Angry Video Game Nerd recommends Godzilla vs King Ghidorah

>Angry Video Game Nerd recommends Godzilla vs King Ghidorah
>it's garbage
Are there any good Godzilla films?

Attached: King_Ghidorah.jpg (1280x1818, 933K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/oxHwNNIHGi4
youtube.com/watch?v=gIKi7livoaY
youtube.com/watch?v=LBs6rufFyCA
youtube.com/watch?v=Oo82Cwiv_FQ
youtube.com/watch?v=2BVFq5LueSA&ab_channel=TheEPICQuoteman
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The only one that I thought was a legit good film was the first one. I mean enjoyed a whole mess of them, but none really live up to the first. I'd say watching all of them is only for big monster or big special effects fans.

Attached: 54.jpg (984x1500, 232K)

anyone that doesn't like Shin Godzilla has a sub 100 IQ

original Gojira
Ghidorah the Three Headed Monster
Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla

As a movie its pretty bad, but as a Godzilla film its pretty fun! The original and Shin Godzilla are really the only good Godzilla movies. The rest a fun cheesy flicks

Filtered.

IF I DIE

Only real gripe of the movie is the fact they overused the same fucking EVA song like 6 times when they were doing Godzilla plans

Godzilla vs Kong

Attached: 1464442006142.gif (300x161, 714K)

>loud music over exposition scenes
lmao

That movie is a beautiful memefest with waifu-tier female characters, but it ruined Godzilla and King Ghidorah's backstories. It also made KG look pretty weak compared to his Showa counterpart.

Godzilla 1954 is generally considered the "best" since it actually takes itself seriously and is mostly grounded in reality before the series started introducing more mystical-magical stuff, space aliens, etc. Godzilla 1984 and Shin Godzilla are good reboots that replicate the same feel of the original. The only thing missing from Shin Godzilla is that you don't really feel any sympathy for Godzilla at the end of the movie. 54 and 84 do a better job of portraying him as a living animal with feelings.

If you want to watch some movies to prepare for GKOTM, try Mothra vs Godzilla, Ghidorah the Three-Headed Monster, Invasion of Astro-Monster, Godzilla vs Gigan, and Destroy All Monsters; preferably in that order since that's the chronological order of that series' continuity. If you want to stick to the 90's-era movies, you could continue with Godzilla vs Mothra and Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla II.

Attached: gojira11.png (640x480, 138K)

The American version of this tries to play it too straight. The Japanese version is more of an irreverent comedy. The American version also has these weird expository scenes spliced into the movie, and they replaced Akira Ifukube's score with stock music from Creature from the Black Lagoon.

Incorrect. The song steadily builds with additional instruments being added. This is to mirror how the situation with Godzilla keeps developing into a more complex disaster.

Attached: 1532888268189.jpg (2048x1080, 376K)

Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah GMK

Attached: Godzilla Mothra and King Ghidorah - GMK.jpg (940x1280, 691K)

>first live-action movie since 1991 with King Ghidorah is the primary antagonist
>amazing CGI and plays itself up as actually taking the source material seriously
>ruin it with faggoty Marvel-tier one liners
why bros
youtu.be/oxHwNNIHGi4

Attached: Godzilla-King-of-the-Monsters-Russian-poster.jpg (1455x2048, 343K)

>King Ghidorah is the primary antagonist
He kind of was in final wars.

more like composer got lazy

Well, technically, that was Keizer Ghidorah. It would be kind of cool if this new series had different Ghidorahs as the recurring villains.

marvel shitliners will be BTFO by sheer majesty of the cgi, also the one liners seem to be in between battles and in character for the characters saying them

Godzilla vs Biollante

Roger Ebert said Godzilla 1954 is a bad movie

There are just so many other types of humor that work better in these movies than the typical Tony Stark snarky schtick that is so worn out at this point. Shin Godzilla actually had humor in that the main character wound up being right about everything, and the governing authorities were all incompetent. There was never a moment where they broke the immersion or gravitas by remarking that Godzilla looked like a giant herpes-infected penis or something.

Attached: goodgodzillafilms.jpg (1651x1125, 491K)

>people listen to avgn after the movie he made
good, you deserve it

>>Evangelion music over exposition scenes
ftfy
youtube.com/watch?v=gIKi7livoaY

>taking movie recommendations from AVGN

I don't know what you were expecting

His work on Gridman was a lot better.

KOTM has pretty much the strongest poster game this year. Every single poster they made is Kino.
Here's a fresh one for China.

