OHNONONO

OHNONONO

Attached: aladdin tomatometer.jpg (645x318, 130K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4PofrJqEQv0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Jungle_Book_(2016_film)
youtube.com/watch?v=DwTogmKwYWo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

haha

B..b..but grace loved it & said it deserved to make $1 billion. So all those other critics must be wrong. She'd never be bought by Disney

Good job

big number and mew dies in her sleep

b-but I thought Disney always pays off the critics?!?
Was Yea Forums wrong about Captain Marvel not being a good movie?????

non-marvel/sw is allowed to be rated correctly, they don't have to asslick these

Where were you when their previous 10 live action adaptations came out? Dumbo, Nutcracker, Mary Poppins, they all got low scores and flopped. Disney makes them for their streaming service catalog, not for box office, and paying off the critics is not needed in these cases.

>Disney makes them for their streaming service catalog
Not really. Poppins was disappointing to Disney. Beauty and the Beast and Jungle Book were hits. They wanted Aladdin to do $1 billion. They want Lion King to do $2 billion.

Wtf

When was the last good Will Smith movie?

NOOOOOO PAID EARLY IMPRESSIONS TOLD ME IT WAS GOOD AAAAAA HELP ME DISNEY MOMS

>Here's this rule I made up so I can justify hating the mcu/sw

Jungle book is already out????

I really hope Lion King bombs. It's the third damn Disney animation remake this year and so far they have two strikes. Arguably, The Lion King being remade is even more inappropriate than Aladdin, and all the problems Aladdin had are going to be even worse in The Lion King. It's literally going to be soul vs. soulless.

Attached: lion king original vs cg remake.jpg (700x368, 31K)

There is no agenda with this one. Probably the only thing they changed for the times is the scene where Jasmin subductes Jafar when she see’s Aladdin going for the lamp.

*inhales deeply*
OHNONOHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: MY SIDES.png (244x244, 103K)

based

YOU AIN'T NEVER HAD AN OHNONONONONO LIKE ME!

It just got bumped up to a 60% fresh on RT, so I guess the check cleared.

>that insane drop from the early reviews

At least the Disney money/pressure couldn't save it this time,

Men in Black III

fuck off Riley

youtube.com/watch?v=4PofrJqEQv0

WTF is this shit?

Bright

Not an argument

been out for three years

Jungle Book came out in 2016, boomer

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Jungle_Book_(2016_film)

i robot

Disney is getting sloppy, gotta bribe more reviewers with special perks next time

Not bad, but I enjoy way more the Robin Williams version, while in this it just sounds that Will is singing, in Robin Williams' it's like he's singing and narrating, incorporating lots of characters through the song.

B-but I thought disney spared no expense

Attached: FF7B68DF-F538-464F-88C4-F0991FC53148.jpg (303x275, 22K)

Good flick, but it will never top MIB, Enemy of the State, Bad Boys and Independence Day, all 90s' movies.

DJ KHAAAALED

WE DA BEST GENIE

And that's from critics that generally give Disney movies positive reviews for benefits. Impressive failure.

>B..b..but grace loved
Well, this is one of those times where she's wrong, user.

Disney is finally finished. We won boys
based

As do I. It has no reason to exist, it is literally just an inferior version of what already exists. Aladdin looks like a dumb movie, but at least is actually live action with real actors instead of all of it being purely cg. And like The Beauty and the Beast remake has at least added some new songs and plotlines to expand the story. There is no room for that in The Lion King so all we're getting is an ugly CG abomination that will look dated within 2 years and with a much worse all nigger voice cast. The live action Jafar is completely shit tier and so is the new version of Scar, totally ruined what made those villains menacing and memorable.

They'll make a shit tons because of 3rd world shitholes like latin America and Korea.

Until Lion King makes $2.5 billion and this board is furious.

