Did you think her descent into madness was rushed? Be honest

Did you think her descent into madness was rushed? Be honest.

Attached: 41af1c60a1387e1c7f2e7ac012e5fc468eb38cb334fd86069a97d289aa160e41fb2dd941c5cfb9a2c2059a6b673e0fb3-155 (480x479, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

georgerrmartin.com/notablog/2019/05/20/an-ending/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes. It's been built up and hinted towards far more in the books but the show played her up as a righteous hero too much that only ever hurt bad people and her enemies so the turn doesn't make sense.

You think maybe its time to move on?

Mad Dany is cute but yes, it was rushed as fuck. SHe was ruthless and shit but all the randomly burning kids and ignoring her enemies shit was fucking retarded, there are a million ways she could have gone obvious full-blown villain or pyschopath better. D&D can't write or pace plot for shit.

No shit retard.
The show made it seem like a dilemma between letting all the Lannister soldiers go or her burning the entire city, man woman and child, to the ground.
Why didn't she just fly to the Red Keep and burn out Cersei?
Why did she need to FUCKING METHODICALLY BURN EVERY STREET?
Because shitty writing.
They failed to make a dilemma that had any sort of issue
For Dany it was accept the victory or burn children. I'm not even fucking exaggerating. That's what it was. And she chose burn children. Why? Why the fuck? The show doesn't even recognize that choice. They act like it was just a natural but cruel part of conquering. No one said "Why did you burn innocent children?" Jon just fucking stabbed her after 20 minutes

I agree, though I feel like the books won't be so much a "descent into madness" so much as her justifying the horrible things she'll do. She did awful things to innocent people in the book and started growing more sociopathic over time, not full of crazy like in the show.

No, we got plenty of hints since season 1.

No. We know she can be impulsive and cruel, and even though she never killed innocents on a scale like this before, it's easy to see why her anger and depression from losing nearly EVERYONE important to her and having her lover reject her on top of that would drive her off the deep end. Dumb & Dumber were actually subtle for once, but I guess people are so accustomed to their shitty writing they couldn't catch the nuance.

it was stupid tbqh

Producers were just not intelligent enough for this series, sadly

Yes, but that's true for everything else in the show as well

Course it was. They had to go work on Star Warz

Attached: 87897654.jpg (640x865, 75K)

She was an entitled cunt from day 1

Just have her burn the red keep and have that set off the wildfire caches. Same result but Dany isn't a crazy cunt. I mean shes just keeps burning people in the scene, it's so thorough and apparently she didn't have any remorse for it. Does she even justify burning them after they surrendered?

>top panel
they REALLY said that? where?

But then Jon seems inane for killing her.
D&D wrote the end with GRRM's final notes in mind
But they kinda forgot them in the previous seasons

>Just have her burn the red keep and have that set off the wildfire caches.
Dabid n Dabid would have just done that if they weren't rushing half out the door to further rape Star Wars' corpse so they handed the ghostwriting off to some fuckin interns
Every fucking plot from Season 8 was rushed as all Hell and before that you hadf other rushed shit like Stannis suddenly getting BTFO and being a retarded monster. The "reason" for every plot going the way it does is speedrun to get this fucking bullshit over with and fuck you viewers, that's why.

She turns into a genocidal cartoon villain within the span of an hour. Yeah, there was plenty of "fire and blood" foreshadowing in the past, but that doesn't substitute actually properly showing what leads to it happening.

She goes from being so horrified at her dragons killing a kid that she locks them in a crypt to indiscriminately firebombing thousands of civilians with basically no time given to anything in between.

It could have been great if developed properly, but instead it just ends being kind of stupid.

Yes. Anakin's turn to the dark side was less comical.

Yes top panels real. If you watch the behind the episodes them not knowing or giving a fuck is 10 times more obvious than just watching the show somehow. They shoot down reasonable fan explanations and explain that no things happened for no reason, they forgot all this shit about the story and characters, they contradict themselves, etc the fans do the heavy lifting to defend them then behind the episode is "nah we're just shit"

I want to marry her

Attached: 1558324685624.jpg (587x683, 48K)

>top panel
which episode then ?

Here's a better question:
Was there anything in the last two seasons that wasn't rushed?

Na nigga, it ain’t like that

>it's easy to see why her anger and depression from losing nearly EVERYONE important to her and having her lover reject her on top of that would drive her off the deep end.
I agree but we needed a full season to explore that downward spiral. I didn't like that it was a literal on/off switch to mad queen.

It would have been interesting if they had done something like Dany (accidentally) setting off the wildfire and burning KL to the ground and then Jon kills her thinking she did it on purpose.

Everything in the last season felt rushed desu.

>They had to go work on Star Warz
I hope they get fired after Disney realizes what hacks they are.

Yes. Not only that but a lot of things were rushed -- a lot of main character deaths/arcs were boring, contrived, uninteresting and I think that's largely to do with not enough time being given to flesh out the sequences prior to these events. Same goes for loose ends being tied up at the end of the show... everything is decided in like 5 minutes in one place at one time. Jon Snow's fate is decided off camera. Seventh season should have been ten episodes and ended with the NK being defeated. Eighth season should have been ten episodes and slowly followed her descent into madness.

They were literally nobodies before GOT and GOT was only good when they had source material. As soon as they had to do it on their own it turned to absolute shit. They're garbage.

It's a little obvious the season was supposed to be split into 2. One to handle the Night King, and the next to handle the fallout and the rise of Daenerys into a tyrant.

The real winner of the game of thrones

Attached: the-actor-who-played-robin-arryn-in-game-of-thron-2-15993-1558482346-0_dblbig.jpg (625x415, 229K)

>She goes from being so horrified at her dragons killing a kid that she locks them in a crypt to indiscriminately firebombing thousands of civilians with basically no time given to anything in between.

Except for when she:

>loses Jorah
>loses two of her dragons
>loses Missandei
>gets betrayed by her remaining advisors >gets rejected by her lover who is also the true heir to the throne and has a bigger following than her at this point

I legitimately don't understand why people have a hard time comprehending why someone prone to violent revenge would go as far as killing thousands of innocent people if they were put under these exact circumstances. I literally can't fathom why people would think this isn't a natural response from a character like Dany.

Are we watching the same show?

Attached: 1558141596225.jpg (860x480, 51K)

What is it about insane women that gets men's dicks hard? Like this bitch would probably drown her kids in the bathtub but for some reason I want to impregnate her. Wtf evolution?

Bigger question is how did she expect people to see her as a legitimate ruler after burning down everything after they surrendered. Sure their would be fear but it would also cause untold furry that a person claiming to be legitimate just suddenly burned down everything. I wonder if the entire kingdom is in some sort of open revolt due to this and having three different leaders with the most recent one being a cripple.

Is that a trick question?

The Vale would be the only kingdom that isn't starving to death at the end. He really did win.

Daenerys walking up Dragonstone.

It was predictable but yes, it was. With her sudden acting chops it could've been so much better. What a fucking waste.

>>loses Jorah
>>loses two of her dragons
>>loses Missandei
>>gets betrayed by her remaining advisors >gets rejected by her lover who is also the true heir to the throne and has a bigger following than her at this point
All in 2 weeks span? again this doesn't make sense other than shit writing.

And how can a Dragon get soloed that easy and next day he soloes that same weapon in even bigger numbers?

Hell, even in s08e03 she and Jon were all superheroes and heroic to the very end, I think 1 week passed from that to ep5 at best

>rushed
No, women can turn on a dime.

>untold furry

Attached: eaf979703cd60789e362136c83b7f5a2.jpg (1280x720, 69K)

Noone has a hard time, it's just it feels rushed and forced when it's done so quickly ontop of eachother.

shots of people silently and slowly walking around in front of a gray background, shots of darkness where no viewers can see anything, shots of character rearranging some furniture, slow motion shots of arya being teleporting psssh nuthin persssonel and having buildings fall on her fifty times but she's fine

>Seventh season should have been ten episodes and ended with the NK being defeated
This would have kept the NK defeat from feeling so anticlimactic because the season ending on the dead breaking through the wall built it up to impossible expectations.

That's not the issue. The issue is they played up the feminist angle too much to market to fat chicks. It wasn't so much that it was rushed, as that they did a bait and switch to make the show more popular and bend to either female pressure or HBO pressure. Who knows.

The subtly needed to be there more in the mid seasons. I think the Jon romance also kind of threw off the ambition of her arc, and muddled the issue a bit too much. Some say Martin will have Dany sack Kings Landy and then fight the night king, but who the fuck really knows.

