Reminder that this is what The Iron Throne is meant to be

Reminder that this is what The Iron Throne is meant to be.

Attached: 1529081873515.jpg (640x1024, 162K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TAXqoA6DiOs
youtube.com/watch?v=KHnpD0sbXZs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

proof?

Cringe.

have sex

That's from Fire and Blood - The other books GRRM wrote instead of writing the books everyone wants.

*ahem*

Attached: B324D5E6-F850-4870-9170-0AE2F3878113.jpg (220x388, 26K)

What if the king trips down the stairs?

neckbeard asf

that thing looks ridiculous and impractical

This doesn't look very safe.

its 1000 swords man. the one in the show is like 60.

I wonder how many tax dollars went into making that thing?

If that guy put his head back any further there'd be a sword in the back of his head

It has to be at least 5 different osha violations.

It shouldn't be.
The Mad King used to wound himself with it all the time. People even have saying that's the throne rejecting unfit rulers. Kind of a neat detail from the books.

He fucking dies.

This has actually happened accordionists no to the book’s history.

Was the first time the audience sees The Iron Throne in the finale?

It’s supposed to be both. Aegon made it extremely uncomfortable because a king should never rest easy, and he obviously cared little for practicality

The leading cause of a kings death in westeros has historically been tripping on the way down the steps

Based. That video of him talking about what the throne is supposed to look like and represent is great.

No it’s just the first time Daenerys sees it

This would have looked retarded in the show.

meanwhile the real throne of charlemagne

Attached: Aachener_Dom_BW_2016-07-09_13-53-18.jpg (1005x1024, 219K)

imagine if he fell while walking down from that thing.

OOF RIGHT IN THE DRAGON EGGS

>a seat made of literal penises

wow. bookfags truly are gays. imagine dreaming and fantasizing of sitting on thousands of rock hard penises. that is what bookfags want...

>accordionists no to the book’s history

Attached: 50747AE2-13AE-440E-A9B5-BF4464F1D672.jpg (629x504, 31K)

throne of cok

That's the point.

The king should sit safely and easily. It’s dumb.

>The king should sit safely and easily.
"No!"

Seems dangerous

everything that's "goofy" would never end up in the show

daario rainbow hair....euron's eyepatch....darkstar....dragons and ice zombie a-okay though.

do they have to sharpen the swords occasionally?

Stop posting my wife

Attached: baranger_shrike2006.jpg (300x390, 93K)

>The king should sit safely
Kek, no

Not if he's a sister-ficking, dragon-riding schizophrenic warmonger

Why would they? Is someone picking up the throne and using it in combat?

Not that they had to make it just as big but the TV throne was so cheesy.

>Hey just pick it up and movie over here!

They didn't even try to work it into the floor.

Imagine missing a step and impaling yourself to the swords accidentally.

>Yeah yeah this looks cool but how do we build it's replicas on ComicCons?

One of the kings was actually found impaled on it

That looks fucking ridiculous and dangerous

What's the point of that little cubbard behind the chair ?

>imagine drunken Bobby scaling this monstrosity of a throne

Pipe cleaners

thats where the king keeps his booty movies

>He tripped.
>No one else saw it happen but trust me bro.

>trip
>get skewered and die
What a dumb idea

That's the cooler, he keeps ice cream in it.

>imagine Bobby B rolling down screaming CATCH ME NED AAAAAAAAAAHHHH

To keep his snacks

The 1,000 swords number is clearly a Targshit historical embellishment...meant to symbolize the perceived significance of the throne vs it’s actual insignificance

The one in the illustration is way more than 1000.

>*Gets on all 4s and ascends like a dog so he can’t possibly trip*

just seems like if you want an impressive throne made from swords you need to keep them shiny and clean, with a sharp bevels.

if you allow your swords to become rusty and blunt nobody's going to be intimidated

You just discovered the symbolism of what Sitting on the Iron Throne is.

Is Charlemagne the one that people dispute even existing at all? Or who am I thinking of...?

based dog king, how will you get down though

>pfft, THAT'S the throne of the king of seven nations and all of their armies? p gay desu
That's fucking stupid.

For books to read while sitting on the throne

Bumping down on my butt

>*Poo poos on floor and expects other people to clean it up*

This was a storage for gold. The king would sometimes conduct transactions while holding court. Having it there made it more convenient than lugging portions of it back and forth to the main vault.

