I never understood the "problem" of piracy. It isn't actual theft. I can't afford to buy this shit...

I never understood the "problem" of piracy. It isn't actual theft. I can't afford to buy this shit. I'd never actually buy it if I had the money.

How is that harming the film industry again?

Attached: 1519743483219.jpg (580x414, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gizmodo.com/the-eu-suppressed-a-300-page-study-that-found-piracy-do-1818629537
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CD_price_fixing
scottbarleyfilm.com/Store
nytimes.com/2000/05/11/business/5-music-companies-settle-federal-case-on-cd-price-fixing.html
marketwatch.com/story/10-richest-hollywood-movie-moguls-2015-02-12
youtube.com/watch?v=_pDTiFkXgEE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it isn't

>gizmodo.com/the-eu-suppressed-a-300-page-study-that-found-piracy-do-1818629537
>The report concluded that: “In general, the results do not show robust statistical evidence of displacement of sales by online copyright infringements. That does not necessarily mean that piracy has no effect but only that the statistical analysis does not prove with sufficient reliability that there is an effect.”

If you wouldn't have bought it anyways, it doesn't matter
If you would have bought it, but chose to pirate instead, you're jewing someone out of their money

Attached: 1558057898198.png (257x344, 4K)

>I'd never actually buy it if I had the money
The majority of consumers COULD afford to buy it if they had the money. If the majority are not buying it, the people who make films can't get paid, and therefore it harms the film industry. Your mistake is in assuming all the other consumers are like you.

Some piracy: doesn't matter
Lots of piracy: matters

Attached: 1526732449929.jpg (819x827, 68K)

My only problem with piracy is that it isn't actually hurting the film industry. Those fucking scumbags deserve to starve.

>If you wouldn't have bought it anyways, it doesn't matter
It does. You can always buy it if the impulse is enough and you save up at least a little. Those sales pile up
If you make excuses for pirating you're just a bitch. Own it and that's the end of that

I don't bother explaining it to normies anymore.

The less of them who pirate the longer I'll be able to do it for.
This but ironically

Because they're depriving the kikes of precious shekels.

>yet another utilitarian faggot tries his hand at ethics
Fuck you, faggot, you know damn well that it's a shitty thing to do. Not that I don't think you should pirate, but have the fucking balls to admit that what you are doing is wrong.

1000s of people work on these products, the costs have never really been about the media. I.e. duplicating the DVDs(which coats pennies) or whatever, sure when you steal a movie with a download you have not stolen a dvd, but you have not paid for the content, the cost of producing a modern show, which like I said takes 1000s of people.
Piracy is stealing. Deal with it. You can say it is fine to steal from rich movie studios if you want, but do not pretend it is not stealing.
Are you Asian? Asians seem to have trouble understanding this conscept
>gibmethatforfree
Literally gettho behavior desu.

Attached: 00B3CAD7-CEE5-49D7-B369-27F54E1C177C.gif (245x180, 336K)

an argument I've heard plenty of times when it came to music piracy was that people that pirated the music found artists they would have never of even heard of. A friend of mine collects vinyl like crazy, about half his collection is likely shit he torrented before hand.

>hurr durr muh ethics
Explain to me how the act of pirating is wrong.

>I don't bother explaining it to normies anymore.
>The less of them who pirate the longer I'll be able to do it for.
This, the power of piracy is best kept from the normies

Who do you steal from? What's wrong with getting stuff for free?
Seems to me like you don't know how to pirate and you're just butthurt about it desu

I couldnt give any less of a shit about hollywood jewbags

So pay for non Hollywood films?

>Goy has x amount of disposible income
>Goy spends this bi-weekly allowance of dispoable income on Y
>Goy never experiences Z
>Goy pirates Z
>Goy buys merchandise and sequels of Z in the future

But hollywood wants MORE of our bi-weekly allowances, so they campaign against piracy.

Attached: 1547429545579.png (415x441, 236K)

Piracy is not copying movies, it's boarding a ship, killing and/or enslaving/ raping its crew and taking all of its cargo. (((Hollywood))) decided to change the meaning of the word to make it seem bad. Did you know you can borrow DVDs from a public library? How is that different from borrowing movies from the internet?

>modern Yea Forums user base is stupid, poor and can’t afford things

Sounds right

Attached: C6090019-BDFB-4799-A601-F0F5F841B4B2.jpg (213x324, 14K)

You like a film. You just pirate it. It doesn't make money. Studios make less films like that and more films that do make money. Which films make more money? Capeshit. People pay less to see that so studios turn to chinese audiences. Now you have chinese pandered capeshit flicks dominating the entire industry. You probably complain about the state of the industry.
It's all your fault.

those people have already been paid in full, though
when you buy a copy of something you only pay their bosses who do fuck all

Hollywood is very progressive, and progressives see the capitalism as the most oppressive force, so paying for the movies is actually an insult to them. Educate yourself, be better, it's not that hard.

It's not stealing it's piracy. And it is a perfectly moral thing to do.

>those people have already been paid in full, though
But if the film doesn't make money they won't get paid again, so less films like that are made. And more capeshit is made because that pays..

All right. There is a difference between something being justifiable and something being moral. You can muh it all you want, it's true. Same fucking thing with Robin Hood or even the pirates that stole spanish gold. Is there anything wrong in taking your share of a gold that was stolen from the Incas? You are stealing from very shitty people, after all, and these people have no claim to those riches.
Turns out, yes and no. You are doing a service to others in one case, in the other, you are taking your fair share of a loot stolen from someone else. You are still a thief, though. I realize online piracy isn't theft, I am just talking about these examples btw. Just because you can rationalize doing something doesn't change the nature of the act. A dildo is still a dildo, doesn't matter if you're using it mark a page in a book. Torrenting might be a victimless vice, it is still a vice.
All in all, it's important to accept that people are forced to do shitty things in their lives, and that not every action can be made ethically good by virtue of didactic thinking.

>It's okay to board a train wihout buying a ticket because I wouldn't pay for it anyways

>literally you wouldn't steal a car
based brainlet

My library doesnt have endgame

It doesn't. There's NOTHING you can do to hurt a multi billion dollar corporation that most of the film studios are, and that's the sad reality of it.

I live in Toronto and I can tell you lots of people believe this.

Mostly blacks.

but boarding a train without a ticket isn't theft either

>he watches films from multi billion dollar corporations
YIKES
I
K
E
S

I have pirated since the 90s. Never paid a cent to Hollywood. I live in Germany and everything is dubbed here that's why I can't go to the cinema. I could wait a few months for Blu ray release to watch it in English but why bother. Pirating is the only way for me to watch. I will never pay 15 bucks in a theatre to watch an inferior version of a film I can download for free on the internet and watch comfy at home.

Attached: 9D74C3E1-0752-4AD6-9A1E-BD9303495C9F.png (225x225, 7K)

t.