Attached: 1558546597447.jpg (1429x2048, 672K)

He's a brainlet who also hated Fight Club, Full Metal Jacket, and Gladiator. He literally said Godzilla 54 was bad because the special effects sucked compared to today's special effects, and because he watched it without understanding the context under which it was made, i.e. Japan in 1954 after a decade of censorship by the occupation government and U.S. H-bomb tests irradiating Japanese fishing boats.

You picked the most risky because it features time travel and shit why didn't you watch the original 1954 movie with original Japanese soundtrack? Why?

>the special effects sucked
I thought they looked effective, even without the time passed discount.

Oh God, who made this one? After Godzilla and Mothra vs. Godzilla the next 5 are all experimental films that are otherwise fairly good, they'd be in the top half of the list I think but are terrible for newcomers every single one of them. GMK may be more popular with new viewers but not the rest not Astro-Monster, not Biollante and definitely not Hedorah.

Blessed
>only 9 (NINE!) days until Godzilla: King of the Monsters
Gentlemen, it's been an honour shitposting with you.

Attached: gojirapepe.jpg (904x596, 169K)

>poor little godzilla boy

They look great, better than many later movies. Honda had a world class cinematographer for this first movie, black and white also helps.

>terrible for newcomers
What do newcomers need to watch? Please don't bombard them with a bunch of Heisei movies. Those are for people who only want special effects vehicles with the veneer of seriousness and don't particularly care for the quality or craftsmanship.

This is why Marvel is bad for business. All movies from like 2012-2030 will have the Marvel Quips because success breeds imitation instead of originality.
>Money shows that Middle America finds this good enough to get them off of their tractors. Repeat and Reinforce until the money goes away.

Its not even Marvels fault, but it is what it is.

>he didn't just watch the monster scenes on YouTube
Yikes!

Based Brozilla

Godzilla vs Biollante was my first Godzilla movie. I saw it without any context and loves the shit out of it. I thought it was decently well made. But among Heisei that and Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla 2 are the only quality ones, rest are meh. Destoroyah has some good moments, but is not up to par otherwise.

But there's a diagram. With so many movies there's a movie for everybody. Godzilla and Mothra vs. Godzilla definitely then maybe Showa Mechagodzilla movies if someone is the rocky III-IV type of guy. And some newer ones because generally effects are not an issue past certain point.

Mechagodzilla II is my favorite Heisei. For some reason I guess it's because of all the various monster "arcs". Then I guess Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah. Biollante has nice effects at least they need to bring her back fast.

>And some newer ones because generally effects are not an issue past certain point.
In which movies are effects not an issue? Most of the early ones are respectable for the standards of the time and are still good as long as you don't demand photorealism. In a lot of the recent movies the special effects stagnated hard, regularly drop the ball on things perfected decades earlier, and are photographed or edited poorly. Gamera should be the standard for modern Japanese practical effects and rarely have modern Godzilla movies met that standard.

1. Gojira
2. Ghidorah, the Three Headed Monster
3. Invasion of Astro Monster
4. King Kong vs. Godzilla (Japanese Version)
5. Mothra vs. Godzilla (Japanese Version)
6. Godzilla vs. Megalon
7. Godzilla vs. Biollante
8. Godzilla, Mothra, and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All Out Attack
9. Shin Godzilla

That's every EXCELLENT one I can think of. Personally I'd put Godzilla 2000 (English Dub/Re-cut) on there as number 10.

Attached: cba4dce.jpg (960x720, 130K)

just watch the Gamera trilogy

Attached: gamera trilogy.jpg (1280x720, 140K)

His reasoning was that King Kong 1933 had better effects, but that's comparing a Hollywood movie with a budget of $13 million adjusted for inflation to a Japanese movie with a budget of $1.6 million adjusted for inflation. That was about three-times the normal budget for Japanese movies, but still tiny compared to King Kong's. While G54 was inspired by KK33, they are two different types of movies. King Kong is an adventure movie with some brief horror elements, while Godzilla is a horror movie with mystery, science fiction, and melodrama elements.

Attached: 35176395.png (500x422, 141K)

>His reasoning was that King Kong 1933 had better effects
Not really. In fact, I'd say Gojira sfx aged more gracefully than King Kong's.

Is anyone marathon-ing the series before next week when KOTM comes out? I've rewatched everything up to Biollante, and I'm rating them all on a scale of 0 to 10. I have the next week to get through all of Heisei, Millenium, and Post-Millenium. I hope I have time to.

