/got/-Beats up The Hound Edition

Previous

Attached: 1557765950544.jpg (1539x2052, 688K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=orFWj1gc7i4
georgerrmartin.com/notablog/2019/05/21/thanks-new-zealand/
youtube.com/watch?v=A9EDVKaaZOA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for stannis

Anyone else tear up at the scene of Yara learning about Theon's death?

Attached: 1538595420934.jpg (573x623, 90K)

do it again bomber dany

>Dany's infertility
>Dany talking to Tyrion about her heir
>Varys letters about Jon
>Jon's heritage
>Jon and Dany fucking

It all meant nothing. Rian Johnson tier writing

Attached: 1558480154921.jpg (800x450, 85K)

What the fuck happened to frogfu?
lmao

Attached: For her.png (1920x1200, 1.03M)

Now this might just be my wall, but I'm loving how 80% of the people upset with GoTs ending are A- the types of people who got into fantasy 8 seasons ago, and B- the types of people who said fantasy was shit pre 8 seasons ago lmao. What the fuck did you think was going to happen!?
LOTRs had two midgets getting on a boat!

Attached: 17156041_163975577451173_8615244925493171888_n.png (500x424, 271K)

AND YOU COULD HAVE IT ALL

Attached: 1557843381075.png (970x546, 428K)

Keep the thread quiet. Dany is sleeping.

Attached: 1558508775651.png (1920x1080, 1.44M)

Some thread ago we asked your favourite stuff from the show
Let's throw that around
What's your least favourite
>Season
>Scene
>Character
>Soundtrack
And why?

Attached: 1462860663730.jpg (1920x1080, 1.1M)

>Anyone else tear up at the scene of Yara learning about Theon's death?

I teared up when I saw the reaction of Stark sisters to Jon's heritage.

Attached: bong.png (269x466, 114K)

I don’t remember that one, is it during the Dragonpit scene?

>scene where Brienne finds out Jaime died
cry errytime

Jon Snow, you fucking inbreed motherfucker, what did you do this season?

Attached: 1558483518752.jpg (552x457, 28K)

Silly Dany spilled ketchup over her nose and mouth

Attached: 1558378009057.jpg (1024x683, 51K)

Wait

Theon is for _______.

Was it overblown/childish reaction? Is there a better way to say fuck you to D&D than the petition?

Attached: reboot.png (879x463, 157K)

HE DUN WAN EET OK

Attached: 1558481390060.jpg (645x729, 124K)

I find it hilarious that most of the criticizm is literally POINTLESS nitpicks

No one gives a shit about that tiny thing, just shut up and watch the scene for what it is

Tell her I’ve got a present for her when she wakes up.

Attached: 8C38A89C-3E7E-474F-916A-24042F68F1D7.jpg (500x383, 79K)

Reminder GOT is fan fiction

Attached: Screenshot 2019-05-22 11.19.09.png (1227x797, 377K)

>I told you stab me with the dick...not the dirk

Not theon, reek!

....Ramsay and his twenty good men's pleasure

Attached: pjimage-12.jpg (798x407, 38K)

D&D openly hostile about bookshit

If it was their work from the beginning there would have been none of that... Because it would be a simple plotlined basic bitch piece of garbage that nobody gave the time of day.

Mmh sea salt popsicles

>just shut up and watch the scene for what it is

Attached: arya-stabbed.jpg (768x512, 98K)

Kek. This season was such a mess, there was so much potential that they just skipped over. If D&D weren't willing to do 10 eps then HBO should have fired them and done 10 anyway.
It didn't happen, just like so many other important things didn't happen in this half-assed rushed season

How were the twenty goodmen rewarded?

He's one of the twenty goodmen, as confirmed by Bran

Nth for NORF

Attached: download.jpg (259x194, 58K)

>You'll never see Jon teaching Danny swordfighting and she awkwardly swinging Claw and making lightsword noises

will /got/ die now that the series has ended?

How did she not die right there?

>posts an example of something that isnt a minor nitpick while quoting the original comment that was about fags screeching over minor nitpicks

Earlier i had a guy complaining at how the ash was "too white"

Attached: 20190118_141622.jpg (360x199, 63K)

Attached: 1558358549500.png (1920x1080, 2.81M)

Nothing that poppy and a couple of hours of sleep can't fix

Reminder GOT was only propped up by cult of personality around the celebrities

Weirdest fucking choice of the entire season.
>Cuts to Arya peacing out instead.

Azor /got/, the thread that was promised

>get to war for Ned and Robb
>get your land sacked, burned and your people butchered
>only "mistake" he did was beating the mountain when Robb didn't want him to be beaten yet
>marries a FUCKING Frey because his nephew couldn't keep his vows
>as reward gets most of family and friends killed and spends literal years in some moist wet dark dungeon next to a river
>has take himself and his family's name in the dirt by giving up Riverrun to save the infant baby future of his family form his wife's familyand their allies
>goes through hell and back because he stood by his family when it mattered
What's his reward?
>not even allowed to finish his damn sentence
>told to sit down
>followed by a damn sassy look at the chair
If he had unleashed the sword to kill his kins right there I wouldn't even have blamed him desu

Attached: dj4ljknbddz21.png (1383x801, 1.13M)

>will /got/ die now that the series has ended?

Prequels

Winds of winter coming out in 2020

I wanted to start reading the books but now i will have to wait to see if the ending is as moronic as the show version before wasting time and energy on them

Attached: thrones02.jpg (555x778, 154K)

Edmure really got shit on in the show. It's kinda of amazing how much bullshit he dealt with.

>reminder that the show that gave them celebrity status in the first place was only propped up by their celebrity status
uh huh, okay user, sure

>I wanted to start reading the books but

But what? I will read the books and will enjoy them as they are. If the ending sucks I will use my headcanon and retcon it out of existence.

Uncel pls

Attached: a22.jpg (500x719, 87K)

Its supposed to be comic relief. As said it's no longer a realistic show, it's a sitcom.

Should have went for the boob grab here

>Season
8 duh, even 7 is better.
>Scene
Any scene involving the sand snakes particularly the bad pussy in the finale of S5. MY GOD WHAT THE FUCK? Yes, yes I get it the tits are good and the girl is cute, but what the fuck man....
Also Night King's death. Holy shit, D&D.
>Character
Sand fucking snakes. Bran and Sansa on S8.
>Soundtrack
All of them are pretty good honestly. I suppose I don't really like how the hold steady's the Bear and the Maiden Fair cover is being placed right after Jaime's hand being chopped off. It's just too jarring. The song itself is fine even though I still think it's too out of place with the setting and tone of the show.