But no, it wasn't rushed. It was always there - the writing just didn't make it crystal for idiots.

Attached: 1558502321482.jpg (1280x1707, 665K)

D&D are the ones not watching the same show

man all that shit happening in 5 min is part of the problem
>The Big Bad is the Night KiOH HE"S DEAD
>The Big Bad is CerseOH ROCKS FALL SHE'S DEAD
>The Big Bad is DaOH CLICHE LOVER SHIT SHE'S DEAD ALREADY
>we have five minutes left quick let's invent democracy sorry electoral monarchy wow whoops BRAN IS KING why the fuck oh Arya is Columbus it's her life's dream I guess anyway watch the spin-offs and buy merch and books but they'll never be finished BYE!

The better twist at this point would be several battles with NK and he wins all of them

What feminist angle? Is a woman being remotely powerful suddenly feminist? It's a fucking fantasy show.
There was no bait and switch, in fact the only people who feel this way are third wave feminists, so it's very much the opposite.

>Seasons 1-7

Was pretty on track.

>Season 8

Was more rushed than the Russia-Trump collusion narrative. Last two episodes had to do the work meant for four.

Attached: daenarys the violence has escalated.png (940x1039, 691K)

Nig it's not the fact it happened, it was just shit. Anakin and the Lich King were both brilliant execution by comparision, this was lowest shit tier heel turn in execution not concept. What she did was just dumb as shit.

I mean you could show a whole season of the NK killing people. They did Hardhome, which was one of the best episodes, and I the wall falling. I think they did enough to establish the NK.

The entirety of season 8 consists of every plotline crashing into a brick wall.

Muh "Padme will die in childbirth" schtick was kinda weak, but I guess they were trying to make him turn evil for the best possible reasons.

Personally, I wanted him to turn to the Dark Side to defeat some even more terrible evil.

Attached: lord vader.jpg (796x1000, 402K)

Wall falling should have been an entire battle

>I didn't like that it was a literal on/off switch to mad queen.

It wouldn't have made sense if it was gradual. Dany is a highly impulsive character and equally prone to dramatic mood swings, the fact that she's all alone is bound to make her that much more volatile.

I think there are too many people in this thread who lack perspective. Imagine being practically worshipped for years and being told you're the true heir only to find out you're not really the heir and that all your most trusted advisors and friends have died just when you've almost made it to the end, and when your enemies have finally surrendered, coming to the realization that none of it actually mattered.

They didn't. A long winter starting and time skip as it spread over Westeros and the undead actually had an impact on the whole region would have made the White Walkers worth paying attention to, instead they just popped in and out at Winterfell, most of Westeros will never know or care that they actually existed. They had no effect on the plot and the whole White Walker waste of time should have unironically been cut from the series. So should Dany. She didn't matter, Jon didn't matter, the WW didn't matter, Dorne really didn't fucking mattter

>Last two episodes had to do the work meant for four.
I disagree. I think the last three episodes could have been stretched to a full 10 episode season.

All those tragedies happening in such a short timespan is exactly why it's believable. I'd definitely lose my shit if I lost everyone important to me so quickly.

Well gee brainlet.. which feminist angle would that be?

>sansa killing littlefinger for no good reason
>Brienne killing stannis poorly

But more specifically the way Dany was painted in the media and the show as a feminist icon, IE a positive liberator and stonk female, when in reality she was a twisted cunt who murdered thousands, and had massive entitlement issues.

Even the fucking episode where she burns the Horse guys she came out looking like Luke Skywalker instead of Darth Vader. Maybe don't romanticize her fucking position so much if you're deconstructing power and making her the next hitler with tits.

Third wave feminist run the media sweetie. They control and force the discussion. Just like 90's shows pandering to gays because it's a new market to sell to, shows and films pander to SJWs to make money. DUH.

I would have loved to see Dany be evil and more malicious and hateful all through 6,7, and 8 BUT THEY DIDN'T HAVE THE FUCKING BALLS TO DO IT THAT WAY.

They didn't want to turn off fat chicks until they had to.

Attached: d348b9586cae151077e1d12a9d14231fde26f3b1c7a5a2d7a4fd1219f68684a0.jpg (447x600, 177K)

You didn't see shutter Island

Dorne should have been cut yes. I think the Reek storyline should have been drastically cut back too. There are lots of things we could have cut for a bigger and better ending but fuck it - it's done.

Only if you are trying to be edgy for the sake of it. GoT used to be better than that.

>I wanted him to turn to the Dark Side to defeat some even more terrible evil.
Hmm...

Attached: RjZNQZ.gif (320x180, 940K)

absolutely, it was horribly executed, I knew it would happen but they pretty much did the worst job they could at portraying it to troll Dany fans.

I mean you're essentially just complaining about media being retarded. A couple of weeks ago you were probably seething about Dany not going full mad queen and now she does and you still find a reason to bitch and whine.

Sansa was pretty much all feminist bait. A girl like that would never just become powerful and a badass. I doubt Martin will even write it that way either.

Attached: 577d97f71500002c006c9fa2.jpg (580x358, 57K)

Sansa was one of the only well written characters that survived, she went through enough bullshit, I was happy she finally got something out of it.

Nah, she goes from never touching an innocent to going out of her way to do so.
It'd be in character to have her blinded by rage and just plow through everything to get to her, but it's just lazy writing to have a character and in the span of an episode she becomes someone else entirely because all the shit that happened to her in that small span.

Even suddenly burning the innocent in Kings Landing could have worked if they had spent more time exploring her mental state. Make the audience understand that she could be capable of something like that. It just felt so forced.

They only truly hinted at her madness when she burnt Sam’s dad and brother. Her madness level was at like a 4 and went straight to 10 when she was rejected her dose of nephew dick

NO BUT SHE'S A WOMAN AND SHE IS STRONG

Nah I loved the salt. Why would I complain when that's what I said I wanted to see sooner. Brainlet.

I'm complaining about the TV runners and writers twisting the narrative to make the women seem more powerful and badass than they need to be to appeal to demographics. None of the men in the show were painted in such broad and two dimensional colors. They were all assholes, rapists, and heavily flawed. Brienne was full noble bright with no flaws. Sansa was an abuse story who took revenge on her abusers, they didn't even play up the fact that she basically helped get her father killed and deserved a lot of the shit that happened to her.

I could go on and on. Dany was painted as a slave liberator, and a dragon tamer, and a woman not to be fucked with. THERE WAS NO SUBTLE nature to her and no depth.

Get fucked.

Attached: Where+are+your+brainlet+images+fj_d237bc_6691842.jpg (692x800, 73K)

People who think it's rushed are the ones that didn't want it to happen. Simple as that.
We have had years of building up her character as somebody who is a ruthless judge jury and executioner. In Astapor she murders every single non enslaved civilian like it's nothing because she thinks she is morally superior.

She has a god complex, the ability to nuke city and in this point made to feel unworshiped. This was always going to happen

>Why didn't she just fly to the Red Keep and burn out Cersei?
E X A C T L Y
they all hated her anyway and knew she was not there by legitimate means.

USA trying to do a normie poll had 60% of normies hating the end of Season 8, fan spaces have an even higher percent hating it in some places online, I'd say when the majority of your loyal audience things these eps were shit you probably did something wrong. These are they same people giving the series 95% approval before suddenly dropping at or below 40% approval so something obviously happened to change that decade of love and goodwill, man.

People who think it's just about Dany are wrong though, it was most of the plots that were a problem, and not just this season.

Having all that shit happen to someone in that small of a time span is more than enough to change a person for the worst.

Again, Dany is a volatile character who acts on impulse and emotion. It only makes sense that her turn would unfold in the same way.

She wasn’t burning them she was liberating them

Strong is not a word I would use to describe Sansa. She learned intrigue from Littlefinger one of the biggest pussies on the entire show. Up until the very end she was getting cucked by Dany forced to feed her horde of eastern rapist cannon fodder. She went from being a stupid princess to intelligent and pragmatic leader, but Arya and Dany were "strong" and much more poorly written, and I am saying this as an Aryafag, she lived but at what cost? Arya became an anime character while Sansa finally got what was pretty much owed to her and finally got to make the Northern kingdoms independent. Probably the only arc that wasn't done badly.

Her arc was fine, in fact it pissed off a lot of feminists because she attributed all her growth to being raped and abused for so long.

The Littlefinger plot was retarded I agree, but that's just shit writing, not a feminist conspiracy. I thought Brienne killing Stannis was hilarious though.

The way she painted in the media is not the show's fault, it was very obvious. Yea Forums massively exaggerated the number of fans who felt "baited and switched" anyways, only a couple of idiots on twitter were fooled.

