Is he right? Is ruling that hard?

Is he right? Is ruling that hard?

Attached: rs-183676-107929184.jpg (3000x2085, 1.1M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QmKhGqWcJGY
youtube.com/watch?v=rStL7niR7gs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No, I've seen enough movies and Chinese cartoons to know that you can torture and starve your subjects all you like.

Will Davos be tried and executed for the a p3dofyle?

Attached: ou75vqf1hIo3t0GExxR-o.jpg (810x539, 133K)

When Bran allowed the North to secede, he was making clear his tax policy: Starks do not pay taxes. This is a pretty selfish policy honestly.

Why was GRRM such a melodramatic loser? People read stories because they want to be inspired. Not everything needs a muh realism(which GOT is definitely not) take.

>SAM: I know. It’s all wrong. By rights we shouldn’t even be here. But we are. It’s like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn’t want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy. How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened.
But in the end, it’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something. Even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back only they didn’t. Because they were holding on to something.
FRODO: What are we holding on to, Sam?
SAM: That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.

[blocks GRRM's path]

Attached: Roman_-_Portrait_of_the_Emperor_Marcus_Aurelius_-_Walters_23215_(cropped).jpg (1136x1371, 1.86M)

What the fuck is this garbage? gurm is a wordsmith and a genious compared to this pretentious crap, he's a real guy!

youtube.com/watch?v=QmKhGqWcJGY

I think this answers your question:
youtube.com/watch?v=rStL7niR7gs

Ruling with fear is hard, since you are attacking your own power-base and rely on strongarm tactics to keep people in line. Targ fucking shits were able to do so for unnaturaly long time due to inbreeding and dragons, keeping their power intact over others.

In reality, strong rulers rely on support of nobles and army who are either A) bought and rely on regime to keep them rich or B) are ruled by a competent leader who has earned their loyalty (it is usually a combination of both)
Hard thing is about balancing how much loyalty you can buy and how much you can actually trust the ones supporting you.

Nah, I've played enough ck2, eu4 and hoi4 to know that its a piece of cake.
I mean what does George know about ruling he literally turned Westeros into the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth and the Holy Roman Empire. The shitiest forms of governance to be ever made up by a bunch of faggots who belong on plebbit.

This guy’s interviews are always cringe. Especially since half his characters are just crazy for the sake of crazy.
And really, what is Brand tax policy?

Attached: 7A6F3E49-961C-4CFC-807D-1B377C6A788C.jpg (657x356, 71K)

I despise the Fat Fuck, but you are triggered by your pic because you are an incel.

I find it really hard to believe the diesel dyke from the Iron Islands wouldn’t want to secede. Her brother was a Stark hostage because they rebelled once before.
It also makes no sense that the north wouldn’t bend the knee for a Stark, so there’s really no logic there either.

While his answer is gay he does write good female characters, he takes the time to actually try to make them fit into the world he's creating.
They don't magically levitate above everyone else just because they're women.

Idk I feel like I read well written female characters all the time.
My biggest issue is that he’s so smug and self-congratulatory, like there weren’t already female character in 1996.
Same thing with his tax policy quote

Do you believe CEOs are the hardest working ones in the company? Things mostly run themselves, everyone at the top are just exploiting their position to seem useful while actually doing as little as possible.

GRRM is a science fiction writer who struck gold with his fantasy outing. That’s it

>smug and self-congratulatory
He's not this at all.

>really different
How would the female characters personalities and actions change if they were written like the male characters?

lel are you serious he said literally only Dany uses power responsibly whereas all the men are dumb tyrants

Where did he say that? If so then he has a pretty fucked up view of responsible use of power.
Dany is a teenage brat constantly shouting "I want!"

>Frodo: "They are going to the harbour beyond the White Towers. The Tax Havens."

>Sam: "They're thieving Middle-Earth."

>Frodo: "Never to tax return."

>Sam: "I don't know why, but it makes me mad."

Attached: 1534789932609.png (1075x447, 548K)

He better show Bran struggling to be king because ruling is hard