Star trek Enterprise

I've been going through the star trek series on Netflix to see what I've been missing all these years. I've finally got to Enterprise and I have to say it is one of my favorites. I don't understand why so many people don't like it.

Attached: Enterprise.jpg (2500x1667, 976K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DydIK14AvXI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I really enjoyed seeing the beginning of Starfleet before the Federation was founded. everything was more grounded and the exploration was rough and less clean and perfect as later set series. characters couldn't just beam out of every situation, replicate whatever equipment they needed, or call in a fleet of starships for backup. They were often stranded and were more often than not less advanced than the civilizations they made first contact with.

Attached: enterprise2.jpg (800x450, 64K)

I also found the characters far more relatable than the ones futher in the future. everyone is actually more human and less wooden and perfect even in the way they speak to each other. I also think its interesting to explore the early relations with the vulcans and see how much they were cockblocking humanity.

Attached: enterprise1.jpg (1010x568, 185K)

I love this series and everything you say is exactly how I feel.

At least it feels trek, unlike the new woke version. God I am so tired of everything being woke and progressive being rammed into every goddamn show and movie nowadays.

star trek is so gay

It was burn out annon you had TNG/DS9/VOY back to back the first 2 seaons were wasted on the temporal cold war bs plot. It finally started to get good in season 3 and great in season 4 but it was too late by that point.

Id read the books if i were you it talks about the romulan war and its pretty good.

>on Netflix
you fucking fag

me either, its far from the best but its really consistently good, much more so than others

yeah i just got to s2 ep26 and i've still enjoyed it so far. i just see it as the first wierd thing humans encounter in deep space but the genetically enhanced aliens always somehow sneaking on to the ship is getting annoying but i'm glad it won't last much longer.

youre right TNG was good but a lot of episodes felt like nothing happened. VOY had that weird time travel to the 90s thing. DS9 was the most intense with constant war. The original series was really camp but it kept my interest.

Why can't ENT fans start a thread about their show without making it sound like they are victims?

pilot episodes and time travel plot line were god awful and turned a lot of people off probably

Because dukat did nothing wrong. All these asshats trying to paint him as a crazed murderer when all he wanted was to bring his vision to life. So what if some bajorans died in the process it was for the greater good for the rest of the alpha quadrant.

ENT is the patrician Trek

>literally no escape from DS9 spam
Jesus Christ

>the Trek that was so embarrassed about being a Trek show it didn't even use the Star Trek name until facing cancellation is the patrician Trek
Makes you think

Also if i had to choose a captain to serve with it would be Archer or Kirk as they are the most down-to-earth. They seem like as the ships got bigger the captains became more elitest and have a holier than thou personality. Basically they went from the captain of a ship to the mayor of a city.

Attached: porthos.jpg (1003x1500, 187K)

when you have a ship with thousands of people in it and have to coordinate military, scientific and civilian activities you are basically a mayor/king

Enterprise is just a comfort blanket for boomers. Now DS9 is a Trek show with balls.

>Enterprise is just a comfort blanket for boomers.
What does that make Quantum Leap?

Attached: 1523510449549.jpg (576x432, 23K)

baby milky botty

So this is the part where TNG jumps the shark?

Attached: file.png (1424x1080, 1.76M)

What does Vulcan milk taste like?

Attached: 1557830747086.png (640x640, 111K)

Attached: Gul_Dukat_Takes_Miam.jpg (455x600, 57K)

The main antagonist was too ambiguous and the way they resolved their conflict was rushed.

It was very different to the Trek everyone was used to when it came out. There was also some hijinks about the network there were on and it certainly was not put on the track for success.

As I've gotten older, I've learned to appreciate it as well. Carbon Creek is one my favourite episodes, or at least its one of the comfiest. It's a real shame it got cancelled because I like the direction it was going, and it was going to be kino to see the foundation of Star Fleet

Pecan pie

vulcans are minty fresh

Attached: _female__spock___cosplay_by_m3r3nw3n_dct3r2b-fullview.jpg (900x600, 38K)

Honestly you can't go back to Trek after DS9 deconstructed all of it and exposed all the flaws.
That's why VOY and ENT failed and why Discovery took the approach of showing a more realistic federation with Section 31 being basically their CIA.

When it's episodic, it's great. When it chips slowly away at the long stretched season long arcs, then it sucks bad.

She's ugly af

Where's Bash at?

Attached: 1546891603375.png (705x952, 642K)

This but unironically, ENT felt like sci fi, TNG, voyager and to an extent DS9, was fucking fantasy in my opinion.

stop that
it's annoying and kills threads

It doesn't kill threads. anyway, why haven't you made a general?

cringe

but true

guys, it counts

Attached: cmon.jpg (220x268, 14K)

DS9>ENT>TOS>TNG>>>VOY

I really enjoyed how it made me hate Vulcans. Andorans are such Bros

How does it feel to be reduced from this to starring in a youtube original about an old gay/young couple

>totally change Vulcans because you can't use Romulans
>lol dude Vulcans bad!!! and stupid!

This, Vulcan fucking shits
and based Andorians who literally did more to save Earth from the Xindi than the fucking Vulcans. Which is pointed at by Archer at his debriefing with the vulcans

It tried to give characters multi-season arcs, instead of them basically just being the same person in Season 7 than they were in the pilot.

