What's the most realistic film gunfight?

what's the most realistic film gunfight?

Attached: HeatColt733-5.jpg (1920x795, 222K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E8oYErfXpoU
youtube.com/watch?v=jdtv99fZhQQ
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1558343492623.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=oEFPcljAXgs
youtu.be/OPb_E_bR6oA
youtube.com/watch?v=goh-ytMvjcw
youtube.com/watch?v=JfokJrYhn5E
youtube.com/watch?v=-FoacS_MKOc
youtube.com/watch?v=SL07Tm9mVoI
youtube.com/watch?v=U02E2sjwlLM
youtube.com/watch?v=HFqVJ9-AbwQ
youtube.com/watch?v=LsrC5QV_Yrc
youtu.be/s135tBomLxc
youtu.be/rV1qDpyyAMo
youtube.com/watch?v=IrJAwCBbnuc
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1558343367574.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the first 20mins of Saving Private Ryan.

Anything from Equilibrium. Theaters had to stop allowing veterans to buy tickets because it caused so many PTSD episodes

The finale of "Copland"

Almost said John Wick, but it´s of course not realistic.
Just ACCURATE?

Way of the gun.

damn is that how they fought in Nam?

/k/ here. Probably John Wick. It has had the best gun play and scenes of all movies I can remember viewing.

Keanu practices a lot and it shows in film while he's handling a firearm.

Attached: 1558154567555.jpg (690x750, 77K)

There's a video of Keanu at a gun range that's kino as fuck.

explain pic bls

Attached: 1528223715774.gif (1372x1024, 800K)

I would watch the shit out of that.

youtube.com/watch?v=jdtv99fZhQQ

Appaloosa

Attached: 1558123600630.jpg (845x853, 89K)

this is it something for americans?

you can drop that thing into an AR15 lower to make it fully automatic

I'm guessing you can stick that on a gun somehow and make it full auto. Never seen it done with a coat hanger though

possibly either a tool for breaking out of prison of]s something for hanging yourself off of whichever is funnier

JW is operator, but not "realistic", dudes run like lemmings at him. Nobody utilizes cover.

Can confirm. I'm a 6'5 Desert Storm veteran and I had to walk out after about thirty minutes.

Sicario

Was this the one where Ed Harris and Viggo Mortensen Mexican stand-off with 4 dudes in a house and everyone gets shot

History of violence?

The most realistic I've seen is in the Mark Wahlberg movie Lone Survivor, the first one.
Realistic doesn't mean fun, tho. It's mostly just a lot of loud noises and running around.

this

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1558343492623.webm

Collateral
>That my briefcase?

youtube.com/watch?v=oEFPcljAXgs

>TFW you realize all WWII kino is effectively jewish propaganda

although politics aside that scene was pretty fucking metal and apparently very accurate

Attached: 1516091495355.png (399x322, 12K)

Do you have more of those pics?

wrong

No country for old men

No one is a sharpshooter, they all bleed, they use cover, they get tired, they get hurt, etc.

to the gate of hell

some of the stuff in triple frontier but what the fuck would i know

This any good?

Exactly.
>That was quick
>Well everyone could shoot
Right here user

Attached: 1542695876078.jpg (816x404, 131K)

On the shores of western Europe.

Shut up faggot frogposter

Thank you

THROUGH THE NAZI LINES

patrician

Dr.Strangelove
youtu.be/OPb_E_bR6oA

The ending battle in the village is the real Kino. I'm so tired of the start of the movie getting all the praise

>realistic

Attached: Heat.webm (1280x534, 1.03M)

The Crow

Lone Survivor is actually pretty good. As shit gets more and more real they make use of smoke and anything else they can find for concealment, because if you cant find cover, at least try to use concealment.
>Hammer doesn't move
Thats weird Michael Mann usually has a good eye for details like that. Curious if there is a way to see if that was a second unit director doing that scene.

Minor discrepancies aside, all in all I do enjoy the Heat shootout.
youtube.com/watch?v=goh-ytMvjcw
The Val Kilmer reload (timecode 3:45) is a great reload with retention as he doesn't just drop the magazine on the floor, but removes and keeps it, which is a realistic idea for the bank robbers despite not being the fastest reload, it ensures they will still maintain the magazine for future use if required, and that it leaves no evidence behind. Both sides use cover, as well as ADVANCE and fire. They maintain fields of fire covering both the advance as well as the rear. It's also a good example of how to handle an ambush. As you should assault THROUGH the ambush. Go toward the ambush and find a way out, don't fall back or you will become enveloped and destroyed.