>Season
8, duh.
>Scene
Sam cleaning the shit in Oldtown
>Character
Maybe Sansa? Controversial opinion time but I never really liked Littlefinger either.
>Soundtrack
These last few seasons have felt pretty uninspired for the most part.

You realize D&D wrote the characters to be like the actors right?

what is dead may never die

Most based characters
1. Stannis
2. Bloodraven
3. Beric
4. Jaime
5. Barristan

>implying that fat fuck is ever going to finish the books

Reminder that Jaime fucked the tall bitch like a chad

Jorah the Dilf

Attached: jhhhferhferhf.gif (500x281, 1001K)

Where is Darkstar and Edmure?

It's really easy to read, so if you feel like you wasted time on them, it's not gonna be much, even when considering there thousands of pages
They're also quite fun to read and not as ridiculous as the books
Bad shit happens to people for way more logical reasons
Unlike in the show, the Lannisters are paying quite dearly for the dickishness as no one really likes them, and is more than happy to help other fuck em over or bail when the opportunity provides itself

I'm still sad we didn't get dragon armor

This is surprising. Did Theon somehow got involved with the raid on Stannis's camp as well? What happened with the other 19 good men? I thought they are going to be the true final villains of the show after Night King and Cersei are killed. Seems to be too big of a plot line to be left open. Are the other 19 men even 'good' to begin with?

HE DOES IT FOR FREE

Attached: cute.webm (480x418, 256K)

8 - breakneck pace, big events all ring flat

Any given Tyrion scene post season 5? Not only shit because they ruined the character, but also because nothing happens in them. Witty banter/ruminations can make a nice cool off scene... But a drunk dwarf saying a bunch of nothing and then a dick joke? Fucking hell.

Danny - dull ass motivational speeches over and over again. Driest scenes even in the show's hayday. Actually being good in season 8 just pisses me off even more.

Soundtrack - All of it sans the season 6 finale. Such kino.

STANNIS FIRST
STANNIS LAST
STANNIS NOW AND FOREVER
STANNIS STANNIS STANNIS

I want his actor to portray Terry in the biopic.

that often happens with TV shows

hardly an explanation for the popularity of the show itself, that's a weird sort of circular logic

>Expert assassin
>Can't kill a little girl when you catch her off guard
But most of the complaints aren't minor, this season and last were complete fuckups

>Season
8, it really was hilarious awful in every single way
>Scene
I still seriously fucking despise how they handled the Tully funeral back in season 3, there are probably worse OC ones from the past few seasons, but this one stuck with me
>Character
By the end of it it's really just a contest of who's the most insufferable, Sansa or Arya. Based on the final two episodes, Sansa.
>Soundtrack
never pay attention desu

Wrong, it's
1. STANNIS
2. STANNIS
3. STANNIS
4. STANNIS
5. STANNIS

>I'm still sad we didn't get dragon armor
sounds a little too implausible to me

I'm sad we didn't at least get dragon saddles and reins
>here Jon, fly this dragon
>uh, okay, where do I strap in?
>lol, no Jon

>8
>all the scenes with Jon being a cuck in S8
>Sansa or Arya
>none, the soundtrack is kino

Why do women love dangerous men, if they supposedly want to have someone to protect them, and the family they make together?

It makes no sense. That dangerous man you married is likely to just snap one day and kill you LOL

>Darkstar
Won’t be top 5 until he gets denied Dawn, and then goes full blown autist anti-Arthur Dayne and starts wielding a jet black sword named Dusk

youtube.com/watch?v=orFWj1gc7i4 was he the ultimate kino?

Attached: bobby b.jpg (1200x1200, 208K)

>Controversial opinion time but I never really liked Littlefinger either.
I don't like him that much after season 4, but honestly it's the problem with the writers. He is barely given role to the story and basically reduced into glorified extra. Even Qyburn has bigger impact to the story and he is not a major character.
Plot armor. Ironic considering they have Doran getting KO-ed by a single stab from Ellaria and later Lancel Lannister from 1 (read: one) stab wound from some street kid. I guess Arya is wearing a medieval knife-proof vest or something.

Stannis
Blackfish
Jaime
RADmure
Barristan

"Dangerous men" are usually good at sniffing insecurity and exploiting it.

>Soundtrack - All of it sans the season 6 finale. Such kino.
All the rest of the soundtrack is the same level to you? And the Winds of Winter track is not only a tier above literally everything else, but is so good it's kino?

That doesn't make much sense.

Will D&D off themselves when book 6 comes out and Stannis BTFO the Boltons?

Attached: 95f.png (655x509, 42K)

>t. GRRM
The same reason people started liking Dany when she turned into a Kaiser

Attached: dany.webm (904x1080, 2.76M)

The stab didn't kill Lancel, it just paralyzed him. He is later blown up by the wildfire explosion. How a little kid knows to exactly strike the spine to paralyze him is implausible, though.

>Season
S8 was dogshit beyond compare, but S5 would be second worst. The character assassination of Stannis, 20 good men, all the boring shit in Mereen, the death of Barristan, Clams and fucking Dorne. Honestly of all the E9's the one of S5 was by far the least spectacular
>Scene
Night King's death for ruining the show retroactively
The Sand Snakes killing the cousin they grew up with as if it was nothing, making bad jokes about it
>Character
Arya, ever since Braavos really
I have to admit that from S7 Bronn started to get a bit on my nerves as well
>Soundtrack
None in particular, as the soundtrack has always been one of the strengths, but I have always found the Targaryen themes to be comparatively weak to the rest
Bonus, the Rains of Castamere in S8 Soundtrack is very weak too

Attached: 1434017976390.jpg (1920x1080, 108K)

Stannis!

Roose bolton also dies of a single stab in the belly

>just hold on to anything you can, that's all you can do while riding a dragon
>but for some reason Jon needs to ride around on the dragon as it flies around during the battle, instead of directing forces on the ground or anything else that's actually useful
That was the point where we should have seen that riding a dragon is more than just clinging to it while it flies around. Riding one doesn't make any fucking sense if all you do is hold on for life.

