Why do people think they can cross John Wick and survive? Are they retarded?

Why do people think they can cross John Wick and survive? Are they retarded?

Attached: John-Wick-Chapter-3-Parabellum-Test-Screenings.jpg (1200x631, 517K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=soAofAWEpGU
youtu.be/C4YEJcR0-EE
youtube.com/watch?v=RWB-Nu5oYoA
youtu.be/5wUezm-K0Bw?t=20
youtube.com/watch?v=CTJlmlZWWHA&t=72
youtube.com/watch?v=teMdjJ3w9iM&list=PLDAO5lp2rLHELpsPCPaHPtHH-OuovG7c4
historynewsnetwork.org/article/1356
youtu.be/aiKDDKog3Y4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I know don't they know he's the protagonist of the flick??

15 million Dollars

they don't know he is a gary stu made for people who love videogames
now go buy your John Wick fortnite skin

But they do, within the realm of this fictional world it's common knowledge Wick is like the most insanely proficient killer there is.

youtube.com/watch?v=soAofAWEpGU

What I like about the opening scene in 3 is the little dialogue between John and that absolutely fucking MASSIVE dude, Ernest
>You sure you want to do this?
>$14million is a lot of money
>Not if you can't spend it.

I feel like most people doing that both know that the risk of going up against Wick is insanely high and the reward is equally so. Like, they're already psychotic killers, and their past hasn't caught up to them so far, so why not go down trying to take down the Baba Yaga? It's equal parts suicide mission and the ultimate challenge.

yeah video games are fuckin sweet

John Wick would be better as an action game than a movie

They're greedy.

He lost a fight in this movie and was spared.
John Wick ain't shit

>turning down 15 million $ for an honorabu fight

those two tiny chinamen fought John Wick and lived

So did Common.

>tfw we'll never see Common and the Indonesians team up and save John Wick's ass in an 11th Hour scenario

>chinamen
None of those ninja people working in the sushi restaurant were actually Japanese or Chinese.

user... money

I went into 3 without seeing the first two and not expecting much. I was blown away. Music was trash though

those two little guys looked like chinamen to me

They didn't even speak any form of Chinese...
It was Indonesian.

Yeah one of them even looked like one of those chinaman stereotypes from 1800s America propaganda posters kek

>We Laosian
>You're from the ocean?

>not turning down 15 million $ for an honorabu fight
Shamefur.

CHINEEESE *crick* ER JAPANEEESE
youtu.be/C4YEJcR0-EE

I could survive

What in the ketamine is this

15 million $ is literally not that much considering the risk. You can't even afford a proper mansion or private jet with that.

I'm more confused about the Continental sending their jobbers out armed with handguns when they had an armory full of not shit weapons.

The best excuse I can give you is that they didn't know.

One thing I would have liked to see is someone actually showing common sense and not throwing their life away against john wick.
>15 million dollars to kill john wick
>no thanks I like my brains where they are thank you

I mean I get they wouldn't have CCTV cameras for confidentiality reasons. but they weren't exactly in a position to pull their punches. and it really stuck out since John was the only person armed with an assault rifle.

Aliantos is one of the best YTPers of all time. Peggy's Song is an actual masterpiece.

>YOU WILL PLACE IT.

>IN YOUR MOUTH.

youtube.com/watch?v=RWB-Nu5oYoA

>not recognizing Mad Dog from the Raid
COME ON

Iron Man 3 already did that gag, and we all know how well that movie was received.

I'd love to see them again also Zero/Mark Dacoscas not getting a "be seeing you" hurt like a motherfucker

also the part where Wick spends five minutes putting a gun together just to shoot one bullet. and throws fucking 40 knives.

He did the same thing to Ruby Rose, although I bet for Zero it just completely destroyed his will to keep living.

dubs and Sneed kills John Wick with a seed to the throat.

He'd get hit in the nuts that's for sure.

It's because all of the assassins who go after Wick have never lost before. They over-estimate themselves in comparison to him.

>Ruby Rose
fucking midget wasn't even a warmup, Zero had his ninja Gordon Liu shit going on at least, but I guess he was just too cocky
>You and I are the same
Oh no baby, what are you doing

If this post ends in a 4, sneed posting is cancer.

why didnt they just rocket launcher his ass

I half expected him to say something along the lines of "he's so fucking cool" before the scene change.

as one of the best marvel movies?

i don't hate it, would've been in-character

obviously the next movie john is going to team up with them, Fishbourne, halle berry, common, and that dyke chick from 2

Attached: 46a906242996610.jpg (2667x4000, 727K)

i can't believe halle berry is 52 years old

JOHN WICK IS NOW UNIRONICALLY THE BEST ACTION FRANCHISE GOING

SICK GUNKATA OUT THE WAZOO

GOT ALL THE MAFIAS
RUSSIAN, ITALIAN, CHINESE, JAPANESE
KING SHIT IS AN A-RAB CUS ASSASSIN COMES FROM ARABIC

IF YOU WEREN'T SURE KEANU WAS BACK IN MOVIE 1
BY MOVIE 3 HE'S VERY FUCKING BACK, THIS IS MATRIX TIER KEANU ALL OVER AGAIN

I honestly thought Common should of come back in this third one. I was so pumped for it. But I can wait for another film. Parabellum was good enough.

