Season 8 was a steaming pile of shit, but you're all wrong about why, and here's why

Season 8 was a steaming pile of shit, but you're all wrong about why, and here's why.

You keep complaining about situational details.
>"Hurr why dragon not kill Jon"
>*BRAAP* ASDFGJ No one knows Bran MBSFDH
>[Heaves] Why did [injects dorito dust] Grey Worm let [clutches greasy unwashed Arya body pillow] Tyrion talk?

The fact of the matter is that there *exists* justification for every single one of these things. Drogon didn't kill Jon because where Daenerys was his mother, Daenerys also loved Jon. That made Jon his father. If you came home and found your father to have killed your mother, would your first instinct be to kill him? Of course that explanation rings hollow and completely falls through, because we didn't get any screentime of Job bonding with the dragons. You know, the way Daenerys did in the first few seasons. Additionally, dragons are not retarded beasts of burden like horses. Drogon is smart enough to figure out that the Iron Throne is what caused all of this. It killed not only Dany, but his brothers, hell it killed his entire species as the Targaryens fought each other for it. It doesn't take a degree in philosophy to figure out that the throne would only continue to destroy as long as it existed. The reason why this explanation sounds dumb is because we never got a means of accurately gauging Drogon's intelligence one way or the other.

Meanwhile, Grey Worm had perfectly good reason not to immediately kill Jon and Tyrion. It would have started another fucking war with Sansa, for one thing. It's perfectly reasonable to treat random soldiers (e.g. the Golden Company) as cattle while treating POIs differently. Yes, I'm using plot armor as an excuse. This is one extremely isolated scenario in which it makes sense. They're important; you don't just kill important people without talking to someone about it. The problem is that we didn't get to see that negotiation. Or why Jon turned himself in to begin with, for that matter.

Attached: sophie-turner-as-sansa-star-in-game-of-thrones.jpg (450x253, 49K)

Bran goes without saying. Maybe people would know him if he, you know, did anything? Are you picking up on the pattern here? Give him screentime. Make him warg into something amazing and demonstrate his might before the people. Make an interplay with the Night King.

>Make Rhaegal's death actually matter with leadup and consequences
>Make Euron actually have a storyline
>Make more time for Jaime to relapse for Cersei
>Make Arya actually do anything with her Faveless Man powers
>Go literally anywhere besides Winterfell/Kings Landing. How's Gendry doing? How's Yara Greyjoy doing? How's Dorne doing?
>Make Dany's descent take longer than 4 seconds
>Make it more clear that Varys conspired against Dany. It's clear, yes, but kind of underwhelming considering the entire attempt on her life was offscreen.
>Give Sansa a personality
>Give Jon a personality
>Give more emotional buildup to the Night King
>Make the initial assault on KL not completely retarded
>Make Missandei's death not completely shoehorned

The central issue is *more time*. Everything made sense, getting there was the problem. They rushed through it in 6 episodes when they were offered 10 and stretched the justification like taffy. If you're complaining about any one specific issue, you're a brainlet trying to poke holes in swiss cheese.

based

Nigga I'm not reading this

>Everything made sense, getting there was the problem
dude wtf, this is literally what almost everyone is complaining about.
>give him screentime
that's not a good explanation or even a good excuse, it's just plain shitty writing. they just didn't know what they were supposed to do with him, as for all intents and purposes he was the most OP character in the show.
the same applies to everything else you mentioned. "Giving Euron a storyline" is not a good excuse, it's dumb af. Having Rahegal die like that was dumb as fuck, having Arya become an skilled assassin yet make her phase out at the burning of KL is incredibly dumb.
Most storylines where wasted and had very weak completions. It was a bad finale, get over it.

You should reply this way to every other post on Yea Forums that doesn't interest you.
Fucking retard.

Nobody gives a shit about you.

I do.

Dany was right

>you're all wrong about why, and here's why
The reason's you gave in have already all been said a dozen times in a dozen threads here.

>That made Jon his stepfather.
>If you came home and found your stepfather to have killed your mother, would your first instinct be to kill him?