youtube.com/watch?v=JfokJrYhn5E
144p top quality

Attached: girls and guns.webm (1280x720, 2.24M)

Act of Valor. It was the made by the US Navy lol

Heat sucks. Why does everyone lie? No, it wasn't realistic, are you fucking kidding?

this is a comedy

Attached: Charlie's Angles.webm (1280x532, 2.72M)

Kek

>Wasn't realistic
>Literally use it as a training video for how to move as a unit and maintain suppressive fire in the military

youtube.com/watch?v=-FoacS_MKOc

Isn't crossing someone's line of fire a big no? And coming into a room from a different door while your team mate is clearing hostiles? And when you use someone to flank should they not also receive cover if you have enough people Ben Afflecks death?

Maybe squad tactics aren't what this thread is about but Triple Frontier has a bunch of that wrong

pussy

demi looks better than the other three combined

Eraser

It was pure kino and will never be topped. Shit was perfect.

Attached: a0a.png (504x378, 329K)

The bank robbery scene in Heat is probably the most realistic depiction of a gunfight on film ever. It's the sound of the guns which really makes it so kino; they actually sound ear crushingly loud like they would in real life. Most movies completely overlook this and guns end up sounding too muted.

youtube.com/watch?v=SL07Tm9mVoI

Acting wasn't too hot.

generation kill
elite squad

>>Literally use it as a training video for how to move as a unit and maintain suppressive fire in the military
Thank God you're larping.

Gulf war, Korean war, and Civil war veteran here. Gun Kata was basic training for all recruits.
youtube.com/watch?v=U02E2sjwlLM

hi OIF vet here, care to explain what they do wrong in heat?
If you have any reason to believe something is wrong I can clear it up for you.
If you can't point out problems and explain what is wrong then we know who the larper is.

"Yo homie..." scene from Collateral is apparently used in training by the US military

John Wick 2 when they have the silencer shoot out in the mall and nobody notices. Pure kino.

Watch him not answer now

yea super realistic i see that happen all the time

>OIF vet here
You guys lost the war in Sandworld. Why do you think you can explain what's wrong with gunfights in Heat if you cant even kill a few sand nigs wearing dresses whose best gear is a rusted AK and combat sandals?

Attached: 1466914290325.jpg (252x234, 29K)

18+

youtube.com/watch?v=HFqVJ9-AbwQ

Disregard.

Iraq war veteran here. I left the room and broke down crying.

it is called a failure drill or a "Mozambique drill," though we never used that name.

2 to the chest 1 to the head, two to center mass of the chest should do it and if any form of body armor or drugs are being used you still kill with the head shot to the T-box of the head (A imaginary T drawn from the eyes, through the bridge of the nose and down the nose, as this is the weakest point in the skull)

Attached: t-box.jpg (400x429, 8K)

In jw 1 he shoots through the wall in his home and at the club he shoots the guy's toe to get him out of cover

You’re a fuckin’ loser my man, hope saving Israel was worth it

why not just shoot the t-box first?

Attached: 100 stealth.webm (1024x426, 2.9M)

>as this is the weakest point in the skull
I thought it was because the part of the brain behind the "T" is what controls things like heart beat and other things that cause instant "lights out" deaths.

It was a scene from Person of Interest. The woman in front was pregnant so her doctor wouldn't let her be around blanks, and they didn't know how to simulate guns shooting for some reason.

based and accurate

>Most movies completely overlook this and guns end up sounding too muted.
I blame the fact that sound editors these days rely way to much on sound libraries rather than recording sounds themselves so they have no refference to how loud a gun is and look up youtube videos with compressed sound and microphone compression as reference.

I've seen some pretty abysmal examples lately where the dialoge is as loud as the gunfire.

And I hate the fact that all movies have very loud and audible weapon mechanics (slides and hammer clicks) layered in which is only (barely) audible to the person handling the gun from behind.

Guns are fucking loud and should be the loudest thing in the scene besides explosions.

used to rewatch this scene all the time aside from small shit like him not using the sights in some scenes its p. gud

you know why they had to hide in crowds and in mosques full of women and children? Because they lost every stand up firefight they ever got into, and we couldn't blow up a mosque without 18 months of approval.
>rusted AK and combat sandals
don't need anything more than some speaker wire, 2 saw blades, a battery, an artillery shell, and a pair of 2 liter bottles filled with gas and you can take out a vehicle full of soldiers (also why we couldn't throw away wires, batteries, or large bottles, the fuckers would use anything to kill us so we had designated spots to dispose of certain things). They only ever used AK's when they thought they could shoot one of us then run away.
>OIF ended 9 years ago

only retards will hate this

>just turn ur brain off lol

We spend trillions of dollars on these soldiers and all they come back with are excuses.

