As horrifically shitty as the ending was...

As horrifically shitty as the ending was, Jon being free to live out his life in the truth North banging wildling bitches and running around with his giant doggo is a better ending then I thought he’d get and I’m ok with it

Attached: 78CA707F-4AC5-491D-A16E-660945E6006B.png (759x802, 336K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QaEe4ViuWVE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

HEAR HEAR CITIZENS OF THE AVENTINE

> Rationalizing this hard
Benioff please leave

he sure didn't look happy, despite what everyone is saying

Queenslayer

I never said it was good

Jon should have been king with Bran as his hand

But Jon still was ok in the end and he was my favorite character

I'd have preferred it if his Targaryen blood mattered. Have him become king for a short time, before deciding he actually didn’t want it, where he disappears and goes north of the wall to live with the freefolk.

What horseshit, he knows in his gut he made the wrong mistake killing Dany.

I thought that it was implied that the North would defroze at some point.
Also wtf's the point of been exiled if the only faggots that dont want you around are going to fuck off to an island.

And he can fuck and have crow kids

No one's gonna enforce shit. Night's watch is irrelevant.

Fuck off Unsullied

hey bud, i know we both work in the same office as benioff and weiss' intern, but can you please check the frickin catalog before you make another shill post. its getting too obvious.

He killed his waifu, how could he be happy

if gayworm and his unsullied cuckarmy show up to check on jon, they'll get btfo by tormund, ghost, blizzards, etc. so it looks like gayworm might just stop caring, and given that he is leading his faggot troops to naarth, there is a big chance they all die over there.

>implying Sansa will never get in shit and need rescuing
>implying Bran will never get in shit and need rescuing

>Also wtf's the point of been exiled if the only faggots that dont want you around are going to fuck off to an island.
I see you kind of forgot to turn your brain off. Common mistake...

He got cucked out of the love of his life by a conspiracy between a imp, a slag and a autistic cripple. He could be conquering the world with dragons and giant doggos and his targ gf

If you didn't like the ending you're a stupid whore

>not realizing he was a deconstruction of the trope of the guy not wanting to become king becoming king

This. Hopefully future Jon snow tells them to fuck off

>t. dabid

Imagine denying THIS.

Attached: just the tip.png (820x1039, 670K)

If Jon Snow kept his fucking mouth shut to his family, he would have all of it and more.

Jon snow kind of forgot about the unsullied

>deconstruction of the trope
hang yourself you stupid pretentious know-nothing postmodernist twat
deconstruction is not a real thing
tropes are not a real thing
learn to fiction

Attached: be a dragon.gif (768x432, 3.61M)

he got a disney ending, I bet you loved it.

He literally got Dexter'd. Not the worst way to live out the rest of your days

seething

1000 times this
All he had to do was laugh at the faggots telling him he was a Targ and kept fucking his dragon queen, burning his enemies and being a King

>deconstruction and tropes aren't real things
Damn nigger you're stupid.

You know he'll spend the rest of his life brooding and moping around because of muh honor and how he needs to punish himself for killing muh queen

>the dragon's name is dragon except with an "o" instead of an "a", drogon

Attached: 0293849234.jpg (202x249, 8K)

I gues dorne and the ironborn might get pissy, but the westerlands, the reach, the stormlands, the north, the crownlands, the riverlands, and the eyrie would all together be able to shut down any rebellion by the two even if Dorne has a fresh army. They could even defeat the unsullied if they wanted to. The Dothraki May be a problem, but it’s more likely they all fucked off to the Dothraki sea and formed independent kalasars.

man, its hard to come up with good name when you are writing a story

Jon had no agency in the end. His fate was left up to people that literally gave no fuck about him

REEEEEEEEEE the series started off good because it didn't try to give people particular endings
It just rolled on like life does
AAAAAAAAH
This could have been the Romance of the Three Kingdoms of Germano-Celtic culture and two Jews shat on it reeeeeeee

Jon has no agency because he was a retard that told Grey Worm that he killed Danerys. There was no body and it was snowing. He could have easily gotten away with it if he didn’t become some retard that never lied.

