/RBMK/ - fuck namefags and fuck jannies too edition

hide /chern/ threads
ignore /chern/ posts
do not reply to /chern/ posters

Previous disaster:

Attached: 1557752916335.jpg (720x720, 189K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/m6U9T3R3EQg
youtube.com/watch?v=njTQaUCk4KY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CANDU_reactor
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Nuclear_Generating_Station#Security_and_safety
youtu.be/iJm69cAgVIw
youtube.com/watch?v=OJ-0ad7hgjs
youtube.com/watch?v=qW42-2cAvik
ebay.com/itm/WORKING-FAMOUS-DP66-MILITARY-RADIATION-DETECTOR-GEIGER-COUNTER-BETA-GAMMA/262446893705
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Dyatlov did no wrong

second for Dyatlov did lots wrong

Do all anglos have micropenises?

need the best shots from first three episodes. kino only.

get me my fucking butter and caviar sandwich bitchboi

Attached: 1557939102924.jpg (960x720, 263K)

Reminder to ignore the tripfag and give no yous

Fuck you autists who started this divide. These threads were comfy now its all ruined by discord trannies who can't contain their autism.

Attached: AAFCF9B0-B29F-4D7F-BF99-B08D109B8100.png (720x398, 275K)

don't think we don't know you're behind this /chern/, /chrnbl/ shit you repulsive faggot

it is now and always will be /RBMK/

What's up with that anyways, why caviar on soft ass bread with butter? At least toast that shit

Attached: Chernobyl.S01E03.Open.Wide.O.Earth.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-NTb-0002.jpg (1920x1072, 320K)

Attached: radiobraaaaaaptic.jpg (900x600, 114K)

Attached: аз5.jpg (480x497, 86K)

No one cares about your gay forced memes tho. Show’s not good enough to warrant it.

Attached: D6AAA30A-454D-4094-B13A-8424DBCFC9F5.png (723x666, 163K)

dyatlov knows the secret way to heal from radiation sickness - caviar & butter (the bread is just to help it down)
its an ancient clan dyatlov secret recipe

why do you think he survived not one but two irradiation accidents while others melted like cheese?

Reminder she got no information from Dyatlov because she's too much of a strong woman to make him a sandwich.

Attached: 1442377758797.jpg (600x900, 80K)

First for Mine-Chad

Attached: minerchad.jpg (400x566, 101K)

Would they really have stuck around to watch Bob the Builder do his thing? It would have taken ages.

Don't go in the sun.

Attached: 1530067920394.jpg (400x508, 99K)

no amount of caviar will absolve you of your sins, Dyatfag

nothin personell kiddo

Attached: 1557622191265.png (1410x948, 711K)

Call in the day shift

quick rundown?

What's your favorite nuclear related kino?

Attached: Threads1984.jpg (1200x675, 237K)

I need to watch Threads but I'm honestly worried about gettin spooked

WATCH IT STINKY

Threads

So, currently this bitch is a nuclear physicist, a journalist and a female Metal Gear Solid's Snake?

Attached: CUNT.jpg (1079x478, 46K)

Reminder, this is how RBMK reactor explodes:

>pressure tube design has dangerously high void coefficient (4.7)
>void coefficient>0 = unstable power level

>extended operation at low power for safety test causes xenon poisoning
>xenon poisoning = unstable power level

>control rods are capped with graphite
>graphite control rods caps = momentary replacement of water (neutron absorber) with graphite (neutron moderator) during insertion
>graphite control rod caps = small power spike during insertion procedure

>SCRAM emergency shutdown procedure = inserting EVERY control rod
>inserting every control rod + graphite caps = BIG power spike

>operators disabled all safeties and manually removed almost all control rods to get more power for test

And thus:
>steam pocket forms due to shitty pressure tube design
>positive void coefficient + xenon poisoning turns steam pocket into a hot spot
>hot spot grows because void coefficient, BIG power spike (wattage doubles almost instantly)
>engineers panic, press AZ5 (SCRAM)
>SCRAM makes power go UP because muh graphite caps
>it's too hot onii-chan
>graphite fuel rod channels crack, jamming control rods in place, preventing shutdown
>steam pressure builds until 1000t reactor lid pops off like a fucking champagne cork
>steam interacts with zirconium fuel rod cladding, creating hydrogen gas
>giant fuel air bomb

And that is how an RBMK reactor explodes.

Attached: 1557875488185.png (707x1080, 787K)

Has anyone else started carrying around a geiger counter?

