This is going to be the next GoTs in terms of hype. Watchmen finally gets the attention it deserves

This is going to be the next GoTs in terms of hype. Watchmen finally gets the attention it deserves.

Attached: AB3F9B03-9D52-409C-9DE6-B304039388D0.jpg (1587x2245, 162K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fPGPOBWfQS4
youtube.com/watch?v=zymgtV99Rko
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fuck off hbo marketer

I'm not I just always liked the movie. Just accept it. It's great and based.

Nothing ever ends... Because we refused to give the rights to Alan Moore like we promised... We have no respect for artistic integrity...Something it's creator intended to be a closed story dragged out infinitely...

Normies will not like it.
GOT got big because woman liked it.
wimin won't like Watchman faggot.
GOT was the end of sporting TV show hype. people are sick of it.

>GOT was the end of sporting TV show hype. people are sick of it.
lmao. Nope. It will always be a thing.

>reeee people are not allowed to like stuff!
>no dont ask for more!!!

>cancelled after first season

nice strawman

I fear that hbo will try to push a pollitical agenda with this show.
A classic orange man bad if you may.

have sex

How

this

Watchmen lacks cultural relevancy today and whatever this abomination is, has all the appeal of rotten bananas

It will be good but people won't watch it. Because it requires you to read the original comic books.

shut the fuck up, nigger

you mean the super mainstream comic book that everyone knows?

>one of the most popular far-right leaning characters in pop culture
>an evil cult is started after his death, showing how evil the right is

Most people just watched the film and the film is horrible.

Uhm very hostile bro

bend over you twink faggot, i'll show you hostile

>and the film is horrible.
Pleb

youtube.com/watch?v=fPGPOBWfQS4

Hack Snyder is too obsessed with how cool superheroes are to understand Watchmen

I can see this show hemorrhaging viewers like Westworld.

Watchmen movie was one of my biggest surprises ever. Didn't even know it was a comic when the trailers dropped, I thought it was the lamest shit ever. Had a free weekend of HBO or Showtime and it was the only thing on and it was fucking amazing. To this day I don't understand why not only is it not acclaimed but it's considered mediocre.

do you need to read the comic to understandy the series/can someone give me a little background from where it left

Why would you need to? When has that ever been the case for an adaptation.

Kino ahead of its time

Comic is better, despite being almost identical visually

Watchmen is pretty damn great. People dislike it because either:
>muh snyder
>muh comic
Shitty adaptations and fans trying to cope.

>implying they won't do muh girl power and shit to get normies attention

Probably the dumbest guy in mainstream comics is involved in this garbage, it will be terrible

Attached: Geoff+Johns+Man+Steel+World+Premiere+NYC+Part+BPi43dBQYBvl.jpg (395x594, 67K)

From what I heard the comic goes like I definitely preferred the movie's take

Giving that Johns dropped Mime and Marionette being Joker or one of the Joker's parents will they be in it somehow? Really one of the few enjoyable aspects of Doomsday Clock and they've seem to be completely dropped from the plot entirely.

But it's Netflix. They'll poison it with story-lines about the wage gap just like all of their other shows. I loved the movie and have zero hype for this.

They will shoehorn in some political message from this day and age that was not relevantback then, knowing full well that it will render the original story devoid of its intended message. They have no other option since they cant really be original.

>HBO IS NETFLIX
Uhm?

Attached: 03D46112-73D7-4878-9CA7-214AC2292BD8.png (372x478, 8K)

well... atleast they have tront razor and that other dude to do the score

Oh it's not Netflix but it's another provider who does the exact same thing? What a twist!

>To this day I don't understand why not only is it not acclaimed but it's considered mediocre.
Too ahead of it's time, the production values still hold and look better than all marvel movies aside from GOTG2. The hate usually comes from manchildren that fail to understand different media needs different stuff, it deconstructs action movies and capeshit movies how they were perceived by moviegoers instead of capeshit comics as they were perceived by capeshit readers in the 80's. They don't care about the politics or the philosophy of the characters, they just repeat what other braindead capeshiter tells them to think in youtube videos, the movie was good, it's just that Snyder triggers people.

>This is going to be the next GoTs in terms of hype
sorry but lindelof is a hack and the leftovers was a bad show.

