I WOULD LIKE TO TALK ABOUT THIS VERY GOOD MOVIE ON THE BOARD Yea Forums WOULD ANYONE CARE TO JOIN ME?

I WOULD LIKE TO TALK ABOUT THIS VERY GOOD MOVIE ON THE BOARD Yea Forums WOULD ANYONE CARE TO JOIN ME?

Attached: MV5BMTYzODYzNzg2MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTkzOTQzMw@@._V1_.jpg (1401x2048, 502K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pfe_qwG1nyQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Imagine if Cate Blanchett actually had a penis and she fucked you in the butt and made you pregnant with her girl cum

Attached: interested mexican.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

Based Bowie songs

You know I think that would fit into the movie with almost no problems actually.

I bet you like the films of Wes Anderson

>Le depressed Bill Murray leaves a party to smoke weed on the top of his boat while David Bowie plays
He's literally me

Why did the soundtrack fit the movie so well?

life aquatic is pretty rad

music was pretty nice
good movie overall
liked the ending a lot

I like when the pirates hijack his ship and at the moment when Zissou decides to be a badass and start wrecking them the color palette changes from depressed cool colors to more passionate warm colors
also the song that plays during the scene is pretty rad, seek and destroy by Iggy pop I think

This movie made me want to be a part of an independent submarine crew going on scientific expeditions. Instead I'm in the Army.

One of my favorite scenes too user

The royal tenenbaums >Rushmore>life aquatic>grand Budapest>fantastic mr Fox>>>>the rest which were mediocre.

boot licking faggot. why would you degrade yourself like that? be a man, not a machine

hipster trash

I fucking love this movie. I love almost everything about it. It's got so much subtlety but in a very visually interesting setting. Yes, the Bowie covers are great, but "Ping Island Strike" is my fave. The GQ interview with Willem Dafoe has him briefly talking about the making of it. It made me want to watch it again.

Huh? What do you do for work fellow faggot?

?????

Attached: tomato.png (947x395, 295K)

Bill?

>that scene where staralfur plays
pure kino

I work props in the film industry. It's fun about 60% of of the time.

Are you hoping to work your way up to directing eventually or something within the arena like editing or is props where you plan to stay?

i am captain now

"How did you get my espresso machine??"
"Well, uh, we fuckin' stole it, man."

Nah, I've been a prop master a number of times. Worked with huge names over the years. Personally, I want to sort of get out. Executive producing would be cool, not having to be on set everyday. It's pretty normal to be at work for 15-16 hours a day, 5-6 days a week. Pays great, but you have absolutely no life. Divorce is super common in the industry. I'd like to phase out over time and do something more meaningful with my life then watch adults assist other adults in pretending to be people they're not. Actors are fucking ignorant human beings, thinking their roles make them important people. It's fucked beyond explanation.

holly fuck we're bros now bro

Attached: tumblr_niwljvAz0h1qzs1n8o1_1280.jpg (793x397, 49K)

One of my favorites ever. Almost didn't watch it when I was told by several people it was bad, what retards.
I think its really good burnout doomer depression kino. Hit all those notes of feeling depressed and without energy, but no specific traumatic event to excuse your behavior.
I also love how cheerful and childlike Willem Dafoe is. The supporting cast is great
RIP Ned

>Everyone gets a glock
-Steve Zissou

Yeah I've heard long hours are the norm. I plan on getting out and pursuing something else... Not entirely sure yet. I wish you luck my man

Awesome
It's a very unique film. A mellow melancholy story with bursts of energy and a heartfelt ending

>you will never share a glock with a nudist script girl gf
why even live

Attached: 57764.jpg (320x240, 16K)

Fucking critics are the the biggest pieces of shit on the entire planet.

I think Wes Anderson goes for a similar feeling in a lot of his films. Darjeeling for example has a similar feel. I know a lot of people talk about broken families and Wes Anderson films so its not like some mind blowing thing.
There is something different about life aquatic though, I am seriously getting chills remembering certain scenes again despite years since I saw it.

>Have you thought about changing your name?
>Ned?
>No, I was thinking about the last part.

Attached: Tf2hatyousay_eab0a9a4e046b231ac9fd90e82307bad.jpg (716x724, 28K)

Its sad that this score has probably kept some people from seeing it. Everyone is so afraid of wasting their time, they program themselves into taking no risks.

here have a glock

It's ENJOY you idiot

She had really, really nice tits. God damned shame they're only in one scene.

is this peak wes?
>inb4 pedos saying moonrise kingdom
>inb4 sershfags say grand budapest hotel

Attached: zissou10j.png (570x257, 244K)

lightning strike rescue op

Is it weird how much Wes Anderson is hailed and successful but then has several great movies with mediocre scores? It's like they want this creative and fresh style but then don't like when its not completely esoteric. While some are "better" than others, I don't think a single film he has made should be averaging less than 70

Does this feel a little Italian to anyone else? When I watched it last time I got a similar vibe to il Sorpasso and similar aesthetics to Visconti or Berlusconni.

Tenenenbaums > life aquatic > moonrise kingdom > Rushmore > grand Budapest = fantastic mr fox > bottle rocket > isle of dogs > Darjeeling

I don't really care how other rate them as long as they acknowledge Darjeeling as the worst.

I actually think Grand Budapest is his other best movie.

I like the movie. Its the latest movie I cried to, didnt expect to feel anything, but when they finally see the shark it just hit me like a truck.

I'm not going to debate you, but why do you dislike Darjeeling so much?
I really liked it honestly, I don't really think its worse than any other film of his.

same user. It was the first movie I cried from in a long time.