>triggered namefag gets assblasted about memes from /kinobyl/
>tries to ruin thread with muh russian accents shit, fails
>tries to ruin thread with IRS shill acccusations, fails
>tries to ruin thread with /pol/ shit, fails
>now trying to ruin thread with name changing shit, got obliterated by user via strawpoll (70% voted for /RBMK/)
>still asshurt still shitposting
hide all namefags, but especially supafire faggot as he is in all likelihood the most cancerous individual on 4channel right now (and thats on a website chock full of incels and degenerates so thats saying something)

youtu.be/m6U9T3R3EQg

I really like the pleasant and matter-of-factly delivery of instructions of these horrifying scenarios and implications.

have a (You) and a core-chan too

Attached: 1558048843219.png (1920x798, 1.36M)

I have ordered one. I think my landlady has hidden some caesium somewhere in the apartment.

Have sex and stop seething over a Yea Forums general

K-19: The Widowmaker. Underrated because hurr durr not gonna watch it because it's not about muh Murrica.

Attached: 16-9.jpg (1920x1080, 1.28M)

>haha it's just a silly website why so serious dude
Nice attitude in life you have there

Decent movie and also a solid argument against the 'why are they talking with a british accent?'-fags.
When I first heard Ford do that shit, I thought it was a weird joke.

stop trying to undermine the fruits of our labor tranny

Attached: 1558453292281.jpg (1920x1080, 298K)

How many here seen this?
youtube.com/watch?v=njTQaUCk4KY

a-are they ok?

Attached: Untitled.png (896x923, 77K)

not great, not terrible

of course they're just drinking vodka and eating butter&caviar sandwiches at party headquarters

Of course. 3.6 roentgen, no graphite on the ground.

You will get spooked but it's still fucking good. It just got remastered on Blu-ray too. So did The Day After. It's American counterpart.

Literally this. K 19 is a hidden gem if you're into cold war soviets stories about nuclear reactors going wrong. Solid fucking movie based on a true story too.

Attached: 1509586603606.jpg (598x465, 187K)

Just the former.

Posting only KINO reactors in this thread

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CANDU_reactor

Attached: 1558453549919.jpg (1251x1096, 375K)

RBMK-1000 reactor is Trundere, and here's why:
>Very energetic, active, likes to workout
>Scantly dressed, likes to shows of her slick design. (Not much protective pressure casing to contain her anger)
>Temperamental, if you don't give her full attention. Easily angered. (Careful with the tip, she's actually quite sensitive, will abort sex if control rod tickles her hot spot the wrong way)
>If treated properly and with care, she's actually very effective and gives a lot of radiant love back, just be sure not to piss her off and be cheeky with that feed water.

Meanwhile American Reactors are fat soccermoms: Big, oval blobs, yeah, they are safe, but check out all those controll rods you can fit into one... Oh yes.

PS. RITEGs = Lolis

Attached: rbmk.jpg (592x462, 101K)

sounds like amerikan propaganda, comrade, rbmk reactors don't explode that easily

Threadly reminder that these generals will die in 14 days. They are not bullets. They have no half life. I am not in shock and I am not delusional.

based & redpilled post

>implying CANDU roastie reactors are even remotely better than pure RBMKs

Attached: 1558170123428.png (1080x1645, 1.74M)

That's exactly what someone in shock would say tho

Attached: 32273.jpg (394x401, 38K)

was bogdanoff on the other side of that phone call?

Yeah, the guy who did the Dr Who theme did the creepy synth music on that.

I hate her too, too bad she doesn't die.

>posting from the infirmary

Attached: 1540620444302.png (221x156, 41K)

I need to get one. The last couple things I sold on eBay were rejected by the shipping center for being radiological hazards.

They're chilling out in local party headquarters. Hopefully they'll come back for their trial.

The only thing leafs have actually done correctly IMO

Bruce Nuclear Generating Station is a nuclear power station located on the eastern shore of Lake Huron in Ontario. It occupies 932 ha (2300 acres) of land.[1] The facility derives its name from Bruce County in which it is located, in the former Bruce Township. It is the world's largest fully operational nuclear generating station by total reactor count, the number of currently operational reactors, and total output. The station is the largest employer in Bruce County, with over 4000 workers.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Nuclear_Generating_Station#Security_and_safety

>keeping a man alive after he's turned into a blue zombie

What's the point?
You might as well just put him out of his misery

Very nice. Props for the very first original version of Tetris.

