Has your opinion on the books changed?

Now that we know Bran will be king at the end of it all.

Attached: Bookset.jpg (824x901, 152K)

>Now that we know Bran will be king at the end of it all.
Maybe he will fail. But we know he's trying.

Even if some things were similar the show clearly didn't end the way the books did and it's weird enough that you can't pick what is likely to happen in the books and what isn't.

So I'm more interested in reading the finished books now than I was during season 6 for instance but I'm also more convinced the books won't be finished.

bran cant be king in the books if the books never actually get finished

It's made me realize that Aegon isn't filler and is absolutely vital to the story.
There's no way that Bran will be king. At least, not in that way. Nobody would accept him as king in the traditional sense and I don't see him leaving that cave with his physical body.

So in an interview GRRM had meetings with D&D across several days. He told them how he thought it was going to end, major plot points. He said the only thing he couldn't cover was the little intricacies of each individual character and how they play out in the story.

The overall outcome will be the same though, it's basically like the book series was leaked.

Winds will probably be finished. Pretty sure that is going to cover the entire white walker story arc.

Dream of Spring likely will never be finished.

The show was so terrible that I don't have any interest in the books anymore

brown liquid poop

>has shitty fanfiction changed your opinion on the source material?
No. There are already plenty of things that happen both in the books and the TV show that work well in one but are a complete embarrassing clusterfuck in the other.

The shitshow of season 8 made me want to reread the books. Kind of funny how you can turn to any random page out of even the weakest books (Crows or Dragons) and the writing is an order of magnitude better than what we got in the show. Even simple scenes demand more emotional investment than the show ever captured in the later seasons.

Bran being King is Kino as that means the Children of the Forrest win

>Crows
Whoa whoa whoa, let's not go that far.

random page of adod including drawf /cock/ innuendo

Attached: 20190522_011356.jpg (1478x1134, 571K)

I knew denialist fags would try this angle after YEARS of insisting that the show ending would match the books because the show was baiting you into believing Jon would be king

>There's no way that Bran will be king.
time to take the COPEpill.

>Now that we know Bran will be king at the end of it all.
slightly more interested if book bran is going to lose him self to the three eyed crow like show bran. that's basically another targaryen bastard fighting for the throne

It won't be Bran in the books. It will be Bloodraven in Bran's body.

doubt. I don't think the show got nearly anything correct about Bran after his book content. And thats being generous since his show scenes were 95% fanfiction after season 1.

>mfw A Feast for Crows
What the fuck happened? I finished it but it was so bad I lost all interest in the series

Attached: file-20180120-110087-1j7esse.jpg (926x619, 55K)

I'm telling you the Reeds will lead the charge for crowning King Brandon

AFfC/ADwD aren't bad. I can understand if you were bored or personally didn't like them cause of how differently paced they were compared to the books. Didn't personally like Tyrion's whole ADwD odyssey cause? That's fine, but that doesn't mean it was bad.

>1000 pages long
>Dependent on foreshadowing and payoff
The problem with the books is they're unreadable once you know what happens

A feast for crows was nearly 1200 pages of nothing happening but people moving around through castles and rain

It's not possible. He's effectively the god of a foreign religion and a Northman to boot. No one would accept him as their king, let alone vote for him.

It explored themes like war's aftermath, a lot of character development, and, of course, standard middle act set up. The plot didn't move anywhere nearly as rapidly as the first three and that dissonance in pacing is why I can understand a person not personally enjoying the AFfC/ADwD middle act (especially as the other two haven't came out so you don't get a satisfying conclusion to many of the arcs and are left hanging) but I maintain they weren't bad in the least.
Speak for yourself. I've read the books more than once and enjoy still enjoy them.

Ser Barristan chapters were kino and I will fight anyone over this.

>nearly 1200 pages of nothing happening
Less a problem with Asoiaf than serialised fantasy in general.

Feast is great, you're just a pleb. Dance is the snoozefest, though some of the content is great.

>but I maintain they weren't bad in the least.
I'm talking about A feast for crows. And yes. It WAS bad. It's chronologically off, and it doesn't include almost half of the established cast. There's no reason to defend it. GRRM literally apologizes for it in the afterward.

I read the books after season 4 and it felt like a completely different, vastly better story. So I don't give a shit

I'm all for God King Bran.
He's set to be the most powerful dude in the books, so why not? He isn't really attached to a lot of the shit that is happening in Westeros right now, so he would be a nice and neutral leader.

Barristan stuff is good. It's probably faster paced than a lot of the early chapters characters had in ACoK or ASoS but it left us without resolving the arc with the Meereen battle. I think AFfC and ADwD are good and will be treated much more kindly if the series is complete cause people can read the middle act knowing they will immediately go into the third act which then resolves all the arcs those two books set up.

>There's no reason to defend it
I'm not even defending him, try reading shit like Malazan

lost interest in the books after s5 because the show had turned so shit. seemed to clearly be heading in a bad direction, and they wouldn't kill off/not introduce certain book characters if they were going to have a key role by the end.