Attached: BoaredKingRobert.jpg (264x277, 82K)

>By the end of it it's really just a contest of who's the most insufferable, Sansa or Arya. Based on the final two episodes, Sansa.
>Sansa or Arya
Why are they turning the Stark girls into such sociopathic bitches. First they got Sansa raped and then Arya got stabbed 100 times and have an identity crisis, in the finale they just end up being the most unlikeable cunts in the entire six (formerly seven) kingdoms. WTF D&D? And I actually like Arya in the first four seasons, by the end I kinda wish she gets eaten by those wights instead of Beric dying for nothing.

I’m re reading the first book and I forgot how autistic Jon gets about never wanting to have a bastard child. Considering it never happened with Ygritte he must be getting Dany pregnant. There’s just way too much on both Jon and Dany’s stories about having children for it to be a huge red herring.

I’m guessing they were planning on having Jon and Dany have a kid in season 7 but cut it for some reason in 8

Attached: 33A309A3-C415-4D13-A95B-6D5335F42A01.jpg (2048x1125, 88K)

>blackfish
>gay
>based
No, sorry

Attached: 8EF2754C-FAEC-49BC-9E10-50164F1F5EFD.jpg (640x353, 8K)

>I’m re reading the first book

Same user. I will report back when I storm read all five books.

>I’m guessing they were planning on having Jon and Dany have a kid in season 7 but cut it for some reason in 8

Probably because season 8 was a rushed fukcing mess so we get LE BRAN KING

Imagine if Jon don't kill Dany in the books

Attached: 675.gif (326x300, 997K)

I kinda like the one they use in episode 5 ending credits. But yeah, it's not as impressive as the previous seasons. Lmao I am still laughing at 20 good men, if anything at least it gives us a good joke for years to come. I kinda wish Stannis survive a bit longer, at least to witness the Night King even if he ends up dying or turn 'evil' by burning Shireen.

Why did Jon and Dany became a thing in the span of a fucking season?
Couldn't they have held off the romance and slowly build it up until it becomes an extra tragic thing by the end, when Jon has to kill her?

WHY IS EVERYTHING SO RUSHED?

>Bronn started to get a bit on my nerves as well
Yeah his ending pissed me off from a storytelling perspective more than anything else. He is objectively fucking evil, a pure opportunist backstabbing turncloak.
I know the whole point of Ned's death is that you can do the right thing and still get killed, but are they really making a point here that being the opposite will make you end up on top? What was the point of Littlefinger's death, then, or any of the others in the same vein of "your wrongdoings eventually come back to bite you"?
Of course it's all just pure fanservice but it really was bizarre.

The darkest hour is just before the dawn

Attached: Screenshot 2019-05-22 11.41.15.png (1281x260, 47K)

Samsa wasn't bad. She wasn't good but wasn't terrible. Arya was fucking awful though, and I even liked her in the early seasons

It's just occurred to me
Shouldn't Brienne be part of Salsa's queensguard or personal guard or something?
Are her vows to cat invalidated now somehow because salsa is queen?

>WHY IS EVERYTHING SO RUSHED?
Apparently both GRRM and HBO wanted several more seasons, people are speculating that the Dabids figured they'd make more money with Star Wars so they just rushed GoT to the end so they'd be rid of it.

>Tully funeral
What was so bad about it?

He probably still will but they’ll get married and have a child first

>Imagine if Jon don't kill Dany in the books

I generally think this will happen.

Ah yes. I forgot about Roose. It's weird really, for a guy who is supposed to be the 'big bad' of the North storyline they barely give him anything to do and instead have Ramsay the rapist-sue gets away with his wacky evil scheme. Problem is Ramsay works best when being fitted with his dad, like a brain and brawn situation. But I suppose it will make defeating House Bolton harder for Jon and co.

Attached: xlarge57221b1d77f1d.jpg (520x293, 26K)

LADS GEORGE JUST GIVE HIMSELF A DEADLINE

>As for finishing my book… I fear that New Zealand would distract me entirely too much. Best leave me here in Westeros for the nonce. But I tell you this — if I don’t have THE WINDS OF WINTER in hand when I arrive in New Zealand for worldcon, you have here my formal written permission to imprison me in a small cabin on White Island, overlooking that lake of sulfuric acid, until I’m done. Just so long as the acrid fumes do not screw up my old DOS word processor, I’ll be fine.

That's in July next year

georgerrmartin.com/notablog/2019/05/21/thanks-new-zealand/

"Normies kind of forgot you can be relieved of an oath"

>is literally POINTLESS nitpicks
name some of the common criticism that you view as "nitpicks"

Attached: to highgarden.jpg (634x896, 122K)

Don't make me tie you down, Ned. We're behind schedule.

Attached: Ashara.jpg (500x770, 114K)

everything became rushed the moment they were offered Star Wars

HBO offering standard length seasons and even more seasons and DnD being all "nah, we're good, we think this'll work"

put 2 and 2 together, user

>season
5. It’s where you can trace the beginning of the collapse of the show’s integrity. I can’t forgive it for that.
>scene
Probably the one where Jaime and Cersei get crushed by rubble. Cersei being pregnant proved ultimately pointless and Jaime’s arc got dabbed on.
>character
Probably Bronn because he’s le untouchable charming rogue who never faced a single adversity in the whole show and comes out on top because he’s some magic swordsman. Also everyone I know who likes Bronn is a normalfaggot.
>soundtrack
I don’t know dude who the fuck remembers the names of the ost?

Attached: 2E9ADB4B-6C10-4474-B79A-62D15EBEF61B.jpg (749x577, 79K)

>Arya was fucking awful though, and I even liked her in the early seasons
Same, I think the waif fight was the turning point when she went to shit.

What is your favorite GoT quote?

Mine is "Titlesh... do sheem to breed titlesh"

This made me so fucking mad and I like Ramsay as a villain. He should have went for the stab, see that Roose is wearing chainmail, Roose gives him a look and then stabs Ramsay in the heart.

>water bottles just in shot
>brienne closing a book too fast
>"why isnt brienne with sansa?"

Etc

>WHY IS EVERYTHING SO RUSHED?

Disney botched GOT by promising D&D star wars trilogy. D&D also are hacks and can't write for shit. Second they ran out of books, it ended. Also they said they only want to go up to the red wedding.

They started in season 7

Yeah thanks for the encouragement, ill guess ill start out with the first one.