Based now do it with a bullet analogy

Is there enough caviar and butter at the HQ? I'm worried for them.

I have to state that it's not mine, it's glorious drawfags work, I'm just reposting it because it's awesome and also core-chan a cute

>the other reactors were still operational after the disaster and the exclusion zone was up

what the fuck ?

unfortunately no
the caviar was the price paid for the liquid nitrogen

its all in dyatlovs room now

LEGASOV IFFY UH, DELUSIONS GO TO THE INFIRMARY UH
GOT THE DOSI UH, NUMBERS SHOWING THREE POINT SIXTY UH
DYAAAAAATLOV GAAAAAAAAAAANG

Attached: 249480900001211.png (1000x666, 599K)

What were selling on ebay that was emitting radiation?

uranium

>threatens to leak the truth
>a journalist
WAT?

nothing much, some homemade pencil leads

There were massive improvements in construction and safety procedures reviewed after Chernobyl. They managed to get void coefficient lower and the control rods are now much faster. And many more.

Still worse than VVER in terms of safety.

youtu.be/iJm69cAgVIw

Filtered, bye bby

Submarines turn flicks into kinos. That is why Down Periscope is such a great comedy.

What is everyone gonna hear?

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-05-22-09h00m25s199.png (1280x640, 720K)

>How exactly does an rbmk reactor explode? Tell me.
>Gives that answer
>... Huh. Okay then, off to the infirmary with me.

Dyatlov farting

n-nothing...

Why only 5 episodes?

Attached: 1549691518920.jpg (240x193, 16K)

Prequel about Dyatlov's submarine accident that also got him severely irradiated when?

Attached: 1558377785831.jpg (687x849, 124K)

who else is collecting?

Attached: medal.png (1031x1012, 1.47M)

She doesn't exist, she's a shorthand.

ЪЯДДДДДP

and you know what
thats a good thing

a kino thread for a kino show
and both will end on a high note

better that then to let the general degenerate into r*ddit shit like /got/ or simpsons threads did

this is our time to shine, but like all things in life, it too shall pass

Replace neutron with bullet.

Because you only need 5 episodes to tell the story they wanted to. Trust me, it's a good thing.

im talking about the 3 remaining reactors being shut down several years after the incident , why the fuck did they kept them working etc ? did peoples really worked on the other reactors during all those years ?

Somebody plz post iodinefu

because they still needed the electricity and building nuclear power plants costs a lot of shekels that neither the collapsing USSR or its successors of bankrupt Ukraine and bankrupt Russia didn't have at the time

What's Russian dub of this like? I'd like to watch for authenticity.

Is it a proper dub or it is it that stupid shit where one Russian dude speaks over the english track for all the characters?

what was the risk for any of those guys that worked there until 2000 ? did any died ?

>jerjaddddp

comrade what the fuck

Dyatlov was in charge! It was Dyatlov!

Two reasons. Firstly there wasn't enough power available from other sources so if they got turned off it would lead to nationwide blackouts. Secondly you need to remember that one of the main reasons for nuclear power plants was military, to produce material for nuclear bombs.

What can you buy with 200,000 karbovanets? Because I'd want to go up to the cashier, hand him this, and be like "Keep the change."

one half of a loaf of bread

rads do wonders to your digestion system

Attached: 1558476089798.jpg (1308x1198, 443K)

It's probably some boring fucker narrating all over the entire soundtrack.

There's no "proper dub", at least as of now. You can get version with Russian sound, but it's done now unofficially by semi-pirate semi-amateur enthusiast. And it's a voiceover, where four Russian dudes and dudettes speaks over the English track for all the characters.

Shes gone comerade. Her hand was already bloody and bandages from handling contaminated fire fighter clothing

who in the right mind would sell a medal like this?

Holy fuck /chern/ is a huge cringefest right now.

The radiation in other reactors has more or less stabilized after the construction of the sarcophagus.

Camera lenses. Low dispersion aspheric lenses today are made with fluorine, but back before the 1960s they were made with thorium mixed into the glass. Some are remarkably radioactive.

This one I sold was apparently quite spicy.

Attached: DSC_9518.jpg (1536x1024, 202K)

yes tovarisch

Attached: delusional.jpg (993x744, 258K)

nothing, the currency is no longer in use.
many of the 600.000 liquidators or their children.

Ah, that's pretty neat. How much do you usually sell them for?

this lad appears before you. how do you proceed?

