Trail by Combat

who wins

Attached: C17DF246-94B5-4C32-88FD-40A79E1DA52A.jpg (232x130, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fC1dVsTkmSI
youtube.com/watch?v=lhzVukK4WkQ
youtu.be/NJMyz5MBE2s?t=71
m.youtube.com/watch?v=afqhBODc_8U
youtube.com/watch?v=afqhBODc_8U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Jon. Every time.

Jon. Grey worm is a fucking eunuch

Jon is a better fighter but I'm pretty sure spear against sword is a massive disadvantage for the sword.

That would've been actually an interesting resolution

Jon is the best fighter in the planet for the moment

Jon clowns him and dabs just before cutting off his head, dooku style

Id they use their usual weapons Jon has no chance. With swords, Jon wins.

Depends if armor works this time or not.

Greyworm easily because spear > sword and armor doesn't exist in this show

Brienne would easily lay him out

Spears seem kinda useless if you get in close enough

God damn it why didn't they fight

Grey Worm.

Are people fucking retarded? Fighting has been Grey Worm's entire life since birth, and the Unsullied picked him to be their leader.

Jon was never a top tier fighter, and got absolutely BTFO by Mance Rayder.

In the show that retarded cut throat who took Craster's keep would have beat Jon if that woman didn't jump in

Jon if they allow him to use a shiedld

>if you get in close enough
lol good luck

Valyrian steel could just cut the spear in half. The answer is simple

>be jon
>demand trial by combat
>pick arya as your champion

ez

>retarded cut throat
that man was a legendary fighter though

eunuchs have no balls and no test, its no contest

What is a trail by combat?

>Greyworm tries to stab Jon with the spear
>Jon moves to the right and cuts off the tip
>Greyworm has to fight Jon with a wooden stick

Do you have a single fact to back that up? What strong opponents has be bested in combat? The answer is fucking nobody.

This
Grey worm has far more experience than Jon and a spear gives him the advantage of reach

Retard

>t. Absolute retard

>I was a legend in gin alley
>A FOOKING LEGEND

Attached: B9EDCEB1-76B8-434D-B052-EA11C21215BF.jpg (1280x720, 58K)

Jon would peel that nigger apart.

He got into a 1x1 against a White Walker and won
youtube.com/watch?v=fC1dVsTkmSI

Valyrian steel isn't a lightsaber, retard. you got pleb filtered.

The white walkers weren't shown to be particularly skilful

>Trail

So did fucking Sam.

Jon beat the White Walker whilst he was shocked at Jon being able to block his sword without it shattering

>I DAMMAN TRIAH BAH COMBAH
>*DRUMS STARTS BANGING*

>What strong opponents has be bested in combat?
Dozens of wildlings. Dozens of Bolton-aligned soldiers. Dozens of Wights and at least one White Walker.

Now THAT would have been a good ending.

>tfw we never got another white walker fight after this
What the hell

and?

Brienne cut through a steel sword with it in the show, it's pretty underplayed how effective it is

just like in my animes
youtube.com/watch?v=lhzVukK4WkQ

Grey worm has put on a lot of fat over the last few seasons.
Even in his prime, he’s a formation fighting soldier, whereas Jon is a warrior king who’s been tested in solo and outnumbered combat. Jon wins against him every time.

>wights

Sam never had a 1x1 swordbattle against a WW

t. Never-Read-The-Booksfag

>formation fighting soldiers wont have one on one experience

Nothing personnel

Jon barely had a sword fight, he took it out after like one parry

Yes Wights you fucking brainlet. Or do you think you could just stab an enemy that feels no pain to death as if it were easy?

Depends on who has more teleportation powers left

>Or do you think you could just stab an enemy that feels no pain to death as if it were easy?

when you're wielding Valyrian steel that can 1 shot them, yes

Yeah and normal steel can 1 shot a human you fucking retard.

They're irrelevant to combat against a skilful opponent sweet pea

John Cena

>bruh killing a zombie is so easy lmao just use a macguffin
>forget all the wildlings and soldiers that died in combat even with dragonglass weapons that didn't happen
You people are profoundly retarded.

Any named character can defeat countless mob enemies. Sam survived the final battle against the WW sobbing in a corner while a thousand battle hardened dothraki and unsullied dropped like flies.

whosever plot armor's the thickest

>Any named character can defeat countless mob enemies.
Here's the fucktard that uses plot armor as a justification for why magic zombies aren't dangerous.

Name some amazing feats from the show

The White Walkers mostly relied on shattering their opponents weapons. When it doesn't work on Jon, you can tell that Walker knows he's done.

OF the moment, i told you to say OF the fucking moment

Attached: 01195E56-AC81-4FCF-88BF-8E29F06C791E.jpg (230x250, 26K)

They are very dangerous if you have a red shirt on but otherwise not really. Im just trying to make the point that we dont really know how strong Jon is in single combat.

If experience killing a feral unarmed wight is relevant to who the more skilful fighter in hand to hand combat with another human is you might as well consider fighting off wild dogs experience
If you see how stupid this sounds, congratulations, you now understand why thinking killing wights is irrelevant (which, by the way, grey worm has also done anyway)

>that retarded cut throat

You should shut your fucking hole!..., ugly little cunt.

Karl Tanner could piss in any gutter and soak five of Grey Worms.

