Most Overrated Show Of All TIme?

Why so much hype? It's a 7/10 at best.

Attached: 4fce0fbc6bb3f73d5b00000e-750.jpg (570x839, 139K)

they were too young for the sopranos

amerifats love meth

I agree, but I also think there are less than 10 shows above a 7, so that's actually pretty good I guess

I really like the cinematography, colors, and acting. Probably my second favorite after Sopranos. I think Sopranos nails everything Breaking Bad does just a tiny. It better. Breaking bad has some really strong moments but they really flounder with Skyler and other side characters.

>normie
>"hah breaking bad was so good, it's like easily a 9/10 for me"
>retarded Yea Forums nigger
>"UH NO ITS LIKE A 7.5/10 AT BEST, IT'S ONLY GOOD NOT GREAT. YOU ARE TOTALLY LIKING IT MORE THAN YOU SHOULD BE"

Attached: 58468320_2339206349697748_5636748960809287483_n.jpg (1080x1350, 178K)

But it had the guy from Malcom in middle! He so funny

nice autism, my man

>I fucked Ted
What did she mean by this?

Attached: cast_bb_700x1000_skyler-white-lg.jpg (700x1000, 81K)

Hasn't aged well

She did poorly at her TED presentation.

I think it's a fun show. Doesn't quite compare to The Wire or The Sopranos but it is still better than the majority of the shit on tv, definitely better than Game of Thrones at least. It has memorable characters but I would have liked to see more of Walt as a drug kingpin. The show portrays him as a crime kingpin but the only time in the show when he truly is one is during the 5th season for a few episodes.

no no it's got several 10/10 episodes

Season 2 was the peak

Stopped liking it once I found out most of the 'clever' writing and foreshadowing was just coincidence and the writers planned none of it.
They didn't even know how the last season would end when they started it.

Holy shit, Gilligan is a fucking hack

Breaking Bad was entertaining, but laughably unrealistic.

Dishonest suspense. Serialized garbage.

Does no one remember how most of the show was merely filler and fakeouts without a real story structure? The writers themselves admitted they just made shit up as they went, and retroactively wrote the plot from audience baiting shocking imagery like the body bags at the White house. Literally had Fairly Odd Parents quality writing where every episode was falsely leading you idiots on with "UH OH DEY GONNA FIND OUT WALTER WHITE IS THE BADDIE GUY"

pretty much. I remember being like 14 and loving Breaking Bad but not really getting the Sopranos because my dopamine loving brain just wanted more over the top drama. Then I watched the Sopranos again when I was a little older and honestly haven't given a shit about BB since.

Not even close. Six Feet Under is way more overrated. Hell, most everything on HBO is overrated and considered good because it was HBO.

I like breaking bad and sopranos, I think I might lean more towards brba because the sopranos ending was weak

DANY: Jon... All the things that I did. You need to understand-

JON: If I have to hear (sob) one more time (sob) that you did this (sob) to break the wheel-

DANY: I did it for me.

DANY: I liked it. I was good at it. And... I was really ... I was alive.

Attached: BRAVO VINCE.png (1366x768, 57K)

>the sopranos ending was weak
lol pleb zoomer

I liked the show at first, but it got really annoying when his family went autismo, he started doing bad shit and Jesse crying like a bitch.

*cuts to black*
So deep and complex is he alive or dead who knows!!!111

f i l t e r e d

Eat my ass, retard

Jesse was a bitch for too much of that show.
I get it, he started as the edgy meth dealer but the dorky teacher was the true monster all along blah blah.
It just got annoying.

AJ soprano was such an insufferable fag it really hurt my ability to enjoy the show

You'll be able to relate when you become a father.

It gets points for the somewhat original concept and execution. Seriously what's the fucking point of watching Sopranos when Goodfellas and the Godfather exist?

>it's popular so it's shit/overrated

Attached: 1555483517360.gif (427x240, 904K)

When I become a father he won't be a faggot anymore? That's quite the magic trick

Why does the nature of how it was written matter? Shouldn’t it stand as it’s own?

What's a 10/10 TV drama?

AMC's award winning television series Hell on Wheels

Treat it as extremely protracted background reading for the true kino of Better Call Saul

It's the most compelling tv drama.

truth.

>breaking bad > sopranos
suck my dick sontrarian Yea Forums faggots.

