Farscape

just started this, when does it get good

Attached: 250px-Farscape_Logo.jpg (250x194, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iOq0T980x8E
archiveofourown.org/series/1212063
youtube.com/watch?v=sVgVB3qsySQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

When scorpius shows up

season 1 episode 1

S1 E16 - A Human Reaction.

Season 1 Episode 1, although the first season can be difficult to appreciate if you're a first-timer. It takes a while to get used the offbeat style of the show. Many will tell you it "gets good" when the story and character arcs start to pay off, which at the end of the first season.

is the whole show like an adventure of the week star trek but uglier? I thought it was serialized, I mean I didn't have internet or tv for days and all I had was Farscape but couldn't binge watch it one bit, I could only watch one episode at a time

In part yes, it's very much influenced by the original Star Trek, as well as the British series Blake's 7. It deals with scifi-shit-of-the-week often like Trek, and gets pretty trippy the way the original show did. But like Blake's 7 the crew doesn't get along. Also the characters piss and shit and puke and fuck, albeit using space slang like frell and dren.

However if you pay attention you'll notice that each episode has character development, changes in dynamic and relationships, which is permanent and doesn't reset at the end of every episode like in Trek. They grow and change, new story arcs and characters will be introduced, and you should only get more invested in it as it goes on.

Attached: aeryn_john_goggles.jpg (300x228, 54K)

He was a cool guy.

Attached: Scarran war.webm (640x480, 1.62M)

one thing though, previously I downloaded a really big 80+gb high quality rip, but the audio was fucked, like it had a weird distortion when the characters would talk, so I delete it and then I download a smaller one with kinda shit quality but I can still hear the same audio distortion
What's up with that?

I honestly have no idea as I've always owned either DVDs or Blu-rays and never had the need to download them except to make audio-less webms. I believe the whole series is on Amazon if you have a Prime account

Attached: FarLexx.jpg (720x540, 96K)

Stan trying to hit on Chiana would be amusing

Takes off like a rocket when all the wormhole stuff and Scorpius enter the series.

First season is kinda awkward, growing pains and stuff, but when they'll get to big plot shenigans towards season end, it will get be ... nice.

Stan would've tried to hit on every girl.

Attached: FarLexx2.jpg (1020x703, 86K)

Attached: Entropy will claim the universe before I bow down to a Scarran!.jpg (665x1000, 431K)

this, it finds it footing towards the end of season 1
need to by the boxset for the show

Would you like to play a game?

Attached: GameMaster.jpg (336x345, 17K)

christ it's been a while since I thought about this show

Has there ever been a "villain" more right than Scorpius? Critchton should have just given me the wormhole tech.

Attached: Harvey.webm (640x480, 2.08M)

....every girl?

Attached: post-02-staanz.jpg (484x540, 175K)

Scorpius wasn't the one in charge of the Peacekeepers though, he just cared about destroying the Scarrans. And once they did, what would the PKs use the wormhole tech for? Spreading terror across the universe, that's what. Not to mention that tech so advanced in the hands of a race that isn't responsible enough to use, could break the very fabric of space-time apart

s1e3

>Critchton should have just given me the wormhole tech.
>just given me the wormhole tech.
>me

Fuck you Scorpius, you ain't getting shit.

Attached: lobster head.jpg (440x336, 24K)

have you got a
>I am standing in your heart, Scorpius. And I am about to squeeze
webm?

it doesnt
go watch Lexx instead

when you stop being a fag

Attached: Scorpius had a visit from the Wet Bandits.png (720x540, 1.12M)

Lexx was hit-and-miss, mostly miss. Incredible pilot episode though

I've got a few strawberry starburst laying around

honestly one of the first truly good episode is the one with the mercenary adrenaline-gauntlet junkies.

but yeah honestly the show takes better form after Scorpius shows up because Crais is not at all interesting and his motivations are incredibly stilted, moronic even.

Attached: mercenary dudes.jpg (500x375, 52K)

The end of season 1, but you'll look back and really appreciate the slow burn that it was in hindsight since it really helps you love the characters and setting when it does finally kick into gear. At first glance those early episodes are like a mediocre ripoff of the Star Trek TNG/VOY/DS9 and Stargate SG-1 formula, but then the show completely flips it on its head and goes bonkers.

Farscape is my favorite show of all time.

better then nothing

Did you take the stone Yea Forums?

Attached: Take the stone.jpg (394x336, 19K)

Poor guy. He just wanted to kill all Scarrens.

Attached: Scorpius defeated.webm (480x360, 2.74M)

wtf was his problem?

Attached: talyn.jpg (500x375, 22K)

Such a kino scene.

Attached: rygel_starburst.jpg (475x356, 45K)

possibly the worst episode

I just started watching it too. I like it it reminds me of Outlaw Star

Attached: vlcsnap-2018-04-01-09h38m53s242.png (720x540, 647K)

When scorpius takes over as the big bad. But the other shit matters later.
By halfway through season 2, you'll feel like an idiot for asking.

Attached: Scorpius overheating.webm (640x480, 2.92M)

Attached: 1.gif (268x180, 1.11M)

Yet one of the most entertaining and hilarious. That's one of the things I love about Farscape, even the bad episodes are still fun to watch. Just thinking about that silly pose they make whenever someone says "Take the Stone!" gives me a smile

Attached: 2.gif (268x180, 1.93M)

Attached: 3.gif (268x180, 1.2M)

What is some other sci-fi with that same feel as Farscape and Lexx?

Were you not paying attention? Nobody wins. Which for people like you is probably worth it, but for most people and aliens it's probably better to not have the ability to make a black hole that eats the galaxy.