Actually didn't hate her in this surprisingly, in fact I felt bad that John pretty much fucked her over

Same, hopefully in the next one they don't have her try acting angry the whole time cause it was pretty cheasy, though it is a john wick movie

Attached: 409.jpg (2500x2400, 609K)

It's worth the risk of being known as the one who killed John Wick

I thought he was since he left him alive and all the assassins in the world would be after john now but oh well

John Wick excommunicado in 5...4...3...2...1

Attached: 1546825117304.png (800x473, 18K)

Common was great, probably one of his best roles and his character had a legit beef with John, wish I could find that interview where he talks about the training for the martial arts stuff and when they finally nail a sequence Keanu's like "feels great doesn't it?" and he's like YEAH!

>and throws fucking 40 knives
LMAO HALF MY THEATER WAS CRACKING UP

Right! And John let him go alive with that knife in his chest. I thought he would of got it out and avenged John in some way. Surprised he didn't like you said.

Apparently Common got interviewed and he didn't get a callback, but with a 4th movie already in the works, I really hope he does.
there's so much shit like that in the movie, funnily enough big audience reaction anytime the attack dogs did anything.

so are the normal people of the city supposed to be oblivious or are they just used to it? like the cop in the first movie led the impression that they just let the assassins do their thing.
I was hoping for a scene where some kid watches Wick kill 5 people and his mom just shoos him away and pretends nothing happened.

I expect there to be a supercut for everytime a dude gets shot/kicked/bit on the balls

the antique shop seemed to have just ordinary joes from the looks on their faces

ITS DONE IN CHAPTERS, AND SEEMS TO HAPPEN OVER A FEW DAYS TO WEEKS MAX

HE MIGHT BE BACK AFTER A FLASHFOWARD, AORTAS GOTTA HEAL FROM A KNIFE IN IT

THOUGHT HE WAS GONNA GIVE THE SAME AORTA DEAL TO HIS FELLOW MASTER OF DEATH SUSHI YAZUKA MAN, HE JUST WANTED TO BE FRIENDS

Because the plot demands it.

>THOUGHT HE WAS GONNA GIVE THE SAME AORTA DEAL TO HIS FELLOW MASTER OF DEATH SUSHI YAZUKA MAN, HE JUST WANTED TO BE FRIENDS

ZERO

A MAN DENIED HIS RUNBACK

how come no one has sniped him off yet? we all see these assassins spotting him and chasing him for a 1v1. is there some unspoken rule against camping or something?

I wonder people get "assassin gunfight" insurance since they apparently have a hit man on every city block.

you'd think people would start wearing groin cups as it's clearly not off limits.

Well Willem Dafoe did at least give him sniper cover in the first movie, but yeah it's not really complementary to the established high speed Close quarters hand to hand/gun battles.

HE CAMPED THE SHIT OUT OF THAT DUDE PLAYING SHOOTAN GAMES IN MOVIE 2 LMAO

SNIPER ROUND RIGHT THROUGH THE HEADSET

TALK SHIT GET HIT

I dislike the fights where the henchman have handguns and they run into close range to aim and shoot. Too bad that's most fights.

Thought for sure when he met with the Adjudicator bitch on the rooftop in 3 that he would get sniped or something.

Did the marker get called in John Wick 2 because he took down the family in John Wick or was it going to happen no matter what?

handguns just aren't very accurate in the hands of your average shooter.

Attached: handgun_accuracy_stats.jpg (400x225, 15K)

Hugo Weaving has to show up as an Agent Smith villain for the fourth movie, right?
Neo, Morpheus, even the Keymaster is in.
It's all just one big Matrix tie-in. John ends up in a random phone booth or some shit. He answers the ringing phone and gets jacked out of the Matrix before he dies.

Trinity is in the next movie.

Yeah, guy was willing to let it go as John was retired, but after JW1, assumed John was back doing business again so decided to use it. It's in their first conversation just before he burns the house down.

KEANU HEADSHOTS LIKE A BODILY REFLEX
HIT HIM IN THE KNEE, HEADSHOT

I LIKE HOW HE BENT THE NECKS BACK ON THE ARMORED GUYS TO SHOOT OUT THEIR SPINES JUGULARS BRAINSTEMS

GET THEM BULLETS THRU THE CRACKS

Sneedposting confirmed to be based

He is Aim bot made Flesh.

3 starts right where 2 ended, so Common would still have a knife in his sternum at this point.

It had been literally hours since he was stabbed in the heart, it would destroy any suspension of disbelief if he was battle ready in 3.

As much of a scumbag that guy was, I wouldn't put it past him to call it in anyway.

They're all assassin's, so by being the one to kill the greatest assassin they know would propel them to Fame and fortune. On the flip side, they still see it as honorable to die at the hands of such a famous Hitman.

I mean you have to assume pretty much every assassin alive has been successful up until this point. John Wick is good but he's still human. Arguably he lost to that one guy in the nightclub in JW1. He's also been out of the game for 5 years so everyone thinks he's rusty.

ohn Wick (Keanu Reeves) is wounded while leaving the Continental after being excommunicado. He seeks treatment at an underground clinic and then fights his way through New York City to reach a ballet company belonging to the Russian mafia, where he purchases safe passage to Casablanca from his mentor, The Director (Angelica Houston), a member of the High Table. There, John approaches his old friend Sofia (Halle Berry), the manager of the local Continental, to help him locate the High Elder, chairman of the High Table, so John can persuade him to call off the hit. John is pursued by another member of the High Table, the Adjudicator (Asia Kate Dillon), and her enforcer Zero (Mark Dacascos).