>Bad shit happens to people for way more logical reasons
Yeah i got that from watching the show, like Neds and Robs and Geofreys deaths are very logical and would even be ridiculous if they didn't end up that way, unlike littlefinger and stannis' cartoonish deaths

Yeah that's another thing discouraging me, im not sure if it's even getting an ending, but then again that's probably a good thing.

I think it will be a while (maybe years) before we know the complete story. But most likely it's a combination of the D&D getting tired with GoT, no books to guide from George, budget issues with HBO, some of the core casts want to get out or possibly a combination of all that.

Or maybe, just maybe.... D&D legit thought all of this as a good, satisfying conclusion to their & George's story. Imagine that user.

basically they just make every single character's emotions and state of mind completely nonsensical
cat is just kinda annoyed looking, robb is giggling like a child instead of acting like a king, blackfish is a fucking dick and edmure is a punchline

Based kiwis goaded the old man into actually committing to a deadline

Game of Thrones season 9 trailer leaked

>a cult of rape fanatics take over Westeros raping everyone
>Sansa strictly forbids rape
>shot of Bran smiling
>Dany is brought back to life by Young Griff and the Red Priests
>"We're going to need more dragons"
>Dany smiles "I am the dragon"
>shot of Jon getting his cock sucked by half a dozen wildling sluts
>Arya faces off against Syrio Forel
>Syrio rips off Arya's face to reveal she was the Waif the whole time
>Syrio takes off her masks to reveal she's the real Arya
>Iron Born rebel and declare independence
>shot of Yara moments before she's raped to death
>Tyrion, Bronn and Sam discuss how Bran is a lot more evil than any of them expected
>screen goes to black and a familiar voice speaks
>I have a dream
>shot of a mysterious man stabbing Lord Glover in the hear
>A dream of spring
>mysterious man is Stannis

Why was Sansa Stark a part of this TV show again?

Imagine if Dany dies giving birth to Jon's child. A cursed kinslayer from birth.

>I like Ramsay as a villain.

Same, but dear fucking god the fucking gary stue plot armor of 20 men he had was so fucking crazy it's not even fucking. I actually joked that there was nobody who could stop the Boltons from taking over the seven kingdoms at this point.

>D&D legit thought all of this as a good, satisfying conclusion
Imagine them looking at that postmodern Drogon meme where he melts the throne, taking it seriously and shedding a tear because a devoted fan has deeply understood their profound symbolism.

Maybe they're good tracks that fit the scenes really well, but none of it was memorable at all. Literally the only other track I can actually remember is the intro music, which I've heard so many times its kinda annoying even.

>Sansa wasn't bad
She absolutely was. Everyone starts respecting her like a great leader and acting like she's the smartest person on earth despite us never seeing development of any of this.

the most common criticisms are that the writing is terrible with character's development butchered and nonsensical plot outcomes

They want a man who's rough in bed and dominates her. Also she wants him to be dangerous to other people, she likes the idea of her lover beating and killing other people because it makes her feel powerful

>budget issues with HBO
that almost certainly is not a concern

Cutest psycho!

Attached: 1558479311447.png (699x917, 720K)

What would warrant Bronn to even get a place on the Small Council
He's not a noble, he's not well versed in any of the tasks of the Council members at all
The guy asked for a castle and he got it

In the end, she truly won the HBO®'s Game of Thrones©

>see that Roose is wearing chainmail, Roose gives him a look and then stabs Ramsay in the heart.
That could be a nice callback to S3 when Roose reveals he is betraying the Starks. A nice subversion for once in GoT post Season 4 is to have a cunning villain actually being a cunning villain lmao.

>Doran
Wouldn't it have been poisoned?

Where is preston?

>Imagine if Dany dies giving birth to Jon's child. A cursed kinslayer from birth.

based ending.

Also white walkers are the final boss, king's landing happens before the white walkers, so they can't make her irredeemably before she finally fights the white walkers.

>Lol noob

Attached: Arya_smug.jpg (9942x9791, 2.71M)

Because "a lannister always pays his debts xD"
especially completely impractical promises made under duress to the most untrustworthy man alive

She told them to put leather on the metal breastplates, tho.

Never mind the fact that everyone kept walking around with uncovered helmets and breastplates, including her own man Bronze Yohn.

Attached: 1534607279455.jpg (1725x305, 84K)

When you think about it, him funding brothels being rebuilt is a 4d chess move

>state owned brothels
>heavily tax them and rake in almost all the profit
>decrease national debt

he's friends with tyrion
that's it

It's funny how even GURM doesn't think that he has another Red Wedding in him

$100 million per-season is a pretty big cost user. Yes it's HBO, but I think they want to limit the amount of budget as well while still maximizing audiences for the show. They probably think of it as a short term gain before they go for the next spin-offs. But at the end of the day this is just my speculation. THE FACT is HBO bosses do go on record to say they don't mind to have 10 seasons.

D&D merely aren't smart enough. A bottleneck to writing smart characters (without external help) is being smart yourself.

Same reason Tyrion+Varys got destroyed too.

Same reason Little finger just rolled over and died without putting up a fight.

>so they can't make her irredeemably before she finally fights the white walkers.
What?

aint she lovely in apocalypse mode?

ah the shtarksh, shlow mindsh, quick tempersh

>season 9
>no AZOR JAIME
hard pass

*irredeemably evil

shit

everyone behaving like she's the most intelligent and capable person in the entire norf is even more ridiculous by the fact she still keeps doing nothing

the only thing she did is sentence littlefinger without any evidence and asked nicely for independence

A majority of the money is going to the actor's salaries at this point. Notice how 90% of all the sets this season were reused?

There are rumours that they changed dany's pregnancy because they wanted a bitter ending for Jon and Dany

Because her name. Literally no other skill.

I miss her so much I just want her back

Attached: pq0edx9q2T1s95j2so2_540.gif (540x450, 2.91M)

Oh she'll be irredeemably evil in the eyes of the smallfolk by killing Aegon, who saved them from Cersei and who they welcomed with open arms.

Imagine being paid millions to say "ah don' wan' it" or to just drink wine on a window.

Dany goes mad over time, Jon reacquires the Targaryen family sword somehow, war against the dead: He raises his burning sword out of her chest, gets twelve good men and Ghost, then tries to contact the Children of the Forest for help, but ends up sword-fighting the Night King.

Attached: kit_cheers.jpg (772x598, 77K)

HBO makes back ten times what thrones costs them.