>People who think it's rushed are the ones that didn't want it to happen.

M8 I can tell you the majority of casuals and regular watchers though it was rushed and the majority don't give a flying fuck about Dany and didn't give a shit what happened to her. If she'd fallen into the ocean and drowned they would have been happier, not so many main plotlines crashing and burning (no pun intended).

Everything was fucking rushed. Most people didn't want to see the White Walkers win but thought it was rushed when they lost anyway.

True enough.

Although they really should've switched the Night King storyline and Fall of Daenerys in continuity.

The Mad Queen who does nothing but rain fire and blood upon the Earth going up against the Nigger Killer and his endless night.

Alternatively, they could've ended the series with the Night King bypassing/destroying Winterfell with ease and marching South toward King's Landing where Cersei burns the city with Wildfire to rob the Army of the Dead of their prize before committing suicide. Daenerys, horrified at the destruction of King's Landing and realizing how many have been slain in the name of attaining absolute power, orders Drogon to destroy the Iron Throne, declaring she doesn't need it and that she will rule as a woman of the People.

That was honestly how I expected the series to end.

Attached: Bran Stark campaign logo.png (500x308, 290K)

>Alternatively, they could've ended the series with the Night King bypassing/destroying Winterfell with ease and marching South toward King's Landing where Cersei burns the city with Wildfire to rob the Army of the Dead of their prize before committing suicide
I expected something like this too.

There's no arguing with this level of retard. Have sex.

The bitch was waving red flags all over the place from season 1 onwards.
If you couldn't see that then you are yet another low IQ pleb who probably named a kid after her.

>they didn't even play up the fact that she basically helped get her father killed and deserved a lot of the shit that happened to her.
So the scene where Arya threatens her life went completely over your head?

It would have been much better had they slipped in little snippets of it a few more seasons prior

I haven't read the books, but I still saw the turn coming a long time ago. It was still rushed though. The show probably had enough content for 10 seasons but they crammed it into 8 so they could fuck off and write their gay star wars movies

Rushed
Almost all her earlier violent outburts were yass kueen slay moments and she only harmed morally questionable people. There was literally no reason to burn King's Landing. Maybe if they had failed to ring the bells it might be more excusable.
Even the time where she executed innocent Meereenese nobles could be excused because they were still slavers.
I think executing the Tarlies was one of the few evil moments she had that counts as actual buildup. But they failed to capitalize on it and made Sam totally apathetic to their deaths.

>Why did you burn innocent children?" Jon just fucking stabbed her after 20 minutes
Jon literally screams at her about the burning children just moments before stabbing her

Nah she was amazing up until around the time after she burned down Astapor. I kinda forget what happened after that, I need to rewatch, but that shit got me off.

Attached: 1553261280843.gif (167x170, 1.32M)

ya faggot the questionwas "did they rush the plot" not "did you see it coming"

did I see the night king (others white walkers whatever) getting beaten? fuck you from the first fucking chapter of the first book, was it rushed as hell? hell yes. don't be a faggot

Yeah, I always assumed that Daenerys would be written so that she struggles with Targaryen madness, but eventually learnt the lesson that she needed to become an actually good ruler. That the madness is not necessarily mental illness, but the lust for absolute power. And that in order to break the "Wheel" that she despises so much, she would have to give up her desire for that power.

Cersei on the other hand, is completely consumed by her lust for absolute power and resolves to destroy King's Landing if she can't have it, so that no one else will.

I never thought until Season 8 Episode 3 and 4 that Daenerys would be the one to succumb to madness.

Attached: Krispy King's Landing.jpg (1440x960, 246K)

But we're usually atleast there to see it, this show used to take time. We spent multiple episodes to watch other characters change over the same amount of time but now they fucked their pacing.
What's unbelievable is less that Dany was reduced to it, and more how it was presented to us was so unsatisfying that we refused to take. Dany has lost before, even at a far more immature state and didn't resort to this. She lost her husband, child, and was made barren all through the betrayal of a woman she believed was her ally, and only resorted to obvious retribution when she could've did what she did in the finale. Give us the proper time to see why this is different and see her descent up close rather than off camera and hearsay from other characters.

>I never thought until Season 8 Episode 3 and 4 that Daenerys would be the one to succumb to madness.
I knew just because she was willing to set massive fires to entire cities for whatever reason she could justify but the thing is, up until this season she pretty much WAS justified. Yes she needed to burn the Tarlys for defying her in front of an audience. Yes she needed to kill Tyrion for doing the same thing. You can't have people dissing you in front of your entire goddamn army, that's common sense.

>and made Sam totally apathetic to their deaths

Except Sam is the first one to plant the thought in Jon Snow's head that Daenerys is not fit to rule.

Attached: Game of Thrones ending.jpg (1200x868, 460K)

Yes
>Give us the proper time to see why this is different and see her descent up close rather than off camera and hearsay from other characters.
Yes

Definitely but it has put my brain in a tailspin because while I wanted Daenerys to become ruthless and fulfill her destiny I do believe they shot themselves in the foot by ending this show with 8 seasons instead of a definitive 10. With the 8th season, they could have devoted a lot of time to building up Euron and Victarion, and introducing Young Griff into the fold -- new players in the field who actually present a new threat to the throne instead of this contrived three-way they did between Jon/Dany/Cersei with the Night King literally tacked on for mid-season filler whose only purpose for existing was so that he could steal a dragon and kill "half" of the North's army and the Unsullied. Sure, he looked cool, but that's one of the reasons this show went to shit -- because things needed to "look cool" to impress the normies and get those viewership numbers up.

The second half of Season 8 should have been solely devoted to the Long Night and the battle with the Others. Either end it there or get close to the end of that arc. This is where they could have started to show signs of psychological unrest within Daenerys -- planting the seeds for her downfall.

9 would be entirely devoted to killing off Cersei; Euron's takeover, and fAegon's invasion of King's Landing with the Golden Company. Should have gotten the cliffnotes from Fat Fuck and filled in the blanks as best as they could, but Dabid decided to omit these characters entirely and turn Euron into a "lol finger in the bum" circus clown; and that's another reason why this season felt so fucking convoluted. The finale of Season 9 would have culminated with Dany destroying King's Landing -- either by accident or on purpose.

10 should have began how Season 8 ended with Dany's new dynasty; by now she's completely driven over the edge because the people despise her. The dragon has awoken in Daenerys and the entire season should have been dedicated to her rise and fall.

Attached: Targaryenriech.jpg (1400x1048, 760K)

She crucified people. She burned prisoners of war. She allowed her wild dragons to run free without regard for public safety, resulting in them burning small children to death. She annihilated Kings Landing to make a point.

The whole narrative purpose of Dany is to make you question what you are willing to tolerate from your heroes if you are told that what they are doing is right. If the people she is doing these things to have different values or beliefs to you, do you value their lives less than you do people you can better relate to?

This was always where Dany had to end up. Slaughtering people, as she has always been willing to do, but doing it on your own doorstep and asking you “how do you love me now?”

mq

I mean arguably, Sam Tarly is just as responsible for killing Daenerys as Arya and Tyrion are, because he was the first one to plant the seed of doubt in Jon Snow's head. A seed that ultimately culminated in her death.

Attached: Reichsfuhrer Targaryen.jpg (1024x470, 227K)

Should've retextured the flags black

Sam said what he said because he knew it was the truth. He also is the type of guy to prioritize the truth over lesser evils.

>she only harmed morally questionable people

Watch the show you absolute fucking retards.

The Masters of Meereen weren't "morally questionable", they were literally born that way and raised to believe their culture was the norm. They were all fucking crucified for it.

She literally burns a noble alive because she thought he might - with zero evidencex mind you - have been connected to the resistance group that was trying to kill her.

She burned King's Landing because she's a crazy bitch prone to violent outbursts when things don't quite go as planned, which in this case happened to be the deaths of everyone important to her and the betrayal of everyone else.

imo it was obvious she was a power tripping cunt from the very first episode but yeah it was stupid

Don't waste your time on these myopic zombies. These people were brainwashed since birth. The agents of chaos got them by the balls.

If you couldn't extrapolate "no" from that explanation then you might be a low IQ pleb.

It also happens to women.
A lot of serial killers have a ton of female fans.
Hell, there's an entire community in Tumblr full of tumblrinas who worship and write fanfiction about those two guys who commited the Columbine High School Massacre.

she's lost dozens of ppl before. genocide of innocents never crossed her mind, retard.