Just to be clear, Bran taking the iron throne can’t possibly be canon according to the books, right?

I always thought it was plausible

You’re thinking of King Arthur. Charlemagne was as real.

King Arthur was definitely real.

There is no way in hell he can get up there. Does he just wheel his cripple chair up next to it and nobody wants to say anything mean?

He’s alive in the books and is of significance to the plot... so it’s definitely in play... remains to be seen what the fat fuck will do though

Naaah

The throne gets destroyed in show. It’s possible that happens in the books... nothing precludes this possibility. If indeed the throne gets destroyed in the books, then Bran would be an even better choice for king as he already had a portable throne that he’s sitting on.

Why not.

Preston Jacobs thinks it's in line with other GRRM stories. If we assume Bran is now an amalgamation of all human knowledge and the children of the forest it then represents the children winning the war against the humans by ruling over them.

>Charlemagne
>real

Attached: 648A57B3-C9C4-4F0F-A2F2-F7B7DC904DF7.png (600x323, 162K)

No, not definitely. No real history supporting his existence... other than vaguely similar figures at different points in history stretching from the Roman Empire to the Medieval period

It isn't, that is the entire idea of having a throne made of a functon of swords, the monarch should never feel comfortable and secure, he should always stay alert because neither him, his position or his kingdom is ever truly safe.
Is pretty much a heavy metal version of the sword of damocles.

>King Arthur was a legendary British leader who, according to medieval histories and romances, led the defence of Britain against Saxon invaders in the late 5th and early 6th centuries.

What more proof do I need.

Nice b8

Attached: 14DE082D-B500-48B3-8879-E1A1AFAFB12C.jpg (280x187, 21K)

Hehe point

Attached: 7167E008-02C6-4E3F-9F2D-B4D64ABC5B5A.jpg (604x531, 64K)

Contd from same article
>The details of Arthur's story are mainly composed of folklore and literary invention, and his historical existence is debated and disputed by modern historians.[2]
>DISPUTED

Attached: D41F4F3A-BA7D-4651-9FAD-2790E2EA41C4.gif (264x264, 1.37M)

And people claim Martin is good at worldbuilding?

>that thing looks ridiculous and impractical
>impractical
oof

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (474x474, 26K)

Not an argument.

Attached: 653EABE7-A8EC-49F5-AD5F-C8DB6BBD7E23.jpg (281x279, 18K)

>oof
Yikes

He will never be elected or accepted by the people. If he becomes king he will do so by force or by possessing all the kings from then on.

Yes that’s the point

SAGE
ITS FINISHED
GET OVER IT
Go BACK PLEBBITTOR NOW

>writes yikes as a comeback, unironically
Sheesh

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (474x347, 14K)

SEETHING

looks like shit, my gaming chair is more impressive

cause sitting is bad for health and the king dying is a risk the kingdom should minimize.

The King should have a standing desk

What a gay looking throne

>DISPUTED
but not false

>SEETHING

Acquire copulation

Man, the entire message and meaningfulness of the Iron Throne is lost on the show. It's just a fancy chair no one could kill themselves on.

Dilate

Themes are for 8th graders ya simp.

>happened accordionists no to the book’s history.

Attached: 1555607102751.png (112x137, 34K)

it's where he kept his personal Jester midge

Yep. There was a Targ that was suck a piece of shit that when he was found dead on the throne, nobody bothered investigating it because fuck that guy.

I see no armrest. One of the reasons why the mad king went mad, is because he kept cutting himself on the blades of the melted swords on the armrests.

doubles as a toilet

KDKKFKFKWKMFFMLNENFKNWEJKFNIWNEIFNFN AIIIOOOOGAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MEEEEEEEEE ANNNGNGNNGNG G IRIT IIR RMRMRRMR E W AAAAAAAAAAA
uuf of ffoo uffffffff

"its not even 200"
t. littlefinger

regardless, the one in the OP is several thousand, at least

>here, your Grace, you need more swords to make the throne bigger
Barristan was so helpful

Attached: hereboy.jpg (1280x720, 235K)

based retardbro

What if they couldn't walk or were too fat to climb up? It could just be three steps but jeez that's overkill.

swing on a rope till youre far enough away

Berserk?

Based

Well said.

Only because it has to support a 900lb man.

