Whats the consensus? At one point it was the highest grossing movie of all time

whats the consensus? At one point it was the highest grossing movie of all time

Attached: 220px-JAWS_Movie_poster.jpg (220x334, 21K)

classic quote

Attached: jews.jpg (1024x441, 114K)

- Pleasure to watch, good direction, acting and characters
- Simple, competently made
- Ruined cinema forever

>- Ruined cinema forever
youre gonna have to explain that

Expectations of producers and audience changed forever. No way back.

All these

Watched it recently and the kill count is like 3. The shark is big but could easily be dealt with by the Coast Guard, and there's no indication that it's doing anything but passing through. It doesn't have any kind of sinister intelligence. It's honestly more about the people than the shark.

Good movie.

the rubber shark scenes are embarrasingly bad now. Spielburger himself has said this.

scared the piss out of me as a nine year old

>It doesn't have any kind of sinister intelligence.
Yes. It works because is a GENUINE man vs nature, not man vs animal-shaped-demon.

Post one.

yeah it's like zoomers that think rambo just kills everyone and then are suprised he only kills one in the first movie and not even directly

Genuinely my favorite movie.

Studios exploited and ultimately became reliant on summer blockbusters because that's what audiences wanted

Jaws was basically the first summer blockbuster

I don't necessarily think summer blockbusters are a bad thing, there are some amazing ones

Attached: beverlyhillscop.jpg (936x1402, 755K)

Millennial "film buffs" are mad because studios realized out the shocking fact that you could make more money when kids weren't at school

I always go on thinking “yeah it’s great, but is it really that great?” and then when I watch it again I’m like “yep, totally is” and the cycle continues

The first is a classic, the second is meh but at least it has Roy, and the other two are whatever. But the Jaws ride was fucking sick. Gonna be going to Orlando this summer hope it's as good as I remember.

The endgame of all of this is, ironically, Avengers:Endgame.

IW and Endgame were all April though

It was one of my favorite rides at Orlando, but I'm sorry to tell you it closed in 2012

user I....

It might honestly be the best movie ever made, but only just after you've seen it.

ok Yea Forums, time to rank the 10 movies who've held the title "Highest Grossing Movie"

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 12.41.46 PM.png (558x492, 121K)

Birth of a Nation > Gone With The Wind > Godfather > Star Wars > Jurassic Park > Jaws > E.T. > Titanic > The Sound of Music > Avatar

i like them all

jaws basically created blockbusters and ended the American New Wave. it was beginning of the end...

You know perfectly what I mean.

No, Birth of a Nation created blockbusters and Apocalypse Now/Heaven's Gate ended New Hollywood.

nice try steven...

Hooper - dishonest
Quint - Based
Brody - shabbos goy

Brody was just trying to do the right thing. Hooper was helpful even though he was serving his own self interest at the same time

nigger just because /r/movies told you to have a grudge against spielberg for no reason doesn't make it accurate

Hooper defaced that sign and his "family" is rich. Brody is a useful idiot.

I saw this when I was about 6 and kinda half got it. Going back I must say it's an enjoyable film

Screen play didn't follow the book very closely. In the book Hooper actually gets killed when he goes down in the shark cage but you really don't care because he is boning Brody's wife on the side.

Hooper was more of a cunt in the book. He slept with Brody's wife.