So which show will replace GOT as the next major tv series that everyone talks about?

So which show will replace GOT as the next major tv series that everyone talks about?

Attached: CCEF3755-8271-448A-8510-ED99201C31BF.jpg (522x422, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/y-last-man-ordered-series-at-fx-1182204
radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018-11-07/toby-whithouse-neil-gaiman-gormenghast-series/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

NICS: New Orleans

The Mandalorian

Something by HBO OR AMC.

American Gods S2 sucked. That what you got to milk a 100 page book in 3+ seasons.

The Handmaid's Tale.

the billion dollar LOTR show, the witcher is already dead in the water even though it had a genuine chance

>Watchmen
Written by Lindelof, majority of people will fuck off after two episodes
>His Dark Materials
Even if it's deep, it will be perceived as a "for children" show
>Westworld 3
Maybe. Even GOT wasn't that famous the first seasons
>The Mandalorian
Maybe. But a lot of people hate sw for being sw
>Amazon Tolkien Series
Biggest contender. It won't happen until 2020/21
>The Witcher
Netflix, lol, nope-
>Too Old to Die Young
Only kinolovers, no masses
>Y: The Last Man
We know too little
>Catch 22
Nope. Miniseries.

This is already it.

nothing. i'm sick of this shit.

First Westworld season should have been the end. Haven't even finished the second season because it's bullshit already. Don't see how it can save itself

Westworld 2 made everyone drop the show since it didn't went into the direction everyone hoped it would.

Y: The Last Man would be too controversial to enjoy popular support.

chernobyl?

miniseries, already 3/5ths done

both are trash

Everyone knows it's kino but at the end of the day it'll only ever have 5 episodes
Not like it goes into an alternate timeline where Europe is dead because the reactor blew

Have you seen the trailer for S3 ?
completely different, blade runner vibe, seems great

Season 2 already spoiled that the story is about trying to find out if Humans have consciousness thousands of years in the future by AI.

That has ruined the entire premise.

Nobody watches Westworld. It was boring shite right from the start.

Nothing that's on now.
This gets some fuss in the news when retard dress like the characters to protest. But no one cares about the actual show as much as GoT.

This. All the retards that named their kid after Dany are going to double down on their YASSS QUEEEN simulator when the next season drops.

Tropical Cop Tales

t.soiboi

The wheel of Time.

People just are not that hype about Westworld. There's no final endgame hyped to keep people invested, like Dany eventually coming to westeros, what's up with the white walkers, who of these characters I like will survive.
I guess Westworld issue is it has gone through characters too fast. I don't think WW is terrible but it will not last 8 seasons.

American gods is just too cheesy. It doesn't take itself seriously so the audience can't either. Its fun though.
Wheel of Time is the answer. Imagine all the sexy braid tugging cosplayers.

Attached: LOC_Ebook_panoramic.png (1685x576, 1.59M)

No one will speak about or spam Yea Forums like they have done with Game of Shits any time soon. Maybe the Lord of the Rings Amazon show but that's ages away.

>Written by Lindelof, majority of people will fuck off after two episodes
They're plebs, Leftovers was fantastic.

I know. I loved both Lost and Leftovers, I'm sure I'll love Watchmen

Nobody cares about your shitty, generic fantasy book. I'm not even trying to be rude, WoT will never ever reach the status of ASoIaF or LotR.

the watchmen trailer looked like pooppoopeepee

Attached: 1554507424540.gif (200x200, 788K)

Should be What We Do in Shadows. Best show on tv right now.

what would?

>WestWorld s1:

>wow this looks great
>cool world
>robot fucking
>i wonder whats at middle of maze
>oh, there is no maze!

>WestWorld s2:
>
>
>
>

i didnt watch it

I'm glad capeshit tv-shows almost never work out. At least not on the same scale. I hope the Chernobyl show turns out nice. But I ain't buying shit until after the show is finished. The fucked me with Deadwood and Carnivale. No more. Bought the first three seasons of GoT too, luckily I'm not a halfwit and saw the writing on the wall.

I've never heard of WoT but neither had anyone of ASoIaF and that was a generic fantasy book as well.

