Make Warcraft movie

>Make Warcraft movie.
>Don't use the most compelling storyline.
What were they thinking?

Attached: Arthasssssssss.jpg (1200x885, 123K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wow.gamepedia.com/Brother_Crowley
youtube.com/watch?v=rPvPtCrIJDM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because Warcraft 3 was first of course.

Attached: 90B49301-7318-4AB4-96E0-B54BA43E8ED1.jpg (1620x1080, 334K)

*jobs harder than Cuckidan Jobberrage*

Attached: jobberlords.jpg (1186x637, 108K)

Easy trilogy right there.

Idk what they were thinking. Only reason that movie didn't bomb is because of Chinese audience

I enjoyed the flick, desu. Are they going to make another one?

Outside of Wow fags who would go to see a Warcraft movie? Whats the target audience? It doesnt get good until WC3 and by then youre asking people with short attention spans and addicted on capeshit to sit through 2 movies with a very generic Orcs v. Humans plot. It was never going to succeed I mean look at the fucking cast. The Vikings guy? Toby Kebbell?

>let's make a movie about the spoiled incel prince going on a killing spree
Nah, thanks.

Well the moral from Arthas' story is that he was too convicted to actually stop and see how to properly handle the situation.

You go to Warcraft III first, and it'd just turn into a big slavery parallel, since you'd have nothing to establish why the orcs were in camps. The destruction of Lordaeron would be seen as justified for their "racism."

Unironically the most based post on 4channel right now. I pretend warcraft ended with the cinematic of his fall and subsequent surrogation by bolvar. He really had a fulfilling narrative.

Attached: 057F5D3B-66BC-4A23-81F3-86736C65D042.jpg (480x360, 12K)

>the most compelling storyline
except the end of his arc is like a CSI Miami episode.

Attached: there must always be a lich king.jpg (480x360, 13K)

>arthas
>incel
>spoiled

It only sold in China, and they don't allow spooky skeletons on screen. Can't really do much with the lich king without skeletons, you couldn't even have Kel'Thuzad.

That is the most concise way to put it. Having such affectation for things to where righteousness broils hate - he was consumed so much by this drive he became willing to do anything to materialize it - hence claiming frostmourne and ironically finalizing his failure.

Legitimate point. The box office for Warcraft was fascinatingly skewed towards China. It was a fucking bomb in the US. Would've been a total disaster without China.

>>Make Warcraft movie.
>>Don't use the most compelling storyline.
>What were they thinking?
It's all pretty lame, dudebros.

Elder Scrolls lore is so much better.

I don't even think Bethesda know's what the lore for that game is anymore
Cyrodil was both a jungle and not a jungle at the same time

> you will never go back to 2009 when the world of warcraft still mattered

have sex

>I pretend warcraft ended with WC3: The Frozen Throne

Fixed

>there are people on this board who actually believes that Arthas did nothing wrong

Cast 20 year old arthas.
Cast 40 year old arthas.

(you)

>there are people ITT RIGHT NOW who unironically believe Arthas culled Stratholme for the greater good
he was just buttmad about mal'ganis pushing his shit in

I’m telling you man. Just reject everything after wotlk as non-canon spinoff and let what’s up to that point be a nice thing that happened in the past and ended katamoron.

A story abruptly ending halfway through the narrative?

Can’t, I don’t really watch movies much or shows at all.

It was a quick solution to dealing with something stopping him from chasing the scourge officers, yes.

They were thinking they'd be making a franchise.

>A story abruptly ending halfway through the narrative?

WOT IF WE RETCONNED THE LORE TO THE POINT THAT THE WRITERS DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WOT THE FUCK WAS GOIN' ON?

Attached: charlie_brooker_1-640x380.jpg (640x380, 30K)

how did wotkl end? Arthas was defeated I assume? Some narrative ending desu
t. Loved Wc3 but never played wow

Meanwhile a series about an incel queen is the most successful tv series ever

Then you make the prequels with them going full heavy metal genocide

>kill arthas
>terenas' force ghost shows up to tell us there must always be a lich king
>bolvar puts on the helmet and cut to black

>terenas' force ghost shows up to tell us there must always be a lich king
Ugh

>Dany
>Incel
She had sex with at least 3 men in the show and in the books she even fucks women

The latest expansion also shows Bolvar had a daughter who he hid away in Kul Tiras during Warcraft III to keep her safe. Said daughter is being set up to bang Anduin.