I watch a few movies a day. Not gonna do all of them, just my favorites.

Why are these movies ignored? They're among the few legitimately inspired and well-written kaiju movies that are good complete movies.

Attached: Many.jpg (500x701, 62K)

Please stay on your forum with the other children

Attached: tohoking lel.jpg (1080x1529, 272K)

James Rolfe belongs to a dying breed of people who like King Kong over Godzilla. Kong had better effects relative to the era the movie was released. Godzilla maybe had more competition but at least the first movie is better at blending monster action in real life. Documentary style was Honda's speciality. The wideshots with Godzilla and the mayhem never looked better and the way framerate drops at a certain point looks jaw droppingly good.

One movie a day after work is enough so it doesn't feel like a chore. I only did it once and it's the best way to rate the whole series. Watching them in sequence give you the best perspective.

>

This list is fairly accurate. Who the FUCK would recommend vs Ghidorah? lmao

godzilla vs mecha godzilla is kino

Best Godzilla films are
>Godzilla 1954
>Mothra vs Godzilla
>GMK
>Shin

Toho Kingdom makes autism look like normal human status

Attached: wars.jpg (531x335, 46K)

profound statement
same shit happens to music

They lose their shit over every minute detail. it's downright fascinating.

Well one fairly respectable movie forum I was lurking had once a big war over the color of Catwoman's lipstick in TDKR.

Hell yeah, Godzilla 2000 is GOAT

Damn why is there no love for my guy Rodan?

Attached: Rodan_kaiju.jpg (425x235, 17K)

Rodan!

Attached: rodan.jpg (1200x1778, 937K)

oh shit I didn't know about this. Rodan is one of my favorite monsters I bet it's going to be lit.

biollante is bar-none the greatest godzilla movie of all time

Attached: downloadfile-32.jpg (1280x905, 303K)

I'd agree with you if

A) the rest of the soundtrack wasn't great
B) the music was used out of place. But no, it was only ever used when appropriate within the board room setting. It almost became a theme for humanity's progress against Godzilla and was probably the most optimistic the score ever got. It worked pretty well in that regard and it was clearly a deliberate design choice.

Are we excluding Gojira here? Because the original film is an actual genuine classic of filmmaking.

All it takes is decent special effects and we have to ignore weak plot, some corny spies and Biollante not doing anything for most of the movie until the meeting with Godzilla. That's basically two separate monster stories in one.

More like your brain is smooth.

It's just a meme. The original is the best. Hard to find second best. Mothra vs. Godzilla maybe or I don't know.

You missed one, user. Where's Godzilla vs Destroyah?

The good godzillas are as follows.
>Gojira
>Godzilla Raids Again
>Mothra Vs. Godzilla
>Ghidorah, The Three Headed Monster
>Invasion of the Astro-Monster
>Godzilla Vs. Biollante
>Godzilla Vs. Mothra
>Godzilla Vs. Mechagodzilla II
>Godzilla Vs. Space Godzilla
>Godzilla Vs. Destoroyah
>Godzilla 2000 (you may not like this one it plays out like fever dream)
>Godzilla Vs. Megaguirus
>Godzilla Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All Out Attack
>Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla
>Godzilla: Tokyo SOS
>Shin Godzilla
If I had to pick a top 5 from this list it would be
1. Tokyo SOS (watch godzilla against mechagodzilla first though)
2. Gojira
3. Shin Godzilla
4. Space Godzilla
5. Godzilla Raids Again

Attached: 1554259332479.gif (393x281, 1.23M)

I'm rewatching my favourites.

>funky music plays while Mechagodzilla breaks Anguirus' jaw
This movie makes some weird choices at times. At least sequel had appropriate music.

Attached: GvM.jpg (780x1170, 262K)

Honestly dude if you can't get into Godzilla vs King Ghidorah I would say Godzilla movies in are probably not for you.

I used to really love Terror, but on rewatch I preferred vanilla Vs. MG. I felt like I had betrayed myself.

The other Heisei movies have far less impressive special effects and their shoddier stories are ignored. The characters in Godzilla vs Destoroyah are almost irrelevant and nothing in the second half of the movie is tied together well. The Oxygen Destroyer business is forgotten. Yet how often are there flaws mentioned?

telling someone they're in the lower half of the population is really a mild insult tho

The Big Band Mechagodzilla theme is the best music associated with the character.

Yes there are
-Original
-Shin
That's it.