I think people are done with fantasy though and something else entirely will be the next big hit.

warcraft if handled right.

Na, it's been out for a while and no one gives a shit outside of the usual suspects.

Amazon's LOTR which will get S O Y E D into oblivion.

Please be joking. You don't actually buy any of this shit right?

Are you serious? I got of season one did they actually pull this shit?

The Continental.

You must never communicate with the outside world.

This is the right answer. People are going to love a John Wick TV show

it's sure as fuck not either of those

Noone.
There is no hype for any new or existing series.
No series with controversy or mysteries that creates fan theories or guesses.

I think importantly is that you already have a cult following. So the possible series would be Witcher, Lord of the Rings or Watchmen.
But Witcher seems to be some elseworld thing, like the Darktower movie, Lord of the Rings is already concluded in books and a movie series, Watchmen looks like some fanfiction future version.
It looks like they are dead on arrival!

And the most important thing i see as a problem is that most series are made for binge watching and on streaming plattforms. The fanbase has no week between episodes to talk about it.
See Love, Death & Robots, half week discussion, than after a week none. These binge watching. Or Stranger things, it was so quick forgotten because you watched the full season in one binge and got to the ending.

Attached: binge watching.png (781x780, 103K)

Yeah they actually do. There's an entire monologue where it's revealed the westworld park was actually to study human consciousness to try and upload them into AI so they could live forever.

But it turned out the human mind was only 11,000 lines of code and wasn't complex enough to work as AI so the AI were the only "real" thinking beings.

Then at the end of Season 2 we see a reveal that it's actually thousands of years in the future long after humanity has died out and the AI are still trying to revive humans into AI bodies to try and make them immortal.

Yeah it's a wild ride but it limits what season 3 can actually pull off.

i will not allow lor to be ruined for me if the inevitably shit series sees widespread fame. I will cancel my internet connection.

Before GoT aired nobody EVER heard of that book series.

Attached: 1554683394947.gif (245x180, 987K)

Yeah that's why it was greenlit.

>LOTR
>His Dark Materials
>Watchmen
>The Witcher

Exactly, because the series was cheap to license as it wasn't a big name.

and
>The Mandalorian

Chernobyl 2: Fukushima

I always thought the dress is just some pr move to make the show bigger. It doesnt even feel like the fawke mask. Which outlived its signals.
While the MasQueen will live on as a eternal meme. Or that Martin kills important characters.

Attached: mask.jpg (800x450, 204K)

The Mandalorian will be it, if it is at all decent.

it won't be westworld anyways. that show went to shit in S2

HBO is known for gambling, yep.

They took extremely big gambles with Band of Brothers, Rome and Game of Thrones.

You've made 2 sarcastic statements already that both turned out to be true. Stop it.

Blacked com needs have mandatory air time on every tv station in the western world. Penis envy of white men would go thru the roof

Season 2 gets better after tgey bring back Ford

>Even GOT wasn't that famous the first seasons
What? It was famous enough in its first year.

Attached: comiccon 2011.jpg (871x528, 91K)

That is profoundly dumb and reaks of a shity SciFi original movie.

>Y: The Last Man
The show got canned at fx it's not happening

Yeah this is why everyone says Westworld fucked up in season 2. It's also a path they can't recover from because season 3 while it plays out in the "normal world" we already know it's thousands of years in the future and it's all just fake shit.

And i dont think that westworld had this big reception in its airing year like GoT

Attached: comiccon 2011 autograsph panel.jpg (1024x807, 464K)

He is so tiny. I bet his dick is like 4 inches

Attached: 25D528C6-0783-4EF6-BF3C-8611E979D4ED.jpg (226x223, 6K)

Dude the pilot alone cost up to 10 million dollars. Just admit you're a retarded hermit who doesn't know about anything outside of normie pop culture.

Project harder, you little faggot.

wrong
hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/y-last-man-ordered-series-at-fx-1182204

This picture looks like StarWars meets GoT!

You have to be 18 to post here.