Attached: the fooking legend.jpg (1280x720, 24K)

So what you're implying is that Valyrian Steel is mundane when your argument requires it and all the scenes where characters communicate how special it is mean nothing? Great argument, for a retard.
>i-it's not special
>even though only two people know how to work it and everyone wants it
>you might as well consider fighting off wild dogs experience
Yeah I'd like to see you fight off a pack of wild dogs, incel.

>retarded cut throat
THE FOOKIN LEGEND YOU MEAN

Suck my dick
lol

HE WAS A FOOKIN LEGEND IN GIN ALLEY YOU CUNT

>I'd like to see you try it then h-haha
I thought it would take at least 2 more (you)s for you to tap out like a bitch desu

Spears only work in formations.

Nice non-argument cuck. Could you fight off a pack of wild dogs with no combat skill, yes or no?

>Didn't see Oberyn BTFO of the Mountain

Poison isn't a spear.

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (480x270, 72K)

>Trial by combat
Imagine if this was the actual legal system

Jon has a plot armor more thick than Brosnan's wife

It's fancy steel prized for its rarity, not a lightsaber. Also I meant to write show there, so name those amazing feats performed with it.

>power level discussion

Attached: 1558201575528.png (564x603, 633K)

He's not wrong, Spear and Shield blows Sword the fuck out.

>Fighting has been Grey Worm's entire life since birth
Jon has been trained by a Master-At-Arms since he was old enough to carry a sword so I don't know what point you think you're making but it's not a very good one.

It's retarded even in the context of Westeros.

Arthur Dayne or prime Selmy could essentially get away with any crime they want as nobody could beat them 1v1

>Jon was never a top tier fighter
but thats wrong

Attached: Bj.jpg (780x437, 105K)

Counterpoint: Jon doesn't have scoliosis

the hound cut through a steel sword with another steel sword

There's a difference between being trained to fight like a Lord, and fighting being your life 24/7 from Birth as a slave until you're old enough to be sold.

>m-muh lightsaber argument
You are cancer. Well made steel can break shittier steel. The whole fucking thing is partially based off of Damascus Steel which was said by Crusaders to be fully capable of breaking shoddily made weapons. It's not just that but it's -magic- Damascus Steel so fuck off with your lightsaber bullshit.

Actually I meant to write books. I have no excuses.

Jon. Grey Worm only does will against unarmed men.

Attached: 8D2DBAF5-DCAF-4410-9D49-2ECD042C20C2.jpg (624x589, 29K)

>but thats wrong

It's not wrong, Jon has never beaten a top fighter, the only named fighters he has faced in both the book and show he has been beaten by

Beating peasants in leather wielding a rusty sword isn't impressive

He killed another one easy peasy in S7 as well
youtu.be/NJMyz5MBE2s?t=71

>watch it with guys
>they think it's stupid, and start bringing up dozens of logical loopholes

>watch it with women
>they all think it should be real, because "handsome, strong guys" shouldn't be killed just for making a mistake

Yeah because Unsullied are so well known for their unpredictable fighting style huh? Don't try to pull the Karl Tanner bullshit here. Unsullied fight with kata, not some ultra-pragmatic fighting style developed by a street fighter.

Name some examples from the books.

>jon fights him, kicks his ass
>greyworm loses his spear
>jon has him on his knees, ready for decap
>jon lowers his sword:"no,im not like you, I don't murder the helpless"
>jon: Now get the fuck out of westeros and never come back you fucking drone nigger

Attached: 07-natalie-dormer-43[1].jpg (480x360, 33K)

Unsullied are a meme. Slave eunuchs being disciplined phalanx fighters somehow turns them into super soldiers in the show.
I like how he biggest danger of owning Unsullied is that they'll get fat if left to their own devices, and Grey Worm's actor actually bulked out.

Yes but grayworm could barely fit in his letter suit in the last season. That nigger got hooked to hard on kfc.

Jon's not a particularly gifted fighter and the Unsullied are legendary Spartan-tier warriors whose whole lives are just fighting and war. They maintained tight military discipline during the undead fight while Jon ran around like a mong. I don't believe they've never had to contend with swords before, either.

I'd say Grey Worm.

the absolute state of Yea Forums

Attached: 1524075152428.jpg (785x562, 76K)

Not him but

>Arthur Dayne vs The Smiling Knight

Dawn is slightly above normal valyrian steel, but the point is the same, the smiling knight's sword was worse steel so got destroyed to the point where he couldn't use it anymore

If you're expecting a fucking quote and a page number maybe you should ask a Priest. You just got blown the fuck out and so did your lightsaber hyperbole.
>b-b-but Steel can't cut through Steel! That's crazy! Only lasers can do that!

Sam backstabbing one is not the same as Jon swordfighting one. If shit like that counted, Lyanna Mormont would be GOAT for 1v1 with a giant wight.

Ramsay Bolton confirmed Jon was a legendary badass.

This final season of GoT really has made all the 'tards come crawling out of the woodwork.

>Dawn is slightly above normal valyrian steel
Dawn is made of meteorite, right? It is really superior to Valyrian Steel?

So still no examples and need I remind you this is about Jon just cutting off a spearhead in one strike and not a sword? Not gonna happen because physics unless you manage to hit it in the same place over and over

The White Walkers against humans were obviously used to just shattering weapons, not super fighters. When Jon had its personal Kryptonite, it was fucked.

Ramsay saw Jon as his opposite and just wanted to believe his enemy was super badass.

That sword was weakened by R'hllor's fire.

Dawn is from meteoric iron yes. The books describe it as visually distinct from Valyrian steel but very similar in its physical properties.
>m-muh lightsabers
Kill yourself.