Ugh, oh no. Who is gonna play Dr.Manhattan? i cant picture anyone else

Attached: 884.jpg (480x640, 40K)

>Really one of the few enjoyable aspects of Doomsday Clock and they've seem to be completely dropped from the plot entirely.
They don't matter to Johns, he will get the royalties, that's all he wanted, but i'm glad the dropped the Joker's parents plot.

I never cared about superman but I was looking forward to man of steel because oh how much I loved Watchmen but I came away disappointed. I will say that it showed me that live action DBZ is actually possible though. And it's funny because some one involved with the production said that it was an influence on the fight choreography or something.

Joker's parents plot could've been interesting but the entire comic is now nothing but plot lines that went no where and poor planning ahead which doomed the second half of the story. Black Adam's arc is alright along with the Superman Conspiracy theory stuff, if it had been that all along rather than focusing on Joker's parents then it would've been much more original and truer to the tone of Watchmen.

haven't watched it but Lost is pretty overrated
good at keeping your attention and wanting to see what's next but show got overly ridiculous fast and never lead to satisfying conclusions, even before the ending

its a sequel, he's not even going to be in it.

maybe they'll have him teased in the season finale or something.

>its a sequel
Wait what? whats it even gonna be about? they find out theres no alien squid invasion and go right back to war?

good becuase the leftovers is almost the exact copy of lost
the only difference is they don't bother answering questions this time.

You heard about the ending then. The ending makes more sense than the movie's ending if you have the slightest understanding of politics. The plan is to stop nuclear annihilation by using something ridiculous that can't be blamed on any other country. It makes perfect sense in the comic.

I really don't know if it does lack cultural relevancy. Sometimes I think the whole world feels like that room full of people in Rorschach masks chanting 'Tick-Tock' over and over again. I feel like something is coming and we don't know what.

seriously this. its so fucking obvious. everyone here already watched the trailer and its absolute cringe

I liked the trailer but it's going to fail. It's literally white terrorists against woke poc heroes.

if that bothers you, then you should probably have sex.

Attached: WOKE.png (626x626, 336K)

>implying that attracts the female audience

HBO is fucked because they know they've lost their edge

>To this day I don't understand why not only is it not acclaimed but it's considered mediocre
Because it is mediocre.

da fuck

>one of the best looking and best colored comics in the world is almost identical to Snyder's 50 shades of blue movie

Not him, but have sex is a response to people with irrational hatred and contempt for women based on their own delusions and bitterness, not a catch all cry for you against anyone you disagree with. You're the guy who likes to sing along, but he don't know what it means...

Do comic book nerds have the attention span to watch 50 minute filler episodes?

See, while I want to say you're wrong and stupid because Damon Lindelof is a hack and a psychopath, the ghost of Leftovers keeps looming in the back of my mind.

So every world leader and May will be a bad perso who has radicalized their nations and masked vigilantes will fight to restore order? Is that going to be the plot?

>unironically spending time defending Snyder movies (Watchmen, of all things) on Yea Forums
>calling others manchildern

based. This is a good thing.

Comic book industry is mostly filler, so yeah

it looks great, the actual visuals of the movie and design really work. it does kind of miss the point of though which is why i think people are butthurt about it. the comic is very much a critique of superheros, and how silly and brutal the whole thing would be if you really took it seriously. the movie takes the premise seriously, it's an gritty, bloody violent movie, that doesn't see any problem with that. it's full of like really good looking hero shots glorifying the main characters, while all but ignoring that central idea of the comics, that they're a response to superhero comics.

it's a shame watchmen could have really had something interesting to say about superhero movies, mirroring the way the comic was a critique of cape comics. The film was a bit ahead of the curve, but it was clearly not chosen for that idea, it was chosen because it was a famous comic property.

Synder has a really good eye for visuals, he's got a really developed visual language for showing captivating imagery but... he doesn't use it to say anything beyond "doesn't this shit look fucking dope bro?" A good example of this is that there's a lot of shots of the smiley badge image in the movie, a lot more than in the comics, it seems mostly because Synder thinks it's a captivating image, and not for any real thematic reason.

rorschach's diary has been found and that had some effect on viedt's plan causing it to fail somehow.

the diary is the basis for some kind of cult.

youtube.com/watch?v=zymgtV99Rko

I'm watching the ultimate cut right now. Seems pretty different from what I remember. Its so fucking good and Kino compared to what I've been used to in terms of capeshit from the last few years.

