Nothing will ever come close to it again will it?

Nothing will ever come close to it again will it?

Attached: samwise6.jpg (357x256, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

originaltrilogy.com/topic/44rh1ns-The-Fellowship-of-the-Ring-Extended-Edition-Color-Restoration/id/61952
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Going to heaven is literally just sitting on a couch, continuously having your memory wiped and watching these movies over and over again

>trying to glorify a subpar generic run-of-mill Good v Evil franchise with a few passable visuals and a grossly overhyped plotline
Tolkietards are even worse than GOT shills. Altleast GOT 1-4 was somewhat entertaining compared to the snoozefest that is the LOTR trilogy

Attached: 1551325486636m.jpg (1024x1009, 73K)

Is there a more comfy movie than fellowship? It's my go to if I just want to spend a lazy afternoon eating pizz and watching a kino

Attached: 1557578188372.png (785x847, 345K)

It was overrated garbage. I remind you of reddit meme bullshit like "keep it secret, keep it safe", and the screamer scene with Bilbo.

It's a 7/10, deal with it. OK, it was original to do fantasy so grandiose and modern but that's it.

t. GOTurd

Dumb fropgsospter

Yes, nothing will ever come close to a mediocre trilogy of shitty fantasy films full of terrible action and annoying melodrama, you basedguzzling faggot

Do you sometimes wonder if maybe you are not doing the best you could?

Overrated. 1999 had much better movies.

Check out that year, the whole top 20 of the year is pure kinography.

>be me, like 10 years old on a random Sunday
>shit interests like sports
>mom brings home these movies one day
>"thought you might like these user"
>get absolutely whisked away for 10 hours as I marathon all three of them
>literally a life changing moment
>wander this earth waiting for something else to come along and make me feel the same
>slowly realizing that nothing ever will

Attached: wojak2.jpg (750x1000, 83K)

>calling LotR overrated

must be pretty cool being the badass middle school contrarian

>keep it secret, keep it safe
>a good line takes the fall because it catches on and becomes well known

you shall not pass, cuck

Whilst personally I think GoT S1-3 is superior LotR actually brings everything to a satisfying arc with a main battle sequence which can’t be rivalled and doesn’t rely on being so fucking dark.

The way they managed the GoT ending would be like if LotR ended with the Shire fighting Saruman subplot like in the books

It was literally boring. "FLY YOU FOOLS!" Fuck off. I was bored the first time I heard it.

Deal with it. Lotr is a 7/10 that has a lot of nostalgia value if you were a kid then.

Got is good drama but ultimately nihilistic and meaningless, and hollow because of it

The sense of adventure was stronger than any other film, book, or videogame I've seen.

>I was bored watching LotR
>Deal with it deal with it deal with it

you are such an absolute brainlet

You are stupid if you don't recognize the superiority of 1999 over lotr almost-capeshit-tier. OK, it was fun because it was original to be so grandiose and modern for the time, but if it were released today it would be literally no much better than Hobbit.

The very fact Hobbit was hated by the same people is ridiculous. It only shows they weren't kids anymore and they were mature enough to see the silliness of calling 10/10 an almost-capeshit-tier fantasy story.

>muh grimdark

Attached: gandlaugh.jpg (897x960, 150K)

whatever, keep living in your nostalgia kiddo.

you are the same type of superbrainlet that is being served the exact same movie in the form of Hobbit and just because you aren't a child anymore you realize it's shit but you don't see the same quality on lotr.

>Nothing will ever come close to it again will it?
Nope. Nothing will ever come close to Game of Thrones.

Even LOTR characters are mourning the end. LOTR fans BTFO'd.

>The very fact Hobbit was hated by the same people is ridiculous. It only shows they weren't kids anymore and they were mature enough to see the silliness of calling 10/10 an almost-capeshit-tier fantasy story.

Holy shit if you actually can't recognize the difference in quality, you are basically a walking vegetable

fellowship is great, towers ok and return is shit

You are stupid. It's only your childhood nostalgia that sees a 10/10 on lotr and a 6/10 on Hobbit.

