Does Yea Forums buy criterion kino?

Does Yea Forums buy criterion kino?

Attached: 78888_full.jpg (1920x1082, 714K)

>buy
only thing i biught was my home server

Yeah but I throw out the cases and just keep the discs.

Yes and I think it make me cool and I own 4 of those.

Nice.

I've got:

Rashomon
Kagemusha
Seven Samurai
Breakfast Club
Barry Lyndon
The Royal Tenenbaums

Wanted to complete my Kubrick collection and get paths of glory and Dr. strangelove but dr. strangelove is like $60. I'm hoping for a reprint soon.

>Black Narcissus
Is this the PC Nigger of the Narcissus?

Dr Strangelove bd is great, in terms of the packaging one of my favorites, I got it during one the flash sales. The Lone Wolf & Cub box and the Nikkatsu Noir box are a great deal if you're into those kind of movies.

I've got a year subscription. already have made great use of it. here's a list of movies I've watched

Muriel or the Time of Return
Jules and Jim
Antoine and Colette
Shoot the Piano Player
The Soft Skin
Stolen Kisses
Bed and Board
Two English Girls
Love on the Run
The Last Metro
The Woman Next Door
Confidentially Yours
Story of a Cheat
La Poisson
Pearls of the Crown
Quadrille
Desire
La Pointe Court
Cleo From 5 to 7
Le Bonheur
Mur Murs
Lola
Bay Of Angels
The Umbrellas of Cherbourg
The Young Girls of Rochefort
A Slightly Pregnant Man
Donkey Skin
La Collectioneuse
La Ronde
Casque D'or
Paris Belongs to Us
La Truite
French Cancan
El Amiche
La Notte
L'Eclisse
Red Desert
La Notte Bianchi
Senso
Adua and Her Friends
La Commare Secca
I Fidanzati
Kaos
Juliet of the Spirits
Taste of Cherry
Scrubbers
Youth of the Beast
Gate of Flesh
Fighting Elegy
Story of a Prostitute

I'm gonna get my $100 worth out of this.

i did in my teenage burgeoning cinephile phase but i realized my being ensnared by identity forming consumerism and went back to stealing

...And God Created Woman
Beyond the Valley of the Dolls
Good Morning
Life is Sweet
Umbrellas of Cherbourg

Yeah. I’d like to get more. Right now I only have Videodrome and The Game

Yes I have The Rock and Armageddon

>the 400 Blows

definitely check out the rest of the Antoine Doinel series. I think I liked all of the sequels more than 400 Blows, especially Stolen Kisses. but Love On The Run kinda sucks because it's more of a clip show/reunion special than an actual new movie in the series. still I wish there would have been even more antoine doinel movies once I was done with all of them.

criterion confuses me. i thought they released a mix of classic and kino shit that doesnt get printed much but then they included trashy 80s nostaglia shit like breakfast club

They're targeting a niche demographic but really they license whatever they think they can make money on.

>criterion
shitty ass quality blu rays for hipster faggot

I was able to sit through Umbrellas of Cherbourg but I really really hated how they sang every line. I thought the movie looked amazing and I wish more movies looked like it, but weren't THAT. also Catherine Deneuve was ugly and when she stopped waiting for the guy who went off to war and married the main character from Lola, and then the guy got back from the war and married the girl who looked after his mother, I thought he was trading up over deneuve big time. also it drove me crazy trying to figure out what the music was whenever something really sad was happening. a google search afterward helped me figure out it was Seymour waiting for Fry in front of the pizza place.

I didn't mind the Young Girls of Rochefort as much although I really hated a lot of the dancing. the songs sucked but I much prefer a more traditional musical where the characters talk normal and only occasionally sing. once again the eye-popping color was very welcome. I just wish it was used in a movie that wasn't so gay.

why couldn't Jacques Demy have kept making movies like Lola? Lola was really amazing, and had one (good!) song which was sung by Lola because she worked in a cabaret. Demy died of AIDS so I guess if he couldn't keep from buttfucking dudes then he similarly couldn't keep songs out of his movies. Shame.

>i did in my teenage burgeoning cinephile phase but i realized my being ensnared by identity forming consumerism and went back to stealing

Welcome to

Waiting for Dancer In The Dark to get the criterion treatment, hopefully

Watch The Model Shop, it's the sequel of Lola

I swear if DVD cases weren't so ugly I'd get into collecting. The cover art is nice but the form factor is such shit, compared to something like records or books

Only thing I buy is manga