>2019
>let's shove nigger shit into a kids movie

Everytime

Attached: 1557952074316.jpg (424x321, 22K)

AH THAT'S HOT, THAT'S HOT

Lion King will print money.
The Jungle Book which isn't nearly as popular made almost a billion

Just because Disney does intend to put those movies on their streaming service doesn`t mean they don`t want them to do well at the box office. Those aren`t cheap netflix movies, these are 150 million dollar movies, 250 if you count marketing, they could easily make five diferent 10 episodes long tv shows with that money. The Mandalorian wich is gonna be their biggest new production cost half of that. Also if nobody watches the movie on theaters they`re not gonna watch again at home or recommend it, specially if know that it was a flop.
This is just a retarded argument, marvel is fine, SW was fine (before solo), how many movies and franchises still make a shitload of money with bad reviews just because their IP is so popular. Movies like Nutcracker and A Wrinkle in Time are the ones that desperately need good reviews.

Everyone's expecting it to comfortably do a billion.

going to see it tomorrow

nothing else on

>imp[lying Disney isn't going to pull another black panther marketing campaign saying it's the first all black animated movie of all time

who asked for this shit

Black panther was already the first all black animated movie of all time.

We're (thankfully) not going to have to deal with that shit again until the inevitable Ms Marvel film.

Doubt it. It's going to be "WE WUZ AFRICANS N SHIIET. Every black person go see this to get in touch with your roots."

Nah, they would have started that now if they were going to go all in.

Not saying they won't do it at all, just that it's not going to be as unbearable.

Grace sometimes pushes that leftist agenda even though she tries to be bias. I would take whatever she says with a grain of salt.

Disney used to have heart. Maybe it was the subliminal messaging that fooled us, but those guys havent been impressive as of late. Especially with them now fully embracing the woke agenda. The only was is for them learn. Star Wars have seen a steady decline in ticket sales and overall merchandise. But yet the left access media is still doing their usual spin on how successful its been. Even though with every release they are losing money.

Marvel will suffer the same fate soon. SJW's don't by shit. They just want to highjack our content and supplant their flag on it. Then move on. They have no long term strategy which is why they can never make new characters.

Star Wars wasn't fine before Solo. Haven't you seen TLJ. Hell even TFA was hanging on for life support as it was nothing more than a remake of the New Hope. Star Wars is being run into the ground by people who just wants to push a leftist agenda. Same thing will happen for Marvel

A bonus to making big willie feel relevant again

>SW was fine (before solo)
What? Star Wars hasn't been fine in decades. TFA was as safe as possible because Disney had to bring the public back to Star Wars since the prequels had divided people, and ultimately all of the goodwill that TFA earned was completely ruined by TLJ. Disney is strangling Star Wars to death.

I was talking about the box office, not the quality of the movies.

>all black cast
>flop
You haven’t been paying attention, have you. All black cast is an automatic 20% added to RT and twitter kangz and qwaynz will be wearing dashikis and shaming their white celebrity pets into promoting it

why must Disney insist on destroying the legacy they built themselves, only for a few more sheckles ??
I don't get it, no one asked for that shit, not even the retarded zoomers. If you want to watch it watch the original. Disney seem hellbent on fulfilling the evil superpower corporate faceless entitiy cliché to the point.
I feel like we are in a bad superhero movie.

GUYS I DON'T FEEL SO GOOD

Attached: Uf46H1A.jpg (434x600, 40K)

They are adding a side plot where Simba gets captured by poachers and has to escape. He will probably bring a bunch of escaped animals with him to liberate Pride Rock, too. That is how they are going to pad up the movie with an extra half hour.

Adding humans to the Lion King is a huge artistic sin but I totally understand the corporate logic behind it. They can add a half hour to a remake of a 90 minute movie and get it up to 2 hours, and they can tick off the box that says "live action" even though all the animals and environments are CG. As long as there is at least one real human being in the movie they can claim it's a live action remake.

The rumor / leak that there are humans in the remake is extremely cynical and cash grabby which is precisely which it's believable.

Attached: 536935690.png (960x720, 19K)

YOU AINT NEVER HAD A FLOP LIKE ME

Koreans are mot third world

The Jungle Book came first though. Disney has released two live action remakes this year and both of them bombed. The Jungle Book was kind of novel at the time but I think people are getting bored of all these CG-heavy remakes.