Attached: 598268539023.png (300x168, 8K)

stop going to mall cinemas you dumb fuck and go to any legitimate arthouse cinema near you to watch actual films with no Hanz voicing over all the characters

That's like saying your ISP isnt cumcast or time warner, americuck. Look up just how consolidated the media is. 9 corps own 90% of it. And foreign films are distributed by them.

how do you cope with spoilers? or do you squint at cams and bad telecines?

>he thinks everywhere is like in america
gay

slit your wrists you pathetic pleb casual

Attached: SHHH.jpg (1620x2430, 1.12M)

> I will never pay 15 bucks in a theatre to watch an inferior version of a film I can download for free on the internet and watch comfy at home.
I disagree. I find some movies are only good if you watch them in theatre. IT for example.
I am every bit as autistic as all of you are about films and my friends dont like when I give my opinion on movies because of it, but I guess I've learned to just enjoy them as if they were a rollercoaster ride.
Besides $40 for a movie and popcorn isn't going to hurt me and having friends makes it more enjoyable, you should try and find some, hans.

Attached: 1543026582484.jpg (400x417, 107K)

How can you be a patron when you don't know what you're in for before going to see the movie? I don't want to give my bucks to some shitty student art tier project so they can make more.

Are you so dumb and ignorant to think there are no arthouse cinemas in Germany? There are like 15 of them just in Berlin as far as I'm aware. And they all screen in the original audio.

Theres no such thing here you autist
>I disagree
YOU LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW BAD DUBBED MOVIES ARE YOU FAGGOT

okay sure, pirate the film first and if you genuinely like it buy the bluray

>every german lives in Berlin

Attached: F43BE9B1-0FDF-4667-8EBE-412D1183D34E.png (416x435, 78K)

so where did you purchase this experimental short film then, cunt
do you expect me to believe you left the neet basement and went to a film festival?

And every single one of them is about refugees or Turkish immigrants

This argument doesn't work on anyone who pirated needlessly before. I've done it a ton of times. I could have easily paid money, but instead opted to pirate instead. So the producers of the product, lost my sale. I've done it, my friends have done it, my family has done it. Why would I assume that everyone else only pirates things they can't afford, or "wouldn't have bought anyway". That's objectively false.

So the debate shouldn't be whether piracy is theft or not. The debate should be how severe is piracy, compared to other forms of theft.

why would anyone buy the bluray when you can easily torrent a drm free 1:1 copy of the disc?

Oh wow.
I thought everyone in your cucked country has to learn ESL?
I bet they do showing of movies dubbed in Arabic as well.

Attached: hellhound.jpg (538x779, 64K)

Current Hollywood needs a restart

And if we're talking diversity hiring now then why is 99% of the industry one group

Without defending (((them))), the easier it is to pirate, the more likely it is that true potential customers wont 'buy' (license) the IP.

That said, fuck the MAAFIA, and fuck Jewlywood

piracy is a service problem
>oh you want to buy this 20 year old tv series? that will $300 please!
yea, no

your phobepost is showing, fellow redditbro

so how do you prove a lost sale when you have disposable dosh but pirate anyway because it's more convinient, you obviously didn't have enough interest to pay for it

>why am I at this corporate tribunal?? I defended you online!!!
Why are you so scared to speak the truth? What do they have on you?

remember that one of the bases of piracy was the
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CD_price_fixing
involving

Sony Music,
Warner Music,
Bertelsmann Music Group,
EMI Music,
Universal Music
Musicland,
Trans World Entertainment
Tower Records.

In restitution for price fixing they agreed to pay a $67.4 million fine and distribute $75.7 million in CDs to public and non-profit groups but admitted no wrongdoing.

Since they of course didn't do anything wrong ripping off buyers then piracy is certainly not wrong either.

Attached: images.png (192x263, 8K)

scottbarleyfilm.com/Store

Would you pirate a Shakespeare play if he were still alive, or would you give him some money so he can write more shit? I think the main problem is that people who make movies nowadays are:
-Filthy rich already
-Don't distribute the money gained accross all people who worked on the movie fairly (inb4 communism)
-Are shitty people
-Can't even be considered artists because they're running a business
Plus the whole "politically charged" art phenomenon. If cinema was a more dignified art there would be more arguments against pirating.

will i get caught pirating recent movies if i end the torrent the moment it finishes downloading?

You get caught by seeding, boomer-senpai. Turn it off and you're golden.

Just made the simplest of google searches. Pic related is Astor film lounge. You can go today and watch that Van Gogh film with Willem Dafoe and Breakfast at Tiffany’s

Attached: residenz-astor-film-lounge.jpg (550x414, 48K)

Piracy is just the free market at work.
>B-but muh theft.
Eat me, intellectual property is a monopoly, it is already athama to a free and functioning market. Pirating forces distributors to compete with something other than just buying out more monopolies than eachother.
>B-but it's still takeing from someone.
It's not my fault media can't price themselves competitively. Either spend on security to increase sales or lower direct pricing for alternative revenue. Your distribution platform is inferior, don't come crying to me cause your competitor is offering a better deal.
>B-but what if shows don't make money? Won't the medium die?
Shows are more likely to kill themselves by over dividing and makeing streaming just shity expensive cable. Most people don't want to be pirates, and there is a lot more cash in a show then just a subscription. Prices rise while wages remain slumped, it's only natural that greater and greater portions of the market be priced out. If the entire western video media enterprises can't adjust to the times and get competitive then it needs to die. So something less retarded can take its place.

that's actually a pretty based way to do things, buying directly from the d-
>11 bong pandas
oh fuck off

The German market is so huge it's worth for them to dub everything. Germany, Austria, Switzerland etc. That's why small countries like Netherlands and Sweden have all movies and shows in English with subtitles. Just no point in dubbing. It's just about the money and all the boomers who don't speak english need german dubs here.

What?

To support the maker of the film and get more films like that in the future?

use a VPN or seedbox if you live in the US or some parts of Europe(Germany, etc)

other than those parts of the world, you don't need to give shit about getting caught

>so how do you prove
By knowing myself, and my intentions. I was going to consume the media by any means necessary. I just decided that it was too convenient to pass up the opportunity to pirate it instead.

>you obviously didn't have enough interest to pay for it
No less interest than media I've paid for before. You're talking to someone who has bought video games straight off the shelf, without any, and I do mean ANY knowledge of what the game was prior to the purchase. I just looked at the front and back of the case and thought "This might be good". Paid full price too.

But if I knew how to pirate at the time, and it was convenient enough, I might have just noted the name, and then went home and pirated instead. It was 2005 though, and piracy wasn't an option for me then.

> I wasn't going to buy it anyway, but I'll download, play and enjoy it regardless

I like to pirate as much as the next man, but I don't do these mental gymnastics. I'm depriving them of a sale, money, so I might as well be stealing it. I don't care that I am. If I really enjoy it, I'll buy it when it goes on discount

nytimes.com/2000/05/11/business/5-music-companies-settle-federal-case-on-cd-price-fixing.html

>go to grocery store
>buy apple
>pirate apple tree from core

Attached: apple-core.jpg (770x606, 28K)

yeah there's no endgame capeshit I know it's weird

>sell apples back to store
Fuck my job I'm apple pirating

Exactly, it's a purchasing decision. The chance of getting caught divided by the cost of the fine. Frankly most train lines need to step up security cause they really are pricing themselves out.

