Why did RLM lost it's luster? will they ever return to their past glory?

Why did RLM lost it's luster? will they ever return to their past glory?

Attached: 1521949407649.gif (540x474, 1.84M)

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/8273050/George-Lucas-says-world-will-end-in-2012.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

When they started bringing their creepy, unfunny, uncharismatic friends on. Josh, Max Landis, that creepy guy with the mustache that just awkwardly sits there and barely says anything.

They really need to announce when they're going to review something like Under the Silver Lake beforehand so I can plan on watching it before the video comes out. Statistically speaking, videos get the most views when they're released so while you could just queue the episode up and watch it later, the majority of people watching the video are just going to ruin the movie for themselves by watching their review first

Dunno but Mike seriously looks like he's dying lately

I agree, people always joked about him being depressed but he really looks that way now. Never seen someone so young with such a lethargic demeanor.

Don't know what you're going on about, RLM is still awesome

No they don't even care anymore. Rich Evans wasn't even in their Endgame he just gave up now that they're almost at 1 million subs

Nah fuck them. They've attacked their audience since their inception. Luckily they look extremely unhealthy so they won't be around for much longer.

Being fat does a number on your testosterone. They’re all past the age when it declines naturally, but Mike and Rich likely have much lower levels because of their weight. Not too mention the booze.

I wonder how many Yea Forums users will kill themselves the second they make a joke about incels.

They constantly make jokes about them, they just call them nerd virgins. On Pre Rec Rich Evans used to say shit like this all the time
>If I could do it, no one has any excuses
Jay does the retard neckbeard voice

How do we save Jay before the others drag him down into their depression abyss?

why dont they get drunk anymore?

He'll be FINE

Attached: mike-stoklasa-is-very-healthy.png (897x839, 570K)

Too many crimes happen when mike gets drunk.

Patreon money has dismotivated them from actually making good content, why do that when people are giving you money for free.

They have a cycle of putting out a few really great vids a year and then the rest is kind of meh.

The starwars reviews were funny
The rest is absolute shit with

>hate crimes

Seven months ago they had to shoot a BotW over two days because they got so drunk.

Jay gets younger and stronger the more they age and sink into depression, he'll be fine.

Their rant in the Under the Silver Lake video about how they won't review shitty blockbusters and only what they want is pretty embarrassing because they've made it clear they're really only equipped to review shitty blockbusters.

They should review Pikachu, Sonic, Hellboy, etc. They aren't above it and it's what their Patrons want to see. If they proved they could provide interesting analysis on films with more substance I would think different but they really can't.

It's not really their fault, modern movies are such shit they aren't worth talking about.

Why review that when capeshit and star wars brings more views? Never mind that they think capeshit and star wars are OK.

>VIII wasn't a mess, it was messy
It was a fucking disaster.

They're hackfrauds.

They will be fine as long as some random faggot makes a thread about them on Yea Forums

Mike stopped caring before they started filming Space Cop. He only continues doing Half in the Bag because Jay enjoys doing them and Jay has no chemistry with Rich Evans so Mike has to continue doing the show. Mike is a good friend

Mike will unironically love Rise of Skywalker, mark my words

BOTW is their only good series.

too much money, made them complacent

if JJ goes the same route as Force Awakens of "do nothing new or interesting but give the fans an enjoyable movie" I'm sure he will at first, but realize it was mediocre afterwards

That review was really weird, it was basicaly Mike in his brainlet tier rambles checking in here and there with abstract daddy Jay if he was correct.

Patrician!

because for the past 6 months every other HitB is the latest capeshit and since all those movies follow the same formula the reviews follow the same formula as well.

hating their audience

being so comfortable that they care less

hate doing what they do now, and don't even hide it, and blame fans of theirs for having to do it

openly mock their fans

no longer have the desire or drive to earn the respect and admiration of their fanbase like in the beginning

no longer enjoy what they are doing

paid by disney and have become disney shills

i.e. the same thing that happens to anything that gets too popular

How much did Disney pay them to shit all over Brie Larson for the majority of their Captain Marvel review and then have Jay not even recommend the movie? Did they pay them more for that than they did for them to not even review Ant Man and the Wasp?