Attached: 1558473109992.jpg (777x791, 149K)

>May 23, 1986 at 02:10 at the mark of +12.50 in the cable tunnels of the rooms 402/3 (engine room of the main circulation pumps) and 403/3-4 (room of the underground pipelines) of the fourth emergency power unit due to a short circuit in the power cable of the 3rd and the 4th block there was a fire. Power assembly cables, plastic, lubricating oil burned. The fire lasted about 7 hours.

>Work on the elimination was hampered by the high values of the exposure dose of radiation resulting from the accident on April 26. The extinguishing was carried out in small groups with a short time spent at the fire center using armored vehicles. It took up to 8 hours to eliminate the fire, 268 firefighters took part, some of which received significant doses of radiation: the radiation background was more than 200 roentgens per hour near the fire center.

>The fire was strictly classified by order of Mikhail S. Gorbachev. The participants of the extinguishing, who needed medical assistance, could not even tell the doctors about the causes of their serious condition.

It's for the absolute best
If they want the can make it an anthology of disaster miniseries like they are going to make The Terror a horror story anthology from my understanding

I jump up and down and toss hammers.

it's was absolutely essential to keep these reactors operational or most of Ukraine would have a major power issue.

Attached: 2340896.jpg (514x623, 117K)

COALED . COM

Attached: 1558483104595.png (1920x958, 2.25M)

Attached: Science is Experience.jpg (2128x1151, 430K)

he dummy thicc

Note the radiation damage to the film (white "waves" at the bottom part)

Attached: igor-kostin-21.jpg (590x399, 33K)

>alfa, beta and gamma radiation passing through a drop of blood
Pretty nice desu

Depends on the lens. That one's a gigantic large format lens I think I got $400 for. Another thorium lens was a small 35mm Minolta that sold around $75. People use these for photography because of the picture quality.

has anyone made the chad miner vs virgin minister?

i've seen the chad miner vs the virgin unsullied one but I think the virgin minister would fit better

fugg its like selling your granddads medal of honor

Attached: article_image-image-article.jpg.jpg (590x418, 60K)

Pizza-man makes me itch everytime I see him. Uncomfortable meme.

I laugh heartily after witnessing his micropenis.

suck his dick, what else?

t. smoothskin

well he's not a faggot so of course he'll be flaccid in the presence of a bunch of naked men at work

yeah, pretty much this. it's not even really expansive. also, there are tons of bedals and pins related to the chernobyl desaster, most of them are post-soviet. the one in the picture is a soviet one from the "fist batch".

I don't tell no lies

I'm still hoping someone makes one
I personally, have no artistic talent or creativity whatsoever otherwise I'd just do it

Goddamn ghouls.

Yes.
It's a flaccid micropenis.

strip down and split my time evenly between minin' and mirin'

offer him a smoke and then cringe away when he takes the whole pack

Bet you wouldn't say that to his face, comrade.

Anyone playing STALKER along with the show? I've been meaning to play it for a while but the curve's always scared me off.

Why do they call Bill Nye Pizza-man?

I really, really want to play SoC again.

This comrade is dangerously concerned about the size of penises around him and is undermining the fruits of his own labor.

t. racist smoothskin

I'd lightly smirk having small satisfaction that he wouldn't have a breastpocket to put the pack inside of

Is kami-ships-it our goddess?

what the fuck is going on below his neck

shout out best hair

Attached: 1558538492538.png (500x1000, 599K)

I wish but I don't know what mod to play. Every CoC clone doesn't have anything to do and feels samey. Dead Air is too autistic. Radiophobia looked good though.

imagine being THIS insecure wew

on an unrelated note: why is the captcha so fucking retarded holy fuck die of ARS gookmoot im not buyin' your shitty Yea Forums pass

I know she's a meme, but the actual unveil of the reactor itself is so fucking good. Absolute kino.

Attached: Some call it the Phantom Death, 'cause that's what it is. You can't see it, you can&# (1280x720, 2.58M)

>"proof"

Attached: 1542910587259.jpg (450x600, 29K)

the sound effects and ambience is so good in this scene

Ikr. It's a shame we're still not allowed sound.

Why are they just standing around when they should be retracting the fuel rods!?

The curve isn't that bad. The most important protip is to play on hardest difficulty or else you're gonna have a bad time. Easy mode increases your health but also that of the enemies. You'll spend way more resources than needed to kill their bullet-sponge ass.

why didn't they just dump a bucket of water on it?

was meant for

I wish they'd have showed Akimov and how his face was gone goddamit!