>Eat me, intellectual property is a monopoly
What does that even mean? Also, the word you're looking for is "anathema", dumbass.
>It's not my fault media can't price themselves competitively.
I don't like the price. It's ok though, I'm still creating demand, but I won't pay for it. Textbook free market indeed.

>tfw the courts decided that an IP adress is not good enough to identify and charge someone so pirating is treated as being legal here
feels good man

I'll answer you after I'm done pirating your car.

Attached: car_thief1-Medium-520x400[1].jpg (520x400, 27K)

Oh, my bad, I'm not the same guy that you started the conversation with.

>$40 for a movie
marketwatch.com/story/10-richest-hollywood-movie-moguls-2015-02-12
>when you look at the list of the richest Hollywood movie moguls, there’s little doubt that’s true. Everyone on the list is a male film producer or director, and collectively they control more than $20 billion in personal wealth

are you gay user because you seem to enjoy getting fucked in the ass and paying for it

>I'd never actually buy it if I had the money.
They claim the opposite to push the agenda

So pay for non Hollywood films you like?

I'm Dutch and i'm glad we don't get dubs. I've read we have a higher % of English speakers than Canada so i don't think its needed anyway

stealing means the object in question is missed and cannot be applied to digital goods. Nice try

youtube.com/watch?v=_pDTiFkXgEE

>there are brainlets ITT who unironically think piracy hurts the creators
Hahahaha it hurts the kike managers and corporate CEOs as they pay creators according to contracts so creators get the same money regardless. And as for those kike faggots well they can burn in hell becausr they're not getting a single red cent from me.

>In the settlement, which levied no fines, the company's agreed not to do it agian.
Jesus Christ.

let's face it here, if you had all the money in the world you would be buying everything you like

you can pretend that you would still search and torrent 80GB files from russian sites everytime you want to watch a film while being rich, but we all know the truth

>go watch a dvd at your friend’s place
a OK
>go to your friend's place and copy a dvd to watch later
REEEE

I unironically would.
Fuck kikes and fuck corporate America.

Torrenting/streaming is literally equal/faster in terms of clicks needed than buying shit.

>according to contracts so creators get the same money regardless
But they won't get paid to do the next film because that film didn't make money. That's why studios turned to capeshit and chinese people, literally the only thing that pays.
>and as for those kike faggots well they can burn in hell becausr they're not getting a single red cent from me.
So pay for non Hollywood films?

>duplication of intellectual property is theft
I bet you think taxation isn't theft

Attached: 1379305088849.jpg (500x322, 55K)

>don't mind me, just pirating mr. miller's backyard

Attached: pirate.png (1208x800, 1.12M)

Based Hans

lad if you can duplicate my car without bothering me and leave it in perfect condition when you're done, you're free to do so

What if you are trying to sell your car on ebay

Your poorfag cope is leaking.
If you were rich you would buy 20 4K blurays of films you like at once and get them in the next days if not even tommorow, thinking that rich people would waste their time searching and downloading 70GB files one by one just to not spend pocket change is ridiculous.

The next film would have been a derivative cancerous sequel shit anyways so good riddance.

>why are all films shit nowadays?
says the pirate as he contributes $0 to the few films he thinks are good.

>boomers and Gen X pirate movies and TV shows all through the late 20th century, distribute the media to their friends and family
>this is done by literally everyone, any VCR can do it

>millenials pirate things with limewire and pirate bay
>less people do it because of the technical knowledge required to do it
>is deemed degenerate and scummy by Gen X and boomers because they're scared of anything on the internet that isn't social media

I'll keep pirating, thanks.

But you're making and selling cars user, and suddenly everyone around you is driving them and you still didn't make any money?

But piracy is literally faster than waiting a few days (unless you live in a third world shithole with 56k internet)

>muh intellectual property

If you only watch garbage Hollywood flicks, yes ofcourse. Stay pleb then.

>Some dumb fag thinks he's gonna tell me what I would do in a given situation
Ok, retard, keep spewing those words

So basically your argument against piracy is
>im entitled to your money

Fuck off

>YOU WOULDNT DOWNLOAD A CAR!!!!!!
Why are boomers so hilarious?

Attached: 96E52D8A-6004-4D74-A024-2DFF52BEDC82.jpg (788x685, 50K)

thats a very antisemitic picture.

Thata the fucking point moron only the hollyjews are whinging about muh piracy and literally nobody but them.

Go download 20 4K films right now and tell me when you're done.
And you're not a capeshit pleb ofcourse so you're downloading actual legitimate 4K films like Bram Stoker’s Dracula in UHD, not Endgame.

It is a monopoly user, it is a good only one entity can produce that is not equivalent to anything else. There is no store brand IP.
>I don't like the price. It's ok though, I'm still creating demand, but I won't pay for it. Textbook free market indeed.
But you are paying for it user. Did you see a banner add on the site? That's revenue. Are you pirating something with the risk of a virus? Also revenue. Your data is being sold regardless, agian revenue. Additionally you inadvertently help the bastards holding the IP by keeping a product in the cultural gestalt, which is free marketing to normies.
>You could still afford to buy it
Heres the thing. I could also afford to buy an apple for 100$ but an apple, even if that's the only price in town, isn't worth that much. Piracy brings freedom to a monopoly market, even if its under cut the price things should be at in a standard free market, it's still better than the alternative.

>But you're making and selling cars user
no im not
>What if you are trying to sell your car on ebay
provide incentive to make buying your car worth it to people who want to own cars

So if I steal the Mona Lisa from the Louvre and replace it with an exact replica I'm committing piracy?

>no im not
Yes you are, otherwise your comparison makes no sense.

If you have an exact replica why are you stealing it?

>His go-to example for peak cinema is Bram Stoker's fucking Dracula
Christ, you're embarrassing

>Gizmodo study
Dude, the music industry had to change the definition of gold, platinum, etc. because nobody buys music anymore.

Giving money to Holijew is immoral. The day of the rope we'll put buypigs against the wall.

Attached: Sonybro meme_NoSteam.png (442x584, 237K)

Resolution isn't a big factor in file size, it's all about bitrate and encoding quality. A UHD 4K blu-ray rip is approximately between 40-80GB, a 4K YIFI rip is 2GB.

If I had a chance to download a uncompressed 4K file as soon as possible I would. But first I have to wait for a release, then wait for UHD release, then either leave my home or order online and wait several days. And then still “illegally” rip the disk because I don’t want deal with physical media.
It’s just a huge lack of convenience that I’m protesting out of spite.

>provide incentive to make buying your car worth it to people who want to own cars
How do you incentivize a paid product to be appealing when you can get the same product for free without breaking the law?

this

I don't care about the film industry

I said legitimate film, not peak cinema. Nice headcanon goal posting moving poorfag.

Because it's not the original.