Jon is a 5'7 manlet who got rekt by Mance

The Hound is also one of the strongest men alive and his steel was probably better. Brienne cutting through a sword is the only example I can think of in the show

(checked)
i agree satan

Okay then retard. Try again when you have a source

Grey Worm he has more experience and hes also black meaning he isnt held back by shitty honor like Jon the retard.

>y-you need a source to assert that good steel fucks up shittier steel
No, I don't. You are a retard.

>retarded cut throat
Karl Tanner is literally the greatest character in the show and the greatest fighter. There isn't a single person in the show that could've taken him 1v1 except Drogo and the Clegane brothers who were basically gods.

>The outlaw's longsword had so many notches by the end that Ser Arthur had stopped to let him fetch a new one. "It's that white sword of yours I want," the robber knight told him as they resumed, though he was bleeding from a dozen wounds by then. "Then you shall have it, ser," the Sword of the Morning replied, and made an end of it. (Jaime VIII, ASOS)

He's not even 5'7", I met him once and he was a good couple inches shorter than me even with platform shoes and I am definitely a 5'7" manlet. I think he's 5'4"

Jon because he isn't a phalangite

Hey Karl, how's it going?

Are you actually retarded?

Whoever the plot needs most

>Dawn is from meteoric iron yes. The books describe it as visually distinct from Valyrian steel but very similar in its physical properties.
If it can kill magic beings like White Walkers and Wights, i think i may have my new swordfu

Attached: 1556311322599.jpg (1357x1920, 730K)

Jon's been locked in a dungeon and malnourished for a couple of months.

They could have given Karl a couple dragonglass daggers and sent him after the Night King and this shit could have ended long time ago.

Why the fuck is some cockless mongrel following an inbred rape baby asking me questions?

To whom it may concern. Vid showing how swords are better than spears 1 on 1. Also even in formation spears have issues, see the romans fucking up the various green states with short swords.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=afqhBODc_8U

The Mountain also chops Oberyn's spear and yeah he's also extremely strong but Valyrian steel is not only super sharp but also super light. It's not impossible to assume Jon could chop a spear apart

>lorelets thinking that Unsullied are trained from childhood o be super soldiers
>Not being trained from chuldhood to be mindless emotionless drones who don't retreat and are ok with suicide-level outmatching

They're bulk-trained by the thousand to be emotional cripples. They're not given special super soldier training, just trained to die for whoever has a receipt for them.

Jon would BTFO put of Grey Worm in single combat. He's gone from competent swordsman trained by the North's Master-at-Arms and his bretty-good tier "dad" to cutting through enemy soldiers and undead monsters like butter.

Greek states*

>mindless emotionless drones who don't retreat and are ok with suicide-level outmatching
basically jihadists?

>retarded cut throat
You shut chour FOOKIN HOLE! Shtupid ugly looking cunt face. You look like a fooken ballsaCK

Attached: d017759184fade5a84ffa93bb29c32d3--karl-game-of.jpg (236x312, 7K)

that happened

Basically. They win battles by zerg rushing, like when they defended Qohor from the Dothraki. Dothraki only win battles through spoiling opponents, and the unsullied bought by the ruler of Qohor didn't get spooked and rushed them so the Dothraki fucked off. They're just trained how to use all sorts of weapons and not to show fear or get horny in a siege. They're not legions of super soldiers.

they train literally every day for their entire lives though?? Do you not know what makes a super soldier

>a super soldier
Okay Captain America you keep thinking that.

The dude with the somewhat bearable posture.

Attached: virgin_walk_v_chad_stride.webm (960x540, 2.66M)

I can believe that a good quality sword can bust up shitty swords over time, if anything this just disproves that they're amazing lightsabers.

Continue being a retard then, be my guest. Based user above is at least trying.

you can kiss America's Ass faggot

You know how I know you faggots dont watch got? Nobody has shut down this spear vs sword convo with the mountain vs oberyn gifs

Because it's some dumbass wushu shit and not actual spear combat.

You're the one that thinks top grade steel can't smash a pig iron spearhead or its wooden shaft.

Spearmen are supposed to get dicked hard by swordmen you brainlets, and pikecels got slaughtered by double handed swordsmen
Learn your roman and medieval history you weebs

This entire conversation started with some user saying Jon could just cut through the spear in one cut. Which is bullshit, thus far we've established that its amazing steel can notch shitty steel until it eventually becomes unwieldy. Read: you can't cut through it with one cut. Now provide more proof or remain silent.

The Mountain cuts through Oberon's spear with a normal fucking sword, but apparently you think Valyrian steel just can't handle the job? You are fucking stupid and grasping at straws.

I agree. real question is Greyworm or Bronn?

Indeed, because normal swords can't cut through spears*, smartass.
*It could work if you put the spear in a vice or something and don't let it move.

Grey Worm. I don't want to back this up, I just think he'd win.

>here's my opinion as someone with zero experience on hema

>unironically fire emblem posting

>normal swords can't cut through wood or damage steel
You are DEEPLY fucking stupid.

Qorin Halfhand. But he did kinda job it on purpose huh.

I'll have you know spears beat swords every time.

Attached: 1396890877124.jpg (800x654, 180K)

Flared nosed nigger can only kill unarmed surrendered soldiers

Jon would easily win, no contest

youtube.com/watch?v=afqhBODc_8U
swordbabbies BTFO

Yeah, yeah. Now provide a source for valyrian steel doing amazing stuff already. Need I remind you of this: You claim it does stuff in the books so what is it???

