Why did she become so insufferable last two seasons?

Why did she become so insufferable last two seasons?

How did the script writers expect to sell us that "Sansa is suuuuper smart wow she got raped and now she's a genius" if she never actually does or says anything of worth?

Attached: file.png (1200x800, 725K)

being raped and tortured by a lunatic

>Why did she become so insufferable last two seasons?
She's a lousy character portrayed by a lousy actress.
>How did the script writers expect to sell us that "Sansa is suuuuper smart wow she got raped and now she's a genius" if she never actually does or says anything of worth?
Because they need to tell us she's smart so the show can seem feminist and empowering to its idiot fans even though she doesn't do anything.

You already knew these answers but I wanted to make it clearer.

D&D are gay. They don't understand strong women or hero relationships. That's why Sansa is written so poorly and why there seems to be fuck all about Jon and Danny's relationship filled before the ending. Two hardcore gay dudes like D&D have no idea what two straight people do when they're not fucking, so Jon and Danny's just fuck and mope around then fuck.

She literally did nothing to earn her power.

I’ve known plenty of girls like Sansa. Guys seem to fall all over themselves for her type. They’re very concerned about their social status and what other people think of them. Very into image. The character reflects a very real type of person and she is portrayed realistically and sympathetically. Her parts in seasons 1-4 are actually really quite good. Season 5 suffers and then it’s shit cuz the showrunners wanted a stronk woman.

Attached: 0E2DC9B8-1179-4703-A801-5A672D41EEEE.png (500x722, 873K)

Yup, her biggest achievement was telling Littlefinger to bring his armies to Winterfell, and even then, it was Arya who ultimately uncovered him.

You can't make a smart, cunning character who is only smart and cunning because you keep having every character around them repeat how smart she is. She hasn't done anything whatsoever, in the entirety of S8 her most intelligent remark was "what about rations and rest?" when talking in a room full of military commanders which apparently were all completely retarded and didn't understand basic logistics.

A lot of men like Stacy types, that's nothing new, and that's what she was supposed to be. Early season Sansa was fine, she was a normal teenage girl. Later seasons (as in, the last two) were awful, I agree.

littlefinger warged secretly into her at death and has been using her as his meatpuppet ever since

Because women mistake being bitchy for being a strong leader.

>Rules an independent North
Right but what's left of the north anyway? She's got like a handful of vassals and whatever men survived the Long Night? And isn't winter still coming?

Most of the reasons have already been said but I'd like to add that I don't find her attractive.
Yes she's good looking but she just is not sexy and her voice does not help.

Sansa is supposed to be stunning, Sophie is meh.
I could have sworn I had a pic of a gorgeous red head in my cute girls folder but I guess not, so have this.
Maybe seeing asshole after x-men flops and her roles start drying up will excite me though.

Attached: 1556877744966.jpg (768x1024, 148K)

>And isn't winter still coming?
Luckily the long winter only lasted a night. They should still be starving to death though.

>S4: hype moment with black dress
>S5: throw dress in the trash and get raped by Ramsay
>S6: cause drama with Jon
>S7: cause drama with Arya
>S8: cause drama with Daenerys

To be fair, she was chosen as a child and she did a good enough job and looked the part fine back then. The producers and studio had no way of knowing she'd end up a bloated slag with a horrible smoker's voice.

I remember the lack of food in the North being an important plot point but hey who the fuck cares she's a strong woman.

Littlefinger was actually smart at times. Sansa just looks at people and "throws shade yas queen slay!!"

Attached: shansha.png (467x329, 290K)

Alright that moment when we see her in season four should have been a turning point in her character. Instead she just became fuck it I don't know. I can just say she's a bitch moving forward, even to Jon but whatever.
Fuck me, I just remembered Jon was King of the North for a minute there.

Sit down, incel

Imagine filling out a captcha just to post this

post the full one

holy shit when i first saw it

leeel

>She literally did nothing to earn her power.
Oh, but she did. She betrayed her oath to backstab Daenerys, threw Jon under the bus as soon as Daenerys was murdered and when instead of her Lords choose Bran to be the king, she immediately declared the North to be independent.

She truly was insufferable last two seasons.

I wouldn't go as far as making such a deal about her being smart, but since she escaped Ramsay she made nothing but the right choices, at least when it mattered.
- Asked Littlefinger for help when she knew Jon's army wouldn't be enough.
- When Littlefinger became useless and tried to divide the Starks she got him killed.
- Successfully prepared rations and armor for the fight against the Night King.
- Knew that Cersei wouldn't lift a finger to help them.
- Was right in not trusting Dany.
- Once the battle for survival against the creatures was done, she cared only about the North's interests.
- Got them to be independent without further conflict and Jon's life to be spared.