>they were literally born that way and raised to believe their culture was the norm. They were all fucking crucified for it.
Good
>She literally burns a noble alive because she thought he might - with zero evidencex mind you - have been connected to the resistance group that was trying to kill her.
Do you mean the Tarlys?
>She burned King's Landing because she's a crazy bitch prone to violent outbursts when things don't quite go as planned, which in this case happened to be the deaths of everyone important to her and the betrayal of everyone else.
This is what we're all discussing, whether or not this is due to bad writing (it is)

Hybristophilia is seen as a female exclusive mental illness because women are far less likely to cause actual damage. The show depicts a fantasy world where her crazy bullshit can actually pose a threat and that's what has people all fucked up.

Anakin turning to the dark side because of attachments actually makes sense considering what was said in previous episode, plus lines up perfectly with his decision to save Luke in RotJ. Actually, there were even more reasons for his turn but George ended up cutting them since the movie would have been over 4 hours long or some shit, like Jedi treating him like shit, Palpatine convincing that the Jedi are attempting to coup the senate, etc.

>loses Missandei

No one seems to notice that Missandei's last words were "Dracarys". Which was basically a call for Daenerys to burn the city.

Had her last words been something sentimental like "remember who you are" or "never become her", Daenerys might've chosen somewhat differently (i.e. destroying the Red Keep but sparing the rest of the city).

yes, the entire season i felt like half the show was happening off screen

>"never become her"
You mean "him" as in the mad king? And I doubt Missandei would have given a shit because she was from Essos and had no idea how a ruler like the mad king would have been a problem; she has seen far worse. Dany was basically raised among the culture of people from Essos and also has no investment in whether or not people think she's crazy, other than the fact that she doesn't want to *appear* as if she is.

It wasn't rushed, they knew where her character was gonna go, they purposefully bait and switched the audience by removing her depth and grey morality, making her a Mary Sue feminist character, then flipped her in 2 episodes for shock value. They really hit you over the head with it by making her literally Hitler afterward, completely remorseless, they can't do nuance at all.
They did this because they're incapable of writing a Walter white style character fall, suck at writing complex characters in general, wanted to pander to women in the meantime then create controversy like the red wedding, which was defining of this show. If danerys was actually developed it wouldn't be as shocking as it was, but the red wedding actually earned it's shock value, you can shit on any character and make it shocking that's not good writing
They did the same thing with stannis, make characters do something uncharacteristically evil because the plot said so, the plot which itself sucks, he's telling his daughter he loves her then burning her alive 1 episode later for no reason. It's not shocking when Walter white kills the witnesses in prison for example, it's actually developed
I'm interested how George does this though, "breaking the wheel" unironically is good, in that world hundreds of thousands of people die in Roberts rebellion and the wot5k, all over pretty squabbling between nobles, if she just goes mad or power hungry or if it's a trolley problem type situation it's interesting. Joffrey was right

You said she only harmed morally questionable people, which is absolutely not the case. Slavemasters that were born into being slavemasters can't be morally responsible for the circumstances of their birth. They were never taught otherwise.

Dany saw the entirety of King's Landing as the enemy, so she burned them. They're not that far of a cry from the Masters of Meereen.

>Slavemasters that were born into being slavemasters can't be morally responsible for the circumstances of their birth.
>if you were born into a culture of owning slaves you're incapable of questioning whether or not slavery is morally correct, even when the slaves are treated worse than animals
Regardless, who gives a fuck?

Attached: 1527984067989.gif (200x200, 948K)

Good way of saying bullshit. Expectation subverted friend. Lets just leave at that because you are on here every night with this shit as if you work for them

Go back to red d it . You belong there.

wow.. you really didn't get that scene did you?

You're not incapable, but you ARE highly highly unlikely to question it. There would be very little, if any, precedent to make you think it's wrong. It's embedded in your culture and upbringing.

So to answer your original question, Dany was always willing to view perfectly innocent people as guilty enemies if it meant justifying her megalomaniacal actions.

HBO hands off a blank check to DnD to make as many episodes as they want and instead of just pulling in some Literally Whos to keep doing the episodes they end one of the biggest television shows of the decade with about as much grace as a loud fart in a indoor funeral so they can work on some Star Wars movies that people aren't going to give a shit about after Episode 9 is over with

Attached: 3k9xopnj9tqz.jpg (900x600, 91K)

Knew she she was a little off when she beheaded that slave for killing the captured Son of the Harpy guy.

All season 8 was rushed.

>Commoner murders a very important prisoner of a reigning Monarch
>OH MY GOSH SHE KILLED HIM SHES CRAZY

Attached: 084.png (600x512, 259K)

So much fucking this

I'm sick of libtards painting this shit as if it was a work of art when in every episode there was some form of man shaming. The IQ dropped in every room Sansa was in because she had to be smarter than everyone. Ayra in a matter of months become some super ninja with zero emotions. Dany was the poster child for white feminist liberals. So was Cersei because it was her time. The sand snakes story, the iron islands bullshit. All of it made men look incompetent and weak. Plus the execs are known male feminist SJW's. This series had agenda written all over it

>You're not incapable, but you ARE highly highly unlikely to question it. There would be very little, if any, precedent to make you think it's wrong. It's embedded in your culture and upbringing.
Well I stand by what I said, good. Make room for people who can think.

Yes. it should have began in a full night king oriented season and then have developed and resolved within a full final season with her and cersei as the focus

Yeah and Dany was highly unlikely to ignore her own culture and upbringing of being able to hurt and use people just like the slave masters so we're all even and it's as morally nihilistic as you'd expect. Great.

Fortunately we have a merciless omniscient God-king lacking all humanity or empathy to surveillance state the puny humans. That'll fix it.

>So was Cersei because it was her time.
When was Cersei ever portrayed as a remotely decent human being? If it was too difficult to spot based on her shitty childish behavior Tyrion basically told the viewers how to feel about her every time he mentioned her. People liked her for the memes and because people gave up on the arcs of the other characters because they either died or were too stupidly written to like.

>Fortunately we have a merciless omniscient God-king
Are you talking about the Lord of Light because I think it was very generous of him to save Melisandre just so Winterfell could stand a chance. Fucking gross old bitch

In the show she went out of her way to fly from street to street and systematically exterminate every person in the city and there was no hint of remorse from her. Later she told Jon "Cersei made me do it" and that would make perfect sense if she we on and actually attacked the Red Keep instead of burning random people for 20 minutes before finally attacking the Keep. D&D put all of the pieces into places and somehow managed to fuck it up so bad

No. The Three Eyed Raven Being living in Bran's body that is now King.

If you think this is a turn out of nowhere then you are ignoring or simply forgiving her past warcrimes when they happened to cultures you dont agree with.

Now she is doing it closer to home and to similar cultures to your own the only thing you can possibly think of as reasoning is madness. She has been mass murdering civilians (often offscreen) for seasons but the moment they stop playing her hero music and start showing the actual brutality of her actions its out of character? lol

You all got bait and switched hard but not by her actions by the perspective its framed, you are all trying to blame writing/pacing to save face

Attached: 42628324.jpg (406x620, 36K)

why are people looking for reasons as to how she became insane rather than signs that she was? The whole idea is that her enemies in Essos were all terrible people, that it had never challenged her morals on any deeper level. Westeros provides her with a much more complicated situation and the moment she burns the Tarly's you realise she hasn't matured mentally in Essos, and all that occurred was that she essentially became Genghis Khan

She took the throne by calling right of conquest. Are you kidding me with this? She was the Queen to the King. She Had two sons that were Kings. But yet her title was claimed by Right of freaking Conquest. You dont think thats a subtle attempt at "it's my time"?

Don't be the asshole that thinks your perspective makes you superior. If you were raised in another time you'd think things we call evil now. That a king has divine right, slavery, whatever. Should every vassal in medieval Europe have been killed for supporting the feudal system? Slavers in Essos are living all they know. Instead of making slavery a poor economic decision or offering an alternative she just killed indiscriminately. That is a bad ruler, regardless of crazy. If you're still too dense to get that, you're as dangerous as any cult or Nazi or retard bombing car dealerships for burning gas. Ruling isn't about the absolute of goodness. Because it's not an absolute. You only see this from one singular little perspective rather than the actions removed from judgment of the victim.

This argument is so old and was settled so damn long ago that everyone knows the phrase it spawned and the entire legal system based on it. Justice is blind. As in not to be swayed by personal belief. And justice is not killing people brutally for their ignorance and suspicion of your violent ass motives.

>bring me another Harpyfag and I won’t punish you.