Attached: Operate.jpg (1024x683, 197K)

yes the important bits are behind the T but also firing at different areas of the head can actually not penetrate. Bullets at certain angles and distances can skim across the skull. the higher up you go the thicker the skull generally is. Your forehead is much thicker than than the bridge of your nose for example. Also the T box is the center mass of the head, and you always aim center mass to make sure you hit.

Too small of a target. Go for center of mass for a better chance to hit and follow up if needed

glad to see you went and did something about it, oh wait.

>Planes ex machina

Shut up faggot

>Bullets at certain angles and distances can skim across the skull.
You're saying that again. But i'm having a hard time buying it. I'm gonna go with the brainstem/r-complex destruction thing that makes people go limp stops them from pulling triggers :P

I did. I refused to join a bullshit war for oil that would just create more enemies and only enrich fat cat faggots.

im so confused by the double tap or 2-to-the-chest-1-to-head stuff i always here. isn't the targets t-box going to be a harder target after he's been hit in the chest and probably flailing backwards and falling over?!

>I decided to be a coward, and let others die for me.
we don't go to war for oil, or to make others rich, we go to protect the other man we are there with. If I die but save my 11 other squad members, I made a difference. If I kill the man that would have killed a friend, I made a difference, and finally If I go and change hearts and minds so the next generation doesn't grow up hating us I made a difference.
We wound up interacting with the locals alot, and they were, for the most part, thankful for us being there. We trained the local police and military force before we were removed. The problem is that when we Left ISIL and later ISIS threatened those soldier's and policeman's families. We did them a disservice by leaving, because they had nobody to turn to when we were gone. No help was coming and they were vastly outnumbered by people taught to hate us. I truly hate that more than any oil argument. We gave them a taste of independence and freedom, and left, and when we did that independence left with us. We let those people down.

>100 gun duels
>gunfighter A only shoots head first
>gunfighter B only shoots body first
>gunfighter loses majority of fights due to missed shots and too much time spent aiming
>gunfighter B fucks A's wife.

Attached: hamilton was a bitch.jpg (600x457, 112K)

I didnt read that wall of bullshit past greentext. I'm surprised you thought anyone would. Armed forces in afganifag/iraq didnt die for anyone except rich faggots bottom lines. There was nothing for the american public to gain from wars with Tuskan Raiders. Here's a tip dumbshit. If your politicans declare a war on a CONCEPT (terrorism, communism) rather than a direct and concrete thing on earth, then you're being defrauded. Dumb bitch.

Attached: ignore the watermark friend.jpg (928x1300, 78K)

It's coming, and you won't be spared.

Attached: Day of the Rake.webm (800x450, 2.83M)

>the first 5 times you watch SPR you think that the D-Day opening scene is the most gutwrenching of the film
>after the fifth time, you finally realize that the Ramelle ending battle scene is the most gutwrenching

This changes war forever...

Attached: rrrr.gif (257x212, 2.91M)

>canada
I would talk about how you are a faggot because you are canadian, but at least the Canadian forces that were in Iraq with us understood what I was talking about. Oh wait, did you forget Canada took part in that war on terror? Maybe you should get educated on your own country before assuming it was only americans there.

This faggot leaf is right. You signed up to fight for your homeland but get sent to fight for money.
There is no stronger proof than the fact that you aren't allowed to protect our border but are allowed to invade Iran as far as the "elites" are concerned.

Wanted

Good edits to make the movie look like shit, I keked

Just once I want to see people get disoriented and have trouble hearing after a handgun fires in an elevator or small room. Feel like it would be kino.

I'd love to but, gammy leg

Attached: mandrake21.jpg (631x480, 59K)

>you cant even kill a few sand nigs

Attached: 9 to 1 bodycount.jpg (602x387, 22K)

Some movies have scenes like that. Can't think of specific one off the top of my head but I know I have seen it.

I've got dual citizenship faggot. Canadian and Kryptonian. And despite me talking to you is like me explaining something to an ant, i'll humor you.
>There is something wrong with lashing out in anger and spending 100,000billion pesos to blow up an opium farmers lean-to
>But there's nothing wrong in respecting alliances and following your friends to war.
not that canada and american are much friends anymore.

Attached: alitanotimpressed.png (905x800, 2.77M)

No it's dead wrong. The timescale of how long the landings actually took is completely whack.
I get they have to condense things for film and it works as entertainment but it's nowhere near realistic.