Based yoggposter

Based and cantos pilled

>accordionists no to the book's history

Attached: 1551896308853s.jpg (124x124, 3K)

Please post more thrones guys

Attached: shawn-kassian-skyhold-barbarian-02.jpg (1614x1014, 465K)

>your grace this is the fifth bandit attack in 3 months we ca-
>BRRRRRRAAAAA*grunts*AAAAAAPP-PTPTHHH PTHHHH.
>g-grace our farms are destroyed and our livestock stolen we need aid from your gr-
>'you'FPFPFPFP'shall' THRBRHRBRHBRRR BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP....THFP receive no aid, we cannot spare any mor-THRBBRRRRAAAAAAAP
>yes...your grace

Attached: tfw23.jpg (2047x2047, 227K)

Attached: Skele_Thrown_D.jpg (424x576, 50K)

Aerys cut his ass quite a few times on it which contributed to him losing his mind

Attached: OWWW RIGHT IN THE DRAGON BALLS.jpg (1200x676, 141K)

It is never foreshadowed.

>trip on steps
>die

CAOSH ISH A LADDAH

The line after that in the book is great.

>Melt it down and add it to the others, if you like. It’ll do you more good than it would in the hands of these five. Perhaps Lord Stannis will chance to sit on it when he takes your throne.

He sounds butthurt, t b h. He was all too glad to serve Joffrey until Joffrey told him to fuck off.

>imagine dreaming and fantasizing of sitting on thousands of rock hard penises
H-heh, y-yeah, how silly of them...

throne of Peter the Great, Emperor of Russia 1682-1725

Attached: Peter_the_Great_(Small_Throne)_Room_01.jpg (2736x3648, 2.6M)

Have you even watched the show

Meme box

What if he trips

They have to close it down for a few days to make it wheelchair accessible.

DESU King Arthur is probably similiar to Jesus. Fact, fiction and deeds by other men get mixed into one persona and thus you have a mythical super human.

Calm down rabbi

>HELP ME SHANSHA

Attached: 1E0DF06C-6C02-4050-BA84-331BC5367670.jpg (708x531, 97K)

It's very unlikely that there will be a king or a united seven kingdoms by the end.

ok so I wenth there and got a tour when i saw the chair i had the same reaction buttt, those little bend iron straps you see? those are from the jesus temple in jerusalem and bending iron like that was super expensive

ducking autocorrect

Attached: 0656F7C6-772C-4262-A0AF-674CA81EF684.jpg (806x990, 101K)

Literally edgy

>so gay that every sword makes you think of a penis
come out of the closet already bro

This is what a little girl thinks a thousand swords look like.

Barristan knew Joffrey was a tyrant just as much as Robert was irresponsible. It wasn't until the worst Lannisters went full retard relinquishing a lifetime oath that he could speak his mind and frustration. The Kings Guard favors their oaths and responsibility to keep the monarch safe for the realms stability above the actual ability or tyranny of the monarch.
The morality of what is lawful and what is just was explored well by the Jamie story, until DABID struck the best arc and threw rocks on it.

kek

Attached: 90508474-2112-4D45-90A3-93B5F77FE908.jpg (1500x845, 412K)

Attached: 51162338_2295074737389930_2738668596166131712_n.jpg (474x474, 20K)

Terry not longer then be necessittated Brother. There be a barn to raise.

Attached: GettyImages-73771584-59321f745f9b589eb4f6d785.jpg (950x656, 90K)

Attached: 1540404361283.jpg (323x241, 8K)

>accordionists no to the book’s history

Attached: 1558095150060.jpg (597x418, 44K)

But user that is clearly more than a thousand swords

Warwick Davis lives behind that door

Squeeze me in the screencap

Attached: 1515519184448.jpg (427x427, 21K)

It isn't. It's made a point in the book that "that is the chair that can kill a man, and it has".

Attached: fdfdfdfdf.png (817x443, 34K)

Take it easy dude, I am not a Jew.

We know that Jesus was born early 1st century.
He spoke at least Aramaic and Hebrew.
He lived around Galilee.
He was crucified.

We don't know if he did all those miracles or if someone else did some of them but their works were attributed to Jesus.
We don't know if his parents actually took him to Egypt because Herod wanted to kill him.

Many things about life of Jesus are still pretty unclear. But it is pretty clear that some messianic Jew named Jesus lived there just like some king Arthur or however you want to spell his name ruled some parts of England or Wales. The questions have always been that what deeds did they actually do and what parts were fiction.