There's also speculation that that daughter is Calia Menethil's kid. i.e., Arthas' sister.

Incel is a state of mind, she burned kings landing after being denied manlet dick

End should be Jaina finding the thing (Necklace?) she gave Arthas still around his neck, realizing he was still in there. End is a zoom out of ICC while you hear her crying.

Attached: jainaa.jpg (1280x1656, 233K)

Alexa, play Arise, a Death Knight.

Metzen hated the film so much he went into retirement before legion came out.

yeah it was a shitshow.
>about to kill the lich king
>instakills the raid so he can start his ebin monologue about how he was merely pretending
>tirion out of fucking nowhere
>BY THE LIGHT OF ELUNE
>poof

>no arthas kino
>no undead kino
>no sylvannas kino
>no kel'thuzad kino
>no culling of strathholme kino

All because they wanted to start with warcraft 1

I'm mad

>No Alexandros Mograine kino

For both.

Attached: Arthassss.jpg (900x900, 88K)

Tirion getting the kill was fine. He's actually existed as a character longer than Arthas.

So what? He was still a shitty comicbook character unrelated to Arthas.

Who exactly should've gotten the kill? He was set up in Vanilla to rebuild the Knights of the Silver Hand.

>rebuild the Silver Hand
>after half its members got SCOURGE'd, another quarter joined the Scourge, and the remainder became homicidal maniacs

why?

Attached: frodo.jpg (400x399, 93K)

He shouldn't have been killed in the first place.
If he had to die, someone related to him : Any Blood Elf, forsaken, human survivor... Sylv, Jaina...

>WoW
>relevant to the lore of Warcraft in any way, shape, or form

The Silver Hand existed in Stormwind too. That's where it started in fact, in Northshire. And technically he didn't rebuild the Silver Hand specifically, he folded remaining members into the Argent Crusade.

>He shouldn't have been killed in the first place.

Well that's not gonna fucking work out. Guy wanted to take control of the world. He obviously wasn't gonna accomplish that, either.

Tirion was a survivor. He was also neutral. You have a specific faction nab the Arthas kill, and no one would be happy.

The same could be said about Warcraft 3 then

As a coping wc3 fag the scarlet crusade stuff was pretty good, have no idea how its supposed to work when the Scourge wipes out most of Lordaeron's population

I think it's 20-year-old Arthas and dead 20-year-old Arthas, user. Living people don't usually sit for weeks in -50C temperatures way up in the freezing wind with nothing to eat.

>no Maiev hunting down inceldan kino

Attached: Maiev_The_Warden.jpg (1082x1644, 1.11M)

Only good thing about bfa is Jaina realizing that daelin did nothing wrong

Genociding an entire continent is pretty tough, and Lordaeron was fairly obviously the largest center of human population around. The Scourge didn't even manage to get to some regions that were south enough. Hillsbrad and Arathi weren't even actively dealing with Arthas' undead even five years on after TFT. The Scarlet Crusade specifically were recruiting in those regions, too. The Burning Crusade showed that Southshore was the place where a lot of the key Scarlets were from.

blizzard had no sense of scale for populations, Lordaeron basically got wiped out yet there are endless amounts of Scarlet crusader cannon fodder even though they are supposed to be a zealous fraction of the human population, which got decimated. It gets possibly even worse with elves. High elves got decimated and remnants split into two, the high elves and blood elves. Blood elves are said to be very few in number, yet even these got further split into playable blood elves, the followers of Kael'Thas, and all the other rogue blood elves (Which are rogue high elves to begin with).
Moreover going by source books and common sense, the horde and orcs especially are vastly outnumbered by alliance races, yet were always shown to be competitive against the alliance. I mean, just how many boats could they steal? The only orcs that didn't use those to get to Kalimdor are Blackrocks, Frostwolves and other niggers.