I'm a boomer

In order of chance of being the next GoT:
>LOTR
loved franchise, already a fanbase, new setting and new character, a lot of money involved
>The Mandalorian
same as above, but people are tired of SW
>Watchmen
same as above, but Lindlof is not for the masses. could be a surprise like Lost, but probably won't.
>The Witcher
estabilished franchise, but netflix sucks
>His Dark Materials
the books exists but are not THAT well known, it starts as a kid shows but quickly becomes really adult (much like got starts like a normal fantasy until Ned dies).

I think american gods is a great book, but I'm not gonna watch the series because they made Shadow into a nigger.

>Favreau
>Filoni
>Herzog
>Gus Fring
>OT aliens out the ass

It will be more than decent.

There's not gonna be one. The ending of GoT was also the end of the era of major tv series. All we're gonna get from now on is eight episode Netflix series with two years between seasons that only get talked about around the time they air.

Shadow is a nigger in the book also

No he isn't. He is described as vaguely native american looking iirc

Disney+ will bury Netflix, and The Mandalorian will be the murder weapon.

We could analyse things Lost and GOT have in common, since both followed a similar "cycle" of becoming the biggest show in their time then losing quality and ending in a way most people hated.
I'll give my small contribution:
>both were initially loved by nerds that would discuss theories about the mysteries of the plot on the internet
So we know that whatever show will hit substitute GOT will need to have mysteries, something that will make people discuss theories over and over, attracting attention from normalfags and from the media, that will make the show become big.
Westworld have this, so this one is a good possibility

Attached: 536px-Jorgegfdl.png (536x599, 512K)

An actual 70yo boomer, or the late twenties meme kind?

Early 30s loser that still posts on Yea Forums kind.

>the human mind is only 11,000 lines of code

Lmao leftists and atheists actually believe this

"cream-and-coffee skin"
his mother is black and his father is odin, so...

Based Bacula Poster

it really applies to every one of these shows:

I'm 44, faggot. People knew about ASoFaI way before the show. Hell, George Lucas ripped off Wookiees from GRRM 42 years ago.

Well to be fair they say it like. "we can reduce the human consciousness to 11,000 lines with no difference in behavior" They don't say that the human mind is actually that simple. Just that they can reduce it to 11000 lines and the robot will behave 100% similarly to how the original would behave. Which makes the AI believe that humans don't have free will unlike the AI which are actually complex enough to have free will. The point is basically that humans treat the AI like shit while in reality the humans are mere machines without free will while the AI is the first creature on Earth that has free will and also doesn't blame humans since it wasn't their choice anyway.

Make a TV show out of Turtledove's Southern Victory series

"No"

none of those, they suck balls

I think the Witcher might be it, because there's a lot of goodwill towards the series thanks to the games.

But then again it's very hard to make a show viral on Netflix, where everything is released at once.

>>Y: The Last Man
Holy shit, they are making a TV show out of it?

>the human mind is only 11,000 lines of code
lmao whoever wrote that probably never wrote even a simplest program in his life

neither of these will even make it to season 4

Neither of those in the picture. Right now there's no hugely popular show airing that would garner multiple threads a day like Breaking Bad or GoT. Gotta wait for the next big series

>Green's vision for Y: The Last Man, he told THR in July 2017, changed after Donald Trump was elected president. "It would have been a very different show, and very different development process, had the election not been as horrifying as it was," he said.
Is he living in some kind of alternative reality? What was so horrifying?
t.yuropoor

Women destroy the world the tv show? They will have to rewrite it completely to the point of banality.

Definitely not either of these pieces of shit

Expect American Gods to be cancelled this season

This. Once Chernobyl ends I'll have to find an outdoor hobby.

Refn is shit and so are your opinions

>>The Mandalorian
>people are tired of SW
wtf i thought it was abotu China>?

The dark kino crystal

Neither of them, both are already forgotten

>His Dark Materials
the books exists but are not THAT well known, it starts as a kid shows but quickly becomes really adult (much like got starts like a normal fantasy until Ned dies).
We already had a movie based on that and it was shit and flopped hard.

5 years ago this wouldnt have been a bad thing

you spoiler tags next time you fucking nigger

>women survive in a world without men
It's already unrealistic leftist fantasy.

He’s based black man tho, doesn’t want any part of that retard “we waz kangz” god group with Anansi and Bilquis

So that outside world with skyscrappers is just another park or what? I'm lost, this stuff is confusing.