How often do you use the word accordionist that your phone thought you wanted to say that?

Attached: 1545003180659.gif (256x256, 352K)

That will teach you to phone post

>Take it easy dude, I am not a Jew.

Attached: 1526231810799.png (645x729, 130K)

Kek

if you enhance this picture you'll see that it's Stannis sitting on it

Attached: 2e9348c1c7ffa7afb196129ee5e940cf.jpg (1199x677, 506K)

Which parts of my post follow Talmudic traditions? Genuinely curious because I don't think that my posts had any anti-Christian agenda.

Fuck you dude, I am not a Jew! Stop saying that and laughing at stupid pictures!!

Did you have a stroke friend?

*COUGH*

Attached: file.png (735x778, 606K)

Charlie was just a few steps up from barbarian warlord, also thrones weren't terribly huge ornate at the time as a rule.
Pic related is one from the Byzantine Empire, the most powerful empire in Europe at the time

Parachute

>that little hidey hole beneath the chair
cute

I want to see the history of accordionists in westoros now

An old gods magic being taking the throne would not be very popular with the faith of the seven hells ned

That's where the court midget lives.

What if he tripped?

nice picture really makes you think

I keked

Also it just looks so normal and civilized. Like you said, just a fancy chair. If the show throne looked like GRRM's description then I think a lot of scenes would have a lot more impact, even early scenes like Ned briefly dispensing justice in Robert's name from all the way up on that ugly mass of blades crudely fashioned in to some steps and a chair.

And of course the inevitable destruction of the throne (we know GRRM gave D&D the barebones outline of his planned ending, I'm sure that "Iron Throne gets melted by dragonfire" is up there) it will mean a lot more when it's some monstrosity getting brought down and not just a comfy chair.

>trip going down stairs
>horrendously die

If he dies on the throne he wasn't fit to be king. There'll always be a king.

Where he kept his stationary and writing tools.

Not memeing btw

he'd die, tht's the point

it keeps weak kings away naturally

These accidents happened to a few kings (2 of the 15 or so Targs IIRC) and was seen as the throne rejecting them

Not a normalfag, so no.

Quick Question.

How big is that throne room if that's the fucking chair? looks fucking huge.

then why the fuck are you here? shouldn't you be on 8chn?

have you seen the red keep? it's yuge

Attached: 1547028208493.jpg (1920x1080, 93K)

>How big is that throne room if that's the fucking chair?
The Red Keep is massive. All important landmarks in the books are epic in proportions.

lol

>looks fucking huge
>a keep designed specifically with domesticated dragons in mind

it's kinda the point when you want to have your little dragon buddies tied in different rooms for your children/grandchildren/nieces/nephews to play with

There was at least one Targaryen king who literally died from being cut by one of the swords on the throne. The notion of "a king shouldn't be too comfortable on the Iron Throne", which I think comes from one of Ned's PoV chapters in the first book, isn't a figurative statement. If you lean back to comfortably you may literally die.

Targaryens are fucking stupid.

they aren't stupid; they're badass

the thread was worth it for this post

wow martin knows nothing of castle design

Dragons are indoor pets?

martin didn't design that.........

for the first years of their lives? yes.

Soooo how the fuck is bran gonna get up there in the books?

Everything in ASOIAF/GOT is stupidly oversized. Martin is, at his core, a sci-fi writer, and he has no real sense of scale because of that. By his own book descriptions, the Wall is taller than the Statue of Liberty, as long as the US-Canada border, and Westeros as a whole is the same size as South America. And of course those descriptions don't line up with his descriptions of troop movements, which more closely mirror IRL western european wars in much smaller spaces. Like the War of the Roses in England between the Yorks and the Lancasters. Nothing at all to do with the war in Westeros between the Starks and the Lannisters, of course.

The throne gets melted, did you not watch the finale?

young, yes. and when they grew up and got huge they were kept tied up in the castle basement or they had an aerie if they were special

it's fantasy, it's supposed to be over the top.

>Martin is, at his core, a sci-fi writer, and he has no real sense of scale because of that

This is both hilarious and also explains a lot.