Godzilla films are mostly pure trash. If you want to watch good kaiju movies check out Gamera (1995), Gamera 2 (1996) and Gamera 3 (1999 but not as good as 1-2).

Speaking of low IQ Shin haters a bunch of faggots who called themselves "pillars of the (kaiju movie) community" had some pretty good reviews of the movie when it first came out (they were too stupid to get it)

>Norman England is a life-long Godzilla fan and former reporter for Fangoria magazine who has spent months on “Godzilla” film sets and saw “Shin Godzilla” last month at a special industry screening. He notes a dramatic departure in the new film from the series’ traditional pacifistic stance.

>“This is the first film in the series to go for the jugular in trying to elicit rah-rah support for the military and sympathy for the government,” England says, likening the film’s not-so-subtle nationalism to the blatant flag-waving found in Roland Emmerich’s 1996 sci-fi epic “Independence Day.”

>“Godzilla was originally imagined as a metaphor for the horrors of war and the devastation war brings to people, whether deserved or not,” he continues. “How this new approach will play domestically and internationally is anyone’s guess.”

He also said some stupid shit about it being an anti-American right-wing film.

VS Biollante has the most beautiful poster in all of Godzilla history and Biollante's design is one of the best in all of monster history but that movie is by no means a good one. Most of the movie is some cheap retarded 007 knockoff shit with a couple of Arabs and Americans reading out of a script written by a Japanese guy with dubious English ability, and the monster stuff is bad too with Godzilla just bumbling around doing nothing and Biollante spending 90% of the movie being a fucking rose.

This

Heisei Gamera trilogy is better than anything Godzilla has ever put out except the original and Shin (made by the same staff as Shin Godzilla too)

>Japan names monster after a pteRAnoDON
>America swaps the vowels so that it sounds like it's named after a French sculptor

For what purpose?

Nostalgiafags just like vs Destoroyah because Destoroyah has a really cool design and Godzilla dies at the end.

They did that so its name wouldn’t get confused with the element Radon.

Yeah it's a bit weird and each time I do a rewatch of heisei I wonder what I'm missing. Besides the effects because everybody can see they're awesome. But the plot could've been put together a little better. Overall heisei is incredibly uneven when it comes to story and realism it's like the recent Bond movies. Serious or wacky they just can't decide.

Or this. Those movies are also ok especially for Gamera but let's get real.

vs Biolante
vs Hedorah
Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidora
and Tokyo SOS

Biollante's story was written by the winner of a contest to write a new Godzilla film (i.e. an amateur), and the premise of the contest was to right something "completely new and different from Godzilla". Which explains why its script is particularly bad.

>Proponents and dissatisfied critics have given varying reviews of this film, which at times honors the golden past, and assuredly moved towards a more Japanese direction than any of its predecessors, not counting the 1954 debut directed by Ishiro Honda. Whereas the 1954 film was released amidst the fallout and reconstruction of Tokyo after World War II catastrophic bombings, SHIN GODZILLA stands up a militaristic stance vice a war-torn horror theme throughout, either enticing you to enlist or unapologetically jump ship in the two-hour long “masterpiece,” as many are calling it. Meanwhile, outside of cineplexes real life threats continue to spill into Japan’s backyard, with noisy neighbors Korea and China growing louder, as Japan’s government struggles to adjust changes to their constitution, set up and co-authored by the United States, which prohibited war against any threat almost seventy years ago.

>Shin Godzilla is a jingoistic pontification on current Japanese political culture
>there’s a very specific kind of pride in the military capabilities of the SDF. Is unusually hawkish—a major taboo since 1945.
> muddy allegories and hawkish politics.

>A New Godzilla Faces a More Nationalistic Japan
>portrays Japanese officials as heroic defenders of the homeland who set aside postwar constraints on the military

That film is awesome desu.