Rap music was in every kids movie from the 90s through the 2000s

Disney is marketing it as live action though so they can't. They already pulled that shit with Black Panther, and they even did the first Black animated princess movie with Princess and the Frog.

These aren't franchise movies, it's not like they are hiding it or something, even The Last Jedi got good reviews for fucks sake

Based Yea Forums critic

Attached: 738326289.png (1080x525, 82K)

The sequels were still making money ($1.4 billion average, $550 million average in profits alone, acording to deadline) wich was my point all along. The merchandising and toy sales were terrible, but when comes to the movies box office they were doing fine, it wasn`t until solo that executives started panicking and changing shit.

No, it wasn't.

Is anybody surprised that it's shit though?

It's dropped down to 58% now. Is this the end of Guy Ritchies career?

Yikes!

Attached: Screenshot_20190522-133004_Chrome Beta.jpg (1079x385, 135K)

It was already well over with Arthur.
I don't know what Disney is thinking hiring these burnouts: Guy Ritchie, Tim Burton... They don't even market them.

Don't out yourself like that, Kim.

Attached: 1494437204891.gif (400x170, 1.27M)

Because they're on their last legs and are easily controlled.

But then get yourself any kind of random if you don't publicize your movie as a Guy Ritchie or Tim Burton flick (they wrote Tim Burton in the tiniest font possible on the Dumbo posters I saw around my town).
That's about the talent you need for a remake anyways. I'm pretty sure Bob Iger could even give his 18 year old niece the slot if he wanted.

Yaknow, what good movies has disney made lately? Like actually a pure disney product?

Long ago Pixar was its own production company, then disney bought them.
Marvel was its own production company, then disney bought them.
Lucasfilms was its own production company, then disney bought them
20th Century Fox was its own studio, then disney bought them.

The only “original” pure disney shit theyve released are all remakes of old disney movies and old disney rides... which, now that I think about it, almost all of them are based on old fairy tales.

You faggots missed the best review

Attached: al.png (751x102, 22K)

No fukkin way. Really??

I hope the earnings will reflect the reviews.

Poor Guy Ritchie. He should have realized he was only good at one type of movie

Attached: Screenshot_20190522-133627_Chrome Beta.jpg (1079x496, 190K)

Needs to be in the 30s. Otherwise it being rotten so far is good news.

Attached: 5391E7E0-E3E2-4C70-816C-2A0CA96E498B.jpg (384x256, 27K)

No you missed the best review

Attached: 1558540386057.png (585x320, 26K)

He needs to give us one more Man From UNCLE-tier success before he kills himself and Madonna

Is that guy just trolling? Reads like self-parody.

PotC and Tomorrowland. Live-action, anyway. I don't even care for their recent animated stuff.

Yea Forums is full of brainlets

>b-but I thought Disney always pays off the critics?!?
Two words: Sacrificial Lamb.

What Disney fails to realize though is that their live action remakes are actually a brand even if they don't see them that way. When one of them bombs it reflects badly on the next one. Dumbo and Aladdin don't exist in a vacuum away from Lion King.

That would have been Dumbo. They expected this to be a billion dollar film. Not every Disney failure is a grand scheme. Sometimes they just fail.

Let me just say that as an animator I have never felt more loved than I have while reading all the terrible reviews for live action Aladdin.

Attached: 35693569035670.png (645x428, 101K)

That prince ali song trailer was pure garbage

haha

Its gonna be 65 percent by Friday tho

The original animated 1992 version had rap references ('give me some tassle') alongside many many many other references in Robin Williams' masterful vocal performance. Smith rapping would still bring nothing innovative to this.