Dawn is made from some sort of meteoric ore. Nobody knows exactly what sort it is, just that it's pale and actually shines.

It's pretty much a lightsaber.

That's what I said, OF the moment

Attached: The_Thick_of_It_-_Nicola_Murray.jpg (624x352, 19K)

>Now provide a source for valyrian steel doing amazing stuff already
There's nothing amazing about high grade steel ruining lower grade steel you mentally deficient mongoloid. You are, at this very moment, implying that a steel sword of any kind can not chop a spear's shaft apart. You are INCREDIBLY fucking retarded. Consider suicide.

Attached: KendoGirl.gif (300x300, 1.99M)

The Mountain is The Mountain.

Greyworm would trash Jon.

Source it and stop moving goalposts.

Oh so now The Mountain magically changes the physical properties of his sword just by holding it? Wow. That's fucking stupid.

Kill yourself retard.

Attached: SteelonSteel.gif (387x217, 1.62M)

Source, user-kun

Jon would win, he's white and niggers are subhuman

Is grey worm supposed to be a good fighter? Who has he beaten that's significant?

I love how tv suddenly loves to downplay unsullied because now it's him vs Jon. Like greyworm hasn't been shown to be an amazing fighter and leader. This board is full of normies faggots

I'm not going to provide you a source for the fact that different grades of steel have different physical properties. It is an empirical fact. Kill yourself.

I'm not going to watch your gay video, the history of romans and medieval german states show that swords can be used to counter polearm heavy armies hard
Romans destroyed greek and celtic spear walls with short swords and germans destroyed pike walls with greatswords
There are other examples like the scotts but there is no need to keep elaborating
And this is at a grand scale, spears become even less advantaged in duels, nobody used polearms in duels

I just want a source of valyrian steel doing amazing stuff, user. Why is that so hard for you?

You're going down

Attached: 1552510175613.gif (334x186, 3.93M)

He was too busy showboating

I think it's more the typical racism than anything else lol.
Jon was never a particularly good fighter. Greyworm would obliterate him.

Jon. Unsullied are literally only special because they work really well as a unit and have very high discipline. Individually they are weaker than the average man, in no small part due to having lost their junk.
This is literally canon, by the way, it's one of the reasons they get shanked so easily in Mereen by the Sons of the Harpy. Good soldiers, shitty warriors.

>Romans destroyed greek and celtic spear walls with short swords and germans destroyed pike walls with greatswords
Careful there user don't say anything too obvious to anyone with even a mild education in history. They might demand a source for something they can very easily google.
I'm not going to fucking say this again: If Valyrian steel is even marginally better than normal steel it will ruin garbage metals. Considering the properties it demonstrated in the book (which have been directly referenced in quotes more than once in this thread by people other than me by the way) then it's not "amazing" at all. It's perfectly fucking reasonable.

What if they were both armed with one of these bad boys?

Attached: Lajatang.png (488x87, 21K)

>spear is reach advantage
Jon fought a dude with a bow (Ramsey, the longest of ranges) and bested him easily.

I think Jon is a superior fighter by far.
He had the training of a knight, was taught by a master at arms, and often had to fight in chaotic melee.
1v1 is his field.
Greyworm is a shocktrooper trained as an expendable mook in formations, and used to fight very unskilled opponents.
The best of them,maybe, but nothing more.
Plus Jon has a valyrian greatsword, which gives him the possibility to easily break a spear.

Don't @ me again until you actually have a source, user. And we've already established that the worst it does to a shitty sword is notch it.

The unsullied in the books are basedboys that are only great because of their discipline, discipline doesn't matter in a duel, fuck off bookcels
Jon has been sparring all his life and has a strong testosterone fueled body, the usullied drill formations and shit

>I'm not going to watch anything that challenges my dumb opinions
As expected of swordbabby

The reason Romans won against greek phalanxes was not necessarily due to the superiority of the short sword over the pike, only that the rigid phalanx formation allowed the disciplined romans with superior tactics to outmaneuver and destroy them. Not only that, but zweihanders were not super successful at breaking pike walls, which is why pike and shot was pretty much on its own the most popular way of fighting when everybody figured their shit out.

>@ me
You have to go back faggot. Kill yourself.

Attached: Masterwork.jpg (2800x450, 67K)

Oh my is that a source I see? Oh, of course not.

This is embarrassing, senpai.

No time

Attached: benjen.jpg (700x700, 154K)

>unironically linking cringybeige

Attached: 1555534713782.png (645x773, 11K)

You're denying basic properties of physical materials and just outed yourself as a redditfag. The only thing you're going to get from me from now on is "Kill yourself."

Grey worm couldn't handle some gypsies with daggers in Meeren

jesus why can't wh*toids into fight choreography

Grey Worm, you can't punch him in the dick because he doesn't have one.

Kek. Embarassing user. Very embarassing.
These guys have absolutly no skills. A special force with a knike could kill them both at the same time.

Jon had a escalating power level throughout the entire show where it was common people would get completely nerfed via neutering or disease.
The idea he went north of the wall, survived the walkers, recruited wildings, took over the watch after a mutiny and large scale battle, came back to the north, survived Battle of the bastards and became King of the North, is absurd and gives him the biggest plot armor by default
Jon should stomp greyworm in but he was so fucking useless and pathetic in the last season that I might actually give the guy with no balls the edge on him.