Attached: 1549706169532.png (888x894, 520K)

There's nothing contrarian about thinking that the Sopranos is better than BB. You are the contrarian when you claim it's other wise.

good thing then i wrote sontrarian and not contrarian

who is this semen demon

No it's 10/10 at best

>IT'S ONLY GOOD NOT GREAT. YOU ARE TOTALLY LIKING IT MORE THAN YOU SHOULD BE
This is true though

>7.5
>decimal ratings
>Yea Forums
Try again.

Based.
"Television" can't hold a candle to Film.
TV is just for self-indulgence, and not for bettering yourself.

>nose ring
check ur eyes

Not a single likeable character in the show. Later seasons felt like they just wanted to deliver curazzy unrealistic drama too which was disappointing

she mean that she felt totally powerless under walt's control and the only way she could gain freedom was by attacking his fragile masculinity.

Its good, but not as good as the average plebbitor makes out.

This

Is the wire even worth getting into? I've never seen it

It shit the bed at the end

The entire 5th season was horrendous.

Just end the show at season 4 and it's actually great.

>TV is just for self-indulgence, and not for bettering yourself.
I'm not above marathoning Miami Vice

Its great up until Gus dies, but it has serious flaws nontheless.

sopranos is shit

>Just end the show at season 4 and it's actually great.
It was supposed to end at season 4. that's what the writers originally intended.

but then AMC didn't want to let go of their cash cow so they made them write another season.

It shows.

I watched the whole thing in a week, so maybe that was not the right way to watch it, but i thought i was shit. Same issue with GoT where there is a lot of aimless plot. Even the end of brining back his business partner was not a thought out thing. The writers admit that it was just just an off the cuff suggestion that led to it.

no. I mean yes its good but now its dated and plauged with proto SJW themes and stronk independent lesbian

no it isn't you fucking phoneposting piece of shit

trips of truth

will this rank among the best tv has to offer?

Attached: BARRY.jpg (600x900, 60K)

easily. all downhill from there.
2 > 1 > 3 > 4 > 5.1 > 5.2

>underage faggot detected
got to be at least 18 to post here bud

absolutely. one of the greatest if not the greatest show of all time. first couple of episodes start out slow, but then it gets going. definitely watch!

>not understanding the ending at all
I wonder if people know they are retarded or if they walk around all their lives thinking how smart they are?

Attached: 1558327835826.jpg (620x368, 18K)

Breaking Bad would've been better on HBO.

Attached: 44FC47E9-9A2A-427C-BCFE-A94A361CC88A.png (586x528, 10K)

Dropped Breaking Bad because every single character pissed me off.

Based

This will never be overrated as long as people keep bringing up The Wire and Sopranos as the two best shows ever and somehow think they have taste.

>filtered zoomer
haha

is the upcoming season of saul the last? BB only had 5 seasons

True Detective as well.

>I have no argument, so I'll just throw a buzzword at him, that'll tell him!

there is a reason why gus could run a successful enterprise and walt struggled

uh no? It's because she's a woben and wobeen are dumb and whores

can you provide any examples?
oh yeah they totally write, film and edit the series week to week in response to audience reactions

stop making up shit. they never intended to end it at 4. the story isn't over and his downfall isn't shown and nothing is resolved except for the gus plotline.

>seething zoomer
lmao

Probably the Wire. The first couple seasons are great but it's hard to say it's THAT good when the last season jumps the shark so much.

I didn't make anything up, I just stated that the curation of season 5, to the tune of disinclusion is a good thing.

His downfall doesn't need to be shown either.
You're undoubtedly a European and I'd be wildly surprised if you can comprehend westerns.

>Just end the show at season 4 and it's actually great.

Do people actually think this? Yeah, let's just end the show without a proper conclusion, because beating Gus was all that mattered in the first place.

Everything that is about mobs, gangsters or thugs or corrupt cops is shit.

The Shield
The Wire
Sopranos
Breaking Bad
Better Call Reddit
Its all shit

>dude where are the dragons??? lmaooo

The only thing that mattered was providing safety and financial security for his family.

Killing Gus is the culmination of that. The rest doesn't matter.
And anyone that considers "I won" a happy ending is retarded.

*ahem*

Attached: gale.jpg (480x360, 12K)

game of thrones is also shit, so no your strawman doesn't work.
before you ask, the best show on TV was The Big Bang Theory.