She's a competent politician, all being said.

Neds face
>if only you knew how bad things really are

The writers fundamentally misunderstood the political underpinning at the core of the books. At the end of the day, the prime movers of the events in Westeros were Varys and Littlefinger, and the events of the story are driven by a separate conspiracies being masterminded by each of them. The Lannisters and Starks, and all the other great houses, were really just pawns in their game.

Varys's plan was a Targaryan invasion and restoration (with him as the ultimate power behind the throne), while Littlefinger's was to plunge Westeros into massive war and anarchy, and wheel and deal his way to the top.

Once they didn't have the books anymore, the writers just abandoned any plots that weren't fully realized or didn't have a payoff, and starting killing characters once they became dispensable in order to tie up loose ends and to maintain shock value.

(samefag)
Thing is, it's not that Sansa became incredibly smart. It's that everyone else became incredibly stupid.
- Ramsay thought the battle was over and never even considered that the armies of Arryn might show there. How come he didn't have scouts shattered around to make sure that if someone approached his troops had enough time to get back inside the castle?
- Littlefinger thought he could fool everyone despite all what Sansa saw and despite the fact that Brandon was able to see everything. He should've ignored Sansa's plead to help her; with Sansa and Brandon dead there would be no one who knows about the events that transpired, he would be Ramsay's ally, he could cement his power in the Vale and then try to climb up the ladder once again.
- Tyrion somehow became stupid enough to trust Cersei. And completely blind regarding Dany's ambitions.
- So did Jon.

In short it isn't that they portrayed the women as overtly intelligent, which none is. It's that they made all the male characters completely retarded.

>super smart
>has claim to throne because she is related to jon
instead becomes her own independent kingdom and does nothing to free jon, despite being an independent kingdom

>and when instead of her Lords choose Bran to be the king, she immediately declared the North to be independent.

That made no sense. What's to stop the other parts of Westeros from doing the same?

If greyworm and the unsullied left, why didn't Jon just not go to the Nights Watch? What are they gonna do?

Nothing
On top of that it is easy to see this as abuse of power since she is the King's sister which I'm sure wouldn't sit right with the other Noble houses

Also enjoyed how Yara went from "DAENERYS IS MY QUEEN YOU KILLED HER!!" to "sure elect this kid as the new King why not" in 60 seconds.

She doesn't get a claim to the throne because she's related to Jon that makes no fucking sense. Jon's claim is based on his father's lineage which she is completely unrelated to.

- Asked Littlefinger for help when she knew Jon's army wouldn't be enough.
This is quite basic
- When Littlefinger became useless and tried to divide the Starks she got him killed.
Arya also takes credit for this
- Successfully prepared rations and armor for the fight against the Night King.
Basic
- Knew that Cersei wouldn't lift a finger to help them.
Here she was right
- Was right in not trusting Dany.
Was also one of the main culprits of Dany going nuclear
- Once the battle for survival against the creatures was done, she cared only about the North's interests.
Shortsighted because the North has a food reserves problem, but little things like logistics don't matter in nu-GoT
- Got them to be independent without further conflict and Jon's life to be spared.
Complete asspull desu, especially in front of the rest of noble houses and right after your brother has been named king

Agree wholeheartedly. Every show character had a big intelligence dip in general as the writing got dumber.

>- Asked Littlefinger for help when she knew Jon's army wouldn't be enough.
This is pretty retarded desu. Littlefinger came out and offered the army to her before she even asked, and at first she told him to fuck off.

I think he'll fuck off the Nights Watch and become a wildling though.

But why not just turn back and go to Winterfell?

I can't believe they made Bran the king... why a shitshow of an ending

>Basic, Arya too, basic
As I said. It's not that she's extremely intelligent because of this, but she was competent enough not to fuck up at least. Unlike the male characters.
>Was also one of the main culprits of Dany going nuclear.
That's actually not a bad thing. Dany was bound to go nuclear eventually. If it didn't happen in Kings Landing it would happen elsewhere. In fact, as Tyrion said, she already went nuclear in the past, but everyone celebrated it because she killed assholes. Sansa and Varys were the only ones smart enough to see it, and helping it happen was necessary so everyone else saw it too before it was too late.
>Shortsighted because the North has a food reserves problem, but little things like logistics don't matter in nu-GoT
The North was fine for literally thousands of years. And as we saw at the end Spring is coming, so for the time being things should improve. Also, the North being independent doesn't stop them from doing commerce with other kingdoms.