>Retarded cut throat
You mean the FOOKIN LEGEND OF GIN ALLEY, You'd have to be Khal Drogo levels to even have a chance

This guy has a point, but if Jon wields Longclaw, the valyrian steel will just slice the spear on the first deflect.

>only that the rigid phalanx formation allowed the disciplined romans with superior tactics to outmaneuver and destroy them
What about celtic spear walls brainlet?

Look up any YouTube vid about a sparring session between a spear and a sword. The spear wins hands down.

Dudes with zweihandiers fought alongside pikemen in formation, it wasn't about breaking their pikes, more chopping down a dude whenever you saw a chance

>oim not thee best, neva hav

What strong opponent has greyworm bested in 1v1?

He's a formation warrior.

they literally are super soldiers, that's how they are described in the books. they're not superHUMAN, but they are head and shoulders a superior fighting force to everything else on known planetos. soldiering is a function of discipline and unit cohesion, and no one else even comes close in that regard.

are you seriously asking why the romans beat the celts

Explain why in LOTR: Battle for middle-earth 2 the sword beats spear??

>sparring sessions
>Ha I tapped you with my spear, I win!
If you're wearing armor getting jabbed with a spear won't do shit

But user I still don't understand what crucial information I'm missing from the books. Clearly you know something I don't. We've already established that the best it can do is notch normal swords.

Want to DM about this?

>le celts where savages meme
nigger the romans stole chainmail,longswords and pilums from celts
late roman armies were literally just better equiped celts

He was a fookin legend you daft cunt

ugly lookin' cunt

>superman swinging a giant sword
>your noodle arm swinging a dicklet sword
oh wow yeah it's totally crazy how these could have different results

>Jon dodges the spear to left/right because the moveset is slow and predictable as fuck and promptly cuts the spear in half by slashing the wooden handle
>Grey worm is now utterly fucked as he has no weapon and Jon slashes him
Wow, that was hard.

this isn't fire emblem you fucking moron

I watched a lot of them, and most vids on youtube are worthless. They are usually posted by people with poor or no training, trying to recreate lost techniques by playing with wooden sticks, or poor replicas (a specialty of burger "documentaries").
Duelists used mostly swords in history all over the world for a good reason. Many in fact. And the realism is not their strong point either. What if the swordman decides it is worth getting a fleshwound to impale his opponent ? A real swordman oc, trained for years by veterans, learning to kill and survive for years, not just scoring points with sticks.
Touching a man is different from maiming him. And, oc, exists the solution of breaking your opponent's weapon when possible. Or grabbing it. In fact, we have no clue of how most ancient fighting was done. Just that most 1v1 were swords, and polearms and spears dominating the battlefieds.
Knights in late plate being a very special case, requiring hammers and halberds, since nothing else worked in melee.

>Clearly you know something I don't.
Yeah apparently so, like the shear strength of steel alloy.

>strong testosterone fueled body
>5'4"
LOL

well they were savages that were an undisciplined fighting force with maybe some chain mail versus a heavily disciplined fighting professional fighting force with smarter tacticians and generals with better tactics period. read a book sometime or something instead of regurgitating memes you hear on the internet

I do believe in the ability to shear with valyrian steel but that's not relevant

>grey worm apologists
lmao

tick tock swordfags

i love how retards think ancient history is a battle of which weapon the fucking grugs were wielding in the dirt

Karl would be drinking wine from your ugly cunt skull in 2 seconds you fucking queer.

Don't be silly user, I own a gun.

tick tock dexfags

What's a gun meant to do against a FOOKIN LEGEND. You're walking down Gin Alley one day and then you're finished

If swords were useless against spears why did people use them

>That would've been actually an interesting resolution

Worm: he killed the Queen, he needs to die
Northmen: nope, we won't let you
Worm: then prepare for battle
Davos: no, enough bloodshed already
Worm: then I challenge him to a fight
Jon: whoever wins, no revenge on the loosers, they go home
Worm: ok

They fight in front of two two standing armies. They exchange insults. Does not matter who wins, but Jon dying would be OK, too.

>What's a gun meant to do against a FOOKIN LEGEND
Put a hole in its torso?

Because they were used as sidearms or used with a shield. If you were equipped with just a sword like Jon you'd be absolutely fucked unless you were way above the spearman's level

Katana can just cut a spear in half.
SEETH more spearfags.

>katana is nippon steel folded a million times
>valyrian steel is valyrian steel folded a million times
whoa

Spears are far superior to swords in 1 on 1 combat, I thought this was common knowledge?

>Because they were used as sidearms or used with a shield
Not hand-and-a-halfs senpai.

Attached: BastardSwords.jpg (538x694, 382K)

If spears were useless against bows why did people use them? If a pistol is useless against a tank why do people use them?

duelists used swords because duels were conducted off the battlefield, unarmored, with sidearms you could easily carry around with you. in cases where people dueled armor, they preferred polearms.

Thats the fookin legend of Gin Alley you are talking about. Show some respect.

Pretty sure those fall under sidearms

that's the thing - they didn't, for the most part.

If we're going based off the TV show then greyworm wins easily. His feats are much better. He's shown fighting multiple opponents at once.

Only if you count a lance as a primary weapon, but it isn't worth a damn if you get dismounted.

Jon would lose. Gray Worm had a better training. He would kill Khal Drogo too.

He would probably kill Jon with his own sword, just to show off.