I was mature enough on both. The lotr series was a 8+ and hobbit a 7+.

this board is going further downhill than I ever could have imagined

The GoTfags need purged immediately

These LOTR threads are a good measure of the redditification of Yea Forums. LOTR is basically a reddit bible and I remeber cringing at all those cancer bottom text memes being spammed to shit by normies. Best to just ignore any retard that starts frothing at the mouth at even the slightest criticism of their retarded movies and let them drown in their own echo chamber

movies made before 9/11 were objectively better than what has come afterwards. 9/11 led the to the rise of sjw, feminism, diversity and Trump

You were mature enough while also just having shit taste. You can't just retreat to "i-it was just your nostalgia" as your argument for everything you don't like you literal fucking retard. I have nostalgia for the Star Wars prequels which I liked as a kid and I definitely realize are shit and that I hate them now.

I liked it, 7 or 8 isn't a bad rating. I'm saying it's stupid to deify lotr and shit on hobbit when on is a 7+ and the other either the same or slightly worse.

It's pretty obvious most of you that think of shit like that were kids and now have nostalgia.

Holy FUCK this thread is filled with fucking CHILDREN with no fucking taste and sense of what is great entertainment. I feel bad for you, you stupid joyless zoomer pseuds

Attached: 023CA700-B860-4443-9A48-4D05829D2180.jpg (1624x1072, 240K)

>These LOTR threads are a good measure of the redditification of Yea Forums
comfy lotr threads are as old as Yea Forums itself, how new are you seriously?

My VHS copy of fellowship must've been played 100x when I was 10. Seeing these movies on DVD format was mind blowing.

how retarded do you have to be to post this? its the current year, good battling evil, optimism, and wholesomeness is the exceptional while being overly pretentious and forcing nothing but grey characters or full on edginess is the generic and unexceptional

seriously though, how disconnected from reality are you?

Don’t bother explaining something to a fucking baby

And like I said, if you actually kind make out the difference in quality between LotR and the Hobbit, you're an absolute brainlet and your worthless fucking zoomer retard opinions mean absolutely nothing

You can have nostalgia for things that are good. It's not hard to recognize in my older age which of the things I liked as a kid are shit. I loved Jurassic Park and Jurassic Park 3 as a kid, yet it's very easy to tell you which is good and which is shit.

Stop being a faggot

Attached: mn.jpg (400x400, 13K)

DVD is the only way to watch these movies.

Attached: FOTR_EE_DVDBD.jpg (1158x1448, 178K)

Dont be too harsh, the kid still hasn't gotten over their pseudo-intellectual phase

>this movie defies current trends therefore it is good
Jesus Christ Tolkientards keep getting more and more retarded every year

Attached: 1557501636054.jpg (1080x834, 93K)

>absolutely everyone loved LotR upon release
>highly critically acclaimed, winning several awards
>still so popular and beloved that every bit of fantasy media is still compared to it to this day
>just the RIGHTS to LotR to make a television show cost $250mil after an intense bidding war
>y-you only like it for nostalgia

there are some supreme fucking retards on this board, holy shit

GoT has surpassed it.
Lotr is boring in comparison.
The only character with any depth is boromir but he dies in the first movie.

>make a shitty thread expecting free (You)s from fellow soimen
>turns out dripping pre-cum at the mere sight of some overrated millennial movies is no longer in vogue
>y-you guys s-suck

>lotr being reddit

Jesus fucking christ we need another world war

do bluray movies look like that because the disc is blue or nah?

>this movie isnt edgy or morally grey therefore its bad
Im sorry bro, you lost your chance to be taken seriously

No
Diversty and anti white media makes shows unwatchable

you're responding to low tier baitposts

No blame Peter Jackson for being colorblind.

It's no different from the avengers.
A bunch of heroes come together to fight some bad guy.
Except at least thanos had some depth.

