Less than 400M

>less than 400M
>Couldn't even beat Alita
Explain me what the fuck happened

Attached: MV5BYTE0Yjc1NzUtMjFjMC00Y2I3LTg3NGYtNGRlMGJhYThjMTJmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTI4MzE4MDU@._V1_.jpg (2764x4096, 1.61M)

It did beat Alita as far as return of investment goes, as it made way more domestically with smaller budget.

I don't know what happened in your life that you feel the need to make this thread every day to "troll" someone

Its a family film. It will be a classic shown yearly on TV and DVD sales will be steady. Even the Hallmark channel will take it up.
Meanwhile Marvel capeshit will be forgotten.

>when your entire advertising strategy revolves around shitposting on Yea Forums but you forgot that people on Yea Forums don't actually leave the house
LMAO I'm surprised it made as much as it did tbqh

it go sandwiched between some tough films

like?

Avengers

Cpt. Marvel

There was a prophecy that Alita would make more than Captain Marvel, and as the original Captain Marvel, Shazam! fell to its curse.
Ironic.

>Captain Marvel
>released 2 months ago
>made over 1 billion
>nobody cares about it except for the resident disneyfag obsessing over box office (but he doesn't care about the movie either, only about "owning" incels and sucking Mickey's cock)

you mean the fake captain marvel?

Crazy how good it actually ended up being.

Should’ve released this in December. Movie takes place during Christmas after all.

why can't all capeshit make +/-400M? world would be much better place...

Too bad, it was pretty good. Oh well lots of good movies get shafted at the theater.

Attached: 580b585b2edbce24c47b29f5.png (425x282, 36K)

remember when Yea Forums thought china loved white people and would go see this by the billions

fem cap marvel and end game

Attached: 1558441552121.png (1500x600, 995K)

True

A little known hero that's part of a tarnished brand. It was fairly well-reviewed; the sequel (if there is one) should do better.

never understood why the entirety of Thanos' eyes are black in these.

it just used the pepe based on comics thanos

Pre IW Thanos has black sclera.

let's hope

>look up Endgame BO totals

they're not going to beat Avatar :(

How do you know

it was awful and not funny and had absolutely no redeeming scenes or moments?

It opened up decent but it dropped hard when ENDGAME came. It didnt drop as badly as Hellboy did though.

not him but
>still behind by $160m
>no more hype

COPE

Disney could buy empty theaters again.
Also, any major release besides Godzilla?

The Marvelized copy of this meme sucks so much. No body actually believed that Endgame would bomb. What made the original meme good was because when Venom & Aquaman were about to release, the shills tried to make it seem like they would bomb only to be made a fool of themselves when both movies ended up making a ton of money.

literally on a 0.1 bill difference atm

Pikachu stole its international numbers, John wick beat it domestically

The trailers made it look very infantile and I guess that turned people off.

maybe midsommar but that's about it

free path then.
Endgame has around 4 more weeks easily to beat it

it sucks. dunno why a lot of people are praising it like it's dark knight. it's mediocre at best.

The Dark Knight was shit you stupid zoomer

keep telling yourself that, you stupid contrarian. it's still one the best capeshit out there next to watchmen. you think hating something great makes you opinionated you stupid cunt? try growing up in a time without a phone first.

The bad reputation from DC’s other films ruined this perfectly fine movie

it was fun, but it's being memed because of bad marketing and positioning strategy that focused on s o I people.

but I consider Man of Steel the best of DC currently. Dark Knight close second.

Attached: Zack on Shazam shortened edition.jpg (596x700, 56K)

Not him but sound like it works.

R-right, bro?

Attached: 1458704512615.png (770x711, 252K)

BASED

>Godzilla

This but less tryhard. TDK isn't kino but it's top tier capeshit.

>kid version shazam. always moping around like an emo
>turns to shazam. suddenly a fun happy go lucky kid in a man's body
holy shit. even the new jumanji did a better job portraying the kids' characters in their adult avatars.

What, the new Hellboy is out already? lmao, must be a flop, didnt hear a thing about its release.

I didn't watch because it's not what I want out of the DCEU.

Same reason I didn't watch Suicide Squad or Justice League in theatres. I wanted a gritty DCEU, not disheveled family films.

This. It's already in my Christmas rotation. And yes, I bought the blu ray.

I agree. It's a wonderful family film.

That's part of the shazam powers though, so it's not a mistake. You can criticize it as a creative choice though, which I think is fair although I liked the film overall. Best superhero movie since the raimi spiderman movies tbqh.

It would not only be wrong to make a dark, gritty Shazam film, it would be a disservice to the character. Also, it gets boring when every single film has exactly the same tone. That's why I checked out of the MCU years ago.

It got released inbetween Captain Marvel and Avengers

Part of Shazam powers wasn't the wisdom of Solomon, or in this universe Solomon is a retarded manchild?