Yeah. duh.

>Drogon is smart enough to figure out that the Iron Throne is what caused all of this.

Is he? Was it?
Danny got stabbed because she was going to go roast the rest of the continent not because Jon wanted the chair or she wanted the chair. She didn't even need the chair to go roast people.

>Yes, I'm using plot armor as an excuse.

Must've spent a whole hour tugging that double digit IQ all the way to the finish line huh?

can anybody give me a tldr for this thread?

>show bad because
>I'M SMART AND KNOW WHY
>YOU DON'T

>You see
>smug smug smug smug

>Dragon not murdering Jon is okay because Jon is Dragon's dad
>Dragon burning chair actually smart because dragon know things
>Greyworm not murder midge or manlet because he smart and do smart thing
>smug smug smug

REALLY SMART THERE OP

Me too.

I liked everything about the ending except this casting couch roastie who only survived past season 5 because kikes love to see a fairly useless woman get rewarded for doing absolutely nothing except be a victim their whole life.

based and redpilled
cringe and cuckpilled

>>Give more emotional buildup to the Night King
fuck off, the first two episodes this season where way to much ''build up'' for the night king and also the 2 worst episodes of the entire series.

His opinion is a whole lot more valuable than whatever comes out of your fucking mouth, fucknuts.

Holy shit, look at those two pathetic onions-sucking motherfuckers

Shut the fuck up and crawl back to your "comfy" subreddit, you subhuman piece of shit.

They were the best this season.

this user gets it. OP lacks critical thinking skills. the fucking new ruler of westeros has to show at least some level of heroism. bran looks and sounds like an utter retard. the show did not reveal bran's power or usefulness during the 2 moments that counted: the literal fucking undead ice zombies attacking, and preventing the dragon from torching the biggest city in the land. of the few lines bran says, already you can spot 2 huge inconsistencies. he says he doesn't want anything, doesn't want to inherit power over winterfell, and then does a complete 360 and says he came all that way to be a candidate for the ruler of westeros.

he says he's the 3ER but then asks that there is no master of whispers at the first small council meeting. these little details aren't little. they show a complete lack of understanding and thinking ability on the part of the showrunners/writers/directors.

keep in mind that bobby b was made king of westeros because ultimately he was the one who defeated the targ heir to the throne. the financier/kingmaker was tywin. in the case of bran, there is no financier...they wanted to give the richest area, the reach, to the dickless soldiers. in the case of bran, he didn't help defeat anything, he didn't help save kingslanding from the dragon even though he had the power to do so, he didn't give useful info on the NK aside from "hahah he wants to kill me because i am the memory of mankind".

what a fucking shitshow. the fact that these people earned millions of dollars is an insult to anyone who has to work for a living. it's an insult to money itself. money is devalued when it is paid to whores and dumbfuck retards like dabid&weiss.

Embarrassing post

need more time

>hmm what should I name the dragon character???
>it better be good, i can't fuck this up
>i know, how about "drogon"

Attached: 23523521312.jpg (202x249, 8K)

Indeed, there's nothing worth reading there, user.
Suck each others cocks, faggots.

>fucknuts
kek

This guy gets it.

Then why are you even replying to his post?

you mad as fuck boi

what a thread

So Drogon is smart enough to have a highschool freshman English level critical lens on the fucking chair he never saw before

But was dumb enough to immolate a fucking city for no fucking reason other than “Dany told him to”

If he was so smart he would have landed and not done a damn thing after she gave him the orders to kill children

Not defending ,
but after reading and I feel like I've lost at least 30 of my IQ score.

bunch of incels getting mad because they don't like to read long paragraphs of text

Admit it, you secretly want to suck his Big Beautiful Black Cock (BBBC).

>Drogon is smart enough to figure out that the Iron Throne is what caused all of this.
Indeed.

Attached: 1558388363279.png (777x1200, 616K)

Game of Thrones is not Conan or Sword & Sorcery
Consequences follow through
People are greedy
Bad people win
Why are you shocked that a monarchy would reassert itself or people would act in their own self interest against what is best?