Attached: Pepo.png (657x527, 13K)

Moonrise had too much pedo bait.

I like how Zissou and Hennessy started out hating each other but became bros by the end
Life Aquatic is an important movie

Attached: the-life-aquatic-steve-zissou-jeff-goldblum-1.jpg (750x501, 370K)

tHE BEST SCENE IS THE DO THE INTERNS GET GLOCKS NO THEY ALL SHARE ONE SCENE

Lol was that in the movie? Forgot about it. I need to watch this again

I actually took a film course where we watched all of his films in a row. We watched a lot of other films too, but Wes was used as a lens to study and critique "auter" filmmaking.

By having such a unique creative style, a lot of elements get reused and recycled from film to film. For Wes a lot of his films involve siblings who don't get along, adults who act like children, those 2 dimensionally framed shots, etc. If you watch bottle rocket through Darjeeling, you find that he's pretty much run out of new ideas at that point time. It's just the same.

But with fantastic Mr fox, he challenged himself and finally made something new again. Leading into moonrise kingdom and grand Budapest, he began to focus on stories with different thematic elements, different color stylings, different cinematic styles, etc. Yeah it still feels very "Wes Anderson" but it's not literally the same characters and colors and editing tricks again.

Glad Im not the only one.

Moonrise turned on my fiance so much that afterwards I made her cum without even taking her panties off. Anyone turned off by moonrise is either virtue signaling or compensating for genuine pedophilia

that movie sucks, I watched it last weekend and it's reddit as fuck

I cry from Royal Tenenbaums every time I watch it. Relate a lot to the brothers.

Other cry movies are Wild Strawberries and Casablanca

Why didn't the interns just use the glock to shoot the jaguar shark when it ate Esteban?

Attached: frodo.jpg (600x599, 45K)

I've had thoughts about this too, and even parts of Moonrise (mainly in the first half) felt like a parody. But Frances Mcdormand's acting really puts that movie over. But by Budapest it felt like he had been totally invigorated.

here
have a glock
everyone gets one

That is far more a reasoned response than I could have expected.
Your view to me is totally valid. I relate to the story that he tries to tell over and over, so I guess that makes me pass over the faults more than another person. Thinking about it though, I think Darjeeling as his lowest makes sense.
I kind of feel the same about a lot of Ingmar Bergmans films who was really obsessed with getting old, his dad, religion, his family problems from all of that. I recently watched all of his films that are available in english.

>but it's not literally the same characters and colors and editing tricks again.
I feel like Tarantino hasn't attempted to grow as a director since kill bill maybe (or death proof?.. only one I haven't seen). I realized this when I watched Bastards for the first time after watching Django and H8. It's all very stale

Ending of Big Fish does it for me, but Casablanca definitely gets a little misty.

>Big Fish
What happened to Burton? Did he lose his passion for film? He's churned out so much slop since then

Yeah it's pretty fucking stupid how both Basterds and Kill Bill 2 have Mexican standoffs where one party is pleading for mercy because they're a new parent. Like it's literally the same scene, in two different movies, from the same writer/director. Like what the fuck.

not if I don't see you first sunny

I bet you enjoy the films of Wes Anderson.

Holy shit user I was going to mention wild strawberries too as the other movie that made me cry recently. It doesn't help that the actor play Isak looks like my grandfather even.

Attached: Pepesad.jpg (640x480, 31K)

This scene still kills me every time I watch it:

youtube.com/watch?v=pfe_qwG1nyQ

Attached: image.jpg (438x304, 21K)

I really dislike how tarantino lifts shit from other films. Like its not even inspired by them, he just lifts and gets away with it because he's so established. I dont think like there should be a witch hunt to defend my honerabru Lady Snowblood or something, but it forces you to see through his film making and cheapens the whole thing.

Moonrise is special to me because I think he went totally head first into the childhood aspect. Since Rushmore he's always shown some element of kids in his films, but moonrise is really special. Might be the greatest underage cast of the century. Hard to think of one from last century other than stand by me. It's also got a more powerful theme of family belonging and more mature parent/child relationships than in Rushmore or Tenenbaums. It's also the first movie he made where the kids act like kids and the adults act like adults all at once, lmao

Attached: 1066311.jpg (900x604, 134K)

I feel like he just hit his peak with Big Fish for some reason. His stuff since then has been technically good but with way less substance.

where did you come from
you look pregnant

who was the kid at the end?

Attached: witch.png (278x259, 63K)

top 5 films for sure. The part were bill falls down theres stares had me in stitches. Truly a film that made me laugh, cry, and sit on the edge of my seat.

Big Fish is unadulterated kino. There's another movie that's very similar to it but I can't for the life of me remember what it was.

Wasnt it Willem Dafoe's nephew?

How does this guy manage to make such comfy movies one after another?

Warner, the kid who gives Steve a crayon ponyfish

Attached: b46857aed4020710aee2d01f6279822a.png (431x433, 140K)

who're you gonna kill in your next movie

This has been my breakup movie for 3 years

It's one of my favorite movies ever and I hate most Wes Anderson movies.

Heh, I used La La Land as my last break up flick before knowing the ending

Check out Swingers sometime if you haven't already, perfect breakup movie.

500 Days of Summer

This and Inherent Vice.

I just watched Swingers last week. Surprisingly good movie. I think it's the youngest I've ever seen Vince.

I personally like Bottle Rocket, comfy as fuck and I can relate to Dignan the most...

let me tell you about my boat

Quick Yea Forums check for leeches

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x544, 59K)

"Do you think it remembers me?"