Why didn't he??

>and asked nicely for independence
From her own brother lol. And none of the other lords at the council are like "hold on, you just gave your sister tax exempt status, how the fuck is this government any less corrupt than the last kings? We demand independence too."

>How a little kid knows to exactly strike the spine to paralyze him is implausible, though.
The how isn't the problem, it's plausible for you to get in so much pain or possibly die by a single stab. How can you explain almost 10 stab wounds to the gut and somehow stay alive?

But she is though, deal with it sub-80IQ manlet she single handedly got Danytrash killed if you don't get it just blame your pidgeon brain and move on lmao.

If they’d killed off Cersei two seasons ago they would’ve saved millions. She was pointless.

THE VETERAN OF TWO WARS AND HEIR TO THE RIVERLANDS AND TRIDENT, TOLD TO SIT DOWN BY SANSA FUCKING STARK?

Attached: 1541379063225.png (1081x1028, 986K)

It wasn't fleshed out well because D&D are hacks but she's supposed to have learned things from Littlefinger

they built a ridiculous amount of King's Landing in order to destroy it

Reminder Littlefinger died crying and on his knees

Just appearing in an episode is $500,000 per episode for the A list actors

kek

Cersei is barely in season 8 at all. It's ridiculous. I kind of get Jon, Dany and Jaime. At least they are active through out the story and have something to do.

kek, good use of the pasta

Oysters, clams and cockles

It was the same set reused for like 5 different scenes. If you ever watch again pay attention to the architecture and the roofs, they just shot the same set from different angles. Most of the destruction was CGI

"at least I'll be remembered by my good friends Jon and Sam"

Attached: 1532397524924.jpg (1200x675, 112K)

>she single handedly got Danytrash killed
And even more conveniently, Jon completely forgot about this huge sacrilegious betrayal that directly resulted in him having to kill his waifu. Truly only a Mind Trick Queen™ could achieve such a memory-wipe.

Attached: mtq.png (415x520, 463K)

Actually, Jon is one of the few non-inbred Targaryens in the show.

Attached: 1557255892403.jpg (619x619, 182K)

She's firmly incrusted my heart, user. That's what happened. And you can't have her.

OI half expected him to be at castle black when he arrived, I nearly forgot about his death

Did he swallow?

In the books, houses only swear loyalty out of pure fucking fear to House Lannister and House Bolton and will turn on them once they are weak.

This seems to be a good analogy to D&D. There was a few hold out die hard fighting (Starks) them from seasons 1-7, but season 8 was when the flood gates opened and everyone turned on them.

It could have been a great ending for her too.
>The great fire of Kingslanding
>Cersei explodes the great sept as a fuck you to everyone
>Suddenly realizes that the wildfire spread isn't stopping
>She looks horrified but also satisfied knowing that she manages to beat destiny but also she is going to die in this shithole of a city.
Not sure how to work the valonqar plot there though.

Attached: qyburncersei-625x350.jpg (625x350, 38K)

Until the bell scene Dany didn't show any real mad effort, like Cersei who enjoyed people suffering. I bet their idea was originally make Cersei mad queen, not Dany. Then for some reason scripts change.

He's not mentioned in the book given to Tyrion.

>"THMASH THE BEETLETH. THMASH THEM!"

Is this really how Tyrion mourns his siblings?

Attached: smashthebeetles.png (1089x664, 315K)

>"Men are easily to manipulate, they do silly things for us"
>gets dominated by a psycho

Was getting raped a part of her plan?

LOL

C O P E

To get raped

I hope they just off themselves for whatever reason

House Lannister and Bolton in the show also command 'loyalty' through fear or in later seasons out of circumstances fighting a common enemy (the Tarlys against Dothraki and the Umbers against the Wildlings).

Incorrect.

Attached: 68604E3D-3E45-43ED-967B-CA36DF6FF379.jpg (555x936, 118K)

Jaime wouldn't have it any other way

Attached: KUH.jpg (476x498, 37K)

I think this is also why the episodes were longer. Don't actors usually get paid per episode? Makes sense to stretch out each episode then

I like the beetle speech, actually a nice analogy to the 'nihilistic cruelty' of the Gods of Game of Thrones world.

What kind of a woman would sign up to work for Ramsay, anyway

Of courshe

Attached: 224e1238887fcdf3cbf63de213a23bd7.jpg (235x323, 18K)

>Probably Bronn because he’s le untouchable charming rogue who never faced a single adversity in the whole show and comes out on top because he’s some magic swordsman. Also everyone I know who likes Bronn is a normalfaggot.
Fucking based.

His reward is having a child thats both tully and frey's heir retard.

a desperate one I would imagine

Because he a cis white boi

Not a sane one, also possibly a dog fucker. Remember what Ramsay said in season 6.
>She smells of dogs
>Nothing I could do that the dogs can't do to her
Really makes you think huh?

Attached: myranda.jpg (1280x720, 44K)

Please learn to use this shit appropriately. You're embarrassing yourself.

iirc the whole thing was a direct jab at some other director that D&D didn't like, something to do with ender's game I think?

>Rape fanatics turn out to be White Walkers
>AGOT paraphrased:"Old Nan told Bran stories about the wildling women, who lay with them and bear terrible half-human babies to the Others"
>The symbol of perfection and femininity is worn by the Night King and he means to rape Sansa, who happens to wear the same symbol
>They were aiming at that the entire time
>Littlefinger was the Night King and faked his death, that's why he tried to fuck Sansa
>Brynden Rivers, Bran, Littlefinger and the Night King are one person
>The Night King gave Bran's dagger to himself, which is why Littlefinger never died
>Varys is a Merman
>Stannis was betrayed by House Velaryon
>The fight was the God of Death, the many-faced God, the Seven (faces of God), the drowned God and the Old Gods (faces of the weirdwoods) (called the real God by Kraster)against R'hollor.
>Varys vs Littlefinger was Mermans vs Others
>'Mutual admiration'.jpg
>The five forts in Yi-Ti are under attack
>Grey Scale is just a form to become a white walker
>The Night King was fucking Crasters daughters and his sons were White Walkers
>Valyrian Steel can't actually kill the Night King
>Dragonglass can neither
>Only Lightbringer can
>Ramsay Bolton isn't human, he killed the dogs and returned to serve the Night King
>Bran watches Sansa getting raped/wargs the Night King to unleash his final form
>Final form of Night King brings eternal winter to Westeros
>Cultists and degenerates have to fight him with blood rituals and dragons
>Essos is overrun by the Others
>Shadowlands reveal themselves
>Melisandre returns Gandalf style
>Quaithe was Elysa Farman
>The new continent is the only hope

Attached: 1518215735106.jpg (600x629, 26K)

What was Sansa's mindtrick?

