Dies for literally nothing

>dies for literally nothing

Attached: varysdeath.jpg (1020x574, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1pTiXDfQTbU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

For the realm, Jaime?

>what do I always say?
>the greater the risk the greater the reward?

Lol wut? Wasn’t he the most careful master of whispers? Didn’t he survive like a dozen monarchs bc of this? Then he just blurts out treason? Ridiculous

>never gets brought up again

Attached: box.jpg (1237x683, 140K)

Did he really say this?

I haven't been watching because everything I'd heard on the internet sounded like literal fan-fiction tier. If this is true, it validates my entire existence.

he was trying to poison Kelly C.

>literally the only one to stare dragon in the face and take getting roasted alive on his own two feet like a champ
based in my book

But what happened to his letters?

No, Varys. For sneed

Bran could have saved him

Yes, he tells one of his spies this moments before he's arrested. It's ridiculous.

Everyone just kind of forgot about that.

>brilliant spymaster
>HEY DUDE WANNA BETRAY THE QUEEN???
>NOPE? OKAY BYE
>*dies*

bravo, d&d

i was really mad about this. i always thought varys was gonna do something about the god of fire. extremely disappointing when he just died without ever doing anything

He actually died an oddly noble death, trying to do what was right for the kingdom. He was vindicated the moment the slaughter started. This new order with a seer king is going to be an orwellian nightmare.

It seemed like a good idea until the rape squads were formed for the king's voyeuristic entertainment.

More like a pile of ashes that never accomplished anything.

Realistically, why the fuck would anyone care? Rightful heir means jack shit considering Robert (and Dany to a degree) were conquest rulers. If the people didn't accept Dany as a Targ heir, why would they accept Jon? Who is gonna prove it? He's got no dragons of his own. Bran and Sansa were obviously in it for themselves which is why they don't use their newfound power to vouch for him.

but they were beautiful

The Barathons had a few claims to Targ lineages and that was used as one of the justifications for Rob becoming king.

Not that it matters, the politics in GOT and especially the show, were always weak and retarded. "Whats Aragon's tax policy" aged very poorly.

cough cough

Attached: AAGGGGHH.jpg (410x452, 19K)

>Rightful heir means jack shit considering Robert (and Dany to a degree) were conquest rulers.
Robert was literally made king because he is related to the Targaryens on his mother's side. The Baratheons have a history of marrying into the Targaryen family so he actually has multiple ties to that royal bloodline. This matters because it's how you stop wars. The whole notion of hereditary rights and claims was derived as a means to settle disputes without resorting to war, and the nobility have a vested interest in upholding the claims of a king because it in turn strengthens their own claims and rights to inherit the lands they currently hold.

The politics of the books are solid, what issues do you have with the way it portrays feudal relationships?

>feudal relationships

In the show? You never get any real sense of a feudal society. The nobles are the most important people in the world and govern lands and control armies without any significant look into the support staff, institutions or hierarchy that make it run, except for Dani alil.

I only read the first SOIAF book and I heard it gets better especially the Euron stuff.

In the books he and Tyrion support a completely different Targaryen. But in the show that character doesn't exist so they both look like schizophrenics who are 100% loyal, pro-Dany, and competent until she arrives in Westeros at which point they start sabotaging the hell out of her and ultimately actively plan to overthrow her.

Yeah honestly. It was totally out of character with earlier seasons' Varys. Even worse than Littlefinger's death.

>"HEY WHO'S UP FOR SOME TREASON!!! I AM GONNA POISON YOUR QUEEN!! I'LL KEEP TRYING TO BACKSTAB YOUR QUEEN UNTIL ONE OR BOTH OF US ARE DEAD!!! HEY JON!!! HEY TYRION!!! HEY EVERYONE LOYAL TO DANY I'M GONNA KILL DANY!! HEY ALL THESE KIDS, KITCHEN STAFF, EVERYONE IN WESTEROS!! MASTER OF WHISPERS HERE- HEY!!!"