Not to mention most areas and even entire beaches had no resistance.

>$6 Trillion for US total spending on war
>37500 dead sand nigs
>US spent $160,000,000 to just kill 1 sand nig
This is called losing. HARD

i unironically have more admiration for the leaf than your traitorous ass. if actually you upheld your oath you would have marched straight into Congress on gone full Tarrant on those kikes.

Nice moving the goalposts libtard.

When I was in the army the Training NCO said we should watch Heat.

Why did we just nuke that fucking place.

When I was a young lad, I remember walking with my father at sundown on a summer day. We were talking about war movies, and he told me he once asked a veteran what movie he found to be the most realistic representation of war, and he said Full Metal Jacket. I don't know why I always remembered this, but now that I'm older, is it really true? I haven't seen that many war movies, can anyone give me their opinions? Is it Das Boot maybe? Platoon?

Public Enemies had some good ones, bullets actually blowing through furniture and shit

>Autism
I gave you the benefit of the doubt before. But right now you're saying that you believed that I was saying there were ZERO Tuskan Raider kills by US forces? Are you seriously that fucking stupid? Reading comprehension kid, go work on it.

Benecio stovepiping his shotgun and immediately clears it out, is so goddamn quick and wasn’t part of the scene.

Attached: 1557460156164.jpg (800x1228, 173K)

>can't kill a few sandnigs
>Killed 37,000
Just admit you made a stupid point and stfu. Did you think killing more sandnigs would have won the war? Stupid fuck.

Most if that was spent on air conditioning and setting up entire food courts. Not to mention cocaine and hookers for the pool parties in the Green Zone.

OIF is a strange war.

This

Attached: 1558274433498.jpg (677x678, 180K)

You actually believe the argument you were going into was "This person believes there were zero enemy combat deaths". I'm speechless. You are the dumbest fuck on this website. It's incredible.

was air conditioning a tactical/strategic necessity? or was it just kind of a "Richy Rich uses dads money to go hunting on safari" kind of thing?

Stop posting at plebbit and see a therapist.

back to /pol/ wehraboo

/k/ would lose their minds over this

>Come under artillery fire
>go deaf for the rest of your life

Attached: come and see.png (1280x800, 652K)

only noguns will think this is any way realistic

/thread
Yes. Great movie.

Fuck off summerfag

It's a "contracting companies need money" type of thing. The MIC meme is no meme.

Top quality bait

There’s a video of Ubisoft devs recording their own sound library for their games with a bunch of recording equipment outside with the actual guns, with and without suppressors

Yeah it's what i figured.

>And I hate the fact that all movies have very loud and audible weapon mechanics (slides and hammer clicks) layered in which is only (barely) audible to the person handling the gun from behind.
i can't stand this. but i guess general audiences can't be trusted to be fully aware of a gun in a scene without audio cues.

Well it would vary a lot, but I think FMJ was accurate to a lot of experiences in Vietnam specifically.
Sporadic combat, snipers, patrols rather than an established front line.

Not that user but it might be my favorite movie

Are you calling him a werewolf weaboo?

Strangely enough, Black Hawk Down (2001) had a very accurate depiction of the events, even down to the helicopter pilot one-arming an MP5 at Somalis running at him in the open.

The Somalis had no formal training or combat experience, and rarely utilized cover effectively. Those scenes of them just running around in the open and spraying bullets haphazardly? fuckin happened

Attached: Black_Hawk_Down.jpg (660x368, 53K)

it's actually pretty sad how those eternal cracked out boys who can't even think to aim their weapons get pushed into the grinder

I AM THE GOD OF HELLFIRE

not much of a gun fight. would have been nice to see him go up against LEOs even though local swat team would have wrecked his shit real quick

Oh please. If they bombed a mosque you'd be the first one hashtagging on the twatters about war crimes.

Attached: Wanted.gif (435x250, 2.66M)

Stunned for a moment, and if they drop that's fine

>because bombing mosques is a great way of winning the war.
This kind of thinking is why the US cant even beat pygmies.

Sicario had a pretty realistic gunfight in it during the shootout at the border

>if you kill your enemies they win

Attached: trudeau.jpg (625x417, 47K)

You tossed that (you) at the wrong guy. I'm the guy saying the us forces were a bunch of bitches that couldnt kill enough enemy combatants. if it was meant for me then you're a faggot retard.

>that line of bullet holes on the wall
kek
otherwise pretty good

Attached: 1519280367236.jpg (1133x2015, 112K)

Attached: Seagal on a hoverboard.webm (1280x720, 191K)

Drop in auto sear (makes bangs happen fastly).
The bolt returning forward presses on the hump to disengage the trigger and release the hammer.