>implying he wouldn't just put the pack under his fuckin' hat

What was ouchi's endgame

Fuck.

Attached: 1547649860012.jpg (1482x958, 67K)

Threads
Miracle Mile
When the Wind Blows
Dr Strangelove
Fail Safe
Those old BBC ones, I think they were called When the Bomb Drops and The War Game
Old ultra spooktastic Protect and Survive PSAs

K-19

Attached: liberator radiation.png (273x252, 145K)

apotheosis through extreme pain

Not even close. In 1996 you got 1UAH for 100,000 karbovanets. For 2 UAH now you can't buy shit.
t. Ukrainian boomer

did they survive?

Chernobyl was a pretty big power plant, it supplied 3-4 GW and powered a decent chunk of Ukraine. They couldn't afford to just shut it down.

Provide necessary knowledge to create a new groundbreaking cosmetic.

Proof is only for that coin. Medal can be fake.

Quick rundown on AZ-5 button?

how can the light kill?

What game are you playing?

crashes the reactor with no survivors

but it is a nice medal
good bought

it drops all control rods

i would if i could but my current laptop is so shit i can't even play Civ V, FUCK

>but the curve's always scared me off
What curve?

Press AZ-5 button if you are out of spicy rocks.

To have the fewest healthy cells of any human ever.

it was only 3.6 röntgen, of course they did

I wouldn't really trust the VVERs either.

Yes VVERs are a much better design in term of safety, but the soviets chose the RBMK over them for a reason : high pressure parts required for VVER reactors were very expensive to make and required specific machining technics and tools.

When they built Chernobyl, more than half of the equipment was defective, they had to double check and reajust on site every part they were supplied with.
Now imagine just how defective those VVERs could be when they couldn't provide quality elements for RBMKs (which were much easier to manufacture). For that reason VVERs were flagged by western specialists for their low quality high pressure steam and water pipings.

I really want to see cosmetics that attach muscles back to the bones.

>My face when eating lasagne during the Vasily scenes

Attached: ss (2013-03-04 at 03.47.46).jpg (424x377, 51K)

learning curve prolly

It inserts all of the neutron-absorbing control rods inside the reactors ASAP, which is supposed to shut down the reactor. Due to some dumb design decisions it didn't really work as planned in Chernobyl.

Emergency shutdown

>The accident occurred as three workers, Hisashi Ouchi, Masato Shinohara, and Yutaka Yokokawa,[9] were preparing a small batch of fuel for the Jōyō experimental fast breeder reactor, using uranium enriched to 18.8% with the fissile radionuclide (radioisotope) U‑235 (with the remainder being the fissionable-only U‑238).
>no proper qualification and training requirements appear to have been established to prepare those workers for the job
Just a temp worker paid peanuts to do a dangerous job. The usual.

I woulda took the gulag before I went to the roof and looked directly at the void between life and death.

This. See

Why they made that BENIS scene with miners so cringe?

The soldiers in the scene with the recruiting of miners look unnecessary.

It doesn't have any.

He did nothing wrong

The Day After

i would have jumped into core-chans warm embrace rather than turn into a cheese pizza over the course of days-weeks

worst case, I die which would have happened anyway and at least I go out quick
best case, somehow the water from my body instantly evaporating causes another explosion and everyone else dies as well (and thats a good thing because the fags sent me to the fucking roof so fuck them)

Of course they did, comrade. They went on to have many babies with their wives. They did not die a horrifying death :)

So did anyone ever actually lower the control rods? Seems like the obvious solution aside from pumping water into the core.

Attached: 1558289112g0752.jpg (657x527, 78K)

Vasily was the best guy. I really thought he would make it.

By that point there weren't any control rods left to lower.

Yeah, after that they had pizza party at a nearby hospital.

zoomers can't into vidya if they aren't spoonfed the whole game

personally I blame low IQ phone games

THey're more like lasagna like mom used to make

Attached: images.jpg (276x183, 10K)

Don't forget after Chernobyl a few plants took a look at their VVERs and found out the welds on the primary coolant loop were utter garbage and most if not all of the weld inspections were falsified China Syndrome style.
Or how operators would show up, fill up their logbook with bullshit in the first few minutes, then just hang around doing nothing for the rest of the shift.