Valyrian steel is not a fucking lightsaber. The only quality it has over regular steel is that it keeps the edge indefinitely.

this

Grey worm has no dick, and his testosterone would be so low that based Jon would fucking destroy him.

Ffs the Night King wouldnt even fight Jon

Attached: 1539585913971.jpg (306x409, 12K)

it's also lighter

Depends who's writing. D&D? Jon wins every time.

If he wasn't taken to the Watch, would he have fought back against the invading sand niggers? Would he have defended the Gin Alley against the hordes of rampaging eunuchs? Would he have been knighted on the spot by a passing knight? I think he would've.

>implying a guy with a spear would face off with an archer
>implying anyone would square off with a fucking tank
Literally not true, there are shit tons of drawings like and medieval training manuals for sword fighting and we even have plenty of examples of surviving swords. It probably wasn't standard issue for the rank and file, but a soldier with armor and a longsword would be fine fighting against spearmen

You motherfucking disrespectful nigger. He killed the single greatest duelist to ever grace Flea Bottom. Karl FOOKING Tanner couldn't handle based Jon

Attached: fookin digustin.png (300x319, 152K)

because they are racist. that's why they made dany and her foreign army the bad guys too.

Folding is not what you think it is user. It has to do with their shitty iron ore. Modern replicas can reach the same sharpness without folding.
The main reason of the katana sharpness is the composition of the blade, and the fact they chose to sharpen them to that points, for good reasons, mainly most opponents were unarmored. Since, iirc, katana are not a battlefield main weapon, samurai had....spears, bows, etc.
But outside of it, usually, the opponent wears only clothes, so a very sharp blade is the best choice. If he has armor, the edge will dull quickly, without cutting through and weakening the blade. Thats why knights, fighting only armored targets (men at arms were also armored, reality is not hollywood), chose not to sharpen theirs.

Sparring doesn't mean shit for actual combat.
You 'win' by touching your opponent regardless of how deadly that hit is. Actually harming your opponent isn't a desirable outcome.
The sword is blunted so there is no way you can 'win' unless you charge into the spear, which is retarded.

Even if Jon wouldn't one-shot the spear with Valyrian fucking steel, he has no reason not to keep his distance untill he breaks it with repeated hits, disarms or outwits his opponent. Once the spear gives in, Jon wins.

Isn't it repeatedly stated in the books that while the unsullied are amazing soldiers they make poor 1 on 1 fighters.

Precisely. It is nice to see someone has made his researches.

go look up the first chechen war

>spearfags
I love seeing shitters in souls games using spears and being btfo every time
spears are for twink fags, just like grey worm

Huh. Didn't expect there to be so many pole craving spear lovers here, what with how low the percentage of homosexuals relative to the general population is.

Attached: I came here to laugh.jpg (640x480, 33K)

>Grey worms testosterone would be too low
>But the manlet has plenty

Attached: 1558474666415.gif (500x400, 996K)

Jon has the testosterone of a eunuch though.

>it's in a manual therefore it was common
nah.

I DUN WUN IT DANNIE

Attached: jonpotato.png (645x729, 216K)

Jon has more testosterone and probably more muscle mass since grey worm doesn't has his balls.

>muh spandau man
armor totally changes everything

>Karl FOOKING Tanner couldn't handle based Jon
You disrespectful nigger, Jon didn't stand a chance against the FOOKIN LEGEND, he just had a bitch shank the legend from behind. 1v1 that mutt is just another body Karl Tanner pisses on in Gin Alley

Jon was willing to give up women by choice. His testosterone levels are clearly quite low.

Irrelevant. If you have a spear and a dude with bow shows up you can't just switch weapons like in RPG

If it wasn't common why would people be writing guides on how to do it?

>Basically Jesus Christ blessed with a magic sword granting him plot-based right-or-wrong superpowers in a situation where he is 1000% in the right. Has battled magical ice demons in single combat and won, has gone into battle with the odds against him every time and won.
>versus supporting cast whose greatest achievement is following a bitch with the fantasy equivalent of nukes and getting a way more interesting character killed to save his life, has never won a single important battle on his own.

Gee, what a hard decision.

Bruce lee was a manlet and I don't think human beings get any manlier than him.

Im sure I missed some of you spearstists and No-Books but please refer to the image.

Attached: This just in.jpg (1200x630, 104K)

I knew that but thanks.

>t. Lindybeige

the unsullied are chosen for their physical traits in childhood like chinese olympians. jon is a manlet with inbred targ genes and northern spasticity but has testicles. who has the physical advantage is pretty much a tossup.

An archer isn't gonna run down and melee with a spearman he's just gonna pick him off from a distance.

Book Jon BTFOs everyone, even Jaime

>the man with no balls has higher testosterone
>testosterone lvl is decided by height
My sides

>showfags

Exactly. The spearman loses the fight

But he’s right you know.

out of fancy, autism, fad. there are guides for all sorts of things. there are guides for dueling with a two handed agricultural scythe, doesn't mean it was common.

and if you follow the thread you'll realize that the post you were responding to was about sword vs spear on the battlefield, not duels, which is the preoccupation of your precious manuals.

*dabs on you in Elvish*

Attached: leabdollen.jpg (639x271, 16K)

The one who's body doesn't produce testosterone anymore.
GOT logic.

How many centuries did it take him to learn that? should had studied chemistry and invented guns
What a fag

/his/ here. This user is right. Single-hand swords are a sidearm; spear beats them every time in a 1v1. In formation swords can work, but not in a duel.