Maybe a little slap on the wrist. He’s been a slave his whole life give him a break FUCK

>you are all trying to blame writing/pacing to save face
I wasn't one of the writers. They made her out to be like a violent savior figure up until they knew it wouldn't make any money, people loved Daenerys despite the flags because even her misguided attempts at "fixing" the world involved killing "innocent" slave drivers and people who nobody can relate to anyway. These cultures are unrelatable because they represent the darkest aspects of humanity.

maybe from his point of view the Jedi are evil

>b-but muh innocent people, she never killed them before!

The fucking retardation in this thread is beyond astounding. She savagely murdered just about every highborn citizen she came across in Essos in some of the worst ways imaginable, and now that she's doing it to the people in King's Landing it's suddenly out of nowhere? Get fucked.

Attached: 1556027436532.gif (250x250, 1.51M)

>did it come out of nowhere
No. The majority of people thought it would or could happen in some way
>was it rushed
Absolutely yes. Springing a new Big Bad on the series in the second to last episode was shit. Most people thought it was not a compelling character arc because it happened too fast with the characters telling not showing. Writing was amateur tier. This is what most people said.

Did everyone know how the Star Wars prequels would go and what would happen? Yes. No shit. Were those movies well written overall? No, they weren't.

They literally had Tyron give Jon the "First they came ..." poem minutes before she's killed

subtle

>And justice is not killing people brutally for their ignorance and suspicion of your violent ass motives.
So in your opinion, justice is the opposite; letting yourself get buttfucked by bloodthirsty animals who don't have any agency.

Attached: 1540537146956.jpg (335x333, 28K)

No, everyone with a functional brain knew where this was going, but it was presented in such a bad fashion
It was established that Daenerys' wrath is aimed mostly at Cersei so why in the fuck would she go out of of her way to destroy a significant part of the city and burn tens of thousands? Just showing her go straight for the Red Keep, burning everything and everyone inside as Cersei realises her plan failed because Daenerys has no problems with killing thousands just to get to her
What happened in the show is such an unnecessary and totally senseless act of cruelty that serves no purpose other than portraying Daenerys as a bigger psycho than her father ever was

it's not madness. it's cold calculation and "i'm always right, my enemies are evil" shit.

she was alone. jorah, missandrei and her dragons were killed, her advisor betrayed her and one is constantly going against her, her lover rejected her and might end up with the throne if she doesnt rule by fear and show she's not to be crossed

Attached: D6dlmdmXkAEIX32.jpg (1600x1204, 241K)

They stupidly show her sparing every Lannister soldier that surrenders. Then they jump straight to her ignoring Cersei and her enemies that just killed her best friend and her dragon to waste an hour burning some random kids. It makes no logical sense but no emotional sense either, even for a batshit schizophrenic person.

They do it this way because Dany has to be pure evil so Jon can stay pure good, both are one dimensional cliches and they can have their Disney ending.

Her entire family's legitimacy was questioned from the beginning which is why Bran was crippled. No one could or would try to hide that. Robert killed all of his heirs. Robert died. All of Cersei's children died as per the prophecy. You'd have to be high on bread mold to not recognize this as a peasant in kings landing.

>someone prone to violent revenge would go as far as killing thousands of innocent people if they were put under these exact circumstances.
Because actively killing innocent people is completely out of character for her. They went from A to Z in an episode, all the people she's killed before have been bad guys or her enemies that refused to give up. Throughout the series she has in fact actively been against the harming of innocents and sees herself as their protector.

I like how the idiots that defend this turn argue that her being mean to bad guys is evidence that she'd be mean to everyone but all the times shes saved innocents or been against hurting them doesn't count cos reasons.

>Hell, there's an entire community in Tumblr full of tumblrinas who worship and write fanfiction about those two guys who commited the Columbine High School Massacre.

Post that shit nigga.

Attached: Massacre_columbine.jpg (780x599, 60K)

Yes

>You mean "him" as in the mad king?

I meant Cersei

If all the things Dany had said in 8 seasons had been said by a man he'd be seen as Joffrey, a spoiled power-hungry asshole with a messiah/ white savior complex (and patting himself in the back about mistreating slavers and using it to further his sadistic impulses and being above others)

Attached: 1556660101846.jpg (299x299, 12K)

The writers literally say her Targ genes making her suddenly go snappity wappity at the bells moment when she sees the Red Keep is the only reason it happens. That's it. Everything else is fanfiction.

Jon might go Targ crazy and snapitty wapitty at any moment could happen too, it just hasn't happened yet. It's just a switch suddenly flipping for no reason. Anything else is just your imagination.

I just got finished watching the whole series and caught a few of their talks on accident just because of how retarded hbogo is. They've been absolutely clueless since the beginning. Obvious, basic character/plot developments just go right over their heads.

I don't know what the fuck they do.

>Throughout the series she has in fact actively been against the harming of innocents

Nope. Masters of Meereen.

Next.

yes, but it was pretty fun to watch

>other than portraying Daenerys as a bigger psycho than her father ever was
Only because she did what he had tried to do. Apparently it was Cersei's ace anyway.

>her Targ genes
pls sauce

Make money while I suck up tax dollars because I don't just get a government issued shotgun to shoot myself with.

Only as far as murdering innocents.

If Dany and Cersei spent a night together like with Sansa it would cause an alliance no one would ever want.

Attached: 1542271421416.jpg (464x407, 44K)

>"i'm always right, my enemies are evil" shit.
when the fuck was this mentioned or implied before the absolute last episode. I mean of course she thought she was right, but never to some "everyone else is wrong, I write the rules" degree that she took it.

>The writers literally say her Targ genes making her suddenly go snappity wappity at the bells moment
no they didnt

It's in the behind the episode shit. Every time they "explain" something it's even more retarded than you might think if you theorized to explain something weird yourself.

They did. They said, "This has to do with her being a Targaryen, the gods flip a coin" etc.

>Just like 90's shows pandering to gays because it's a new market to sell to, shows and films pander to SJWs to make money. DUH.
'follow the money' will never let you down if you're in doubt of the motives of anything.

Attached: 1498754642603.jpg (700x906, 614K)

Including the part where he shoots hookers with crossbows slaps his mother and accuses her of being an incestuous whore even though those are the exact circumstances under which he became king. 200 IQ

the shot of her crowdsurfing brown people is not a good noble thing, her burning sam's family (and being a cunt to sam) isnt a nice thing, you just thought to yourself "yas queen no mercy"

the show was making nods that she always had a clear sadistic power-hungry streak and delusions of her own nobility and worth

Attached: D6BWfYxWkAA2Mf-.jpg (520x616, 34K)

>slaps his mother
>and accuses her of being an incestuous whore
oh no, not cersei

>he shoots hookers
lol

Yes but not nearly as bad as people made it out to be. Her bad arc started AT THE LATEST when she got to Westeros, and went from being focused on liberation to conquest. I don't know how nobody else picked on "bend the fucking knee" becoming her only line. She did snap, and it was rushed, but it wasn't out of nowhere.

It was all funny, but christ the state of mind I'd have to be in to advocate it. I am more worried about the guy who played him than the integrity of the character he played.

The Mad Kang literally had more reasons to destroy the city even though his only argument was "If I can't have it, no one will have it"
Daenerys just started burning random people who at this point fully accepted the fact that her conquest was successful. The soldiers surrendered and the people begged Cersei to order the surrender. Only after killing tens of thousands for the last 20 minutes Daenarys remembered that her actual target was the Red Keep and only then she began to destroy it even though it should've been her priority from the very beginning

Honestly, I think a good compromise for the fans would've been for Daenerys to destroy King's Landing by "accident". She flies to the Red Keep and destroys it with Drogon, but accidentally detonates the Wildfire cache concealed under it, setting off a chain reaction that destroys the entire city and causes Tyrion and Jon Snow to turn on her.

Would've been even more tragic.

Attached: 610_Sept_of_Baelor_Destruction_Promo.jpg (1920x1080, 500K)

Did you mean to reply to me?

i can easily make you defend dany's actions as "people werent innocent, they supported cersei, gave material support to tyranical regimes, were accomplices in evil and cheered when ned stark was killed"

there yas queen communism

Attached: MDJ8xM5QJl.jpg (650x650, 51K)

I completely agree with you. I was shocked to see her burning civilians. I tried to justify her up until she forgot to just fucking fly to the red keep and smoke Cersei and her loons and no one else.