Attached: 4.gif (268x180, 1.26M)

>You can call feeeemales

Attached: 5.gif (268x180, 370K)

t. scarran

GAS THE SCARRANS WORMHOLE WAR NOW

The actual rescuing Rygel part is cool but the other half is an embarrassingly dated DUDE DRUGS ARE BAD MMKAY PSA

red dwarf

Attached: 6.gif (268x180, 1.17M)

Farscape was way too campy for my tastes

Attached: 7.gif (268x180, 1.13M)

Attached: 8.gif (268x180, 683K)

But they subvert the drugs are bad message when meatface kid goes straight back to using it

Attached: Aeryn took some shrooms S04E12.webm (640x368, 1.85M)

The black hole thing was a fanfic retcon iirc only exists in the peacekeeper wars. Wormholes would only really be useful for superior logistics surprise attacks and occasionally using suns as superweapons. Not really that big a deal in the grand scheme, would in fact shorten the length of wars which could be argued a better thing.

how is he understanding her?

Aeryn learns English over the course of the show.

But traveling through them without full understanding can lead to catastrophic effects in the timeline, as they don't just take you from one spot to another, they can be used to alter events.

Her abs are translating.

Yeah I can't remember when she started learning English either.

Addiction is bad, user. Addiction.

oh yeah right, that was kind of a retcon too

Yea its cable sci fi. Two or three episodes a season will deal with an actual plot. The rest is filler. I dropped this show mid season 2 after trying way too hard to like it. Their stupid ship gets invaded 5 fucking times in within 20 episodes and it's the same plot every time.

Pre 2005 television was dog shit.

You can't really dismiss it as a retcon, it's in the series proper not PK Wars, and up till then we're never given a full explanation about wormholes anyway, so what are they retconning? Also even if you do dismiss it as such, the Peacekeepers having that tech is still not good. They're a giant armada of corrupt mercenaries

>hurr problem-of-the-week equals filler durr
>every show should be like one long movie
Don't you have a Game of Thrones thread to shitpost in, retard?

"Kind of" because it wasn't until s4 they added it. They had the whole pathfinder moya merge episode where they exit + enter and there was no time travel.

Even so it's never stated that it doesn't happen. Wormholes are treated as this "really big deal that normal aliens can't handle" as early as season 1. Not too much of a stretch to say that the pathfinder fiasco is just one of several possible disasters that could befall an idiot playing around with wormholes

Who else wants their own 1812?

Attached: 1812.jpg (220x196, 9K)

If it wasn't a retcon when Rygel + Crichton went in + out of the wormhole they would have time traveled but they never indicate that nor does the reptile cunt tell them about it as a risk or anything. The writers always played fast and lose and you just have to accept it, all I'm saying is I think it was a poorer choice. It did make for a nice episode in unrealized reality though.

How can fucking zoomers like shit-tier villains like Thanos when Scorpius exists? He's one of the most genius characters ever written.

I definitely agree that the lore and worldbuilding was never the show's strong-point, and the characters were always the main focus.

Absolute cunts with empathetic drive are difficult to write, let alone play

The make-up, puppetry in this show is second to none. Pilot and Rygel are so life-like.

>It's a Sikozu, Jool or the old witch lady episode

Attached: 1542594218205.gif (300x188, 1.18M)

I still want to fuck Jool.

Attached: Jool want SnuSnu.jpg (1920x1080, 388K)

>tfw Zahns make up was literally killing her

Underrated character imo, I liked her developing sisterly relationship with Chiana, and thought she was a much needed "normie character" that points out the absurdity of the show. John couldn't fill that role anymore because he had become the most bonkers give-no-fucks character on Moya

>imagine being Crichton in this scene

Attached: snif.jpg (600x445, 52K)

pretty good summary of her relationship in the show
she was a decent addition to the crew, it's Noranti and Sikozu I never gave a shit about and felt unnecessary and boring
especially Sikozu

Noranti is just shitty boring less interesting Zahn.

Sikozu is just worthless and added nothing to the show.

why did Crichton put on an Australian accent when he was pretending to be a Peacekeeper?

that's one of the reasons it's never coming back unlike all of those weird fans who still get hyped over the idea of it coming back seem to think
why would you continue a "Next Generation" type deal of a series that has almost zero consistent worldbuilding?

Best self-revelation in TV history was when Scorpious finally saw what a wormhole weapon looked like. He killed so many for it and when he got it he didnt want it. A tragic figure.

He was doing a British accent, because the "evil Space Nazi" characters always have British accents in sci-fi movies

that's how the Peacekeepers sound to him

if memory serves me, this is spot on.

youtube.com/watch?v=iOq0T980x8E

KEKERINO

Attached: 1488560443028.jpg (400x350, 42K)

Well they tried to continue it in comic book form, which turned out badly. The only person from the series who worked on it was creator Rock O'Bannon, the very man responsible for the lore of the series and little else. It was David Kemper and others that brought the characters to life. The writer's room in Farscape was lightning in a bottle, even if you got them all back together the magic would be lost. They're all washed up at this point, I believe Kemper makes shitty Syfy original movies now lmao

it's a bit of a shame especially as the show didn't get a proper final season
but were the world to continue it'd work pretty well as the setting for a mass effect-type video game

FRELLING FARBOTS

there's actually one good farscape fanfiction if anyone is interested in that sort of thing
archiveofourown.org/series/1212063

But the translator microbes did all the work, he didn't have to do anything but wear the uniform.

Not gonna lie, for a while I really wanted to turn my roomba into one.

I straight up thought Giana was badly acted and cringy as fuck, particularly her voice.

youtube.com/watch?v=sVgVB3qsySQ

don't think I ever really cared for the character desu
there's a few times when she's ok though, oddly that one episode where Crichton nearly rapes her or John Quixote

Felt the same, but she became tolerable