What really annoyed me was the part where they made him bump his sword into the pillar when turning around. He couldn't just be humbled and told to sit down, he had to ALSO be shown to be awkward and bumbling. That took it one step too far to me. Spiteful writing.

mindtricked ramsay into only nutting in her asshole so she wouldn't get pregnant

One million USD per episode. Holy fuck.

also that, holy fuck fuck D&D

UNIRONICALLY leagues better than anything that happened in the show post S4

okay dany calm down now

Attached: 79FC0931-C526-4806-A630-EAB47E31C426.png (1202x954, 727K)

Just a really bad effort at humor. The entire episode had a ton of cringe worthy humor. I'm sure the fans liked it though.

R'hollor granted us a get again

Attached: 44444444444444.jpg (2200x1872, 1.07M)

It genuinely feels like they just straight up hate the character like they did with Stannis. For Stannis I can see why the dumb kikes would, but Edmure? He's such a minor, innocuous, well-meaning character. And he gets, like you say, spiteful writing.

Knowing that the Other will be jobbing chumps in the books as well has negated my hope for them completely

>really dedicate yourself, your whole life, to taking care of and breeding hounds for your master
>rise in skill until your the top dog, master of hounds
>keep at your work, breeding finer and finer hounds now that the lord has rewarded you
>come home one day and catch your daughter fucking them
What a bitch.

Attached: Aragorn.jpg (306x303, 49K)

>mysterious man is Stannis

Attached: rhllor.gif (200x238, 1.39M)

This ruined the show. Completely de-hyped the Hound and Mountain. I didn’t even give a shit about either of them for the rest of the show

Who's D&D?

Dany is a janny, the janitor for dragons, thus a tranny, that's why she's infertile.

Attached: based_poster_based.png (1326x954, 119K)

dungeons and dragons

Yeah, because D&D definitely wouldn't take a complex issue and turn it into a simple farce. No that's definitely how it must go down in the books too.

>Who's D&D?

Hitler

How did the little birds work? Did they just send ravens all the time? And were the little birds sending info to the Lanisters?

Red pilled Valyarians

Attached: Screenshot 2019-05-22 10.40.45.png (1343x837, 290K)

It’s like they took Catelyn’s unreliable narration completely at face-value when they did his show characterization. She thinks he’s a bumbling little brother and Cat never misjudges people, right?

The NK doesn't even exist and as naive as it sounds I still don't believe that George will do the "kill the boss, all the minions drop dead, bam, easy win, no clean-up" ending. I mean that trope is exactly what he outlines (in that quote that always get spammed here) as a Tolkien-eque element that he specifically wants to avoid.
Of course this is if he ever finishes them, which is looking marginal.

>Cat never misjudges people, right?
YAAAS KQWUEEN

What happened to the little birds when they stopped being little? Did Varys have a pension plan set up for them?

How did Ayra know killing the Night King would kill all the undead?

>a fucking seahorse

>Chracter of the Hound is basically a man who is hard to the outside, yet meak to the inside, because his brother burned his face once
>Hound flees from Blackwater because of the fire there, starting his journey
>Hound ends up with a bunch of fire worshippers
>Beric Dondarrion doesn't know his purpose

I have no understanding how the writers could think that Cleganebowl could end with anything but Sandor overcoming his fear of fire.

'ate the lanstas
'ate the soufnas

simply as

Attached: norf.png (1910x859, 316K)

Yeah, haha, w-who would do that?

Checked
I have no idea about that. I thought it's just talking about the the general philosophical idea behind relying on Gods for justice through trial by combat, even though the Gods most likely don't give a fuck about mortal issues.
Only Ramsay could be that much of a degenerate to be willingly watching his gf getting fucked by a dog and later fucking her as well.

11/10

I'm surprised they don't have a more important role in the story considering how close they were to the Targs

Benisoff and that other guy.

This she literally didn’t do anything ever besides bring the Knights of the Vale to Jon’s aid against Ramsay.

It's always a good bet to kill the commander.

Was there a mass suicide?

Attached: 1556898848075.png (344x236, 11K)

>besides bring the Knights of the Vale to Jon’s aid against Ramsay.

You mean Littlefinger?

Even her perspective is nowhere near as bad the show portrayal. But interesting that you mention that, because from the one other pov he appears in (Jaime), the show actually treats him relatively decently, more in accordance with Jaime's perspective who sees him as far more lordly than the idiotic weaselly Freys.

Bran is fucking horrifying Jesus man, someone put all this monsters down. Where are the Lannisters and Boltons when you need them?!

Why did Bobby leave the Velaryons and Celtigars alive?

They're Valyrian too, huge Targ-loyalists and they share blood with the Targs, more than the Baratheons, why didn't Bobby tell Stannis to kill them while he's at destroying possible threats to his legitemacy?

sansa sent the letter

So why are seasons in Westeros so fucked up they last for years at a time?

oof

Attached: 1547086257744.jpg (439x439, 13K)

OUTTA THE WAY SEAHORSE FUCKING SHITS

Attached: crab masterrace.png (545x600, 187K)

>They're Valyrian too, huge Targ-loyalists

Because he would have to kill like half the kingdom if he wanted to kill all Targ-loyalists

This is like saying Lincoln should have killed like 80% of the southern population that rebellion the civil war.

I mean it's not that hard. All the Freys at least in the show, looks like a bunch of thugs and bandits. Edmure might be no Tywin or Stannis or Ned, but he can still look lordly when he needs to. More than that old cunt Walder at least.

A faggot on here said they did and the fire part came into play because Sandor and Clegane fell into the fire after they went through the wall. I could kind of see D&D being stupid enough to think that was all that was needed.

>tfw so alpha that even getting cucked is a dominance move

what's the best book in the series to start with?

Punished Dany, a queen denied of /ecg/

Attached: punished dany.webm (1600x900, 1.48M)

'ate wildlins
'ate the others
'ate boltons
'ate suvnas
'ate kinslayers

love guest right
love me heart tree

simple as

Attached: 1546415761108.png (556x712, 22K)

>Best leave me here in Westeros for the nonce.
He doesn’t even try to hide it anymore, does he?