>"people werent innocent, they supported cersei, gave material support to tyranical regimes, were accomplices in evil and cheered when ned stark was killed"
like throwing cow shit at Joff and cheered when she was forced to walk naked in the streets. plus they're stupid and fucking bored, which is not in any way an excuse, just "how they were raised"

Nigga what you said made no sense. This is how stupid the show became when you have to make excuse for shit writing. Absolute no attention to detail was made when it was decided to make her the follow up to the night king other than to subvert expectation and for you to turn your brain off and except it. GOT was a damn good show because it was some what rooted in reality the politics I mean. In no way would a queen mother ever claim the right to rule after her pretender son killed himself. The nobility would slug it out or find a male that was as close as possible to the last king. That decision was made to make the all the leaders on show be women. Hence pandering to the feminist. Had the show had more seasons then perhaps her elevation couldve been handled properly instead of Captain Marvel shoehorned in

you:
>when the fuck was this mentioned or implied before the absolute last episode. I mean of course she thought she was right, but never to some "everyone else is wrong, I write the rules"

if you see her going "yes Valar Morghulis, but we're not men" and dont think "oh yeah she thinks way too highly of herself" you're literally a psychotic woman

it's not supposed to be the same as Walter White's slow descent into immorality

"WAKING THE DRAGON" (like Viserys said while beating her) is something that can happen in a snap, and I think that the bells + Red Keep actually woke Dany's warg relationship with Drogon, except the dragon had more of an influence on her psyche, and since dragons eat "whatever they want" he decided through Dany that King's Landing was his weakened prey.

Attached: 1557716834428.jpg (774x1033, 74K)

why the fuck wasnt the night king given a big sword fight? they could still have arya kill him and id be fine with it.
they couldve done like a big group fight with the last of the survivors with jon leading them against the night king and his capos.

Counterpoint: Stannis. He burned people alive too and was basically an evil dick for what he perceived to be the greater good and/or "justice". And yet, can you imagine Stannis burning down King's Landing without any reason at all? Of course not. If Stannis took King's Landing and decided to just burn it, would it have been in character even though "all the signs were there"?

Her mistake was killing the people who would have begged her for gibs regardless of what she did to achieve this.

>And yet, can you imagine Stannis burning down King's Landing without any reason at all?
He did this to his own daughter. Fuck stannis

>i can easily make you defend dany's actions
No you couln't because her actions were evil as fuck, which is why they were completely out of character for her.

Killing all those people was made for shock value and retweets. The only people(if you can call them that) that like that scene were feminist. Cersei got her revenge. Yasss lets all clap on who she outsmarted everyone.

The night king, most ancient evil threat to humanity of the world, got stabbed once by a little girl and died, and his whole army died with him. They built a mile high continent spanning wall to keep him away, when all you need to do is just stab him. He planned for thousands of years, to die at the first city. This season is the worst shit I've ever seen

>Masters of Meereen
But they were bad guys, which only further proves my point.

>something that can happen in a snap
except when her own brother sold her to barbarians for [what was he gonna do that would have been any better?]

Attached: 1547700942308.png (845x1036, 752K)

Stannis didn't burn his daughter retard

Cersei was just going to do it herself. When she realized she was robbed of that because of Dany she cried like a bitch.

There is a difference between thinking highly of yourself and saying "burning a capitol city's worth of citizens is OK because I say it is".

BTW I've hated Dany since season 4, you're barking up the wrong fucking tree with this shit you're @ing me with.

Hence why the writing is so fucking back after they ran out of books to plagiarize.

yes, it was but not for the books.
this

Was he not there when it happened? Did he have no power to stop it? Or was he just convinced by Melly that everything he did happened for a reason? Was that reason just to help Davos become influential?

D&D said that's not what it was and abandoned the warning concept

I guess he's also the type of guy to sell his best friend down the river and not even attempt to get Jon pardoned or nominate him as king, knowing full well that Jon is the single best choice and a rightful heir. How do you turn Sam in to an asshole?

This

People were afraid of Trump holding the nuclear codes. But according to that other anons logic. Hilary was the one to fear because she thought very highly of herself. Seems like Putin did the right thing by sabotaging her campaign enough were she self-destructed. Just like Dany did in GOT.

This shit applies to a lot of got moments

Attached: 1558321131905.jpg (845x1036, 203K)

Stannis' army being defeated by 20 men, then burning his daughter to win one battle, is retarded and incoherent and wouldn't happen, they just showed it on the screen doesn't make it true

so yeah, "i'm always right, people who cross me are evil"

>burning a capitol city's worth of citizens is OK
because she sees as a small thing to save the world

actually yeah, Hillary literally wanted to increase conflict with Russia and implement a no fly zone (basically a act of war)

HOW TO FIX "THE BELLS"

>Cersei: I've set up wildfire all around King's Landing. If you attack me in the Red Keep, you'll set off a chain reaction that will blow up the whole city.
>Dany: Fuck you and fuck King's Landing! It's time for a Queen's Landing!

KABOOM!

There. Now Dany actually has a motivation but is still a callous psycho bitch.

>nominate him as king
He WAS king. Sam wanted him to take advantage of this, somehow, without killing Dany, which was impossible, and Jon would have never decided to do it before she killed the people of kings landing. The fact that Jon didn't understand what he meant by that means that Jon was stupid/poorly written and just decided to save face after she committed horrible crimes. Btw Aegon was supposed to be a separate character that challenged her for the throne like 2-3 seasons ago.

Killing NK should be the finale for season 8.

showdown with Cersei should be season 9.

Dany's descent into madness should be season 10, the last chapter.

HBO wanted 10 seasons. But before it started GRRM had demanded that D&D be the only ones to produce this show. I wonder if he regrets that now. He probably does because there was a fall out between him and D&D over differences on production. And HBO couldnt drop D&D and get someone else.

Attached: 1541043514206.png (954x612, 413K)

she has no real seasons-long drive against Cersei, it's only the missandrei thing. Her calculating that she needs to instill fear was much more of a proper climax to her journey towards the throne than the scene being about Cersei (even though cersei's death was lame, if daenerys had killed her it'd have been lame as fuck)

Attached: 1555506352017.png (1000x926, 1.29M)

They needed more time to develop her being evil after pic related. Cut all the filler from the beginning of the season, cut the white walker fight in half (which is fine, considering actually nobody died and the only thing that mattered was the end). Give us more time building up her motives to burn the city, and more time establishing her character as the new mad queen.

They really didn't need more time this season to do it, they just shouldn't have wasted so much god damn time in the North and watching Arya the Literally Invincible get her shit smacked in KL.

Attached: 4.jpg (1903x1071, 82K)

>her burning sam's family
You wanna diss your leaders you do it in private. She didn't want to kill Tarlys or Tyrion but when they say "fuck you" in front of your whole army you have to lay that shit out in plain sight.

Im sure that fat fuck regrets alot of things. One of them would probably be not finishing his books. Leaving it up to a bunch of hacks to do it for him

She crucified hundreds of people in season 1
People who think it's out of character for her are retarded.

Beat the shit of them and lock them away. Burning them alive when you will need the support of the nobility for just stupid. Everyone but her knew that.

Do you think he regrets it? They took hold of the story since like season 4 or 5? Come on guy.

Attached: 1528406101544.jpg (920x920, 93K)

>Choose two guys for showrunner cause you're too old to understand that they just googled "Jon snow mother" like everyone else
Yikes. At least the first few seasons were kind though

>Burning them alive when you will need the support of the nobility
Sam's fatass can do a better job than those monkeys ever could and he tried to invent democracy. Those motherfuckers were dumb as the day is long and useless to boot.

>Did you think her descent into madness was rushed? Be honest.
no, she's always been a bit bat shit in my eyes from the moment she killed her brother without blinking an eye. and with all that happens to her later on it totally makes sense for her to flip her shit. she's just a well done tragic character.

>from the moment she killed her brother
oh no not viserys! he even got a dragon named after him but it's not good enough I need my tyrants to have dicks!

Exactly why he regrets it. Do you think he would've written such a shitty ending in the books? 6,7, and 8 were rushed with no attention to detail what so ever. Which is why including 5 were inferior seasons. Martin got scared to finish because the series was a global sensation. He was enjoying and still is enjoying the fame and fat paychecks. But not finishing his books will always haunt him. He was writer a long time ago.

Not Cersei, but the Lannisters, yes. Their supporters were in the RK itself.

Her being cool with Tyrion and not being too fussed about arming Jaime to fight with them makes this seem even more stupid and rushed though. Like everyone has already said, give the Night King, Cersei, and Dany each their own season like they wanted to do and/or trim that fat. That'd fix the problems. D&D and GRRM just got bored with or burnt out on GoT and wanted out. That's why things happened the way they did.