>>dies for literally nothing
He was affiliated with the Lord of Light. Lord of Light BTFO'd

>The whole notion of hereditary rights and claims was derived as a means to settle disputes without resorting to war

Yeah and about five seconds after this happens everyone just agrees to totally abolish this hereditary monarchy and hold elections instead, so who the fuck cares? If Tyrion had just given a few people a three minute little speech right before this they could've elected anyone they wanted King by vote.

Varys and Tyrion support Young Griff in the books? Who the hell does the dragon cunt have on her side then?

He also walks up to Jon on the beach when there are several underlings around and basically starts talking about Jon's claim to the throne in a pretty overt way.
youtube.com/watch?v=1pTiXDfQTbU

everyone in season 8 died for literally nothing
nothing in season 8 made any sense
none of the character's actions had any rational motivations - they were just doing stupid shit to drive the plot to the retarded end that D&D wanted

Imagine being this ignorant

Dorne and the Greyjoys are keen, but she burnt the Dorne heir.

It's like the show has been shit for 4 seasons already. Good thing we haven't actually watched it, we would feel so stupid otherwise, haha.

welcome to game of thrones faggot

The final episode was literally a 30 minute conversation about who should be king. And it wasn't even an intense conversation. They kinda causally talk about who should be King and nonchalantly decide to change the very form of government and centuries of tradition based on the random suggestion of Peter Dinklage. He just brings it up and they go with it.

"How about an elected monarchy?"
"Yeah sure sounds cool."

Attached: game-of-thrones-season-8-episode-6-arya-bran-sansa.jpg (940x627, 108K)

>"How about an elected monarchy?"
How about a system of government that gives you a chance to rule.

It was a conflict among gods, and he was affiliated with a God who lost.

>”My fellow Electors, we are now the Holy Roman Empire, nothing can go wrong”
Really threw me off how they included that bit about European history

What was danys god? She didn’t pray to the seven or anything

>What was danys god? She didn’t pray to the seven or anything
That I do not know. Are Dragon's with the Lord of Light? I wouldn't think so, but they do love to burn shit and the Lord of Light seems to also love that.

>azor Prophecy falls flat
>melisandres prophecy about arya falls flat
>dany doesn’t have a single characterization besides chains bad
Bravo HBO

>hey all you guys with your own private armies
>how about an election to pick the king, only you six people can vote and only you six people can be chosen
>Also its established that any kingdom can declare independence if you ask the king and hes says ok
>lets ignore that Dorne and the Iron Isles also had full scale secessionist movements
>Also anyone can be lord now, bastards legitimized by girl-hitler, cut-throat who threatened his way into ruling the Reach
>this is going to work-out fine

six months later

Attached: jblxkfhycaey.png (3715x3966, 3.71M)

What about the Tarly lads?

>>azor Prophecy falls flat
>>melisandres prophecy about arya falls flat
>>dany doesn’t have a single characterization besides chains bad
>Bravo HBO
Prophecy fails because the gods are not omnipotent. That's far cooler than the alternative.

that's what happens when you've been brainwashed to think that democracy is the greatest thing in the world, you can't write convincing political systems anymore

Serves them right, they trusted a female with power

bran foresaw all of this

Wait, what happened to casterly rock

Dany is a Targ with a strong claim and the entire Baratheon line is descended from the bastard half brother of Aegon the Conqueror

In the beginning of season 8,

The Westerland lord and most of his family wre killed.

The Dornish prince and heir were killed and the government was taken over by the sand snakes who are also dead.

The Riverland lords entire family were killed and baked into cakes over night

The reachs' lord and his family were also killed

The stormlands havent had a lord since season one

To say the political scene is a bit chaotic is an understatement. People would literally be rioting to put Jon on the throne for no other reason than for stability.

Attached: bDWxFu8.jpg (1092x2244, 723K)

Rhaegar was Azor Ahai. Sadly Bobby B killed him and now the realm is doomed.

