Set in made up fantasy world

>set in made up fantasy world
>set in ancient Rome or Greece, egypt
>adaptation has them speaking with British accents

will this meme ever end? wasn't the GoT writer American too?

Attached: 1491596063-got1.png (980x491, 257K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6E4TOHGO0Ms
youtube.com/watch?v=qYiYd9RcK5M
youtube.com/watch?v=gPlpphT7n9s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

british accent is nice unlike the american one

british actors are required for availability of kino status
GoT is not kino regardless

It's a fantasy world, derived from european history.
Is the USA a country that existed in the middle ages?

I'd rather listen to Americans and I'm Dutch. Fuck corny brits

The American accent doesn't sound like it fits in a medieval era

Vieze kanker

because you all sound American when you speak English and its the norm to you
Same for Czechs

They’re even doing it with Television & Film set in the Soviet Union now

Yes, precisely.
It's the reason why a lot of us are annoyed when characters in a completely strange and bizzare setting are dropping 21st century zoomer lingo.
An alien from millions of light years away should not be dropping dank memes or saying things like 'Howdy, pardner'.

>watch American show
>people speak in a clear way, easy to understand

>watch show from the UK
>people just pronounce things like they want with no logic behind it
>4 characters saying the same word they both pronounce it differently

Thank God they don't make any show that is worth watching.

The American accent immediately breaks any immersion

t.europoor

Ajax fans are still seething I see

Attached: images.png (225x225, 7K)

Typische kanker hollander

All European fantasy takes place in medieval England. I blame anglo supremacy.

Fuck off you fucking meme country. Your entire country is DUDE weed and pancakes lmao.

Because Received Pronunciation or a well spoken English accent is the most clear one you can have. It lends itself well to projecting the words and adds gravitas to the character.

youtube.com/watch?v=6E4TOHGO0Ms

Attached: Henry Cavill Immortals.jpg (1600x1067, 212K)

>brutish warriors have Scottish accent

English is extremely similar to Hebrew which was the common tongue in the ancient world. Everyone was trilingual back then and could speak Hebrew, Latin, Greek. English is the common tongue nowadays - so when creating a fantasy story, that’s the best way to reach as many people as possible.

The posh accent is only a couple hundred years old though, but it makes people think of some sort of bygone archaic time. If we went for realism Medieval English speakers all had an shepherds accent, it resembles pirate speak to a lot of people. This is how people talked even back during the revolutionary war in the 18th century.

People like theatrics though and even though real life is more interesting by a long shot- people tend to be suckers for the way Hollywood does things. In fact if it weren’t for Hollywood the posh English accent would have died like the transatlantic did. As you can see the transatlantic was retired and without any media making it normal it’s a dead accent & not taken seriously whatsoever. Therefore the posh English accent is your modern theatrical accent, and since it’s used it’s widely accepted.

Without using exotic locations that were famously ancient (which that in itself has power in its presence), you’d really just have to CG everything ; as you can see even the best imitations lack the presence and authenticity of actual architecture and landscapes that have been around since antiquity.

If you want real good stories look to actual history and dig for it. The settings and lush stories and sheer insanity that can’t be made up ; by far make any fantasy or Hollywood look like a drab , boring, artificial waste of time.

You’re literally watching a modern incarnation of Errol Flynn in tights swashbuckling around and hoping to be entertained. If you take it too seriously that’s just gonna break your heart lol

>theres more than one?
based O'Connell manlet

DEATH TO AMERICA AND DEATH TO THEIR ACCENT

>If we went for realism Medieval English speakers all had an shepherds accent, it resembles pirate speak to a lot of people

Friendly reminder this is how Shakespeare would have sounded.

youtube.com/watch?v=qYiYd9RcK5M
youtube.com/watch?v=gPlpphT7n9s

Attached: olivia hussey.jpg (1100x647, 134K)

>set in real life
>set in ukraine in 1980s
>adaptation has them speaking with british accents

Attached: 1558412076315.png (1280x720, 1.71M)

Attached: Jack O'Connell Skins.webm (754x628, 247K)

Deal with it faggot.

Attached: Go back to Gaul.jpg (1280x720, 77K)

Corny is actually the last word I’d use to describe the RP English accent, you kronkingshclurping sounding motherfucker.

it works desu

SupaHotFaggot is that you? Stay here.

american accent doesn't fit in ancient times because it's new.

based

Attached: rome tv series titus and lucius.jpg (3008x2000, 712K)

>t. greasy fat middle aged hooker and DUDE WEED lander

This felt weird in the film Centurion, where the Roman soldiers mostly played by Brits were stuck behind enemy lines Scotland. It ended up feeling like a bunch of English lads trying to escape Scotland and the Scottish.

Attached: Centurion-michael-fassbender-.jpg (1280x960, 394K)

>Because Received Pronunciation or a well spoken English accent is the most clear one you can have. It lends itself well to projecting the words and adds gravitas to the character.
This (or close enough, some of it is just familiarity). I've sung in choirs that use it because the reduced number of diphthongs and R sounds are easier to synchronize with a large group.
Often British actors speaking in their normal, non-performing accent don't have that same gravitas

Slavs can't act.
Gotta go for the next best thing.

That's because Dutch sounds like a retard speaking English just like American English.

Horrible opinion. British accents are rightfully the default.

Hardly ancient or fantastical, but they didn't British accents in Amadeus. Maybe it's because American accents had been invented by that point

Attached: Amadeus-01-1.jpg (1330x748, 1.42M)

American English works better for Roman
Latin, a la The Eagle.

there are so many british actors in hollywood is because they are CHEAPER

this is not a joke btw...same with australians. they are basically cheap imports

british english is easier to understand

Disgusting.

Attached: purefoy.jpg (236x274, 13K)

As well as being vastly superior in both the skill and aesthetic departments.

Attached: TopThree.png (1169x422, 667K)

>English is extremely similar to Hebrew

Attached: 1556544267968.jpg (1182x720, 134K)

>Set in ancient Byzantium.
>Everybody speaks with Southern accents.

Okay genius, give us a sample of English spoken with an Egyptian accent (the ancestor of Coptic, not Egyptian Arabic).

I can't even be bothered with it anymore. Even if I like the premise, if they use Britspeak or the "Solemn Whisper" in place of actual acting, I shut it off.

Kek

which film

Honestly I much prefer everyone just speaking british than everyone putting on a fake accent every time they speak.

The Mid-Atlantic accent is the best English has ever sounded, or will ever sound.

That's a London accent of the time. Other parts of the country had their regional accents.