>It's the only Godzilla movie who's politics I don't agree with. While its hard for westerns to determine, SG is a pretty right wing movie. Its nationalist, militaristic, and completely antithetical to the normally pacifist Godzilla movies. Also, it's a bit of a generalization to say the movie satirizes the Japanese government when really it was specially about the party that was In control after 3/11. I've read some very compelling pieces on how the blame of 3/11 was seriously fucked up and super political. Idk man. I don't like seeing Godzilla used in ads for the JSDF it's not right

>there is a very prominent nationalistic theme,
>Shin Godzilla, where its state by the main actor, that Japan is still under siege or that the americans more or less acting active against the japanese government and its only the american woman with the japanese granparents who helps them a bit but cant since the presidents orders her to do not.
>This is something, what only literally NeoNazis and the rightest of the right wing goons claim if we transfer it to germany. How can something like this end up in a Godzilla movie? Is Toho the Fox of Japan, ie very right wing oriented, is this something that is the japanese public really thinks (which would make me really scared) or is this something the script writer could have brought into it and it just didnt got noticed? The constant things like Japan beeing the world biggest military superpower, the anti-american resentments and lines make me feel like its more the first, that it may be something with Toho

The psychic subplot and even Biollante's creation are not the problems. More like the whole spy thing and the relation between Biollante and Godzilla. For most of the movie Biollante doesn't have much to do. Maybe if she was more malicious and appeared in the city in her final form.

Attached: 5281f2e4-7d83-4603-be6d-b1e64f4ba1cc.png (680x171, 13K)

I love how those low IQ retards think
>right-wing = EVIL RACISTS = THEY HATE AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!
When in real life it's the left that hates the Americans (see the Okinawan base protests) while the right just fellates uncle Sam all day every day.

Biollante's supposed to be the good one though

The original ending where she eats Godzilla and turns into spores (with him) and they become a space flower was better than the half-assed crap in the final version, but I guess that didn't sit well with Toho's plans for sequels

>when you think you’re smart but actually a brainlet
The JSDF are present and act as plot devices in almost every Godzilla movie. Shin Godzilla was a critique of the Japanese government’s slow and inadequate response to the 3/11 disaster.

Not just that, the SDF straight up fires every single thing they have at Godzilla and FAILS, and then the fucking SDF commander outright says "you know what, the SDF is for helping out civillians during disasters, not combat".

This isn't at all subtle. They straight up say the fucking message to you.

>A New Godzilla for a New, Nationalistic Japan
>“Shin Godzilla” sheds the monster’s pacifist origins and shows a Japan eager to get out from under Washington’s thumb.
>the implication becomes clear: Japan can no longer rely on the United States to keep it safe.
>Toho Studios imagines a world in which Japan gets out from under Washington’s thumb. With a paean to the country’s Self Defense Forces and espousing themes of national and cultural pride, the film shows Japan flexing a bit of its own military muscle and breaking rank with the U.S. to save itself from destruction
>What the film eschews in personal emotion, however, it replaces with a sense of national pride, embodied by the younger, patriotic and clear-headed generation
>Within this core of “soft nationalism” lies a tacit endorsement of the policies of Japan’s current conservative leader, Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, who has made it known he wants to revise Japan’s U.S.-drafted constitution

Sounds like something Steve Ryfle would write but he himself pointed out how earlier movies were influenced by contemporary situation in Japan such as controversies regarding American-Japanese pact in 1960 so early 60s movies often had patriotic themes but Honda usually made rather naive movies about global cooperation with Japan being a major player.
Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah was the last movie with this theme because it was released in the year of the financial crisis and Japan hasn't recovered since.

Most underrated Godzilla coming through

Attached: image.jpg (1200x750, 258K)

Who liked the Gamera thing from a few years ago?

Attached: Gamera.jpg (1280x720, 91K)

I like Gamera period. The first two of the 90s films were good. Gyaos and Legion were rockin'.

For the longest time I thought it was a trailer for a real movie that was coming out. Pretty disappointing.

Biollante is the only movie that stands the test of time

its better than the original and better than morbidlyobesezilla

>weak plot
not compared to any other godzilla movie

what plot was stronger? following kickass for 3 hours? time travelers that didnt actually change anything? would Mechagodzilla or Terror really count as being stronger?

let me tell you what wasnt stronger: killing Godzilla with microoxygen ( never mentioned in the original film though ) even though Godzilla doesnt breathe.

genuinely curious what you are thinking about. are you just a buttmad godzillas revenge fan (yikes its still embarassing)?

Attached: downloadfile-27.jpg (1400x700, 390K)

It was just made for Gamera's 50th anniversary. Yeah not like Godzilla's birthday Gamera is forever number 2 in this duo. Even Guilala got a movie recently. I haven't seen it but it sounds like a spoof.

youtube.com/watch?v=LBs6rufFyCA

Everything about this video is perfect

Attached: image.png (465x369, 7K)

Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah is waaay more nationalistic and anti-American than Shin Godzilla. The entire plot of the movie is the Futurian terrorists going back in time to try to destroy Japan with King Ghidorah since Japan is the global economic and military superpower in the future. Emmy is a Japanese Futurian who initially wants to help them, but later betrays the Western Futurians to protect her country. The Americans in the WWII sequence are portrayed as cowardly and stupid while the Japanese are serious and honorable.
It’s funny, because the only movie where the military has ever been able to kill Godzilla with conventional weapons was Godzilla 1998, which is one of the reasons it was not well received in Japan. They viewed it as Americans turning Godzilla into just another military dicksucking action flick. I got that same vibe from Godzilla 2014.