Bad analogy. A better one would be you painting an exact replica of Mona Lisa.

based

Attached: 69B6A42A-CAF3-4B14-9954-D8F82746C6E0.png (450x405, 115K)

So pay for non Hollywood films you like?

That...seems like a pretty selfish state of mind. I hope this is your shitposting alter ego speaking and you don't actually carry this way of thinking in real life.

ITT: asians vs kikes

I go to the movies I think will be good. I’ve been to the cinema three times over a course of two years and I’m glad that I’ve pirated the rest because they were worthless garbage.

Why do you care about it being the original?

>It is a monopoly user, it is a good only one entity can produce that is not equivalent to anything else.
This is starting to sound dangerously like a tirade against private property altogether. Or do you think as soon as I create something, it should be public domain?
>Are you pirating something with the risk of a virus? Also revenue.
No one is making money on it (well anti-virus software companies/ransomware creators are, but they're hardly relevant here). You are consuming a product, and someone completely unrelated to the cycle of production of said good is making money on it. That's not free market.
>Additionally you inadvertently help the bastards holding the IP by keeping a product in the cultural gestalt
Yeah, technically, but I mean. you're really pushing it

t. dumb tasteless pleb that isn't aware of anything but the big Hollywood products and is only able to consume the next marketed garbage slop

Do you even know how to argue without using buzzwords in every single one of your posts anymore?

>intellectual property is a monopoly
based retard.

well in the case of media that is pirated i would say it could be as easy as offering easily accessible physical copies that are aesthetic and pleasing or cool to behold that anyone who actually cares about your product would love to own

this of course requires your product is quality enough that it would be something someone cares about and would enjoy more than once and not just torrent and throw away, which is another win for the consumer

Same where I'm from, and I agree. Dubbing compromises the kino experience by removing an essential part of an actor's performance.

Usually the arguments for dubbing are retarded as well:

>I can't read subtitles and watch the movie at the same time.
You get used to it in a short time.

>It gives work to voice actors from my country
They can just work on projects in your language. If there aren't that many that's added incentive to create some and further your own culture.

>But the dubbed versions are better/funnier than the original.
Even if you feel this way, the dubbed version is just a bastardization of the original. Once more tou could just create content in your own language if there are specifities of the language you enjoy and would like to see on film.

>It's not sucking the Jews off so it's communism.
Retard. Look there are merits to IP laws, but current IP protections run for fucking ever because the house of mouse can buy Congress. Simple fact of the matter is nothing is going to become public domain if it was made after Walt started, they won't allow it.
>ransomware creators are
It is incredibly relevant. They pay for those false links and pop-ups, that's money the pirating site can make, bringing in revenue for them.
All a steaming site needs to do is offer the product at a price comparable to the risk money assesment pirates use.
>you're really pushing it
Kinda, but do you really think GoT would have gotten as big as it did without piracy? It's not worth an HBO license alone.

>Have ability to make x
>Only you can make x
>Because mouse you'll have this forever
>Literally a type of legal monopoly
Prove me fucking wrong

This is just a cartel, it’s literally what it means. These are the effects of unrestrained capitalism.

>make story with characters that all belong to you
>spend years doing this
>someone comes along and uses all of your characters, and stories to make money off your work

stop being a dumb nigger.

What if you record something on TV and then skip the commercials? Is that stealing too? I mean that`s how they make their money.

Not really since the TV network paid all the rights for the film to be played.

>It's not sucking the Jews off so it's communism.
Wow, nice backtracking there, mister private property is monopoly
>It is incredibly relevant. They pay for those false links and pop-ups, that's money the pirating site can make
Like I said, completely unrelated to the cycle of production. Did you think at any point that "Free Market" meant chaos just because it has the word "Free" in it?
>All a steaming site needs to do is offer the product at a price comparable to the risk money assesment pirates use.
Get the fuck out of here. People pirate because it's free, period. They are not ultrarational supercomputers that decide every single action through monetary risk assessment, if only because most of the time such an analysis is impossible to formulate. This is something you learn when you rise above microeconomics 101

If they can make it better and steal the highlight then they should be able to for the benefit of everyone.

What about restriction by territory? in that here in the UK you cant even get The Terror on Bluray...so have to resort to downloading it or importing. Studios force people to resort to Piracy just to watch a fucking show.

If you pay for everything you consume you are an actual cuck.
Pirate everything you can, support everything you want to.

But if the ads are not profitable they will not buy the license in the future and they will stop making films

Attached: piracy42423213.jpg (442x718, 71K)

Yeah I pirates endgame but I wasn’t going to pay for it if I didn’t.

I pay for many things I could pirate. Usually because it’s easier desu.

No, that TV network won't buy the licenses for films like that anymore. TV licenses are not even the secondary profit option for films, the box office is the only thing that truly matters.

Is pic related the best piracy kino?

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f.u3[1].jpg (550x490, 41K)

Such a retarded comic by someone who has very little understnding of the scope of the argument. Right for the absolute wrong reasons.

You're lying.

You missed the point by a mile. I wouldn't pay for a train ticket because I wouldn't ride the train anyway. Do you see the difference now?

But they will lose revenue regardless.
It’s quite literally this argument which you like to use against piracy.

They will.

I`m talking about tv shows and movies produced by the network itself.
If people don`t watch the commercials they won`t by the products, if people don`t buy the products companies are gonna pull the ads wich is gonna make networks lose money.
How is that any better than pirating?

If I boarded a train without a ticket, i'm taking up space that could otherwise be occupied by a paying customer. Now what, faggot?

All made for TV content is absolute garbage and deserves to go extinct.

>b-but muh next films
so the industry will shrink. who cares? it's already bloated anyway
hopefully that will result in less mass produced garbage and more kino that people will willingly pay for, given the choice to pirate it

>so the industry will shrink
Shrink to nothing but capeshit, yes.
>hopefully that will result in less mass produced garbage
How the hell would it result in that? That's literally the only thing that pays. Dumb zoomer teens and chinese people are the only people that pay for films today, and it just so happens that they only like dumb hollywood capeshit blockbusters and Annabele 6 tier horror flicks.

>if they make little money on a few things, they'll spend what they have on making the movies that typically make less.
You fucking moron, they'll just keep making more of whatever actually makes money. Kino will be OFF the menu because people already don't pay for it.

Attached: even_further_beyond.jpg (418x475, 25K)

Why pay for something that I can get freely two days, three days or one week after it's release? Fuck Jewood and fuck kikes.

>the cost of producing a modern show, which like I said takes 1000s of people.
Piracy doesn't hurt series or tv shows, that argument has been debunked several times. Also, companies itself share their shows for download on torrenting sites, you should know that before making any prepotent assumption.

>b-but only capeshit sells
it's also the number 1 most pirated so what's your point?
popular shit is popular whether you like them or not

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 239K)

>I can get freely two days, three days or one week after it's release
What? For most (actual) films you have to wait a few months for it be even get released on bluray.

Are you strictly watching direct-to-DVD garbage?