Legasov's tapes are some good shit

I woulda just walked out, hid in the bathroom for a few minutes then came back like, uh, yeah guys totally went to the roof and stuff just now

>The workers bypassed the buffer tanks entirely, opting to pour the uranyl nitrate directly into the precipitation tank with a stainless steel bucket. The additional solution contained 16 kg of uranium, thus exceeding the tank's uranium limit of 2.4 kg. An uncontrolled nuclear fission began immediately.
>The court heard that a 1995 safety committee had approved the use of buckets in the procedure, and a widely distributed but unauthorised 1996 manual recommended the use of buckets in making the solution. A Science and Technology Agency report indicated JCO management had since 1993 permitted the use of a stainless steel bucket as a shortcut in the process, even though it was contrary to written procedures.[13][14]
No, he didn't. The boss authorized the use of a bucket that shouldn't have been used.

IRL Fomin stayed in the nuclear shelter for a week after the accident, he slept near the AC.
Bryukhanov was sent near Chernobyl in the woods in a former children summer camp (Which looks exactly like the one in STALKER Call of Pripyat)

Can somebody post the Ricardo picture?

>RBMK rectors still operational

Attached: chernobyl.s01e03.internal.1080p.web.h264-memento.mkv_snapshot_00.54.53.993.jpg (1920x1080, 190K)

where did the control rods go

>tfw I don't always read the posts I reply to.

You’re delusional.

thats what caused the shit to hit the fan to begin with because retarded design that means that lowering control rods causes a short-term power spike instead of a power drop and in a reactor already spiraling out of control that little push was the straw that broke the camel's back

Got cracked and jammed in the upper part of the reactor active zone.

Attached: 1558470954892.jpg (849x846, 230K)

well, Akimov tried that, but the reactor exploded before they went all the way down so there were no rods to insert and no core to inser anything into.

report to hospital, you're crazy

They're all past their design lifetimes by now, and there's speculation that the cores are deteriorating since one reactor went offline for a long time due to a failure that should take a day or two to deal with, and the official reason was "planned maintenance" even though a major overhaul was completed just months before.

>Dyatlov caused and survived 2 nuclear incidents
Caviar butter sandwiches are miracle workers.

is roof dead in the show?

This. Then a few seconds later they ended up all over the reactor hall.

And on the roof.

And outside on the ground.

is caviar&butter the IRL radaway?

>Just a temp worker paid peanuts to do a dangerous job. The usual.

Sasuga Japanese Master Race Technology. Bypassing all instructions and safety protocols, mixing uranyl nitrate in metal buckets and pouring manually into reaction vat.

will there be more womensplaining next episode? Literally every dialogue between women and men is the women being smug.

>muh Iodine stupid doctor
>don´t go to the reactor stupid fireman
>arrest me then stupid guard
>do something stupid shoe cleaner
>read this plans correctly stupid professor
>tell me how you fucked up stupid scientists

G R A P H I T E

No they DEEDN’T

And through some dude in the hall.

Stitnikov? I believe so. Atkinov and Tupolev are dead so he probably went with them.

he only caused one, he was cleared of any wrongdoing in the submarine accident

What catastrophe will they do next?

quite pungent comrade... snniiiiiiffff is this U235 I smell? Quite spicy indeed comrade...

It was another accident when dude got impaled in US.

>mfw when superwoman talks with akimov

>Literally every dialogue between women and men is the women being smug.
Im sure Khomyuk was syper smug when she was ARRESTED BY THE KGB.

And I bet she was ultra smug when Legasov had to bail her ass out of jail.

>Graphite on the roof
(Riders on the Storm)

>people doing their job is "being smug"
retard

U-235?! BUT THEY TOLD ME IT WAS A BUTTER AND CAVIAR SANDWICH!!

Oklahoma City Bombing.

Someone needs to make a movie about USS Scorpion or USS Thresher.
For all the shit we give Soviet/Russian nuke subs TWO total at sea nuke sub losses in the same decade were a big deal

Too bad. He got pizzafaced off-cam, then.

I want to see the goiania incident, but maybe there is more interesting cases

Attached: tumblr_pruc8wTINu1s4zhsdo1_400.png (400x372, 33K)

Never heard of it.

the greatest disaster of the 21st century
the election of donald trump

>"Well comrade, what did the dosimeter readings look like?"
>"there was a steady dose of faggotry on the Catalog, but the moment I entered /chern/, the counter maxed out and the alert went off."
>"impossible, the dosimeter goes up to 15 thousand gigagays, no thread can be that faggy, your dosimeter is faulty."
>"but comrade, I checked the dosimeter against the trap thread and it was working perfectly, the faggotry in /chern/ must have reached critical mass."
>"that is impossible, the thread is not that faggy because such faggotry is impossible, you are delusional, take this man to the infirmary."