>I mean look at the fucking cast. The Vikings guy? Toby Kebbell?
Who?

scourge lieutenant kino > all
just give me basedest of bros Kel'thuzad and Anub'arak with happy puppy Syndragosa marching around subjugating the rest of Northrend while Arthas talks to the ghost in his chair/sword/head
>tyrande murders a bunch of dutiful elf wardens to free psycho demon elf
>psycho demon elf immediately slaughters and corrupts his way through friendly forest denizens until he finds an entire elf village to slaughter just because he wants to use one of their boats
>even ignoring all this unnecessary genocide of innocents along the way, he fucks up all his plans for "greater good" along the way and just becomes an outcast cuck for you to fuck up sometime
Maiev did literally nothing wrong, Illidan and Tyrande should be executed and Malfurion should be tossed in Illidan's old cell for enabling and accessorizing them.

Attached: Maiev-Shadowsong-from-World-of-Warcraft-Burning-Crusade.jpg (1208x800, 185K)

I don't care. WoW story is trash. Every "world threat" are turned into generic stupid villain so that they Horde/Alliance can have their loot pinata.
The LK is so powerful in Wc3 that KJ is afraid of him and ask Illidan to kill him. Turns out that he didn't have to worry about.

I really don't think Lordaeron's population was "wiped out." Remember, Arthas was called back to Northrend part-way through TFT. That's plenty of time for a resistance to form up. There's a mission where humans are fleeing south, and let's not forget the humans that went with Jaina. Or hell, any Stormwind humans who decided to move north to fight the Scourge.

Stormwind was far away. Why would they care about the scourge at its peak if they didn't care in the first palce.
It's just stupid that the scourge legacy is wiped out in vanilla like that.

We've killed Kil'Jaeden too, lol. Honestly, you could probably make an argument that Arthas could've defeated the Legion.

Like, his whole plan was to unite Azeroth in undeath under his control, so we could take on the Legion. The expansion, "Legion," had to have us quell the various factions from butting their heads too hard so we could finally defeat the demons. The one real caveat, and this is speculation more or less, is that the Legion could've had a failsafe to eradicate the undead if they got too uppity.

You are the reason why WoW story is so bad. You all see everything from your shitty "champion" pov.
Because of ppl like you, every story is trash cauz it had to be centered around the "champion".
If the "champion" existed back in wc3, there would have been no wc3 at all.

>I mean look at the fucking cast. The Vikings guy?
Are you talking shit about Travis Fimmel? He was amazing in Vikings and carried the show.

Plus, scale-wise, there were very few things after Wrath that matched up to Arthas in power. Deathwing was just a crazy dragion. Garrosh couldn't even control all of Durotar, and the Iron Horde was a gigantic meme that got kicked out of the Blasted Lands, and proceeded to be fucked up by all the heroes.

What the fuck ever, dude. I'm just telling you what happened. I mean there were technically champions already in Warcraft III. You know those named heroes you got in multiplayer maps but have no impact on the story? You're them.

I know what happened i played the game, thanks.
You even admitted that for you it's impossible to have a character related to Arthas kill him because it will piss off one of the FACTION.
It shows how much you don't care about delivering a good story.
Everything in WoW makes the story dull.
Hell it's like Wc3 didn't happen at all : Scourge is completely wiped out at the end of vanilla and Blood Elves got their territory back like nothing happened (except there horde now so that the incels can play horde).
Why would the freaking alliance, especially night elves, bother with the scourge at the other side of the world and not help the Blood Elf 200 meter north for exemple?

Normies watch it in FX all the time. Gets solid ratings for a random Saturday afternoon

Dude I never said WoW's story is particularly good. Though some of the shit you're saying is retarded. The Scourge weren't wiped out at all in Vanilla. We barely made a dent in them, which is obvious cause it led to Wrath.

And why would the Alliance bother with the Scourge? Well for one, the Alliance was founded in Lordaeron, and was the biggest proponent of it. You'd think that would lead to some people to care. In the very least, Stormwind cared, cause it was canon that the country got flooded by refugees. Funny thing about that- Varian got supremely butthurt with Genn cause he built a giant wall around his country and wouldn't let people in. That was a story done in like, 2011, too.

Hell, fucking Malfurion visited Lordaeron in Warcraft III. Do you remember that? Probably not. He hated what was going on there, and specifically talked about bringing druids in to help. They actually did, too, which was why after Wrath, the Plaguelands began to heal.