Wheel of Time had a chance but I've heard they're rushing even harder than Game of Thrones (Two books a season.)

Nah. It was the budget cut...
They shoulda kept it fully funded.

Losing budget lost Gillian Anderson, Oestra plotline, and forced additional rewrites.

literally only commie women and hardcore soiboys watch that though, it has no normie appeal

lol?

This.

Attached: 6F9CE538-618B-45CD-9D56-E33F1707BA17.jpg (380x285, 12K)

I was the guy who watched PoTC every night; fight me

kino

Supernatural, I hope

westworld went to shit after s1

AG has become too woke for mainstream appeal

Stranger Things

none of the series televised right now, maybe the new LotR series?

>Maybe. Even GOT wasn't that famous the first seasons
Westworld ratings: 1.82m Season 1 / 1.57m Season 2
GoT: 2.52m Season 1 / 3.80m Season 2

Not to mention GoT is big overseas while Westworld isn't at all

Batwoman

Fuck no, it's been going for 3 years and barely anyone talks about it.

Was that Delores at the end of the Westworld trailer?

GoT was the last.

theyve committed to 5 seasons already. im really hopeful that amazon does it fuck it all up.

> The Witcher

I hope

With so much stuff moving to streaming where every episode is dumped at once, I'm not sure if we'll ever see something on the same level as GoT. A big part of what allows a show to get so big is the wait between episodes, which allows for all of fan discussions, hype, speculation, etc.

Even popular streaming shows like Stranger Things are basically forgotten a few weeks after the episodes all drop. Binge watching will be the death of global phenomenon TV shows.

After the way the last Westworld ended I was sure I was done but the new trailer has me wanting more and liking the direction.

>slavic characters being blackwashed by nigger recasts left and right
Do not watch the Witcher. Do not support the Witcher. Force them to fail so they end up doing it right.

Season 2 has a crap ending. A lot of build up and no pay off

Blood Moon

>Then at the end of Season 2 we see a reveal that it's actually thousands of years in the future
No they don't. MIB wakes up 250 years after the park was taken over by robutts. There's nothing about it being 1000s of years in the future. Maybe you don't like the show because you don't understand it and only halfway watched it while browsing Yea Forums.

GoT's first season got everyone hooked on the books and then the show took off. The first season is what brought everyone in.

Keep sucking that Juden dick you fucking kike lover. Nothing Disney puts out will ever be good. NOTHING.

>waking up in the future
I don't remember that at all.

I'm not tired of Star Wars I am tired of Disney Star Wars.

Attached: 1451868793221.jpg (1456x816, 213K)

please don't call liberal feminist retards commies tysm

I don't think any show will for two reasons.
1. There isn't any show that'll match the quality of early GoT. (Later seasons capitalized on the real story from the start)
2. With multiple shows jockeying for position, you won't have one clear outright winner because they're all vying for position. Whereas GoT really only had to standup against the final seasons of Breaking Bad, and the Americans.

how about Gormenghast?...I absolutely love the books...have read them so many times...such rich writing though so wonder if it will translate to TV...
radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018-11-07/toby-whithouse-neil-gaiman-gormenghast-series/

wtf each book is like 800 pages, you can't condense two of those fuckers into a single season

Good points.
Which series is based on a good, or percieved as good book?
Only Lord of the Rings, but we already had the ending of a book and a movie series.
There is no drama in "how does it end" combined with any "how will they translate X into film?"
Everyone is now made to fail.

Season 2 was bad from start to finish, I don't know how anyone can argue otherwise, the only decent episode was a complete remake of a season 1 episode.

Yeah I loved season 1 of Westworld, thought it was a contender for best show when GoT ended.
Then I saw episode 1 of season 2, and it was so bad I'd usually instantly dropped it, but my love for season 1 made me stick around for one more episode to see if it got better.
Heh, nope, saw 2 episodes of season 2 and bailed.

it shows

There's isn't one. Nothing is allowed to have an all white cast or writers room anymore so expect everything to cap out at a 6/10.
White society is over, that's it its done. No more great works or achievements it's just a slow continuous decline for the next 60 years

But it was WOKE and that's all that matters

There's no way it takes 60 years for the next actual war to kick off.
Things are escalating in Europe, I give it 25 years at the maximum, with 10 or 15 years being more likely.