So how does the lava cascade from that massive pile of shit melting not flow out and kill everyone in the room

maybe there's nobody in the room? maybe it does? I don't know I haven't read ADOS yet

>The Mad King used to wound himself with it all the time.
The Mad King must've had tetaners that's why he got the title in the first place.

my drunk posts don't get (You)s

I mean the belive that Martin's writing is actually truly realistic is something the showfags came up with, the books make pretty clear how over the top most things are, like every plate armor being thremendously heraldic and ornamentated to the point that in real life it would only be fit for parades and stuff, not for combat.

That's way more than a thousand swords

It's not literal you autist

>Like the War of the Roses in England between the Yorks and the Lancasters. Nothing at all to do with the war in Westeros between the Starks and the Lannisters, of course.

I love historical rip-offs. They are like easter eggs for history lovers to find. I'd prefer if most of the story was just random historical events cobbled together into a new story.

On of the reasons I want Stannis to gain the throne is because Robert, Stannis and Renly make me think of William the Conqueror's sons Robert, William Rufus and Henry. Henry got the smallest inheritance and ended up on the throne years later.

>This is both hilarious and also explains a lot.
He started his career as an author right out of college writing sci-fi short stories and that's what he did for most of his 20s. The turn to fantasy and eventually to A Song of Ice and Fire came way later. I think he was like 40 years old when he released A Game of Thrones.

Average sword is three pounds. That’s one and a half of these.

Attached: A3501C12-869E-42AA-8D60-2A3E274C611C.jpg (350x292, 41K)

Yeah this is the Red Keep in the books

Attached: Official Red Keep.jpg (2144x2830, 1.36M)

>barbarians with massive and intricate stained glass windows

>that huge mosque

what did martin mean by that?

book wall

Attached: Artwork.jpg (960x1280, 271K)

What is that mosque? Can they see Dorne from King's Landing?

book Lannisport

Attached: art lannisport.jpg (750x773, 380K)

This is not that big.

based stroke victim

book Harrenhall

Attached: 1465344802504.jpg (800x500, 91K)

that's what she said

That's the Sept of Baelor you absolute retards

And here's Casterly Rock

Attached: Official Casterly Rock.jpg (1583x1600, 1.46M)

looks like mordor/ minas morghul

>Sept of Baelor

So it is a mosque.

whoa, this whole time I pictured the faith of the seven as a catholicism analogue but I guess it's based on islam....which actually makes a ton of sense.

book Moon Door

Attached: real moon door.jpg (720x601, 91K)

No, a mosque is a Muslim place of worship.

The Great Sept of Baelor is the center of worship for the Faith of the Seven

book Riverrun

Attached: riverrun.jpg (1583x1600, 1.3M)

Yeah but it's clearly based on Islam. Just curious what GRRM is trying to say with that

Book construction of the Wall

Attached: Official Construction of The Wall.jpg (1600x531, 261K)

Riverrun is probably the shittiest of the """"great""" castles

It's not even on the trident ffs

book Darrio

Attached: TotallyKingOfTheIronIslands.jpg (350x263, 48K)

post video before i piss miself
bobbyb.png

Book Moat Cailin

Attached: Official Moat Cailin.jpg (1500x1000, 737K)

book Winterfell

Attached: winterfell1.jpg (1346x744, 815K)

Here's another take on Book Winterfell

Attached: Official Winterfell.jpg (2179x2928, 1.37M)

ayyyyy

looks like shit

I think I have autism

book Pyke

Attached: 1465343049318.jpg (736x921, 98K)

Walls are too short aren't they?

>mosque
It's clearly based on on the Hagia Sophia you fucking idiots. Where on earth are you from that you associate domes with islam, and when can we start nuking you?

Fucken retard

GRRM talked about how impossible this would have been to build on the lot they have

Attached: forging_the_iron_throne_by_lindseyburcar-d86ul2u.png (2956x832, 3.87M)

that bridge looks safe

>Hagia Sophia

You mean one of the biggest mosques in the world? and it's not just the dome, it's also the Minarets

Not really, look closer at the scale

Attached: 845674657456.png (106x122, 34K)

>You mean one of the biggest mosques in the world?
It was a Church first

Oh shit didn't notice

Attached: 330px-Catedra_de_Maximiano.jpg (330x476, 76K)

>capital of de norf
>looks like a minor lord's holdings
what the fuck were they thinking?

Attached: winterfell_approach.jpg (970x546, 78K)

>Hagia Sophia

You mean the building that spent most of its life as a mosque and is now a museum in a muslim country?