In general though, I agree, the faction conflict is the thing kneecapping the story. It really hurts it.

>It shows how much you don't care about delivering a good story.
are you implying blizzard cared about delivering a good story?

>strong work ethic
>redpilled on the dangers of arcane magic
>redpilled on the dangers of incels
>authoritative, knows what she wants
>isn't afraid to take matters into her own hands to fix a problem if she deems it necessary

undoubtedly best girl

Attached: Maiev %22the mage murdering maniac%22 Shadowsong.jpg (600x849, 43K)

You were the commander or whatever the fuck in StarCraft. Didn't fuck with the story at all.

>blizzard
>Putting anything other than horde/orc worship in their games and media

>The Scourge weren't wiped out at all in Vanilla
I'm talking about EK. In Wotlk we are already invading Northrend.
>Well for one, the Alliance was founded in Lordaeron
That's not a reason to go into suicide mission in a land where Horde controls the most and where there are no humans left to save.
Oh and btw Lordaeron is controlled by Forsaken, not by Scourge.
>Probably not
Stop being condescending. It was Lordaeron btw.
Oh and did you remember how Tyrande was eager to help the Blood Elves? Tell me what should be the priority if the Night Elves were able to somehow go back to EK and fight the scourge? Help the Blood Elves who were on the verge of extinction, or heal some trees?

The Scourge weren't taken care of at al in Vanilla. Seriously. They dominated at least six zones, and had influence as far as Kalimdor in places. Like, you're just wrong in that regard.

>That's not a reason to go into suicide mission in a land where Horde controls the most and where there are no humans left to save.
>Oh and btw Lordaeron is controlled by Forsaken, not by Scourge.

Well the Alliance wasn't particularly active in Lordaeron. They had a few select territories in places like Southshore. When I mentioned people going on up, I was talking about individuals who might want to help, and join the Scarlet Crusade. In fact, there is a member of the Scarlet Crusade in the Stormwind Cathedral.

wow.gamepedia.com/Brother_Crowley

The Horde's control over Lordaeron in general, particularly during Vanilla, was tenuous at best. The Forsaken hid themselves in ruins, and barely scraped by against the Scourge. Technically right now Lordaeron is edging towards being Alliance territory in BFA, too.

>Oh and did you remember how Tyrande was eager to help the Blood Elves? Tell me what should be the priority if the Night Elves were able to somehow go back to EK and fight the scourge? Help the Blood Elves who were on the verge of extinction, or heal some trees?

You're aware that they started healing things after Wrath, right? After the Blood Elves joined the Horde, and would want no assistance from the Night Elves?

No, in Sunwell KJ is only half summoned, not at full power, and he doesn't die during that fight. I will agree that LK should have not been killed or left for a later expansion.

No, we killed KJ in the Legion expansion. Like, the Legion is fucking done in general. Blizzard's trying shit with stuff like the "void" now, and BFA is setting us up to deal with the Old Gods.

>Make Warcraft movie.
>It's not three hours of Whitemane femdom joi.
What were they thinking?

Attached: 1550939631954.jpg (3508x5169, 2.84M)

>Well that's not gonna fucking work out.
It would, just make it so he gets frozen again and the status quo is restored, thus removing the need for a shitty explanation as to why there's a bunch of undead in all the zones still

The following expansion actually started to fix those zones, though. It was one of the only interesting things about Cata. You saw a direct response to your actions for beating the Lich King.

No they didn't, northrend wasn't changed at all. Are you stupid?

I was referring to the Plaguelands. It's not like there was much to heal in Northrend, either, since it was weirdly fine. It just had a bunch of undead, which they still gave an explanation for.

For both

Attached: Z5AfU8g3wNDl.jpg (600x400, 60K)

Are you dumb? The reason they pulled that stupid lich king line was so that they didn't have to change the northrend zones after you beat him.

Isn't he a bit old for young Arthas?
Aside from that yeah I like his acting and he def looks the part.

That's not the fucking reason. If that was the case, why didn't they update any of the BC zones after you beat Illidan? Or any expansion. The mobs still act like they're the hottest shit, and they're going to take over the world, even if their boss is from a half decade old content release.

only good wc story was wc2, wc3 was the beginning of the shit in wow with lots of shit characters and ruining old characters like uther

A bit of makeup can do wonders. I thought he was in his 30s in the first season.

