Now that Game of Thrones is over, which was the best battle?

Now that Game of Thrones is over, which was the best battle?

Attached: g.jpg (1920x6479, 1.49M)

Blackwater because it had good writing.

watchers on the wall

It truly was a battle of games wasn't it.

Ha
Hardhome

Blackwater, because it made sense and was well done and wasn't melodramatic. You had two villains fighting it out; war it's most glorious form.

Blackwater>Watchers on the Wall>Hardhome>POWER GAP>danyxJaime>fire and ice>bastards

The greatest battle was The Game of Thrones we made along the way

simple as

battle of hoth

people only like blackwater because of stannis and tywin
watchers on the wall was much more entertaining

Blackwater. Every big action scene after it focused way too much on the action. Blackwater had tons of great character moments between action scenes, like Tyrion rallying the troops, Joffrey being a bitch, the scenes with Sansa/Cersei in the shelter, etc. Other battles may be more visually entertaining, but as an entire package, Blackwater is easily the best.

>watchers on the wall
this

This desu. But I personally liked Hardhome more. It was a glorious massacre.

Battle on the wall, had a great setting and a nice split between the siege and a smaller scale battle in the castle. Also based giants.

the dragon attack thingie then winterfell then bastards then everything else then hardholme

I agree, people only remember Blackwater because it was the first large scale battle to actually be shown on screen but I think the later battles surpassed it in terms of pure spectacle and entertainment

Am I the only one here who didn't think the long night was that bad
>tfw Arya sneaking past the wights scene

Blackwater by a country mile; so many amazing character beats in one hour. Tyrion, Bronn Stannis and Davos, Joff, Cersei and Sansa, Tywin. Just great performances and exciting moments.

All the other battles were action first, character second, and it was like watching a shitty marvel movie every time.

We like it because we care about battles who make sense and have good writing. Visuals are secondary.

stannis isnt a villan
hes the one true king
but yes blackwater was the best

Blackwater

>people only care about blackwater because the characters rather than the spectacle

tailoring the show to appeal to this mentality is unironically what killed it

the first two

blackwater ended with hurrr durrr lannisters ride in at the last minute to save the day! same way battle of the bastards ended. Hurrr durrr sansa the smart saves the day!!!!

I enjoyed it too, the main problem was it was too fucking dark but once you brightened it up, I think the battle works quite well. The pacing was solid with it starting out as a sort of half hopeful, half worrisome mood that made the characters go "hey maybe we can actually win this" to pure unbridled chaos to raw despair. The snow mixed in with the fire created this sandstorm effect which was pretty cool. The cinematography was also great at keeping the entire thing feel focused and coherent despite the chaos

Attached: Screenshot_20190522-225232.png (1920x1080, 361K)

Hardhome

there's an important difference, hitler: you cannot assume that stannis had the same network of spies around KL as ramsay must have had around winterfell and the north

the one where tyrion gets knocked out an no time is wasted on muh big battle.

What do you mean "villains"?

am i the only one who liked battling zombies in the dark?

Blackwater is Joffrey's best episode, Tywin is barely in it.

It's also Cersei's best episode. The last scene where she sits on the throne with Tommen gave me chills.
Clegane too was amazing.

Watchers on the Wall did Blackwater 4x better

>Logical tactics
>Great spectacle for the masses
>Lighting was actually pretty good
>Excellent pacing which had to juggle the multiple p.o.v. characters
>Nice cinematography, complete with a long shot
>Sprinkles of chaos to make the battle feel realistic but also tight enough to keep the main story from becoming a Michael Bay film

Hardhome definitely.

The wall and hardholm were the only ones where they bothered to do any decent fight choreography. I still can’t believe there wasn’t a single sword fight in the long night episode.