>what's the best book in the series to start with?

You should just read them in order.

start with Dance with Dragons and work your way backwards

Do you think Ramsay ever fucked the bitches?

Knowing that they get dealt with at all before the "grand finale" is enough, a lasting invasion with consequences cannot coexist with an ending where Jon kills Dany and Bran becomes King. When George talked about subverting Tolkien, I thought he'd have the balls to write an ending where the supernatural evil isn't immediately defeated despite a prophecy coming true, but no, it really is just a worse LotR with a focus on tax policies as the ending.

I thought it has something to do with the white walkers?
>Petyr plz help, sent army I miss U baby
>P.S: Chaosh iz a laddah XD

Bronn pisses me off more than usual because the great thing about book Bronn is how he takes only calculated risks, cashes in his winnings, and fucks off before he can take any losses. Last we heard of him this lowborn nobody is comfortably living it up as Lord Bronn, surrounded by his own sellsword knights and plowing his fat retarded wife daily. He was interesting because he’s one of like 2 characters to beat the house so far, and he did it by not getting involved more than necessary.

>This is like saying Lincoln should have killed like 80% of the southern population that rebellion the civil war.
He should have

>More than that old cunt Walder at least.
>that chapter of Dunk & Egg where a young Walder shows up, being a snivelling little shit dripping snot everywhere

Attached: LaughingBear.png (189x145, 108K)

The girl or the dog?
Yes I guess.

>Where are the Lannisters and Boltons when you need them?!
Down in D&D waste paper bin.

Attached: Screenshot 2019-05-22 04.44.51.png (1257x591, 257K)

>This is like saying Lincoln should have killed like 80% of the southern population that rebellion the civil war.
So the right thing to do, then.

Exactly. The minute someone starts promising an illiterate sellsword lorship over an entire kingdoms for "one last job" is the same minute he should think "okay, they're definitely going to kill me as soon as my usefulness expires. Time to grab my things and fuck off far away."

KEK

Wait really?
When?

>Remaking just S8
>Not seasons 5-8
>Not the whole thing

>that scene where Walder basically goes
>seems like you never played the Lord of the Crossings, you didn't even bother to say "mayhaps"
How senile was he?

The harsh reconstruction policies of Johnson-on kept the North and South hating each other.

That was what mainly bothered me. Book Bronn has that fucking off to live a comfortable life, which suits fine
But Show Bronn doesn't seem to be same character from the ealier season, now he's there to just act like a prick and crack poor jokes when someone wants to say something

jej

Can I have some GOT reaction images please?

series was shit before season 8 it will never be good infact D&D going trough with mad dany is dare i say Based and redpilled

Do you think Jon and Dany will have a kid in the books or nah?

Attached: game of keks.jpg (125x110, 11K)

>feudalism is about keeping 5% on top over 95%
>NO NONONO YOU SEE THIS ILLITERATE POOR FUCK CAN BECOME A LORD OF THE MOST POWERFUL REGION IN WESTEROS NOW

Attached: Screenshot 2019-05-16 15.59.14.png (237x234, 54K)

UGUU DHEY KIWWED MAH DWAGON UGUUU OWO WHADS DIS?

Attached: ugu.jpg (670x670, 58K)

>s8
>Tyrion's escape and Tywin's death because they omitted Tysha and completely whitewashed Tyrion's character
>Arya
>House Tyrell theme

>Do you think Jon and Dany will have a kid in the books or nah?

Yes, King Bran is D&D fairy tale

The story still goes on, finish it /got/ - what happens?
>Grass growing North of The Wall
>Drogon is still alive

Attached: begonethot.webm (1076x448, 2.41M)

The only way to fix GoT is to do a true adaptation, and that likely won't ever happen ever again, at least not like what we got.

I mean yes, I'm pissed at how fucked up everything has been since season 5 too, but at the same time I'd glad we at least got an adaptation with a high budget. It wasn't done justice, but at least it was done...

God just imagine if you could re-write everything, starting with season 5 and not killing off Barristan... just fucking imagine how good this show could have been.

That said, the show should have been 13 episode seasons from the start, think about how much more material you could have adapted from the books with 3 more episodes each season, and not rushing the final two seasons.

Attached: 1553197432253.jpg (350x376, 23K)

>HBO is proud to announce...
>GAME OF THRONES BROTHERHOOD
>Coming soon 2022
youtube.com/watch?v=A9EDVKaaZOA
How would you feel about that?

Attached: gameofthrones-anime-intro.jpg (1330x688, 389K)

>What's your least favourite
>>Season
7. It just feels so rushed, even more than 8. 8 was somewhat redeemed by ep5 for me.
>>Scene
All scenes involving of the Iron Fleet ambushing Danys fleet.
>>Character
Sansa. She is already annoying as naive "little bird" and she is extremely annoying as "cunning queen in the norf". Not even her pretty face can change that.
>>Soundtrack
I'm not really a music guy. Can't remember any song or theme in particular that i disliked.

>And why?

The Mystery Knight. He's the kid who's the reason why the wedding is happening, because he caught his sister(I think) fucking some servant or cousin, so she had to be married off.
>His melancholy ponderings were rudely interrupted when a troupe of painted dwarfs came bursting from the belly of a wheeled wooden pig to chase Lord Butterwell's fool about the tables, walloping him with inflated pig's bladders that made rude noises every time a blow was struck. It was the funniest thing Dunk had seen in years, and he laughed with all the rest. Lord Frey's son was so taken by their antics that he joined in, pummelling the wedding guests with a bladder borrowed from a dwarf. The child had the most irritating laugh Dunk had ever heard, a high shrill hiccup of a laugh that made him want to take the boy over a knee or throw him down a well. If he hits me with that bladder, I may do it.

Attached: 1558201765941.gif (457x318, 1.27M)

Attached: 1558534488020.png (194x192, 108K)

THIS ILLITERATE SELLSWORD GOT HUGE (CASTLES) AND BASICALLY YOU'RE A FUCKING LITTLEFINGER. LEARN HIS TRICK BY CLICKING THIS LINK

Attached: Appalled.jpg (409x392, 66K)

have a renly

Attached: 1503517656063.jpg (680x606, 82K)

Attached: 370FBC35-8B6F-4C5F-9BFA-994B92715064.jpg (680x606, 95K)

Dany skinchanged into Drogon before dying

>the whole show gets remade
>it's no longer written around subversion of expectations
>book characters that never made it into the original finally show up
>Dany is likable throughout the whole thing, now that Emilia isn't literally dying
Fund it.