The Shield is good though, and it had a good ending

>I don't think sopranos is the best show ever
>in the very few times I voiced this opinion I almost got fucking whacked
what it is with sopranos?

Breaking Bad, Sopranos and The Wire are objectively 10/10 television.

wow you missed the point of the show hard

Watch season 1 and 2 then from Ozymandis to the finale. Congratulations, you saved yourself hours of your time. Granted, you would only have wasted it anyway, but still.

Guys why is it so easy to trigger boomer retards?
Based and redpilled

>Walt becomes breaks bad
>at the end of the show he is a bad guy

Imagine being this butthurt because you can't appreciate a great ending unless its spooned to you.

No wonder TV is so degenerate.

it was never about providing security to his family and that is clear from season 1 especially.

Remember the scene with Walt buying the machine gun at the beginning of season 5? The writers admitted that they wrote that scene without actually knowing what we was going to do with it.

It’s a 10/10 at least, pleb

What is your point? Writers in all fictional mediums create new plot points out of thin air. Some writers create the ending first and build to it, others pull the story as they go along without an ending in mind.

Creating plot points as you go along while still making a satisfying conclusion is far more impressive than having a conclusion in mind and filling in the blanks.

Consistency is the key to writing, they were always very consistent. I get the impression that you have never written fiction and think you have a reasonable gripe because its a different writing style than you would use if you decided to.

This is how most TV show are written, you brainlet.
Do you honestly think TV showrunners spend 10+ years working on a meticulous, carefully plotted outline and get to stick to it 99% of the time when they work on a show for god knows how many years?
No, of course not. That's because anything can happen in production, including management shuffling, actors dropping out, political climate shifts, etc. Part of managing good TV is to be able to improvise under new circumstances and bob and weave with the outside factors, not simply writing le 10/10 scripts years in advance and sticking to it autistically without planning for unforeseen production troubles in the long term.

So you're literally attacking Breaking Bad for something that 99% of TV shows have to deal with. This is how retarded you sound right now.
Kill yourself.

>hey wouldn’t it be cool if Walt bought a machine gun?
A year later
>ah shit, I forgot we made a scene with Walt buying a machine gun, hey guys how do we tie that in?
Yeah brilliant strategy, writing yourself into a corner and luckily figuring out a way to make it work.

>Yeah brilliant strategy, writing yourself into a corner and luckily figuring out a way to make it work.
And your endless whining and bitching about it won't change the fact that it's a valid writing strategy and it's pretty much an accepted reality that TV writers have to learn to deal with when working in the industry, for the reasons I stated in my previous post.

Just stop. You're so fucking dumb it hurts.

Pick a work of fiction and I could literally do the same thing.

Most book writers do the exact same thing, they'll think of a way around their writing, go back and insert the item and add minimal foreshadowing.

The problem with TV is that its permanently shot season by season. It's one-and-done, so its easier to spot. The fact that they were able to make a great conclusion borrowing from their earlier foreshadowing shows masterful writing far better than most novelists.

Easiest example I can think of at the top of my head is the light relic Frodo gets from the Elvish queen. Pretty obvious that was not originally a thing during Tolkien's first draft. Its given to him with ambiguous practicality and not really mentioned until its used randomly to get out of a couple pickles.

You literally have never written a fictional story worth reading in your life, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Stay butt-frustrated.

Lost. Breaking Bad was at least pretty good, Lost was just shit that people pretend to like because it would be embarrassing to admit that you spent six years to watch shit that went nowhere.

He's one of those contrarians that doesn't stop to think of the logic behind his contrarianism so he just repeats his stupid opinions ad nauseum and think that it's valid because reasons.
Any one who has actually written fiction knows that there's no science or magic formula to good writing. You could start off with something simple as a basic sentence with no context and hedge out an amazing story from there, OR you could create a long and autistic outline years in the making and use that as a foundation or skeleton of your story.
Either way is valid, so long as the actual writing itself and execution is being handled by an experienced storyteller.

300 IQ post.

I love listening to writers talk about their process because each writer is unique in some way or another.

>there are actual people who thought the breaking bad conclusion was good

Attached: 1532755716483.jpg (252x221, 19K)

Obvious samefagging Zoomer

Truth is it started out very strong but didn't know how to finish and by s6 it was a fucking shit show dues ex bikers and the mexicunt cartel suddenly doesn't exist
Stupid way to end the show. The end scene was kino but everything set in motion since 6a was garbage