If the a movie exec is so worried of not being supported by paying customers, maybe he should make movies people want to support by paying.

There are three reasons I do it.

1- the movie is out of print. I’d probably be able to buy it, but the only physical copies are either vhs tapes or bootleg dvds. The people who worked on the production are clearly not getting money, only people exploiting demand from normies. Some of them don’t even touch up the quality first, so why should I not steal it myself if my only other options are to not have it, or have an inferior bootleg?

2- the studio doesn’t have a dvd copy, only stupid online options. This I perceive as a jackass move, and so I have 0 problems with being an asshole back. With music I can at least mess around with the audio files, but digital? Can’t do shit with that, it’s often locked to one service, some of them still have ads on it, etc. fuck that.

3 - it’s ancient and for a dvd copy they are charging way too much money for it. Generally, dvds I feel for things that came out 50 years ago should be under or at 10 and blu-rays should be 20. I am not about to pay 30 bucks for anything that came out 70 years ago that I know they didn’t do anything to restore it before slapping it on blu-ray. The people who worked on it are probably dead, and the only reason it isn’t in the public domain is the rat that is Disney keeps fucking with our copyright system. They (the studio) do not deserve any markup of that caliber. Especially if they are going to use sales data to see which property on their dartboard they should reboot shittily next.

Though recently Hollywood has made the decision not to buy anything new super easy. I buy used dvds, my local store gets some needed funds, and it has more variety than any big retail. And those lunatics at Hollywood don’t see a red cent of it. Good. If they could they would have people buy a renewable license to watch any movie.

Just because it isn't the same as one crime it doesn't make it OK.

>so what's your point?
The point is that it will only become even more popular while actual films and filmmakers go extinct one by one, as they already are. So pay for what you genuinely like if you want to see more of that in the future.

ITT cowardly retards try to justify gibs.
>[[[[[[[[[[[[[Joooooooooooooooos}}}}}}
>I wouldn't buy their trash I'm just interested enough to watch it
>nobody should be able to make money or own things because I'm a poorfag child

Attached: 1445294679276.jpg (743x760, 50K)

movies or videogame (((producers))) are the ones jewing us though, they literally make millions

>for most (actual) films you have to wait a few months for it be even get released on bluray.
That's not the case with Pirate Bay, kek.

Are you legitimately mentally retarded? Do you think encoders who upload to piratebay magically get and upload the bluray before it's even made?

If i knew producers were reliable, so whatever i buy is sure to meet at least the sufficiency, then i would buy. But why waste money when 99% of times im left with a "meh"?

>blockbuster movies are shit compared to 80/90's
>piracy causes lack of motivation to make good movies

So pay for non multi million dollar corporate slop?

I don't support the abuse of the developers and therefore I don't support the entertainment industry with my money.My conscience is clear.

Fuck you, kike.

the shittier the movie the more they make tho
it really seems like abusing cgi and making a lots of explosions pays off much more than actually trying to make a complex story so why waste time and money

nope, I won't be the one to support that kind of imbalance because in the end the big jew fish is the only one winning

really though if money is the filmmakers main interest it's never going to be kino

i mean, it's business for them, i dont really condemn them or anything
if they incidentally make something great it's always better i guess, but if you know a certain trick always grants you money why worry about that
supposing you are not an idealist

Apply the same logic to sneaking into a theater or concert or any other live performance. You weren't going to pay for it but you still want to experience/watch it. If you sneak in to a venue to watch a performance you're not ''stealing'' anything but since the artist chooses to charge money then that is their right. You don't HAVE to watch it, you don't HAVE to pay for it, but if you want to experience it and if they charge money for it then you must pay. Doesn't matter if you had no intention of ever paying to see it, if you choose to sneak in or download without paying then you're guilty of a crime. No amount of mental gymnastics can refute this. Just admit you're no different than a common thieving nigger.

>I wouldn't have bought it anyways LOL

That's not how economics work. Digital media is unique in that an illicit free version exists at any given time, throwing a wrench into the equation. Creators are in a constant battle for convenience. It's like if someone gave you a stolen car, and you just wrote it off because "you weren't going to buy a car anyway". If piracy did not exist, you absolutely would spend money on digital media. Those funds would be allocated in some way. Maybe you'd spend less on treats at the gas station, and buy a copy of Fast 5 Fast Furious instead. But I really shouldn't have to explain this shit because it's basic money 101.

Attached: wojak46.jpg (236x253, 11K)

Spoken like a true zoomer who thinks he knows how the world works.

No one is hurt when you sneak into a theater or a concert.

Then if you "pirate" a movie, why is the fine worse than an actual bad crime?

there is no problem. itll result in a restructuring of how media creators finance themselves at best, or the end of media at worst.

For a bunch of people who complain about blacks and Mexicans and Chinese they sure do act the same. I hope you huwhite kangz of da west get your ethnostate just so I can see how you blame das juuuuz for piracy then.

Attached: 1512478058183.jpg (583x438, 49K)

Wouldn't be theft anyway but in your case
>increase fuel usage due to being overweight +baggage
>take up one (or two) seats
>use toilet that someone has to clean
>flush down your explosive diarrhea with liters of water
>(potentially) wash your hands with even more water
>ball sweat ingrains itself into the seats
>wear and tear due to seats not being accustomed to such weights
>raise temperature and worsen air quality in the wagon requiring more AC

I pirate capeshit and delete it just to dab on mousetrannies

Based and yellowandblackpilled

then by extension, corporations should be allowed to buy everything up, and choke out the competition... oh wait.

I don't think that's fair. For "bad" crimes you go to prison which is worse than a fine.

>t. Isaac Scholomoberg

My wallet my choice shlomo

>"you didn't make that"
Uh, yeah I did. It's called Ctrl+V.

There's a difference between piracy and plagiarism

Because you're getting content for free that people paid a lot of money to make and expected to recoup money to pay for costs. All you faggots say "but I would pirate it first to see if I like and then I'd buy it". Fuck off you would never buy something after pirating, why bother, you just make up that shit line and I guarantee no one ever actually buys it. Zoomers expect everything free these days. Just admit it's theft and go about your days. Don't try justify it.

>government interference is unrestrained capitalism
This. These restraints on the market just prove we need much more government power over private property and we need to enact more regulations because they always help the little guy. We just need a more empowered governmnet all around to stamp out all this corruption that's caused by elected officials not having enough power

>How is that harming the film industry again?

It's not. They're making money hand-over-fist.

If piracy is "theft," it's like stealing a nickel from Bill Gates. Technically it's illegal, but that rich SOB won't even notice it.

Attached: peace.jpg (479x700, 222K)

Yeah free markets akways causw monopolies

I stopped pirating movies when they became unwatchable trash.
Hollywood's current lack of talent is the best defense against piracy.