>Complete asspull desu, especially in front of the rest of noble houses and right after your brother has been named king.
Yes and no. I mean, to some extent. Fact is, who was there to deny freedom to the North or Jon's life? Only Yara.
Was it that big of an asspull?
About the North being a separate kingdom: Samwell was Jon's bro and wouldn't deny them freedom. Edmure was their uncle, and was liberated thanks to Arya poisoning the Freys. Robin wouldn't go against Sansa, neither the old guys, thanks to her and Arya they got rid of Littlefinger. Gendry was an ally of the Starks. Yara's problem was against Jon, not against the North's freedom or the Starks; in fact Theon died protecting them. Only the Prince of Dorne has no reason to accept it, but if everyone else agrees, what do you have to gain saying no? I think that would've happened even if Bran weren't elected the king.
About Jon's fate: Samwell, Edmure, Robin and Gendry would certainly be more inclined to backup Sansa. I don't know about the Prince of Dorne, probably wouldn't give a fuck as far as it didn't create problems for them. Yara was the only one who wanted him dead.
The Unsullied were no house of Westeros, so both things weren't theirs to decide. About the North being free, with Dany dead I'm sure they didn't give a fuck. About Jon's situation, killing him would mean another bloody war, Sansa made it clear. They had two chances, either going to war again or try to find a compromise. Would you really want to make war in their place? Dany was dead, they couldn't bring her back. They might've not even get revenge, because it wasn't a war they were sure to win. And after fighting the winter and the Lannisters they all had enough.

She has no claim to the throne, but yes, probably the new pointless Night's Watch at a broken useless Wall beyond an independent North is the second dumbest idea of the finale, right after making the bloody Unsullied a political lobby.

When she told him to fuck off she thought they had enough allies. That was an error, you are right. But she mended it afterwards.
And it worked for the best, because Littlefinger arrived when no one expected him to. Had he been there from the start maybe Ramsay would've waited longer for the invading forces to starve off inside the castle. Who knows what would've happened.
Nevertheless, the fact is that she used him. And it wasn't something far-fetched, at least from Sansa's end: she knew how he felt about her, she knew that she killed Robin's mother, then she found about everything else.
I do agree that to call her the most intelligent person alive because of that is bullshit. And as I said, they suddenly turned Littlefinger into a retard. But nevertheless most of what Sansa did were right moves, and thanks to her the North became independent again without needing to start another bloody war against the other houses.

>As I said. It's not that she's extremely intelligent because of this, but she was competent enough not to fuck up at least. Unlike the male characters
Fair enough
>That's actually not a bad thing. Dany was bound to go nuclear eventually. If it didn't happen in Kings Landing it would happen elsewhere. In fact, as Tyrion said, she already went nuclear in the past, but everyone celebrated it because she killed assholes. Sansa and Varys were the only ones smart enough to see it, and helping it happen was necessary so everyone else saw it too before it was too late.
This is a problem with the last seasons of the show where everyone suddenly starts exhibiting 21st century morals. What she did in Slaver's bay was a revolution, which was bloody but ultimately left people in a better state. It was bloody and messy, yes, but judging it under the "all violence is bad" lens is bullshit. What she did in those cities was war, it had an objective. What she did in KL was genocide for no reason. You can't justify such a massive leap in motivations with "uhh I guess she killed slavers or something before?"
>The North was fine for literally thousands of years. And as we saw at the end Spring is coming, so for the time being things should improve. Also, the North being independent doesn't stop them from doing commerce with other kingdoms.
I'm pretty sure this time around it was a big plot point due to all the wars and stuff. Also how is spring coming already, it's barely been a year and this one was supposed to be a long ass winter. Unless the NKs demise means no winter, which again, complete asspull because nothing of this was explained. The winter just suddenly became a non issue with noone mentioning it again.

D&D can't write smart characters because they're idiots so the only thing they can do is make characters like Tyrion look really dumb to make Sansa look smart in comparison.

The idea of making a Sansa a schemer isn't fundamentally wrong though since it's the only point in having her mentored by Littlefinger.

She doesn't have to. She was the only person who'd end up as warden of the north since she's the only Stark who isn't a robot or a murderhobo. I just expected that Jon would be king.

The issue is there was literally no other decision to make. It's like saying Sansa is such an expert at survival because she held onto a life raft that was tossed to her when she was drowning. Anybody would've done exactly the same in her position. She didn't do anything cunning or out of the norm.