Yes. The question is, can she keep getting away with it?

Barry's gonna hit the big time. Easy to catch up, crowd pleaser, got a bump from following GoT.

here to save kino

Attached: gianni-fiorito-hbo.jpg (1000x563, 715K)

Fuck all your stupid shit actual kino show coming through.

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 112K)

One piece live action

GoT was so big because it started around the same time TV reactions started on YouTube. It is impossible for any show to gather the same size fan base. Niggers even watch GoT, a show they typically would not be interested in. This is because black reactors attracted black viewers. They wanted to fit in.

You described Watchmen to a tee, even though with Lindelof's recent track record with HBO, it should be pure kino

GOT, became mainstream around the end of S3 with the Red Wedding.

Black Mirror has the potential. Especially if they to more interactive stuff right.

Whatever it is, it needs to be a type of Western. Hell of Wheels vibe but deeper writing and something people can theorize and create videos about. If it does not create a internet appeal it will never match GoT. Westworld would have been huge if it stayed a western.

in an ideal world, yes, but it feels like it's gearing up to end with season 3

It won't be any series that releases all its episodes at once. Doing that treats the series more like a movie than a TV series where people will just talk about it for a few days or a week and then it is dead and people are waiting for the next installment.

well, it's neither of those, thats for sure.
ww lost viewers in the 2nd season and ag just turned to shit honestly

Yeah, that they dude That is mostly true. Also Not sure if I agree with a Western show but it has to be something people will talk about week to week and make videos on. Netflix shows are just like movies, people binge watch 12 hours or however many episodes and the hype is over. Stranger Things is a big one but once the hype is over the first few weeks, its done. No one is creating Stranger Things videos or tweeting about it much between seasons, for over a year. You can't have viewing parties and cook outs for a show that gets released like a movie.

Season 9. grayworm finds a black magic scientist on southeros and goes back in time stopping Jon snow. Ending in season 8 is retconned and we start again with Dany as queen. Will you watch that?

lmao just rewatch Three Kingdoms

Attached: the abominable anglo.jpg (2761x2447, 1.14M)

why mmy weanus peanus of course :D

which show will replace GoT as the next major tv series that everyone talks about? my weeeanus peanus ;D

>42 years ago
Even though the first book was written in 92?

Don't, it's absolute trash.

Whatever it is, it has to be set in the past to have a fully white cast and be hugely popular.

hbo has made it no secret they're pouring all tier money into westworld, watchmen, and his dark materials. we will see if any off it pays off
i don't know what other big budget shows are coming

this: I rarely dismiss stuff, but season 2 is just trash.

I'm about to start 24/7 livestreaming my life. Pretty sure that'll stir shit up real well. No you have no idea man.

I always thought he looked like a mix of white, black, and red in the books, while leaning pretty heavy on the native side.

I'm like 99% sure Gaiman changed his intentions with Shadow's appearance halfway through the book. Even though the first mention of his heritage is from the perspective of another person within the narrative, it's kinda hard to see how you go from that particular description to the later ones that obviously implies that he's simply mulatto..

Tbh Season 1 was already pretty slow. I can't imagine how slow s2 must be.

I liked it The idea that animal sidekick reflects personality and most people have similar animals is nice

Something that Netflix puts out. The Mandalorian will be Disney garbage. The Witcher is gonna be awful. The LoTR series is on Amazon so it won’t get anywhere near the traction of a Netflix show. Closest we’ve probably got to that level of popularity was Stranger Things.

Some kosher story about loving Islam and niggers

lost all interest once they announced that they will make like 10 seasons of that shit

This. I couldn’t get invested in any of it...

>Everyone ITT forgetting that Breaking Bad was the big thing before GoT
The chances of the 'next' big show being anything like GoT are slim to none. Audiences move on. I'd say for this reason, and because audiences hate high fantasy, there's no chance in hell that Amazon's lotr show will do the gangbusters people think.
GoT was big because politics, tits, violence and shock deaths. Amazon's lotr will have almost none of that.