Archer and T'Pol, through various fuckups and trauma, go from a naive astronaut and a cynical bitch to basically being Kirk and Spock

But the hardcore fans wanted more TNG and nobody else gave a shit after Voyager. Season 4 still has some of the best TV Trek ever made.

Attached: 1558304741754.jpg (1024x576, 39K)

actors are whores, they just want attention

Attached: bf.png (707x701, 506K)

IT'S BEEN A LONG ROAD

Of course the racists frog posters latch on the worst Trek show to feel different from "normies"

I guess this is a /trek/ thread. Anyone else seen STD ads? First time I've ever seen them on Yea Forums.

Attached: 4chan ads STD CBS.jpg (1017x413, 111K)

>Complaining about continuity
>In star trek

Yeah, it isn't my favorite Trek, but it's certainly better than Voyager.

I kinda see Enterprise as the Dragonball GT of Trek. Both got a lot more hate then they deserved due to bad first impressions with fans.

>Honestly you can't go back to Trek after DS9 deconstructed all of it and exposed all the flaws.
It's funny. I'm more of a right of center guy when it comes to politics, but I do still enjoy the old lefty hippie utopia of the one world and interstellar government of The Federation. I never did finish DS9 and haven't gone back to episodes in years. Yet it's most post-modern deconstruction of the utopia of the original shows doesn't really ruin it for me rewatching the older stuff.

Attached: william-shatner-star-trek.jpg (520x295, 99K)

Rand in The Outer Limits
Kirk in The Outer Limits

Attached: Grace Lee Whitney in The Outer Limits (1963).jpg (527x1000, 49K)

No, because literally everyone else uses in adblocker

Boldly staying where no one has stayed before...

Attached: 1554609128768.png (720x541, 186K)

she cute

Would be a shame if someone informed CBS their ads are on a nazi incel hate site linked to mass shootings

Hell yes. It learned from the comfiness of TNG and VOY while also taking the serialization of DS9 and (only noticing upon rewatch) late TNG.

Those watching S3 would've enjoyed it more in the current binge-watching era. It starts off as an "uncharacteristic" quest for revenge that eventually ends up going right back to Trek ideals while still having war-weariness that DS9 only occasionally touched upon.

Demons and Terra Prime is a fantastic, and bittersweet, last hurrah.

Season 3 is a sloppy, rambling mess and by season 4 it's drooling and pissing itself. Outside of T'Pol's arc the first two seasons are the best.

not liking it was a hindsight thing. people liked it when it was airing. i remember watching it with my dad who was a huge trekkie and he loved it. the only thing I hate about the show is the ridiculous theme song.

This.

Fuck serialized dramas, and fuck jannies.

Here's the Thing: At the time, ST: Voyager just ended, and fans were really looking forward to moving FORWARD in the timeline of the franchise. Something maybe with a new crew but with occasional cameos from the previous cast of other shows. It didn't exist at the time, but fans were craving a Star Trek "TV cinematic universe". The producers of Trek dropped the ball on that one not having enough crossovers.

Instead the fans got a huge prequel set far, far back in time. No one was asking for this. This put so many people off. Not many people were interested in or asking the question of "What was space travel like before shields and transporters?". And The answer we got was kind of bland. (They just made the hull "harder", or they used primitive transporters where the tech wasn't perfect yet).

ENT debuted with huge numbers (5 to 6 million per episode viewers) but Season 1 and S2 really took their time to get going. Writing was really slow to get going with it's story. Writing was a touch too corny at times too. Ratings dropped hard. By the time the show really started to get good in Season 3 and 4 (where they changed writers), the network had decided to pull the plug.

It's interesting to note that even at it's lowest ratings Enterprise (1 to 2 million viewers for each episode), it still beats ST:Discovery's modern ratings (around 200k viewers per episode streamed). CBS cancelled Enterprise for what it considered "low ratings" at the time. Now it wishes STD could get those numbers.

They just wanted to rip-off Stargate SG-1 and all the other low tech semi-realistic sci-fi shows.

Or maybe it was just too difficult to think of what to do post Voyager, after they'd started getting more into higher tech like time travel, and instantaneous travel.

maybe. I'm kind of annoyed that the lazy answer to "far future" tech is always time travel

I mean, they had time travel since TOS they just never mad a big deal about it.

Enterprise was comfy.
IT'S BEEN A LONG TIME GETTING FROM THERE TO HERE

I don't get it also. Enterprise is the only ST show where all seasons are good. The last episode is complete garbage and the second half of the first season underwhelming, else it's top tier.

ENT was good, especially the Xindi arc in season 3.

Attached: 1549935397195.jpg (1262x1005, 285K)

Attached: 1540746871421.jpg (1920x1080, 299K)

The only reason people didn't like it originally is because of the theme song. I have to admit that it kept me away for awhile, but upon watching it... it's one of the best Treks

>zoomers pretending they were even alive when this show aired
cringe to be honest

That fucking theme song pulls me right out everytime

youtube.com/watch?v=DydIK14AvXI

This is what I hear all night (and day), when I sleep/watch Trek.

Attached: 1530479609515.jpg (640x616, 46K)