It doesn't matter. The news is already going around that it's rotten

>non-marvel/sw is allowed to be rated correctly
But nu-Aladdin 2019 is an SJW feminist fueled project.

they cast this younger guy as Jafar because there's going to be a feminist fueled sub story between Jasmine, and Jafar for control, and power of Agrabah. The Sultan is going to want to marry her off so Agrabah can have a new male leader, but new feminist Jasmine is going to be all about "Fuck that, I wanna rule Agrabah by my self because I'm a strong independent woman who don't need no man"
They even give her an all new POWERFUL song to stand up to him called "Speechless".
>video very related

youtube.com/watch?v=DwTogmKwYWo

Jasmine trying to take power from a man that's her equal aka a male more her own age is a more powerful feminist statement than if she was trying to take control of Agrabah from some older creepy male villain. This is the real reason we are getting a young hunky Jafar instead of a more sinister, movie accurate looking Jafar.

Attached: 2709146pba.jpg (1270x1566, 377K)

>Frank Scheck
how come they cut off two letters from his last name

It's been 8 years since the last 2D animated Disney movie, 10 if you count high profile, and there are none in development
They have abandoned their roots completely

How has it got a nigger as the genie an not a shitskin ?

And just to top it all off we aren't even getting a sexy midriff revealing Jasmine. They are giving her TFA Rey treatment.
>More adult live action version
>can't show Jasmines midriff
>Belly dance, also referred to as Arabic dance (Arabic: رقص شرقي, translit. Raqs sharqi, literally: "oriental dancing"), is an Arabic expressive dance
>Disney's new Jasmine on the left
>cover up Aladdin's chest with a gay shirt
The fucking early 90s cartoon was allowed to be more edgy than the more "adult" live action remak

Attached: 2709146oba.jpg (750x1414, 525K)

t.nigger

That's what happens when you make Aladdin into Abudabi by not pissing one group of Islamic people off, but the other Islamic people off.

Sexy dancing girl house has been replaced by burka wearing girls attending an all girl school so they don't have to grow up and need a man to support them.

Attached: Capture.jpg (1278x1430, 392K)

I'm pretty sure the original was just a mom and her 3 daughters. Disney always has the sexy side characters that wanna get with the MC.

I don't wanna live in Disney's weird asexual world

Attached: 1040461-superman_reeve.jpg (445x363, 28K)

This movie is Yea Forums certified.

>tfw they made the costume have a brown part on purpose just to trick everyone
fuck disney

Does this mean Godzilla actually has a chance now?

So basically they are trying to make Jasmine for danyfags. That is a completely unrealistic depiction of a woman of the region, even back when Arabia was more liberal towards women. The original made it clear that Jasmine was being sent asshole after asshole and it had made her jaded about the idea of marriage. She wanted freedom, not power, which is a believable story.

Attached: 345983569.jpg (1125x1997, 218K)

It's crazy because, at the time, Aladdin 1992 was considered one of the funniest movies of all time by critics- Mostly because of Robin Williams, but still. It wasn't some preachy melodrama with faggoty Marvel quip "humor" like this new version will probably be. It was funny while also being one of the most romantic Disney films.

They even took the sex out of Star Wars. I swear to God my generation is absolutely frigid when it comes to sex unless it's LGBTQLMNOP.

Attached: 356935693560.jpg (1000x1000, 663K)

8 more days bros!

Attached: KTlw.gif (300x126, 859K)

All of you missed the best review.

Attached: Screenshot.png (1080x536, 115K)

based

>a mom
Some people mistook her as the madam in charge of a brothel house so shes been turned into a school teacher.

>I know this feel

Attached: aa.jpg (1276x1435, 307K)

Grace is blatant leftie.

I'm pretty sure kids would never make the connection that it could be a brothel, but, then again, this remake isn't intended for kids. It's meant for millennial nostalgiafags.

Original vs live action remake.

Attached: Soul VS No Soul.webm (360x405, 2.84M)

The contrast is so fucking stark.. I'm not a fan of Disney or and I'm not big on nostalgia, but goddamn.

I liked it.

Attached: image.jpg (166x196, 10K)

Very cool.

Attached: safasdgx.png (768x510, 829K)

this is so fucking lame, he just looks like some guy dancing around instead of teleporting around and hyping up Aladdin even more from inside the crowd

You cant do all that stuff if you only know black magic tho.

the movie is only paid off when its successful

Its 60 now. The shills just showed up late guys.

brutal