>Who the hell does the dragon cunt have on her side then?
Well she did have Dorne on her side, they even sent Doran Martell's son to Mereen to propose a marriage, but she rejected him bc he's ugly/awkward. Then he stupidly tried to steal a dragon and it burned him alive. So that alliance is dead in the water. Dragon cunt has nobody on her side except for her unsullied....and 3 fucking dragons, which I think is more than enough.

Gods I was strong then

But who’s lord of casterly rock and lanissport now

this is now a
>COUGH COUGH
thread

Attached: COUGHCOUGH.png (456x381, 166K)

Literally betrayed his queen

who knows

In the show? At the start of season 8, in theory it's Jaime. He's Tywin's son and he was expelled from the Kingsguard in season 6, which means he's back in the line of succession. I really don't understand why Cersei would have done that since that means that her entire powerbase shifts to Jaime.

In the books, I think it's Cersei, although she's about to go on trial and if she loses then I guess it would pass to some distant Lannister relative, maybe the Lannisters of Lannisport (who are like the Lannister equivalent of the Karstarks).

Attached: Grey-Cough.png (456x381, 166K)

>nobody read his letters
JuSt LikE Me

Who the fuck were the letters even for? He could talk directly everyone except the prince of Dorne and he didn't get a letter it seems.

Does Kevan not have kids that it would go to?

Why didnt Bran warg into Cersei and make her surrender, saving millions of lifes?

She might not have surrendered but the city did and it didn't matter

A better question would be why didn't he warg into Dany to stop her from going too far? Or on Drogon to throw her off while in flight.

What was even his plan? He wanted to poison Dany and then what? What would he do after Dany was dead? How would they take KL without her dragons and army?

>Why didnt Bran warg into Cersei and make her surrender, saving millions of lifes?

Bran can only warg into animals and retards. Hodor was already retarded before he was made into Hodor. I'm not sure what GRRM is saying here.

So, dany and Cersei included

>Bran can only warg into animals and retards.

So... He can't warg into Meera Reed's lover as he's putting a baby in her, thus vicariously experiencing the physical act of love?

Attached: it's your baby bran.jpg (386x777, 83K)

She wouldn't have "gone crazy" if it wasn't for him. Kind of like the exact thing he did to her father.

>cucking yourself by fucking your girl in another mans body, cucking him as well
That’s 4D cuckolding.

>a dozen monarchs

uh, no? how old do you think he is?

Kevan's kids were Lancel and those two boys the Karstarks killed. But either way with Westeros' laws, Casterly Rock would go to Tywin's daughter before any of his nieces or nephews.

You could say that about half the cast.

>but she burnt the Dorne heir.
firstly, quentyn is alive and secondly he did that himself by trying to mount a dragon. She had nothing to do with it.

Did you even read the books or are you a wikishit?

This is Westeros. He can warg into any given animal and find a rape with a few hundred yards, any age range he pleases. I forget if he can 'feel' what the animal he is warged into can, but better hope not, of bestiality will be getting more common.

The good old days when luxemburg was one of the biggest german states

>Bran and Sansa were obviously in it for themselves which is why they don't use their newfound power to vouch for him.
I actually don't mind Jon going back past the wall, in theory, as he will likely be far happier there, living free with the free folk. But that single sentence is what burns me. No one bats for him, not in any meaningful way.

>looking at that post with this POV

>Tyrion rats Varys out for betraying the queen
>Literally walks away from his execution to betray the queen because he’s so sure Varys was right
>He ends the series as being picked has Hand by the alleged smarted man in the world
Excellent

Based HRE

Luxemburg wasn't one of the biggest states, the House of Luxemburg controlled a lot of territory. It's like saying Habsburg was the biggest state.

well he tortured and killed him after he got the box... what else is there to say

>fucking a girl with another man's dick

Attached: 1489743887000.jpg (687x1117, 654K)

He did a lot of things. Delivered a lot of good lines. And died doing what he loved.

his death woke Tyrion up, Tyrion waking up made him give the speech to Jon.
Varys death saved the realm.

He started the fire

>based
>HRE