>This is a problem with the last seasons of the show where everyone suddenly starts exhibiting 21st century morals. What she did in Slaver's bay was a revolution, which was bloody but ultimately left people in a better state. It was bloody and messy, yes, but judging it under the "all violence is bad" lens is bullshit. What she did in those cities was war, it had an objective. What she did in KL was genocide for no reason. You can't justify such a massive leap in motivations with "uhh I guess she killed slavers or something before?"
She also burned the Tarlys without there being any need. And if you want to talk about motivations, her sole motivation was to reign. It wasn't to make the world a better place. It was very clear that anyone who disagreed with her would pay the price. She would take the power by might even from places that weren't slavers and from just monarchs because she thought it was her divine right.
>I'm pretty sure this time around it was a big plot point due to all the wars and stuff. Also how is spring coming already, it's barely been a year and this one was supposed to be a long ass winter. Unless the NKs demise means no winter, which again, complete asspull because nothing of this was explained. The winter just suddenly became a non issue with noone mentioning it again.
Wars are over. And she has many allies in other houses. Unless the six kingdoms had a king who despised her, which didn't happen, she would have no problems at all trading with other cities.
Resources were scarce because they had to take care of the people of the North, the dothraki, the unsullied and the wildlings, as well as all the allies who helped them. I'm sure that once everyone left they would be fine, specially considering how many of them were dead.

I mean she is British...

And the spring coming is hinted with that little bit of grass growing out of the snow at the very end. When they cross he wall it's not even snowing there. I agree that it's not explained at all; if the NKs demise means the end of the winter, does that mean that there won't be winter anymore now that it's dead? Will the climate in North Westeros change radically? Is there an actual North further away with an actual winter? Who knows. But despite it not being explained it is clearly hinted that it's over.

And talking about things they didn't explain at all, what the fuck happened with the dothraki? Did they stay in Westeros? Where? Or did they fuck off back to Essos? When? Before or after they decided Jon's fate?

The entire "bring the dead to them" plot was the most stupid thing on the show. Assuming Cercei would fight alongside them, what happens after they win? They are still enemies so she marches back and then they fight? Daenerys would just kill her armies on the way back. The entire premise is so goddamn stupid. and Cercei did exactly what everyone would have done here.

>Why did she become so insufferable
She's one of the least well-written character of the show, user, her journey is dogshit.
> Seasons 1 - 5 : Sansa is a spineless victim abused by men of power is every way conceivable. She never once tries to do something drastic to break free from her condition, she endures and wimpers onscreen.
> seasons 6 - 8 : Sansa is now a cold-hearted bad bitch and everyone onscreen keeps telling you she is now considered a capable leader. You never see how competent she's become because you're never shown any actual political ploy she's dpeloyed that ends up hatching in her favor the way Tyrion did to oust Pycelle from the Small Council. She simply pouts at Jon/Daenerys and kills Littlefinger on a whim or by having figured out things off-screen in a rather unbelievable way.

She was always shit.

Attached: 1558167360042.jpg (797x1218, 248K)

>>Complete asspull desu, especially in front of the rest of noble houses and right after your brother has been named king.
>Yes and no.
No.
1) Why are we shown that Grey Worm & his Unsullied are unhinged and out for fucking blood, but still they spare Jon for murdering their Queen for him to be freed later by his sisters ? He should've been killed on the spot.

2) When debating for a new King, I don't see why Sansa would not mention Jon's true lineage, at least once, if only for him to be dismissed as a suitable choice. It would've made more sense than the Edmure Tully bit.

3) I don't fucking see why Sansa would still bitch & moan for the North if one of her relatives is to be named King of the 7 kingdoms.

4) Seriously think about how stupid it is, given the context : Sansa's FIRST MOVE in front of the Lords of Westeros is to rob her newly crowned brother short of his biggest kingdom. Her first action is literally an undermining one.

5) Why the fuck would the other Lords not seize the opportunity to demand independence too if the North can have it so easily ? There's no need to worry about a ruler if every one's just minding their own shit. We have seen that Dorne or the Iron Islands, for instance, have tried to break free from the Iron Throne as well and don't feel very fond of King's Landing in general. The North becoming independent during this power vacuum should have had a domino effect.

6) Why the fuck would the Great Houses care for shit about Bran, a spaced-out cripple who has no legitimacy nor experience whatsoever to rule ? Sansa would have been a better, more logical choice, and her being Queen would have prevented the North from breaking free, which as far as statescraft go is a huge deal. Jon too. And Tyrion should have been sent back to rule Casterly Rock : why allow a dude who's failed two monarchs be Hand again when you have the fucking all-seeing 3 eyed Raven just in front of you ?

It was all retarded.

Attached: ouh.jpg (490x490, 62K)