>he thinks we haven't seen it

this is the most realistic gun fight
youtube.com/watch?v=LsrC5QV_Yrc

>Thats weird Michael Mann usually has a good eye for details like that
Mighta been a nongun for that take. Pointing anything gunlike at an actor's face at that distance is stupid fucking dangerous. Flashpaper, blanks, whatever.

what movie

This movie has the most realistic gun fights I've ever seen in any movie.

No one intelligently ducking behind cover, no CQC idiocy, pop pop pop and it's all really determined whether you're seen or heard.

Attached: 1.jpg (206x305, 23K)

>This any good?

Copland is fucking great.

it’s hot as fuck over there man

How do the ragheads deal with it?

By smelling like dogshit all day

so it's a Ritchy Rich thing then. Why do soldiers have to smell good? They waiting to get back to camp and fuck the tranny soldiers?

black, he looks like eddie murphy

Attached: 1531269858614.png (222x293, 148K)

i don't really see a problem besides the absence of recoil and the weird circling the chick on the right does

>Charlie's Angles

you're pretty good

is that a zumba disk with a razor blade attached

Attached: 1552979146828.jpg (311x371, 91K)

What are you expecting when the cast are real SEALs?

may God bless the us military and the brave heros that serve

>welfare queens trying to swing their dicks around
CRINGE

Attached: file.png (395x500, 292K)

why don't we have a Normandy simulator/VR experience yet
surely that'd be something to go through

This is the correct answer. Fucking flawless execution, no matter he practiced for 40 straight hours to get it right.

yeah but cinema sins told me tom hanks never reloaded his machine gun

I'm a combat wounded veteran, and this is the only answer.

Attached: Based Shootout.webm (1094x452, 2.8M)

Kys jew

Attached: Based Shootout2.webm (1094x452, 2.86M)

bro, nearly everybody dies. it's a Pyrrhic victory at best

Attached: Based Shootout3.webm (1094x452, 2.9M)

So, NOT without incident?

Attached: john preston.jpg (640x368, 11K)

Holy shit I've never smelled such a never served larper in my life. Your lies are a disservice to your country and those you deign to love. Fuck right off you never hero, you. Otherwise, 10/10 bait but fuck your mother's pussy in any case

The one where the bad guys miss with all their shots, except that token one to the good guys shoulder, and the good guy kills them all

youtu.be/s135tBomLxc

what film?

Attached: People actually attempt to stop Segal.webm (1280x720, 2.78M)

This seems like a genuinely interesting concept, lets crowdfund it with our autismbux

Haven't met many who have seen it, and it's not particularly good in any other aspect, but the end sequence of the The Veteran (2011) might actually be some of the best weapon handling in any movie

youtu.be/rV1qDpyyAMo

Attached: the veteran (2011).png (800x430, 514K)

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.

Can't recommend it enough.

Forgot to add that if you count shots in relation to reloads, it's pretty accurate

Can any anons help me find a webm or the movie it's from, posted ages ago? I only have a vague description

>Chinese movie
>One of the dudes is sitting down
>Gunfight begins very abruptly and is over in seconds
>Very underdone, very realistic
>One guy gets shot in the stomach and just sort of pitches forward
>It's over before it even starts

I know that's a vague description which is frustrating because I can see it so perfectly in my head but idk how to put it in words. I want to say the room they were in was pink or greenish or some wes-andersony looking color

There were no smash cuts or anything, the "choreography" looked like something you'd see on LiveLeak

I'm certain it was an asian film and I distinctly remember it being posted in a "realistic gunfights" thread although i dont remember if it was on Yea Forums or /wsg/, I distinctly remember a couple anons arguing over how realistic it was that the guy who got shot in the stomach just pitched over and died

Why are their guns so inaccurate

>have gun
>better not back away while pointing it at the person I want to hurt with it

t. never served

Apparently this film is what Stephen Paddock (the Vegas shooting guy) studied to get all his tactics from which enabled him to commit the worst massacre in American history.

The Raid?
Never actually seen it because it's so hard to find and I'm too lazy to find a download

that 50:1 ratio didn't come from nowhere, man is it horrifying though

I don't think so, I've seen most of the fight scenes from The Raid. This was a lot less "action packed"

The best thing about that scene is that it represent human fallibility. That we are not all perfect shots. That gunfights are chaotic, imperfect, and far from the outcome we desire.

