Are there any ways to give an ending to a show/movie that won't piss off its fans?

Are there any ways to give an ending to a show/movie that won't piss off its fans?

Attached: smokefrog.png (509x411, 18K)

kill all nigger characters

Anyone investing their time and emotion in a fucking medieval dragon fantasy story deserves all the disappointment they get.

Well if you follow logic and common sense and respect your own characters their arcs and development at least 80% of fans will be okay with it.

IF you piss on this just to "surprise and shock them" with some *muh subverting expectations* everyone gonna be pissed.

Attached: 1558506809663.jpg (560x612, 42K)

I hate these end good all good type of endings.

>Well if you follow logic and common sense and respect your own characters their arcs and development at least 80% of fans will be okay with it.
*ACTUAL* logic and common sense, or the logic and common sense the fans expect? Because those two (often) don't intersect.

No, because people don't even know what the fuck they want.

>Medieval setting
>Dragons
>cuckholds
>incest
>rape
>Gore
imagine caring about these things

Actual, because when character does something suddenly that makes no sense and its there only to push the plot and plot convinence nobody is gonna buy it and it will result outrage.

I mean if its a tv show, its purpose is entertainment, people watch it for the sake of escapism, if i want art i go to theater/museum/gallery.

>I mean if its a tv show, its purpose is entertainment, people watch it for the sake of escapism, if i want art i go to theater/museum/gallery.
You are such a fucking faggot. I hate everyone like you. Kill yourself.

Nailed it.

>You are such a fucking faggot. I hate everyone like you. Kill yourself.
Why? What do you watch the shows? Whats else is there?

Attached: 1558500480751.jpg (699x485, 68K)

Your insistence that every part of the segmented narrative format that is television fiction should be nothing more than braindead entertainment, and not strive to be anything more than that, is fucking idiotic, and you're a faggot for thinking it.

Attached: avatarfinale10[1].jpg (640x360, 67K)

Television is literally made to be a form of effortless entertainment for the wide masses, if you want something more read a fucking book!

Attached: 1556031133209.jpg (953x1282, 149K)

>if you want something more read a fucking book!
Or stop being a pleb and actually want some good shows for once.

Kys.

Breaking Bad. Lord of the Rings. Two properties that now stand unopposed in the respective domains of "best tv show" and "best fantasy movie or show" now that GoT has shit the bed.

GoT was unique in just how badly it did so, made all the more apparent since it was released at the same time as Avengers Endgame. Worst received ending to a popular franchise I know of by far; almost unanimously hated by everyone.

Attached: bc553b12893b49e43816f64b95190c9c.jpg (776x734, 159K)

>muh books
Maybe if you're reading actual quality literature, but there are piles on piles of books to read which are airy garbage no more intellectually stimulating than the most empty television show.

Truth bomb: Televison main purpose is to be profitable, for maximum profit you need wide audience if you make something for niche audience it wont have budget to guarantee quality and it will eventually disappoint you. This is how real world works. Money makes the world go round.

I love sci-fi shows, star trek was my favorite thing why do you think we dont get those anymore?

Attached: 1558435715448.gif (978x827, 1.29M)

>Money makes the world go round.
It also makes schlock for the sake of popularity.

>I love sci-fi shows, star trek was my favorite thing why do you think we dont get those anymore?
Star Trek is a huge franchise with a new TV show. SciFi is one of the most profitable genres.

You have to have everything written beforehand. Which is really hard with multi year run shows (can’t know if they will last, be renewed)
The only way anime does it is all the best 24 episode anime were mangas first, so all the arcs were already written and you knew what worked, ore or less. The other way o do it is base it off a FINISHED book, such as LotRs.
All disappointing endings are from shows that the writes were happy got a season two, let alone a season 5. Unless you had season 5 episode 12 planned since season 1 episode 1 there are going to problems, often big ones. Either it will feel forced, or contradict something or unearned. (Shows without arcs this applies less)

Attached: 0DDBF32F-4173-4706-AEE6-ED2B1BD91851.png (800x600, 547K)

Thanks, I needed you to say something this banal and simple as if it was some uncovered gem of hidden knowledge to completely disengage here. I am now completely uninvested in this conversation due to how braindead this post was. I still recommend you kill yourself, but hey, you do you buddy. Jesus christ lmao.

>WOAH DUDE CAPITAILISM

Shows i can think of with good endings:

>Rome
>Starz Spartacus
>Hey Arnold (via Jungle Movie)
>The Office (last 2 seasons were shit, but the last ep was good)
>Breaking Bad
>MASH
>Original Scrubs finale (lets just ignore Scrubs Med School)
>The Shield

Who cares. You did the show for years and got success and big money. That's what matters, not a bunch of on-line crying losers.

actual subversion that makes sense

Attached: Twin Peaks [2x09] Arbitrary Law.mkv_snapshot_41.40_[2014.06.05_13.52.31].jpg (512x384, 11K)

If you mean on star trek discovery its utter shit, not near ToS or TNG, i dropped it literally after 2 episodes when i saw where they are going with it. Only thing worth watching today is The Expanse and Orville.

>Thanks, I needed you to say something this banal and simple as if it was some uncovered gem of hidden knowledge to completely disengage here. I am now completely uninvested in this conversation due to how braindead this post was. I still recommend you kill yourself, but hey, you do you buddy. Jesus christ lmao.

Its simple because its true, would you work for free?

Attached: IMG_20180909_213636.jpg (2560x1920, 1.05M)

Simply run the show for so long that nobody gives a shit how it ends.

Attached: 220px-The_Simpsons–S23.jpg (220x220, 20K)

>IF you piss on this just to "surprise and shock them" with some *muh subverting expectations* everyone gonna be pissed.

Understanding each character traits is like understanding how a piece moves on a chess board, it's fun to guess how the pieces interact with each other. It creates a logical mystery.
But when everyone and their granpa breaks character, it just kills the dynamic of the game board making it not fun, thus a disappointment.

That is why I find it hard to watch Battlestar Galactica reruns