Attached: godzilla-vs-biollante-3.jpg (1200x648, 418K)

It's weird. But there aren't many Godzilla youtubers anyway.

Attached: GVKG_-_King_Ghidorah_Bites_Godzilla.jpg (1150x775, 444K)

Final Wars

Attached: GVKG_-_Mecha-King_Ghidorah's_Capture_Cables_and_Machine_Hand.jpg (1600x1188, 705K)

>what plot was stronger?
Godzilla x Mecha Godzilla
GMK 2001

>Biollante is the only movie that stands the test of time
Let’s be real, that movie had some of the worst foreign actors, green screening, and matte paintings out of the entire franchise.

>Are there any good Godzilla films?
This is Yea Forums. Just watch the ones with the best waifus (all of them).

8/8 laff, thanks fren

have a (You)

Attached: 5C9F4D4EB0FD4D37A98E4A0CBDE3FEAF.gif (476x200, 1.66M)

fucking feels

Attached: 1985.png (1377x1800, 3.96M)

Honestly Godzilla is the most boring part of that movie.

Attached: godzilladestroyah447.jpg (1920x1080, 296K)

where do I watch these?? Are they on Youtube?

Attached: tumblr_n16xlnVPhW1qb7dheo1_1280.jpg (1258x1600, 716K)

Gojira
Godzilla 1984
Godzilla vs Destroyah

Godzilla final wars is fun just as 100% action

Remember that Godzilla vs Biollante is the visual high point of the Heisei series. So what are you saying about the rest of the Heisei movies?

Isn't the English in Biollante super brief?

No, there's a bunch of scenes of nothing but foreign actors

The monster effects are good. The biggest problems are all in Act 1.

My personal fav list in any order:
>Gojira
>Godzilla vs Destroyah
>Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla
>Godzilla vs Hedorah
>Godzilla 2000

>It even has a bass drop
Into the FUCKING TRASH it goes

She didn't eat and kill Godzilla in that. The idea was that she washed over Godzilla, purifying him of his sins and setting him up to be Superhero Godzilla again.

I haven't seen the movie in a long time. But I'm starting to vaguely remember what you're talking about. Were you referring to the matte painting right before Erika dies during the scene set at the research facility in the Middle East?

It's my personal favorite. The suit design is the best and it has just about everything a Godzilla movie should have.

There's a lot of scenes with them
After that there's the Americans stealing Godzilla cells and then fighting the Arab guy
Americans break into the lab and get fucked by Biollante while fighting the Arab guy
Scenes with the Arabs plotting stuff in their shell corporation
Japanese guy investigating stuff goes to the company and confronts the Arab boss
Arab agent goes around fucking people up

No I'm talking about the unused ending where it suddenly becomes a cartoon

It's shown and explained in the Japanese DVD bonus

Yeah, that was the idea behind the anime ending.

Not according to the director.

Yeah the Mid-East sequence at the beginning of the movie looks really cartoonish.

Godzilla Raids Again is definitely an under-rated movie. It's been one of my favorites since I was a kid. The haunting music, the dark night scenes, the vicious fighting between the two monsters, and the human characters were all likable people that reminded me of people I knew in real life so it felt very grounded.

youtube.com/watch?v=Oo82Cwiv_FQ

Attached: Anguirus on the docks of Osaka.jpg (615x409, 148K)

childhood is thinking Ghidorah is best monster

adulthood is realizing Jet Jaguar was actually the most based

Attached: Jet_Jaguar_vs_Megalon.jpg (1393x1340, 582K)

>matte painting
god that was so much more apparent in the blu-ray

THIS IS NOW A GIGAN THREAD
Giganbros report in

Attached: 1534820337354.jpg (1420x1028, 614K)

It's a shame they only used that design for one other movie, it's easily my favorite one next to Burning Godzilla.
I wish Millenium Godzilla got to fight against a redesigned King Ghidorah although Orga was pretty cool.