Sofia arranges a meeting between John and Berrada (Jerome Flynn), who reveals that in order to find the High Elder, John must go into the desert and die. Berrada attempts to doublecross John and Sofia upon learning John has been excommunicado, but they kill him and his men and escape. Sofia then drives John to the desert, where he walks until he passes out from exhaustion. The nomadic High Elder (Saiid Taghmaoui) rescues John and informs him he can lift his hit by killing Winston (Ian McShane) for challenging the High Table. Meanwhile, Winston, The Director and the Bowery King (Laurence Fishburne) are punished by the Adjudicator for assisting John in the past.

Rather than killing Winston, John proposes they join forces to end the High Table once and for all. John, Winston and Charon (Lance Reddick) then battle an army of assassins led by Zero who raid the Continental. John manages to kill Zero and his men and then confronts the Adjudicator, but is betrayed and shot by Winston, who trades John’s life for entrance into the High Table. John is rescued by the Bowery King, who tends to his wounds and announces that John’s stand against the High Table has inspired others to fight. John then prepares to lead his own army against Winston/High Table.

good that they changed the end

What I don't get is why Wick tried to get out by telling him that he still had 20 minutes left. Isn't the $14M bounty a separate matter from the excommunicado (Antonio's gang placed the bounty, Winston placed the excommunicado) or am I getting them confused?

excommunicado made the library not safe for wick after the time was up. part of the continental stuff.

>That moment when Sofia says "He shot my dog"
It's like they never learn.

Attached: 1310612882286.jpg (413x395, 61K)

People are forget that these are trained assassins that have the opportunity to own $15 just by doing their job. The second highest contract was bout 2 million

i would drink not her spit but also her piss if she let me

anybody else going to their library to look for treasure in hollowed out old, obscure books?

>DUAL WIELDING ATTACK DOGGOS
BASED

NEXT MOVIE HE DUAL WIELDS ATTACK CARS

HOW WILL HE AVENGE HIS HOUSE? IS THAT MOVIE 4?

I don't think the library is part of the continental. It's a public library. If it was part of the continental services the librarian would have said "Mr. Wick"

>dyke chick from 2

shes dead bro

This is where I was confused as well. The first movie establishes how the relationship between assassins work and there's nothing preventing one assassin from killing another just for fun, much less on a bounty.

The excommunicado just seemed like a persona non grata where JW can no longer receive aid from anyone related to the assassin hierarchy without that person inherently going against hierarchy.

At the end of JW2 John asks why he's not dead yet after the mafia doubled the bounty, and Winston demonstrated that he was personally holding back every single assassin in NYC. Presumably this means that until the excommunicado kicks in then John is still under Winston's protection and nobody can cash in the bounty without Winston getting seriously mad at them.

Attached: snapshot.jpg (1918x799, 220K)

Ares is dead. John left the knife in Common so he could survive, but Ares was an asshole. He took the knife out, ensuring she'd bleed to death.

can I just say that in the library scene right at the beginning it's amazingly dumb how he puts the book on the big guy's face and then punches the book, that in no way makes your punches harder, it actually makes them softer.

I think he just wants to push that dude back (while obscuring his vision) and hitting your with bare fist against a giant skull is painful af.

>WE ARE NEW YORK CITY
MANHATTAN THEATER LET OUT A GROAN, COUPLE WOOPED PROBABLY TRANSPLANTS LMAO

EL BABA YAGA

No that was 2

Yeah it was that gag and only that gag the reason why that movie was not well liked. Are you retarded?

Could someone explain how both John and the Japanese guy's men manage to kill people in broad daylight and fire a bunch of guns literally two feet from a public train station and not get the cops on their asses? Two of his men literally stab two assassins when like eight people are starting straight at them and it seems their bodies just disappeared, or did I miss something?

>John will never get his car back

Attached: FC681E4E-9341-432A-A0A5-EA63114ABF74.jpg (600x300, 25K)

non psychopaths also tend to miss on purpose

I thought they may have left her alive like in a similar thing like common, havent seen it since it came out though
alright then, didn't like that person anyways, too bad Iron Chef died in 3

CYKA JONWEEK

O BLYAAAAAT

They bribed the cops with donuts.

Going by the first movie where the cop knows John, there are probably some authority-types that are paid off by or know of the High Table and just don't fuck with business relating to them, the Continental, etc.
I have to agree that the assassins and John just ghosting into the crowd was cheesy as fuck, also the bodies just vanishing. And the various ninja guys with hide in plain sight.
But the Matrix is easily manipulated if you know how.

You’re a cutie

I’m actually sad Winston betrayed him. He seemed like a good friend.

>Winston betrayed him

Brainlet detected

That’s where you set the limit?

Not John getting the shit beat out of him by 100s of assassins in the course of a week?

So did mine. I loved it honestly.

Bronn guy doesn’t die. Just torn up sick and shot leg

>didn't aim for his head
>the timing between shot is long and he even lets john walk to the balcony
>charon saying well played
>winston has a room with chess board in it

Implying winston is not playing 5d chess here

Attached: 1558088406738.webm (954x400, 1.19M)

Yea yea I get shooting him in the bullet proof jacket. But no way he could have known Wick would survive a 10 storey fall.

