Budget: 150 million dollars

>Budget: 150 million dollars
>Box-Office gross after 2 weeks: 292 million dollars

AAAAAAARRRRRGHHHHHHHH SAVE ME, POKEMON GO!

Attached: detective-pikachu.jpg (1920x1080, 193K)

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbook.com/anime/2018/06/24/pokemon-franchise-revenue-anime-media/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_media_franchises
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>let's talk about jews and how much money they do or do not absorb

>it's another "movie is a flop if it doesn't make 2b" thread

oh no it only made 2x nooo NOOO noo
fuck off jew

OH NO NO NO 9GAG BROS WE NEED TO MAKE MORE PIKACHU MEMES

Its a difficult month

You have avengers endgame which had just opened as well as aladdin coming up and john wick 3 also secret life of pets will grab some of the younger viewers then lion king next month will probably dominate june along with toy story 4

2x IS a flop though, once you factor in the theater's cut and advertising.

Yeah and if you ignore tax cuts, merchandising and all the other fucking ways blockbusters earn money.

Pokemon merchandise does not sell in the west, its why it has changed companies so many times these past few years. It only works in Asia

Is that supposed to be bad? It already has a sequel planned, and I doubt a $400+ million box office is going to dissuade them from doing it.

>Pokemon merchandise does not sell in the west

[citation needed]

It will hit 300M today, also it still didnt opened in a lot of markets. The biggest issue with Detective Pikachu is there is no target: is too kiddy for adults and too adult/complex for kids. Also is a noir film, so is slow compared to what you expect from pokemon, plus it dont explain a lot about pokemon world so people not familiarized with the franchise will had a bad time to follow the story.

Do you realize pokemon franchise is by far the biggest franchise of all time? games are a small amount compared to merchaindise like toys, plushies, etc.

not when its been just 10 days

Remember how Yea Forums said this movie was going to finally land the death blow on Disney and make over a billion in a few days?

They also said that to alita and shazaam

Attached: D6i7qCuXoAMBQOT.jpg (720x480, 69K)

Hello Kitty is bigger, which is another thing that just like Pokemon was a fad but not a long term business in the west.

It's finally time to remove all non-Disney movies from cinema, finally as the biggest Disney fanboy ever I can enjoy life again

Why do you bunch of consumer whores care about the performance of movies so much? Before the internet I never had to care if the movie was a hit or a flop.

>a fad but not a long term business in the west.

Pokemon has been popular for nearly 30 years

What makes something not a fad?

Literally every movie except endgame is flopping this year. Normies only care about marvel now

Tomy had a whole range of product for western markets 2018 but cancelled it last minute. Also the fact that Mcdonalds dropped Pokemon and Burger King picked up the scraps.

Bluepilled retard

How good a movie is doesn't = box office

Every movie except endgame is flopping in comparison to endgame

The goalposts have moved

And godzilla will flop next week
>$200 million budget
>trackinf for $50 million opening
Gonna be a YIKES from me dawg. That movie won't make any profit

>but cancelled it last minute.

Why?

>Shazam, Alita & Pikachu combined: $1,059,286,537
>Captain Marvel: $1,126,396,245
OH NO NO NO NO LOOK AT THIS ONE LOOK AT HHHHHH-HHHHHHH-HHHHHHAAHAHAHAHAHA

>hello kitty is bigger
Kek, no!
comicbook.com/anime/2018/06/24/pokemon-franchise-revenue-anime-media/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_media_franchises

Not only Pokemon takes 10billon adventage over Hello Kitty, also is 20 years newer. Pokemon is far from a fad.

Maybe you would like to check the numbers lol.

Is an OK movie, it haves pacing issues, sometimes is clever and sometimes is really dumb. Is odd that the movie empathize a lot over japan influence where the videogame and even the anime have a more international approach.

Legendary is a chinese company, they don't go for the same revenue as WB would.

Expert run on lol