Attached: avopix-326216048.jpg (1500x1101, 367K)

This is a snapshot from the deleted scene where they showed Akimov's face
You've been warned

Attached: 1553122575544.jpg (456x426, 100K)

just another example of stupid men denying the superior intelligent woman of doing what is right. Is this at least historically accurate? Was it all men who fucked up?

thats because youre a zoomer

Thanks, comrade.

two face? more like no face

>lets drop nuclear waste in an abandonned hospital , what could go wrong ?

what the fuck brazil ?

Yeah what a disaster this booming economy and tightened border security is

You got me

>mfw no face scene

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 15K)

The plant had no female not so sure about the plant design team

id look it up but this is bait

Also there were many, many, many cases when US strategic bomber planes carrying nuclear bombs crashed into the sea / crashlanded / were forced to drop their cargo into the sea etc. Before 1970-s the Soviets (and maybe US) disposed shitload of tons of liquid nuclear waste into the ocean because why the fuck not. Then they came up with the idea of storing it because it's dangerous.

at the cost of a dividied weimar-tier nation and loss of all respect on the international stage and probably war with iran too

I'm 26.

40% of women in the USSR were scientists.

>smearing radioactive powder on your body

Attached: 15371281059540.jpg (600x600, 52K)

Stop dumping nuclear waste on us guys

Attached: BEB40043-95B1-434E-91DE-2EDA71ECBBEE.jpg (544x378, 39K)

>mfw

Attached: Face.Off.1997.BDRip.x264.DD5.1.Rus.Eng-E76.mkv_snapshot_00.18.07_[2015.07.11_10.20.48].jpg (1152x492, 295K)

This but unironically.

You mean 40% of scientists were women in the USSR?

Kys, late boomer.

Iran is a nigger shithole country and deserves to be nuked. kill all leftists and non-whites. 1488

>invite friends and family to watch it glow

No, you. Fuck you and

But it was glowing! Isn't it cool!

Attached: shine.webm (1280x720, 1.6M)

>I've been working in the hellscape
>all the live long day
>I've been working in the hellscape
>just to pass the time away

Attached: an.hero.android.jpg (700x505, 110K)

>were scientists
You meant scientists' cum dumpsters.

She was mentally handicapped tho.

>that one time a b52 dropped two nukes on us homeland
>one was recovered
>the second got itself stuck so much into the ground that its still there

>eating shining cesio-137 in a toast

Attached: 1534531726489.png (1300x1824, 3.22M)

You mean the country?

Attached: 1558211745082.jpg (823x879, 56K)

kill yourself kike

core-chan is cute!

Attached: 1558469942537.jpg (1294x1000, 138K)

step aside

Attached: stalintraactor.jpg (550x413, 84K)

don't forget to wash it down with a glass of vodka every hour for four hours and to tell yourself there is no graphite
does vodka really work? or is it a superstition?

not my proudest fap

not him, but yes, brazil has mental problems

vodka is rad-x
caviar&butter is radaway

>catastrophe

noice

Vodka or any strong spirit will ionize the radioactive isotopes as they enter your body. The only problem is that since alcohol is a toxic substance, it is not suitable as a preemptive measure.

Im 25.

Attached: 491067.jpg (210x295, 10K)

get out.

>25 and sr engineer
that is insane

awesome

Yes, because being old means you're smart.

>he's 25 and already a senior engineer
>I'm 26 with a useless degree and no job

Attached: 1556506296635.jpg (490x266, 21K)

>Implying slav krokodil addicts are on their right mind

Kinda.

Vodka dehydrates you. Since water is the principle neutron absorber in your body this can reduce absorbed neutron count. But you have to take it beforehand and the effectiveness is dubious.

No, being old means you had some time to understand how A FUCKING NUCLEAR REACTOR WORKS

what degree?

>stealing honor
Mutt...gotta be

Vodka causes dehydration. So since the water in human body carries them dangerous fission products, it somehow helps to lower the impact. Though you have to drink it BEFORE contamination.

Liquidators were given vodka with iodine.

no, being 25 and chief engineer mean you're a god damn genius

Master's at biomedical engineering

So how did Three Mile Island not blow sky high ? What did America do differently with their meltdown

Kek'd. The ukranian engineer has the most brit face possible.