>Do you think he would've written
thing is he stopped writing the books altogether. nigga blowing bubbles in his backyard with expensive soap.

I will tell you her secret; she is always mad.

You must be young if you think Democracy is ever a good idea. He deserved to get his ass laughed off the stage. By opening that scab, that invites the people to have gotten rid of them. Which is why EVERYONE laughed or smirked. We don't live in a democracy by the way. Democracy is something told to the plebs to stop them from rioting.

if you go back and watch the first episode you can see Dany was destroying King's Landing with hundreds of dragons even then. the idea that it wasn't set up properly is stupid.

>You must be young if you think Democracy is ever a good idea.
I was making fun of it. Even democracy is smarter than telling a crazy bitch with a dragon that you won't bend the knee.

I'm aware of the other Aegon, I think Jon will still turn out to be a Targ in the books though. Jon would never choose the throne, because he knows the responsibility and power it commands, but if he was chosen by the lords then he would feel obligated to accept just like he did to lead da norf.

That's my whole point. He is drowning in pussy, food and alcohol. Doing Paley Center or Oxford talks but he knows he is gutless in not finishing his books.

>the books
Really guy? They're not happening. It's Korra manga level now.

Jon should have just ponied up, given her that D and ruled with her.

She was his aunt though. A homicidal aunt. Also Tyrion told him it was bad which apparently he needed this explained to him.

okay
>would have still

And me? I’m still here, and I’m still busy. As a producer, I’ve got five shows in development at HBO (some having nothing whatsoever to do with the world of Westeros), two at Hulu, one on the History Channel. I’m involved with a number of feature projects, some based upon my own stories and books, some on material created by others. There are these short films I am hoping to make, adaptations of classic stories by one of the most brilliant, quirky, and original writers our genre has ever produced. I’ve consulted on a video game out of Japan. And then there’s Meow Wolf…

And I’m writing. Winter is coming, I told you, long ago… and so it is. THE WINDS OF WINTER is very late, I know, I know, but it will be done. I won’t say when, I’ve tried that before, only to burn you all and jinx myself… but I will finish it, and then will come A DREAM OF SPRING.

Attached: download (1).jpg (284x177, 7K)

>She was his aunt though
who cares

How will it all end? I hear people asking. The same ending as the show? Different?

Well… yes. And no. And yes. And no. And yes. And no. And yes.

I am working in a very different medium than David and Dan, never forget. They had six hours for this final season. I expect these last two books of mine will fill 3000 manuscript pages between them before I’m done… and if more pages and chapters and scenes are needed, I’ll add them. And of course the butterfly effect will be at work as well; those of you who follow this Not A Blog will know that I’ve been talking about that since season one. There are characters who never made it onto the screen at all, and others who died in the show but still live in the books… so if nothing else, the readers will learn what happened to Jeyne Poole, Lady Stoneheart, Penny and her pig, Skahaz Shavepate, Arianne Martell, Darkstar, Victarion Greyjoy, Ser Garlan the Gallant, Aegon VI, and a myriad of other characters both great and small that viewers of the show never had the chance to meet. And yes, there will be unicorns… of a sort…

Book or show, which will be the “real” ending? It’s a silly question. How many children did Scarlett O’Hara have?

How about this? I’ll write it. You read it. Then everyone can make up their own mind, and argue about it on the internet.

georgerrmartin.com/notablog/2019/05/20/an-ending/

I have your cookbook motherfucker. Do you think I can just pull saffron out of my ass? That shit is going to collect dust after I get my Soprano family cookbook. Fuckin poached pears and bread pudding. No one likes food this much without learning to cook it themselves.

>would I bang kit harrington if he were related to me
well, yes

>They had six hours for this final season.
lol, no they didn't. HBO was fully on board to give them more episodes. It was their own decision to rush it.

That's what happens when you lose your emotional support circle in such a short time.

>lol, no they didn't. HBO was fully on board to give them more episodes. It was their own decision to rush it.

Im amazed at how many people still believe this crap. You think HBO (owned by Warner Brothers) dont think about costs, like at all? The same company that split the Hobbit into 3 movies which Jackson publically said was completely his idea because there was simply so much story to tell and had nothing to do with profits.

You know many of these actors are payed $1m per episode each right? Reducing episode numbers on a show in its final 2 seasons can cut costs significantly and with so many spinoffs lined up they can just retain GoT nerds at much reduced costs

Directors, writers and showrunners take a bullet for their studios all the time because otherwise their careers can soon be over. Blame DnD for the writing all you want but the number of episodes is obviously not their ultimate decision.

>Danny burns the Tarlys for disobeying her
>She's clearly insane
>Jon executes Janos Slynt for disobeying him
>He's a good man and a hero
You're a fucking retard. Plenty of people have executed others in this show. Doesn't mean they're going to kill everyone around them when something goes wrong

Yes

Of course

Anyone who doesn't is retarded.

Why didn't Drogon roast Jon?

Then Jon would look stupid as usual

Presumably sentient enough to realize that it was his mother's lust for absolute power than killed her.

Yea I was in a permanent state of wtf why
And why the hell did every soldier even the non nigger northerners in the streets turn into insane maniacs killing surrendering soldiers, women and children as well?

The thing is, the show was never really about how power corrupts people, it tended to depict its characters consistently as either good or bad both before and after they came into power. But it really does take a hard turn towards that theme with Dany in the final episodes. The writers just couldn't come up with a better reason for her to burn everyone.

>throughout the series Dany wears bright colored dresses
>at the end she wears dark colored clothes
Fucking KINO. They should teach stuff like this in art school.

>at the end she wears dark colored clothes
thats the colors of house Targarian dipshit

>You're a fucking retard. Plenty of people have executed others in this show. Doesn't mean they're going to kill everyone around them when something goes wrong

the audience is retarded.

The writers had Tyrion as the voice of reason in that scene, they were telling you the audience that what she was doing was wrong and you were just too autistic/queenslay to pick up on it. God forbid if they wrote it a bit smarter without a character telling you directly.

With Olly and that you were meant to think Jon did something bad perhaps for the greater good but the retarded audience just took it as something good and celebrated a kid that had his family murdered by rapist cannibals getting hung.

I think this discussion would be easier if it wasn't framed as "madness," because that implies some irrationality on her part, and I think it's this verbiage that caused a lot of normies to take offense. They're not understanding this word in the context within the fictional world, versus the real one.

Daenerys was making rational decisions for the most part. Her sacrifices for the kingdom won her no greater love and support from the people of Westeros. Her closest advisors either died in battle, were murdered, or betrayed her. Her armies have yet to reap any rewards to which soldiers typically feel entitled, and as such they have become restless. She had overwhelming offensive powers that, once put on full display, would quell any notions of protracted insurgencies.

This was not a story about a single person going mad. It's about how absolute power corrupts absolutely. With practice, murder can be destigmatized, populations become a mere statistic. Daenerys has had a great deal of practice. She's had seven season. That's not rushed. The storytelling and dialogue may be rushed, by not her character. She was just backed into a corner. She was already that tyrant.

Her downfall came about only because she trusted the wrong person. Besides that, everything she has done was rational. What's wrong and evil and madness is the pursuit of the Iron Throne in the first place. Wars and conquests are cruel affairs.

Yes it was a little. It was definitely built up that she would turn bad and reckless, but at the time when she actually decided to just burn every innocent person in that city, despite that they had already won and their enemies had thrown down their weapons, there had not been built up enough to such a big flip. It came off as exaggerated and unbelievable that she would burn all those innocents without a good reason.

Like it would make sense if the enemy did not lay down their weapons, and still fought her, and she went ahead and spewed flames everywhere on them, but what happened was very different, she actually just killed those innocent people just because...no reason. That was to take it too far with too little build up.

>Every slave owning man in a society built upon slavery is automatically a bad man.

t. brainlet

The show built her up or certain parts of the fandom?

No, her turning mad was fine. Her burning down Kings Landing was one of the best moments during the entire series.

But jon killing her the very next episode ruined it. she should be queen, leading through fear.

she was not killing civilians to win the battle. she already knew she won the battle. in that moment however she realized she would lose the real war. she realized that her situation with the starks was untenable and that eventually jon's claim to the throne would blow everything up (whether he wanted to or not). She had been running away from her inevitable end ever since she heard the truth, killing those innocents was just her finally snapping. she would not get the happy ending she wanted. she lashed out.

>Every slave owning man in a society built upon slavery is automatically a bad man
Yes...

