Tarantino received standing ovation for his new movie at Cannes

Tarantino received standing ovation for his new movie at Cannes

Attached: 1696257C-0054-4A03-ADC1-24C4DA76FE71.jpg (1121x1537, 174K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zghytrQ0OOY
youtu.be/1jPWGEoyJHY
theguardian.com/film/2004/may/02/cannes2004.cannesfilmfestival
youtube.com/watch?v=GrsJDy8VjZk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

literally everyone get's it nowadays, even Refn the autist got it

Isn't it supposed to be his last movie?

No, his next one.

Supposedly.

Literally every film receives standing ovation in Cannes.

The movie is supposed to be an homage to old Hollywood judging from the characters, time period, and countless cameos. I imagine it's mostly nostalgia for these people on par with how most normies would have felt if the new Star Wars movies would have been good.

Yup. That’s the people we share this board with

Attached: BD7C8334-77C5-4E29-9E85-48EAEEDA30AE.png (645x773, 11K)

Imagine being the guy with a fucking stopwatch timing how long the standing ovation lasts as a proof of quality

Von Trier got standing ovation for The House That Jack built after 200 people left.

Yeah but that’s hardly “literally every movie”

Fuck cannes, Fuck berlin. Fuck meme festivals.

Is there a von Trier film shown at Cannes that hasn't caused people to walk out?

Why is Berlinale a meme festival?

Standing Ovations and booing doesn't really mean anything. Plent of great films have been booed at Cannes because the brainlets there couldn't comprehend them.

fuck that, Where the fuck is Kill Bill 3

Every film in competition receives standing ovation you fucking retard. Even films in sidebars receive standing ovations.

No

Fuck you too tranny pedo.

If I was a director I'd have atleast 25 people in the room playing loud clapping and cheering sounds from their phones as they are clapping after the film is over. Make it a true romp.

>unironically being a Refnfag

Attached: hahaha_oh_why.jpg (560x432, 50K)

this guy gets it

youtu.be/zghytrQ0OOY
Frankie the worst rated film in competition receiving a standing ovation. Every film gets that you fucking dipshit.

What did they mean by this?

Attached: Screenshot_20190522-082647~2.png (703x565, 84K)

Navel gazing industry

YAAAAAAAAAAS TARANKINO INCOMING

Attached: 62F7EE35-01D1-4A46-AD30-FF37A1B57E7D.png (644x800, 15K)

>it's mostly nostalgia for these people on par with how most normies would have felt if the new Star Wars movies would have been good.
savagely based and redpilled

Attached: kek1.png (327x316, 208K)

What is the plot of his new movie? Hollywood degeneracy?

Attached: death-proof.jpg (1000x836, 121K)

>he shoots on film
absolute lad

It's about having sex.

Something most here can't even conceptualize.

>a bunch of clowns self-congratulating themselves
BRAVO

He always does tho

film gets me off, I hate digital, I still use a canon xl1 when I'm bored with minidv tapes

He's doing Star Trek after this

Can't Tarantino get accused of rape already so Yea Forums can like him. You guys are the biggest contrarian faggots.

Attached: 1543478242649.jpg (449x839, 172K)

I know, he was also one of the directors who petitioned the studios to sign a contract with Kodak to keep film production alive. Just for that he gets a pass in my book.

>film gets me off, I hate digital
based
but why do you use a canon xl1 then?
why not use a Canon Scoopic?

For some reason I still can't picture that. QT and Trek seem like square peg and round hole.

Not my career just a hobby.

he says this everytime

Why not shoot film as a hobby?

>Leo is a 2nd rate actor in a western
>Pitt is his stuntman and friend
>Polanski and Tate are Leo's neighbours
>The murders happen
>3rd act, they go hunting the Manson's, becoming the macho characters they play in Hollywood
It's about middle-age acceptance

Everybody get a standing ovation in Cannes retard

Um, except it doesn’t? Geez Louise

It does.

Melancholia

What happened bros?

Attached: elle fanning.jpg (854x1281, 158K)

Brad Pitt killing Manson. That's all.

It's not that important anymore. 8 years ago I realized that I like watching films instead of making them. I do a short with friends probably once a year just for fun. I also have 3 other cameras so I don't need anymore lol.

>Refn gets it
>OMG BASED
>Tarantino gets it
>LOL EVERYONE GETS IT! IT DOESN'T MATTER!
this board is a joke

Absolutely disturbing.

