What other late 90s sci-fi kino is out there?

What other late 90s sci-fi kino is out there?

Attached: kino.jpg (438x329, 69K)

Starship Troopers
Pitch Black

Continuum

Sphere
The X Files movie
Men in Black
Event Horizon
Titan A.E.
Iron Giant

Stargate

Event Horizon
hate me?

Attached: 51BJQ7QHPEL._SY445_.jpg (305x445, 35K)

based

dark city with Jennifer ass2ass connely
gattaca

>gattaca
based

motion to include Late 80s - Early 2000s

The Thirteen Floor
The Cell

Wild Wild West

make your own thread faggot

this is my thread now

Attached: predator.png (786x540, 841K)

equilibrium feels 90s then

Attached: 20190517_063627.jpg (1253x1742, 988K)

Attached: 1470567806819.jpg (1376x775, 83K)

alright, minority report.

you should have been aborted

Dark City
The Thirteenth Floor

GATTACA

Attached: Gattaca.jpg (1024x1536, 223K)

aw heeellll naw

cube

the puppet masters
strange days
stargate

I always avoided this because the title and promo images made it look and sound boring. Didn't even think it had much to do with sci-fi.
I learned the truth recently, but still haven't gone back and watched it.

its actually great

It's far from boring, and it's one of the few genuine cyber punk movies we are gonna get.

I agree
it sounds retarded
although it does have Dolph Lundgren
shit
maybe I should watch it

Attached: 4L_Dip5GpBa.jpg (807x471, 46K)

Sphere is surprisingly underappreciated, but on the other hand it still lacks the final punch to make it a classic.

Dark City.

Attached: hero_EB20051106REVIEWS08511060302AR.jpg (1200x500, 92K)

the problem I have with Gattaca is when he gets his manlet to lanklet surgery to be the same height as Jude Law, the Dr. would've seen his scars and no space travel for him.

Or was the Dr. Gregory from the Hilltop in on it the whole time because he had a non genetically engineered son too?

Attached: 20190508_011748.jpg (772x720, 197K)

I don't know dude. They've got mastery over genetic engineering, I'm not sure its a huge suspension of disbelief to think that they might be really good at repairing scars too.

yeah but when he bangs Uma Thurman he shows her his leg scars and says he got hit by a car, any Dr that sees that would do further investigation and know he had manlet surgery

That's why I'm thinking Dr Gregory gave him a pass the whole time because he knew if Ethan Hawke could pull it off and get to space his natty born son could too

Its been a while since I've seen it. I forgot.

Nemesis

Why was there so many 90s movies about false realities? Did they see the Matrix coming and ripped it off or did the general population have fears about living in a false reality or something?

Also 12 Monkeys.

Attached: MV5BMmU1MTJkYWItMzM5Ny00NDgxLTgxOGEtNTkzNDdkZjkwNGI0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDk3NzU2MTQ@._V1_.jpg (1108x1600, 554K)

Popping in with an underrated one, Thirteenth Floor, it’s about simulations

this film taught me to appreciate kino from an early age of 10

Based. Be my friend.

The Phantom Menace
Independence Day
Event Horizon
Ghost in the Shell
Bicentennial Man

>The Phantom Menace

based and kinopilled

First era where the internet was widely available in homes, the internet used to be thought of as a psychical place or virtual world, weirdly, doesn't really happen any more. chat ROOMS and things like that, like a virtual place you were travelling through. I guess it didn't have it's own vernacular in the early days.

There was a massive surge in 'VR' games and shit like that too at the same time.

look it all the kino in this thread and compare it to all the garbage we got in the 2010s

and we're only talking about the 2nd half of the decade

Attached: 1511937491619.jpg (227x245, 29K)

The 6th sense

The Cell is one my favorite movie of the 90's

Yeah and you would hack systems by putting on VR goggles and physically walking around the file system. I prefer our own abstract sense of internet location.

Yeah pretty sure that was the implication. I think the doc even said something to the effect that he always knew Ethan was faking.
Anyway wouldn't it be better to be a manlet if you're going into space?

The doctor was on Hawke's side the whole time because of his natural son.

Hey Mafooney

Fifth Element is fucking trash. Only young edgelord plebes like it. Grow up ffs and better taste in movies OP.

Fury Road, BR2049 and Alita: Battle Angel alone BTFO 1990s scifi. This past decade has bee pretty good actually.

Star Trek: The Next Generation, and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine/Babylon 5

I think it was actually like 2003ish, but Equilibrium is criminally underrated.

Nice

Attached: 1536993803054.gif (155x173, 948K)

>BR2049

Attached: molymeme.png (500x534, 54K)