Attached: moatedcastle_lge.jpg (1400x1400, 2.32M)

i be worried too if a post on an online discussion board made me lose 90% of my IQ nig you better protect what you have left

That's because there is more interesting text you can spend your time reading.

Yeah, there's way too much text in the OP. Somebody needs to learn how to summarize properly.
The fuck is wrong with you people? He merely stated his opinion.

named after khal drogo u brainlet

I THINK Drogon knew from the first meeting that A.) Jon was a Targaryen, and quite possibly even that B.) HE was the legitimate heir to the throne. Yeah, it loved its surrogate mom and was pissed for several reasons, but ultimately it cannot harm Jon.

Attached: Comrade Dyatlov has nothing but contempt for you.jpg (1261x839, 117K)

>nigga I'm not reading this
this is not an opinion, you fucking brainlet.

Reading is for faggots.

No one is arguing those points, were talking about bad writing.

but there is something worth reading. it just needed to be written better (much like the show).

Lolwut?
clearly stated, that in his opinion, the OP is not worth reading. If that's not an opinion, I don't know what else is.

Situational details contribute to suspension of disbelief, which is necessary for a good story. Same goes for plot holes.

do you even watch the show?

Attached: romaniaball_strong.jpg (375x500, 38K)

>didn't read the post
>forms opinion that it's not worth reading
>without reading the post
kys

>Chad doesn't have time to bother reading generic /got/ thread N5778
>Omega-tier virgin redditors desperately white-knight OP

Sad display, really.

based

>implying anything is worth reading on 4 chan

Attached: 1300044776986.jpg (600x600, 35K)

go back

best post ITT

>If you came home and found your father to have killed your mother, would your first instinct be to kill him?
Uh, yeah? That's what instinct does. It's your frontal cortex that knows better justice but that doesn't negate bloodthirst and rage impulses.

tourist faggot spotted

Absolutely fucking based

NO you fuckin idiot. Drogon didn't kill Jon cause of dat TARGARYAN BLOOD he smells. the fuck you think it's gonna kill the only remaining targaryan it knows?!

Attached: 1463449357589.jpg (536x531, 120K)

calling other people "virgins" isn't going to help your incel status dawg. have sex.

Newfriend, don't forget that this ain't reddit. Oh and btw, your posts fucking reeks of onions.

You read way too many Vox and Buzzfeed articles.

Before calling someone else a retard you should probably look in the mirror.

Attached: 10 out of 10.jpg (155x200, 7K)

this thread lol
people getting baited left and right

Is this really all you have? every reply you have made is just telling people to go back or the equivalent. At least call me a faggot or nigger.

Samefag

>At least call me a faggot or nigger.
read the fucking post

I just called your mother a whore. What are you going to do about that, dickless?

God your dense.

Attached: 49601e4a419c53f8ee58e8269f68ad27.jpg (808x606, 54K)

name from khal you moron

pretty sure it's 2 fags and 1 is hyper triggered

I wonder who could be behind this post.

Attached: HUETA GIGLE.jpg (497x497, 86K)

>If you came home and found your father to have killed your mother, would your first instinct be to kill him
yes

>your
hehehehe

this is the only right answer
normalfags and Yea Forumstards alike are such brainlets they can't understand this simple connection between dragons and targs. which further reveals that the show did a shitty job at making it painfully obvious: JON IS AEGON THE LAST REMAINING TARGARYAN MALE, AND DRAGONS DO NOT HARM TARGS.

if they had included a scene in which its revealed dany is pregnant from jon's targ seed, and that dragons love jon because he's a targ, then a lot of things could have been different. but keep in mind who are the showrunners. they don't give a fuck, they already raped and pillaged the show, took their profits and are moving on to the next pop culture franchise to ruin. i hope they fuck star wars into the ground too. i hope dabid goes through a very expensive divorced and has to take on more writing/showrunner jobs, continuing to fuck up every major capeshit and getting more normalfags to hate his tribe.