Isn't the movie industry just Chinese money laundering? Piracy has 0 effect on how people who make movies get paid (but it does effect how 'well' the movie does)

>be poor eastern european
>have over a hundred of copied vhs tapes at home
>dvd becomes popular
>get the newest dvds from local video rental for less than 1/10th of the cost
>rip them and burn them on dirt cheap dvds I got from the local chinese dealers
>trade them among other enthusiasts in the city
>internet becomes popular
>pirate films at work
>internet becomes affordable
>pirate everything at home since
>lived to see the age where piracy is ridiculously more convenient than buying shit
I've pirated more than the price of my home already, and will pirate at least just as much in my remaining life. Fuck your overpriced trash. Even if you sold them a buck a piece now, I wouldn't buy them. Fuck all of you jews and especially fuck Hollywood.

Attached: 1547387914053.png (247x204, 10K)

You steal in the way that you disrupt any potential profit a person holding a certain IP can have. In this sense, I'd say the blame lies a lot more with people distributing illegal copies of something, but that doesn't mean consumers don't have any blame either.
I'd say there is an argument to be made that it is economically logical to pirate, however that doesn't mean you can argue for it being ethical.
>inb4 lol but hollywood sucks and make bad movies so I'm entitled to downloading them for free
that's not part of the discussion, faggot.

This is the reality of markets. Art is always undersupplied.

The price of movies is clearly too high. Also, due to different conglomerates getting on the exclusives train, there's no strong argument for streaming vis a vis piracy anymore, because the market is so scattered now.

The only approved way to keep good art alive is by (heavily) subsidising it.

they unironically do. the "capitalism is flawless" and the "capitalism should be nuked" groups are the biggest retard jabronis to walk earth.

>implying creators are the cause of copyright cancer

Having copyright beyond 5-7 years (non-extendable) is retarded. Being rewarded for your work isn't. That said, we would all be better off if there were more incentives to work together rather than compete, which creates incentives against innovation.

so, this isn't true
1) i don't necessarily feel like driving out to the multiplex to see a movie at 1 am in the morning when i've woken up and want to see some crazy shit in a movie format (Hellboy remake - what a POS)
2) some movies aren't in theatres for weeks but they come out first in cam versions - i don't care about picture quality for most movies i just want to see if the dialogue and plotting are any good (Brightburn)
3) just because i have the money doesn't mean im going to give it to movie makers who make a shit movie (Avengers Endgame)
4) i will go to see certain movies, usually IMAX, or independent movies if ive seen the beginning and they look good (BR2049, Captain Fantastic)

no more sitting around in a theatre watching garbage or standing in line waiting or making my gf get exposed to some schlock that's just meant to be a money grab

Attached: 1IdxDj183sZUZ12m8jKgfCg-1024x683.jpg (1024x683, 196K)

>DUDE IT ISNT THE SAME AS STEALING A PHYSICAL OBJECT SO ITS 100% NOT THEFT AT ALL
WRONG. You do not deserve something simply because you and the thing you pirate both exist. It is not yours. You don’t simply get to have it because you exist.

I know a guy who's pirated everything since the early 80s and has binders full of CDs containing copies of downright ancient computer programs and video games. The only things I've heard him lament is that he's had to spend countless hours moving all that content from floppies to more modern storage media.

I do though?

The thing is, the ones that NEVER buy anything ever are either a tiny tiny minority or literally too poor to spend money on digital media.

Most people who pirate also buy products, in fact, there's been a direct collaboration between the more someone pirates, the more they also spend on their hobby. I.E, the guy who obsessively pirates every movie that comes out is also more likely to spend money on his movie collection than the normalfag who only visits the cinema once a month to watch the new blockbuster.

nah. as someone that's entering the video game industry, i already have copyrights. i KNOW i'm going to be ripped off immediately, and i plan on bodying anyone that even thinks about it right out of the gate.

Wrong

I just hate jews

Attached: ugyuugug.jpg (968x681, 59K)

You don't simply get to have my money just because your (awful garbage) product exists.

that's undertsandable, personally I admire them

So you usually walk for 48 hours straight when you're going somewhere instead of using the train?

>the people who make films can't get paid
The people who make films have already been paid by the time the product goes to distribution.

but they won't get paid in the future or will work on films with lower quality productions or will get paid less.

Money doesn't grow on trees.

>Taking the moral high ground on pirating
What the fuck is going on? Is everyone in this thread retarded/underage or technically inept?
If you actually buy blurays and pay for streaming services you must be some kind of idiot normalfag. Its simply not worth paying, when you dont have to especially if its some shitty old obscure movie or show.

I guess most of you that are against it live in cucked countries and therefore are mad at pirates because you cant priate or setup a vpn

Attached: 1544486808874.gif (160x160, 811K)

Wow, did you copy the bytes one by one?

such a brazen display of clinical anti-social behavior always alienates me, it feels like i'm talking to someone who might bother killing someone for personal gain.

Assuming you're not shit posting

Look. I pirate. But i dont delude myself into thinking im not stealing. Moronic zoomers like you think the concept of virtual goods renders obsolete all the laws surrounding theft. It doesnt. There is a product, it is worth X if you obtain the product without paying X you are stealing. End of story, no amount of moral relativism and floundering will change that.

>id never be able to afford a lamborghini so me taking one is okay (its not like they lost my sale)

>>Goy buys merchandise and sequels of Z in the future

Yeah, i believe you user, why don't you tell me micro aggressions are real while you're at it.

Attached: jjj_laugh.png (350x338, 131K)

Having files on a PC is so much more convenient than DVD/Blu-ray or even streaming

Well I got news for you, most people ITT "taking the moral high ground" probably pirate just as much as you, difference is they realize they are doing something wrong, and with that honesty in mind, decide to go on doing it. It's just frustrating to see shitstains like you unable to act like adults and try to paint themselves as some sort of freedom fighter or viral marketer whose actions are entirely good. It's not about high ground, it's about honesty and having a sense of responsibility.

I actually buy most of the media. When I pirate it’s for something I would’ve bought but it’s unavailable to purchase like obscure foreign films or a Japanese Blu-Ray rip with fan subs.

I'm poor and the amount of media I wish to consume is far above what I can afford. Paid streaming sites have shitty selections and physical media is overpriced

I don't fucking care it's free and I can get it with 0 consequence

based

only correct response

>Berlin
You do sound like an obnoxious faggot so it checks out

>That...seems
Go back to r*ddit cuck

Holy shit. Your parents did a good job raising (brainwashing) you. Get back to your job wagie. And your bible. Pay your taxes and live your meaningless life.

Honestly, if you feel the need to champion the causes of the hollywood movie industry, without working there, you're a cuck with really dumb priorities.

You actually care that some people don't pay to see every fucking movie they see? Get the fuck out of here.

>pretending to give two shits about the film industry
wow, look at this guy, he's such a humanist

If you can't afford to pay for entertainment you're probably a failure at life in general.

It definitively isn't theft in the normal sense, ie; stealing someone's bike.

it does however harm the creator financially because he doesn't get the revenue he should have if you acquired the material in the legal way designed to benefit both parties: you pay for a service that he provided.

piracy is basically shagging the whore and bolting after, not paying her.

if everyone chose to pirate a game, the developer would not be able to sustain that line of work and would have to do something else, thus resulting in no games.

piracy is not theft, but it is also not not theft.
you refuse paying for a service that was provided to you, that would have cost money should you have gone the legal(and in my opinion, the moral) route.

that said, i do pirate most of my media.