>MR FRODO
>FUCK ME ARSE
>FUCK ME GOOD MR FRODO

have they ever released a corrected version of this, it's one of the few movies I own on dvd that I wouldn't mind buying a second copy if it wasn't fucked.

epic

Kek

>GoT fags keep trying to compare it to LOTR as if it's even a conversation

the tv show turned to shit after tywin died and the fat fuck is never finishing the books, keep seething.

>people are unironically comparing GoT to LOTR
We truly have ascended to reddithood.
And no, >muh nostalgia and >muh normie memes aren't arguments.

Watched all three extended versions for the first time the other week. It was like getting the first time treatment all over again, esp as I hadn't seen any version for about 10 years.

Attached: 1518107464416 (1).png (646x700, 169K)

I really need to take a day and watch the EE making of discs, been too long.

S-Shut up!

Attached: 4L_eH3XgFR7.jpg (750x320, 60K)

> Do you remember the taste of strawberries mr Frodo

No. You can especially be sure because sjw trannies infiltrate and ruin everything

The Prequels are good though

Attached: 4L_NCOtlZA7.jpg (2048x1152, 451K)

>sjw trannies are everywhere

they're like 0.00001% of the population, you don't have to think about them all day.

God you're such an edgy faggot. I bet it makes you a lot of friends

>The only character with any depth is boromir but he dies in the first movie.
Have sex.

Attached: tenor.gif (244x146, 520K)

>Muh Rick and Morty

Attached: downloadfile-7.jpg (474x535, 30K)

Yeah i mean D&D prefered muh twist ending even if it wasn't well funded rather than give people what they wanted to see. Like i was really expecting the best sword fight shown on a movie ever between John and the NK but nope they went for muh anime sneaky move.

It makes you think., In the LotR we all knew how it was going to end, and they gave us the ending, and it was satisfying. But in GoT it wasn't even well executed, it's just plain bad quality. Embarrasing even.

She had ribbon in her hair GOD DAMN IT

Attached: verysadsam.jpg (800x506, 82K)

>We are going to do something different
>Copy the LotR ending but make it completely unsatisfying
>You mean...?
>Just like LotR, but instead of actual bittersweet make it rancid
>DABID GET MY IDEA CRAYONS

Attached: got lotr.jpg (490x719, 55K)

Indeed. originaltrilogy.com/topic/44rh1ns-The-Fellowship-of-the-Ring-Extended-Edition-Color-Restoration/id/61952

Attached: mmmm.jpg (720x657, 19K)

But that's just visually speaking. I was talking about the fundations of the story. If you study every example of that picture the relatable ones are the book and the throne, the other two are done in a total different context, like that arya there traveling because of the adventure and frodo leaving because he was dying. Apply yourself user don't be happy scratching the surface there is some really serious deep problems in GoT beyond how it looks.

Its inherantly Jewish to dislike LOTR.

Attached: JohnBoynigger.jpg (1200x1200, 155K)

It's almost impossible to make a good fantasy movie/adaptation, it just doesn't translate well and needs a huge budget.
And with how neutered and safe almost everything nowadays, I'm pretty sure we'll never see something close to LotR.

It already did, and it surpassed it.

Attached: e073b69926b7ceb5fafc84a5ad8c14fd.jpg (1920x1200, 220K)

epic

When will we get a censor for the word reddit? Anyone that unironically uses the word is never actually adding anything to a discussion.

Game of thrones is inherently Jewish.

Attached: JURNSNURRR.jpg (317x291, 26K)

is there an edit with all 3 extended movies cut together into one continuous experience?

I saw all 3 movies blind outside of the you shall not pass meme.

They were the extended cuts and i fucking loved them.

Helms Deep is probably the best battle i've ever seen in a movie

I've never seen any of these before, are they worth watching?

Two Tower is best, both movie and book.

LotR is medieval fantasy capeshit. It even has quips between characters. I enjoyed still though

How is it capeshit (not that I am even expecting an actual response)?