At least his mother didn't drop him on his head during childbirth and he didn't grow up to be a shit-spouting idiot on a Chinese milk-shaving forum.

I'm with on this one.
OP is a worse writer than J.K. Rowling.

Attached: Thumbs up!!!.jpg (660x440, 36K)

careful now. you know what happens when posts get wordy around here.

>AND DRAGONS DO NOT HARM TARGS
one thing that I am still not settled on is the immunity to fire. Was it just Dany at the moment she had the magic eggs or is it all Targaryens?

Are you American by any chance?

Attached: šokovaný čuník.jpg (359x341, 14K)

Sounds like that would make OP a mediocre writer at worst, considering Rowling is richer than your entire extended family put together.

What is this pic?

based

it is a wee Anglo Saxon house and homesteead in a motte and bailey. That's basically a moat with a hill and a fortification on top. Looks like a CG render for a history class or something. Comfy/10 would live there with Hilda, muh beowuifu

all the anger in this thread...
all because niggers are too dumb to read more than two lines.

it's beautiful

Damn, good one!

nigga im not reading this

cringepost

It really is. We have a few reconstruction efforts for the real thing here in England. Few originals remain though. Glad to live in a place with such history.

The hype was built up over 8 seasons, what it needed was a satisfying way to defeat the Night King that was more than just a random stabbing.

Why are you so angry OP? You seem incapable of making a single post that doesn't follow with a string of edgy insults.

there should ideally have been a night king march on Kings Landing and a dual effort between Cersei and Dany's factions (but of course bitter scheming against one another) to fight him back and a show down in the throne room between him and Jon. Dany dies in the effort, Cersei sees how her selfishness has brought ruin to a world and she is queen over a wasteland, and her and Jamie have a murder suicide scene. Then Jon avenges Dany's death and saves what is left of the kingdoms. He is reluctant, but sits on the throne regardless, ready to put the kingdom back together. Exuant.

Do you fucking realize where you are right now?

The ending should be Peter Dinklage coming out, after a freeze frame - not in costume but as his normal self.
He should look into the camera and say
>it really was a game of thrones
fade to black
>T H E E N D
5 seconds of just blackness
> ?

There's no Saxon Thane simulator then? A damn shame.

internet slapfights like every other thread ever.

literally better than having Professor X get elected king and let Bronn be Reichs Chancellor.

bunch of people mad because reading takes effort

Not defending Op but why do faggots like you reply to threads the you claim to not care about?
And yeah op we get it the season sucked get over it.

>being contratian to the already contrarian hivemind of Yea Forums

>being contrarian to the contrarians of the contrarian hivemind of Yea Forums

tragically no, you can play Kingdome Come Deliverance if you wnat, but that's bohemia. I wish we had more historical game slike that.

One: No shit Yea Forums is retarded when it comes to actual critical analysis. Yea Forums, like many other people who consume media, don't know how to identify weaknesses in writing aside from "plot holes", used incorrectly as a catch-all term for things that don't "make sense" because they expect characters to always act or think in 100% completely rational and logical ways, and it's always framed as obvious in retrospect. A lot of people are shitty at articulating why a story sucks; they just know they didn't like it and latch on to shallow reasons to rationalize their dislike.

Two: Lack of time to properly develop the connective tissue between points in character arcs is what lots of people are trying to say as the last two seasons' weaknesses because the large shifts in character don't "make sense" in the context of the things that have actually happened to them in the story. People can rationalize and infer all sorts of reasons that can then be hung on plot points to draw logical lines between the dots, but there are often large blank spots where the audience is doing a lot of heavy lifting and it feels cheap and artificial as a consequence.

You aren't smart just because you spend 4000 characters saying, "The reason the season sucks is because they didn't do it better."

Attached: 1557298516652.jpg (606x453, 76K)

>This OP
>This thread
>Samefagging for (Yous)
/got/...

Attached: Cunts.jpg (304x166, 9K)