People who pirate are basically worthless leeching niggers that's all I know. If you pirate you are statistically low iq and non white

Attached: 1446920710658.jpg (549x549, 62K)

eh, they're not any worse than people finding self-worth in the act of spending money

In both cases you're taking a product without financially compensating the creators of the product. I think it would be funny if the FBI went and arrested a bunch of you pirating NEETs.

>Leeching niggers contributing nothing
vs
>Normal people who function in society
The first is worse

>Piracy is stealing

no, it's not, because nothing is taken from anyone

>b-but muh potential profits

I have torrented and watched most Marvel movies, but I have never, would never and will never pay a single cent to see it in the cinema. If all torrents were annihilated tomorrow - well, I would just never watch another marvel flick again.

How much money have I "stolen" from the Marvel studios, given that they made zero money on me - and they would still make zero if torrents never existed?

You can still claim that piracy is wrong, but calling it "stealing" simply means you are a brainlet.

no dumbass - you don't have to pay
do you get it now?

You niggers know that even though US law differentiates between theft and copyright infringement, they're both felonies with similar penalties. As soon as you've "made fun copies of" $1,000 worth of stuff you're in felony territory. Same as if you steal $1,000 worth of stuff.

>Leeching niggers who contribute nothing (to the film industry)
Not your problem, doesn't affect you, I'd say
>Normal people who, because they spend money, think they're better than anyone else and are obnoxious fags about it
From where you're sitting, it is worse for both you and me.

Society is hurt as we have yet another nigger who can't figure out how to afford a $20 movie ticket.

>gibsmedat
Are you a commie or a nigger?

Plenty of people who just will call a crime a crime. Just pay for your shit. I think I am better than criminals, yes.

your notion of right and wrong - not mine; i.e., mind your own business
your "god of Abraham" - no god of mine; try to comprehend that no everyone believes the bullshit that you do
your personal definitions of theft, not mine; an "artist" who makes $22,030.40 less than the $967,450.23 he already made might miss things but he is "harmed" (you jew)
go suck on his lawyers cock you idiot, and support his charges for services in excess of what i deem are appropriate

test

>society is hurt because hollywood jews have less money to spend on child prostitutes
maybe you should help people prep the bull

This my crime is justified because I don't consider its a crime, also the jews are holding us down man, they owe us

Racism is also a crime by that definition, buddy

Attached: 1478283996949.jpg (266x286, 20K)

Strawman: the comic

ITT: People who don't think we live in a society

if you're rich, you'd have like a 1gbps connection

We don't, there are posters from multiple distinct societies ITT

But it's not?

Cringey post
>Non sequitur bringing God into the picture
>REEEE stop calling me a criminal I don't feel like one.
The state pays the prosecuting attorneys, ratting on pirates is free of charge. The film industry involves more than just fabulously rich actors and jewey producers. There is piracy in more than just films and video games, the laws exist to protect more small time producers of copyrightable products too.

plays are live films are not

i'd pay for a play

If you live in a place where a man with a badge can come to your door and put you in a cage, you live in a society.

I only buy films that I genuinely enjoy, like West Anderson stop motion flicks, those puppets have very charming designs

What a slippery slope!

severely fucking underrated
keep up the good work, nigger!

>You don’t simply get to have it because you exist.
You're right. I have to find a link and download it first.

imagine being such a first world basedboy to worry about the ethics of piracy.

I agree that pirating is ethically wrong, but you’re not a terrible person for taking advantage of something that is available to you. Also, it’s growing in popularity substantially, so democracy could kick in here.

Yeah, it is, be it from a legal standpoint (even though it's a grey area) or a moral standpoint (enjoying intellectual property that you didn't acquire legally). Of course you're just an edgy cunt that wants a pat on the back on top of getting your torrents, so you don't present any actually argument to the table, besides your faggy twitter uptalk. Most pirates do so openly because they don't give a fuck and because they can't get caught, and that's infinitely more honest than what you are doing. No one gives a shit about you pirating except the few moralfags in these threads whining about "muh industry", stop being so insecure and trying to justify your actions.

Piracy isny theft. By law its copyright infringement. Youre sued for damages not loss profits.
Idiot.

Not for torrenting, they can not.

>society
>the vast majority of all profitable ips are in the hands of a few hundred people

How much damage would downloading 1 film do, does the defendant get charged per kb uploaded or some shit?

>buy 20 4K blurays of films
I hate physical media, and the act of handling/inserting/ejecting disks is retarded in this day and age.
Checkmate, dipshit.

IPs in Clapistan only need defense upon projected 10k in damages just to defend your ownership of it.
The rest is strong arming internet service providers.

It use to be a service problem before I could subscribe my seedbox to an rss feed by genre, translators, region etc. Now its easier to just pirate literally everything.

>mister private property is monopoly
If you legally own literally all of something that is permitted to exist, you have a monopoly jew lover.
>Like I said, completely unrelated to the cycle of production. Did you think at any point that "Free Market" meant chaos just because it has the word "Free" in it?
You yourself seem not to understand the word. Free is free to sell and trade for a specific kind of product, if a good is unregulated it is traded in a free market. Monopolies are not free markets, and because IP's are not equivalents each acts as its own monopoly. Legal streaming services purchase the right to distribute an IP from its producers, as part of an agreement with a larger enforcement cartel that enforce their new monopoly in exchange for a small dividend. Illegal sites engage in corporate espionage to break this monopoly, trading the cost to purchase with the cost of dealing with the enforcement group.
They then sell their product for less than the legal site does, undercutting the market towards the ideal supply and demand point.
>People pirate because it's free, period. They are not ultrarational supercomputers that decide every single action through monetary risk assessment, if only because most of the time such an analysis is impossible to formulate.
You're absolutely right user, you fucking idiot. That's why people don't all pirate. Convince, brand loyalty, moral marketing ie "muh car", accessibility, and social status all factor in to why people do or don't pirate. However it is undisputable that if illegal streaming sites had all that they would take the market share of customers. Pirate sites offer a cheeper less accessable way to watch stuff compaired to the more reliable, prestigious, and supposedly better quality of legal sources. That sound like a free market targeting different demographics if I ever heard of one.

Did you purchase that image of a cute anime girl, user?

Its easier to pirate than track down where to buy what I want

Look I know you're going to get hung up on the "free" vs payed product thing, ignoring that nothing is truly free if we factor in externalities to the personal purchase, but just think about this.
Data goods are already way outside conventional economics cause they break the supply demand curve. All electronic goods by themselves can be copied infinitely, meaning they have limitless supply at all times. We are dealing with unconventional markets, and must treat them as such. If pirating sites truly could supplanted the market by undercutting price, they already would have, and wouldn't be in competition with eachother.