Also Wick is STILL excommunicated

The best part of the movie is when this dude started blasting niggas with John Wick at the hotel

Attached: 457E12E3-E2E0-443C-829D-A8C2773BFE3E.jpg (1200x675, 67K)

maybe Winston was anticipating layoffs

High Table finds out and has you killed.

youtu.be/5wUezm-K0Bw?t=20
That scene when he falls is straight out of the Raimi Spiderman movies where Peter loses his powers and busts his ass in the alleyway.
Unless John is a cyborg in the fourth movie, that nigga should be paralyzed or dead.

I liked when Ser Bron of the Blackwater shot Hale Berry's dog and she goes crazy killing everyone and she is like he shot my dog and Keanu says I understand

This movie literally felt like a martial arts movie

all John Wick movies are martial arts movies you dumb shut

the reason why people don't bat an eye whenever they do assassin stuff is because baghdad, the home of the hashashin was never destroyed by the mongols in the 13th century, this allow the organization to flourish and overtake major institution, in the end all war was replaced by assassin battling each other

Genius, I never thought of it like that

maybe for JW4 they'll make him a special wheelchair that has 50 glock holsters.

Bravo user simply bravo

>literally every single person who does any crime is actually an assassin
what the fuck is the role of the police then?

Brilliant!

umm sweetie it's just a 6 story fall, and his fall was broken off by awning, railing and the soft tarmac

Attached: 2013m29512 copy.jpg (960x1433, 534K)

They should have John Wick fight Jason Statham or The Rock in 4

This is going in my Facebook feed!

shooting niggers and taking bribes

its going to be tom cruise

Woah are you some sort of genius?

Based weed user

literally this

Bruh there are people who survived falls from the twin towers on 9/11 This is baby shit compared to that.

>I'D SAY THE ODDS ARE ABOUT EVEN

HE KNOWS KEANU IS THE EMISSARY OF DEATH, A LITTLE FALL OFF A BUILDING ISNT GONNA DO IN THE GRIM REAPER

the criminals seem to do a very good job of policing themselves, so the police seems to just make sure non-civilians aren't causing trouble.

in this scene, John was a civilian again, and his civilian neighbors complained. So the cops show up. but for every other scene in the movies, it's all syndicate shit, so no cops.

forgot pic. and worded that post poorly.
>police seem to just make sure civilians aren't in any danger*

Attached: 19-05-21_21.11.19 Vital.jpg (1317x801, 87K)

>psychopaths
What's with all the retard-posters using this word today? Is it some new NPC script?

cute!

Attached: 1558438704624.jpg (750x375, 31K)

>tom cruise
>john breaks his arms and legs
>he snaps them back into place and keeps coming

how did you figure that out?

THEY SAW HEAVILY CHOREOGRAPHED SHIT LIKE THE RAID AND ITS PREDECESSORS, TONY JAA SHIT, OLD JOHN WOO HK ACTION GUN-FU

BUT PUT A REAL AMERICAN MOVIE STAR AS THE LEAD, AND HE COMMITS HARD IF YOU WATCH THE BTS EXTRAS

THEN FACE HIM OFF AGAINST A RICH EVER EXPANDING MAFIA UNDERWORLD, ALL KINDS OF ASSASSIN INSIDE BASEBALL

ITS AN AWESOME MASHUP AND IT DESERVINGLY PRINTS MONEY

why do they insist on fighting wick in a direct cqc shootout and not with snipers,traps,bombs etc

>John Wick 4
>Hugo Weaving shows up as Agent Smith
>Turns out John Wick is just another version of The One and they're inside the Matrix this whole time
>Rage Against the Machine plays on the background

Attached: download (1).png (566x333, 377K)

>Keanu
>American

The truest way to kill a man is to look him in the eyes as you take his life.

They think they can beat him because, after all, he is only human

Attached: agent.jpg (1280x720, 75K)

You're thinking of mutual handjobs

That's gay, bro.

WHERE'S MY ICONIC SLAVE ROLE

youtube.com/watch?v=CTJlmlZWWHA&t=72
THINK OF ME YOU'RE ALWAYS IN THE DARK

>Music was trash though
People keep saying this. Examples?

man I rewatched this movie yesterday, this scene is my favourite because of the music used in it

For whatever reason, 3 has no new (or any) LeCastlevania tunes and mostly reuses 2's soundtrack.

also terrible CGI

Based Police Chief from The Wire.

>WARP SPEED DONT RAINBOW READ ME NIGGA

A CONCIERGE ISNT QUITE A SLAVE

HE CHAUFFEURS THE BENTLEY BUT SOMEONE ELSE STILL HOLDS HIS UMBRELLA FOR HIM

What's his relation to robert?

Did it have any Marilyn Manson or shitty Nu-Metal?

>you will never drink a bottle of Halle Berry's spit

Attached: 1544876359816.jpg (583x583, 31K)

it had Kyary Pamyu Pamyu

This should have been trinity

>Kyary Pamyu Pamyu
Well I'll be damned.
youtube.com/watch?v=teMdjJ3w9iM&list=PLDAO5lp2rLHELpsPCPaHPtHH-OuovG7c4

smug yet clueless. brilliant.

in ww2 they found out that most soldiers weren't actually shooting to kill, they would just aim in the enemy's general direction and fire to "scare" them. This is normal human behaviour. animals instinctively don't want to kill their own species and will usually just yell and thrash about to scare off anything they see as a threat.
The few men who did shoot to kill showed signs of psychopathy.

most people i've talked to seem to think the movies have been getting better over time, but i dunno... the first one had a really grounded story that made the action scenes better by giving them context. 2 and 3 just felt like a bunch of cool, yet pointless set pieces and a bunch of secret society bullshit.