GIbson was given standing ovation at Venice for Hacksaw Ridge

it means nothing

I wasn't necessarily referring to narrative films. Making home movies on film is god tier.
you're missing out

>Yea Forums is one person

>phoneposter
>wojack variant
yup

yes

I’m pretty sure it doesn’t

i fucking hope so

Nobody actually likes Refn, relax.

youtu.be/1jPWGEoyJHY

>standing O
cringe

fame got to her head
now she has to go clowning around to draw attention

I'm pretty sure it does.

critical failure
please delete Yea Forums

That's exactly what your parents think of you whenever you walk by them. Just repleace 'board' with 'house'.

sounds like some cringe sion sono ripoff

>meme arrows to sound le cool

Not in my book it doesn’t

I’m pretty sure they don’t think so

>keeps digging
not him but keep going, you're making my morning coffee better

Attached: 1554109589492.gif (300x200, 903K)

Your book doesn't matter. They are standing and clapping so it's standing ovation. For the worst film of the competition. Standing ovation literally means nothing in Cannes.

here's how film festivals work

>create film festival
>at first a small venue made by passionate people
>no sponsors, not much money
>only of interest to off-mainstream films
>it starts becoming popular and people are interested
>seeing an opportunity for exposure, publicists approach the festival with sponsoring deal
>festival gets money, but also pressure for exposure
>festival now needs to attract more big names to keep interest up
>more big names > more sponsors/money > more big names > more sponsors/money
>rinse and repeat
>festival now is just a circlejerk of big names to keep up public interest and thus sponsor money flowing
>the original intent of creating a platform for non-mainstream films is completely lost
>festival just lives off the name it made before it became a commercial circlejerk
>festival has become literally the opposite of what it was when it was conceived
happens to all festivals that get big and popular
pic somewhat related

Attached: degradation_of_fanbase_hobby.jpg (4040x626, 451K)

home sick or out for the summer already?

alright FUCKFACE let me put it this way. When some no name gets standing ovations it’s no big deal cuz it’s a tradition and no one discusses it afterwards. But when people like Tarantula (who by the way hasn’t appeared at Cannes with his film since pulp fiction) get them (also not every director gets near 10 minutes ovation) paired with critics reviews it means something you stupid mouthbreather

Locarno doesn't have many mainstream films. I would say Cannes selection for the past years isn't that mainstream, there are some mainstream films but there are also some inaccessible films. Venice is pure Oscar bait festival at this point.

Its a movie about Hollywood sucking its own dick why would they not love it?

I don’t think about you at all.

>13:51:02

>13:51:03

But which post came first.

So they gave him a standing O because he hasn't been there in long time then, obviously.

>types post
>solves 7 captchas to post
>I don't think about you

Attached: 1552513694997.png (662x478, 22K)

Tarantino has been jeered/booed there for Pulp fiction and inglorious bastards.

It's more like a "woops sorry we are wrong, you are based" clap

Uno Farto @ 3:17

Attached: 220px-Quentin_Tarantino_(Berlin_Film_Festival_2009)_2_cropped.jpg (220x253, 16K)

Unironically dropped it after the trailer.

MMmm

No one discusses it afterwards because retards like you probably only know Tarantino from the selection this year.
>But when people like Tarantula (who by the way hasn’t appeared at Cannes with his film since pulp fiction)
He was there with Basterds you fucking piece of shit, at least know what you are talking about before you spout some garbage.
> (also not every director gets near 10 minutes ovation) paired with critics reviews it means something you stupid mouthbreather
I didn't deny this, i said everyone gets standing ovation which is true. When it's famous director he gets longer standing ovation just because he is famous. Critics reviews are good that doesn't mean the film will be good especially since it's Tarantino. Tarantino has a mind of 15 year old. It will be juvenile wannabe cool garbage, every character will talk like him and also of course bunch of references and ripping of other films. I may be proven wrong but he hasn't matured, he only regressed. His juvenile tendencies are always present in his films because he has a mind of a teenager.

ann arbor still based so berlin and rotterdam

I bet you would suck my dick if I asked you to

No, but i'm certain you would suck Tarantino's.

No I’m pretty sure you would

do you think he farted when filming this scene?

>I would say Cannes selection for the past years isn't that mainstream
lmao
you can't be serious

theguardian.com/film/2004/may/02/cannes2004.cannesfilmfestival

How can this guy make good movies? I'm confused.

youtube.com/watch?v=GrsJDy8VjZk

isn't this like masturbation to a masturbation?

