Theon is too ugly, in the books he's handsome so people liking him makes more sense

that scene doesn't invalid my point at all. Theon had an identity crisis but he chose Balon instead of Ned. He made a mistake. The books back me up in what I am saying. Theon wanted to be a Stark but they didn't accept him. Maybe Robb took him as a brother but Cat hated him, Sansa disliked him, the people living in winterfell looked at him with disdain. Ned only took him to do his duty and never particularly loved him.

The evil chair told him to

Attached: Seastone_Chair.jpg (600x480, 77K)

>The books back me up
We are discussing the show not the books, they are both very different and you should feel silly for thinking this was a book board

because Theon betrayed Robb in season 2 wheb they still were adapting the books? we are talking ACoK, not ASoS or AFfC. its the freaking second book.

>The Starks only killed his brothers
after they rebelled
>, dragged him away from his family,
to prevent the niggers of Westeros (ie the Ironborn) from trying another rebellion

post your face

I mean he explains it right there
youtu.be/Cr93XCO151c

"Family"
it is a common thing though out the show when it comes to people making stupid mistakes.

are you people retarded?

Jealous? I could get any girl I want if I ever decided to try

Attached: Me 23.jpg (225x225, 10K)

>I must win the approval of my abusive father!
It's pretty clearly showed and it's quite a popular thing among (mostly young) men in the real world.

there is no indication that the starks kids ever showed a particular love for Theon except for Robb. If its canon that Sansa treated Jon like shit according to their season 6 conversation at the wall, what makes you think he didn't treat Theon like shit? Cat hated his guts.

Theon was the best part of season 2

Read the book.

His dads refused to accept him as a man and made fun of his dress. also don't help his hand smell like his sisters pussy.

Attached: wonwon.jpg (1550x783, 648K)

He was drowned when he visited the Iron Islands so, like all ironborn, he was probably brain damaged.

no reason
bad writing since the beginning
grrm a shit
simple as

Yea Forums autists can't comprehend people feeling conflicted

Blood is everything in most per-industrial cultures. Siding with someone other than your blood kin would be a huge deviation from expected norms, and since he was on an island surrounded by his blood kin at the time and was never a strong willed individual to begin with, it was unlikely he was going to take a stand and side with his former captors against his biological father.

The really funny part is now DaNorf is a sovereign country it is open to endless raids from the iron isles without the protection or jurisdiction of Kings Landing.
Soon the whole north will cry
>SHAVE ME SHANSHA

Theon Greyjoy was the most interesting character and Alfie Allen was one of the best actors. Fight me.

They cut down every tree on the isles to build Euron's fleet and his fleet got destroyed, so it's going to be a long while before they have any ships to raid with.

I don't remember a character who JUST'd so hard after a betrayal like him.
Any form of execution is a light weight punishment to the shit Ramsay did to him and not letting him die.

He didnt swore a oath to House Stark. He was not a betrayer, Its his father who take decisions and Rob was dumb.

He did well playing a character that was a sniveling worm 90% of the time and literally got told off by wildlings and peasants.

Attached: greyjoy.jpg (500x730, 60K)

>did ... betrayed
illiterate baboon

remember his speech for the iron borns
shit was kino
what is dead may never die
youtube.com/watch?v=HaU_VpMu0cE