>J-Jon *eyes twitching* it was...just a one-time incident haha I-I-I mean they were our enemies Jon surely you understand it was necessary ahahaha *frantically grabs his arm* you still love Jon, right? *looks at Jon with eyes widely opened* hahahaha of course you do hahahaha silly me you would never betray your auntie ahahaha hahaha hahahaha

Attached: 1558377012421.jpg (1334x750, 150K)

I wonder how Jon would explain a melted throne and bloodstains in the ash.

The books themselves aren’t anywhere near as good as Romance of the Three Kingdoms so that would have been impossible.

This, they always pull that shit, “you will be a great king because you don’t want to be king”, and Jon is the only one who says fuck it I’m still not gonna be king.

This would've been better kek

Dany was pissed. She had her dragon eat a corpse and melt the throne, then she flew away.

Actually if you paid attention you'd know his name is Drogo with an N at the end

Jon should have killed the Night King and afterwards:

>Jon fights Grey Worm and fucks his shit up in trial by combat (Jon is literally the best swordsman alive on the show with a valerian blade)
>Arya takes his face and convinces the Unsullied to join Jon
>Jon now leads the Unsullied

>Jon kills Dany
>Her bloodriders name him Khal

>Drogon goes to attack Jon but his eyes flick up white. Bran wargs Drogon out far away somewhere.

>Word of Jon being Aegon Targaryan means he reluctantly has to become king, but he says he can’t stay in Kings Landing

>Jon leads the Unsullied and the Dohtraki out with the freefolk, becoming king beyond the wall
>Bran, his hand, goes with them

I agree, It was satisfying.

>wildling bitches

Attached: 97F63203-2BA8-475C-A38F-DCAF73F53AF0.jpg (750x751, 113K)

i would make love to her on the spot.

>Jon stabbing Dany makes lightbringer
>He plunges his sword into the throne, immolating it and adding one more blade to Aegons thousand

>Jon kills Dany
>Her bloodriders name him Khal
Really want to see this. The Unsullied view him as the enemy because he Jules their leader, while the Dothraki view him as their new leader.
Unsullied v. Dothraki results

very happy with doggo :)

>hero of the wildlings

>literally swimming in feisty wildling pussy

It was all worth it

Cope
>Everyone forgot Jon was kind of the king.
>Bran forgot he can't send Jon to the wall since it's not part of his kingdom.
>Everyone forgot that Dany kind of became a tyrant so they punished her killer.
>Everyone kind of forgot the unsullied were leaving westeros so they still went through with exiling jon.

Attached: 1232336550.png (941x823, 330K)

He should of abdicated himself and CHOOSE to go to the wall and exile himself.
REMEMBER WHEN JON ACTUALLY MADE CHOICES.

Why the FUCK does Gendry get rejected by Arya? I just rewatched their first meeting in S1, both of them hiding their identity after the Lannister coup, and it’s so clear that they were planned to get married at that point. She doesn’t even leave him for another dude or a lifelong dream she’s had or even some reasonably written bullshit it’s just this random whim she has to go sailing

Given how honorable he is he'll probably hold to his vows of celibacy

wtf, a disney ending would be him and dany ruling and living happily ever after, this isnt it clearly. the only good thing is he has ghost and tormund lol, and his siblings are alive and good

Christ, this shit was so badly written but it still made me feel pretty bad for her.

The real way you know the writing was bullshit was that Jon somehow resisted going balls deep into that crazy bitch then and there.

IT WAS HIS TURN!!!!!

WHY THE FUCK DID HE KILL DANERYS LIKE THAT THEY SHOULD HAVE DROWNED HER AT SEA OR HIRED A HITMAN

Yeah, but the show could have been.

Literally everyone i know said they would join Dany in a blink of an eye

It's so hot on so many levels.
The real Jewish demoralisation was having the manlet kill her.

i dont think arya's character ever showed some interest in having a relationship, she was more of an adventuress, i mean, after realicing she doesnt want to be an avenger.. i think this was the most adecuate thing to do

yeah it was a pretty shitty end for her character especially since she was there since ep 1

Reminder that Dany gave up sitting on the throne to run into Jon arms

>Be with me. Build the new world with me, this is our reason. It has been from the beginning, since you were a little boy with a bastard's name, and I was a little girl who couldn't count to twenty. We do it together, we break the wheel together.