Attached: image.png (321x156, 76K)

James is a beta loser.
Ryan is an entrepreneur and alpha.

Attached: James is a beta loser. Ryan is an entrepreneur and alpha..jpg (1300x800, 235K)

>I specifically requested the opposite of this

>It's a shame they only used that design for one other movie,
The Godzilla of the MechaGodzilla movies is a modified version of the Millennium design

lmao 1998 is on cable, I haven't seen this movie in well over 15 years

Attached: Godzilla_1998_000916.jpg (649x270, 17K)

Are those Netflix Godzilla anime movies any good?

REPORTING

Attached: Rad-Space-Kaiju-Collection-Black_66e50538-9cf6-4da4-99d3-d4399dee6e18.jpg (700x700, 57K)

Reporting

>giganfags
LMAO

Attached: bros4life.gif (500x213, 1.77M)

Fuck the hell off.
There is nothing wrong with the corporate spy plot. The anti bio weapons & genetic enginering stuff a solid political message for the film to have bringing it back closer to the original 54 film & Smog Monster.

> and the monster stuff is bad too with Godzilla just bumbling around doing nothing
Attacking Osaka & battling the military isn't "nothing".
> and the premise of the contest was to right something "completely new and different from Godzilla". Which explains why its script is particularly bad.
It's NOT fucking bad and the 90s movies desperately needed more experimentation.
It's fuckers like you that caused them to poorly rehash Ghidorah, Mothra & MG.
> and the relation between Biollante and Godzilla
That was great & made for one of the best monster origins of the franchise.

retard

> Heisei Gamera trilogy is better than anything Godzilla has ever put out except the original and Shin (made by the same staff as Shin Godzilla too)
Close but no.
Biollante is equal with 2 & 3 but better then 1.
GMK is lesser then 2 & 3 but better then 1.

GO JEE RUH
GO JEE RUH

got to see John Wick 4 days early, now im gonna do 1 day early it for Godzilla

Attached: r1r1s.jpg (1588x538, 85K)

Biollante has one of the stronger and more interesting stories of the Heisei movies. King Ghidorah is incredibly poorly written, Mothra recycles older movies and doesn't even do that right or do anything interesting what original ideas it does bring to the table, MechaGodzilla gets by because of lack of effort though suffers as a result of being indecisive about who the audience should root for, SpaceGodzilla is a mess, Destoroyah has little going for it and does even less with that.

this fella shook G-man's hand
youtube.com/watch?v=2BVFq5LueSA&ab_channel=TheEPICQuoteman

Someone spoil it for me. I don't want to see it, it looks fake.

it's beautiful

Attached: sad.jpg (400x400, 20K)

>all these people shitting on Biollante movie
Fuck you, I liked it.

Attached: godzilla vs biollante.jpg (1960x2780, 916K)

Gigan getting dabbed on

Find a flaw

Attached: terror5.jpg (571x857, 383K)

First one is decent. The other two are depressing mindfuck types of animes. Godzilla is mostly just something in the background to drive the plot.

The fight in that movie is so lulzy and based.

The corporate espionage subplot is almost exactly the same as the one from Jurassic Park.

Cyborg waifu dies

>Destroyah
>kaiju
I want the weebs to leave.

Where do you think you are?

Based Yea Forums.

>Who the FUCK would recommend vs Ghidorah? lmao
Emmy a cute

Attached: F71A025B-E99C-4935-BFEC-671E0B489603.jpg (600x600, 81K)

Because G3 came out 20 years ago.

Gamera the brave in 2006 and since then pretty much nothing. It's a dead brand

There are better movies with her in them. Watch those.

I remember him raving about Ghidra The Three Headed Monster back in the day and then going to watch the film and it was the most boring fucking thing I've ever seen. Thank God for Monster X.

To put it plain and simple, the Showa series is honestly really fucking boring and terrible, they're rushed/padded cash grabs where they'll have the monsters actually destroy a city for once, but re-use it as stock footage for other films where they just fight in a boring open forest plain with 0 sense of scale. The Heisen series is definately a step above, some of the best Godzilla plots but unfortunately vs King Ghidora is NOT one of them. vs Space Godzilla is more believable than it, and the vs. Mothra human characters are more likeable than the ones in it. I wanna say I enjoyed it a bit more than vs. Biollante, but people really seem to regard it highly for some reason.