Yes. Easy choice:
Jon.
Eunuchs cut in their childhood have no testicles, and are stalled in their devellopment especially muscle mass.
Want to know how a realistic army of unsullied would look like ? An army of slimer varys, with high pitched voices, almost no muscles and strength. Kek.

what is wrong with this idiot

>Jon has back to white walker.
>Walker could just stab Jon in the back for a free kill.
>Instead he opts to pull Jon, tossing him away.
>After a tussle, Jon finds a weapon.
>White walker shatter's Jon's weapon, leaving him completely defenseless.
>Instead of stabbing Jon, the walker his him with the blunt end of his staff.
>"The Night King wants Jon alive. They must be linked in some way"
>Fast forward to season 8
>The Night King gives absolutely zero fucks about Jon.

Why does no one mention how retarded this was?

>implying people in the middle ages could shit out a wikihow guide for any autistic shit they wanted
>implying general fighting techniques couldn't be applied on a battlefield just as well
>implying people spent the money, time and effort to make a sword and then never brought it to a battle

Grey Wprm and his bitches have only ever fought slaver owner soldiers. Look at them getting their arses constantly kicked in battle until Dany shows up with her dragons. They only got to kill a few kingsguard properly because they had Northmen fighting with them.

Jon would kick his cockles ass.

What? Fighting pajeets all his life? Unsullied would only win battles because of Dany and her Dragons.

Based retard. You made me laugh.

>keeps the edge indefinitely.
>ned stark autistically sharpening Ice

These episodes were great. Kits acting shon in them. Love it when hes audibly shocked that his sword stops the white walkers.

TV Show:
"The Unsullied (Astapori Valyrian: Dovoghedhi) are elite warrior-eunuchs bred and trained in Astapor, one of the three major cities of Slaver's Bay. They are slave-soldiers famed for their skills and discipline in battle. They are also often purchased from Astapor by some of the Free Cities, such as Qohor.

Unsullied battle tactics are based on the legions of the old Ghiscari Empire, with large groups of them fighting in lock-step phalanxes using spear and shield, though they are also trained to use shortswords for close-quarters combat. Slave-eunuchs who have been trained from birth to fight, the Unsullied are renowned for their utter discipline on the battlefield, both in their usage of incredibly coordinated large unit phalanx formations, and because they will never break in the face of overwhelming odds, even to the point of death.

Unsullied training begins when the boys are five years old: some were selected to be Unsullied as infants and castrated then, though any slave boy up to the age of five may be later selected to be made into an Unsullied, and then castrated. For over a decade until they are full-grown, they train from dawn to dusk until they have mastered the shortsword, shield, and three lengths of spear, as well as their training to fight together as organized phalanxes. The training regimen is utterly brutal, and because of this, only one out of every four boys survives until the end.

Because they are eunuchs, the Unsullied will not succumb to bloodthirsty or sexual urges in the midst of battle; their actions will only go as far as what they have been ordered to do, and nothing more. The Unsullied also seem resistant and even immune to pain."

>this post was courtesy of incel #32 from burlington bar

No you faggot, since the trial by combat is that, a trial, it replaces normal trials. You won't get one if there's enough evidence of your crimes or you are clearly guilty

What do you have against based Ned working his ass off to build a monomolecular sword ?

Anybody else pissed off at how nerfed Jaime was in the show?

The only fight he ever won was against ned stark in the whole series. Even with one hand he should have had some skill and natural ability to hold him up.

In the Books:
"In the A Song of Ice and Fire novels, the Unsullied are trained in Astapor, one of the three major cities of Slaver's Bay. They begin their training at five years old, when their genitals are fully removed. They are also given a puppy to look after, and at the end of the first year they must strangle the puppy to death. If they refuse, they are killed. Only one in three survives the training regime (not one in four, as said in the TV series). They are given a beverage called the "wine of courage", which over years numbs their body's ability to feel pain. Upon being given the spiked cap which is the symbol of their rank, they must go to the slave market, kill an infant slave before its mother and pay the slave owner for his loss. It is often less difficult for them to kill the infant than the puppy - they don't know the infant, but were made to take care of the puppy.

Their training is utterly brutal, designed not only to train them for combat but to strip them of any empathy, individuality, or sense of self-worth, in order to create soldiers who are willing to sacrifice their own lives if so ordered. Unsullied do not have permanent names, instead choosing new names at random every day, which are written on pieces of paper and then drawn by lot from a jar. Even these temporary names tend to be demeaning descriptors such as "Grey Worm", etc.

The extremely harsh training regime results in warriors who are unemotional, numbed against pain, and ferociously disciplined. They never loot or rape, they will hold against superior numbers, and will take their own lives if ordered to.

According to linguist David J. Peterson, the Dothraki respect the Unsullied so much that the Dothraki language does not derisively refer to them with terms that mean "slave" or "eunuch", etc. Instead, out of respect the Dothraki borrow the name that the Unsullied call themselves in Low Valyrian: "Dovaogēdy" (literally "unsullied". Plural: "Dovaogēdys")"

Imagine if Jon vs NK happened

*mogs jon*

Show ned was among the best swordmen in westeros according to the script. And remember this is the same Ned that can create distance between himself and Dayne, surviving against Dayne is a huge feat, he was far from elite tier but he was a really good swordman.

I was too, since i like the character, but it was realistic. Losing your main hand is a big deal, especially for one of the best swordmen of the realm. He lost in an instant decades of training and had to start over from almost zero.