It was a church first you dumb cunt

Attached: file.png (1280x853, 1.59M)

youtu.be/TAXqoA6DiOs

Attached: maegor_i_woiaf_4904.jpg (300x375, 30K)

Attached: 1517838415423.png (171x200, 49K)

>Let me tell you a secret, Ned. More than once, I have dreamed of giving up the crown. Take ship for the Free Cities with my horse and my hammer, spend my time warring and whoring, that's what I was made for. The sellsword king, how the singers would love me. You know what stops me? The thought of Joffrey on the throne, with Cersei standing behind him whispering in his ear. My son. How could I have made a son like that, Ned?
>tfw no comfy Bobby and Ned adventures in Essos

>Everything in ASOIAF/GOT is stupidly oversized
He does say he likes to make things oversized in the interviews he gives because it's fantasy.

>You mean one of the biggest mosques in the world?
Hagia Sophia has the architecture of a cathedral though, which it originally was.

Well, you are posting a picture of a mosque.

based strokeanon

hahahahahah

Cathedrals don't look like that. It's looks like a big ass mosque becuase the catholism didn't fallow orthodoxy

>accordion music stops

Attached: 7ADF9B8F-9AB8-495E-A221-9ED236E03CD9.png (665x400, 509K)

No, that's a picture of a Cathedral. It was converted into a mosque but it was built as a cathedral.

I don’t watch reddit shit so no I haven’t watched your fag show

They didn't want to blow an entire season 1 episode's budget on a single setpiece.

This may be the first time I've ever seen the word accordionists ever written out...

South America is so immense that Brazil is the size of America. So from dorne to Crownlands is already bigger than the US.

that's fucking stupid because those swords are way too big

>accordionists no to the book’s history.

Remove Dothraki
God is a Targaryen

And you see how tiny that "throne" would be
It'd be basically a concrete slab in size
cubic meter of steel is like 8000 kg

based

Now, it's a mosque. Erdogan is even planning to reopen this mosque.

Notre Dame, now that's a cathedral.

Based retard

My thoughts exactly

>Notre Dame, now that was a cathedral.

fixed that for you

>uh hurr what if the king fell and died
>ackschully that happened in the lore
SHUT UP YOU RETARDS
There must be 5 of these exchanges in this thread, you pant-shitting autists

Attached: B2665941-EFE6-4DFA-9676-04A953D1EF35.jpg (574x577, 44K)

MORE SWORDS

No, it's the show down-playing one of the more over-the-top details in the series.
The actual throne is fucking huge and is actually made of over a thousand swords

What kind of king dies because he can't go up and down stairs

>Gets defeated by the power of love in your path
Simmons is incredibly talented at creating amazing villians and then promptly ruining them

Attached: 2F5B7EF9-6F61-41CB-BF83-A3FBB600240A.png (604x630, 334K)

how do you talk to people from there? just shout at them the entire time?

>Hagia Sophia is the former Greek Orthodox Christian patriarchal cathedral

>From the date of its construction's completion in 537 until 1453, it served as an Eastern Orthodox cathedral and the seat of the Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople, except between 1204 and 1261, when it was converted by the Fourth Crusaders to a Roman Catholic cathedral under the Latin Empire.

> Built in 537 AD at the beginning of the Middle Ages, it was famous in particular for its massive dome. It was the world's largest building and an engineering marvel of its time. It is considered the epitome of Byzantine architecture and is said to have "changed the history of architecture".

>The current building was originally constructed as a church between 532 and 537 on the orders of the Byzantine Emperor Justinian I and was the third Church of the Holy Wisdom to occupy the site, the prior one having been destroyed by rioters in the Nika Revolt. It was designed by the Greek geometers Isidore of Miletus and Anthemius of Tralles.

>Justinian chose geometer and engineer Isidore of Miletus and mathematician Anthemius of Tralles as architects; Anthemius, however, died within the first year of the endeavor.

>Columns and other marbles were brought from all over the empire, throughout the Mediterranean. The idea of these columns being spoils from cities such as Rome and Ephesus is a later invention. Even though they were made specifically for Hagia Sophia, the columns show variations in size. More than ten thousand people were employed. This new church was contemporaneously recognized as a major work of architecture. The theories of Heron of Alexandria may have been utilized to address the challenges presented by building such an expansive dome over so large a space. The emperor, together with the Patriarch Menas, inaugurated the new basilica on 27 December 537 – 5 years and 10 months after construction start – with much pomp.