Attached: its not fair.webm (1280x720, 2.51M)

>gayworm
fucking lol

Attached: PNG image 29.png (744x652, 653K)

it's all bran's fault

>u wanna be lord bran
>noh im not bran anymore im 3 eyed raven
>u wanna have kids bran meera is ovulating right now
>noh im 3 eyed raven
>wanna be king bran
>just according to keikaku

>Guards_"What happened here?! Where is the Queen?!"

>Jon_"Where do i begin.... I came in to have a talk with our Queen. She asked me to rule with her as well as be with her intimately."

>"I told her that i cannot be with her, because we are blood related"

>"BTW my real name is Aegon Targaryen"

>"Anyhow, she got really upset , she called Drogon and had him burn down the iron throne and flew off"

>"I guess we wait till she returns. In the meantime since im Aegon Targaryen, ill rule till she gets back."
>/The End

>she never got to sit on the throne, legs crossed with her dragon behind her
it would have looked nice, and pretty anime

I would. Good lord.
It's even the best choice for the people, btw. It would protect them from the sperging of Danny's army and prevent the country collapsing.

Attached: basedjon.jpg (1454x1090, 260K)

more like gurm just thought of what the dragon's name should be then named the person the character names the dragon after the name of the dragon except with the last letter left out

Bran didn't tell Jon to stop fucking his aunt

I missed a few seasons, can someone tell me why after presumably decades, nay centuries of warring factions fighting for the throne, they:
>select the next King by council
>select the boy in the wheelchair to be the King
I was actually shocked to learn this development. Surely to be consistent with the world of the show, those surviving factions would have taken the absence of power as an opportunity.
And any one of them who thought they had the more men would have challenged to be King. That none of them objected to they crippled boy is outright ludicrous. I guess that's been said before.
But what did he do in the previous seasons so that everyone wanted him to be the King?

He went north and became an omniscient demigod

Why everyone automatically believes him when he says this though is questionable

What vows? There is no Night’s Watch. They literally dressed a couple of nobodys as crows to convince Obama and his unsullied that there was. Sam doesn’t go back because it doesn’t exist. Jon even questions it. Jon had to die before to leave it but what’s the point of having it when wildlings are bros and the others/WW are gone? There are no crows when Jon shows up, only wildlings. And he leaves with them. And yes the point about it not being part of Bran’s realm is also relevant

>Grey Worm drags Jon to the trial along with Tyrion
>the lords debate what fate he deserves, with a few suggesting he be executed, others his exoneration, and others his exile
>Jon quietly demands he be exiled north as penance for his crimes and because killing his queen was all the punishment he needed
>Grey Worm reluctantly decides it is enough
They just had to do that

>Survive until the end
>AND THEY ALL LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER. THE END.

How pleb-level are D&D?

Coming up next: D&D's Star Wars: A War In The Stars

Ygritte was his only true waifu. Dany was just a side piece he used to get help to fight the night king

Bran literally spilled the beans and had sam tell jon, everything from season 6 to 8 involves him

>killing his queen is punishment enough

Attached: 1528157938335.jpg (640x640, 74K)

Not really, unless he forgets to think about all the people he just fucked by being a retard.
Westeros is about to have massive civil wars everywhere.
Sansa is a more retarded version of Cersei. She won't have any friends and when the greedy north lords force her into marriage, she will realize how retarded she was and how badly she fucked the north.
The 6 kingdoms will keep splitting from the iron throne and go back to killing each other.
Essos will keep raiding Westeros now that it is divided.
Dothraki are over their fear of boats and will return to get tribute whenever they want.
The poor people will face even harsher times.
Both house targerian and house Stark is more or less dead.
The high lords consider the people less than dogs and will keep abusing them.
Not to mention the super pissed off dragon that might sire more dragons with no controller and return to ancient days when dragons were everywhere and uncontrollable.
Basically horrible ending, not counting all the plot holes it took to get there.
Could have shut his mouth or got his sister to stop being a retard. Instead he got used like a pawn. At least his uncle died with his honor. Jon will die as a kin slayer and a traitor that killed an unarmed woman that was embracing him.

Attached: 1557249190006.png (1200x1781, 1.26M)

Dnd can't into politics or how things actually work and were writing whatever.
People were ready to RIP Joffrey when they were a bit hungry. But are completely fine while even more hungrier and Cersei blowing up their version of the Vatican. The reach nobles just accept a cut throat as their lord paramount.
The iron islands don't push their independence despite going to war for it 2 times in the past 30 years and asking it as their price from Daenerys.