Just imagine GRRM writing that rape scene with his tiny penis twitching beneath his mountain of pubic hair

If you're the guy who hasn't read Dance yet, well, when you get around to reading Dance, you're gonna eat your words and be begging to have Brienne and Cersei and even Dorne back. You're never going to want to see Tyrion again.

All you're giving me is very subjective reasons as to why you didn't like it, not a good argument as to why it's bad or devoid of depth or whatever. If you didn't enjoy it personally, that's fine. But you're doing sweet fuck all to convince me it was actually bad.

>and they wouldn't kill off/not introduce certain book characters if they were going to have a key role by the end.
It's incredibly obvious at this point that Aegon is meant to be the force that Dany goes off the deep end while fighting. Cersei will almost certainly be dead by then.

Really? I enjoyed Dance even more. All the Northern stuff was great, I enjoyed Jon's arc a lot, Tyrion's odyssey, Barristan's stuff, Bran's chapters... I'd say ADwD ties with ASoS for me. I liked Daenerys stuff too despite all the backlash it received. Thought it was a very necessary part of her character arc and had a really good exploration of slavery and freedom.

Not sure if this is meant to be a knock against the book. It's a Tyrion ADwD chapter for Christ sake. Vulgarity and so on was very intentional given the current state of mind he was in after ASoS.

George only told then how he thought it would end, bit he changes alot of things whilst writing. Also D&D 100% did not stick to the things he told them, the Others being a prime example of this. There is just no way they will end up being generic bad guys in the books, George has pretty much said as much.

My boy Selmy's fight scene was fucking awesome

They've only appeared twice in the books yet have demonstrated more sentience by actually laughing, and having blood and a skeleton instead of simply exploding when injured. There's no way to Wall is coming down via a resurrected Viserion cause the wight hunt will not happen in the books.

Yup, 2nd dance of the dragons is defo coming, he's written so much about the dance that it has to play a role in the main series.

>book epic series
>7 books
>each book over 1000pages long
fucking hell this is worse than The Dark Tower

Honestly reading this just makes me want to read the books again. GRRM isn't great, but in terms of "epic fantasy" he's pretty solid. Can't think of a better author for that sort of thing. Obviously he's no Shakespeare.

I have to wonder whether or not their origin is the same, i.e. being something the Children created or a completely separate, sentiment species from humanity like the children or giants. I also doubt the war against the Others will be as one sided as it was in the show seeing as how the wights aren't as OP and the living won't be using fucking retarded tactics like they did in the show. There's also a nice fan theory that the wights stop functioning during day light, which gives humans a brief window to slaughter a lot of them before night comes. That all paints the picture of a war humanity would lose but a very slow, drawn out war too.

Pretty much this, unless he goes full fledged spooked and instead on hedonism he starts spending his wealth on prolonging his life, by taking young boys blood transfusion and eating fetuses like Rockfeller did

Attached: 1558500480751.jpg (699x485, 68K)

If memory serves, the prose is pretty brief/simply for the most part but becomes more intricate during key events like the birth of the dragons.

Sneed of Chucks

I think GRRM does dialogue very well

Yes it has changed, as I won't bother reading next one (that will be the last one)

Guess you weren't that invested in the first place. Otherwise, I'd peg you as an odd fellow to be invested in the books but then quit on the series cause of the Dabids.

>Dream of Spring likely will never be finished.

Yep. How many years has it been since ADWD, around eight? GRRM will be dead before he completes his magus opus. I'm personally more pissed off that Dunk and Egg won't be complete, the three books GRRM has written about them are fantastic.

Attached: GRRM about Game of Thrones ending.png (740x2000, 169K)

No. It'll probably make sense in the books. His powers will be explained. His motivations will be clear. And his storyline will hopefully be interesting.

I don't have a problem with the way the story went, I just have a problem with how it played out. There was no substance thing just happened and the characters were inconsistent about it.

Attached: GRRM about Game of Thrones ending snip.png (740x288, 36K)

Are they even worth reading now that the show is over? I tried reading the first a while back, but it may as well be a lost cause seeing gurm will do fuck all to release them.

Read them when Dream of Spring gets a release date, in the mean time read the Dunk and Egg books. They're short, more like films with a much more heroic tone to them. You will enjoy.

the books are still kinos, but at this point i think id rather forget the tv happened after S5 just imagine the books end with stannis winning and the fulfilling the prophecy.

>you're just a pleb
Bullshit. You can like the books but still point out their weaknesses
You're not smarter than anyone for forcing yourself to like boring tripe

No because my theory all along has been that this somehow ends with Bran waking up from a fucked up dream.

Attached: PicsArt_05-17-05.58.56.jpg (1080x1203, 169K)

Yes, I won't bother reading the new books.

Also, won't bother seeing the new Star Wars movies.

I've had enough.