>There are people on this board that actually, unironically, without a hint of sarcasm, think that Snyder movies look good

That's the thing though, comicfags don't like it because it's not faithful enough, but casuals didn't care for it either.

It will be Leftovers tier. Cult hit that normies don't watch and that gets cancelled after 3 seasons.

>This is going to be the next GoTs in terms of hype.

Nah, Wheel of Time will be. Bezos loves the books so the show basically has a limitless budget.

At best it gets Westworld S1 hype and absolutely dies in S2.

>chanting 'Tik-Tok' over and over again.
I wish it was irrelevant today.

Attached: MadeupMarriedAnglerfish-max-1mb.gif (146x260, 846K)

I want to kill this tranny

I always thought they might grow up eventually but it seems they are retarded for life.

>Damon Lindelof
Oh jesus.

i don't like the movie's take but i could never really accept the comic's ending with what the comic previously told us about how hardcore russia is that they keep fucking with the US when manhattan would fuck them up. also are they just supposed to abandon communism or something

The trailer for this looked terrible. I was super excited for this sequel or not but it looks to be a super left leaning show about standing up to fantasy muh alt right uprising. I don't usually see politics in everything I watch like 90% of this board but that's all that this screamed to me during that trailer.

> Snyder
> color scheme: black, blue, dark brown

I can barely see shit in his movies.

DROPPED

>There are people on this board that actually, unironically, without a hint of sarcasm, think that Lindelof is a good writer

maybe I heard something else about the ending then because it wassome weird sci-fi alien shit or something I was told how it ended in the comics

so it's not a sequel? jesus christ it's going to be the same story but ruined

It's a sequel of the comic books, it has nothing to do with Snyder's movie.

>identical visually
>no massive alien octopus

I don't think this is true. It can't be.

the intro of snyder's watchmen is so kino. the movies fell apart fast as you realise that the comic material doesn't translate well into film. that scene at the start where they try to fit rorsarch's diary entry into a scene of his breaking into the lab is really cringy. like that comic dialogue just doesn't sound natural when spoken out loud by someone in such a rushed way when in the comic you read it at a certain pace while looking at the art in the panels one by one

that's what i meant. "remix" doesn't sound like a sequel to the comics. it sounds like a modern day re imagining

The squid turns out to be real, and New York is now full of of squid human hybrids.

>inb4 Alan Moore magicks all the writers and producers to hell

>he has never spent 5 hours reading comic books
I'm pretty sure attention spans are not an issue.

The 3 and a half hour director's cut is the best way to watch it but obviously too much for most people.
But there are a lot of stupid lines of dialogue and silly fight scenes (as well as all the obvious greatness). It's like a test shoot for BvS in a lot of ways

Considering the success of the netflix mcu shows, apparently so.

>comic goes into detail about how stupid capes are and how it got one of the older heroes killed
>movie nite owl has a cape and even batman glides

Attached: 1546860111109.jpg (465x512, 51K)

>comic material doesn't translate well into film
It CAN be translated well into film, but the key word is to TRANSLATE it, not copy it. Treating comics as storyboards is legitimately retarded, but Snyder probably thought 'hey, it worked with 300...'.
And it worked really well with 300, but 300 is so simple, in every sense, compared to Watchmen, and so style over substance that it was perfect for Snyder.
See A History of Violence, as an example of how to translate comic book into another medium.

i agree. one of the problems with adapting a limited series like watchmen is that there really isn't much room to experiment with. a comic like spiderman for example had about 40 years of stories it could draw from when the first movie came out. you can basically make your own story about spiderman but also keep it true to the character and comic. with watchmen you don't have much freedom. snyder in particular tried to directly copy the comic into film form but had to leave out a lot of things that make the comic great like the civilian sidestory with the freighter comic

but the freighter comic is in the movie animated

>comic goes into detail about how stupid capes are and how it got one of the older heroes killed
Incredibles already did that exact skit dumbass

Women hate that shit. GOT was popular with women because it's a soap opera.