You have been memed by one book. Findings since then has disproven much of what that book said. You know the book you are citing.

>Findings since then
source? i want to read that

That whole first section of the armored network crew was genuinely interesting to watch because it was problem solving on the fly, as he has to juggle suppressing them with the assault rifle, stunning them with helmet shots, and finding moments to actually execute them

Mostly critiques of his methodology, the evolution of combat training, and common fucking sense. PTSD undermines the non-firer idea, as in people get worked up and kill someone, later regret it, and then beat their wives until they die of alcoholism.

This article lists a bunch of dudes who disagreed, for example.
historynewsnetwork.org/article/1356

I want the high table to be the Expendables.

>common fucking sense
if we're going the common sense route then it actually is common sense that it would be true.
look at the entire animal kigndom: when they fight their own species they intimidate first, then bully/jock for position. they don't go for death blows and usually do as little harm as possible but display as much force as possible. We are not separate from animals, and to get rid of those instincts we have to be trained.
PTSD would actually help the case of the non-fire. If a man feels that guilty about firing then it would have been a tough road to get to the point of firing. That's why the military uses a culture of killing to turn their soldiers into what they need to be to take a life. A regular person, or a person who's only done police training does not have a killer mentality, that needs to be drilled into you.
I'm also not saying that no one misses accidentally or that regular people don't shoot to kill I'm just saying that most of the time a person won't shoot to kill unless they absolutely have to and that picture doesn't say if it takes into account the amount of people who missed because it wasn't supposed to be a kill shot.

It's only little dialogue because the actor is a foreign basketball star (on my sixers) that don't speak good English if you know what I mean.

Who would win?

John Wick or Frank Castle?

>the animal kingdom
While I agree that bluffing and intimidation are much more efficient at conflict resolution, the modern firearm makes killing incredibly easy.
Note that we do not see any sort of hesitation with modern drone warfare.
Notice in Viet nam there is way more deadly shooting. I would argue that it is less likely that training has gotten so much better, and that Marshall was pulling numbers out of his ass to fit a narrative.
Consider that by saying most people aren't "natural killers" the military has worked like hell to find a better way to help shooters hone their killer instincts. He was an effective propagandist, I'll give him that.

He had been fighting for like a week straight at that point. Prime John would have won without breaking a sweat.

Very good, I’m saving this. 1 thing though, I don’t believe that Winston was welcomed into the high table, he was just allowed to remain manager at his branch of the Continental, unless I missed something.

probably took him better part of a week just to get to Casablanca under the radar. though it doesn't help he never changed the entire time.

No you're right, he is allowed to remain manager because of the leverage he gained by overcoming their assault and the threat of starting a guerilla war in NYC against the high table. Im kind of confused on if Winston actually believed John would survive or if he really tried to take him out, accepting already that he would be okay with getting killed by John if he survives.

That’s a good point that they use in action movies way too much. Punching someone with your bare fist is a great way to break your knuckles.

Attached: D7GQhXJUcAYRBkv.jpg (600x758, 45K)

Sure, using a drone strike would be relatively easy. Same as a gun compared to a knife or your bare hands but it's still not something that anyone would take lightly.
I agree about the book that he probably fudged some numbers and used hyperbole but the results are the same. He used his findings to more effectively breed killers, so it's can't be total bullshit/a waste.
Partly training, partly the nature of the Vietnam war. Whole thing was just a kill op and shit was chaos, charlie hidden everywhere man.

THE EXPLODING KAMIKAZE DRONE SWARMS IN THE NEW GERARD BUTLER MOVIE LOOK VICIOUS AS FUCK

>viet nam
It was an unwinnable war in the nuclear age, and the US had to maintain a sharp ground force. Who else could they have fought? Those helicopters weren't going to manufacture themselves.

Frank Castle, because he fights for the weak, like wahmen and non-white men.

Why was the 90's the last good decade for comic books?

I think they actually didn't had enough of good weapons for everyone, sure there was a lot of weapons but they have like only two actually good guns that could do anything against those soldiers. Even Wick with those handguns can't do shit to them.

Master/slave
He a good house negro

>Iron Chef had him beat and lets him live to continue the fight
>John straight up kills him when he didnt have to

I hate this

That was part of the assistant sushi chef from kill bills personality coming out, hes playful and excitable. Tbh i was hoping he would let him live and do the whole the knife is in your aorta thing

Boris, Jhon Wick is excommunicado in 10 minutes. What shoud we do, cyka blyat?

Attached: 15549079467170.jpg (758x506, 72K)

Retard here. What I didn't get is that John is Excommunicado and everyone is after him. So he goes to see that head of the table guy in desert, pledges allegiance again and then in my understanding the boss guy lifts the excommunicado away, yet, everyone is still after John? What am I missing here?