>Mark Kermode
He likes Avengers and dislikes House of Tolerance which is the one of the arty films which was in cannes in past years. This year you have Bonello, Eggers, Serra, Hausner, Almodovar, Sciamma, Malick, Desplechin, Balagov, Laxe, Dumont etc. Those are not mainstream directors. I think cannes strikes a good balance between mainstream basic films such as Loach, Tarantino and more arthouse films.

I also forgot this year there is 4.5 hours long Lav Diaz film and last year there was documentary by Wang Bing which is like 8 hours.

No wonder, every his movie is a masterpiece. Seriously, Tarantino is like a Rockstar North of film industry - no fails.

Greentext is cancer newfag

This, hollywood loves to jack itself off. The film is probably good but that's just how the business works.

He never made a masterpiece.

Reminder that Tarantino is a hack
When I was underage faggot I thought Kill Bill was peak kino, but as I grew up I realized that it is a piece of shit and Tarantino tries to be some kind of maestro by putting some woowoo and fireworks to wool your eyes over.

Why do whites make this face?

I really don't need to explain myself again just because you can't read. A big festival like Cannes needs big names to keep the sponsors interested. The big names are what keeps the festival funded and relevant. The very fact that someone is at Cnnes makes him mainstream. Because CANNES IS MAINSTREAM.

Attached: 90s.jpg (141x148, 7K)

Superior number of nerve connections and muscles

>The very fact that someone is at Cnnes makes him mainstream. Because CANNES IS MAINSTREAM.
Yes Lav Diaz and Albert Serra sure are mainstream filmmakers.

they are if you're an elitist lefty

If they're at cannes, they're mainstream.

Based. Kill Bill is peak Tarankino

No.

There really isn't any non-mainstream cinema anymore. Cinema has gotten mainstream by definition. Albert Serra gets a couple of million to make his "non-mainstream" films. He goes on all the tv programmes talking about "non-mainstream" films. He's in all the "non-mainstream" magazines. He sure gets a shitload of exposure for being non-mainstream.

Attached: just_pepe.jpg (494x466, 25K)

I'm sure sponsors would put down millions of dollars for a festival full of no-names who nobody cares about. Because sponsors are such philantropists who don't want anything in exchange for their money. Makes perfect sense.

>tfw cannes is the mcdonalds of the arthouse scene

Attached: 1554600549150.png (434x521, 43K)

alright mr media studies lmao have sex

yup

I literally said that cannes has a good balance between basic mainstream films, usually american and then arthouse films. Nobody said that the festival is full of no names you fucking retard. Claiming that someone like Diaz, Laxe is mainstream just because they are in Cannes is delusional.

>le token no-names
cannes is still mainstream, and if those guys aren't they're sure trying hard to be

>mr media studies
You can just watch videos on the cannes website they post the standing ovations there, it happens for every film.

If they tried to be mainstream they would have more american films in the main selection. If you look up articles, american journalists complain every year about cannes being irrevelant because they don't have enough american films in the selection. Also if they tried so hard to be mainstream they wouldn't refuse last year somebody like Nemes and Leigh and instead of them they put in the main competition Hamaguchi and Dvortsevoy. Venice is a mainstream festival.

>if it doesn't have american films it's not mainstream
>this is what mutts actually believe
the world is much bigger than burgerland you tard. And the mainstream goes much further than hollywood blockbusters.

ffs, cannes is in all the media, on telelevision, on the radio, you can't NOT be aware that cannes is going on, how the actual fuck is that not mainstream? ffs cannes DEFINES mainstream, it's where filmmakers go to become mainstream
you can't argue that a festival that literally defines its contents as mainstream isn't mainstream
fucking kys

I'm saying what american journalists are saying about Cannes this and last year. Of course the competition has more popular directors from their countries but the sidebars and sometimes competition have some films from directors which are not that established.

These are the same faggots that walked away from the house that Jack built

uno farto with another masterpiece

because americans see themselves as the fucking center of the universe, and you're playing into that bs. So cannes is not american mainstream it's european mainstream, it's still mainstream. Mainstream isn't defined by being american you absolute retard.

How many people actually give a fuck about Cannes just because it's sometimes on television. I already provided filmmakers which are not mainstream that are in cannes. Ask some random person who Lav Diaz is and you will see if he is mainstream. Even people who give a fuck about film don't know some filmmakers at cannes. Someone like Sergey Dvortsevoy is not mainstream, not a lot of people know him. Even if you ask normal people who say that they are film buffs they wouldn't know lot of people who are in competition.

like I said, a bunch of token no-names doesn't make cannes non-mainstream. that's all.