>those stupid fucking donut-shaped bridge things on the outside of all the towers

It’s roughly 32-34 fucking stories tall...go stand at the bottom of a building that tall and tell me it’s not “tall”
It’s fucking huge

10/10

Attached: 1460576912597.jpg (1280x720, 107K)

Attached: 1551771392226.jpg (1757x3158, 1.18M)

its a cathedral based on romanesque architecture you retard, muslims like roman architecture and copied it everywhere, every mosque was made to look like the hagia sophia

found the manlet

no wonder they attacked him after in the books
i suppose it makes sense to leave that extra btfoing out considering they didnt and wouldnt have shown the fight on the show

34 stories is not that tall.

so it inspired mosques and then GRRM copies those mosques? That means he wanted it to symbolize a mosque

>every mosque was made to look like the hagia sophia

Because they saw it and it was a beautiful mosque. The Vatican is a fine cathedral. If GRRM wanted it to look like a cathedral, he wouldn't have based it on a cathedral that could easily be mistaken for a mosque and was in fact a mosque for centuries.

how do you know it has anything to do with a mosque, maybe he just wanted something with a dome that looks cool? You are the one projecting mosque onto a fantasy image

he wouldn't have added minarets if that was the case........

Ok go and scale a 34 story building then, it’s not that tall so why not?

>projecting mosque onto a fantasy image

he's protecting mosque on a drawing of a mosque

>Twenty narrow stairs with no guard rails and fucking sharp ass swords everywhere. Fuck Jamie, that thing is the real Kingslayer.

in terms of a fantasy series you goddamn autist

I could do it. That's 30 flights of stairs, very doable.

There are plenty of skyscrapers well over 100 stories high.

why is any freestanding tower a minaret? you are projecting your own views onto a world with a 50 foot high melted sword throne.

The main source that people used to prove arthurs existence was this list of kings that was literally made up by someone faggot scholar writing fanfiction and it was believed to be true until a couple hundred years later when people realized it made zero sense at all.

he wanted to create kings landing to look like a medieval mediterranean city you brainlet, but the retarded fat fuck probably doesnt even know why the hagia spohia looks the way it does so he threw in his own minarets

Attached: image.jpg (1200x1800, 502K)

There's a running theme in the books of kings injuring themselves on it.

So I guess the other castles are complete 100% original and not based on European castles. He's chosen the most famous Mosque in Europe to base that Sept on.

>dome religious building surrounded by freestanding pointed towers with a muezzin and cornices

it's pretty fucking obvious what it is user

Book walkers better have a fucking ice godzilla to justify that height.

but it doesn't look (west) mediterranean, it looks anatolian/levantese

>he wanted to create kings landing to look like a medieval mediterranean city

Well he fucking failed spectacularly.

youtube.com/watch?v=KHnpD0sbXZs

so stupid. George RRR Martin is a hack

Westminster Abbey is not that big. I'm not sure why he thinks it so big.

stupid fat retarded hack

Attached: image.jpg (720x729, 142K)

Well you got to be shitting me. Now that I think about Westeros is a very weirdly thin continent.

the Hagia Sophia isn't in Europe fucking dimwit

the AMERICAN Tolkien!

Attached: american tolkien.jpg (645x729, 124K)

MOAR

If Israel and Azerbaijan are in Europe then Turkey is in Europe.

dude what if the sword of damocles as anal plug lmao

Can't even find pictures of real thrones cuz of this fucking show. I can't believe I enjoyed this for 5 years and it ended how it did. Bet the books will be just as fucked.

phoneposters BTFO forever

More swords, your grace?

>american education

I thought it made sense that show Winterfell was small and shitty compared to the southern castles because the north was clearly meant to be shitty and poor compared to the southern kingdoms.

It does. The North is full of backwards retards living in frozen shit, including the Lords.

the north was a mistake

starks are scum

>the capital of the norf
>fucking nothing but emoty fields
>no farming
>no marketplaces
>no villages
>no livestock
where the fuck is the rest of society?

forgot my image

Attached: image.jpg (1920x1080, 614K)

>medieval scotland
>medieval scandinavia
>society

literally all fantasy castle shots. it's called artistic license

Jedi Temple

>cubbard
You mean cupboard, you fucking retard?

Attached: 1558502127883.jpg (285x270, 13K)

If you don't recognize Hagia Sofia, you aren't White.