Well, the Elder said he would lift the bounty out on him once he killed Winston. There is a bit of confusion there because Wick was able to use Continental as a safe haven once he had his hand in that bottom stair. So ex communicado was lifted but bounty still active.

the bounty and excommunicado are separate things.The bounty is set by the high table but the Excommunicado means hes not allowed to take shelter in any continental hotel or receive any help from the underworld without them being targeted for helping him. Remember in the first movie John comfortably feels safe at the hotel despite a 2 million dollar bounty on his head, and only Perkins had the gall to try to kill him.

>character has no defining characteristics other than is sad and kills people well
>omg he's such a gary stu!
back to roddit with you

The bounty placed by D'Antonio was only $7M. Since he was dead, the bounty was likely considered unclaimable.

The excommunicado bounty that was set to take effect was the $14M bounty.

Keep in mind this movie starts like 2 minutes after the end of 2. Common didn't have all that much time to heal up. He had a knife blade in his aorta.

>Common
Dammit I hated that casting choice. He is not at all believable as any sort of superkiller. Skinnydyke was better than him.

there was a black dude in the back of mine, who managed to stay on the funny side of things.

knife scene:
>OH SHIT NIGGA OHHHH SHEEEEEEEEIT

dog scene:
>ey dog he dead leave him alone dog fuck

So far its better than Matrix. Has 3 good movies. Matrix has 1

i love the small little vignettes they have like the underwater shooting scene or the reload race, theres a wonderful energy and self awareness and cool factor to them, i love this franchise so much

private assassin the man above the table sends after wick

I see, thanks for clearing that up

I dont understand why nobody just shoots him in the movie?

damnit sammy

hes either using cover well or its dark and he has better reaction time and aim, on top of wearing a bulletproof suit for half the movie.

Yeah same. I think I liked this third movie most. Besides those parts you mentioned the knife throwing fight, the fight at the end against those two The Raid midgets, the battle dogs. I dont usually go to theater to watch same movie twice, but I might actually go see this again. Most surprised I was seeing how well Halle Berry actually handeld her action scenes, like she was really great. Didn't expect nothing from her

At the end of JW2 Winston mentions that the Camorras doubled the bounty D'Antonio placed, it's the same bounty.

They grew in a different direction. Not necessarily better, just grander. I enjoy the spectacle, they are all really great in their own right.

because he became a softcunt who was mourning his dead sickly wife. in the first john wick, it's made clear that he is weakened through sadness, that's why those two guys were able to break into his house, kill his dog and beat him up. then the female assassin also gives him a solid beating before he gets saved by sniper fire. what makes john wick an endearing and successful "franchise" is the fact that kino reeves portrays john as both very powerful and lucky, but also vulnerable. he isn't smug and condescending. there are moments where you can see him actually somewhat concerned about whether he will get rekt. in fact just in the first movie you see him get fucked up in the club scene. so he's not portrayed as super-powerful even though they sort of talk about him as being the best hitman.

i'm tired of the hitman trope stock character or whatever you want to call it, but i would still pay to see john wick 3 in theaters if i were still a wagie because of the points above. unlike forced feministcunt characters, john actually feels real because he does suffer moments of "oh fuck i might actually be in over my head" as the entire assassin network starts to go after him. i think keanu could have done a slightly better job at portraying the "well, this is it, i'm going to die if i hold back, so i might as well go balls out". instead, some of the fights look too choreographed.

Attached: D6DAEvJWwAAssb_.jpg (620x933, 159K)

They did that in Iron Man 3 and I loved it. Dude drops his gun and goes
>I don't like working for them, these guys are super weird

Ohhh sexy brown sugar ooooo

What you retards seem to forget is that this is a fictional character, which means the writers make him as strong as they want, and no amount of pondering and discussing will lead to any sort of conclusion regarding his ultimate strength or why he did this and not that other thing. It's all a waste of time and braincells, the writers can decide on a whim that John is now a tranny and there's nothing you can do about it

>how come no one has sniped him off yet?
For the same reason that everyone has knives and no one has guns in Raid 2.

I liked dyke fom second movie more.

Attached: john-wick-2-ruby-rose-aresjpg.jpg (1300x650, 37K)

>not recognizing Mad Dog from the Raid
I haven't seen the movie and reading of ninja's made me hope it was him.
Fucking a

>It's all a waste of time and braincells, the writers can decide on a whim that John is now a tranny and there's nothing you can do about it

I like the What if X? posters a lot. They post hypotheticals and try to get angry at an imaginary idea. Anything I like can be changed and anything you liked can be changed. There is no point in consuming any form of media. Existing is pointless.

Attached: 1553521823499.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

Finally you got it friend, it feels so good knowing there are others out there, I just can't help myself being cynical all the time it helps me cope with myself and how disappointed I am with the way my life is going

I KNEW I RECOGNIZED HIM GODDAMN IT THANK YOU

I don’t think anybody on this board thinks that John Wick is a documentary though. Go have sex.

>t. retard and didn't read past the first line

I'm sure your life is shit but I'm sure mine is worse. I don't know anything about you and I'm sure this is bait but don't actually live like this. Hating everything is so tiresome and you'll reach a point where you can't fee

I imagine that there were tons of people who got the text, raised their eye brows in surprise and fucked off to the continental

>when the twins help him up and say its an honor fighting him

pure wholesome kino hope they team up with him later.

It’s already a great movie you fucking idiot.