That's what he spends the whole movie doing - unlocking his full potential. Billy's wise beyond his years in a lot of ways, but he still starts out with some hurdles and hang-ups to overcome. He briefly gets lost in the euphoria of being gifted with the powers of a demigod, but ultimately realizes that Freddy's got a point - he's not acting like a hero. Billy not only realizes that, but that he's been throwing away chances at happiness chasing a fantasy that was never real. In doing that, he comes into his wisdom both as himself as well as his alter ego.

Bonus round: the legends around Solomon include him being able to name and bind demonic forces, and the Sins tell Sivana if the champion reaches his potential, he will defeat them. Ultimately, it's wisdom that defeats the Seven Sins, not strength.

Attached: 2.webm (1200x500, 3M)

Nobody cares about Endgame anymore either lmao

Every fucking time. Thank you for this.

it's still in my download folder, but Days Gone has been keeping my neet ass busy

Attached: wink.gif (480x393, 1.37M)

KINO

Attached: 1554534067290.jpg (1280x728, 330K)

where his dick

This scene actually looks like a comic book panel

To add to that, what sort of biblical/religious elements did you think were at play during Shazam? For me I think I noticed how Billy used the Wisdom of Solomon to discern the sin that was driving Dr. Sivana to make his choices.

Mainly the resistance of temptation. Beyond that, it's straight-up comic-book magic, á la Grant Morrison - symbols, belief, and attunement.

Interesting. Thanks for the analysis user. Looking forward to seeing you give another kino analysis when the next DC movie comes out.

>sad kid is suddenly happier after gaining superpowers
Wtf is this nonsense

Attached: 1381689697718.jpg (317x330, 13K)

>changes back to a moping emo kid after turning back
sounds like the kid was a miscast. they got zachary to play the perfect shazam but the kid can only play an emo, sad kid.

>Explain me what the fuck happened
What is there to explain?! Look at that freaking poster. Just look at it! Does it look like it's a poster for a good movie? Not if you're older than 14.

Attached: 5174MBB8RFL._SY445_.jpg (280x445, 26K)

>ignoring the scene at the beginning where he fucks with the cops

>Yea Forums is too retarded for basic maths
Shocking

Came out at the WORST possible time, its like DC expected it to bomb

This.

It actually did well if you consider that it came when people were hyped for Endgame

Web-dl rip when???

Attached: 1554309354383.png (768x764, 650K)

>What made the original meme good was because when Venom & Aquaman were about to release
I could've sworn the meme started thanks to black panther. Yea Forums and /pol/ were screaming their heads off that it would bomb, yet the exact opposite happened, making the meme hilarious.

>I could've sworn the meme started thanks to black panther
It did.

>14 year old gloomy kid, turns into Shazam, acts like a sugar rushed 10 year old
>laughable "action scenes"
>best setpiece is a shitty cave
>lame as fuck sitcom tier jokes
>shitty child acting
You could tell it was lazy low effort from the trailers

CHADZAM!!!

>family film
Lol some kid had to be walked out crying when those demon gargoyles were killing the office workers

I'm guessing you too were a gloomy fuck and remained that way. And who wouldn't be juiced and act the way he did with those powers?
Action scenes were better than most mcu films.
Him trying to get a grip of his powers while on the verge of death was pretty kino, by family movie standards.
The movie will make it's rounds every holiday.
Child acting was decent as they come.
Sitcom jokes, right, not enough sarcastic grown men quping each other for you I guess?
Setpiece, when the movie kept moving to different locations, is pretty fast paced, but probably to quick for your brainlet iq.
Go watch wakanda yimbambi

awesome he can grow up on disney princesses and become a tranny, for the inevitable and existing fanbase that is msoiu.

Poor delusional DCuck
Even the shitshow Suicide Squad is more entertaining than Shazam

Attached: Shazam2.webm (1200x500, 2.99M)

It wasn’t released at Christmas
Seriously I reckon if it was released after Thanksgiving it would have grossed an extra $100million

It should've been out by last Christmas IMO. Being put so close to End Game was what doomed it.

Men in Black

straight downz response.
mcu's next phase is the blacked cuck phase, enjoy true cuck

DC sucks. This should be more than clear by now.

>DCucks believe this
>...
>DCucks believe this
AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

I wanna sex that sexy sexy dog.

Attached: Shazam3.webm (720x300, 3M)

No Snyder, no watch

chinaman are not particulary fond of comic books they preffer manga and MMOS and somewhat they love robots and racing cars.

Just want to make it clear Carol is the superior Captain Marvel

Attached: Shazam4.webm (1920x800, 2.98M)

The movie had so many Christmas things. I'm sure they planned to release at Christmas, but couldn't because WB is very incompetent.

They were aware

Attached: Christmas movie in the summer.jpg (1280x1066, 412K)

Attached: Shazam5.webm (1320x550, 2.97M)