Northrend wouldn't really change that much anyway, and at least 3 zones barely have any scourge in them. But Blizz don't care about old zones changing since the idea is you level past it. The kept the LK because they wanted a good villain around and it's a popular storyline.

Of course it's the reason, everyone expected the lich kings death to make all of his minions die. It would then be weird of course if they were all still around.

The lich king wasn't the popular villain, arthas was.

Now cast young and MOMMY Jaina

>everyone expected the lich kings death to make all of his minions die

Who's everyone? Undead can exist without the Lich King. They existed before the Lich King. And even then, there's no reason to assume Blizzard would give a shit about past content like the zones, since they're pretty clearly set in a time lock where the Lich King is alive.

It's more like this user said . They wanted to keep the LK in their back pocket for future content, and they've used him somewhat since then.

was she...dare i say a batshit fucking feminist?

I replayed the game recently and her character really grew on me.
The way she's bitchy with Tyrande, always tense and excessive, admire Malfurion... The VA did a nice job.

>There's no reason to assume Blizzard would give a shit about past content like the zones, since they're pretty clearly set in a time lock
It wasn't past content, it was that same expansion, and the expectation was there.

my older brother and his family actually watched it. None of them have ever played wow. And my brother only played like the first two wc games or something.

It's still past content, dude, cause you did it while leveling. Once you're raiding the Lich King, you're way past whatever events happen in those zones.

oh and they liked it

she's a traditionalist in a matriarchy so yeah, sort of. Although I don't think she primarily see people as men or women, rather night elves and not night elves (which includes nelf arcane magic users)

Attached: Maiev %22the Suramar strangler%22 Shadowsong.jpg (550x668, 53K)

The Warcraft movie came out when WoD was a thing. If WoD weren't shit enough, do you think they wanted to remind people of WOTLK, a relative high point in the series as a whole? Or WC3? Another high point? They wanted to support WoD, and having Gul'Dan and Medivh as antagonists fit that mantra.

>'No incel stays a virgin forever, my son.'

>in a matriarchy
NE's society wasn't really a matriarchy, quite the contrary : in the old concept art, the male druids gave order to their female harem through telepathy. Watchers have male and females and Maiev is jaelous of Tyrande while admiring Malfurion. I don't think she's a feminist at all.

Doesn't matter. People did give a shit about it, they were criticised for doing it in tbc and they made a half assed effort to make sense of the story line and the present overworld remaining unchanged.

That doesn't make any sense. Vanilla zones didn't update when you beat bosses either. The Defias were still around after you killed Van Cleef. Hell, that whole storyline goes on for at least 10 more levels. I never heard anyone say they needed to update the zones IMMEDIATELY after a raid boss got offed. Maybe eventually, obviously, but Wrath was current content. Of course they weren't going to change things. What about players who still hadn't gone through those zones?

they don't have anything ideologically against men, it's just that most of them are asleep (other than civilians, who are pretty anonymous) so in practice it's women who rule for the most part.
But no it's difficult to call her a feminist without first defining what exactly that means
>the male druids gave order to their female harem through telepathy
the concept art has a few things I wish made it into the game, those keeps for example

Attached: 1534857642280.jpg (1017x784, 144K)

Yeah about that

youtube.com/watch?v=rPvPtCrIJDM

Nigga why do you think cataclysm DID change all that shit and why do you think they added phasing? It was specifically to address these problems

They werent

I unironically think Hollywood would do it better. think they could find an actress willing to use Laura Bailey's voice?

>American audiences
>liking movies with "bad" endings

>NE favor Axes
damn this is old

Go west and you go to the future tamriel go east and you go to the past tamrielp

>tfw as a 10yo I thought the line "The guilty will suffer!" was her calling Illidan a GUILTY LITTLE SUCKER
my spicy lil blinky waifu either way

This is G'huun, say something nice about Him.

Attached: ghuun.jpg (1200x675, 93K)

They could've done a trilogy that covered all of those plots. Shit would be so cash

cute worm

I want to pop those mushroom on his head.

Ironic how he'd be kingslayer again