Yeah I know it's not good for me but it makes me feel superior to other people and that itself feels like achieving something. I think if I took on a bit more of a lax and carefree attitude I might actually attract some friends and perhaps a gf

Did the cab driver work for the Bowery King or another faction?

Ernest said "who would know?"

That triggered me, I was expecting a scene with Le Castlevania

John Wick is a goddamn cowboy, even shoots a revolver and rides a horse

I thought it was strange that a huge gun battle ensued because Bronn shot her dog, but then I remembered how the franchise started lmao. Don't fuck with a person's dog

$15 million isn’t enough to make me attempt to kill that guy. All those assassins are retards.

I think 4 has to take place months after 3, John must have multiple broken bones and internal bleeding after that fall

For the same reason people try to kill Golgo 13
They want to be the legend.

How did he know he wouldn't break his neck?

Deepest lore

I want to see them les out

H-He's okay, right?

Attached: Zero_Character_Poster.jpg (700x1079, 124K)

That was pretty hot

Insanely proficient isn't "immortal badass" he gets hurt and nearly killed a bunch of times in the movies and he is getting old, some rookie could easily think "14 mil? i could probably take him"

Cynicism is not a replacement for a personality.

I liked how he used the horses as weapons

but you can squirrel it away, save that shit for when you retire (if you live that long) maybe buy yourself some nice clothes, give it to your family for the karma, buy a bunch of sweet guns.
Yes you can't buy a jet with 15 mil, but you can buy a lot of other really cool shit with it, might be able to buy your way out of your hitman obligations and be a normal person again.

He didn't, but he didn't think there was another way out.
He could:
>decline the offer and the High Table would kill both of them sooner or later
>kill John and keep the Continental and his life
>pretend to kill John as best and as convincingly as he could at the moment and hope he survives, as well as promising he'll take care of him himself (thus lowering the heat for John)

>yfw Wick killed the sushi chef because after the fight he realized he really was like him, and if he didn't die he would never stop

I wish I could watch the 4th movie right now

Did you watch the movie? During the first birdman sequence he says he doesn't have to kill him.
Brainlets are getting dumber I swear.

If he really wanted to kill him he would finish his job, not just sit right besides him while he's trying his best not to die with sword in his chest. John always trying to do a finisher just to be sure that his enemy is 100% dead.

While I enjoyed the movie for the most part, I fear that they're going too far Fast and the Furious for my taste. What I enjoyed so much about the first one was that the suspension of disbelief was valid. The second one broke it pretty hard with the subway shootout with the silenced weapons. I was kind of hoping it'd go back to its roots with this one.

Still mad respect for Keanu and how much work he puts into it, though.

Seeing Mad Dog actually made me slightly nervous for John Wick

Attached: 1558512138842.jpg (1328x2047, 892K)

It hasn't gone full Fast and Furious yet. It takes real elements and expands upon them so that they're fantastical. Stuff like the gun shooting under water are true to life. It's more similar to the Raid than F&F

Me too, doesn't happen often that after movies ending I still want to watch another two hours.

Yeah, then High Table comes and almost kills him for it.

It's part of a broader personality

She cute

I'm referring more to the addition of the super ninjas and the endlessly dragged out fights. Feels like they're turning Wick more into the terminator than a well trained assassin.

I actually liked the underwater scene a lot.

Big bosses in desert looks like a bunch of roleplayers.

They went for him because he helped lead to the events of John Wick killing on the continental's grounds. There's a line in this movie saying "Just because the contract is open doesn't mean I have to go for it." Being excommunicado just means you don't have access to their resources and people may hit you

Those are all the makings of a martial arts movie not fast and furious. They're turning him into Jackie Chan more than anything.

As well it should but he and the other dude were just as star struck as Zero so it was fine

do i need to watch #1&2 first to enjoy John Wick 3 ?

Those Chinese guys throwing all those knives that keep hitting their friends in the back is me playing Mordhau

Yes, but it's taking what, to me at least, were the most enjoyable bits of the original and slowly creeping into a direction I feel is becoming more and more ridiculous, just like F&F. Which is the point I was trying to make.

you don't need to watch them to enjoy this, but you will enjoy it more if you do

that poor cat though, I couldnt help but feel bad for it as its all alone now.

I think it probably has to do with the budget. They up the ante, it isn't batshit retarded like F&F yet tho

I get it I just feel like the F&F comparison is a bit off. F&F started as street race gangs committing robberies now we're at super soldiers. John Wick started with hints of a large expansive criminal underworld that exist in plain sight and now we're seeing more of that. Most of what we're seeing now is fitting to the stories they'd tell about John in 1 & 2

Why didn't 20 men gang up on Wick with machine guns and just blazed away?
Why didn't they send dozens of drone sfitted with explosives to blow up on his head?

Alone, what do you mean? Zero is fine.right

Yes, they build on each other. Timeframe from chapter 1 to beginning of chapter 3 is about a week, give or take a couple days.

They do want to keep it fresh, there’s only so many times you can watch a headshot before you get bored. They do throw in scenes where you have to suspend belief, but I feel in almost all action movies you do. F&F started out street racing 1/4 mile to hopping your car through skyscrapers and taking out a nuclear sub with exotic cars. I don’t see Wick franchise doing that at all. There’s a lot of backstory and shadowy lore we don’t know about, so naturally the movies will uncover that as they go on.