It may be mainstream for people who give a shit about cinema, if you ask someone do you know Albert Serra they won't. If you ask do you know Nolan, Tarantino, Spielberg there is a greater possibility that they do. Godard may be mainstream, someone like Pedro Costa is not.

Also, look at who wins the competition. It's obv what they're doing, they get a bunch of token no-names to seem more alternative and hip and cool, but the winners are the ones with the big names, because that's what will give the festival exposure. Because at all festivals what you need to win is to have big names attached. It's never about good movies, it's always about big names. You may get selected, yeah, as if anyone gave a shit about that.

see
and
also Albert Serra is mainstream in Spain.

Go ahead and ask your friends how many filmmakers from the competition they know. They will know Tarantino. Maybe Almodovar and Loach. Mainstream filmmakers are someone like Tarantino, Nolan, Villeneuve, Spielberg. Someone who people actually know.

they must have said nigger a lot

see
again, TOKEN NO-NAMES.

So did that autist Refn for his feminist horseshit. Who cares what European literal faggots think about anything

>Make a film with no purpose other than blowing Hollywood
>Hollywood elites enjoy it
Wow who could have known!

Palme d'Or: Shoplifters by Hirokazu Kore-eda
Grand Prix: BlacKkKlansman by Spike Lee
Best Director: Paweł Pawlikowski for Cold War
Best Screenplay:
Alice Rohrwacher for Happy as Lazzaro
Jafar Panahi and Nader Saeivar for 3 Faces
Best Actress: Samal Yeslyamova for Ayka
Best Actor: Marcello Fonte for Dogman
Jury Prize: Capernaum by Nadine Labaki
Go ahead and ask your friends how many of these films they know. I'm sure that everyone knows Koreeda. That everybody knew Rohrwacher especially before she won anything at Cannes, she was not established filmmaker. The same goes for Panahi, Labaki and Sergey Dvortsevoy.

>Hirokazu Kore-eda
who has been winning prizes at major film festivals since the 1990s, and is well known in Japan and in mainstream art-house circles

>Spike Lee
nuff said

>Cold War
a multi-country co-production with a budget of over 4 million Euros. Totally unknown indie film lmao

>Alice Rohrwacher
who has been pushed by the festival itself since 2011

see, it's all either big euro productions, well known filmmakers (again, the US isn't the whole world, maybe they're well known elsewhere, after all you want your festival to get exposure the world over), or filmmakers being continuously pushed by the festival itself.
If you really think this is some sort of off-mainstream event then you really can't be helped. It's obvious you simply base your view of what's mainstream on what american normies like, you're either an american or an ameriboo who buys into this idea that the US is the center of the world. Many of the filmmakers you say are unknown are quite well-known in europe.

don't they do this for every movie there?

Yes Rohrwacher was pushed by Cannes meaning they took her film in 2011 when she was not that well known. I'm European, i know they might be well known in some parts of europe if you care about film, and even then i think lot of people didn't know who some people last year and this year in competition were/are. Some of them may be well known filmmakers for people who really care about film and film festivals, which is small percentage of population. Also someone like Laszlo Nemes won Grand Prix in 2015 and also won Academy Award, yet they rejected his film last year. Same goes for Mike Leigh who is one of most well known filmmakers out of UK. Like i said i think the festival strikes good balance between mainstream and more arthouse cinema.

Who even boos a movie? Are the French really that rude? Rhetorical question.

Audiences at Cannes like to boo.

Shut the fuck up

Yes, they do.

Too bad Tarantino is a 2deep4me overrated hack.

cuz you're dum dum

Only the average intelligent like Tarantino.

It's pretty customary to clap after each film at film festivals lol

I'm pretty sure it's not THAT customerry

hopefully, he's such a hack

>Greentext is cancer newfag
le angry oldfag

been here since 2004, the average oldfag in 2019 is unironically a tranny,a furry,a sexual degenerate, a redditor or a corpse

>b-b-but muh puddi puddi, le pool is le closed and ebin candlej...

Attached: 1557094210396.png (448x380, 17K)

inst expensive?

>we

Attached: 1554002599519.png (758x631, 47K)

stupid frogposter

will the word "nigger" be spoken in the film?

>not expecting an ovation
He's continuing the self-fellation of Hollywood.

Of course they'd applaud, applauding at themselves.

hollywood is based tho

>hollywood is based tho

Attached: 1370672472777.png (625x626, 67K)

no tho

Attached: 1370944940604.png (625x626, 110K)

The American tourists

he wants to stop at 10 that he personally wrote and directed.

>1969
oh yeeeeah

Scheiß Berliner, spreng dich weg