Holy shit that's fucking good.

wasted trips, fuck off reddit

>This is what wildshits actually believe

I thought Bran was going to tell him the great threat beyond the wall could never truly die, and Jon being a Targaryen would go back to the wall with the world’s last dragon to rebuild the watch and continue protecting the people.
But I guess this is cool too...

It's really cold, dark and miserable beyond the wall.

Imagine your face and body always aching from the cold.

garbage!
Falls immediately in love after Ygritte and goes full cuck for Dany (until the end, ok fine)

why do people keep saying this? winter is over, the snow is melting. They show grass poking up at the ending
youtube.com/watch?v=QaEe4ViuWVE

Jon's gonna be the King Beyond the Wall with his buddies Tormund and Ghost

Attached: untitled.jpg (1229x643, 43K)

>some grass takes away from the fact that it's always uncomfortable

Imagine being a Jonfag. What shit normie taste.

Just dont think about it too much.

Attached: 1558419248960.jpg (276x1280, 62K)

well that's basically what happened. The cripplekike knew exactly what would happen and all he had to do was just follow the script.

He knew that by saying the exact things he said to everybody kings landing would burn and he'd be king.

Yes he is the most evil character, its his game of thrones with his pawns. And his genius is that people dont realize it

For you, maybe. The Free Folk seem to like it just fine.

>Jon had no agency in the end. His fate was left up to people that literally gave no fuck about him
he was a bastard. people can't escape their lot. even though he might have found out he was the targ heir, the world knew him as a bastard and treated him as such.
additionally, he had taken the oath the black watch and then broken the oath. why would you have a king whose word is worth nothing?

>sacrifice the world just for a chance to get a succ whenever you want

What's wrong with killing a poorly developed character?

Attached: 1464050840316.gif (480x270, 50K)

Why does Jon stay banished to the North if Greyworm fucks off? What's stopping him from just coming back down and visiting his family?

> the Unsullied, a super soldier army that has been conditioned from birth to obey orders and never feel emotions, is a political power now
> yes. the Unsullied. Who went from serving an old master to obeying their new master's order to kill their old master in a split second.
> yes, the Unsullied. They are a political party with an agenda to be considered now.

> the new pointless Night's Watch is recreated at the exact same spot of the old Night's Watch - Castle Black, watching over a useless broken Wall that can be crossed by Northerners and free folk at will
> instead of setting up a Night's Watch (or an equivalent organisation / place of exile, if it's needed, as Tyrion says) where it could be useful for the 6 kingdoms
> for example, watching over the Narrow Sea for Essosi invasions, or keeping the dothraki immigrants in check

> nobody knows what happens to the Targaryen empire in Essos (Astapor, Qarth, Meereen) because the Second Sons are mercs and Daenerys Stormborn died without an heir

I think these are the things that rustled most of my jimmies.

Attached: facepalm4.jpg (372x363, 57K)

Except there was 0 evidence that Jon was "free" or was doing anything except acting in his capacity as the ostensible leader of the new Night's Watch. He was still wearing his Night's Watch uniform FFS.

When we first met Jon his only ambition was to be a ranger. When we last see him that's exactly what he's doing: ranging, and functioning as a kind of ambassador to the Wildlings.

Why would Tyrion tell Jon this lie in the privacy of his jail cell?

The compromise was that Jon would foreswear any political ambitions by joining the Watch; in exchange his life would be spared. That wasn't just for Grey Worm but for the hardline Daenerys partisans in the Iron Islands and Dorne as well. Jon leaving the Night's Watch not only breaks the promise, but by joining with the Wildlings it raises the very real possibility that he might build an army beyond the wall. Grey Worm would declare war on him just on principle; Iron Islands and Dorn would probably join in for security reasons, and Bran would be obliged to offer at least moral support since Jon would be comitting treason and this be clearly in the wrong.

Jon is still in the Night's Watch. The wildlings aren't his enemy anymore but he still wears the black.

kek.

I like his ending on paper. I just hated the presentation, and who's idea was it to make it so fucking somber?

He's leading an army of men, women, and children, who just so happen to regard him as a fucking hero, back to their "homeland" AND yet everyone looks like someone shit in their cereal.