Known some of the best shooters/ground-pounders in the world, and we all error in circumstances never faced before. Every engagement is a unique situation, that further doesn't allow you to follow Standard Operating Procedure or the best practices of the occupation. It is a mixed bag in any engagement, some work out, and some don't.

It is a game of luck as much as it is a game of skill. Most times lucky, while sometimes not.

Attached: IMG_0159.jpg (640x480, 92K)

How old do you think the movie was?

youtube.com/watch?v=IrJAwCBbnuc

I loved the fact that dude got startled and sent one flying for the roof

I was just sitting here wracking my brain trying to think about that. Definitely no older than the 90s, I'd confidently guess the 00s, but the 10s are possible.

Definitely east asian, too, not indonesian like the raid. Chinese Korean or Japanese (in order of most to least likely)

You're a moron. He stood in a room and shot out of a windo - as we've been told - we have no idea. That has nothing at all to do with anything featured onscreen, presented thematically, or philosophically. Pulled directly from your ass. You know? The local sperm bank.

way to show your arrogance

Stop larping you faggot, gunfights are chaotic but that shitty scene took it to a ridiculous level of retardation.

Weak people fear the truth

I can't get enough of the way Keanu moves in the John Wick films. Kinda hunched over holding his pistol high with both hands, kino as fuck

Attached: John-Wick-Chapter-2-john-wick-40231557-300-160.gif (300x160, 588K)

PLEASE ATF I COULDNT SEE THE THUMBNAIL FAST ENOUGH BEFORE I OPENED THE PICTURE, I LOVE MY DOG PLEASE

>i dont see a problem besides two huge problems

it's the only way to stop you monsters, it has to be done

Probably this.

Attached: SaltyBitesizedDungbeetle-size_restricted[1].gif (435x250, 1.93M)

It was based in historical evidence of that actual shootout that occurred. It is an event that is documented in primary source accounts.

Also, I don't need to LARP. Photo I posted is me, and I've played the big-boy game. Can you say the same?

Attached: iraq 044.jpg (2592x1944, 883K)

civie here
what's up with the red tip

it was very unrealistic, but at least they admitted that they did this for cinematic reasons

cringe

I know you are but what is he?

>I liked the big boy boots

Congrats on the welfare I guess.

Every 4th or so round is a tracer

God damn I hate that fucking movies action. It is so out of place in a serious war movie.

Tracer round

what it do?
so you can see where you're shooting?
or is it like for counting ammo

tracer?

I thought Full Metal Jacket where half the time they’re just firing into empty buildings, not knowing if they’re hitting anything or not was probably pretty realistic.

All the other anons that responded are right.
As compared to you? Without a doubt, I'd rather be me than you.
Get some new material, you anons spouting the same shit over and over doesn't make you right by default.

Attached: 100_0033.jpg (2848x2134, 1.07M)

not omaha you dunce

that's real modern warfare. watch any helmet cam from iraq or afghanistan and it's all fpptage of some scared twenty something rapid firing into the horizon, unless it's seal team raid footage, which is hardly more coherent. fact is, it just doesn't work out like it does in the movies because you need the enemies in frame

Did you ever get an actual visual of an enemy combatant? I know it's pretty rare in combat, especially against an insurgency.

Attached: Squad.webm (640x360, 1.41M)

John wick uses very realistic and modern techniques, but the enemies he fights are often retarded. In fact watching john wick movies is pretty much like watching a real operator (albeit a somewhat idealized one) fight hollywood mooks. It's pretty interesting if you view it that way.

>that's real modern warfare

Mostly yes, it depends on the scenario. Syria has had a lot of dirty up close fighting. Watch ISIS combat videos and you will see some crazy combat footage with people fighting in close combat.

>John wick uses very realistic and modern techniques

hahaha, there is nothing realistic about those movies.

>In fact watching john wick movies is pretty much like watching a real operator (albeit a somewhat idealized one)

Next thing you're going to say that Kung Fu is a viable martial arts.

Can't you at least get some new bait? I swear I've seen some welfare queen larping about being an operator and how "REAL" that shitty scene from that garbage cowboy movie is before

No one ever mentions it but the rescue scene at the end of Proof of Life was very realistic

*ahem*

Attached: war.webm (854x480, 2.9M)

>the helicopter pilot one-arming an MP5 at Somalis running at him in the open.
It's possible that moment causes him mental distress to this day.

It's very stylized, but he mostly just does jiujitsu and barrel jabs to the throat when people get really close.
I mean, one of the scenes it literally just inspired by the 3 gun sport.

these people get dirtier than americans do. this kind of action is totally foreign to the average american military member in a combat role

>but he mostly just does jiujitsu and barrel jabs to the throat when people get really close.