>every nazi in a society built upon nazism isnt a bad man

The show. Name a single 'crazy' thing she did in the show? Name a single time she knowingly hurt innocents or didn't feel horrible when innocents were hurt? In the books she's much for blase with more clear streaks of uncaringness and cruelty. The show did away with all that and instead built her up as a caring savior.

Yes I guess we can interpret it that way, but it was still rushed that she snapped like that. It was too much of a snap for her at that point. It needed more of a build up. It just wasn't believable.

Attached: 19.webm (1280x720, 2.02M)

absolutley.

there are tons of ways to do mad Queen Dany that were better than what the show gave us. Also she needed at least one seasno of actually being queen so her death would have more meaning

Attached: 9 (1).webm (1280x720, 1.43M)

>1 speech as queen
>instantly betrayed
>sitcom begins, laugh track

No difference between a decent master that treats their slaves as loyal servants or even members of the household vs. absolute cunts who abuse the shit out of them? If I recall it was shown that after Dany yeskweens the whole Slaver's Bay some slaves wish to return to their masters' service since they were treated properly.

There wasn't any need to turn her into a full psycho like her dad. She was perfectly messed up as she was.

Not quite, but it wasn't very well demonstrated. She had the chances to get nuttier, but we didn't really see her be

you are utter morons if you think somebody simply living by the laws of the land are inherently evil because their laws are outdated compared to your own

slavery was really the only way to get the workers you need to work farms or businesses for centuries. Romans, Anglo saxons and Norse all made slaves of native people of the British Isles for centuries yet their entire civilizations have never been considered evil to the point extermination.

Many slaves were treated well and could earn their freedom, some were treated horribly and worked to death. Owning slaves didnt suddenly make somebody evil.

He did get the nigger killed

Yes.

>losing your loved ones and friends is a justification for burning a city whose people probably don't give a shit about who rules them anyway

you people are inept and blind. she has always taken the easy way to power. she sucked horsecock for an army. she murdered like 1% of a city to earn the trust and loyalty of everyone else. she has always pretended to be for the people, but as you can finally see in the finale, she has always been in it for herself. she only gave a fuck about dickless and his gf because they made her feel good. she liked jon because king'a da norf.

im glad you idiots were finally FORCED to see the fucking writing on the wall. this has ALWAYS been her character. get fucked, you toxoplasmosis-riddled 100iq dipshits.

What happened to Dany's army? Did they get slaughtered? Did they stay in Westeros? Did they fuck off back home?

Everything happened as it should have, but the whole season was rushed.

>No, we got plenty of hints since season 1.
Agreed, the execution of the Tarleys was the first real sign.

It was like 80% of the way there when she burned the Tarleys and they jumped the last 20%

But the whole least season was rushed

its bound to feel rushed if you havent been paying attention to her words and actions for the previous 7 seasons

Agree.

>No, women can turn on a dime.
Ain't THAT the truth...

Jons actions still come off as worse than hers.

Sacking a city who caused you nothing but problems was pretty reasonable and the emotional response over it was completely artificial.

>Brienne was full noble bright with no flaws

You fucking moron, the whole point of Brienne is that the idealism she aspires to isn't reality, she discovers that being a good knight isn't black and white, she learns from her naive flaws and by the end of her personal journey respects a man who she originally despised who sacrificed his honour to save the innocent.

she didn't sack it, she razed it, there's an important difference

Yes, it was stupid.

No matter how much you ignore the reality of the actual plot points of the show in your posts, the people who watched it will still know what an idiot you are. So why even do it? Why not talk about the actual show instead of your head-canon version of it?

unironically yes, D&D are complete hacks

Rushed ending to go work on shitty Star Wars that no one wants to see, yikes.

Attached: 1556338899082.jpg (1548x2244, 415K)

>"WAKING THE DRAGON" (like Viserys said while beating her) is something that can happen in a snap, and I think that the bells + Red Keep actually woke Dany's warg relationship with Drogon, except the dragon had more of an influence on her psyche

Always someone else's fault.

inept and blind.

She lost her parents, her brother, her unborn son, and her husband. Still didn't go mad.

>like how the idiots that defend this turn argue that her being mean to bad guys is evidence that she'd be mean to everyone
Sometimes I wonder about the people who argue that. Like they honestly can't tell the difference between killing slave masters who purchase and then abuse and brainwash children from birth and killing innocent people in the streets. It's like there's a mass psychopathy going on. I just hope these people are congregating on Yea Forums because they're insidious opinions are not tolerated elsewhere.

Danny somehow believes that Cersei has fled the red keep and is hiding amongst the crowds as a human shield.
Danny burns everyone to ensure she gets Cersei and prove her ambitions whilst showing how unhinged she is.

There, fixed it. Otherwise no reason to methodically burn everyone before the keep.

>Owning slaves didnt suddenly make somebody evil.
hot take: yeah it did

Not only that, but the show set her up for downfall in most clumsy way possible by making everyone stupid around her.
>Dany listens to Tyrion
>She loses her war and her armies because Tyrion literally drank his IQ away
>Dany listens to her "impulses"
>Everyone loves to tell her how fucking evil she is
>Dany gives up on a throne
>Mad bitch Cersei keeps sitting on it not giving a fuck and raising her incestus fetal alcohol syndrom babies with her cuck Euron, maybe will go start war with the North for shits and giggles
I'd fucking go crazy too, the good guys are idiots, the bad guys don't really deserve to live.

She wasn't mad though. She was rational and justified.

> Act the same way through the entire show.
> Start as a useless woman.
> Burn people randomly.
> Crucify and horribly murder them for no real reason.
> Have everything given to you, so you don't understand right or wrong.
> Continue to act like this all the way until some guy stabs you.
> "WTF, WHY DID SHE DO THIS?!"

>The writers literally say her Targ genes making her suddenly go snappity wappity at the bells moment when she sees the Red Keep is the only reason it happens. That's it. Everything else is fanfiction.
Actually they say she was addicted to conquest. that she should plays the scene like an addict who needs more of a "fix" once she gets high on violence.

>Jon might go Targ crazy
He almost did whilst pounding Ramsey Bolton's face into hamburger, except Sansa asked him to stop. Remember?

No rationale for burning a surrendered city vs. Just burning the red keep

This guy has a better idea to make it seem somewhat 'logical'

You don't know hollywood then.

>actually yeah, Hillary literally wanted to increase conflict with Russia and implement a no fly zone (basically a act of war)
And because she didn't, now we have Russians arming Venezuela off our southern coast, and there will be an even greater war.

Assad murders children with chemical weapons and Russia invades peaceful neighbors and steals land. Flush out your headgear, MAGAt.

Appeasement doesn't work.

Obviously there's a difference but owning slaves is inherently a bad thing.

>owning people isn't bad if it isn't against the law
/pol/ pls

Not to mention the hypocrisy of most of them.
>Tywin sacks king's landing and is a hero
>Tyrion is fine letting his mass civilian murdering sister go free
>Jon killing countless innocent wildlings who were just trying to flee death itself
>Arya wipes out an entire house in cold blood
>Bran orchestrated it all just so he can be king
I don't get why they're so judgey about Dany. In context of the show not only was she not shown to be mad but she's arguably one of the best people, that suddenly turned on a dime because that's what the plot said she needed to do.

>Burn people randomly
>Crucify and horribly murder them for no real reason
But these things didn't actually happen.

their Disneys scapegoat if the next film is shit

Yeah, she had a consistent back and forth on the burning, instead of just randomly attacking locations, and she crucified the slave masters because she thought they were evil and it was supposed to be justice for all the slave children who were crucified

>Tywin sacks king's landing and is a hero
King's Landing still existed when he was done, and most of the people who lived there were still alive
>Tyrion is fine letting his mass civilian murdering sister go free
It's literally the best way to win King's Landing
>Jon killing countless innocent wildlings who were just trying to flee death itself
When he thought they were savage invaders
>Arya wipes out an entire house in cold blood
Who killed her mother and brother and presumably a bunch of other Stark people she might have known and loved

>Excuse
>Excuse
>Excuse
>Excuse
What? You couldn't come up with one for Bran?

I'm not sure your post is even related to what was said by the guy you responded to.

Yes. In the show she goes from "young and passionate, but with a tendency to overreact out of righteous indignation" to "Pol Pot(female)" in the space of a single episode. The ISIS-style executions of all the Lannister soldiers were just absurd.

You make the assumption that people used to be too stupid to know better. They knew better but they also wanted to get paid.

Some time in the future bad men who want to be paid will do bad things and get away with it. It wont be because they are retarded pre humans.

Nah it's happening everywhere, people don't understand slavery is evil lol, as if slavery has ever been ended peacefully