Why not sell the narrative? Why are you being so obtuse? Don't make me reconcile it over coffee hours later all by myself. I feel like I'm coming up with excuses for a black eye.

because everyone literally shitted in jon's cereal, you are either a retard or a denial if you can't see it

Eh.. I don't think his ending is that terrible of a concept. He's going to live out his days as a hero with the free folk. Cowboy rides into the sunset, he doesn't stay behind and become sheriff.

I could see him still feeling some guilt over Danny but he's dealt with that kind of harsh reality before, all his life really, but he's not incapable of cracking a genuine smile. I doubt he's bummed out because he didn't get to sword fight the night king.

They could have adjusted the tone alittle in his final scene and it would have brought it all together for me.

>banging wildling bitches
We're talking about Jon Snow here...

Why is he sad? because he had to kill a girl he liked for a couple of months? he literally succeeded in everything he set out t do. the fact that he looks like he just lost everything is ridiculous.

Attached: 87141d9887f0a6132eb969c9f6111684.jpg (399x527, 29K)

The ironborn who rely on ships. The ironborn who cut down every tree to make the iron fleet. The iron fleet who is gone.

>Why is he sad?
Because he's Jon Snow. Faggot is never happy for anything

see

Arya has to be asexual

If any lesson is left by this clusterfuck is that Targaryen blood should never be allowed to come close to the throne ever again

All those promo pictures with various people sitting on the throne only to melt it down. Are you not subverted?

You are thinking of the concept but not the execution, the destination but not the road.
All the choices made in season 8 were fine or could have been if they were set up and executed well.
Jon ending up with the wildlings is not the problem.
How he got there is, he is a fucking loser who was used and conveniently had his lineage forgotten about and was given no choice for the sake of politics.
He should have abdicate himself from the throne and exiled himself for his crime, but that's when jon used to make decisions in this story.

Is he ever happy after he's brought back from the dead? Don't people lose something when they're brought back (like Lady Crane, even though she's not in the TV show)?

CITIZENS OF THE AVENTINE
I BRING YOU
GOOD NEWS

everything feels less, taste less, less horny, less thirsty, less funny, less scary, less tasty, less real.

My two favorite bands

have him be the king of rebuilding shit, instead of like past monarchs only being rich lazy fucks who only care about kingslanding. bran's powers are more useful as a combined master of whispers, king's hand, and master of war. there won't be much war as jon wants peace but also need bran to see possible threats and past conflicts.

have dany not go madcunt, and instead she marries him, is recognized as kween by both blood and marriage. the revelation that she's pregnant with jon's targ baby makes her more mellow and less blood thirsty.

basically fixes the show with a few extra paragraphs of dialogue. dany is sperging out because people don't recognize her as kween through love so she has to burn them all? fucking stupid. people already fear her. now they can love her, all she has to do is STOP BEING A CUNT. it's not hard, but these types of women who want power will always be cunty as fuck. thus the madkween turn is consistent with her lust for the throne and power simply because she's a targ.

keep in mind her entire war campaign was facilitated by men and the power of male dragons. she was protected by men. she chose a dumbfuck male dwarf was her hand, instead of choosing a female hand. etc. etc.

Attached: fuck off jon.jpg (1699x948, 431K)

also end the entire series on a cliffhanger:
NK flies to kingslanding, jon/dany fight both the NK and cersei combined around the kingslanding area, whereby NK is defeated, but it is hinted that cersei survives and becomes the nights queen. this leaves the series open for $equal.

> implying having a gf/wife guarantees a succ
oh boi you have a lot to learn about life

just like being on SSRIs haha

Grey Worm was never a true Unsullied, he never had to go through the PTSD inducing fear killer test. Grey Worm's weakness (Miss Sunday) broke through his fearless facade and revealed the human nature he hid from the master's and the rest of the Unsullied. He was able to go through the Unsullied training with willpower alone, but that meant he was never broken. You could say he was sullied by his desires.

OTP

I'd be fine with this ending if it actually was HIS CHOICE.
>B-but he's totally h-happy with his pupper!
Doesn't matter. He was used by his "friends" to remove Dany and then they told him to fuck off as they take the credit. How does that not leave a bad taste in your mouth.

/thread