Yes but that has nothing to do with reality.

3 gun is nigh on useless in real combat scenarios

Well doing it to their throat is like best case scenario, most of what he does is like if a pro sports shooter went into a gunfight and got everything right.
As for barrel jabs, one of the real operators he trained with taught him to do it as he entered rooms
Yeah, it's a sport. There was still a scene based on it. No one was trying to say it's super realistic, just that everything has a basis in real operator stuff, or real sports shooting stuff, or real martial arts.

LMAO which one is this from? I only saw the first john dick

Attached: 1558035431198.jpg (840x828, 59K)

It makes it look like you're shooting laser beams, which is important for style points.

Twice. Shot one guy, maybe another.

In the city, engagement ranges were normally under 100 meters. They would hide in alleyways and normally shoot at us from there. Our biggest thing was get out of their kill-zone, those that intiate contact typically have the advantage, and they did. Nearly every time, we didn't see who was shooting us. Got support from Kiowa Bros twice, and they say what we couldn't. They got them.

You can think it is bait all you want, makes no difference to me. I know what we did.

Attached: Tal Afar Castle .jpg (2848x2134, 1.24M)

Can you tell me about what happened when you got a confirmed kill?

what kind of dessert do you usually get while out there

Why in the earth would you assault through the ambush if there is nothing preventing you from using covering fire and backing off. This coming from god tier Finnish army reservist.

wtf flying bots

Because you don't even know what the full extent of the ambush is, hence it being an ambush

>Based

I'd post that cam pin and firing pin meme if I had it saved, but I do not.

hahaha, there is nothing realistic about those movies.

You're wrong, he doesn't move or behave like a real soldier of any kind, but that doesn't mean the things he does aren't realistic.

He's like a superhero version of a gunfighter. He uses real gun fighting techniques and his weapons handling is perfect, but he moves through fights unrealistically fast, and makes unrealistically few errors.

Contrast and compare to basically any other movie, where they don't even reload their guns, don't use cover, etc etc.

Counting ammo and it lights up where you're shooting. The problem is it means you're easier to see as well.

>Rash B

It wasn't a confirmed kill, just was able to observe that I shot the guy. If I did get the other guy, he's dead. Saw his face in my sights when I took the shot. It was a hectic TIC, and we left without being able to count our kills.

Attached: 1TPID.png (1366x728, 75K)

So you are assuming the way you just minutes ago came from and is the only way you are not being fired from is not safer option than rushing blindly into the fire. Maybe. What the hell do i know i just remember practicing over and over again being ambushed and always backing off to that direction which we were not being fired from.

>and is the only way you are not being fired from
When was that established?

Shut up retard armchair general. Real life scenarios are not like you train in your finish exercises.

tfw you didn't get killed in the city, but got shelled by mortar when you were chilling in the airbase

Well if you are being fired from all around you there isnt even really anywhere to fall back like was being said in the original post so i just assumed that there was a sector to fall back. Sure if rounds are coming from everywhere then you kind of have to push through.

how can thugs with handgun even compete? shoot and communicate?

they could try not running towards him like a retard
the last few dudes got the right idea and had the drop on him

you like watching him reloads?

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1558343367574.webm

dude, you are not thinking military, man.

Attached: file.png (460x268, 160K)

Sauce me, senpai

what the flying FUCK did I just watch

Shut up, boot.

Keep seething mutt.

oooo shit, i haven't seen 3 yet. super fucking hyped

One of the tensest scenes of all time. And the gunfight was very realistic. An elite squad like that would have full control, and so they did. The cartel guys never had a chance, and therefore was executed in a second once they raised their guns. Movie making at it’s best

Attached: 91545717-24B0-4DE7-8383-FA9A629BF628.jpg (1280x720, 84K)

This.

John Wick 2

Shitty movie full of chink chonk people..

underrated

This was actually really well done. got to see it in cinema and was probably sweating the whole time

the guns arent innacurate at that range. They're just taking too many impulse shots hoping to get the other guy fast. handguns are EASY to miss shots with.

yeah its a kino experience par excellence

lads could sly have been a legit actor? his performances even in his bad films sometimes show glimpses of something greater. also Demolition Man is on a level with Terminator 2 as action kino

Lol just point and shoot faggot. It looks fucking easy.

>windo
your keyboard doesn't have a w key?

That movie sucks dick, and it's shootout scenes are hollywood-ized trash.