Drogon flies back to the Shadow Lands and drops off Dany's body in Asshai so she can be revived by some Shadowbinder and R'hllor magic

Correct.

>8
>the entire episode of them beyond the wall capturing the WW to show Cersei
>(after s8 ) all of the Stark children
>don't know

>All scenes involving of the Iron Fleet ambushing Danys fleet.
AAAAAUUUUURRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH
not gonna lie, I actually feel bad for the poor guy, Rhaegal deserves better

Attached: Rhaegal's death.jpg (1280x720, 53K)

sure, faggot

Attached: 1557820941925.jpg (541x633, 40K)

HAM?

Attached: 1503521653912.jpg (680x606, 76K)

All that shit they gave Davos for being a lowborn, illiterate smuggler but Bronn is just totally fine I guess.

>Lord of the Crossings
What a fucking shit game that is.

get

fucked

Why do people care so much about the dire wolves? I thought it was just normalfags goings nuts over le cute doggos xd but people here care too.

Attached: ImpressedTyrionLannister.jpg (329x377, 62K)

is this your first time here or something?

Attached: 15568957605671.jpg (1181x1187, 215K)

literally what was the point of this scene?

literally happened an episode before

arya rides out of the city to be IN the city again in the next episode

literally what the hell do the writer want to tell us

Attached: lel.jpg (960x540, 60K)

I'm guessing these decisions were made at least a year in advance, because they can't possibly have seen the jump to Star Wars as a good idea any later with what self-sabotaging brand poison SW became since TLJ.

As much as everyone does not like episodes after season 4, and hates 7 and 8. You can't blame is solely on them not having the books for dialogue. They still had GRRM's plot and ending. Rushing was the problem in 7-8 + dialogue, but what was the problem with 5 and 6?

Attached: 1558134278794.jpg (750x936, 54K)

>see that Roose is wearing chainmail,

Are you saying that armor matters?

Because they're actually cool and important in the books. Most of the Stark kids can warg into their direwolf (everyone but Salsa presumably)

It's a retarded argument either way, they outright ignored AFFC and ADWD so it's not like having TWOW or ADOS would have improved the ending

Have the basest Mormont.

Attached: MormontDoubting.png (591x600, 484K)

On the show? I have no idea, they are more than pets in the books so I can understand them not liking the shows direction but they are different entities so I'm not really sure.

>but what was the problem with 5 and 6?
Too much simplification of the story. Characters doing stupid things to advance the plot. Plot armor of main characters get too thick (see Arya getting stabbed 20 times, Jon somehow surviving the Bolton stampede, and Cersei gets away with blowing the sept with no consequences in S7).

For what it's worth S5 and 6 still has some sort of logic to the story, but by season 7 they basically drop it.

Isn't there some prophecy in the books about a white horse? Probably D&D half-remembering that and throwing it in, same as the ash falling like snow.

Anyone else worried about Preston? He hasn't uploaded anything since the finale

I have no watched the show, I did not know they ignored it. What was the problem though after season 4? Besides being rushed and fast travel?

SOMEONE MAKE A NEW THREAD BEFORE I PISS MESELF

MIGRATE

>Iron Islands declare independence, again
>bunch of opportunists start up another war backing the legitimized Gendry Baratheon for king
>Dorne takes advantage of the chaos to also declare independence
>Bron gets assassinated by some branch Tyrell house

At least it helps you spot the dumbest kids to send off dying first for the good of the family's future desu

Attached: 1557469248892.png (351x359, 270K)

>Pretty face

no please stop shilling your eceleb

Attached: 1554299595021.jpg (399x400, 13K)

>Because he would have to kill like half the kingdom if he wanted to kill all Targ-loyalists

Exactly.
The point is they're the only Valyrians left, save the Targs.
People might say: "They look and act exactly like the Targaryens, they should sit on the throne, by right of blood and descendance they should!"
They're the next best thing that Targ-loyalists would have if the Targs died in Essos.

They were the original two Houses that stood with the Targs, when Aegon invaded Westeros, they made up the first few small councils.

House Baratheon is a House that was established by Orys, who might have been a bastard and the half-brother of Aegon, who got Storm's End after killing its rightful Lord.

People might think back to history and see that Barratheons have always been usurpers, which would give the Velaryons and Celtigars a dangerous claim.
It would have made sense to kill only these two houses, to demonstrate that the Valyrian rule is over and the last House that stood in relation to Aegon the Conqueror has taken its throne.

I guess GRRM is afraid of killing on basis of ethnic features, even though that was common in history.

Take the Han Chinese genocide of foreigners with big noses for example.

Orson scott card, writer behind Enders game. He shitted on the show early on which made Dabid Salty. The whole Beatle thing is them calling his work stupid.

The wolves are intrinsically connected to all of the Stark children and their destinies. Unlike the show, destiny seems to have a fairly heavy hand in the stark's and dany's lives, dany has her dragons, and the stark children have their direwolves. The fact that they swept the direwolves under the rug means they refuse to further explore the exceptionally intriguing nature of the Stark's destiny.

the moment the show jumped the shark
I should have given up hope then

>didn't give up hope after the terminator chase scene
???

Bronn is wildling by head-canon of Season 1-3.

He doesn't know honour, he doesn't know courtesy or kneeling, he doesn't know the concept of debt, he doesn't know the concept of inheritance, he doesn't know how to write, his mother hit him harder than his dad, he was North of the wall doing "business", his nose was broken three times and he killed a woman swinging an axe at him, when he was 9 years old.

Don't be fooled, he is a wildling.

Attached: Bronn-feature.jpg (750x480, 64K)

s6 finale is Light of the Seven

>What was the point
Spectacle.
It all makes sense when you stop treating it like a real story after season 4.

The show began with Season 2 and ended with Season 6.

Attached: roose_loose.gif (335x223, 1.99M)

>analogy to the 'nihilistic cruelty' of the Gods
The "gods"? What gods did Tyrion believe in? It's a description of average people. They're destructive retards.

Daily reminder that the character "Bronn" was and is still a useless fucking piece of shit.