>the same thing that happens to anything that gets too popular
They are still really really low tier as far as youtubers is compared, specially taking into account how long they've been around. They are barely breaking 1 million subscribers and there are plenty of people with over 10 or more.

It's the same cringey shitshow as ever, it's just that you fags have gotten jaded about it.

I agree. The only one they should bring on more often is Macaulay Culkin.

cringe

yes
the capeshit are ending and nerd culture is leaving

I fucked all their prequel arguments two years ago and made them look like faggots.

They are still great compared to other movie focused channel but i do miss those skits they did on HitB.

Wow you sound pretty cool

>It's a good movie, there's lots of great acting but it's like a mumblecore movie. Everyone's talking over each other, everyone's miserable, and it's gray and it's about people dying in a fire.

Attached: 4536474.png (1037x581, 891K)

Mike likes happy, by the numbers, feel-good bullshit. He actually has terrible taste in movies.

very cool

reddit letter media

No. Because they know it's partly their fault that they killed Star Wars.

Last time I checked none of them had a writing or directing or producing credit on any Star Wars films

Their smears of Lucas (with the help of the People vs. George Lucas) helped paved the way for Jorge selling it to Disney.

We did this to them. This is our fault.

They never recovered after the release of Space Cop.

jay is insufferable to watch.

i'm serious. every single HITB he interrupts mike, takes over, and guessing without counting, he speaks twice as much as mike during each episode.

really i just want to listen to mike because at least mike has opinions. jay just watches whatever bullshit.

whats weird is you see mike talk about how he doesnt want to nitpick things. he abandoned plinkett. he doesnt want to do plinkett reviews anymore.

rich and mike are the team. jay is just awful. same with the rest of the crew.

also mike got fat and lazy and is turning into the audience he once complained about. you can see as he actually likes a lot of films and just doesnt care about bad plots. oh except for "safe" movies he can crap on like the mummy.

I think that's giving these losers a little too much credit.

Based ESL poster

Good.

agree

The Nerd Crew skits are good. But not much else.

George unironically thought the world was going to end in 2012 so he sold to Disney thinking he'd never have to worry about any new SW movies being made.

telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/8273050/George-Lucas-says-world-will-end-in-2012.html
>"George Lucas sits down and seriously proceeds to talk for around 25 minutes about how he thinks the world is going to end in the year 2012, like, for real. He thinks it.

>"He's going on about the tectonic plates and all the time Spielberg is, like, rolling his eyes, like, 'My nerdy friend won't shut up, I'm sorry ...'

>much less Plinkett. They should have had at least 1 major Plinkett review a year (Harry Potter films, MCU, typical Plinkett pop culture shit)
>storylines in Half in the Bag. I liked these. They had a few years worth of storylines going, then just stopped them.
>Mike/Jay not being part of a sizable amount of RE:View or Best of the Worst

once in a while they will do something amazing

like scientist man
or nerd crew.

notice both of these are mike/rich tag team.

George was using deadpan humor. That's why Spielberg rolled his eyes.

they were the first (and only) to suggest that jj abhrams direct star wars.

Why did they suddenly hijack their own review to shit on Detective Pikachu? Disney wrote them another check?

Any re:Views with Jay + Josh I regret watching, I'm convinced Jay is a sex pervert and possibly a serial killer.

>Mike/Jay not being part of a sizable amount of RE:View or Best of the Worst
My personal view is that every single Best of the Worst episode should have Rich Evans in it. He is almost always either saying the funniest stuff or is the butt of the funniest jokes. Also his analysis of bad movies is actually pretty nice to listen to!

because they're doing all they can to avoid hitting one million

BotW without Mike is almost unwatchable, but Rich is nearly as important in that regard

He's a vampire

the VHS, DVD and Bluray collection videos are absolute kino, and you can't prove me wrong

Soi stops him from growing up

Their TFA and TLJ reviews were some of the worst takes on those films and were phoned in plodding rambles.

Based

By the time they reviewed captain marvel brie had already started her attacks on the marvel fans so disney told RLM to hit her as hard as they could

Jay is credited as Daisy Ridley's body double.