Common is legit one of the worst fucking actors to every grace the silver screen. He runs every movie he's in. Wss really looking forward to John Wick 3.

because theyre having a gunfight in a tiny room full of the noise of men panicking and shooting guns, absolutely full of adrenaline, using guns which had to be manually cycled after every shot and by design had to be held in one hand, guns that weighed almost 3 pounds and had poor ergonomics. at that point you're not trying to shoot accurately youre trying to shoot first on every cyclinder. theyre not aiming down sights, theyre not holding the guns steadily, theyre just roughly pointing and shooting with shaking limbs.

you can see at the end of the webm just how disruptive the action of cycling one of those guns is. and hes not shooting it one handed because hes injured, thats how its done either way

Realistic post-cold War combat.
Taking cover and shoot gorillonz of bullets. Didn't the average in Iraq go up to 5000 bullets per enemy killed? Similar thing with Russia to fuck up chechens. I read a soldiers account of 1999 there and they ended up destroying the buildings with their rifles rather than shoot the insurgents.
The typical western soldier suffers more damage from noise and smoke than from impact wounds.

Same here.

During the scene, not a sound, and just after the scene, you could hear the people breathing again.

What movie

>let me operator dive jump into cover into this well here
>AAAAAAAA

My headcanon is that everyone in that scene was also an assassins and therefore didn't care about the shooting taking place

Damn, I should rewatch that.
My little brother really liked it when it came out. He was 8 or 9. God knows why, he wasn't interested in girls in any way.
I recently discovered his dvd. My plan is to edge over the course of the whole movie and then blow my load during the credit scene where they wash the car. r8

As a bonus watch the thug on the right and how he struggles to get his pistol out even with his hand resting on it. Under stress you freak out and panic, either your gun catches on part of your clothes or you can't clear the holster.

I took a force on force class at a shooting range some years ago and the instructor showed us this video, pointing that part out to us - and sure as hell we all made this mistake during the class.

Whats the name of the movie?

Filename

CHARLIE'S ANGELS
IT'S IN THE FUCKING FILENAME

Attached: 1520357634450.jpg (480x362, 16K)

A Villeneuve movie called Sicario

For unknow reasons you cant see webm filenames while phoneposting

The last scene with silencer definitely ruins the realistic part though

Triple frontier disappointed me with how unrealistic their fights were

>phoneposting

Literally saw a firefight like this one the way to work

>police start shootout and fire in general direction of civilians in order to protect the money

sounds realistic alright

They were shot at first you dipshit

Thats hilarious

Have you even watched the scene?
Police are forming up, when Val Kilmer's character spots them and opens fire. Police will always respond in kind in that situation.

Broken arrow

How about the chick on the right firing literally centimetres from left's ear

Yes, I watched it and saw the shots afterward showing the on foot chase and they're literally shooting toward civilians.

>police will always respond in that kind of situation
shut the fuck up

This wasn't too bad.

watch their trigger fingers too

Tarnak Farm 2008 vet here. I'll never forget how my instructor bent us like newborns and fired live rounds at us until we could do the splits and pirouette flawlessly without effort. Saved my ass from Taliban bullets but fucked me up mentally with PTSD for life. Just the other day some guy honked his horn at me in traffic and I didn't remember anything until I was halfway through a double salchow kicking him in the face.

Kung fu panda got brutal

unironically this - generally, people are very bad at shooting at each other

Attached: freefire.jpg (1280x960, 249K)

>police will always respond in that kind of situation

That's not what I said, you jackass.
They will return fire when fired upon. Shit, this is American cops as well, which are far more likely to draw and fire if any officers are in danger.

whats the story? Why did a kid get him?

I think but not sure I think his mate got killed by the british "redneck" gang people so he got pissed and shot them all and he didn't want to kill a kid and probably wanted to die anyway

End of taxi driver. Just a bunch of mooks yelling, grunting and stumbling arounf.

>4 guys down and out in only six shots

I don't think so.

4 shots in one guy still gives him enough time to walk a good 20 feet before they collapse from blood loss. You gotta figure 5-7 shots per dude to take them down immediately like that.

>DUDE, what if we took wikipedia articles about le epic historical moments and made le epic metal songs about them!

I think real life army training is a bit more real than a movie though.
t. another Finnish conscript :--DD

Attached: 1525890269823.jpg (1920x1440, 345K)

could that be...a weapon to surpass metal gear?

Attached: snek.jpg (640x960, 86K)

not very realistic. real leos would just wait and follow the suspects back to their safehouse and then raid it. way too much civilians/lawsuits in the way to have a shootout in rush hour traffic like this