How do you guys feel about the adaptation of V for Vendetta?
Personally, I feel like comics are better adapted as cartoons(Persepolis, super hero cartoons), and there are some comics that I just hope will never be adapted (Sandman, Promethea).

Sci-fi has always had a hard time at the box office. It was at the time a pretty big hurdle for the casuals to get over. Iron Man was only just the year before, people were not used to that cape movie stuff yet. Kids aren't going to see it and make it money, adults would still have seen it as comic book cape hero kids shit. the movie is interesting to look at , but doesn't have family friendly marvel quips or at the other end "deep themes" to get people to go along with it.

There are problems with the film though, the Hallelujah flame cum scene is pretty standout and the film has lots of tonal issues, mostly because of how serious it takes itself contrasted with how comic and over the top the action and cinematography is. There's like a ludonarrative dissonance to it all.

i think if watchmen had came out when the first of second avengers movies had come out, it would have been much more successful.

it's what DC were hoping to get with the Snyder films, but didn't get. Adapting a wide source material like the DC stuff leads to a mess. Watchmen is structured and simpler to fit the screen than trying to pull parts from 20 different sources and yet be different to the stuff that Nolan had just done a few years prior.

the leftovers is unironically good and he wrote that.

>Damon Lindelof
HOW DOES THIS NIGGER STILL HAVE A JOB?

Decades later dumbass

> there's a lot of shots of the smiley badge image in the movie, [ ] it seems mostly because Synder thinks it's a captivating image, and not for any real thematic reason.
He fucked it up by not realising the blood is meant to be the hand of the doomsday clock, and he keeps shining a massive light on his ignorance.

>(((Damon Lindelof)))
hmm I wonder

Attached: BIG THINK.jpg (590x797, 30K)

only in the extended version

one of the masked heroes is clearly the black woman in the trailer.

>hallelujah flame cum scene
I haven't seen the movie in a while: what the fuck are you talking about?

Go fuck yourself HBO.

nite owl and silk specture fuck in his owl plane while hallelujah plays as the music for the sex scene.

it cuts to an external shot of the owlplane as nite owl climaxes and it shoots a spurt flame into the sky.

you can probably find video of it without too much effort.

This

Again the right is considered the Enemy while the left are portrayed as the moral crusaders. Even though left-wing extremist groups did exist in this country for good while. They will cram their leftist agenda bullshit all in this series. Just look at the made up new lead.

This and its unrealistic portrayal of female leaders. This was their show after season 4. Then the man shamming began

I haven't watched one episode of GOT, but I followed this season's drama and what happened in episode three is possibly the worst plot resolution I've ever read in any major tv series.

Attached: fuckthiscolorschemeIcantseeshit.jpg (3733x2100, 1.22M)

>posting irrefutable top-tier kino as your defense that Snyder is a hack
Uh what

>adaptation of V for Vendetta
Can't say that I cared too much for either a comic or a movie, but it was a long time ago since I read/watched it, so maybe I should try it again.
It really doesn't matter in which medium comic book is going to be adapted, whether is it a movie, animation, play, musical, whatever, as long as there is a competent person behind that project. In my mind, if I had to adopt Sin City, Scott Pilgrim or Ghost World I would go with animation, but the live action version of those comics are all good (imo, I know Yea Forums generally don't like the Scott Pilgrim movie).

>it deconstructs action movies and capeshit movies how they were perceived by moviegoers instead of capeshit comics as they were perceived by capeshit readers in the 80's

but it doesn't actually do this, user. you can defend the movie, and i think you're right to do so, but it doesn't really do that.

its full of standard movie action scene stuff, it's got slow mo fight scenes with over the top shots like bones being broken through skin. those scenes aren't presented in any way as a critique or deconstruction of standard movie stuff.

an example is how flight of valkyries is played while a giant dr manhattan slowmo vaporises vietnamese into globs of blood and guts. This is a scene that's presented without irony, it doesn't descontruct anything, it uses the song like "hey pop culture says this song is linked with vietnam" .

it and all the other scenes are just a straight played that stuff that is impossible to separate from other Synder action scenes. it's not done in a way to provoke the viewer into thinking about why those scenes and the action scenes in general are played the way they are, there's nothing to support the scenes being commented on.