Space Cop wasn't as bad as you incels try to project. Fuck off.

These guys actually have fucking shit taste. They rip on only the easiest of targets but don't have the balls to properly shit all over capeshit. It's all about views of course but still they shouldn't even be covering that garbage. Then you see the shit that they actually recommend and it all fucking sucks. Clovehitch Killer? Fucking BAD

Definitely.

That shit legit cured my insomnia, it knocks me out almost instantly.

I'm forever grateful to them now i can finally sleep without spiraling in madness.

>Why did RLM lost it's luster?
it is, of course, aidsmoby's fault.
>will they ever return to their past glory?
Their only path to it leads directly to Space Cop 2.

I blame you.

If you don't like buttered toast then stop fucking eating it.

But i'm fucking hungry.

I SAID STOP!

>still not at a million even after they got plugged by CGP Grey

Attached: jay.png (754x816, 668K)

he was by far the worst guest so far
>like yeah like yeah like yeah

seek help

But he is white and has all his hair, that's how people here judge if someone is good or not.

Or you know they just don't have interest in pokeman movie because they didn't grew up with them.

>implying

>CGP Grey
literaly who

They have no interests in comics either but don't miss a single capeshit movie.

But unlike with pokeman they probably grew up with some kinda capeshit adaption.

How old are you that mike seems young

It's pretty fucking bad.

Do they even like movies? They seem miserable when they talk about a movie they recently watched.

Is Jay the villain in the Mike Stoklasa biopic?

This, when the movie industry is shit everything around it is shit too. This problem is as big as hollywood itself.

he means plinkett was funny and entertaining. he doesn't care about 'takes' because he's got the right approach to life

Why does Mike hate movies with apes in them?

They don't give a shit about movies and all their reviews are the same shallow surface tier eye glazing empty words

He's a hard core christian and fucking loathes evolution theory.

they are in the stage of pre-production of Space Cop 2: Spacefleet Academy right now

source: trust me, bro

Get some real friends

Jay and Rich will like it.
Mike has fallen out of love for Star Wars. He doesn’t care anymore. Not even as a Hate-to-love-it way of caring. Disney Star Wars is just a soulless Disney cashgrab protected by leftist politics. It is not even fun to criticize anymore.
At most he will pretend to defend it like he did for Solo for Rich. Then he’ll make Plinkett review calling it better than TLJ but still boring and that Star Wars should remain buried.

JJ Abrams admitted the Plinkett Reviews inspired his movie and that he watched them.

>no venom, john wick 3, hellboy, pokemon review
>but lets review a year old movie
>hid their patreon numbers because they're making so much they're ashamed of it
>no interesting guests
>no insightful reviews like jack and jill
they've became reddit. full r e d d i t

also no Alita and no Bumblebee

Nice try, RLM damage control

>ashamed
The guys made Space Cop and released it. I don't think they're able to feel shame.

yeah but it was self aware and ironic. you can eat literal shit and as long as you say its ironic its ok.

They don’t want to review Bumblebee because they don’t want to admit it is good.

They only care about Transformers to make a “ironic” meme video not reviewing or putting the movie on TV alongside the others.

They need to make a Star Trek video every month.

Attached: 1539555907670.jpg (500x885, 294K)

Jay is fat again.

They should let Mike make more videos about his belief in ghosts and force Jay to sit with him.

The irony is they make fun of movies done bad on purpose, yet they make a movie that's bad on purpose.

It was extra embarrassing because we already know they are gonna review the next Jurrasic World or big MCU film for the views. If they were committed to their beliefs, they would never review a capeshit ever again and only review cancer movies. But they don’t want to chase away their audience.

>all this autistic paranoia because they liked movies you didn’t

>sell your billion dollar life’s work because a drunk midwestern bullied you
Lmao George is an incel.

>autistic paranoia
>Yea Forums
How is this even possible?

>dude talking animals are childish! we will never review it!
>OMG I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY!