Because it wouldn't make a good :0 movie, seriously the whole time watching, whenever wick was walking through a crowd, all the assassin would have to do is NOT run after wick and NOT make massive noise and just quietly walk behind him or past him and inject horse poison into him or quickly slit his throat, honestly pretty dumb movie, same level as capeshit

The Mongols literally emptied Baghdad and slaughtered the population of the city.

Cats can survive on their own.

The knife scene reminded me of throwing knives in the hitman games, and the axe throw too. Also this movie had some the most vicious kills of the series. Cracking the skull with the knife, stabbing the guy in the eye with the knife, breaking the guys jaw with the book, doggos going right for the groin. What was up with the ballerina tearing off her toe nail? Is that an actual thing?

Also was it a good decision to kind of shed light on his past, ie being an Orphan for the Belarus lady? I like it showed the kids practicing combat Sambo, always thought that was what his cqc looks like.

Yeah, at least it doesn't take itself seriously like capeshit.

Most of the assassins are on first name basis, so it isn't easy to sneak up on him, plus Wick has god-like reflexes

This.

Did you see the fall Wick went through? That was some Home Alone level shit.

He was barely alive though, probably multiple broken bones and internal bleeding.

I just want to watch a video of nothing but the dancing robots.

Wick passes about 100 people in the crowd without looking up at them, what's stopping one assassin boi from dressing up and acting like a normal citizen and then once near wick just do the deed, and I don't mean a rapid stabbing motion that wick would obviously instantly react against, but a sneaky hidden syringe just stabbed into the buttocks

You kill the legend, you become the legend.

Pretty sure that was for comedic effect, just as a closer for the film, to get a laugh out of the audience and release tension after the dramatic fight scene with bald guy

Probably deus ex machina because obvs he's the protag, but there was the montage in the second movie of him fighting off random assassins after Santino put out the contract

Any zooks fans pretty proud of /ourguy/ being in the first and last scenes of the movie? Hell, he's technically the one that saves John's life.

>John fucks Russians up in 1
>John fucks Italians up in 2
>John fucks Asians/Muslims up in 3
>John fucks ??????? up in 4
So who's gonna get fucked this time?

Attached: John Wick_.jpg (3000x1908, 1.22M)

I hope I'm still alive in 2021 to see John Wick murk the High Table

the gays

Depends where ever the High Table is. Here's hoping it's Israel hahaha

Mexicans is my guess. Maybe he kills some cartel to get to important leaders, seeing as they definitely wouldnt bow to the high table and could help him if he proved himself.

John needs to go somewhere snowy in 4, just imagine the blood-splatters...

Attached: Wind River.jpg (1050x576, 96K)

The NYC Continental was still consecrated grounds for the assassins after John. He wasn't going to risk breaking that without permission, excommunicado on John or not.

Is it gonna be like Shot Caller when John literally has to kill the ringleader of everything and replace him to live out his life safely

Does anyone else not take the penultimate fight seriously because it looked like a grown man slapping two kids around? Doesn’t help that Keanu spends a majority of the fight on his knees and still almost comes up to their heads.

Seeing how it's gone so far, he'd probably go as far to dismantle the whole entire organization rather than taking it over

No, he was still excommunicado throughout the movie. But the rule is "no blood can be spilled on the sacred ground of the Continental" so no one can hurt John as long as he has a pinky in Continental territory lest they violate the rule, no matter how righteous the cause. So John gets away on a technicality.

ah so thats what matrix 4 is going to be huh

Any Yea Forums-tards suprised with the whole mentioning of assassin word origin and ring finger cutting. That is very reminiscent with assassins creed?

youtu.be/aiKDDKog3Y4

Attached: 134545652.jpg (700x473, 46K)

Implying best possible outcome for 4 is for John to use a blood favor from Ethan Hunt and we see Keanu Reeves doing Tom Cruise stunts and we see Tom Cruise doing Keanu Reeves stunts

that would be action kino

>the ballerina tearing off her toe nail? Is that an actual thing?
It happens from practicing too hard and too much. The ballet industry is fucking hardcore.

Rad.

The kikes are next on the list.
JOHN WICK, CHAPTER 4: BE-TACHBULOT TA`ASEH LEKHA MILCHAMAH

Attached: 01e.jpg (782x751, 281K)

Both based on the same mythos.

>the no bellet gf with horrible feet and even though you have a footfetish it doesn't matter you still love her and soak her jacked up feet in warm water and never enjoy her feet how you'd like to but what does it matter if you've got her
I need to... I'm not even sure anymore. I need to live apart from society?

The director and Keanu said that John WIck is set in a hyper realistic universe. Assassins are thing and known and largely ignored by society.

Castle has a kill count of over 50k guess

I don’t mean to be that guy, but can someone explain the appeal of these movies to me?
The action seems way too drawn out and lacks all tension because you know the main guy is OP and can never be beaten by a random enemy. The story is extremely bland and does not help give the action sequences any tension. The dialogue is barebones and leaves nothing to think about or be interested in. The characters are all one dimensional as fuck and it’s extremely hard to give a fuck about any of them.

Attached: ACB12BF7-96D2-4193-AE65-6136B71A6A98.gif (366x275, 1.68M)

Also, the cinematography is nothing to write home about and the soundtrack is unmemorable to say the least. Whoever said this was better than the Matrix trilogy is a fucking moron.