For me, it's just another formative force of the free market. It forces companies to either innovate and develop new anti-piracy measures or to produce products of such high quality that people would rather buy them than simply pirate.
The sad thing is that I haven't subscribed to a single streaming service or bought a video game except CS:GO and Battlefield V in the last 10 years.

Proof though

Easy explanation for idiots:

>you work and get paid
>you work and don't get paid

What is the problem with mowing a lawn and not getting paid compared to getting paid?

"Removing the original" is a fallacy. When a plumber works for you, nothing is removed either, except that plumber's time, that's why he gets paid. Time and effort. If you pirate a movie, the money that would have gone into a ticket or a DVD remains firmly in your pocket.

Do you understand?

I'm not telling not to pirate, I do it constantly, but don't think like a moron.

Anti piracy measures are always broken and poorly implemented garbage that actual customers get stuck with.

you guys arguing about the morality of it are trying to alleviate guilt but who cares? they have a godly amount of money, more than i could ever hope to achieve in 10 lifetimes. i dont feel guilty about it one bit.

>How is that harming the film industry again?
Easy: now only movies that have a major reason to be seen in a theater sell tickets: super hero movies, big budget movies.

Movies you can watch home just fine no longer sell, and thus, are no longer made.

Consider all the 90's thrillers that aren't made today. Consider the actually good romantic movies of that same decade. Those movies aren't made nowadays, because people won't buy a ticket to see that in a theater.

based liar

Wrong. Its very cut and dry in legal terms why "piracy" is against the law, none of your low IQ analogy appears in any law books.

brb downloading star wars and capeshit untill disney goes out of business

Buying a digital copy of something isnt a service you fucking retard.

Only paypigs argue the morality of their serfdom to international copyright rackets.

I didn't make it accessible to low enough an IQ for you, obviously. This isn't a legal discussion, champ, this is about whether or not piracy is theft, and it is, that's all.

Such moralfaggotry. Have the decency to admit being a thief when you steal someone's work without permission.

>muh law books

Last resort of a true idiot. "It's legal!" Nobody said otherwise, moron. It's legal in my country: I can download whatever the fuck I want. That's neither here nor there. You can shitpost all day, too, that doesn't mean you should.

I wish you autists would fuck off back where you found a link to here and never come back.

>Buying a digital copy of something isnt a service you fucking retard.
Assuming I said it was isn't very smart, you moron. Way to miss the point.

Autistic AND stupid. No wonder you're here all day. Have sex.

>work on films with lower quality productions or will get paid less
I'm not seeing a downside here

>this isnt a legal discussion
Good because piracy legally isnt theft.
>moralfaggotry
>hur dur youre immoral
Suck my fat cock paypig nigger.

I thought God wasn't real and that morality was subjective, what are those ethics that you're talking about?

Attached: 1557478064322.jpg (1200x800, 99K)

>If you legally own literally all of something that is permitted to exist, you have a monopoly jew lover.
Who in your feeble mind "owns everything"? Do you even know how intellectual property works? Or do you think Hollywood, the Cinemas of France, Italy, Spain.. are one company?
>You yourself seem not to understand the word
What the fuck kind of tirade are you going on about corporate espionage, all of a sudden, you fucking spaz? Illegal streaming sites engaging in corporate espionage? Are you living in fantasy world, or something? It doesn't matter how many technical terms you are going to throw at the wall, user, your whole point still sounds like something a retarded dilettante would say.
>Pirate sites offer a cheeper less accessable way to watch stuff compaired to the more reliable, prestigious, and supposedly better quality of legal sources. That sound like a free market targeting different demographics if I ever heard of one.
That sounds like someone making the point that intellectual property is a form of monopoly, and that Robin Hooding the shit out of it into the public domain is the epitome of free market. The basis for Adam Smith's work was that you were able to dispose of your private property as you pleased, this is the paradigm on which the invisible hand is built. But for you, it doesn't matter that SolarMovies can make money by streaming GoT, this will still somehow yield an optimum for both the producer of the series and the consumer. This sounds like some weird reinterpretation of the Wealth of Nations by Proudhon, or something. Just admit that you are a crypto communist and move on with your life.

A plumber coming to your house a cleaning your hotpocket shit spew is a service.
Buying a digital product isnt a service.
Low effort.

I'm making my own train though and not depriving you of anything, with your blueprints that are publicly accessible. Your analogy fails

>Thinking you can just pinpoint the political views of three random people on an anonymous image forum and have your "gotcha" moment out of it
What a dud that was, eh?

Don't tell me about ethics when you tell me they're subjective, boy
It ain't a gotcha moment, it's an honest truth

Ancaps are delusional retarded faggots who can't distinguish freedom from fairness.

>free market = free uncapped competition, catatalog and access. Who ever can sell what ever how ever to who ever
>this is good for the customer as he can pick the best deals
>more likely than not the best deals come from the best dealers
> the best dealers figure out how to outgrow every competitor because they genuinely are the best
>best dealer become efficient and drop costs in production
>best dealer realizes that ancap ideals are restricting it his access wealth
>uses perfectly legal psyops services and techs to control customers
>black market = true amoral free market where peple are free to destroy the freedom of others
>ancap philosophy equals = cucked morality of enforced freedom for everyone market

Attached: za hando.gif (486x750, 584K)

The thing is you probably couldn't ever afford a lamborghini. Almost anyone could afford to go see the latest marvel schlock or buy it on blue-ray, but many people aren't interested enough to do it. But if they can get it free they do because why not

Pinpoint the post/thread where I said anything about ethics being subjective, dog. I am sure your two weeks on /pol/ have given you enough analytical acumen to paint a picture of everything I have posted on this website, you fucking tourist.

This isn't about you specifically, this is about the normies in general who use arguments like these and expect anyone to to give a shit. Using ethics and
morals as an argument in 2019 is outdated as fuck

That’s nice, but people who CAN afford it don’t buy it either and once everyone does that then it’s goodbye music,tv,art,movies.websites, etc. Basically everything that exists in the digital realm is replaced either by amateur hacks or advertised controls the artistic process completely. So fuck off and pirate what you want but karma will get you in the end.

I wish this was true and not moralfagging knee jerk outcry

Wtf, in my region tickects cost like 15 $ and i think its too much. I understand piracy can be seen as steeling by so many anons here, but man, you have to admit the price of the medium is too high. I will never pay 20 dollars for a movie, cant imagine being cucked to the point of coughing up 40 dollars to go to the cinema..

>work on films with lower quality productions
>not seeing a downside here
>will get paid less
not seeing a downside here

So you hate people who make good films, amazing.

Attached: 100 hr week crunch.png (980x540, 2.02M)

>piracyissteelingfags seething
It's amazing how someone having something for free triggers the jews and the good goyim

this but unironically

Friendly reminder that Jesus was a pirate and that's why jews killed him

Attached: wwjd.jpg (335x500, 27K)

You could remove the kikes from there and the normalfags would mimic them in return, we are all the sons of Yahweh now!

Attached: 1515111054436.png (594x493, 488K)

Christians hate jews because they are jews