I'd say they peaked with Promethus and fell down around the time tfa came out
Their reviews just uninspiring now

This.
T. Fatass losing weight
I'd say more than that his diet absolutely is dogshit and making him depressed
Fuck all to do in Milwaukee
T. In a shithole with nothing to do but watch kino

Why they even like GOTG anymore? GOTG Vol. 2 had some pretty atrocious dialogue for characters lile Drax.

No, alcohol is the villain.

>They will never, ever review Nukie

Mike lost his faith in what he's doing. His Star Wars rants didn't change anything, his family comedy skits didn't take off, HitB was a success but kept on going, the only movie he's ever made was a miserable flop.

He's not swimming, he's just floating.

Come on, Macaulay. Even you know that’s not true.

Attached: 7921DBAC-2161-4A2B-BDAD-51E7612176FF.gif (500x266, 506K)

Sauce?

Damn

I would gladly shit in your open mouth. Send pm with address, I'll start eating some Mexican food.

You're welcome.

lost what? what glory?

Completely agree. I actually prefer Jack as the fourth chair, just because he can hold a conversation, and he blocks everyone else who could potentially take that spot.

Attached: rlm.png (148x148, 39K)

What is with the correlation between RLM viewing and depression? I went through a massive bout of depression recently that lasted about a year, and all I wanted to do was watch Best of the Worst. Everything else bored me. Now that I've returned to a state of relative normalcy, I haven't watched anything RLM-related in months, and am actually enjoying other things again.

Could he just sit there and stay silent?

I went through something similar. I don't know why but I also watched botw episodes. One after another.

I can't even begin to imagine how boring your lives must be if you spend time religiously watching and discussing this e-celeb garbage

Space Cop just showed the big hypocrite they are.

They're not correlated. You probably watched RLM a lot because you had more free time.
You have less free time now because you're probably living healthier and are busier.

Everyone indulges in "comfy" familiar things when depressed. When you're not depressed you gain interest in other things.

Have there been any new good RLM memes lately? Seems like we keep using the same old stale memes.

I unironically cringed when they started making fun of Detective Pikachu. Not even a pokemonfag, just the thought of 2 grown men thinking they're cool making fun of a children's movie is cringeworthy.

Especially since they’ve reviewed faggier kiddie movies before.

You are a literal fucking moron for not seeing theyre Disney shills
Even fucking normies can tell the difference between Plinkett's prequel critiques and the shallow wiffle bat pokes that are his sequel critiques.
"Rian isnt a bad guy..", he said unironically after everything that fag did on social media while shitting all over Lucas? Gimmie a fucking break

I don't watch their serious movie reviews since they have horribly close minded opinions and by they I mean Mike but BotW's are watchable if you skip the sketch they do at the beginning of the video.Rich seems like the smartest one and pretty funny too but that fucking laugh.

Youre a dumbfuck.
Even as far back as the 80s, there was star wars shit in disney theme parks, including a ride in the old tomorrowland.
That deal has been talked about for the longest time

>Why did RLM lost it's luster?
because everyone watches now pic related, a more superior channel

Attached: 1541203949231.png (2024x1029, 3.89M)

If you're talking about Plinkett reviews you're right. If you mean the normal shows like hitb and botw then you're dead wrong. I've watched them since day 1 and they're at least as good now as in the beginning. Half in the bag was always kind of meh and best of the worst always had better and worse episodes. They still make hysterically funny ones occassionally. Maybe every third episode or so. If you honestly think hitb and botw are significantly different now you literally have brain problems. You were less depressed in 2013 or whatever and since you lack self-awareness you project that on the quality of media products.

Re:view of Pleasantville or Truman Show when?

Watching cinemassacre makes the RLM hanger-ons seem so much better

Watch early half in the bag again. Every episode is some terrible now forgotten hollywood flick with Jay shitting on it and Mike going "eh it wasn't TERRIBLE I recommend it"

are people really this mad at them just because they didnt review le yellow mouse movie
why would they? they're boomers they were like 20 when pokemania was a thing it means nothing to them

>They agree with Yea Forums
BEST YOUTUBERS
>They disagree with Yea Forums
WOW WHAT KEKS HOW DID THEY DOWNFALL?