If The Walking Dead hadn't continuously shit the bed, it would have been bigger than GoT. Arguably it's only because of marketing that it isn't seen like that since it's still one of the most watched cable tv shows in the US.

Someone mentioned The Continental. That's actually a pretty good shout. But the fear is that audiences will get bored after a season of Keanu just doing the exact same shit he already did in the movies but with a lower budget.

The common thread between Lost, The Sopranos, Dexter, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead are the ambiguous morals. All of those shows lack a stereotypical hero to band behind. The 'protagonist' is always flawed as fuck. Rick from TWD is the closest to a hero hero and he spends half the show murdering people and going insane. And he's exited the show now.

>We already had a movie based on that and it was shit and flopped hard
And GoT pilote was so bad the series got almost cancelled. Your point?

Is Westworld actually any good or worth watching at all?

The multiple prequels for Game of Thrones.

The one that didn't devote 10 minutes to two ugly male pajeets fucking each other until one came Tinkerbell dust into the other's asshole.

PETER SOTOS LIVE

Why do zoomers exist

What direction did they fucking hope it would go?
Stop playing the FUCKING PRONOUN GAME

>we make old men do gross things
>that's the entire show
>created by jawless britbong sòýçūçks

No

Try swimming user, I am having super fun with it since 4 months now. Also bouldering if you are a city cat or literally just climbing trees and rocks for fun if you are inna woods

Westworld is already dead. Witcher will be there and so will The Mandalorian. LOTR will likely take over as soon as it's out.

The Dark Tower

>implying anyone shitposting in this topic even remembers Breaking Bad, nevermind Dexter
>implying any of these tumblretards realise how big TWD is
wew

Why is it that when something like Ice and Fire goes from being relatively niche to a household name it loses all integrity, originality, and blends in with every other popular TV show or movie to the point where they all look the same.

Is this thread full of amazon shills? Why does anyone think lotr will be the next got?
>it's fantasy like GOT!
The 'fantasy' in GoT was just an excuse to show a dragon and have hot witches wearing no clothes. If you seriously expect that from lotr you're delusional

it only became mainstream after boat sex

Hollywood (and everyone connected to it) is scared of doing things that are in any way new or different. "This was successful in the past, we must replicate it!"
It's why everything is so safe and predictable, following the same identical formula

>brand recognition
>insanely high budget
>fantasy shit

Walking Dead is only successful now because Kirkman is playing games with AMC and knows they have nothing better to show to draw in ratings like that does. If it had been on something like HBO it would've been cancelled after Woodbury more than likely.

i watched first episode and it was a bore

why do you europeans do this to yourselves? art shouldn't sacrifice entertainment

Are you retarded?
>Walking Dead is only successful now because Kirkman is playing games with AMC
What does this statement even mean? TWD has had insanely high ratings since s3

>West World
Only season 1. Season 2 is basically as if someone chewed up and swallowed season 1 only to throw it up into a pile of vomit on the floor. Season 3 will be just that same vomit dried up and forming a hardened crust.

They already cast a nigger for Lan, didn't they?

>here is my opinion
SUBSTANTIATE IT RETARD

wheel of time is utter american trash "literature"

Man in the High Kino

>this
I didn't even know the season wrapped up it was so dragged out.

No. NOOOOOOO

>when you realize you may just have to skip LOTR and WoT if they decide to do the ‘popular’ Hollywood move and pander to liberals with forced diversity
Anyway I’m on crossroads of twilight, but I only started the series in November so I think I’m making decent enough time

It has to be a show full of conniving, morally grey characters, femme fatales, and cast members randomly being killed off.
Whatever it is, I'm not aware of its existence yet

LOTR is a wildly successful franchise user

So is Pokemon and Detective Pikachu didn't do gangbusters. So is the mcu and none of their shows are as big as the walking dead.
Why would lord of the rings be different?

dwarfism actually doesn't affect ween length at all, so it can look rlly big, relative

>Anonymous 05/22/19(Wed)12:44:18 No.115350537▶
> (OP)
>One piece live action
this or that Madoka Live action

I'm exploring some eastern European series in the hope that they will put the actual show before liberal politik fart huffing, but alass, no luck yet, they are just as poz'd as us.