The only good Showa movies are vs. Hedorah, vs. MechaGodzilla and vs. King Kong (though I'm slightly pushing it because it's also kinda boring)

I haven't watched Shin Godzilla since it came out but I do remember the film's strong themes towards de-bureaucraticizing the government, who proved to be too slow and inneficient to deal with Godzilla when he was still a baby, to literally creating a small autonomous military unit that acted in accordance to the prime minister, but independently from congressional approval, to which I have no idea why would someone attack it. I guess they really like politics to be one anticlimatic stalemate after the other.

Where the fuck is 1984?

Terror is only good because of the MASSIVE destruction scene, which they probably did because they weren't going to use the city sets anymore.

>vs. King Kong
I was convinced you'd hate that one considering the way your post started.

Easily one of my top 3 Godzilla movies, but it constantly gets shit on by people. I can only presume they haven't seen some of the far worse options if they think King Kong is bad though.

I actually really like it myself and it's a shame too because for a sequel to the original, it's really competently shot/written, except for the unfortunate sped-up fight scenes, I know the director liked it because they looked like vicious animals, but it just wasted the model work and made them look like cheap rubber costumes.

I also really liked the bit where they're trying to get Godzilla off the coast but at the same time the police tries to stop some criminals who end up fucking up everything anyway, they never did that kind of tension building in the movies ever again.

>poster looks badass as fuck
>makes me want to watch it
>I won't because I know it will just be men in rubber suits awkwardly stumbling around on a glorified children's playset with some energy beams drawn over the footage
What's some kino with this aesthetic?

I remember not liking it when I was little because I thought Godzilla films were supposed to have cool destruction scenes and yet the most we got in this was the military blowing up a building and that's it

Where the FUCK is the Criterion blu ray, bros?

unlike most Showa movies vs. King Kong actually has more interesting/memorable scenes than just ''and then they fight in the end'', the Octopus fight, the villager chant, the silly media competition plot where they pit the two monsters against each other, them rescuing the girl from King Kong except for a scene she's 12 feet tall and looks like a old barbie doll, I usually rank films on how much I feel like going back to them because I enjoyed them, and vs. King Kong is definately one of those.

I like Godzilla 1985.

Clearly a man of culture.
The only Showa Godzilla I find as Fun as King Kong is Vs. Mechagodzilla.

Godzilla Does Dallas

>I remember him raving about Ghidra The Three Headed Monster back in the day and then going to watch the film and it was the most boring fucking thing I've ever seen.
It’s only good as a sequel to Mothra vs Godzilla, which is a soft reboot of the Godzilla franchise, as well as a crossover sequel to 1961’s Mothra. It also reintroduces Rodan from its 1956 movie. Ghidorah the Three-Headed Monster makes no sense if you just watch it as a standalone movie, but I actually like the human plot. The part where the twin fairies translate the monsters’ conversation is funny as well.
>the Showa series is honestly really fucking boring and terrible
There are some mediocre films in the Showa series, but I wouldn’t say they’re boring. The Showa plots could be outlandish, but at least they were simplistic and easy to follow. The Heisei series had some incredibly convoluted plotlines. Heisei can also be boring, since it takes itself so seriously, and the actual monster battles usually aren’t that great. The Heisei suits were so bulky that the actors could barely move in them. The Showa battles were at least entertaining, even if they were just a bunch of cheesy pro-wrestling moves and other implausible things.

To be honest, I really like Godzilla vs King Ghidorah simply because The whole time travel thing is so absurd, and all the Western actors in the movie are living memes. I thought Godzilla vs Biollante was more boring, even though most people consider that one the best of the Heisei series.

The best one is a toss between Return and Destroyah, vs Mothra and Mecha are good, Space and Ghidora are alright, if anything a little weird, while Biollante really was just boring. Who knows, I haven't really watched these films in 5 years.

I cried at the end.

>newcommers watching their first Godzilla movie and disliking it
Impossible. They're great. And like finding the right car there has to be at least one that's good enough.

>quips
man i hate this shit so much, i cannot express my sheer hatred for this trend, this shit has overstayed its welcome and it had for a while

I have a weak spot for Godzilla Rides Again and this scene in particular.

Attached: 1955 Gojira no gyakushû.720p.ac3.CG.avi_snapshot_00.35.32_[2014.10.31_12.51.21].jpg (960x720, 44K)

>it's garbage

You came in with the wrong mindset. There are two types of Godzilla movies: Serious and Goofy as hell. vs. King Ghidorah is the absolute peak of Goofy/Zany Godzilla movies and it's goddamn hilarious how insane that movie is.