You are given the ability to cast a producer and director for Tolkien’s legendary Silmarillion...

You are given the ability to cast a producer and director for Tolkien’s legendary Silmarillion. Who do you choose and why? Also are there even any directors, studios or writers who could give this book the love it needs to be a featured film or tv show? In our modern society, can Tolkien’s motifs be told without taint?
Here is a part in the early stages of the book. The scene is set with Fingolfin, lord of the Noldor, seeking vengeance and fury against the black enemy. He rides swiftly through his own ranks, and the decimation that has befallen his kin.

In that vast shadow once of yore
Fingolfin stood: his shield he bore
with field of heaven's blue and star
of crystal shining pale afar.
In overmastering wrath and hate
desperate he smote upon that gate,
the Gnomish 1 king, there standing lone,
while endless fortresses of stone
engulfed the thin clear ringing keen
of silver horn on baldric green.
His hopeless challenge dauntless cried
Fingolfin there: 'Come, open wide,
dark king, your ghastly brazen doors!
Come forth, whom earth and heaven abhors!
Come forth, O monstrous craven lord,
and fight with thine own hand and sword,
thou wielder of hosts of banded thralls,
thou tyrant leaguered with strong walls,
thou foe of Gods and elvish race!
I wait thee here. Come! Show thy face!'

Attached: 8475A535-446C-412B-A15F-A8B3CA11DD13.jpg (381x448, 77K)

Lars von Trier for director.

multiple directors for it is a tv show not a single movie. we will use all manner of interesting techniques to tell the story including shadow puppetry, noh theatre, hand drawn animation and CGI. the showrunner will of course be me.

nerd

Typical vappa

That black kid from disney wars. He directs and all the elves are black.

Attached: 112332123.jpg (254x198, 8K)

Unfilmable. Could only be animated and would need to be at least 36 hour long episodes.

I haven't even read any of them but I think this is a good idea. Lord of The Rings would have been better if it had time to focus on the smaller moments, and the way the Hobbit handled this by making three long and super serious movies was retarded. Each book should be a mini series.

It is better left untainted by hollywood

How do you even cast for something of this scope?

I don't care who. Just make sure it's a poc woman.

idris

fingolfin is black - wesley snipes

i dont really know what the script would be like,its not really one cohesive narrative and it jumps around a lot between different stories and there are time skips of hundreds and even thousands of years

Rian Johnson :)

I'll make it an animated series and cast Genndy Tartakovsky. Dimes

I get the original crew from the Lord of the Rings + Hobbit movies.
The Hobbit could've been great if not for the studio. Peter Jackson was the one who made it actually watchable

How the fuck would it even work?

I couldn't understand anything in that weird ass gay book.

Its sad that he got fucked cause Del Taco up and dropped everything and he had to cobble it together on set

I can get behind this.

>no man can defeat me
>"i am no man!"
>no white can defeat me!
>"I am no white!"
>No Jewish woman with a vagina can defeat me, he he he
>*displays cock

Attached: darkrider-looks.gif (480x201, 1.52M)

Attached: 1558169090930.png (645x729, 216K)

I don't chose anyone, I return and tell them it cannot be adapted except in an animated series, and even then it'd be a monumental undertaking because of the amount of groundwork and worldbuilding you'd need to do in comparison to Tolkien's other works

Nothing in the book made any sense. It was like a weird autistic dream.
"the universe began with music"
um, what?

I cancel the show because some things are better left untouched.

I didn't know it was possible to see someone with a gormless expression on their face through the internet until you wrote this user

Attached: Idunwantit.jpg (1200x800, 83K)

I'd give it to David Lynch or Peter Jackson
Studio would be hard but id go with HBO since D&D will be busy ruining star wars
If you really wanted you could go with an animation studio and just have A listers come in to VA the characters

The silmarillion is extremely dumb. How would you even depict that in film?
"at the beginning there was nothing"
Um, so what? you just show a black screen and then suddenly have a weird sound that makes stuff suddenly appear and have this weird rose blossom effect or whatever?

That sounds fucking dumb as hell.

The whole book is full of stupid boring shit. "and then the seas of whatever opened up and from the depths came bla bla bla, and five men rode out from the keep of muthathahta and they had a merry time but saw a bird"

Boring and stupid.

Attached: dickgirlbase1.jpg (769x429, 20K)

make all the male elves black
make all the females white

>David Lynch

ahahhahahahahahahahahahaha

"if you didn't understand the most vague movie ever made based on the most vague book ever made then I'm not going to explain it to you".

Yeah that sounds fun.

You have AIDS in your butt.

Jeff Bezos will produce because he will throw as much money as it takes to satisfy his nerd fantasy.

Director will be Yoshiaki Kawajiri (ninja scroll) because it will be animated. If its an anime then most normies will stay away and that's of the upmost importance. Naohito Takahashi (director of 1997 Berserk) would also work.

If it has to be live action though I guess I'd give it to Peter Jackson. Hobbit trilogy was disappointing but if he had the time and planning he did for LOTR it should turn out alright.

>I want to make an anime
Have sex, weebs.

*Eye roll*

Make melkor orange with trump hair

Tolkien is a hack and only dicklet virgins think otherwise

I make it documentary style with Sam narrating. Some parts of the film will be old school animation to contrast the difference between the Valar and middle earth. Get the LoTR cast back for all thier final moments in the series (Gimli, Legolas, and Sam going to the UL, Merry and Pip living at Gondor) and then finally the Final Battle.

Get back to writing the books George. Or eating hamburgers, whichever one you want