Let's say that both Rohan and Gondor are defeated (Saruman wins at Helm's Deep...

Let's say that both Rohan and Gondor are defeated (Saruman wins at Helm's Deep, Sauron storm Minas-Tirith) and both Sauron and Saruman are victorious.
Who would win in the inevitable showdown between the Two Towers?
Also, for the sake of argument, let's assume that Sauron doesn't have the ring (no one does).

Attached: 0 Mme6CdKfPU2kVD7w.jpg (1600x957, 455K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uruk-hai
youtube.com/watch?v=sSmBwYFHhr0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sauron still wins. He was playing Saruman like a fiddle the entire time.

reddit

>ents coming to fuck Saruman's shit up
>Sauron has orcs all over Isengard
>Sauron has roughly a million more soldiers
>Saruman has one tower, Sauron has several cities
>Sauron has been wating Saruman's every move, while Saruman is ignorant of much of Sauron's movements
Gee, I wonder.

Uruk Hai are better trained and equpped than Mordor orcs and he could call for Misty Mountain orcs if he needs cannon fodder.

Mordor also has Uruk-Hai.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uruk-hai

Sauron and it's not even remotely close. Isengard vs the remnants of Rohan is child's play compared to Mordor vs Gondor. And Sauron has the Haradrim and the Easterlings at his disposal.

>inevitable showdown between the Two Towers
Brainlet here, I thought they were in cahoots.

It's spelled out that Saruman is under Sauron's control no matter what he thinks. Even if he thinks he's only pretending to be under his control, he's not, he really is under Sauron's control.

Only in the movies. In the books Sauronman just pretended to be in league with Sauron, while also trying to supplant him by getting his hands on the Ring.

I still remember my first read through, when I thought Saruman was going to somehow usurp Sauron's power and become the true villain of the series. So much for that.

Although technically sauron and the wizards are on the same tier of angel creatures, sauron is definitely the most powerful of any of them and the wizards were intentionally nerfed at creation.

Saruman gets crushed like a bug. The legions of Mordor are endless and Saruman without the Ring stands no chance against Sauron.

Better question, is there any human settlement to withstand the armies of Mordor if Gondor fell?

saruman parallels morgoth in a lot of ways, hes the highest of his order but grows greedy and arrogant and desired power for himself and he believed he could use the ring to defeat and replace sauron, he basically teams up with sauron as a means to an end, perhaps like morgoth teams up with ungoliant

the key to sarumans plan was getting the ring first so without it he stands virtually no chance

That's not a better question. The answer is no, that's one of the main points of the plot

>I still remember my first read through, when I thought Saruman was going to somehow usurp Sauron's power and become the true villain of the series. So much for that.

Well he did end up being the final villain.

Gondor barely survived Sauron's first large scale attack, and only because the right things happened with precise timing.

the only thing simillar to that,would be pelargir,but they were too close to the corsairs and almost wiped out.

Attached: pelargir.png (562x462, 697K)

Dol Amroth maybe.

why though? Sauron already owns Saruman via Palantir.

Lol

youtube.com/watch?v=sSmBwYFHhr0

Wait a minute, I thought Uruk-Hai were Orthanc specific orcs with Uruks being the base, nonenhanced versions Saruman made.

Uruk-Hai are like the NBA players of middle earth,specially big uncomon members of an inferior race.
sauronman just made a lot of them.

The ring was Saruman’s only hope of defeating Sauron. Saruman made a gamble, but he essentially lost at the end of the fellowship. Although he didn’t know it, when Frodo crosses the river Anduin is was over for Saruman, one way or another.

Yes

Alternate Middle Earth where the Fellowship failed, Frodo disappeared with the ring, and Gondor and Rohan were destroyed leaving Sauron and Saruman to battle over dominion of the world would be cool to see, a kind of medieval post apocalypse scenario.

The elves would all flee leaving the Men and Dwarves to fend for themselves, what would the Dwarves do, hide in mountains hoping to be left forgotten and hidden? What about Men, would they band up to fight both armies or scatter as far North as possible or some would even side with Saruman out of foolish desperation?

And in the end what would the elves in Valinor do, hoping that the dark hand of Sauron would never reach them, but for how long could they stay safe, especially if some many years after Saruman is wiped out, Sauron finds Frodo/the ring and becomes truly unstoppable, he might find a way to attack Valinor itself

Would be so cool to see this version of the War of the Ring

this is impossible.
sauron is really some kind of weak god and the gods feel responsible for what he is doing.they would go into middle earth and buttfuck him.

valar no longer get involved in middle earth

they sent the wizards.
and eru is who directly makes gollum fall into mount doom with the ring.
they would have raped sauron.

Lame, better is my story, where not even Valinor is safe from Sauron

It’s also theorized to be from a curse Frodo laid on Gollum, using the ring. That or blind chance.

Assuming that, you realize that the great Elf heroes - all of the elves, in fact - who died or left middle earth during the First and Second age are living in Valinor?