Attached: 1411927653376.png (800x900, 646K)

>I unironically cringed when they started making fun of Detective Pikachu.
That fucking garbage deserves it.

>the thought of 2 grown men thinking they're cool making fun of a children's movie is cringeworthy.

What about the thought of grown men who actually want to see a fucking Pokemon movie? That is way more cringeworthy. It is not a kids movie, they gave Pikachu Deadpools voice, so they obviously want the 30 year old beta virgin audience to see this shit as well as kids. That is why RLM is making fun of it, and why you are so triggered, its fucking garbage that grown men should be ashamed of wanting to watch, but they watch it anyway because they have no willpower and are complete fucking failures in life. RLM's mocking of that is deserved, and may actually ake these faggots change their pathetic lives.

don't be sad it's over user, be happy that it happened, 2012 Yea Forums during the rise of RLM , Dan Scheinder, i/carly, Bane, and Victorious Ariana Grande period was the peak of human entertainment.

So is capeshit and they gladly watch it.

The force awakens half in the bag episode.
The plinkett "review" was the obituary.

Incorrect. Both the HitB and Plinkett reviews were great, and that came the following summer after TFA, but I'll agree that their Star Wars stuff has taken a nosedive in recent years. It's sort of sad that some random youtube furry did a way better job skewering TLJ than Plinkett did.

Most of their recent videos are in agreement with the general Yea Forums consensus, though.

yeah and it was great

This, I never understand their attitude

They need to be Fantano for movies and TV, review fucking EVERYTHING

None of them have jobs, genuinely wtf else are they doing

>So is capeshit

If you think you can put Pokemon on the same level as The Dark Knight or Watchmen, you are beyond fucking retarded.

It would help if Half in the Bag actually fucking reviewed movies that aren't Star Wars and Marvel. No Hellboy 2019 review is the recent glaring omission.

It's on the same level as Shazam.

I think I can put it there, its pure expressionist cinema. And therefore lying.

How about instead of being the Fantano of movies, they be the RLM of movies and review what they want to?

You mean movies like Paddleton and Under the Silverlake?

>Hellboy 2019
Oh you mean they should stop reviewing capeshit and instead review different capeshit. Fucking regard.

Well yeah they're all shitty movies about cartoon characters.

They still didn't give Rogue One a fair review. RLM has been a laughingstock ever since. You can't trust they won't kneecap any given movie to push an agenda.

>They still didn't give Rogue One a fair review.
Translation: they didn't say what I wanted them to say about Rogue One

>push an agenda
What "agenda" were they pushing by not liking Rogue One?

Space cop + giving TFA a free pass

>They made a movie I didn't like
>They had an opinion on a movie I didn't like
This place really is littered with retarded children isn't it?

Tony the Phonie doesn't review everything, he's not even managing to cover everything big and important. He knows jack shit about a lot of genres including current electronic music, techno, ambient etc.

>We won't review shitty blockbusters, except for when 95% of our HitB output is reviewing shitty blockbusters like every legacy franchise sequel or superhero movie that comes out

>>We won't review shitty blockbusters
They've never said this. Are you really this butthurt that they don't have any interest in your stupid Pokemon movie?

>dude imagine how pathetic you'd have to be to be a grown man buying a ticket for Shazam lol
>Endgame was fuckin BADASS and funny cuz Thor was fat but then Captain America picked up the hammer and it was so awesome

>dude imagine how pathetic you'd have to be to be a grown man buying a ticket for Shazam lol
Looks like they struck a nerve.

>>Endgame was fuckin BADASS and funny
What contradiction or hypocrisy are you trying to point out when they liked both Shazam and Endgame?

>creepy
found the normalfaggot or a woman
either way go back

They've explicitly said they try to review things that people are seeing.

...that they themselves are also interested in.

The botw with maculay culkin was great. One of the best episodes but besides that its all be trash lately. I can’t even get myself through any of the other videos. Especially that one with the mustache dude

>its all be trash

I love RLM don't put words in my mouth

Nah dude I wouldn't like it if they uploaded multiple videos a week like every other movie reviewer. That shit is obnoxious and grifting for views