Why isn't this talked about more?

Why isn't this talked about more?

Attached: Matt-600x369.jpg (600x369, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

texasmonthly.com/the-culture/dazed-and-confused-based-austin-high-school/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it's shit

Slacker is better. That being said, Dazed and Confused is a pretty cool movie if you grew up in Austin. I guess it's not bad if you didn't, too. Idfk lol. You guys got a joint? It'd be cooool if you diiiiid eh heh heh alright alright alright

It was filmed in Austin, but based on my hometown of Huntsville TX

ur shit pal

Fast Times at Ridgemont High is better.

its wasnt made into a tradition like baby its cold outside

cuz this board is underage and has shit taste

Attached: A81A8AE3-7A7B-498B-941D-3D8198C39580.jpg (1200x1174, 191K)

Not Austin retard
texasmonthly.com/the-culture/dazed-and-confused-based-austin-high-school/

It was filmed there, though. They go to Mighty Fine. Nigger I grew up in Austin and you can see where they are in most scenes. Slacker is still better in that regard, though.

Attached: fahq.gif (462x250, 2.82M)

/thread, millennials are shit

there is not one dance club in my city.

Attached: gree3.jpg (500x377, 62K)

>They go to Mighty Fine.
t. californian transplant. it was top notch. they even got one of the paddles from the movie up on the wall. decent burgers too

Attached: 5664938573_6d3061ca1a_o.0.0.1412834034.0.jpg (1200x800, 94K)

Good movie. Not spectacular but very enjoyable.

some other user said it better before me but its just depressing once you get older if youve actually lived this life as a teenager and seen first hand what becomes of it. you get to see some good kids make god awful life choices that you know will ruin them in the end and the worst part is is that it justifies it and plays it off as a good thing

This, just a bunch of children here these days.

I watch it every few years and it puts a smile on my face.
Got me into Aerosmith and it's a good movie all round.

>ywn be degraded and humiliated by prime Parker Posey

Attached: 279cb3c9d320a12494eb15afb7c4cd76.jpg (301x400, 25K)

>grown ass man is seen as cool by the kids but is actually some sad loser working in retail for life, doing drugs, and hanging out with and enabling teenagers to follow in his footsteps because he never learned to value anything in life but chasing the next artificial dopamine rush for is dopamine deprived brain
>kids acting like niggers and destroying property for no reason

its seriously sad how real this movie is, and the way its positively portrayed is exactly the same as how you justify it to yourself as youre going through it in real life until you gain some self awareness and stop lying to yourself or run your life into the ground completely

Fuck all happened in that film and people only like it cause they are told too it's an genuinely shit film.

fuck

Based Texan posters

Attached: 4L_orqU48rB.jpg (436x384, 18K)

Dancing is for fags

It's a slice of life flick. It's a committed period piece. It just never showed what the consequences of these characters' stupid decisions bore

>stupid decisions
expand on that, they just did regular teen shit nothing too life changing

Attached: C8FE5F57-5CB2-43CA-8993-8F7DF2758CFE.jpg (339x399, 20K)

Every generation, for the last 500 years danced except awkward millenial trash like you, focus on Fortnight and trap cis gays incel.

look at the main character for example
>dude fuck my future im just going to do drugs and shit all summer! radical!
>few years later hes at best working a dead end job, suffering from chronic depression and lacks energy all the time because the constant artificial dopamine rush from heavy drug destroyed his mind
>slowly spiraling out of control into mental and physical illness because his philosophy has told him that there is nothing wrong with this lifestyle and its cool so he doesnt do anything to fight his own downfall
>dies young, alone, depressed, probably fat from filling the void with food, basically a shell of a human being who probably in retrospect died on the inside a long time ago

Feels too good to angrily shitpost about

As you get older you start to see that a 'proper' life you were conditioned to strive for is worthless empty shit. 'Good' decisions you're told to take are not much better than 'bad' ones, but 'bad' ones are at least fun.

(or maybe I'm just a depressed fuck in need of therapy, huh)

Why are you describing me user

i disagree, aside from the nice cars and shit i lived the lifestyle portrayed in the movie every other weekend if not every day to some extent in high school and had a very liberal philosophy and thought exactly what you just said, that id regret it if i didnt

in my experience its turned out that the mindless indulgence and nihilistic attitude is what was hollow and for a while all i could think about was going back and doing better and building a "proper" life instead of falling for this stupid meme and destroying myself, and nowadays i just look forward and try to learn from my mistakes and do the best i can to reverse the damage and hope one day i can actually do something fulfilling with myself like getting my shit together and settling down

It's more to do with how they go on perpetuating the same mistakes their predecessors made. There were a few characters who did something right though. The freshman chick who refused to play the stupid submission game at the keg party and the angry nerd who decided to stand up for himself. As for the quarterback, you could argue both ways... On one hand he rejected herd mentality but he only did it for the naive sense of hippie freedom so he could hang with his druggie buds and risk becoming a future alright alright dude

Didn’t realize I was on reddit

this is basically reddit hipster: the movie

Hope you're gonna make it user. The thing is, I tried my best to live 'properly', doing 'proper' things, but it feels almost like , except with slightly more cash and more 'what the hell are you dissatisfied with, user?' looks

based & confused

Attached: descarga.jpg (225x225, 12K)

SQUIRM!

Do they serve Lone Star beer at Whataburger? Genuine question since they're exclusive to Texas.

Attached: 1200px-Whataburger_logo.svg.png (1200x1136, 163K)

whataburger isn't exclusive to texas

whenever I see that logo, I think of Aliens because of that Weyland-Yutani logo

American Graffiti is superior

Attached: 1373382080442.jpg (563x528, 141K)

Where else are they? Surround States like Oklahoma, New Mexico, Arkansas, Louisiana?

No
Shiner is better desu

basically from arizona to florida

it's a shit movie, it was shit when I watched it when it came out, and I never understood why people thought it was "good"

haha alright alright alright

you know what i love about high school girls?

I get older but they stay the same age

hah hah alright

she's unmarried atm you still have a shot

Outside of Meatballs it's all we have of normal mid 70s high school bullshit. Come on man don't be such a downer

OKC has several

YES THEY DO

lone star is bullshit shiner bock is the true texan beer

> No capes

> No Dragons

> Not a CGI cartoon

Do you even know where you are?