Do people seriously think this is better than The Sopranos...

Do people seriously think this is better than The Sopranos? You can literally pluck out any scene from The Sopranos without context and it would blow this the fuck out. youtu.be/ztc7o0NzFrE

Attached: MV5BNjc1NzYwODEyMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTcxMzU1MQ@@._V1_.jpg (1200x1631, 253K)

Chinks did this?

you can literally call OP a fag

you can literally take your shitty opinions and shove them up your fat fucking ass

The problem with Sopranos is you basically can watch any episode without any context. That's not what good television should be. It should be like a book, where there's a beginning, middle, and end of the season. Not self-contained episodes of Italian mafia soap opera with "themes."

Where the fuck is wallace

I think that's a really narrow minded way to look at things. What the fuck am I supposed to do if I see an episode of a show on TV? Say fuck it and rewatch the series from the start? Sopranos had self contained plots within each episode while also working in overarching plot lines through simple lines of dialogue. There was always an almost omnipresent threat each season.

that's not a problem on itself, semi self-conclusive narratives are just fine. even so, that was not the case with the sopranos, as you had an overall plot: THE LAST DAYS OF TONY SOPRANO

I think Sopranos has better individual episodes, and a better ending, but The Wire is better as a whole series and as seperate seasons.

They are tied for me.

The Sopranos does have a beginning, middle, and end but not in terms of an overarching plot. The beginning we see Tony starting therapy, his ailment is cured in the middle, his therapy ends as the real underlying problem of his sociopathy is incurable. That's a beginning, middle, and end. With his family, they're relatively happy together, the kids in ignorance of their father's work. His work and personality start to draw the family apart, the middle being the split between him and Carmella. By the end, in literally the end scene, the family is back together but maybe they will be torn apart again by Tony's work/personality. These are oversimplifications but you get my point. It's a character driven show which moves with the characters rather than the plot

Trash gabagoolist detected.

t. sopranos LARPer

The Wire is better than the Sopranos but Generation Kill is better than the Wire.

I don't give a fuck about how well acted, how well written, how great of a cohesive whole The Wire allegedly is.
I simply don't want to watch hood niggers smoking crack and shooting each other. If I wanted that, I'd take a road trip to Detroit.

>game of niggers vs game of gabagool

They’re not hood niggers which is actually part of the problem, they all talk like suburban kids. If the show were as realistic as people think it is, most of it would be subtitled.
It’s black people fan fiction written by an autistic Jew. Nothing remotely like it actually happened ever.
It’s like a story about Jewish gangsters in the 30s putting one over on the goyim cops but then just shifted it all to Baltimore in the 90s without actually thinking it through all the way.

A movie has a beginning, a middle, and an end. Just like a novel does. A television series is made up of individual episodes, each with their own plot, and each with a beginning, a middle, and an end. But where they differ is that the series has a much wider overarching plot that, more often than not, you couldn't tell across a short space of time, like a movie or a novel.
As an example, if you've ever read the Sherlock Holmes books you could pick any one of them up and start reading, you wouldn't necessarily have to read them in order because they all have their own self contained plot. But the wider conspiracy, that doesn't become apparent until after several stories, is the overarching plot of Moriarty being the master criminal orchestrating memes from behind the curtain. Does any of that matter though if you just picked up one of the books at random and started reading it? Not really, because it's own self contained story.
On the contrary, it's what makes good television and what makes a good book series. Apply that to movies or novels (spread across a series or seasons) and people feel cheated that they have to keep investing in something before there's any real payoff. Like that capeshit, I don't know which one, you didn't get an answer until the next one or whatever.
It's why you can't apply the same novel logic on a book series and why you can't apply movie logic to a TV series, which is what you did.
If you're going to keep posting here you better brushing up on those memes too.

This show reeks like the early 2000s. Did not age well

STRING STRING STRING

LOOK AT ME

STRING

A journalist who spent 12 years as a crime reporter for the Baltimore Sun and a retired police detective can't write a realistic crime show? Yeah, you're a retard.

They probably COULD have, they just didn’t bother