There are 8 y/o who fully understand that, bud.

youtube.com/watch?v=OJ-0ad7hgjs

posh twat

horse shit. your body is mostly water, being somewhat dehydrated won't do shit.

>ionize the radioactive isotopes
Why is that preferable?
I was always taught to eat iodine as a preventive measure, is that the same principle?

his nose is to long to be slave, yes

Soviet employment system was kinda rigid. People like him knew where they gonna work as soon as they passed their college entrance exams (that say, by 16-17 y.o.). So by 25 he must have already had 3 years of actual experience, not to mention internship.

Better safe than sorry

The iodine actually works though

It will do a bit more than nothing.

bros where can I get some english subs for ep2

Reminds me of this. Vasily would probably taste better though

Attached: Pizza_the_Hutt.jpg (1200x600, 547K)

Or he got promoted to fill the station. Plant management ignoring qualifications so they can check a box? I'd believe it.

>Ignalina was the only plant with operational 1500s
neat

Dead Man's Letters
youtube.com/watch?v=qW42-2cAvik

Attached: Featured-170730-DeadMansLetters.jpg (960x520, 104K)

Popcorn Time

>biomedical engineering
>useless
?

you'll still be lasagnaed

subsworld.com/all_subs

I just torrent from the russian sites, releases have english subs.
Or opensubtitles.org.

Attached: Chernobyl.S01E02.Please.Remain.Calm.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-EniaHD.mkv_snapshot_00.24.58_[201 (1920x1080, 724K)

He has social issues as well.

>Before 1970-s the Soviets (and maybe US) disposed shitload of tons of liquid nuclear waste into the ocean because why the fuck not.

To be fair though liquid radioactive waste is almost exclusively VLLW, LLW and to a lesser extent ILW.
(Low Level Waste, Very low level waste & Intermediate Level Waste)

Uranium tailings (LLW to ILW) from the mining process are generally mixed with other heavy metals to become "Sludge" - this is with the modern process considered VLLW, but there is the risk of non-nuclear heavy metals contamination.

The US and USSR weren't dumping High Level Waste or Transuranic Waste into the oceans

Everyone uses young dudes because they do what they're told for the most part and are afraid of fucking up and ruining their careers.
One of the guys killed by the demon core was 24, most of the people on the manhattan project were pretty young, a lot even fresh out of college.

>slav science

Attached: 23.png (642x507, 13K)

Did your face melt off as a result of a nuclear accident, you were too pussy to stop from happening?
I’d say you still have a life of opportunities ahead of you.

It is in Russia. No new complicated medical equipment is produced, so you either stuck fixing shit or selling it.

New

Okay, i've had enough, I install Stalker and drink all vodka possible in it.

It might. I live close to a nuclear facility.

You can always go out with a bang then

this is a 5 episode limited show and only 2 are out correct?

>only 2 are out

I have a friend with the same education here in Ukraine, he maintains a rural clinic and gets paid 400$ or so. He's also a death metal band vocalist.

I have seen rooskies that look like him.
t. ex-soviet

just stop

what about the soldier that follow you to the roof

A biomedical engineer should (presumably) know his way around code too, so program a little and save enough to move away from that shithole.

>he's never put a child into an oven for a Hail Mary or two
never gonna make it

I worked in one of the top clinics in my city. It still was boring as fuck and salary was shit.

I do know how to code. I actually studied it before university and that's what I wanted to do.

just report & ignore it

>Goiânia Cesium incident
>Goianos not being a bunch of stupid monkeys
What would you expect from a people that is mostly the byproduct of niggers and indians fucking each other?

Then do that instead, friendo.

Why the fuck did no one tell me about this film?!
You guys are fucking useless cunts.
Except user You deserve two (you)s.

Yeah, I'm trying. I failed a few job interviews already and I'm too afraid to try again. I guess I just need to grow some balls.

Step 1: Stop being autistic.
There is no step 2.

ebay.com/itm/WORKING-FAMOUS-DP66-MILITARY-RADIATION-DETECTOR-GEIGER-COUNTER-BETA-GAMMA/262446893705

>WORKING
>450 sold

enlighten me where and how do people check if it works?

Yes, thanks.

You can always do some freelancing on the side too. Almost everyone in the industry started as an overglorified codemonkey anyway. Good luck.

>MOST OF THEM WERE LAST INSPECTED IN LAB IN 2006-2009.
Presumably by going to a university where they have radioactive materials and waving it around at them.