We might be stuck with rewatching old series. My current playlist of kino oldies:

>Danger UXB
>Upstairs Downstairs
>Inspector Morse
>Generation War
>Cheers
>Hornblower
>I Cladius
>Dad's Army

Watching one (1) episode per day from one (1) series selected at random, currently very satisfied with every series listed, probably will be for the immediate couple of years.

jeez, mad much?

>Something that Netflix puts out.

netflix is 100 garbage shows. none of them have hype besides stranger things and that's less and less each year.

aren't they adapting The Wheel of Time?

Yes. Could be the next big thing but people here don't want to jinks it

Attached: D64qoDKWsAA3qqy.jpg (1536x2048, 458K)

I’m on Crossroads of Twilight right now, is the shift to the new author jarring/does it result in lower quality story?

Tbh I’m sick of reading how the fucking trees look in winter / summer / winter

Yeah. Basically you are the the absolute lowest point of the series.

Knife of Dreams is a lot better and the Brandon Sanderson books are a lot more action packed.

Wait are they make a Y: The Last Man show?
If there is no SJW agenda this could be kino

The Expanse

> is the shift to the new author jarring/does it result in lower quality story?

I don't think so user, but some people feel he is too narrow coursed to Jordan's plan and writing style.
Personally, as someone who loved the series from beginning to end, I recommend surging forwards, the soul of the story is just as hot.

after the poor ending of game of thrones normies might stay away from overblown shows

I don't think so, but I hope to be corrected, the strongest aspects of the show were the weakest aspects of the books; languages/cultures changing over time, the mechanics of space combat, all based close enough to the present to be relatable. . .hence bloody interesting.

Things get more space-magic in the plot, I suspect the show will become yet another generic capeshit CGI series, I can't see how it won't to be honest.

i really liked American Gods season 1 but holly fucking shit is it trash now lmao

WoT is my favorite series ever, but it does NOT adapt to TV. It was a huge mistake to even consider trying, they will either have to butcher the story/setting to make it work for TV or stay faithful and bomb HARD.

The gathering storm is alright, Sanderson does a great job working from notes, ToM is ok-ish but has some staggering moments where you're totally taken out of the story to remember a different author wrote it.

I think AMoL was pretty shit, but honestly I think a lot of it was Jordan, I am seriously such a fucking huge fan of WoT but I think he has some problems bringing plot to a close and having satisfying plotlines. There's still a lot of moments where the shift of authors is clear though.

One way to describe it is I think Sanderson is a mroe cliche fantasy writer and Jordan kind of avoided that, so when you read a very cliche fantasy thing in the middle of it all it sticks out.

>That image
Jesus. The opium really did an number on the Changs didn't it.

From what I understand depictions like that have those features for good reasons
>fur because Europeans are hairier than Asians
>beak because Europeans tend to have more prominent noses
>breathing fire because Europeans smoke tobacco, a habit that hadn't yet become common among the Chinese
Obviously it's a very exaggerated drawing, but caricatures tend to be like that.

how do I into writing a fantasy series that as biggest tv series ever?

step by step guide?

Only Norf FC fans will appreciate this

Attached: peaky-blinders-horse-poster.jpg (500x750, 64K)

Good choice

here's a real answer: copy from Tolkien lmao or just copy from whatever it's popular and adapt it to fantasy, just copy
the bitch who wrote 50 Shades of Gray basically started writing it as Twilight fanfiction
if an untalented hack who writes fanfiction can make it, you can too, just write whatever people would like, stop caring about YOU like.
unironically, having jewish contacts can help

This, just take a popular story and change the names. There, your screenplay is now 90% finished.

first season was unironically kino though, interesting world / narrative and fairly balanced male vs female perspective. second season is where it immediately turned into 'men are evil' female torture porn because writers ran out of original source material.

The next GoT will be one of the prequel series. Literally nothing coming out, not even WoT, will ever be as globally popular as GoT was.

The correct answer is Wild Cards

You're a fucking idiot. People said the same thing when Breaking Bad ended. And then GoT blew up literally the next year