Attached: Celery.jpg (1024x576, 146K)

>reading Silmarillion
>trying to remember all names and places
>failing hard even with glossary

Well then that would be a fight to remember

>muh muh palantíri
>this wouldn't happen if I had muh ring
Shadow of War in a nut shell

>The Ring, Talion!
>a perfect ring
>MY ring
>never mind the dead, make mountains of their corpses
>but the RING my boy

Attached: crispy.jpg (655x731, 136K)

in purely material terms
Sauron controls pretty much all of the east, Saruman would've had control over the lands west of the the misty mountains but they're sparsely populated, so Sauron would win
there's no guarantee that Saruman could properly take the power of the ring were he to capture it
as while Sauron and Saruman are both ultimately Maiar Saruman's entity is trapped in a physical body, so most likely Sauron would be more powerful from a magical or whatever point of view
Saruman would've been better off continuing the White Council and supporting Gondor and Rohan while looking for the Ring in secret

>I could crush an entire army if I had MY ring
>Talion have I ever told you how many armies I could smash with muh ring
>You lost my presious ring Talion, some how I didn't realize that Im turning into gollem
>Talion stop helping your own kind fight off extension and help me find MY ring
>Talion, stop staring at Shelob's feet, and GET BACK MY RING
I dropped that game 20 hours in, did I really miss anything?

Attached: 1508436901897.jpg (1200x905, 216K)

>all of the elves
I’m sure Feanor and his sons are going to be chilling in Mandos till judgement day.

Sauron does, he punks Saruman with ease. Even if you think the Uruk-hai and forces under Saruman won't bend to Sauron's will when he exerts it, the Nazgul could get into Orthanc and assassinate Saruman with little difficulty. The Nine would easily overwhelm him, and Sauron has the sheer numbers and a far more secure base of operations

Attached: TheNine.jpg (500x647, 25K)

>sauron is really some kind of weak god
No, he's a lesser angel, a Maiar. Same tier as Gandalf and the wizards, but basically the strongest of the Maiar. He'd be fucked up by any of the Valar, which are archangels, but they don't interfere with middle Earth anymore, sending the wizards was the only resources they were willing to expend on Sauron

Honestly? It's a lot of fun.
Seeking out strong or interesting orcs, capturing them, training them, fighting other powerful orcs, getting yourself better gear/skill synergies, having your orcs fight powerful orcs, it all adds up to a pretty enjoyable pokemon/dynsasty warriors experience.
It could use more visual variation among orcs though, they went a little too hard on the 'unique personality and voicelines' right now about the only thing I have left to do is cook up more Tower+ orcs by getting killed by decoys.

Attached: dreamer_orc.png (1422x758, 2.11M)

>but they don't interfere with middle Earth anymore
The fuck do they do in their mansions?

Attached: 1558073922865.jpg (1536x2048, 398K)

Mordor has an army over 20x larger Sauronman's as well as the command of the militaries of the eastern human armies and trolls, plus the nazgul and northern armies

Nothing but observe and sing the song Eru Illuvitar (God) wrote for them. Last time a Valar decided to do his own thing he became Satan, so they're against that sort of thing now

Do they talk to their elf "guests" or just sing till the end of times?

>Who would win in the inevitable showdown between the Two Towers?
The dwarfs

The Dwarves couldn't even keep control of Moria during a non Sauron backed orc incursion, how the fuck would they be able to resist a focused effort?

>And Sauron has the Haradrim and the Easterlings at his disposal.
Fighting a guerrilla war against the dunlendings yeah i'm thinking they get btfo

Observe and watch. And fuck their spouses I guess, except for Ulmo and Nienna that are volcels.

You think they were trying? They were just fucking around their forces were in the blue moutains.

when I was a kid reading the books I was a brainlet who missed details and imagined minas tirith as a flas city with 7 circular walls all leading to middle. It looked a lot like this minus the water

Yep. The have a bunch of parties with the elves in Valinor, especially the Vanyar, who are the most goodie two shoes of all the elven clans.

>but for how long could they stay safe
forever

They couldn’t keep control of Morai because of the fucking Balrog, not just some shitty orcs.

I can't abide the bamham combat. It's the greatest cancer on the video game industry, worse than micro-transactions and consoles

And the Uruk-Hai would bend to Sauron's will, they would probably turn on Saruman to win his favor

>“Begone, foul Koskinen, commissioner of internal revenue! Leave the income in peace!"

>A cold voice answered: 'Come not between the revenue service and his prey! Or it will not tax thee in thy turn. He will bear thee away to the houses of investigation, beyond all bureaucracy, where thy finances shall be audited, and thy shriveled earnings be left naked before the Department of the Treasury."

Attached: B0ya9D2K_1404172148571gpadd.jpg (948x1250, 759K)

Sauron had the Corsairs attacking in the south along the coast and rivers to tie up some of Gondor's forces. He had the Witch King's forces coming from Minas Morgul. He had another army stationed between Rohan and Gondor to keep the Rohirrim from coming to Gondor's aid. The movie dropped that since it wasn't that important. Another force was laying siege to the Lonely Mountain. He launched multiple attacks against Mirkwood and Lothlórien from Dol Guldur. Even after all that he still had those massive reserves in Mordor itself.

Attached: Mordor.jpg (1592x756, 460K)

I'm not even talking about that, I'm talking about when Azog took it the first time

I think the whole orc army micromanagement part of the game is what kinda turned me off from it. I like the whole find a tougher ally and capture him part. But I guess MGSV burnt me out from that. I should give it another try though, but the goty is around 100gb, idk if I can do it atm.

>Alternate Middle Earth where the Fellowship failed
Wouldn't eventually just turn into pic related? Sauron sounds like Aku minus the sense of humor.

Attached: 172.jpg (1600x1179, 1.33M)

probably