>Knowledge makes me laugh
Promise me you'll read a book one day user. Your mother is worried about you.

That's some hard edge

>acts out of rage that the gf he wasn’t supposed to have because he has no sexual or romantic urges as a eunuch dies

The problem is that the books, like the show, are absolutly retarded.
You do not cut the balls of your male soldiers when they are children, or you destroy their potential. You get emotional faggots with high pitched voices.
Basically, traps. Not the material for a stoic fighting force, but rather the very recipe of absolute failure.
Unsullied are a meme written by a retard, loved by morons. The idea seems cool only if you have no basics of biology and 2digits iq.

Based

It's a wanking metaphor. Jesus.

Promise me you'll learn to read one day user. Your mother should have aborted you.

user you are autistic.

It can get worse...

"In the A Song of Ice and Fire novels, different regions are known to make eunuchs in different ways. Some only remove the testicles but leave the shaft of the penis intact, while others remove all external genitalia, both the penis and testicles. The slaver-city of Yunkai, for example, is known to make eunuchs by removing only a slave's testicles, but the slave-masters of Astapor make eunuchs by removing everything, penis and testes, such as when they make the Unsullied. A eunuch with only the testicles removed but not the penis will still lose the will to partake of sexual activity, but other slave-masters like to be sure by removing the penis as well.

In real life, if an adult man has his testicles removed, he can still achieve an erection. If a boy has his testicles removed before puberty, however, it is difficult to impossible for them to achieve an erection with the remaining shaft of the penis - due to the lack of hormones during the puberty years that would normally be supplied by the testicles. This is a moot point for the Unsullied: both their testicles and penis shaft are removed when they are no more than five years old. Kraznys actually explains within the novels that eunuchs can sometimes achieve an erection if they only have their testicles removed, so this is why the Astapori cut off all of the Unsullied's genitals, just to be sure.

As seen with Stalwart Shield/White Rat, however, after Daenerys frees the Unsullied they are still capable of developing emotional, perhaps even romantic attachments."

> bravo american Tolkien...

>implying people in the middle ages could shit out a wikihow guide for any autistic shit they wanted
they literally did. see scythe dueling
>general fighting techniques
lol your ochs guard isn't going to mean shit in a melee with a guy in plate all over you. yeah basic strokes and footwork are applicable, but they aren't some fechtbucher secret either. you should see the HEMA competitions where it's just some slav juicehead doing extremely basic strokes owning all the dorks trying their manual kung fu. and that's *still" an unarmored 1v1.
>implying people spent the money, time and effort to make a sword and then never brought it to a battle
literally happened all the time. swords were a prestige item.

you seem to be laboring under the delusion that people in the past weren't nerds who delved into absurd scenarios and little used techniques just because that's what they were into.

Lmao imagine a trap legion what the fuck was GRRM thinking

he's right retards, the spear is a primary weapon in combat, sword is secondary for when you lose your spear.

missing the entire point that dany wanted to deprogram them

This would have made much more sense.. but if Jon won they would have called the show racist, if Grey worm won it would have pissed off everyone else. It's a lose / lose situation

And right. No balls, no test, no growth, no muscles, estrogens take over, and you get a trap or a soiboi. The army of soibois. Frightening. If itwas a force to be feared in this universe, i wonder how the rest look like.
An army of slim varys beating armies of midgets and cripples ? Is there an "elite" force in wheelchairs too ?

He didn’t though. He had his shit broken in a fair fight and had to get tossed another weapon like a bitch, which hardly makes sense in a trial by combat. Jon is 5x as agile and skilled than Mountain and is carrying Valyrian steel, which would cut through wood even more easily than Mountain’s steel backed by his immense strength.

>The strongest man in Westeros could cut through a spear, therefore some literally who in terms of strength can do it with a moderately better sword.
Not to mention Oberyn just got another spear 5 seconds later. It's a a trial by combat not trial by weapon breakage.

Well-toned, sun taned, muscle traps...

user, did you get mad at the singing crabs in the little mermaid? You are autistic, a moron that is bitching about balls in a fantasy series.

>comparing rolled up bamboo mats firmed planted into the ground with a hardwood pole in someone's hands

The fuck are you on about? The mountain was noted to be extremely fast and skilled for his size. Jon is nowhere near the fighter that the mountain is. Oberon destroyed the mountain, and he would've stomped Jon in a fight

Grey Worm has a lifetime of experience, Jon was raised as a noble, and was in the Night's watch for a couple years.

>which hardly makes sense in a trial by combat.
According to who? Changing shields and stopping the fight when you lose your weapons was a normal thing in duels

you think nobles didn't receive the best training money could buy?

There’s no plot armour if what we’re talking about isn’t in the fucking plot you stupid shit

I am not the one trying to defend a shitty concept you know. I am just pointing an obvious thing known by anyone who went to school and got something out of it.
If GRRM had studied just a bit the idea, he would have found something else. Or just forgot it. And the worse is that he prolly did since Varys is a good description of an actual eunuch.
For a man who pretend to want to offer a realistic approach of fantasy, it is quite a failure.
Cutting them isnt even relevant, who care ? the brutal education and training alone was enough. But he wanted to be over the top edgy like a teenager, as often, and added this. The problem is that it is an element that completly ruins his concept. A sad thing since the unsullied idea was decent without it.

And you think that training is somehow better than what the Unsullied got? And you think it was constant battle training and not shit irrelevant to dueling like hunting, writing, and court manners?